Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Perkie said:

Well, they have to start the, "Lulu turns to Peter for comfort when Dante throws his weight around about her reporting job, only for Lulu to find out that he's Faison's son and be horrified" story.  Cuz you know it's coming.  

Don't forget the part where she realizes he was manipulating her  all the while to flush Faison out.

Diane,  you are the worst. And your outfit is fully. I can kind of buy that Carly believes that Sam really loves Jason over Drew but when did Diane become the keeper of her clients' hearts? And saying that Drew is ungrateful... IIRC, the last time she saw Drew was when he called her to do some work for Aurora and she threw in his face that she is not going to work for him because he's not the real Jason and her client is the real Jason Morgan. She doesn't have any idea how Drew feels.

At Christmas dinner last month, my 14 year old niece was complaining about all the condoms they were handing out in her school,  but she kept them because the sayings in the packages were funny. Of course Joss and Oscar are too young but by preparing ahead, she shows more intelligence and maturity than Carly's or Sonny's other children. It must be the Jax genes.

Alexis picking at her donut, and dropping bits of it on the floor apparently since it kept getting smaller, while Finn wolfed it down was too funny. But Alexis was wrong. She's not addictive to a person who is bad for her,  she's addicted to bad boy mobsters who are bad for her.

• Love 7

The thing that drives me crazy about the Carlys and the Dianes declaring what Sam's feelings are, the worst part, is the show clearly wants us to think that there is just no way no how Sam would no longer love Jason, that anyone could possibly stop loving the moobster loving hit man.  UGH.  Just in today's scene with Diane, Sonny's sitting behind the desk and there's Jason, standing at attention beside his chair, like the lapdog that he is.  Why would Sam still love being second (third, fourth) best to this man, who hasn't changed or grown up in 20 years.  

2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

while Finn wolfed it down was too funny

I thought it was hilarious that ME would take a bite, grimace like he was grossed out (especially if the camera was focused on NLG), then take another bite.  I kept thinking, dude if it's that gross, you don't have to keep eating it.  I also thought ME is so skinny, he could use a donut or two.  

4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Don't forget the part where she realizes he was manipulating her  all the while to flush Faison out

Well sure, that will happen about 7 minutes after they've had sex.  

• Love 6

I couldn't roll my eyes enough at Lulu saying "tens of millions of people" were reading her article.  What an overblown sense of self.  I can't wait for her to find out she's been manipple-ated by Faison Jr.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 7

Really? The boxing gym that Sonny and half of Port Charles goes to cannot afford a new punching bag that does not need 3 feet of old duct tape to keep it together. ... for fucks sake.  

Must say I liked the Alexis/Finn chemistry --it was more "adult" versus the teenage angst of Anna/Finn and Alexis/Julian. Can't stand Anna's constant teary "I wuv you" eyes at Finn, yet whenever he responds in the slightest, she goes into full on aloof snark mode. Same with Alexis and her sheepish shrinking whenever she encounters Julian.

• Love 4

When Ryan Paevy first started on the show, I didn't think his acting was that horrible. But now that he's more prominent in this Faison story, I see that he's pretty bad. No fire, no sense of urgency that he needs to protect his family from this evil man. No sign of inner turmoil that he's the son of this villain. During the scene with Dr. O at the pub, when she confirmed who his father was, she said I hope you can put your anger aside and let me be part of my grandchild's life, I never saw any anger from him. Not even simmering below the surface.

The kid who plays Oscar is also pretty bad. I can't hear or understand most of what he says. And I don't believe for a minute that he and Joss want to have sex. Have we even seen them making out ? He has no charisma and there is no spark between the two of them at all.

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, Benji said:

The kid who plays Oscar is also pretty bad. I can't hear or understand most of what he says. And I don't believe for a minute that he and Joss want to have sex. Have we even seen them making out ? He has no charisma and there is no spark between the two of them at all.

While Carly and Kim were carrying on about Joss and Oscar potentially having sex so young, it should have occurred to Carly that the bigger issue is that Josslyn is in a relationship with her half-brother's cousin.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

While Carly and Kim were carrying on about Joss and Oscar potentially having sex so young, it should have occurred to Carly that the bigger issue is that Josslyn is in a relationship with her half-brother's cousin.

