Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

There will be a bit of reflection, but Mo and Steve are here to play the same old shit they have done and will continue to do.  

I'm actually surprised that SB came back to play the same Jason. I thought he left because he was bored and wanted to play a different character. To me, Jason is so one-dimensional, it must be boring as hell to play him. I was hoping they'd make SB Drew and we'd get to see him stretch his acting chops. The same old Jason is back being Sonny's little lap dog.

• Love 5
21 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Also, James Franco and Guza never intended the character to be more than a very limited deal. It was Frank and Ron who decided a  presumed-dead SERIAL KILLER was the best fit for Roger Howarth. I will never understand that thinking.

Franco the character was James Franco's big vanity project ("look at me--an Oscar nominated actor doing a stint on a soap--I'm edgy!") that was never, ever supposed to go beyond that.  TPTB could have made Howarth any number of characters--existing or new.  That they decided to reinvent the Franco character is one of the biggest missteps this show has ever taken--and that's saying a lot.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, nilyank said:

I thought SB left because of money. I always thought it was about money for him not stretching his acting chops.

The only thing SB said when he left GH was that he wanted to spend more time with his family and in Tennessee, which he got to do with Y&R. Whether he would have left GH if JFP hadn't been on Y&R, who knows.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5

Frank's inability to let go, Ron's crap writing and Roger's lacklustre acting all all responsible for Franco's enormous failure.

18 hours ago, ulkis said:

Frank and Ron? Idolize Steve Burton Jason? I disagree, I don't think they did. They are the ones who started making Jason look bad to build up a McBain/Sam pairing.

It was painfully obvious Frank and Ron wanted to push out Steve and Mo in order to replace them with Michael and Roger. It backfired big time. You just know Frank is sucking a lemon having to bring back Steve to save GH. His OLTL pets are flops.

On 12/1/2017 at 7:26 PM, RedheadZombie said:

No.  It's like he's forgotten how to act.  But his character, Max, was always the lovable rascal, not quite a villain or a hero.

I loved Max so much. Agree he's lost his spark but he's not nearly as awful as the other OLTL leading men on GH.

Edited by BF4L
  • Love 4

I am only halfway thru last week, but a few random thoughts:

1.  I love Kim McCullough, but someone in wardrobe/hair/makeup hates her.  Why do they keep dressing her that way?

2.  Kirsten Storms - same comment, except I don't love her

3. Sam - why was she there for Maxie's big announcement?  Is there some family connection I am forgetting about?

4.  Lulu a journalist?  Does she have any education/experience in writing at all?  Other than the blog or whatever, she started doing 5 minutes ago?  Perhaps the school where Kiki is going for her speedy medical degree (and where Emily and others before have gone) also has a journalism program?

5. Clearly hair/makeup/wardrobe love Vinessa A - Jordan looked fantastic in that white dress

6. Nina - annoying

7.  Anna/Finn/Valentin - amusing

• Love 2
3 hours ago, BF4L said:

I loved Max so much. Agree he's lost his spark but he's not nearly as awful as the other OLTL leading men on GH.

I like that he's not playing Max here (even though I loved Max), unlike Roger Howarth who can evidently only play Todd. Personality-wise, Franco is exactly the same as Todd, and I was flipping channels one night and saw him on some random prime time show and whoever that guy was supposed to be, he was also Todd. Right now Dr. Bensch is pretty much a dud, but I'm assuming he'll turn out to be evil just to liven things up.

19 minutes ago, MarciNJ said:

3. Sam - why was she there for Maxie's big announcement?  Is there some family connection I am forgetting about?

They were good friends a long time ago, back when they both worked at the Metro Court and were hated by everyone else in town, but they almost never have any scenes together anymore, unless Sam needs a dress for a special occasion at the last minute and then Maxie will show up with a bunch of dresses, all "what are friends for!"

• Love 4

8.  The wardrobe monster must also hate Maura West - what was that blue mostrosity they had her wearing??

9.  I get that Griffin can't' get past the fact that Julian is a killer - has anyone told him how Connie died?

10.  Dr. Bensch - good or evil?  I still can't decide

11.  If Spinelli had the proof all along, why did they even need Andre?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, fishcakes said:

They were good friends a long time ago, back when they both worked at the Metro Court and were hated by everyone else in town, but they almost never have any scenes together anymore, unless Sam needs a dress for a special occasion at the last minute and then Maxie will show up with a bunch of dresses, all "what are friends for!"

