Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

I would actually love it if BillyJason was the real Jason.  Just to rub it in Carly and Sonny's faces.  Hell, even Diane.  I would absolutely love to see them so crestfallen and having to face the reality that they abandoned their actual best friend.  Again.  Of course, this will never happen, but it would be amazing.

I've always liked Steve Burton even though Jason is such a putz.  I mean he lost this huge chunk of his life because of a job he was doing for Sonny, and now he's picked right up where he left off.  I have to give a big fuck you to Carly too.  Barging into Sam's house demanding that she pick SteveJason.  You know what?  Even if he is THE Jason, who gives a shit?  He made the choice to choose "the business" over his family.  Now she's with someone who actually loves her and puts her first.  If she had any backbone left, she would have said at least one of these things to Carly, but instead she just stared blankly with those dead eyes of hers.  Seeing the flashback of her and Jason just made me realize even more how much they have ruined this character. 

BillyJason is definitely acting a little extra lately, but I really can't blame him.  He thinks this guy is coming in to take his life, and already has a pretty decent group of people abandoning him entirely.  I would probably be a little defensive and edgy too.

I would kill for it to turn out that Carly and Sonny are all wrong and their new messiah Jasus is actually the brainwashed Drew. BMJason turns out to real Jason Morgan. Just a brain damaged Jason who is reverting back to a more Jason Q than mob goon Jason Morgan. I would kill for this to happen.

7 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

If he'd been half as paranoid and proactive when he was an actual amnesiac, I might be more sympathetic. And the only thing he actually stands to lose are things that don't belong to him, like Jason's money and Jason's home. 

Everything else is a relationship where the other person gets to make a choice. 

Meh, he had absolutely nothing to lose after getting hit by Ava(what the hell is with Ava and the Q men?). The penthouse is technically Sam's right now. The Q shares will probably be split again. As Edward had provisions for Alan and Tracy's spawn. And I think he awarded Michael his own shares, too. 

Now he is under threat(by his supposed best friends) that his whole life is a lie. His wife isn't his wife. His boys aren't his sons. His friends are practically throwing him out into the cold. Even his lawyer has just coldly dropped him. The only damn person in his life who has unequivocally given him their love and support is Monica. Even Sam is in a bit of tailspin. Which is fine and 100% expected. Her life just blew up. I just hope that she tells Carly and Sonny to fuck off and this is her life, her kids, her husband's and other guy's life. Not theirs.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

Maxie already has a small child living on an opposite coast whom she doesn't parent.

Hey, she Skypes with her once a year.  That's practically parent of the year in Port Charles, town motto: hand the kids off to someone else to raise.

Oh Nelle.  Wasn't your phone not working because you couldn't pay the bill?

I wish they'd have re-arranged taping until I could hear what the hell NLG was saying.

I don't know many nurses.  Do they all wear ginormous false eyelashes to work? 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, melody16 said:

I agree with a lot of what you said Darklazr, but I guess I now have to thank Carly's meddling for breaking up Lake and Samtrick! 

No, as much as it pains me to say it. Elizabeth broke up her relationship with Jake Doe with the epic stoopid lie.  Thanks RC/JP.  Not.  

14 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

But that's going to happen anyway. Sam isn't going to keep Danny away from Jason and she's not going to lie to him. Carly is a bull in a china shop but she's not being blind or even particularly cruel. Drew isn't Jason; they're all going to have to deal, and denial doesn't serve anyone here.

It is not her call to make.  Period.  Who is denying it or not dealing with it?  Bitch needs to stay in her lane and let the others figure it out for themselves.  It does not involve her.  She is a disgusting character.  

• Love 12

Where the hell is Curtis?  He's Jason Miller's one friend in town, and who just happens to be an investigator. Curtis should be in this story as the one person on Jason Miller's side, no conflicts.  There's even a possible secondary story with Jordan and the Curtis / Jason Miller connection, being that she's looking into it as a police matter as far as the DNA and finger prints.  So where is he?  

Never mind that I really like looking at Curtis.  He's so pretty.

So now Nell is going to blackmail a cop. Yeah, that'll go well.

I feel bad for NLG having to croak out her lines.  You'd think it would warrant an aside mention. (Nasty cold you have there.)

Today was boring.