There's zero blood relationship and they weren't brought up thinking they were any sort of family, so I don't see the problem.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I couldn't roll my eyes enough at Lulu saying "tens of millions of people" were reading her article.  What an overblown sense of self.  I can't wait for her to find out she's been manipple-ated by Faison Jr.

This is GH. In GH land, probably that many people were reading it, just like however many people made Crimson a super mega hit with Nina running it.

Must say I liked the Alexis/Finn chemistry --it was more "adult" versus the teenage angst of Anna/Finn and Alexis/Julian.

It was, but I bet you it would revert to the latter if it turned romantic.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1
46 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Nobody has yet to point out to Liz that she is dating/engaged to her brother's half brother. Perhaps all we need to happen is for Steven Lars to come home. If only to break up his sister and brother. At least couldn't we get a snarky teen Cam asking if he should call Franco, "uncle Franco". 

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, ulkis said:

This is GH. In GH land, probably that many people were reading it, just like however many people made Crimson a super mega hit with Nina running it.

Maybe the audience for Crimson changed while Connie was running it, because I can't imagine that the Kate Howard Crimson audience would be interested in anything that Nina produces

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, stlbf said:

At least couldn't we get a snarky teen Cam asking if he should call Franco, "uncle Franco". 

I cannot tell you how badly I want this to happen. Along with a snarky teen Cam asking his mother why she is marrying his brother's therapist - and his other brother's kidnapper.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, TVbitch said:

Really? The boxing gym that Sonny and half of Port Charles goes to cannot afford a new punching bag that does not need 3 feet of old duct tape to keep it together. ... for fucks sake.  

That's to show how popular the gym is, and it's being used by real boxers, not poseurs.

"Lulu is a born reporter!" No, Peter, she's not.

1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I couldn't roll my eyes enough at Lulu saying "tens of millions of people" were reading her article.

I couldn't stop laughing at that. Right, international law enforcement groups have been searching high and low for Faison, but it takes some dumb article by Lulu Falconeri, girl reporter who blew the lid off local kindergarten lunches, to flush him out. That's where I can't roll my eyes enough.

There's no way Joss and Oscar will have sex. The show is being way too obvious and coy at the same time.

The Finn/Alexis talk lived up to my expectations, basically. It was nice to see them together—it made sense—and I liked them using each other as a sounding board.

I don't mind Diane, but I'm tired of everyone deciding they know best for Sam/Drew/Jason.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't mind Diane, but I'm tired of everyone deciding they know best for Sam/Drew/Jason.

I don't get Diane caring so much.

Anyone remember the time Spinelli wanted to look like a tough guy to Maxie, they went on a stake out in a sewer and then Maxie caught pneumonia and almost died? Someone should remind him.

Hee at Jason looking so confused when Sonny asked him how would he know if he never asked, re: Sam.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

but I'm tired of everyone deciding they know best for Sam/Drew/Jason.

They need characters to speak on behalf of JaSam while Sam chose Drew. This is how GH does "triangle." As you may know, they can't do it, especially because they need all parties to stay innocent. 

• Love 2

What the hell is with Diane suddenly needing to have a say in regarding Jason's personal family matters? Why the hell are such supposedly highly esteemed attorneys arguing with their own clients during litigation, at the table, in front of the opposition? Jason was fine with what Sam(and Drew) could offer. He got his name back. He can see Danny. He can stay at Sonny's, the Metrocourt,  Carly's old house, buy a new place or even move in with Monica.(if he wanted too)

It doesn't affect Diane in anyway shape or form what Jason gives/forgives/loans his ex wife or his brother. What the fuck was that ungrateful snipe? Was Drew secretly pissing in her cocktails and she found out about it? Drew was also kidnapped against his wishes, bitch. And he got the fun of having his brain wiped and reprogrammed with his hereto unknown twin brother, the hitman. She can ease up on the bitchitude by about 1000 points.

Speaking of Drew, have the morons in charge figured out any sane explanation of how Faison/Helena/whoever found out Jason had an unknown identical twin brother? Who just so happened to be a Navy Seal? 

I just can't with Lulu/ER. I'm sorry, but no to this whole silly idea of Lulu suddenly being a reporter. 

But Maxie has some gall, pontificating about self serving writing. When mere weeks ago she did the same damn thing.

