Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

38 minutes ago, LadyDot said:

Note to Joss detractors:  Joss is 15 years old.  What do you expect?  Look at all the melodrama she was raised with.  Of course she is a twit.

I kind of agree with you. Add her upbringing to the fact that she's 15. And most 15 year olds can be fickle jerks. I think the writing for her is pretty spot-on. Nonetheless, I was having trouble today believing she was so attached to Carly that she wanted to go on the run with her.

But I'm also having trouble believing they're in a safe house, given the traffic in and out of there in the last 24 hours. My Law and Order University training taught me that the comings and goings of family members are the first things cops watch when they're hunting a fugitive. 

• Love 9

Geez, Ava, don't you know the docks have the highest traffic in PC?  This is where you decide to burn the blanket.

Why wouldn't Ava just drive to another city?

Joss really did a good Carly Jr. interpretation when she confronted Nelle.

• Love 4

Another episode - another felony; impersonating a federal official.  I really do not like the effect that Sam had on Drew and has on Curtis.

Your unborn kid takes priority - what a knucklehead Michael.  You get your revenge after the kid is safe and sound.

One positive thing show is doing is cutting down on the amount of MB's dialogue.

I can't stand Joss but she is the only one in that house who is actually a teenager. 

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Perkie said:

I'll defend MIchael on this point.  He killed Claudia in defense of Carly and Joss.  He killed the hitman in his apartment in defence of Rosalie and himself.  Nelle planned and executed the killing of Zach becuase he was going to change his will and leave her nothing.  There's a huge difference between those two.  

Zach wasn't changing his will. Nelle said that Zach was weak and she believe that he would eventually listen to his family and leave her nothing in the will. Even finding out that Michael planned to leave everything to the baby and he was going to divorce her, her first instinct was to plan his murder. She had other options but she went with the deadliest option.

5 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Is Sonny or the show going to remember Sonny's stillborn daughter with Sam and use that as a way for Sonny to bond with and try to comfort Michael?

I think Jason grieved more for that baby than Sonny and by that point this was third child that Sonny has lost. The baby with Lily (which also killed her) and the baby with Carly came first first.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, sunnyface said:

Another episode - another felony; impersonating a federal official.  I really do not like the effect that Sam had on Drew and has on Curtis.

That's the problem when the villains of the show are the heroes.

2 minutes ago, nilyank said:

I think Jason grieved more for that baby than Sonny and by that point this was third child that Sonny has lost. The baby with Lily (which also killed her) and the baby with Carly came first first.

Jason seemed to care more for that baby then for his own children.

Wasn't Sam's baby the second one?

Even if Zach was going to change his will after their marriage, in the right state Nelle would still have got considerable money after a divorce. but she's not particularly creative in her planning except when it comes to murder or revenge.

• Love 2

Jesus God. With so many other characters and storylines being dropped and actors quitting cuz they are so badly utilized or written for, this show has truly gone full on Sopranos being almost exclusively about the Corinthii as the family we are supposed to root for no matter what they do. Sorry, they are not good enough actors, nor nuanced enough characters, for me to want anything but hardcore comeuppance for the lot of them.

The baby dying could have at least been some soapy drama, but CD isn't capable of going through any kind of range of emotions about it. Nelle out-acts him in spades. 

And yeah, Jason breaks Carly out of Ferncliff at gunpoint but the cops aren't tailing Sonny. Yeah. 

• Love 17
21 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Jesus God. With so many other characters and storylines being dropped and actors quitting cuz they are so badly utilized or written for, this show has truly gone full on Sopranos being almost exclusively about the Corinthii as the family we are supposed to root for no matter what they do. Sorry, they are not good enough actors, nor nuanced enough characters, for me to want anything but hardcore comeuppance for the lot of them.

The baby dying could have at least been some soapy drama, but CD isn't capable of going through any kind of range of emotions about it. Nelle out-acts him in spades. 

And yeah, Jason breaks Carly out of Ferncliff at gunpoint but the cops aren't tailing Sonny. Yeah. 

They're also not very good looking actors either. 

• Love 1

Thoughts from today:

- Get the fuck out of here, Jason, with your "you were raised with morals" bullshit to Josslyn.  This is the same kid who was giggling yesterday that you and her Mom broke the law.  Again.  Still.