Edited by amaranta
  • Love 10

Carly  would definitely want to keep the baby away from the Quartermaines.  But she'd probably want to keep it away from Nelle too, taking a page out of Sonny's book with Ava.  Hey, the two kids could share a nanny at Casa Corinthos.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

How does he know he had "nothing to lose"? He was 40+ years old, the likelihood that he had nothing before he woke up in the hospital in PC is vanishingly small. What we do know is that he either didn't care enough to find out, or was too lazy to do so.

It's not like there were days between him waking up and Carly insisting he was Jason, there were months of him giving zero fucks that there might be people out there looking for him and waiting for him.

Yes, he's built a life in PC, but if he's not Jason Morgan, he built that life at the expense of everything and everyone in his old life - and I don't feel any more sorry for him than I do for OGJason

What I meant by he had nothing left to lose when he was Jake Doe - as opposed to now - is that when he was Jake Doe he was a blank slate. He had no memories. He had no feelings about any past life he might have had because he had no memory of it. Sure, at his age he knew that he might have something out there, but it wasn't real to him. Not like his life right now is.

And we don't know - even if he is Drew - that he built this life at the expense of anyone because we don't know who the people Drew might of had in his life or what his relationships with them were like. And forgive me for being as callous as BM's Jason about his potential family, but I really don't give a crap about any hypothetical people who may have been in his life. I can barely care about characters we've known for years (Jordan, for one example) let alone caring about the feelings of randos we've never been introduced to.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Maxie already has a small child living on an opposite coast whom she doesn't parent...do we really need to introduce another child into this??

They gave Maxie conflict with the "is Nathan cheating with Amy' five minute story, then they cleared that up.  They gave her conflict with the "I want my job back" with they cleared up pretty quckly.  Take away job and marriage what other possible story can they have for Maxie other than pregnancy.  (heavy sarcasm).  I doubt Kristin is pregnant in real life unless she and Brandon are back together, which I haven't read that they are, so they aren't writing it to accomodate that.  They just have no other ideas.  

9 hours ago, amaranta said:

Where the hell is Curtis?  Jason Miller has one friend in town, h

He and BJason have had a scene since the reveal.  BJason wanted him to investigate and told him to start with Franco.  Curtis is the one who found the death certificate in Franco's drawer.  

9 hours ago, amaranta said:

I feel bad for NLG having to croak out her lines.  You'd think it would warrant an aside mention

This week showed how they tape out of sequence.  Monday, she's with Nora, sounding like she's on her deathbed.  Tuesday she's with Diane and her voice is clear as a bell.  Wednseday she's with Valentin and she's back to being near death's door.  It was a  little wierd.  

9 hours ago, ciarra said:

I don't know many nurses.  Do they all wear ginormous false eyelashes to work? 

My sister is a nurse and no she doesnt!!

• Love 2
8 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

And we don't know - even if he is Drew - that he built this life at the expense of anyone because we don't know who the people Drew might of had in his life or what his relationships with them were like. 

No we don't, and neither does he, and that's the point. I understand the viewers not caring about hypothetical people that he might have left behind, but he should care and he didn't. 

And forgive me for being as callous as BM's Jason about his potential family, but I really don't give a crap about any hypothetical people who may have been in his life.

You're allowed to be callous, it's a badly written show. But he's not - and it was mind-bogglingly callous. It was frequently mentioned on the board at the time.   What kind of amnesiac doesn't try desperately to figure out who he is?  And it would have been one thing if we'd seen Helena convincing him that he wasn't supposed to care or look for his life - but she never had to bother with that because he never even tried. 

What I meant by he had nothing left to lose when he was Jake Doe - as opposed to now - is that when he was Jake Doe he was a blank slate. He had no memories. He had no feelings about any past life he might have had because he had no memory of it. 

Not remembering your life is not the same thing as not caring about it.  He's not a two-year-old; he can manage object permanence. He had to realize that he  had a life, he just didn't care.

The spec that Oscar is Drew's kid is exactly what I'm talking about. Drew might have a child (portrayed by a terrible actor) and for that kid, one day his father just disappeared. And his father didn't bother to try to figure out who he was so that he could come home. But I'm supposed to get the sadz for Drew because he might lose his new family? Pass.

• Love 5

Here is the one thing I took away from yesterday's show: Laura is the ABSOLUTE WORST interviewer EVER.

And though I watched One Life to Live sporadically, I thought Nora was the DA?? Or am I misremembering? I've always loved Hillary B. Smith. She was my favorite Margo on As The World Turns.

