Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Just now, Mnemosyne said:

Sam/Drew's vows were very sweet, and Danny was adorable.

Wait, the wedding actually happened? I'm back at work so I'm back to my regular viewing schedule of not at all. Hmm, didn't see that coming. I thought for sure something would have stopped the wedding as they continue to move towards the inevitable Sam/Jason reunion. 

I was glad to see Monica invited to the wedding.  That's one of the many, many differences between Drew and Jason. Also, I like BM's way of bending his knees and looking at Sam almost on a level when he's saying something significant to her.  Spinelli can tell me as many times as he wants that Jason respects Sam but it's Drew who shows it in his actions.

Also didn't Jax respect Sam?  Maybe not at first but by the end?

That's some good acting by GF, looking as if Laura was okay leaving Port Charles.

I am so sick of everyone telling Jason that he and Sam should be together.  Did Spinelli think that Jason should interrupt Sam's wedding to Drew?  Also, I loved Monica telling Carly about the wedding and Carly realizing that 1. Sam had married Drew and 2. she wasn't invited. I wouldn't invite her either.

Carly and Michael are so much Corinthii now, not Spencers. I liked Monica keeping in touch with Nelle because it's her grandchild while Bobby and Carly reject her completely.

15 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I was glad to see Monica invited to the wedding.  That's one of the many, many differences between Drew and Jason. Also, I like BM's way of bending his knees and looking at Sam almost on a level when he's saying something significant to her.  Spinelli can tell me as many times as he wants that Jason respects Sam but it's Drew who shows it in his actions.

Also didn't Jax respect Sam?  Maybe not at first but by the end?

That's some good acting by GF, looking as if Laura was okay leaving Port Charles.

I am so sick of everyone telling Jason that he and Sam should be together.  Did Spinelli think that Jason should interrupt Sam's wedding to Drew?  Also, I loved Monica telling Carly about the wedding and Carly realizing that 1. Sam had married Drew and 2. she wasn't invited. I wouldn't invite her either.

Carly and Michael are so much Corinthii now, not Spencers. I liked Monica keeping in touch with Nelle because it's her grandchild while Bobby and Carly reject her completely.

If Sam had invited her Carly would've just told her that while they're "friends" (sure) she wouldn't attend because Sam was obviously in denial and she wouldn't participate because Jason would be "devastated."*

*evidenced by long stare off into the mid-distance, aka his usual look.

• Love 2

As annoying as Spinelli was today, I feel like he and everyone else surrounding Jason have to create the hysteria of "Sam's making a mistake! DO SOMETHING!!" to convince us there's an actual triangle happening when all other evidence points to the contrary. Sam's had a few moments where she's been drawn to Jason but none where she truly seemed uncertain in her choices or that her choices were made for the wrong reasons. And since Jason is a saint who won't fight for a woman who has already moved on to another man, it's up to characters like Spinelli to make a lot of noise masquerading as drama that Jason is anything other than an outlier in this situation (in the short-term, at least).

The wedding was lovely, I'm so glad Monica was included (and Carly was clueless), and Sam smearing the cake on Drew's face was adorable. And I'm sorry, but LOL that Jason was alone on the bridge thinking about the past while Sam and Drew were having fun in bed. It'd be nice if Jason could be allowed to move on and think about the possibilities for his future instead of clinging to moments that have passed.

• Love 1

I am so flippin' tired of the Jason thinks of things then gets wet eyes nonsense that I've been forced to sit through for months.  It's almost as bad as his box o pain that he used to pull out of the hall closet.  I dont' feel sorry for the mob hitman who puts his boss above every other person.

Also, Spinelli, shut the eff up.  You don't know what Sam thinks or feels so shut it.  

I don't even care about SaDrew (though I'm really starting to love BM now that he's no longer saddled with the Jason role) but I will admit I was holding my breath until the justice of the peace pronounced them husband and wife.  Phew, they're legal.  Suck on that Sonny, Carly, Jason, Spinelli, Diane......

Anna's acting way too squirely about this Heinrich character, which likely means that she's the baby mama, when she was undercover with the DVX or some such nonsense.  I really, really REALLY don't want Anna to have had Faison's child, and I really don't want that child to turn out to be Peter August.  

I'm shocked Molly didn't reveal herself as legally able to perform a wedding.