They used to have actual friendship scenes together. Maxie planned Sam/Jason's first wedding

Meanwhile, the post-Guza writers have kept trying to push Sam into friendships that don't make any sense (looking at you, Nina/Liz/Carly scenes) while letting an existing one fall by the wayside. 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 6

After watching today's show, with Alexis telling original recipe Jason that Sam's happy now, away from the cloud of Sonny,  here's what I want to happen: Jason decides that Sam's love is more important to him than anything else, so he leaves Sonny's employ to work at getting Sam back. 

It's a direction I'm sure they won't go, but I'd love it because there'd be two Jasons in town and CarSon would have neither of them. 

• Love 12

It must be so satisfying to watch your serial killer boyfriend act like a two year old in front of your friend.

And you have to make excuses for him. 

So sexy.

He's a keeper, Elizabeth.

Maybe Elizabeth has a brain tumor.

• Love 17

So glad we wasted time with Franco's pathetic crying because lying is HARD but telling the truth is HARDER and he doesn't know what to DO, only for that speck of conscience to disappear the moment Liz proposed. And the fact that Liz proposed with stars in her eyes AFTER Franco's rude snit with Robin is proof positive that she's nothing more than a mindless defender of this scum.

Totally get Alexis' impulse to dissuade Jason from contacting Sam, but I think it's the wrong move. Jason and Sam need to talk to and make decisions about his role in Danny's life, to sort out their lingering feelings, and to find closure. And it should be up to Sam to decide if Jason's lifestyle is something she can tolerate, she doesn't need her mother or anyone else making up her mind for her.

Was the show implying Nelle forged that autograph she gave Joss? How dumb and pointless, much like Nelle's very existence.

Oscar stood on the sacred bridge with Andrew and they both had the same stance, which I guess is shorthand for they're father and son. You know, when I asked for a strengthened Quartermaine family a Jason clone and his wet sock son isn't really what I had in mind.

• Love 20
1 minute ago, Linny said:

Oscar stood on the sacred bridge with Andrew and they both had the same stance, which I guess is shorthand for they're father and son. You know, when I asked for a strengthened Quartermaine family a Jason clone and his wet sock son isn't really what I had in mind.

But Oscar and Drew don't have the same color hair--how can they be parent and child? /LuluLogic

• Love 3

It's 2017 and Alexis is back to her same old shit, acting like Sam was a victim of sinister mobster Jason. Meanwhile, she's still in Julian's orbit. GTFO.

How many more weeks are we going to get of JaSam saying nothing of relevance to each other but one liners? Lawd. JASON CAME BACK FROM THE DEAD, SAM THOUGHT DREW WAS JASON, and everything is going to be OK!? Jason, STFU with your martyr bullshit and have a fucking reaction. Tell her you love and missed her. My goodness, show. Are they not allowed to touch? Fucking hell.

I LOL'd when Drew tried to rip apart his wallet. He's my hulk. <3

I love how KMc plays Robin in scenes with Franco or about Franco. The expressions kills me. 

• Love 16
7 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I love how KMc plays Robin in scenes with Franco or about Franco. The expressions kills me. 

I love her PERIOD. FULL STOP. So, gimme deets. What did she say to Liz about "holding off?" that we saw in the previews?

I suppose it will take seeing Franco killing someone in front of her eyes for Liz to see he hasn't changed?

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I love her PERIOD. FULL STOP. So, gimme deets. What did she say to Liz about "holding off?" that we saw in the previews?

I suppose it will take seeing Franco killing someone in front of her eyes for Liz to see he hasn't changed?

Basically, she was saying that Jason would never hurt Jake and that Liz should consider Jason being a part of his life because Jason is never going to impose what he wants on her. Mostly, it was about her knowing how hard it is to make people understand that mobster Jason is a good man on the inside, like she had to do with Patrick. He still doesn't get it completely, says Robin. LMAO. Then Liz talked about how she loves Franco. Friz are here to stay and I'm devastated.

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, rur said:

here's what I want to happen: Jason decides that Sam's love is more important to him than anything else, so he leaves Sonny's employ to work at getting Sam back. 

lol...oh wait, were you serious? Isn't this the Jason that is already right back in his role of Carly and Sonny's errand boy? No, nothing here will change. They will maybe drag this out for a few more weeks, making Sam be torn, only for her to go back to Jason and the exact scenario from before he vanished. That is, she and Danny come second to his "duty" and loyalty to Sonny. And all of this will be achieved with Steve Burton saying the bare minimum and blinking every so often to prove he's human and not an actual cyborg.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 5

I'm hoping that the engagement is the beginning of the end for Friz. But unfortunately if Friz ends, will the writers be able to resist throwing Liz at Jason and/or Drew?  I don't know what is worse honestly.  