- Why is Mary Pat, a NURSE (no offense to nurses), seemingly in charge of an entire mental hospital?  And of course she's not only EVUL, but stupid, to boot, to fall for Curtis and Sam's totally lame story.

-  Seriously, Ava, you're a rotten criminal.  Shred and burn the blanket--in your apartment.  Trying to do it on the docks is akin to doing it in the middle of the Metrocourt.

-  If they did an autopsy on the baby they would know it wasn't stillborn.  This fakkata show.

• Love 13

There should be a flashing neon sign outside that says "this way to the safehouse".  That place is busier than JFK airport.  And it's within walking distance of the hospital and the docks. 

Michael seriously resisted naming the baby Michael Corinthos the 4th?  He must have known it wouldn't make it.

What is a stolen consent form going to do?  Again, chain of evidence. 

Carly suddenly has a few changes of clothes.  I wonder if Jason packed Carly's clothes himself, took tongs to gather her undies and bras?  "Ewww, girly things."

• Love 7
49 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

-  If they did an autopsy on the baby they would know it wasn't stillborn.  This fakkata show.

For all Kim's assurances that the car crash didn't hurt the baby, there's no way they can know that.

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Seriously, Ava, you're a rotten criminal.  Shred and burn the blanket--in your apartment.  Trying to do it on the docks is akin to doing it in the middle of the Metrocourt.

And isn't that what happened with Morgan's pills?  She tried to dump them in, like, a street garbage bin and it ended up being her undoing.

3 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Michael seriously resisted naming the baby Michael Corinthos the 4th?  He must have known it wouldn't make it.

Oh I think they're saving that for when Michael is reunited with the baby.  That's probably why they didn't have Lucas name the baby after Tony, because they knew they were going to tock it.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, ciarra said:

They were not going to waste that name on a child that he had with Nelle.

• Love 3

I still don't think that Michael is the father.  Sure they'll be a custody fight, but in the end it will be revealed that the kid isn't his (despite the paternity that Nelle had). 

• Love 2

When Nelle was sobbing that her crazy ideas got the better of her and she couldn't stop, I thought, "Good god, Michael fake-married his mother!"

2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

-  Seriously, Ava, you're a rotten criminal.  Shred and burn the blanket--in your apartment.  Trying to do it on the docks is akin to doing it in the middle of the Metrocourt.

I know. Wouldn't her apartment building have a trash chute? Throw the blanket out with the kitchen garbage and be done with it.

The Sam/Curtis stuff was deeply stupid.

Who doesn't know where that safe house is? It looks like Alexis's old lake house, LOL.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

When Nelle was sobbing that her crazy ideas got the better of her and she couldn't stop, I thought, "Good god, Michael fake-married his mother!"

I know. Wouldn't her apartment building have a trash chute? Throw the blanket out with the kitchen garbage and be done with it.

Who doesn't know where that safe house is? It looks like Alexis's old lake house, LOL.

2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

the writers are idiots and don't really care.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Seriously, Ava, you're a rotten criminal.  Shred and burn the blanket--in your apartment

It's a knitted blanket.  All she needs to do is un-knit it.  Take the stupid thing apart and dump it down the trash shute.  

• Love 12

Carly manages to be overly dramatic even when she's involved in something sufficiently dramatic, like nearly getting ECT without consent. It's a controversial procedure that isn't for everyone, and some people say they've benefited and others say they wouldn't have it again, but she really thought she wouldn't be able to recognize the sky after having it? Is she (or the Van Etten/Altman team) confusing ECT with lobotomy? 

I still like Chase, somehow. He's the same type of character as Griffin in some ways, but not as overtly sanctimonious. I just can't take Griffin when he starts in with the conscience talk, and sorting out who's bad (Valentin), good (Ava), and better (Sonny).  And especially when he falls off his own pedestal and walks around with that "little boy who just got a whuppin'" face, as he's been doing a lot lately.   

• Love 9

Griffin really is the worst.  That the show thinks this dude who is constantly judging his girlfriend's actions and whether they met his moral standards as well as who slept with her daughter ten seconds after they were on a break is "a good man" is insane to me.  He's not, he sucks!

• Love 11
52 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

Carly manages to be overly dramatic even when she's involved in something sufficiently dramatic, like nearly getting ECT without consent. It's a controversial procedure that isn't for everyone, and some people say they've benefited and others say they wouldn't have it again, but she really thought she wouldn't be able to recognize the sky after having it? Is she (or the Van Etten/Altman team) confusing ECT with lobotomy? 