The bottom of Sam's dress was nice, the top was not. I mean it was okay but didn't seem like something she'd wear at all. They should have gone with something out of the box like Lulu did at her second wedding (she wore a red dress). (Although Lulu probably wore a red dress because wardrobe was to lazy/cheap to bother looking for a traditional dress.)

Edited by ulkis

I'm tired of hearing the same dialogue over and over. Sam wants to be with Drew and Jason wants her to be happy. Why is it so hard to understand? Spinelli needs a tall glass of STFU. Jason has been gone for 5 years. 

I was very happy to see Monica arrive at the wedding. I felt a bit emotional when I saw her at the door. At least she's got one son who wants her in his life. 

• Love 1

And since Jason is a saint who won't fight for a woman who has already moved on to another man, it's up to characters like Spinelli to make a lot of noise masquerading as drama that Jason is anything other than an outlier in this situation (in the short-term, at least).

I am not a Jason fan and frankly wished he hadn't returned.  That being said we have talked a lot on this board about how passive Jason is and how he just sits back and makes the women do all the work but in this case, I appreciate that he let Sam make her decision and he has accepted it.    Spinelli was going on about how Sam said Jason was the first one to respect her.  Well good, he is continuing to respect her by assuming she knows what she is talking about when she says she wants to marry Drew and not Jason.

8 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Does anyone know what Julie Marie Berman is up to these days? Granted, it's probably the writing much more than the actress but I can't help but feel that the girl I most associate with Lulu would do a better job with the character and make her less annoying.

8 hours ago, honeydo7 said:

No, it's the actress.  I've been bemoaning JMB's exit since the day she left and ER became the replacement.  JMB was spunky, just like you'd expect a daughter of Luke and Laura Spencer to be.  Plus she looked like Laura.  This other one.......meh.  And her vocal fry drives me up a wall.  I feel no connection at all  between her and Laura or Luke.  But maybe that's just me.  ------   Today wasn't GF's last  episode, was it?  Maybe I  misread something farther up about that.   --------   And I know that Faison is the evilest evil-doer who ever evilled, but I love him!  Or rather, love to hate him.  Anders Hove has absolutely owned that character for decades.  I squealed when I saw him in the previews. 

1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

Can someone recap GF's last scene(s

I don't think today was her last day.  But her scenes were: 

with Lulu, reassuring her that she's doing a good job with the reporting thing (I'm paraphrasing). 

With Ned where he apologizes for being a hard ass and she tells him that she's backing out of the race and why.  She says he'll have her endorsement if he can promise to go easy on Charles ST and he says he can't promise that. 

With Alexis where she tells her to run for mayor in Laura's place.  

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Sam wants to be with Drew and Jason wants her to be happy. Why is it so hard to understand?

Because it's sacriligous to beleive that a woman in this town would want to be with someone other than St Jasus or the moobster.  Them wimmins must be stoopid in the head to want a stable life with a stable guy.  Wimmins.  Amirite. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Because it's sacriligous to beleive that a woman in this town would want to be with someone other than St Jasus or the moobster

Or maybe because she thought she was fucking Jason Morgan for two years? Could possibly be that. She was also in love with Jason and wanted a family with him longer than she's even known Drew. Could be that, too.

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

. I mean it was okay but didn't seem like something she'd wear at all.

The dress was hideous but it made sense that she'd wear a dress like that because she's pretty much an unrecognizable character.

I think it's a combination of both. Yes, Carly can't imagine how anyone would decline Jason if they could have him, but it's also because Sam loved him and she thought Drew was Jason as well.

2 hours ago, Perkie said:

I don't even care about SaDrew (though I'm really starting to love BM now that he's no longer saddled with the Jason role) but I will admit I was holding my breath until the justice of the peace pronounced them husband and wife.  Phew, they're legal.  Suck on that Sonny, Carly, Jason, Spinelli, Diane......

I'm pretty sure this means he's going to get his memories back pretty soon

It would be nice if we could see Laura say goodbye to her family and maybe some friends before she leaves for "France".

43 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I think it's a combination of both. Yes, Carly can't imagine how anyone would decline Jason if they could have him, but it's also because Sam loved him and she thought Drew was Jason as well.

I'm confused about the timing.    When was Sam going to divorce Jason?  Why did Sam get together with BMJason?  Did she fall in love with Drew because she thought he was Jason or because of who he is? 