And Carly. CARLY of all people is going to be a prude about a dress on her daughter? BS. I would believe that Sonny would have issues with certain clothes. But Carly? Not that dress. It was sweet. Maybe a tad short for my taste for a young teen. But I've seen much worse. At the very least, I would've bought Carly having a standing set of rules for dresses/outfits. Knee length dresses. No cleavage showing. Maybe an open back limit. But Joss' dress was cute and fairly simple. I can easily buy Joss and Carly having opposite tastes in clothing. If anything,  Joss should be a bit on the conservative side. Considering her mom is Carly and she has brothers she was close to growing up.

• Love 12
12 hours ago, ulkis said:

It was, but I bet you it would revert to the latter if it turned romantic.

Not gonna lie. I read that as “ruining it” the first time through. 

I came back because it dawned on me last night why I had such a visceral reaction to seeing Spinelli, Sonny, and Stone-faced Jason all on screen together (and to the exclusion of any women, mind you).   These were the three men that Bob Guza seemed to live vicariously through.  Sonny was top dog and kingpen.  No matter what he did, the women couldn’t help but love him. They’d put aside their morals and dignity just for a chance to have his attention a little big longer.  Jason was Mr. Too Cool For School, with his leather jacket. And even though he could’t express emotion, women loved him all the same. In fact, they lived to get any crumb of affection from him whatsoever. And Spinelli. The nerdy wordsmith.  Spinelli was the epitome of what was wrong with the “Nice Guy” type of man.  Aside from comic relief and some plot development assistance, Spinelli existed to teach all us women that we weren’t supposed to reject a man because we weren’t physically attracted to him.  We are supposed to see that as shallow and a character defect on our end (never mind that none of those 3 men ever expressed interest in a woman who wasn’t downright beautiful — Emily included).  IInstead, we should accept a man who has set his designs on us, so long as he is well-meaning and genuinely has feelings for us.  There’s no other criteria we should have.  Even if he is socially awkward and, at times, morally repugnant. And who would always allow Sonny and Jason to trump you if ever they needed him.  You know bros before ....

Anyway, it was really sad to see GH revisit those three. I don’t need to see life from their perspective ever again in my life time. 

Hope all’s we’ll with you all.  May I highly recommend The Crown?  Dramatic with a little element of soapiness to it. 

P.S. I do want to add that I think Spinelli’s and Emily’s relationship was written as a mutual attraction of two people with common interests.  It was the Spinelli/Maxie relationship that I was thinking of above. 

Edited by Francie
  • Love 4

Sonny was top dog and kingpen.  No matter what he did, the women couldn’t help but love him. They’d put aside their morals and dignity just for a chance to have his attention a little big longer. 

Unless I FF'd through the scene,  has there been any mention of AJ's murder to Jason?

• Love 4

AJ...name's not ringing a bell. Oh, wait. Was he a great big fat person? 

(Nah. Hasn't been brought up since SB's return.)

Those Alexis/Finn scenes were well written, well acted, and organically developed. I wondered what I was watching. But I agree with ulkis that if they went romantic with it, it would get boring. I would like the thread to be kept alive, anyway, because it makes sense. And frankly, come to think of it, Alexis has always worked better for me as people's friend, more than in her romantic pairings. Long ago, I thought I wanted Sexis, but it ended up just killing the friendship chemistry NLG and Mo had, and of course the writing was stacking the deck so heavily against her, leading to those awful scenes of the Tamara Braun Carly's smug ass smirking and puffing out her chest because she was The More Desirable One. (Which...oh great, Kim and Julian are meeting cute now. Reprise?)

Finola Hughes, in those scenes with KW/Felicia about Anna needing to step away from Finn for his own good, had the histrionics turned up to "9" when the scenes called for "6." 

• Love 5

when did Diane become the keeper of her clients' hearts?

I know! one of the things I've always liked about Diane is that she prefers Jason to Sonny-- because Sonny is so emotional/temperamental and there's too much drama. She like's Jason being emotionless-- so her pushing this Jason/Sam thing is OOC and unwelcome IMO.

There was one bright spot with Nathan RP on Friday-- when he mentioned his and Maxie's anniversary and she admitted she forgot-- his glee at saying "I KNEW you'd forget, but I didn't" actually seemed like something a human non-tree person would say. So-- good 3 seconds there RP!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Did someone shade Lulu for her horrible journalism skills?

