Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

35 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Show, Sam is no Jessica Jones over here. Sorry. Can they just have pity on KM and let her out of her contract? More coma acting today.

She's been average for a long time, but she's been particularly bad since they removed her from Billy Miller's orbit. I'm not trying to start gossip and dramatics, but at least she tried with him and/or there was just a natural connection between the two, for whatever reason. There is no chemistry left between SBu and KeMo, IMO. It's time to move on. I am a believer that the show needed to give JaSam respect and closure, but once that's done, it should be OK to try new things, new pairings, and new stories. Jason and Sam are not, and never should have been, some untouchable couple that lasts longer than actual supercouples when the genre was ACTUALLY POPULAR.

• Love 7

How desperate is Ferncliff that they will take a recommendation from a staff nurse for a custodian? And don't bother to call to confirm with his actual supervisor at GH?  They deserve what they get.

And that's setting aside that Liz completely lied in the reference letter.

4 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I don't even know how Valentin has all these things that have to do with Alexis's mom. Creeper.

He said he found it at Windermere which makes zero sense since Mikkos didn't live there IIRC and I doubt Helena would be keeping her husband's mistress' things around since she was the one who killed her.

I've wanted a Natasha backstory for Alexis for years.  I'm not a fan of Valentin or how sloppy it is right now but this is the one current story I'm interested in.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

He said he found it at Windermere which makes zero sense since Mikkos didn't live there IIRC and I doubt Helena would be keeping her husband's mistress' things around since she was the one who killed her.

If that was true, and that's a big if, wouldn't Nikolas have found those things and given them to his aunt since he had an actual relationship with Alexis?

• Love 9

Uh, here's a question.  Why is a nurse interviewing Jason for the custodian position?  Shouldn't that be the HR person?  The Warden?  Someoen other than a nurse?  The stupid.  

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

Could someone give me an example of how Ava has used her sexuality and sex to manipulate and get ahead?  Because that's what Kiki accused her of, right?  I just don't remember Ava ever actually doing that.  She has flirted, I guess, but I'm not too sure that her behaviour - in this respect - has been particularly horrendous.

I thought when Ava slept with Sonny, that was a power play so he wouldn't suspect that she was the one that killed Connie and framed AJ.

Maybe her weirdo relationship with Paul Hornsby.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

She has been acting like a zombie for years. I don’t understand it. And that wispy monotone mumble... am I wrong, or did she speak in a normal expressive voice once upon a time? She can do it, right? Maybe it’s just too many years of being paired with the Borg, resulting in a mutual energy suck.

Yes, she can do it!  I noticed watching an ep a couple of weeks ago, where she was asking Jason to help her break Peter out of jail and he refused.  She spoke in a measured and clear voice, cause she was pissed at him.  Her "pissed" voice is most people's normal voice, and her normal voice is most people's voice when they smoke weed.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

And that wispy monotone mumble... 

drives me absolutely crazy.

My niece is a psychiatric nurse, so I'm already offended by the Ferncliff storyline. 

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, nilyank said:

I thought when Ava slept with Sonny, that was a power play so he wouldn't suspect that she was the one that killed Connie and framed AJ.

Maybe her weirdo relationship with Paul Hornsby.

The Corinthii certainly floated a narrative that Ava got herself pregnant with Avery as insurance, which is a soap thing I hate.  Women can't get themselves pregnant if you don't have grief sex with them IN A CRYPT without protection, SONNY.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

The Corinthii certainly floated a narrative that Ava got herself pregnant with Avery as insurance, which is a soap thing I hate.  Women can't get themselves pregnant if you don't have grief sex with them IN A CRYPT without protection, SONNY.

I never thought she got pregnant on purpose, but I always find it silly on soaps that women who have an active sex life and years of experience, having accidental pregnancies (e.g. Alexis, Olivia, Ava). That is a storyline best suited for foolish teens with limited experience.

• Love 3

Sorry show, going full on "One Flew Over the Carly's Nest" is not going to make me feel sorry for her or cheer when she gets rescued/vengeance. Also, who the fuck can swallow 4 pills in a dry mouth? I guess all the nurses in the 24/7 rotation are in on the forced meds plan. dull-skype-smiley.gif

• Love 6
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I've wanted a Natasha backstory for Alexis for years.  I'm not a fan of Valentin or how sloppy it is right now but this is the one current story I'm interested in.

He said he found it on Cassadine Island in Greece, not Windermere--which makes more sense as far as where Mikkos would've stored things.