When Spinelli was telling Jason that he and Sam loved each other, I wanted to say "Yeah, you and Maxie loved each other and you've moved on."

57 minutes ago, ulkis said:

because Sam loved him and she thought Drew was Jason as well.

But here's the sticking point for me.  Yes Sam thought Drew was Jason (and for all intents and purposes, he was until SBu decided to come back).  And yet, during that time, he wasn't behaving in a Jason fashion.  He did everything humanly possible to distance himself from Sonny and the business, though he kept getting dragged back in.  He talked to Sam about moving to a smaller, quieter, less violent town and they made plans but she changed her mind because she couldn't leave the coven behind.  And from the time they were married, Sam was his number one.  Not Sonny.  Not Carly.  Not Michael.  Sam.  

So while she might have gone into the relationship because she thought he was THE Jason, the relationship changed and she fell in love with the NEW Jason, which in essence, is Drew.  While I think she will always love Jason, she's no longer IN love with Jason.  She's IN love with Drew.  

56 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

think that's it, what's left to wrap up?

If that's the case, then it's a really dumb way to end things.

Laura:  "Hey Alexis, I think you should run for mayor"

Gone to France.  

wuh?  

1 minute ago, Perkie said:

He did everything humanly possible to distance himself from Sonny and the business, though he kept getting dragged back in.  He talked to Sam about moving to a smaller, quieter, less violent town and they made plans but she changed her mind because she couldn't leave the coven behind.  And from the time they were married, Sam was his number one.  Not Sonny.  Not Carly.  Not Michael.  Sam.  

If this is the reason Sam is in love with Drew over Jason it was never, ever properly written or displayed and goes against nearly a DECADE of who Sam was as character.

25 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

I'm pretty sure this means he's going to get his memories back pretty soon

I'm not sure why people are worried about that though.  Unless one of the memories is that he has a wife and child(ren) our there who have been looking for him for 5 years and he decides he loves them more than his curent wife and children.  Eh, I can't have nice things, so I'm sure that's what will happen.  Then Sam will run back to Jason because she loved him all along and nothing good that's happened in the last 5 years will be worth anything.  

1 hour ago, Perkie said:

Because it's sacriligous to beleive that a woman in this town would want to be with someone other than St Jasus or the moobster.  Them wimmins must be stoopid in the head to want a stable life with a stable guy.  Wimmins.  Amirite.

Should all be locked in padded cells.

I don't know what Spinelli was on about how Drew doesn't respect Sam. Really, writers? That's the best you can come up with? I feel insulted on Drew's behalf. All these people braying about Drew have removed themselves from him completely. We went from he's good to everyone to he doesn't respect Sam.

Now I just worry what kind of BS they're going to come up with to put Sam back with Jason.

9 minutes ago, Perkie said:

But here's the sticking point for me.  Yes Sam thought Drew was Jason (and for all intents and purposes, he was until SBu decided to come back).  And yet, during that time, he wasn't behaving in a Jason fashion.  He did everything humanly possible to distance himself from Sonny and the business, though he kept getting dragged back in.

I disagree. i think they were very wishy washy about it, and Jason ended up in a kind of limbo because the writers didn't want to move him too far in either direction, until SB was announced back.

And yes, Sam loved the man he became but she still thought he was Jason. It's all intermingled and I understand why Carly, Spin wouldn't think that Sam can totally separate the two.

Edited by ulkis
7 minutes ago, Perkie said:

So while she might have gone into the relationship because she thought he was THE Jason, the relationship changed and she fell in love with the NEW Jason, which in essence, is Drew.  While I think she will always love Jason, she's no longer IN love with Jason.  She's IN love with Drew.  

and I am still going with Drew is better in the sack and she just doesn't want to say it our loud !

9 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

f this is the reason Sam is in love with Drew over Jason it was never, ever properly written or displayed

I don't know, I see it.  But, full disclosure, I despise SBu's Jason with the heat of a thousand suns, and despite my meh-ness of Sam, I don't want her to end up back with the douchebag who puts another man first.  

5 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Jason ended up in a kind of limbo because the writers didn't want to move him too far in either direction, until SB was announced back.

I actually think they were wishy-washy, not because of a possible SBu return, but because BM could not play Jason Morgan and did not have the chemistry with the other actors, namely MB and CD, to do it.