And I don't know what the hell the make-up people are doing to Steve Burton's face. It's like they've globbed on white pasty pressed powder or something, while the rest of his body that I can see, has a natural golden tan. His eyes are the only source of color on his face.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, amaranta said:

I feel bad for NLG having to croak out her lines.  You'd think it would warrant an aside mention. (Nasty cold you have there.)

They used to do stuff like that; I don't know why they don't anymore. Likely because it takes precious time away from Jason Burton scowling.

4 hours ago, Perkie said:

They just have no other ideas.  

They never do for the wimmins.

3 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

he should care and he didn't

I'll never understand why he didn't. Jake Doe didn't even try to figure anything out. He let other people present him with possibilities and went along with them until proven otherwise.

2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Here is the one thing I took away from yesterday's show: Laura is the ABSOLUTE WORST interviewer EVER.

LOL. She really is. Laura should have heard enough about Nelle from random gossip to side eye everything she said. 

• Love 6
18 hours ago, ulkis said:

I can come to that conclusion by what's on screen, but on-screen never quite articulates it point blank. Sam said a bunch of stuff when she was sick (but she's sick!) and is glad that Jason decides to fully cut ties from the business (but then she tells him, but if you really want to go back in, I won't stop you). They want Sam domesticated but the writers don't want her to outright condemn Sonny and Carly either (or original Jasam).

Plus, even when she was sick, it was still Sonny she blamed for sucking Jason in. I wish the writers would have actually let her blame Jason in her illness. But even then, she was never angry at Jason.

I feel about the same way I did when Dante cheated. They set up a bunch of stuff on-screen but they never quite said the reasons why he cheated (both him and Valerie were pissed off at Luke, the set up was there and I could fanwank it, but they never actually said it point blank on-screen.)

Sam has never just been allowed to say, "Jason was wrong and I was wrong." It's always just "I don't want that life anymore." Which I guess is consistent - she doesn't think she and Jason were wrong for being in the mob life, but as a non-fan it doesn't really make my sympathize with her that now it's smacked into her head that the mob is bad for kids when she witnessed first hand what happened with Michael.

I get that. The writers seem to be overly in love with the theme of dualities between two people, rather than internal conflict.

They've always set up Elizabeth and some of Sonny's women as the ones who were spooked by the mob violence, vs. Sam/Carly as the classic girls who can hang. So there's a lot of push-pull about what's going on with Sam since she actually lost her husband to it. Was she relieved when he "came back" and was uninterested in mob life, or was she bored? It's understandable if the answer was "a little of both," but it's all been very murky, especially now that they've got the duality of the two Jasons to play with.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And though I watched One Life to Live sporadically, I thought Nora was the DA?? Or am I misremembering? I've always loved Hillary B. Smith. She was my favorite Margo on As The World Turns.

Nora was the DA when OLTL ended (and continued on PP), but she's worked in private practice before so it's not a huge leap that she went back into it, a la my beloved Scotty.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, ulkis said:

Sam has never just been allowed to say, "Jason was wrong and I was wrong." It's always just "I don't want that life anymore." Which I guess is consistent - she doesn't think she and Jason were wrong for being in the mob life, but as a non-fan it doesn't really make my sympathize with her that now it's smacked into her head that the mob is bad for kids when she witnessed first hand what happened with Michael.

Fucking put this on a t-shirt.

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Nora was the DA when OLTL ended (and continued on PP), but she's worked in private practice before so it's not a huge leap that she went back into it, a la my beloved Scotty.

Thanks TeeVee! I wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy.  And I was "pffft" with Valentin's threat to stop paying Nora. If she's that passionate about representing OLIVIA, (not sure why she agreed), then she CAN continue to represent her if Valentin stops giving her the money. It's called PRO BONO.

20 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

How does he know he had "nothing to lose"? He was 40+ years old, the likelihood that he had nothing before he woke up in the hospital in PC is vanishingly small. What we do know is that he either didn't care enough to find out, or was too lazy to do so.

It's not like there were days between him waking up and Carly insisting he was Jason, there were months of him giving zero fucks that there might be people out there looking for him and waiting for him.

Yes, he's built a life in PC, but if he's not Jason Morgan, he built that life at the expense of everything and everyone in his old life - and I don't feel any more sorry for him than I do for OGJason

By the time JBurton rolled into that water, I had been over him for a long time.  I say this to clarify that I wasn't a fangirl of Steve's.  But I just can't help but take JBurton's side.  JMiller is going around pounding his chest, claiming Sam like he's Tarzan, peeing on "his" stuff like a mad dog.  He absolutely enraged that someone is trying to steal his life.  Absolutely convinced that JBurton is on some evil mission.