I still like Chase, somehow. He's the same type of character as Griffin in some ways, but not as overtly sanctimonious. I just can't take Griffin when he starts in with the conscience talk, and sorting out who's bad (Valentin), good (Ava), and better (Sonny).  And especially when he falls off his own pedestal and walks around with that "little boy who just got a whuppin'" face, as he's been doing a lot lately.   

There was a recent Sixty Minutes story on ECT and how it's not the ECT of the 1950's and it's proven beneficial to people in its current form.  It doesn't make them fucking zombies, so yeah, the show is taking HUGE liberties.  Shocking, I know.

Griffin is so sanctimonious I cannot take it anymore.  I honestly don't know why he's still with Ava, since he judges every single thing she does.

• Love 6

Ava honey, two words: trash chute. You live in an apartment building. Just put the blanket in a trash bag, tie it closed and dump it down the chute. It will then go into an even bigger trash bag and no one will ever be the wiser. But no, mustn’t have that. Then she can’t be found out! Instead, let’s go down to the docks and burn it. ::shaking head::

and griffin? STFU! 

• Love 8

These days ECT is done only on one side only rather than the two sided ECT of the sixties that caused memory loss.  It wasn't appropriate for Carly, who a sociopath rather than depressed, but it's not the horror that the show makes it.

Griffin gives priests as bad name.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

There was a recent Sixty Minutes story on ECT and how it's not the ECT of the 1950's and it's proven beneficial to people in its current form.  It doesn't make them fucking zombies, so yeah, the show is taking HUGE liberties.  Shocking, I know.

Griffin is so sanctimonious I cannot take it anymore.  I honestly don't know why he's still with Ava, since he judges every single thing she does.

especially when he treats Sonny as a paragon of virtue

• Love 3

If I thought Griffin was heading for a big fall when the girlfriend's-daughter lovin' inevitably gets exposed, and it was going to result in some growth for him, I'd mind his sanctimony less. But I have no such illusions. The unspeakable Ava is the wronged party, after all. So the fallout from the Griffin/Kiki one-night stand will be eclipsed by her hiding the baby blanket, or whatever other nefarious deed becomes the story on page one. Sonny and Carly will probably be there to deliver the show's party line: that noble, priestly Griffin was drawn to Kiki because she was Ava without the evil, and his mistake wasn't cheating on Ava, it was being with her in the first place.  

I sometimes think a Liz/Franco and Ava/Griffin partner swap would be an improvement.  I mean...still keeping the men with the women. There are limits to my revolutionary thinking here. But Ava and Franco have good scheming chemistry, and Liz is complex enough (or historically has been) to make Griffin as interesting as he can be, and they'd look good. 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Griffin really is the worst.  That the show thinks this dude who is constantly judging his girlfriend's actions and whether they met his moral standards as well as who slept with her daughter ten seconds after they were on a break is "a good man" is insane to me.  He's not, he sucks!

And just because he knows sleeping with Lauren was wrong and is sorry about it doesn't make him good, either.

2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

There was a recent Sixty Minutes story on ECT and how it's not the ECT of the 1950's and it's proven beneficial to people in its current form. 

Seriously. They don't just dial it up to 11 and let the current rip. Ugh. Ferncliffe is supposed to reputable if a tough place, right? It's so aggravating the show is always trying to have things both ways.

One thing I forgot to mention about yesterday's show was that I was glad Carly realized Jax's reaction to Joss going on the run with Carly would not be positive, and Carly wants to maintain a positive relationship with him. And we didn't get a snort of disdain from Sonny about that, either.

• Love 3

I wonder if this information LWB/FS is dangling about Patients 1-4 will tie back to the Kevin/Ryan stuff.

I guess we were supposed to be rooting for Joss/Carly's avatar in the fight with Nelle today, but...

I found Nelle slagging off Chase's boudoir skills kinda funny.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

I know it's Nelle and she's Public Enemy No. 1, but it's gross no one is blinking about handcuffing a recently postpartum woman to her bed. (Though they could have left the pregnancy padding on her for a little longer.) I blame the guard outside the door for leaving his post. I half expected that to be Nelle's doing.