7 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Sam loved the man he became

I don't even get this? Who did he become? The person who put her before Carson? The person who wanted out of the mob? Those were her sudden desires starting from....the last year? K.

11 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

don't know what Spinelli was on about how Drew doesn't respect Sam.

And it was all based on a look on Drew's face when being told that he's not who he thought he was for the past 2 years.  Because that's when you can judge a person, when he's having his entire life rug pulled out from under him.  Shut up Spinelli.  

8 minutes ago, Blackie said:

and I am still going with Drew is better in the sack and she just doesn't want to say it our loud

No doubt!!  You know Jason calls out Sonny's name when he's in bed with a woman.  

3 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

The person who put her before Carson?

YES.  In this town, that's a HUGE accomplishment.

Those were her sudden desires starting from....the last year? K.

For sure since she had Scout.  Why do her feelings not count, if she's only had them a short amount of time?  She spent years hitting her head against the wall with Jason, why is she not allowed now to reflect back and think, hey maybe I don't want to bang my head against the wall anymore.  I don't understand that argument.  

3 minutes ago, Perkie said:

But, full disclosure, I despise SBu's Jason with the heat of a thousand suns, and despite my meh-ness of Sam, I don't want her to end up back with the douchebag who puts another man first.  

Full disclosure: I can't stand Jason and JaSam, lol. I never believed they ever should have lasted past two years. I think BM and KeMo have more comfortable and touchy-feely chemistry than she ever did with SBu.

BUT...

this story has not been well-written. Sam has not been well-written. JaSam have not been well-written. All we've constantly seen since the reveal is Sam saying she loves Drew. I'll ignore everything else and just say that it's completely unreal that this chick isn't completely crazy that she has been fucking someone else--Jason's TWIN-- while believing he was Jason. It's gross and weird.

12 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I actually think they were wishy-washy, not because of a possible SBu return, but because BM could not play Jason Morgan and did not have the chemistry with the other actors, namely MB and CD, to do it.

I don't even get this? Who did he become? The person who put her before Carson? The person who wanted out of the mob? Those were her sudden desires starting from....the last year? K.

Yeah, that dude. :p I actually was reminded that Sam was told McBain that a part of her hoped Sonny had shot Starr's tires out and that he would go to prison, but I still couldn't help but see that as a total character swerve so they could pair her with McBain. Also it made me frustrated with Sam anyway, because she was holding Sonny responsible for everything and Jason for nothing, as usual.

14 minutes ago, Perkie said:

I don't know, I see it.  But, full disclosure, I despise SBu's Jason with the heat of a thousand suns, and despite my meh-ness of Sam, I don't want her to end up back with the douchebag who puts another man first.  

I think I would feel more like that if BM hadn't totally turned me off in his first two years. I know it sucked, but he just got there. Put in a little effort. 

Edited by ulkis

this story has not been well-written. Sam has not been well-written. JaSam have not been well-written. All we've constantly seen since the reveal is Sam saying she loves Drew. I'll ignore everything else and just say that it's completely unreal that this chick isn't completely crazy that she has been fucking someone else--Jason's TWIN-- while believing he was Jason. It's gross and weird.

I thought FV should have splurged for a courthouse set. Them getting re married in the penthouse was odd considering the circumstances. They could have used that room in the back of the Metro Court.

If she doesn't want people thinking she's just using Drew as a replacement, maybe she shouldn't marry him in the penthouse she shared with Jason and then spent her wedding night in the bed she shared with Jason. I know there were many, many nights spent with Patrick and his guitar in between, but still.

2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

If she doesn't want people thinking she's just using Drew as a replacement, maybe she shouldn't marry him in the penthouse she shared with Jason and then spent her wedding night in the bed she shared with Jason. I know there were many, many nights spent with Patrick and his guitar in between, but still.

This. Speaking of Patrick, you know if he never left, those assholes would have gotten married in my Scrubs home. Fuck me.

10 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I think I would feel more like that if BM hadn't totally turned me off in his first two years. I know it sucked, but he just got there. Put in a little effort. 

And it's also like, why are we always talking about what Sam deserves!? No female on any soap, or any show, is ever going to be in some perfect relationship. Say Drew and Sam DO stay together? What happens next? Is Drew not allowed to be written in any way but kissing Sam's feet? Or vice versa? What is their story? Just sticking together? Just write them off. 