• Love 4

They should run this during Mental Health Awareness week, so that people who are having problems can see the caring people who look after the mentally ill.  Sure, it's for the "criminally insane", but really, GH writers, turn the calendar over from 1975.  Carly's stay can be bad enough (other patients, loss of freedom) without the health professionals abusing her. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

For some reason, men are always completely blameless when women get pregnant. They have no idea how sperm got in there! It's one of the most misogynist things about soaps than women "trap" men by getting pregnant.

I'm legit surprised the recording of Alexis's mother wasn't of Kristin singing "O Mio Bambino Caro."

Max Gail cracked me up today. Mike's breezy bluntness was really funny.

6 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Why were they showing us feet when Sam and Curtis arrived at Wyndemere. We knew they were going there, and Sam has only one pair of shoes that she has been wearing for like 5 years now. It's not like we had no idea who was breaking into the place.

I know! There were also some weird camerawork with Alexis's hands. 

15 minutes ago, ciarra said:

They should run this during Mental Health Awareness week, so that people who are having problems can see the caring people who look after the mentally ill.  Sure, it's for the "criminally insane", but really, GH writers, turn the calendar over from 1975.  Carly's stay can be bad enough (other patients, loss of freedom) without the health professionals abusing her. 

We shouldn't have to watch GH's insulting version of The Snake Pit. And really, the orderly cracking his knuckles? 

LOL at Jason going undercover at Ferncliffe.

• Love 6
(edited)

I don't think Ava was trying to get pregnant but I don't think she was honestly attracted to Sonny either. I think Avery was an mistake accident, but the sex was supposed to build something between them because she was worried about what would happen when/if he learned about Connie and AJ

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm  legit surprised the recording of Alexis's mother wasn't of Kristin singing "O Mio Bambino Caro."

Interestingly Supergirl,  who has been doing a better written father/ son dementia story, did use a recording of it. But it was applied to a father so more of an Easter egg.

12 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

really has some balls on her shading Ava for her stances on truth and sex given she fucked Ava's boyfriend like five minutes ago, not to mention all her shenanigans with Michael and Morgan.  Shut up, Keeks.

AGREE !!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 5
(edited)
22 hours ago, ulkis said:

Show, Sam is no Jessica Jones over here. Sorry. Can they just have pity on KM and let her out of her contract? More coma acting today.

Show, PLEASE,   have pity on US, too!!!!!!

Edited by Valmarmar
wording
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Perkie said:

Why is a nurse interviewing Jason for the custodian position?  Shouldn't that be the HR person?  The Warden?  Someoen other than a nurse?  The stupid.  

Actually, I can think of several reasons. The place may not be able to afford an HR dept. The peer employees and supervisor may function as the hiring group. Jason could have had a screening interview first, even by phone. And it is very common to have interviews with several people today, because if the candidate is later found to be a dud, blame can be spread around. Another reason for the nurse's interview could be more common: if the place is sinister and run by an unsavory organization,  one of the leaders can interview to eliminate the chance of outside spies being hired. Finally, the job os custodian may report to the nurses, and thus an interview is required to set up the employee/supervisor relationship.

• Love 1
(edited)

I am looking forward to the end of the Carly storyline when she kicks Nurse Ratched a**. It looked like LW wanted to jump out of her skin everytime Nurse Ratched called her Caroline. Too funny! That said, Ratched might get redeemed and become the greeting nurse on the Seventh floor, nurses station. Well, someone needs to fill Jessie Brewer's spot. LOL!! Remember the days when GH had the circle hub and everyone had to check in? The good ole days indeed.

Edited by ByaNose
1 hour ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

The place may not be able to afford an HR dept.

Seriously?  It's not a Mom and Pop convenience store.  It's a giant mental hospital for the criminally insane.  

They could have made it work, if the woman was the warden instead of a nurse.  Would have made just as much sense that the warden is warning off a new person, as well as hiring staff.  

• Love 2

I know I sound like a broken record, but, GAH! This FAKAKTA SHOW!!!! Is there NO ONE on the writing staff that was here when SheBeast was originally sent to Ferncliff after she shot Tony? We never saw here there during her stint, because that was a storyline to usher Sarah Brown off the show while she was on maternity leave. We did see her in a room when she was getting close to release--she was happy, smug, excited, as she told Jason she was thisclose to getting out, so she could inveigle her way in and destroy his relationship with Robin and Michael, were a family get back to her bebe. ??? ?????

I suppose if they bothered, and wanted this place to be something out of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, this was the best they could do; to explain how much it's not the reputable place it used to be 20 odd years ago. ???

