Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, ulkis said:

I know it sounds crazy, but if they had just cut her dang hair she might have turned out better. They probably think it makes her look hotter but it just adds to her gangliness.

Frank has always been a big fan of long blonde hair. He used to actually enforce it at OLTL. A few of the brunettes even had to go blonde for awhile. LONG BLONDES

• Love 1
1 minute ago, jsbt said:

Frank has always been a big fan of long blonde hair. He used to actually enforce it at OLTL. A few of the brunettes even had to go blonde for awhile. LONG BLONDES

Alrighty then Frank. 

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

So I've really been missing a lot, huh.

Sooo behind, is there anything worth even glancing at?

For you, I don't think so.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, seasons said:

Still wondering how Maxie and Lulu are off the hook for the hazmat thing. Please. 

The editor of the Invader agreed not to press charges so long as Nathan and Maxie took a vacation on their dime.  Probably for advertising purposes.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Star Aristille said:

The editor of the Invader agreed not to press charges so long as Nathan and Maxie took a vacation on their dime.  Probably for advertising purposes.

???????

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Because of... Assman Landers? What??

All Nathan said was that they had to go to Cabo on the Invader's dime and he couldn't repeat why in front of Dante. 

• Love 1

Is RP "Nathan" leaving the show?  Or was that just a teaser in a soap magazine, where he was working elsewhere and was only temporarily gone?  I just wondered if they were writing him out with this who's his real daddy story.

2 hours ago, ciarra said:

Is RP "Nathan" leaving the show? 

Please say yes!  FV will probably just replace him with another terrible underwear model but maybe we'll get lucky and the casting director will be allowed to do his actual job

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2

OMFG, Nathan would've never been arrested for fraud.  That the show keeps saying that simply to make Nellie in the wrong is ridiculous.  And can someone knock Lulu and Maxie off their collective high horse?  As if Lulu gives a fuck other than this alleged expose is going to make her Journalist of the Year.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, ulkis said:

I think Nelle is putting a plaaan into action. You're just lucky you weren't watching when they were trying to make Nelle and Michael an actual thing. At one point sexual tension was supposed to be wrung from trying to avoid looking at each other as they were taking a dip in a metal bathtub cause they were stuck in a cabin.

I am hard pressed to envision something more terrifying.

Michael is basically the male Liz at this point, apparently he can't just be single and alone, he keeps being paired with loser after loser and each one somehow comes with baby baggage. Just let him adopt a baby on his own and focus on being the kind of father A.J. should have been to him and maybe he might turn out to be a fairly decent human being in the end.

It says a lot that Nelle makes Kiki look like a far better significant other.

• Love 5

I've said it before about the day players, but they are often of high quality. Military-counsel-whatever guy who was dealing with Sam, Alexis, and Jason was excellent. That isn't so much about extraordinarily high casting standards of GH (because...well, look around at what gets handed contracts). It's just a reminder of how many good actors are out there jobbing around Los Angeles, and they can shine when you just wind them up and say "You're a military lawyer and here are your lines" or whatever. He just came in and was completely convincing as that character;  it boosted the whole sequence.  

I am still on the "slightly better writing lately" train. Everyone who keeps score here knows I could not care less about any version of Jasam, but I liked the subtlety of Sam's moment of gratitude being followed swiftly by an encapsulation of her relationship with Jason in two sentences: "I'll always do anything I can for you. [looks at phone] I've gotta go. Sonny needs me."  

In the not-so-subtle department, there was Kim/Tamara saying that everyone treats her as if she's been there for years.  

I'm on the fence about the Braun/Herbst friend chemistry. I doubt Kim will turn into a Robin or an Original Recipe Emily, but it was okay. Mainly it's just a novelty to see those two getting along, because Liz and the TB Carly had no love.

A broken clock is right twice a day, and an unskilled actor can land on just the right note, when the one thing he does is perfect for the moment. I laughed out loud at Oscar's flat delivery of "That's a lot of people getting shot" in response to Josslyn sorting out the back story of why Sonny would have gratitude to Drew. New characters, when they get filled in on things from years ago, always have that "Who the hell are these people?" reaction.  

Nelle is too inept to be any fun. She can't string a scheme together for four consecutive episodes.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, ulkis said:

All those times Drew remembers sleeping with Sam except for recent years are actually memories of his brother and Sam. Is he suuuuure he doesn't want to lose the memories?