LOL at Lulu getting shirty with LWB/FS. She hardly needed his encouragement to pursue her dumb Faison story.

Yeah, that guy lurking around the corner of the hospital elevator wasn't suspicious at all, no siree. /all the eyerolls

1 minute ago, Happywatcher said:

Did we miss a day of broadcast? Because this felt like a Monday recap and catchup show

I think we're on schedule—Friday isn't always the cliffhanger episode it should be. I'm sure the writers think we need a break from all of the breathless action from the Carly/Jason stuff.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I'd say Michael seeing Brad and Lucas with "their" baby is kinda cliffhanger-y.

It's soapy for a change, that's for sure!

I was speaking about the general pacing of the how, which is reliably problematic. 

11 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I think we're on schedule—Friday isn't always the cliffhanger episode it should be. I'm sure the writers think we need a break from all of the breathless action from the Carly/Jason stuff.

LOL

How typically gross of GH to let the Joss/Nelle showdown devolve into a fistfight ('cause women fight like alley cats whereas men just throw a punch and pull a gun and call it a day, right?) AND we're told that level of violence is okay so long as one party is evil. Nelle did attack first and put Joss on the defensive, but Joss telling Michael how much she enjoyed herself isn't a good look for her. This wasn't Joss "doing her civic duty" by taking down a criminal; she went into this grabbing Nelle's arm and calling her a bitch. She was clearly looking for an altercation to vent her feelings, and relished that Nelle provided the opportunity to turn to violence. That's not okay in my book and I won't condone her behavior, even if it is coming from a teenager.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Linny said:

She was clearly looking for an altercation to vent her feelings, and relished that Nelle provided the opportunity to turn to violence.

Yeah, if she saw her sneaking out of the hospital, she had ample opportunity to alert the proper authorities.  But that's not the Carly/Corinthii way, I guess. #ugh #poorjax

• Love 8

Fridays usually get the lowest ratings for a long time now no matter what they show, so I think they've moved the cliffhanger stuff from Fridays.

Nelle's little kick to Joss reminded me of this:

They finally put KSt/Maxie in a good outfit. They've been putting her in a lot of unflattering stuff lately.

I thought the patient reveal was soapy too.

Waaay too much Carly lately.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3
Just now, ulkis said:

Are there any other twins in GH lore that could be a part of this?  I mean, it might take some narrative gymnastics, but there's Anna/Alex too.

• Love 1

Poor Brad.  He has more honour than Sason and the whole Corinthos clan put together.  Keep the baby, Brad!  Save him from a life with Carly and Sonny!

I was surprised that there actually were patients 1 - 5. I thought the 'patient 6' think was an homage to Seal Team 6.

19 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I know it's Nelle and she's Public Enemy No. 1, but it's gross no one is blinking about handcuffing a recently postpartum woman to her bed. (Though they could have left the pregnancy padding on her for a little longer.)

I thought she still had a smaller bump when she was on the docks with Joss, which would be realistic.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Are there any other twins in GH lore that could be a part of this?  I mean, it might take some narrative gymnastics, but there's Anna/Alex too.

Kevin/Ryan. Or are we just assuming the six are Drew/Jason, Anna/Alex and Kevin/Ryan?

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:
4 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Did I miss something? Do we know who the patient is? We're talking about Finn having to care for the patient, right? Last I heard the patient was just "very special." (There's been severe weather in NYC and channel 7 jumped in at the end pretty quickly.)

19 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Did I miss something? Do we know who the patient is?

LWB/FS said he had information on Patients 1-5, the ones before Jason.  There were no specifics, but given the twin thing with Jason/Drew, I speculated that it might tie into what they're teasing about Kevin/Ryan and then could also pull in Alex/Anna given the Valentin connection.

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Ah, thanks, @ulkis and @TeeVee329. I wonder if the patient in the room next to Carly at Ferncliffe is connected to this. The show made such a big deal about how Dangerous! and Unhinged! the patient was.

Or maybe they're just a really big ABBA fan and pissed Mary Pat won't let them screen Mamma Mia 2.

I'm guessing this baby switch will be revealed right about the time that Mike dies.  And Michael will find out his baby survived, and name him...wait for it...Michael Corinthos IV, after his grandfather.  Question is - will the baby be called Mike?  Mikey?  Mickey?

• Love 2