35 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I am looking forward to the end of the Carly storyline when she kicks Nurse Ratched a**. It looked like LW wanted to jump out of her skin everytime Nurse Ratched called her Caroline. Too funny! That said, Ratched might get redeemed and become the greeting nurse on the Seventh floor, nurses station. Well, someone needs to fill Jessie Brewer's spot. LOL!! Remember the days when GH had the circle hub and everyone had to check in? The good ole days indeed.

Not me. Because we all know she, Mooby and Jason will win in the end, I want her to suffer for as long as she's in there. I want her hair to get all greasy and matted; for her to be tortured psychologically, for her to go crazy to the point where she's sitting in a corner, rocking back and forth repeatedly. Don't misunderstand me--I hate that nurses are being portrayed as the EVUHL, because, of course they are since it's dealing with the SheBeast. But since they are, I want her to be the focus of their evuhlness. I ask for so little.

And I just have to  ????  at Jason being undercover since this is Port Charles, and his face is KNOWN to practically everyone. If Show had kept Port Charles as this metropolitan area like we saw when wee Lucky showed up there in 1993, that would be understandable about no one knowing who Jason is; but over the years, it's shrunk down to the size of Dubois, Wyoming: Population: 900.????

Now, this is all based on reading everyone's posts, as I haven't had a chance to watch yet.

• Love 8
(edited)

The actress playing the megalomaniacal Ferncliff nurse is doing really well with it so far. I get what people are saying about how having her be a borderline-abusive martinet is an old trope, and most people who work in such places are caring and professional, but then, they're making choices for drama. It's all about one thing after another going against Carly, every worst-case scenario playing out, so we can be even more uplifted by her eventual triumph and vindication. (gag)  

If anyone wondered or cares, that was Purcell's "When I Am Laid In Earth" (from Dido and Aeneas) that Alexis's mother was supposed to be singing on the super-rare record. I don't know whose recording they actually used, but this is nice.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I know I sound like a broken record, but, GAH! This FAKAKTA SHOW!!!! Is there NO ONE on the writing staff that was here when SheBeast was originally sent to Ferncliff after she shot Tony? We never saw here there during her stint, because that was a storyline to usher Sarah Brown off the show while she was on maternity leave. We did see her in a room when she was getting close to release--she was happy, smug, excited, as she told Jason she was thisclose to getting out, so she could inveigle her way in and destroy his relationship with Robin and Michael, were a family get back to her bebe. ??? ?????

I suppose if they bothered, and wanted this place to be something out of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, this was the best they could do; to explain how much it's not the reputable place it used to be 20 odd years ago. ???

Not me. Because we all know she, Mooby and Jason will win in the end, I want her to suffer for as long as she's in there. I want her hair to get all greasy and matted; for her to be tortured psychologically, for her to go crazy to the point where she's sitting in a corner, rocking back and forth repeatedly. Don't misunderstand me--I hate that nurses are being portrayed as the EVUHL, because, of course they are since it's dealing with the SheBeast. But since they are, I want her to be the focus of their evuhlness. I ask for so little.

And I just have to  ????  at Jason being undercover since this is Port Charles, and his face is KNOWN to practically everyone. If Show had kept Port Charles as this metropolitan area like we saw when wee Lucky showed up there in 1993, that would be understandable about no one knowing who Jason is; but over the years, it's shrunk down to the size of Dubois, Wyoming: Population: 900.????

Now, this is all based on reading everyone's posts, as I haven't had a chance to watch yet.

Also, will they let Carly go all Laura Wright with curly hair? I mean she is in prision after all. I am surprised that Jason is already on the premises. I thought the show would have gone a week or two with Carly getting drugged up first before Jason showed up. Jason was drugged up for 5 years until someone came and resuced him. Oddly enough, it was Ava who saved him and I can't recall another scene between the two again. Maybe, SB couldn't handle acting with someone who actually can act. LOL!!!

• Love 10
(edited)
2 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I guarantee this storyline will end with Carly declaring over the unconscious body of Nurse Ratched, "MY..... NAME..... IS..... CARLY!"

18 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

Could someone give me an example of how Ava has used her sexuality and sex to manipulate and get ahead? 

I'm going with dating and boning "Captain Morgan" and getting him addicted to gambling, to get to Sonny.

17 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I don't even know how Valentin has all these things that have to do with Alexis's mom. Creeper.

I'm going out on a limb that Helena had that stash, and was twisted enough to keep it, even though she murdered her. Remember she bequeathed the knife that slit her throat.