• Love 1
(edited)

download (5).jpg

14 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Basically, she was saying that Jason would never hurt Jake and that Liz should consider Jason being a part of his life because Jason is never going to impose what he wants on her. Mostly, it was about her knowing how hard it is to make people understand that mobster Jason is a good man on the inside, like she had to do with Patrick. He still doesn't get it completely, says Robin. LMAO. Then Liz talked about how she loves Franco. Friz are here to stay and I'm devastated.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

lol...oh wait, were you serious? Isn't this the Jason that is already right back in his role of Carly and Sonny's errand boy? No, nothing here will change. They will maybe drag this out for a few more weeks, making Sam be torn, only for her to go back to Jason and the exact scenario from before he vanished. That is, she and Danny come second to his "duty" and loyalty to Sonny. And all of this will be achieved with Steve Burton saying the bare minimum and blinking every so often to prove he's human and not an actual cyborg.

I know the show won't go there, because that would actually be soapy. But in the Borg's defense, he has had tears in his eyes a couple of times lately while he's been blinking. 

On the other hand, this show has been off the rails for me ever since Sonny and Jason spent wa-a-a-a-y too much time talking about their feelings, starting back in the '00s. 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

That is, she and Danny come second to his "duty" and loyalty to Sonny.

I don't get why we suddenly have to care because it's Sam, lol. Robin, Liz, and Courtney all came before her. 

Just now, HeatLifer said:

I don't get why we suddenly have to care because it's Sam, lol. Robin, Liz, and Courtney all came before her. 

Okay... The original comment was about Sam and Jason's relationship so my response was in kind. 

Just now, rur said:

But in the Borg's defense, he has had tears in his eyes a couple of times lately while he's been blinking. 

lol, I'll take your word for it. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1

For some reason Liz telling Robin "we really miss you around here" made me all emotional. I guess cause it's true in the meta sense as well.

Really? It's not easy to make Sam happy? She doesn't seem that exacting.

Also, Alexis is an idiot. If Sam finds out Alexis told Jason to stay away, she is going to be pissed. 

Argh at Andre giving Franco a free therapy session. He should have saved his breath.

I was fine with Alexis' speech until she said she hoped Sam was mother enough to know that Jason wasn't an option. So if she goes back to Julian, does that mean she's not mother enough? Because Molly hates him, and with good reason.

FRANCO is the best thing that ever happened to Liz? @TeeVee329, I need the Kiki gif!

ugh, why is Olivia v Monica even a thing?

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 8

This show, man.

Jason and Sam need to sit and have a conversation. For him, it's not 5 years that have passed, so maybe he should try a bit harder? 

Where is home now? The penthouse? Shouldn't everyone be moving out of there?

Alexis is the last person who should tell anyone what they should do about their lives. I appreciate what she is trying to accomplish, but now is not the time.

Joss is spending money on that DNA test for no reason at all. We got proof on the bridge, hands clutching a railway and you know, arms folded on a chest, while one contemplates the mysteries of the universe.

I really, really hate Nelle. Go away, Nelle! The actress is also obnoxious in the way she plays the character, and that eye makeup is awful makeup department.

And Olivia, I wouldn't want you to be part of my family if you put up that tacky christmas tree. I know that's tomorrow, but Olivia shoving her way like that in Monica's house is the most annoying thing ever.

And wow, Elizabeth! I don't even know where to start with this. So I'll just leave it. But wow!

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 8
50 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Jason and Sam need to sit and have a conversation. For him, it's not 5 years that have passed, so maybe he should try a bit harder? 

There is NO reason why they can't have a damn conversation other than this show unnecessarily prolonging this for ~drama~

54 minutes ago, ulkis said:

For some reason Liz telling Robin "we really miss you around here" made me all emotional. I guess cause it's true in the meta sense as well.

Girl, I randomly missed Scrubs in that moment, too. I just miss having these two doctors who did their own thang. Sigh.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, HeatLifer said:

Girl, I randomly missed Scrubs in that moment, too. I just miss having these two doctors who did their own thang. Sigh.

I could feel myself tearing up, I was like what the heck is wrong with me.

If they used Lucas the hospital side might feel like it had a decent anchor again. As of right now though, it doesn't. Liz can't hold the fort with Kiki, Franco, doctor-surgeon-barber-priest, McBain #4 and Carly #2.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I could feel myself tearing up, I was like what the heck is wrong with me.

If they used Lucas the hospital side might feel like it had a decent anchor again. As of right now though, it doesn't. Liz can't hold the fort with Kiki, Franco, doctor-surgeon-barber-priest, McBain #4 and Carly #2.

Seriously, same!