Yeah, that is.... awkward. Given how insecure he's been about everybody choosing Jason over him - keeping a decades worth of memories of his wife being in love with Jason seems like a bad idea

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Nelle is too inept to be any fun. She can't string a scheme together for four consecutive episodes

Which is why it was ridiculous of her being some black widow mastermind who killed her fiance foe his money.

Those scenes would have been better if Nelle was defiant and told the Lulu and Maxie that no one gives a fuck about Man Landers anf if they didn't the secret to come out then thwy should have kept their mouths closed. Also ahe could have pointed out that Lulu's idea of an interesting anf newsworthy story is sadly lacking either.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Linny said:

I absolutely think Nelle is a worthless liar, but it's kind of obnoxious to watch Michael castigate her and accuse her of "having an excuse" for every misdeed when Michael trips all over himself to defend Sonny for crimes that are 10x worse than anything Nelle has done.

I don't remember the dialogue exchange, but Nelle said something and Michael cut her off, "Stop making excuses", and I found myself saying, "That's not really an excuse; she just stated a fact, but you're so hellbent, Michael, that you'd say Nelle telling you the sun rises in the east is a lie, and things fall due to gravity as an excuse."

Glad they FINALLY acknowledged Alexis doesn't know shit is not well-versed in Military Law, but I kept mumbling, "And then Anna shows up and tells the Navy Guy what the WSB knows...."

• Love 2

So, wait...now Lulu is not doing her award-worthy expose on the great AssManLanders scandal and is back in search of a story that will "rock Port Charles?"  I thought her piece on moldy pizza did that.

Journo!Lulu is only slightly less obnoxious than BabyRabies!Lulu. 

• Love 6

I'm exhausted by Franco's fragile ego and his need to cling to Liz, since it's pretty damn clear she has no desire to leave Franco. There hasn't been a hint of hesitation from her regarding her love for Franco, so his massive insecurities are irrational and tiresome.

It's especially troubling-- because this is exactly how things started to go south for Franco and Carly (granted-- she had started to get friendly with Sonny) although it lead to Franco getting Sonny on tape talking about shooting AJ-- and those glorious weeks where Michael abandoned Sonny & Carly-- didn't Franco also go full-on post-coma nuts and try to blow Carly up?

Liz doesn't need that.

• Love 3

I get that Nelle and Michael aren't spitting nails at each other, but they were acting awfully chummy for a couple that had a pretty acrimonious split. And now we get more tears from Nelle because her inept plan backfired. Again. 

13 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

OMFG, Nathan would've never been arrested for fraud.

I KNOW. It gives me a rage blackout. It's so stupid. But since Jordan said she wouldn't fire Nathan, I guess this dumb (non)threat had to stay.

Gross that Sonny is trying to intimidate Oscar, a 15-year-old boy. That kid has no facial expressions.

Of course St. Jasus has the power to convince the United States Navy to rethink its stance on Drew's case.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Star Aristille said:

That's so strange!

Thanks for the answer.

I'm kind of surprised SBu isn't in all of the opening credits, but maybe that would make MB mad. Heh.

Oof, Britt's hair is not flattering. Sonny sneering about fugitive life being tough is a bit rich coming from someone who regularly whined about his rather luxurious house arrest.

Is Britt supposed to be in Port Charles?

Klassy move barely not accusing Nelle of sleeping around, Michael. Call her a liar, fine, but don't call her a slut, please.

Okay, quick question about Liz's offspring - is Cameron at least pushing double digits in age yet? Is he anywhere near close to hitting any milestone of puberty in the near future?

I still can't get over how they aged Morgan and then Kristina and Molly, and now even Josselyn, and yet Cameron has been left in first grade for over a decade. They really wasted a lot of births during the early 2000s that should rightly be the teens/young adults of today with actual family in PC that's been on canvas for longer than two weeks.

But alas, instead there's Oscar who is Drew's son because...reasons and plot. Man, I know they are trying to show that Drew is basically losing out on everything right now, but the man didn't have to get saddled with the added baggage of having a teen son who seems to have the same intelligence level of a piece of Spam rolled in hair.

The look on that baby's face playing Scout (Seriously? I thought it was a nickname for some odd reason since I wasn't around when she was conceived/born) staring up at Billy was pretty epic I thought. And he took it in stride with the line "you look as lost as I am". Something tells me that had very little to do with Drew and a lot to do with Miller.