28 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Well, I've been saying since it became obvious that BM could not play Jason Morgan that that's the tack the writers should have taken with Sam/Drew, but for the past 4/5 years everyone in PC kept insisting that there weren't any differences or changes - literally until the day SBu signed on to play Jason again. 

36 minutes ago, ulkis said:

And yes, Sam loved the man he became but she still thought he was Jason. It's all intermingled and I understand why Carly, Spin wouldn't think that Sam can totally separate the two.

Sam had  rough childhood and early adulthood and she fell in love with Jason, a man who treated her the best anyone has.  She didn't mind that he put Carly/Sonny/Michael ahead of her or that he was a mob hitman.  She was good being his ride or die girl.

But things were not completely rosy.  He rejected her baby when he thought that Franco was the father; he left her on the night they got Danny back because Sonny called. She wanted to divorce him.

Then  he came back but with a different face.  He was different too; he pulled back from the mob and wanted to put her and their two children ahead of being a criminal. He was nice to Monica. He got out of the mob for the sake of his family.

Then SBu came back and Sam was given the choice between OriginalRecipeJason and new! FamilyManJason.  She chose the latter, the guy who loves family so much that he invites Monica to his wedding as well as Sam's family.

Carly doesn't understand because she's always been obsessed with Jason Morgan and Spinelli doesn't understand because he wants to be Jason Morgan. Sonny think Sam prefers Jason because who wouldn't pick the mob guy who puts his mob family ahead of his wife and kids. But really, it's not that hard to understand.

6 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Well, I've been saying since it became obvious that BM could not play Jason Morgan that that's the tack the writers should have taken with Sam/Drew, but for the past 4/5 years everyone in PC kept insisting that there weren't any differences or changes - literally until the day SBu signed on to play Jason again. 

They had two chances, IMO, to begin Sam's transition to "safe mama bear homemaker." They could have had her angry at Sonny/Jason for Jason"dying" the way he did or she could have been upset when Jake Doe was revealed to be Jason and took it out on him, too. They never played any of these beats.

33 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

BUT...

I don't think there was any way to play it through without dumping on Jason and they didn't want to do that. He's St. Jasus.

DrewJason didn't force her to sleep with him.  He was even more horrified than Sam to find out he wasn't the real Jason. That takes away the gross factor for me.

8 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Did I miss it or did they explain why Oscar wasn't at Drew's wedding?

Maybe Drew and Sam didn't feel like he was immediate family yet.  It was really only their nearest relatives plus Curtis as best man.  Not even Scout was there.

3 hours ago, LillyB said:

Does BA sound like that in real life?

Yes he does. Or st least he sounds like that in every single role I’ve seen him in. And he plays exactly the same type of character too.

1 minute ago, LillyB said:

How about a 6 month vacay on his island. I for one wouldn't miss him at all.

Just to show how much I would NOT miss him,  I was very disappointed when I learned MB had signed a new contract. 

8 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

JMB could be just as annoying, but I think she'd be much more convincing as a journalist and her Lulus relationship with DZ's Dom was just.... better. Not just the writing but the rapport, they felt more grounded and real than most soap relationships. I miss that. 

Plus, I feel sorry for DZ stranded with ER/Lulu babyrabies and RP/Plywood

D*mn, but I want DZ to get to interact with some  different characters.   And, yes, he and Julie were better together - more substance. 

As for JMB, she's been gone from GH for almost five years; however, I still can't shake the feeling that she has the screen presence and acting style to make Lulu a more significant player on the GH canvas than she is now.   We can speak about writing; but there will always be the question re whether the writing would have been different with her in role.   Who knows?? - especially with GH core family members getting lesser material to accommodate all the pets and gets (unless, of course, one's core family is called Corinthos).  

20 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

There's also Lucas (who?).  And Valerie (who?).

It's hard to count Carly, Michael, or Joss as Spencers even if they technically are.

I know that the 2015 story made Valerie a persona non grata to many; but she did start off well and I still say that she could and should have been developed better as new member of a core family and a needed member of the younger generation of these families.    Just as Lucas should have been featured more.  The DC podcast last night was a bit of a wild ride in places; however, some good points were made - including the need to better develop successive generations of soap families.