In comparison, JBurton's life has been stolen.  His wife and children have been claimed by another man, his money used, his home taken over.  Yet he's not strutting around sweating and ranting about JMiller being evil and on a diabolical mission to replace him.

I know most of this is the writing, but it's also in the performances.  I actually giggled a little when Miller came in and told Jason to "get away from" his baby or he'd kill him.  Miller clearly meant to be terrifying, and if it had worked, frightened Burton's hands would have opened and Scott would have landed on the floor.  

I don't mind that they're opponents right now, because one of my favorite tropes are newfound family members who despise each other, and the slow process of becoming close.  They just need to do a better job of sympathizing Miller.  Maybe give him a nightmare of Sam taking Danny and Scout, and telling them Burton is their real daddy.  And let Miller show some quiet anguish instead of the sweating, pacing and mouthing off constantly.  I don't even care at this point who Sam chooses, I just want her to act a little more interested.  Maybe she could slap Miller around a little and tell him that he's not the only one really struggling here.

• Love 7
21 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Which again seems weird.  Nora isn't hurting for money, why would she care if Valentin decided to stop paying for her services?

The whole thing is weird, IMO.  In no world would OLTL's Nora represent a client like Olivia Jerome.  But GH's Nora is being portrayed as someone who chooses to represent monsters for the money.  Since Nora is being represented as famous enough to attract out of state business, then Valentine and Olivia Jerome are certainly famous enough that Nora would have heard of them.  At the very least, the Cassadines would be known for trying to freeze the world, and the Jeromes would be known as an international crime family.  So GH's Nora, apparently, would only take on Olivia's case for the money.  I guess?

1 hour ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I guess I put two and two together and made five, but between Kristen Storm having mean things said to her about some minor weight gain and the Maxie pregnancy tease, I just assumed the actress herself was pregnant. 

The only thing that makes me think Kirsten isn't pregnant, is the fact that she supposedly had pretty severe endometriosis.  I remember when she was pregnant with Harper she discussed how happy she was because she didn't think she could get pregnant.  As an aside, I had significant endometriosis that I had to have surgery for, and administer self-injections to induce a false menopause.  Even then I only missed about two months of work, and my job as a nurse was pretty physically demanding. 

I just hope they tiptoe around this storyline.  Kirsten has had pretty severe health issues, and a focus on her weight seems the type of thing that could trigger her issues.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Or it's the show AJ'ing her [Maxie]. I wouldn't put it past the writers. Ugh.

The only writer I could see slipping something nasty in is Scott Sickles. Otherwise though, I don't think it's an AJ/SK situation.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And I was "pffft" with Valentin's threat to stop paying Nora. If she's that passionate about representing OLIVIA, (not sure why she agreed), then she CAN continue to represent her if Valentin stops giving her the money. It's called PRO BONO.

Or Nora could just wash her hands of Valentin altogether. Yes, that means she loses his money, but she's not obligated to take every client who comes her way. What a dumb threat (so, TFGH). 

57 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

And let Miller show some quiet anguish instead of the sweating, pacing and mouthing off constantly.  I don't even care at this point who Sam chooses, I just want her to act a little more interested.  Maybe she could slap Miller around a little and tell him that he's not the only one really struggling here.

But that's nuance, which the writers hate.

2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

The only writer I could see slipping something nasty in is Scott Sickles. Otherwise though, I don't think it's an AJ/SK situation.

I hope not. There is an unfortunate precedent, though. 

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2

If I was Ava, when Carly put her on blast in front of Jason for Morgan's death, I would have countered by asking whether she had informed Jason about her and Sonny's roles in AJ's death.  Sure, Jason probably wouldn't care, but at least she'd have tried to stick the knife in.

So Oscar's mom *coughitstotallyTamaraBrauncough* doesn't know that his girlfriend has a "coffee importer" for a stepfather.  I hope she at least expresses some apprehension/disgust about that before she decides that Sonny is the bee's knees.

Oh, and Oscar's mystery dad was in the military?  Will this tie back to all the soldier references we (grossly) got when Drew was Jake(son)?  Will Chet recognize Jason's face?

Shut up, Carly.  Her smug happiness and unbearable hypocrisy makes me ill.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8

One of the reasons I utterly loathe Carly is that when she's winning and feeling happy (her Jason is back!) instead of live and let live, she goes after other people with even more venom.  She really has no redeeming qualities.