Lawd, the hospital scene is depressing as hell.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, melody16 said:

I'm hoping that the engagement is the beginning of the end for Friz. But unfortunately if Friz ends, will the writers be able to resist throwing Liz at Jason and/or Drew?  I don't know what is worse honestly.  

Franco. No doubt. I can handle Liason. But Friz? No fucking way.

Maybe we need a paroled Steven Lars to come back to put the kibosh on Friz. "There is no fucking way my sister is marrying my brother, who is a god damn serial killer!"

And then we go out and try set ups with anybody at the hospital. Hell, even Dr. Michael Easton Clay would work. Setting up an inevitable show down with the bitch fake sister.

• Love 3

I realize the Friz thing is just way too problematic to be viable. But I did feel for Liz today when she was talking about always having to prove herself or apologize for something with so many of her other love interests, whereas with Franco -- well, as George Constanza would say, "I got hand, baby!" 

• Love 6

Parts of this episode was almost subtle. Colour me shocked.  I liked how Sam/Miller were talking and Alexis with Jason.  I even liked Andre and Franco And while I loved Kim McC and Becky H talking, puhleese...

3 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

It's 2017 and Alexis is back to her same old shit, acting like Sam was a victim of sinister mobster Jason. Meanwhile, she's still in Julian's orbit. GTFO.

She's still in Julian's orbit because she loves him but she's always made it clear that he has to be out of the mob business if he wants to be with her. I don't see the hypocrisy.

2 hours ago, ulkis said:

I was fine with Alexis' speech until she said she hoped Sam was mother enough to know that Jason wasn't an option. So if she goes back to Julian, does that mean she's not mother enough? Because Molly hates him, and with good reason.

Molly is an adult and she doesn't even live at home  whereas Danny and Scout are both very young and vulnerable children.  And you know what happens to children when they are in the mob orbit -- they get kidnapped (Kristina), shot and in a coma (Michael) or sent away to school to protect them (Morgan).

Alexis did well when she shut down Molly at Thanksgiving when Molly said that Kristina loves Parker and they should all respect that, and Alexis looked "And does that also apply to me?" Does Molly know that her father slept with Sam and took Molly herself away from Alexis while Alexis was battling breast cancer?  Nothing that Julian has done to her comes close to that.

3 hours ago, Linny said:

Totally get Alexis' impulse to dissuade Jason from contacting Sam, but I think it's the wrong move. Jason and Sam need to talk to and make decisions about his role in Danny's life, to sort out their lingering feelings, and to find closure. And it should be up to Sam to decide if Jason's lifestyle is something she can tolerate, she doesn't need her mother or anyone else making up her mind for her.

Sam should talk to Jason about Danny but I interpreted Alexis argument not that he should cut ties with Danny but that as long as he wants to be in the mob, he shouldn't try to win her back for her sake and the sake of the children.  Do what's best for the children and for Sam.

And now for Robin/Liz.  I love Kim McK, and the Scorpio family is what keeps drawing me back to this show.  And I also really like Liz and I've liked Becky H since she was on a kid's show called Space Cases. BUT

Jason is not a good man, he's a serial killer. Just because he kills who Sonny tells him to rather than picking his own victim does not make him a good man.  Nor does loving his kid or Robin assuring LIz that he would never hurt Jake make him a good man. Stalin loved his daughter but he was still a monster.  Some of the worst people in history loved their children and spouses.  And they still killed and tortured and caused a lot of pain to innocent people.

The only difference I see between Julian & Franco and Sonny & Jason is that the latter have killed more people.  And that Julian and Franco feel some remorse for what they have done and Sonny and Jason have none.

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Jason is not a good man, he's a serial killer. 

GH will never see him that way. Is what it is.

18 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

She's still in Julian's orbit because she loves him but she's always made it clear that he has to be out of the mob business if he wants to be with her. I don't see the hypocrisy.

I see complete hypocrisy. 

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

The only difference I see between Julian & Franco and Sonny & Jason is that the latter have killed more people.  And that Julian and Franco feel some remorse for what they have done and Sonny and Jason have none.

Don't think we know how many any of them have killed.

I haven't seen remorse from Julian either. He feels bad his sister made him threaten Alexis. Otherwise, I haven't seen anything indicating he actually regrets any of the things he did when he was in the mob.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I realize the Friz thing is just way too problematic to be viable. But I did feel for Liz today when she was talking about always having to prove herself or apologize for something with so many of her other love interests, whereas with Franco -- well, as George Constanza would say, "I got hand, baby!" 

All I know that they have devoted 100% more energy into Friz than AJ & Liz. I really think that AJ would have been her perfect match and would have made this entire storyline sing.