11 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

We shouldn't have to watch GH's insulting version of The Snake Pit. And really, the orderly cracking his knuckles? 

I'm taking bets; how many seconds will it take for Jason to subdue the orderly in hand-to-hand combat? I will accept units of microns.

17 hours ago, CharethCutestory said:

They're going to totally botch this Kiki story aren't they?

This show is desperately trying to show #metoo in a slow and realistic manner, in a world where Franco caged Liz' rapist stalker (and later beat the crap out of him), Spinelli and Brick each have cyberskills that can take down any government or financial institution (and could be used to track down Bensch's previous victims, because there are), and Ace Reporter Lulu Falconeri brought down Cesar Faison (again, should have investigated previous hospitals). So, Show is not going to have Franco go all Franco on Bensch, Ava and Julian won't call in favors, Michael and Ned won't flex their political and financial clout, Sam and Curtis won't be investigating Bensch with super investigating skills, and, above all, Sonny won't back Bensch into a corner and bad-breath threat whispers to make him pee his pants.

Kiki has an inept support team, and I have the uneasy feeling that Show is trying to present that as realistic.

Edited by NutmegsDad
spelling and grammar
  • Love 2

Haven't we all wanted to do this to Carly at one time or another...

DfmngIbX4AEDE8k.jpg

More like hold her mouth shut, but potayto, potahto.

I had to laugh that Carly was chanting her mantra and it was, what, her first night/day there? She didn't even know she'd drawn Nurse Ratched and Bouncer Orderly yet. And if the show wanted Drama, don't immediately parachute Jason in to save the day. At let me have some guilty enjoyment watching Carly be (inappropriately and grossly unprofessionally) harassed. Gah.

All of this sniping and complaining aside (heh), LW is doing a good job, IMO, as usual.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

And if the show wanted Drama, don't immediately parachute Jason in to save the day. At let me have some guilty enjoyment watching Carly be (inappropriately and grossly unprofessionally) harassed. Gah.

Seriously. Give it at least a week. Let them go and visit her first and see that uh oh...we really gotta get in there. Its been months and months and we still haven't made any headway on the Drew/Jason stuff yet Carly gets Jason to go undercover for her in less than 24 hours. 

• Love 4
(edited)

In other news, I have a question about the Sarah Webber stuff from yesterday.  First, when Liz took her call, she said something about Sarah usually only calling her on the weekends, which makes it sound like she and her sister ARE in some kind of regular contact.  And at the end there, she was calling Liz to congratulate her.  So...why is Liz all hocked off at her again?  Didn't she lump her in with her parents when she first talked about this with Franco?

Second, are we to believe Sarah got this e-mail and did not Google Franco or try to find him on Portbook or whatever and see his SERIAL KILLER rap sheet?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

In other news, I have a question about the Sarah Webber stuff from yesterday.  First, when Liz took her call, she said something about Sarah usually only calling her on the weekends, which makes it sound like she and her sister ARE in some kind of regular contact.  And at the end there, she was calling Liz to congratulate her.  So...why is Liz all hocked off at her again?  Didn't she lump her in with her parents when she first talked about this with Franco?

Second, are we to believe Sarah got this e-mail and did not Google Franco or try to find him on Portbook or whatever and see his SERIAL KILLER rap sheet?

and, Sarah is probably the birth mother of Lucas and Brad's baby. Because there's no other reason to be dropping the Sarah Webber name so often. Hopefully, the 3rd time will be the charm. Hasn''t the role of Sarah been played by two different actresses and were both gone in months?

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Hopefully, the 3rd time will be the charm. Hasn''t the role of Sarah been played by two different actresses and were both gone in months?

The original Sarah showed up in '96; she was around for at least two years--she was there when Liz was raped, and that happened in '98. Then the recast showed up when what'shisface,Yeller McYellerson played Lucky; and that was around 2001? She didn't last very long.

• Love 1

I could have sworn there was a throwaway line, when EH went off on maternity leave one time via a visit with Sarah, that Sarah had kids.  Or maybe that's something I made up because of my longtime wish for Sarah to ship a unruly teen to Liz a la Liz being sent to Audrey.

I dunno what the end game is with this stuff.  I mean, I don't think I ever saw the first Sarah and I BARELY remember the second, but I still feel like I'm gonna root for her if Liz get on a high horse about Franco or is all, "Rebecca Budig is a million times better a sister than you!" or whatever.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

The original Sarah showed up in '96; she was around for at least two years--she was there when Liz was raped, and that happened in '98. Then the recast showed up when what'shisface,Yeller McYellerson played Lucky; and that was around 2001? She didn't last very long.