I am not against certain people getting redeemed on soaps, and one of GH's biggest story-lines involved a rapist and his rape victim falling madly in love and having kids. However, Franco is just the wrong sort of character, or should I say he has such poor characterization that I  have no desire to see him redeemed.

I have yet to see anything positive come from the SERIAL KILLER despite whomever has played him. I disliked him from day one when James had the role, and Roger just...no. Franco has always been a heavy "no" for me and nothing that has been done to him so far makes him appealing imo.

Just the way he tried to be so smug to Sam, a woman he raped, by bringing up her husband who attacked him because of the rape...I just can't with any of that. Nope. Never have and never will like him.

• Love 6

That kid that plays jake nailed that scene with BM and RH today.

BM did a nice job too.

Sam should have kicked Franco is the nuts. Dirtbag.

I liked when Carly called Liz out about Franco. Liz has lost her mind. 

5 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

She was Claudette, not Britt.

So, dead baby and baby swap in our future?

Shoot, thanks! Claudette.

I've always liked her.

Edited by seasons
Confusing many characters. Sorry.
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, CPP83 said:

Just the way he tried to be so smug to Sam, a woman he raped, by bringing up her husband who attacked him because of the rape...I just can't with any of that. Nope. Never have and never will like him.

The writers just don't get it. Or more likely, they don't care they don't get it.

I did like Franco mouthing "Hi, Carly" to her when she was blasting Elizabeth about the engagement. Carly has every right to her feelings (and she's right to call the engagement a mistake), but this doesn't affect her at all, so she needs to butt out. (Ha! It's Carly! She'll never butt out!) It's so gross Franco is pushing Elizabeth to marry him right away, and all because he's wildly insecure.

Isn't Jake a little old to believe in Santa? I can see him pretending when he's around his younger siblings, but he's 10, right?

1 minute ago, YaddaYadda said:

So, dead baby and baby swap in our future?

I fear the answer to this is yes. At minimum, there will be some sort of baby shenanigans. Ugh.

"Congratulations, Grandma!" Hee. I despise this story with the heat of a thousand fiery nuns, but that was a definite high point.

Drew loses and gains a son in the space of, what, a half hour? Heh.

• Love 9

That . . . was actually a pretty decent episode.

lol at Carly having to say her piece about Franco and Liz's engagment was funny (even Franco's little handwave to her was too). Both women got to hold their own. (Which reminds me, I liked Liz calling her "that woman".)

Aw poor Jake. 

MB was just bad in that scene. Also, Drew buying a media company really stuck in Sonny's craw, huh. Damn reading material!

You could tell Carly was pretty certain what the announcement was gonna be right when the popped up in front of her. Her look of disgust was great. (Athough Nelle is still horrible, I don't know if I would be able to watch her if I weren't fairly certain they're writing her into a corner). Michael's total unenthusiasm cracked me up too.

I liked Sam and Franco's scene.

Carly better hope that Sonny doesn't take it upon himself to show Liz that she shouldn't marry Franco.

Oscar continues to be terrible. I suppose all the dialogue is too much for him, he just totally garbles it.

Britt: My father doesn't care about you or your family. 

I was gratified to hear this dialogue, thank you very much.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, ulkis said:

Oscar continues to be terrible. I suppose all the dialogue is too much for him, he just totally garbles it.

I actually don't mind the actor—he has an innate sweetness I enjoy—but he's so expressionless, in face and voice.

• Love 7
On 12/8/2017 at 3:18 PM, CPP83 said:

Scout (Seriously? I thought it was a nickname

Her first name is Emily and Scout is her middle name, but they call her Scout anyway.

Everyone is back to pretty much hating/disdaining Franco again . . . I don't know if it's just because Burton is back as Jason and it'll cool down again once he's more settled or if JP leaving had anything to do with it or it's just brought back up to create some angst for Liz and Franco, but I'll take it.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
56 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Britt: My father doesn't care about you or your family. 

I was gratified to hear this dialogue, thank you very much.