• Love 16

Well sure, the story would've been better, Monica would have a non-Jason child, AJ had fantastic chemistry with Liz and the rest of the cast. But Franco was only a serial killer kidnapper and rapist.  AJ was....fat

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 12

I wonder if Elizabeth, Drew, and Jason will ever sit down and talk about Jake, both from a custodial and a what-happened-to-him standpoint. No one seems to care anymore that he was brainwashed or whatever, LOL.

I like that Elizabeth was the one who proposed, I just wish—vehemently—it hadn't been to Franco.

Nelle wrote the autograph herself? That's some pro-level scheming there. Not. If Joss were a true fan of whoever that was, she'd know his handwriting and spot the fake.

• Love 7

10.  Dr. Bensch - good or evil?  I still can't decide

He is a doctor at General Hospital.  He will be behind the bars of a jail cell in a year or on the run (see. Matt, Stephen, Andre, Britt, Lisa).   Until a network executive tells FV differently, that is the way things are in Port Charles - doctors are locked up in prison and the violent gangsters are able to waltz into the police department and conduct their business or question prisoners as if they run the place. 

• Love 10
7 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Nelle wrote the autograph herself? That's some pro-level scheming there. Not. If Joss were a true fan of whoever that was, she'd know his handwriting and spot the fake.

Oh, that's what that was about? I was only half paying attention because Nelle as a schemer hurts my feelings so I try not to look. When she got into the elevator with a smug smile and something in her hand, I thought maybe she'd stolen Oscar's DNA sample. If all it was is that she forged the autograph, that's ... lame. What is the purpose of that? She's so inept.

• Love 5
(edited)

Oh Liz, Liz, Liz, Liz! That serial killer rapist makes you laugh? makes you feel safe? You can only be yourself with him? I haven't seen you laugh ONCE since I started watching a few weeks ago. So Lucky didn't make you laugh or feel safe? Gee, I thought after Lucky, Jason made you feel safe? That Nik was the (UGHH!) "Best sex you ever had!" Not only are you saddled with a serial killer rapist, that last part is particularly more troublesome for me as Liz is a rape survivor, but one who is now a whiny, insecure, manboy serial killer rapist. I nearly barfed when he kissed her yesterday.

I'm not stupid or forgetful, FRANK. I remember Liz and Lucky back in 2006, when Vaughn played him, okay? I use that as an example, because whenever I bring up Jonathan's Lucky, I get "but they were TEENAGERS!" as if that friendship turning into love doesn't count.

Didn't Alexis ask Jason to stay away from Sam before? And then Sam got shot in the uterus because of it?

Bye, Robin! See you again at Christmas? I was hoping for one more scene with Anna, Mac, Felicia, Maxi. Sigh...or a throwaway line that you'd be meeting up with Daddy on the way back to Patrick.

What? What?

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I wonder if Elizabeth, Drew, and Jason will ever sit down and talk about Jake, both from a custodial and a what-happened-to-him standpoint. No one seems to care anymore that he was brainwashed or whatever, LOL.

Given the lap dance this show does/is doing for Jason, they'll probably have Elizabeth explain it to Jake in 4 seconds and he'll be fine with it and be all "Drew Who?  Yeah, I knew there was something off about that guy."

• Love 18
13 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Given the lap dance this show does/is doing for Jason, they'll probably have Elizabeth explain it to Jake in 4 seconds and he'll be fine with it and be all "Drew Who?  Yeah, I knew there was something off about that guy."

LMAO totally. I actually hope this happens on screen. I need a good laugh.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I can't even remember what pre-Moppet!Jake's reaction to AmnesiaJason was. All I can remember is that iteration of Danny running to the hospital bed and holding AmnesiaJason's hand or something while Sam looked on in a combination of surprise/amazement/fear.

Edited by dubbel zout
confusion on my part
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

This made me laugh. So true. 

Liz (with worried-mom wrinkled brow): I know this has to be so confusing, honey. Are you sure you're okay with all this? 

Jake (nonchalant): Yeah. It's cool. Uncle Drew was nice to me and stuff, but he never really felt like my dad, you know? It was more like...he thought he had to be. I can't really explain it. But when I saw my real dad in the park...he made me feel safe.

Liz (looks thoughtful): You felt safe around your dad, huh? 

Jake (excited): Yeah. So...do I get to meet my real dad? 

[Franco, lurking in the doorway, brooding. Commercial.] 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 16

Why was Lulu acting all smug and self-important during that publishing meeting? And the guy calls her out on it and she's ready to pack up and leave? Please.

If a nurse acted the way amy did in the exam room with Maxie IRL, that doctor would have written her up.

So unrealistic.

• Love 6