Original Sarah was around a little less than a year; she showed up in the summer of 1997 and left in May or June.

2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

The story really does feel low stakes given a) Michael is still on Carly's side and b) Jason is now there to protect her.  It's so zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Anything involving Jason and/or Carly will always be low stakes because they never lose. 

• Love 10

"When will she be out?"  "When we deem her to be a same, functioning member of society. "

Me:  Oh, good. Carly's in there permanently.

Sam is so lame as a PI. Valentin should call the police on them for breaking and entering and invasion of privacy by calling the charter company.

Alexis, if you want to get rid of it least sell the watch,  it must be worth serious money. But I do like the idea of exploring in the therapy Kristen rather than the men or Mikkos.

• Love 6

Again, all this stuff with Liz's family being centered around Franco - that Amazing, Awesome Franco will bring this family together and cure their years of estrangement and give Liz her fairy tale - is just so barfy and gross.  AND it's making me reflexively defense of Sarah, a character, like I just said, I barely remember and never particularly cared about.

I'm really enjoying these Alexis/Kevin scenes.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:

I'm going with dating and boning "Captain Morgan" and getting him addicted to gambling, to get to Sonny.

That was Kiki.  Ava didn't bang Morgan until well after Morgan returned to PC.

• Love 4

Dr. Bensch smirking at his picture of Kiki and Griffin hugging was such a cartoon villain move, and it was really an unnecessary addition to the story. Realistically, he wouldn't need that picture to attempt to discredit Kiki; the fact that he's a man with decades of experience and credentials would do the job for him.

Ugh, so Franco's going to sneak around and magically mend Liz's family, and we're back to Liz aggrandizing their relationship by calling their wedding day the second most important event of her life after the birth of her kids. Hard pass to all of it.

Alexis and the strong V.C. Andrews vibe surrounding her story is very intriguing, and she and Kevin work great together.

• Love 8
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Linny said:

Ugh, so Franco's going to sneak around and magically mend Liz's family, and we're back to Liz aggrandizing their relationship by calling their wedding day the second most important event of her life after the birth of her kids. Hard pass to all of it.

And the order's probably more like

1) Birth of Jake, Spawn of Jason

2) Wedding to Franco

3) Birth of Aidan, THE CHILD FRANCO KIDNAPPED

4) Birth of Cam

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
34 minutes ago, OnceSane said:
5 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:

That was Kiki.  Ava didn't bang Morgan until well after Morgan returned to PC.

I think it was both of them. Ava was using (a willing, I think) Kiki as a honeypot. She encouraged her to date "Captain Morgan" to get him addicted to gambling  - but I don't remember whether Kiki knew it was to get to Sonny.

It's one of the reasons I don't have a problem with Kiki/Ava having a terrible relationship, they should!  I actually find it jarring when they're written as close to each other. There's a lot of ugliness and complexity in their relationship that is rarely reflected in the writing.

• Love 1

With Nashville being cancelled, does anyone know if Jonathan Jackson might have a desire to return to the show?  No doubt the writers would be able to screw it up, but the return of Lucky could provide Lulu the opportunity to have a storyline outside of Girl Reporter and it would be nice to see someone besides Franco be a father to Liz's boys. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

With Nashville being cancelled, does anyone know if Jonathan Jackson might have a desire to return to the show?  No doubt the writers would be able to screw it up, but the return of Lucky could provide Lulu the opportunity to have a storyline outside of Girl Reporter and it would be nice to see someone besides Franco be a father to Liz's boys. 

I doubt it, he moved his family to Nashville and his band ENation seems to be doing well. I think that he will concentrate on his music.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And the order's probably more like

1) Birth of Jake, Spawn of Jason

2) Wedding to Franco

3) Birth of Aidan, THE CHILD FRANCO KIDNAPPED

4) Birth of Cam

To be fair, Cornelius and Agustin aren't miracles

35 minutes ago, Linny said:

Alexis and the strong V.C. Andrews vibe surrounding her story is very intriguing, and she and Kevin work great together.

This is promising, for sure.  The writers will probably bungle it, but I'm gonna try and remain hopeful.  Plus, I do love Kevin and will take whatever I can get of him being onscreen.

• Love 7

I think if JJ agreed to come back, at this point, when he stepped into the studio, he would probably look around, slowly back out, and then send Frank a "nevermind" text.

• Love 15