Oh, Britt was in this ep? Maybe I'll watch those scenes at least. I love this line.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3

Been on the barge for a long time, but I was off work today and my cat was asleep on my Roku remote, so instead of watching Netflix, I tuned in to watch this "One Jason Morgan is not simply enough!' mess.  Ugh fucking Sonny with his, "this guy's been living in Jason's house and raising Jason's children!" like it's suddenly Drew's fault that he thought he was Jason.  Memo to Sonny: Jason had no relationship with Jake at all before Jake died. He was just some dude that played motorcycles with him once in the hospital when he was a toddler.  Jason wasn't raising Jake because it was too dangerous what with him being a mob enforcer and all.  The only reason that a relationship between Drew/Jason and Jake is because "Jason" came back as a completely non-murdery version of himself.  He didn't have a relationship with Danny because he got shot and kicked in the river (best day on this show ever!) like the same day Danny came home on account of his being a mob enforcer. So I don't know how much "raising" of his children Jason would have been doing even if he had been alive and not held captive during those years. I think the only ass he's ever going to wipe is yours, Sonny.  I wish they would have Drew just adopt Jake and Danny to keep them safe from Jason's life if nothing else (also seriously because for all this show plays up the "biology doesn't matter" with Michael and Emily, they seem to make it matter a whole damn lot for every other character) and he could have all the things that Jason absolutely does not deserve.  However, I have bad feeling this will all go south and he'll go crazy because he can't have Jason's life, because what mere mortal could possibly go back to being normal after being St Jasus for a minute?? I wish they have Drew all, "Oh thank God I'm not Jason Morgan! My conscience has been making me crazy for the past few years thinking about all those people I killed and now it turns out I'm not a murderous psychopath after all! Damn this is a huge weight off my shoulders! Let's go home and have all the sex Sam!". But it'll never happen on this show, unless Burton pisses someone off again.  Also, it takes a lot of suspension of belief to think of Burton and Miller as twins because they look like they're at least 10 years apart in age. I see Liz and Franco are still a thing. Gross.  That girl that Michael "appears" to have knocked up looks exactly like a friend of mine's little boy and it's very unsettling. I see that they've recast Tamara Braun in another role and she Appears. To. Have. Secrets! Ones that are probably completely dumb and will be dropped with no explanation. "Why did you seem so secretive when you first got to town?", "Oh, I just didn't want anyone to find out that I was born with a vestigial tail". "Makes sense, let's go get BLT's at Kelly's!".     

• Love 8

Her first name is Emily and Scout is her middle name, but they call her Scout anyway.

Don't know about Cam, but I think the actor who plays him is 12.

So Emily now has a namesake, good. Not that I cared much for the character towards the end, or the middle, of her life but it's a nice nod to history and the passing on of a Q name will always get a thumbs up from me.

Can they rename Oscar A.J. then? Maybe I might be able to overlook everything else.

I haven't seen the new Cameron so I was curious about that, thanks. Frankly if they had SOARed him the usual way, that kid should be 25 by now.

So Nelle's womb is currently ticking and that's just no good. Why this crap again? Is Ron still lurking around somewhere? Good grief. And of course Carly is going to lose her giblets over this.

Sonny, shut your stupid face. I would have been just fine with Britt smirking in his face the whole time while he tried to intimidate her. Her Daddy is bloody Faison, you really think you, little mobster man,, could scare her?

• Love 4

Has Tamara always had black circles under her eyes?  

And Scout was named after a dog.  Her older half brother Danny, who at the age of 7 only knows how to converse about dogs (literally this is the only dialogue that lil actor has been given)...wanted to have a dog and name it Scout. 

Edited by Hater
  • Love 1

Why do I feel like Nelle isn't really pregnant? While I think there's about a 99% chance that the story will be Nelle's dead baby gets switched with Maxie's live baby, there was something so odd about that whole hospital segment with miserable Michael, wary Kim, and giddy Nelle followed by Kim acting like Michael would be happy about the news that it makes me think Nelle somehow has dirt on Kim and is blackmailing her into going along with a fake pregnancy. And I know that makes zero sense, but nothing about Nelle ever does beginning with her being Frank Benson's daughter who was conveniently a donor match for Josslyn. Eh. I don't really care.

I liked the scenes at the park surrounding Jake. Billy Miller was good. Boy actor was good. Though I did have to eyeroll a little at Jake's, "I don't need another dad!" because no kidding. He was dead for half his life and even at that he's got, like, four fathers already. Bonus: Sam made Franco twitch by correctly sizing up his Jason and Liz insecurity.

Oscar's head looks like an egg with a face drawn on it, but less animated.