Alas, she was praised for being a "natural." Though Maxie did have some baby distress that sent her to GH, and of course it was the stress of finding out that everyone in the world ("tens of millions of people"!) now knows Nathan is Faison's son. Lulu blames herself for not getting the story pulled, and Spin (!!) blames her as well. Maxie at least is also mad at Nathan for talking to Lulu in the first place.

I don't know how much stupider this story can get, but I'm sure it will happen.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Alas, she was praised for being a "natural." Though Maxie did have some baby distress that sent her to GH, and of course it was the stress of finding out that everyone in the world ("tens of millions of people"!) now knows Nathan is Faison's son. Lulu blames herself for not getting the story pulled, and Spin (!!) blames her as well. Maxie at least is also mad at Nathan for talking to Lulu in the first place.

I don't know how much stupider this story can get, but I'm sure it will happen.

Wait til Lulu's on Aurora Media's new 60 Minutes-esque news program and "tens of millions of people" see her on TV talking about this and then we see a faceless presence looking at her professional head shot (no doubt given to "tens of millions" of media outlets worldwide) and ripping it in half.  Good times.

• Love 1

Elizabeth makes sure to make Jake understand that he has "two amazing dads", but neglects to mention Lucky, the man that actually raised Jake for the first four years of his life despite the fact that he (according to the writing) wasn't Lucky's son. Telling that part of the story would no doubt confuse Jake even more and Jonathan Jackson won't be coming back to reprise the role but it's irritating how TPTB have erased Lucky's existence/part in Jake's life, not to mention Cameron and Aiden's. But at the same time Laura considers all of the Webber boys her grandsons.

• Love 1

Liz, sweetie, YOU HAVE TWO OTHER CHILDREN!  Maybe show some concern for Carter and Adrian re: the school's Father's Day given their father is MIA and, in Carter's case, he also has a bio father who didn't come back from the dead twice.

Interesting that, telling the story of her first time, Carly left out the part that it was her best friend's father and that said best friend was then thought to be dead after an accident and that Carly stole said best friend's name when she came to town to seduce Grandma Bobbie's husband away from her.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Liz, sweetie, YOU HAVE TWO OTHER CHILDREN!  Maybe show some concern for Carter and Adrian re: the school's Father's Day given their father is MIA and, in Carter's case, he also has a bio father who didn't come back from the dead twice.

Interesting that, telling the story of her first time, Carly left out the part that it was her best friend's father and that said best friend was then thought to be dead after an accident and that Carly stole said best friend's name when she came to town to seduce Grandma Bobbie's husband away from her.

Carter and Adrian don't have Father's Day even though it's in the same school. Jake's classroom is super-special.

• Love 4

Are there actually schools out there that make it a suspend-able offense for a student to hold a party the same night as school dance?  Because that sure as heck isn't a policy at my kid's school. And it sounds like one of the dumbest ideas ever.

• Love 4

I'm so endeared by Jake hotfooting it across town to ask Drew to come to his school's event because Jason (and Franco) wasn't an option for him. It's sweet how fiercely he loves Drew. I understand Liz and Drew encouraging Jake to get to know his biological father, but I can't reconcile the Jason we see chasing a madman and plotting murder with a man who would come to school events and participate as a father on a consistent basis.

So Joss and Oscar are throwing an alternative dance, not having sex. Maybe Joss has discovered Dawson's Creek, because I'm fairly certain there was an episode centered around a similar idea. No matter what it's derivative of, I'm glad to see Joss is thoughtful and unafraid to stand up for what she feels is right. Carly complains so much but she's lucky Joss has a good head on her shoulders.

Ugh, now it's Michael's turn to worry his child will inherit dysfunctional genes, can the writers please drop that angle? It's so gross. And Michael should know better than anyone that the environment you're raised in has a direct influence on how you turn out, genetics aren't everything.

• Love 8
Just now, Linny said:

Maybe Joss has discovered Dawson's Creek, because I'm fairly certain there was an episode centered around a similar idea.

IIRC, Dawson - trying to impress Joey slash being a dick re: the Pacey situation - spearheaded an anti-prom because some bitch at the school refused to sell tickets to Jack and...somebody...that college guy he was into who he finally kissed, but then it turned out he had a boyfriend maybe?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Do "tens of millions of people" even know who Ceisar Faison is, much less care that he has a son?