At this point I really really really want BM to be the real Jason.  Just to rub Carly's, Sonny's and Diane's face in it.

If Jason is really that non-judgemental, he shouldn't go judgemental on Ava. Yeah, right.  Oh look, who could he possible be encountering at Ronbin's footbridge?

9 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

ISo Oscar's mom *coughitstotallyTamaraBrauncough* doesn't know that his girlfriend has a "coffee importer" for a stepfather.  I hope she at least express some apprehension/disgust about that before she decides that Sonny is the bee knees.

Not on this show.  It's full steam ahead Mob Hospital again.

• Love 10

Whenever I see Steve Burton alone at the end of the opening credits, I wonder how Maurice Benard feels about that. Heh.

Joss bought into the Jason-Burton-is-the-real-Jason party line quickly. I'm surprised she even cares, given how little interaction she's historically had with the Jasons and how Jax feels about them.

LOL at Nelle's amazement that her gossip has to be vetted. What a ding dong.

Ugh, again with Sonny whining that Jason Miller wasn't far enough up his ass, so he couldn't be the real Jason. It's so pathetic.

• Love 6

Today was a textbook example of everything that is wrong with Carly. She's a venomous hypocritical shrew who casts aspersions on everyone she feels is beneath her, gloats in her own superiority, then happily skips off to her men who reinforce all of her awful qualities and think she's fantastic. I think I hate her more than anyone else on this show, despite her having tough competition from other contemptible characters (looking at you, Franco). She just gets under my skin like none other. 

Jason was so righteously indignant at Ava for her role in Morgan's death, I'm sure he'll have the same reaction when he learns the details of AJ's murder, right? Or he'll blink stoically and instantly tell Sonny it's okay, one or the other.

Joss and Oscar were cute today, very age appropriate behavior and very sweet. I like that they're normal kids. I'm not fully invested in Oscar's dad's story but I am hoping maybe his mom will turn out to be crazy and will drown Carly in the gravy bowl on Thanksgiving or something.

• Love 14
21 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL at Nelle's amazement that her gossip has to be vetted. What a ding dong.

I was even more amazed that she said there had been no picture on the column until there was talk of a book deal. Have the writers already forgotten that Amy stole Nathan's picture and put it on the column without his consent? Have they forgotten that Nathan finding out his picture was on her columns was (excuse the yelling) HOW THE WHOLE  %&*#!@! MAN LANDERS STORY STARTED???????

• Love 6

How could Oscar's mother not know who Joss' stepfather is?  I thought he was the famest person Port Charles.

26 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Ugh, again with Sonny whining that Jason Miller wasn't far enough up his ass, so he couldn't be the real Jason. It's so pathetic.

This is why I have little sympathy  for SBJason and his sad, sad eyes when he sees Sam and the kids.  He chose Sonny and Carly over Jake and it sounds like he would make the same choice with Danny and Scout. He wants Sam but he's not willing to be the father she needs for her children. Michael was the perfect child for him because it came under helping Carly and Sonny; he didn't have to change his priorities at all.

Sonny and Carly are the biggest babies on this show.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, Linny said:

Today was a textbook example of everything that is wrong with Carly. She's a venomous hypocritical shrew who casts aspersions on everyone she feels is beneath her, gloats in her own superiority, then happily skips off to her men who reinforce all of her awful qualities and think she's fantastic.

And the harping on Ava's looks - that she basically has no value now that she is "deformed" - is particularly gross.  So yes, I hope Oscar's mom *coughitsTamsyallcough* throws some scalding cranberry sauce in Carly's face.

• Love 10

I'm already bored by this "exposing Man Landers" story. *yawn* 

Edited: Carly's definitely going to become scarred, right? She's a little too happy about Ava being disfigured. 

Edited by Box305
  • Love 2

No one talk to me for 8 days. Jason's fucking face when he sees Robin on the bridge. MY FEELS CANNOT HANDLE THIS REUNION. @GHScorpiosRule, it's happening!

Also, I call BS on Carly knowing what the bridge means to Jason/about the bridge because she wouldn't be so pleasant about it if she did. Heh.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And the harping on Ava's looks - that she basically has no value now that she is "deformed" - is particularly gross. 

It's gross, but it's in character. Carly has no problem hitting below the belt every time.

I was pleasantly surprised they didn't have Ava slap Carly.