• Love 10
On 12/8/2017 at 6:26 PM, fishcakes said:

Why do I feel like Nelle isn't really pregnant?

Because they didn't actually show Kim comfirming it Nelle. And also, if Nelle even suspected she was pregnant she would have busted out this news a lot sooner. But she actually might be, because as you say, the writing for her is all over the place.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, ulkis said:

And also, if Nelle even suspected she was pregnant she would have busted out this news a lot sooner.

Do you think so? Nelle's plans have been deeply inept, but I can also see her holding a pregnancy as the ultimate card to play. Plus, she's only about six weeks' pregnant. I'd want to be farther along before trying to use it to my advantage. She told Michael now only because she felt cornered when he said he was going to sell the apartment.

• Love 3

I thought Kim told Nelle that she was 6 weeks pregnant.  If I were Carly, I'd spend the next 7 1/2 months gathering dirt on Nelle to use to take the baby away when it's born.  It's what the Corinthii do.

I thought the conversation with Jake was well written and very well handled by BM and the kid.  I teared up.  Poor Jake and Drew.

On the other hand, what I hate about GH:

Andre: "I'm a psychiatrist and I was paid by an Evil Anonymous Guy to take the memories out of Drew Cain and put Jason Morgan's memories into his head so he thinks he's Jason Morgan and didn't know he was a SEAL and AWOL."  SEAL guy:  "I don't care, lock him up."

Jason: "My  name is Jason Morgan. I was kidnapped five years ago and I don't remember anything until I regained consciousness a couple of months ago and came back to find that other guy thought he was me. I know I was kidnapped so he was too."  SEAL guy:  "Let me get right on a conference call to get him released."

2 hours ago, ulkis said:

MB was just bad in that scene. Also, Drew buying a media company really stuck in Sonny's craw, huh. Damn reading material!

With Jason's  money!  Sonny hates that.  He used JASON's money for something not mob-related. What a traitor!

I've been watching Top Of The Lake II: China Girl  and there is a crazy German (?) guy, skinny with long hair, and I keep flashing to a young Faison.  It's so weird.

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Andre: "I'm a psychiatrist and I was paid by an Evil Anonymous Guy to take the memories out of Drew Cain and put Jason Morgan's memories into his head so he thinks he's Jason Morgan and didn't know he was a SEAL and AWOL."  SEAL guy:  "I don't care, lock him up."

Jason: "My  name is Jason Morgan. I was kidnapped five years ago and I don't remember anything until I regained consciousness a couple of months ago and came back to find that other guy thought he was me. I know I was kidnapped so he was too."  SEAL guy:  "Let me get right on a conference call to get him released."

lmao...classic. I didn't even see the episode and I know that this summary is completely accurate. 

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I'm not positive at all but I don't think she's definitely pregnant. They definitely played it hazy.

They're definitely leaving it open. I'm just saying, if Nelle is pregnant, she only said something because her back was against the wall. Which, come to think about it, is how most of her plans fail, as she doesn't seem to think too far ahead.

24 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I've been watching Top Of The Lake II: China Girl  and there is a crazy German (?) guy, skinny with long hair, and I keep flashing to a young Faison.  It's so weird.

LOL. I did the same thing!

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

lmao...classic. I didn't even see the episode and I know that this summary is completely accurate. 

It's comical how accurate it is. Jasus over everyone.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, fishcakes said:

Why do I feel like Nelle isn't really pregnant? While I think there's about a 99% chance that the story will be Nelle's dead baby gets switched with Maxie's live baby, there was something so odd about that whole hospital segment with miserable Michael, wary Kim, and giddy Nelle followed by Kim acting like Michael would be happy about the news that it makes me think Nelle somehow has dirt on Kim and is blackmailing her into going along with a fake pregnancy. And I know that makes zero sense, but nothing about Nelle ever does beginning with her being Frank Benson's daughter who was conveniently a donor match for Josslyn. Eh. I don't really care.

The only way Nelle and Carly's connection would have made sense is if Nelle's father were not Frank Benson, but was Carly's bio dad John Durant.  Durant was shot and killed when he was with Carly.  He was a prosecutor and was killed because of Sonny's business.  Nelle would have been a donor match for Josslyn so her mother could have sold her kidney.  Nelle could have come to Port Charles to even the score with Sonny and Carly.  Since Michael would be her half-nephew, we would have been spared all of those Michael and Nelle love scenes.  

• Love 8