I think we're supposed to think that Faison is the Osama Bin Laden of Port Charles , which is why everyone would be so shocked to hear he has a child out there (you know, other than the icky girl child that he has).  

• Love 1

Will somebody please explain to me like I'm Sonny where the alternate dance idea came from? Wasn't it just a couple of days ago in soap time that Joss got upset when she thought Oscar wasn't inviting her to the dance? WTF? 

Also, I am really not liking this apparent move to enshrine Carly as the wise matriarch of PC. 

And finally, I've been fascinated by how much makeup SB seems to be wearing  lately. Is it an attempt to make him look younger and closer to BM's age? 

• Love 4

I know a lot of people aren't feeling Oscar so was it just me, but I thought he did a great job in the sex talk scene with TB today, in terms of truly looking horrified to be having that conversation with his mother.  

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Perkie said:

I know a lot of people aren't feeling Oscar so was it just me, but I thought he did a great job in the sex talk scene with TB today, in terms of truly looking horrified to be having that conversation with his mother.  

I agree. Fourteen year old boys are often not the most animated people in the world. I like the way he is playing Oscar. 

Okay, Kim, calm the fuck down. Nobody's gonna mistake Oscar for a soldier.

Aw, Jake and Drew are cute. Now soras his ass. Although, did Liz really have to tell him that Jason was taken? Isn't he freaked out enough already? Just keep it to he wasn't away voluntarily.

"The baby's heartbeat is so, um, wild and um, strong, it sounds like a, um, a, horse galloping . . . Michael. It's. Beautiful."

Holy moly mother. It was like someone had to pull that line out of her with pliers. I argued against it before, but you know, I think I'd be fine if Nelle just disappeared.

From the shirts on today's show, it appears there was some school marm shirt sale somewhere.

Maxie and Lulu's friendship gets more obstacles thrown at it than most of the romantic relationships on the show. 

And yes, Michael worrying about the baby getting Nelle's genes is dumb. She's lame, not a psycho.

Previews: Brydog!

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, ulkis said:

She's lame, not a psycho.

Well, dear old dad Frank Benson was a bit of a psycho, you know, with the selling of his teenager's kidney for gambling money and all that.  Maybe Michael should be worried about the Benson genes a wee bit!

• Love 1

In the preview?  We only get a snippet, but it sounds like Anesthesia!Nina is bragging about how awesome her life is and says something to Ava about not even thinking about her anymore.  Like THE LIST isn't still shoved in her bra.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

In the preview?  We only get a snippet, but it sounds like Anesthesia!Nina is bragging about how awesome her life is and says something to Ava about not even thinking about her anymore.  Like THE LIST isn't still shoved in her bra.

Why wasn't Ava OR SONNY OR CARLY ever allowed to blast Nina for endangering, kidnapping, and almost killing Avery?

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Well, dear old dad Frank Benson was a bit of a psycho, you know, with the selling of his teenager's kidney for gambling money and all that.  Maybe Michael should be worried about the Benson genes a wee bit!

Still peanuts compared to other people in the town lol. Michael needs to worry about his own genes first.

8 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh gawd.

That preview was horrible.  Why do we need a special episode to see Nina and Carly shading Ava, we see it all the damn time!

Emmy bait?

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Ava did get to delightfully blow Nina's adoption hopes out of the water by spilling the beans about that to that pregnant girl.  That was fun.

But yet Nina was presented as a perfectly normal woman at the custody trial with Valentin versus Lulu and allowed (at the time) full custody of a child. This stupid, stupid show.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

That didn't get the dream cam though. I think that might actually be Nina talking to someone.

When Jake referred to Jason as "that other guy"......ha! that was great!I

Sonny to Jason "why wouldn't Faison want a robot?"  *basically that is what he said,  I am loving all these descriptions of Jason.

Why can't Sam just say to Jason " look, of course I love you, I will always love you.  We were married, we share a child etc etc but I have moved on and I am in love with Drew now and I love our life together" and that's that.  They have shown us all these flashbacks but they have not shown one reason why Sam would want to go back to Jason over Drew.  Hate how they are playing this our.

• Love 11