ETA: The SID TV ad trumpeting the "turning point for the two Jasons and the women who love them" totally cracked me up, because they showed Elizabeth, Sam, and Robin. No Carly!

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

If I was Ava, when Carly put her on blast in front of Jason for Morgan's death, I would have countered by asking whether she had informed Jason about her and Sonny's roles in AJ's death.  Sure, Jason probably wouldn't care, but at least she'd have tried to stick the knife in.

I don't think Ava is necessarily the right person to drop that info

• Love 4

Why do television characters always take their pregnancy tests to the living room to read them?  I have read my fare share of pee sticks, and not once did I take it out of the bathroom, much less sit it down on my coffee table.  Also, it might say 3 minutes, but it usually takes way less time then that.  With my daughter, it literally lit up the positive sign almost immediately.  Setting a timer for 3 actual minutes, like somehow the thing will be blank for 2 minutes and 59 seconds, then ding, response.  

That's pretty much all I got out of today's episode!!  That and Ava's white shirt over black bra nonsense that so many tv women love to do (Tea Leoni/Madam Secretary)

31 minutes ago, rur said:

I was even more amazed that she said there had been no picture on the column until there was talk of a book deal. Have the writers already forgotten that Amy stole Nathan's picture and put it on the column without his consent? Have they forgotten that Nathan finding out his picture was on her columns was (excuse the yelling) HOW THE WHOLE  %&*#!@! MAN LANDERS STORY STARTED???????

Actually, I think this is somewhat accurate.  There was no picture until Amy stole that photo of Nathan and used it.  She was already writing the blog up to that point.  When Nathan asked her to take it down (I think they were sitting at Kelly's at the time) she said something about a book and asked him to let it play out a little longer.  

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It's gross, but it's in character. Carly has no problem hitting below the belt every time.

And this is the show's primary "heroine", its loving matriarch.  Barf barf barf-ity barf!

• Love 6
30 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

She may have chronologically aged, but this is the same awful shrew who threw Robin's HIV status up in her face and told her she'd never be able to give Jason a child. 

Horrid, horrid woman.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I was hoping that too. And/or (if Ava knew the history), she could point out Carly did the same damn thing with AJ, when she drugged him and set him up as a drunk. But then I was glad Ava kept AJ out of it, given that she framed him for murder and kind of goaded Sonny into shooting him. She's smarter than I am.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Linny said:

Today was a textbook example of everything that is wrong with Carly. She's a venomous hypocritical shrew who casts aspersions on everyone she feels is beneath her, gloats in her own superiority, then happily skips off to her men who reinforce all of her awful qualities and think she's fantastic. I think I hate her more than anyone else on this show, despite her having tough competition from other contemptible characters (looking at you, Franco). She just gets under my skin like none other. 

Jason was so righteously indignant at Ava for her role in Morgan's death, I'm sure he'll have the same reaction when he learns the details of AJ's murder, right? Or he'll blink stoically and instantly tell Sonny it's okay, one or the other.

Joss and Oscar were cute today, very age appropriate behavior and very sweet. I like that they're normal kids. I'm not fully invested in Oscar's dad's story but I am hoping maybe his mom will turn out to be crazy and will drown Carly in the gravy bowl on Thanksgiving or something.

Personally, if the rumors are true and Tamara Braun is going to play his mom, I'm hoping Ted King is going to play his dad. And yes, I'm aware I'm probably alone on that one. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Perkie said:

Actually, I think this is somewhat accurate.  There was no picture until Amy stole that photo of Nathan and used it.  She was already writing the blog up to that point.  When Nathan asked her to take it down (I think they were sitting at Kelly's at the time) she said something about a book and asked him to let it play out a little longer.  

You may  be right, but the picture had already been out there before he knew about it, and I prefer to believe that the writers are just pulling stuff out of their nether regions when it comes to that storyline, so . . . I'll just let my free-floating hatred -- that's usually directed at men who've dyed their hair but persist in sporting graying scruff -- head toward the writers every now and then for their various minor offenses. 

• Love 3

There is no way that Ava was going to bring that up as she goaded Sonny into killing AJ in part to cover up the fact that she was the one that really killed Connie/Kate. At least not in front of Griffin who has  no clue about all the stuff Ava has done since coming to Port Charles.

I wish the show would drop with Ava having such a horrible scar because I didn't even see it today, and yet Ava whined about it to Griffin to guilt him into doing the surgery and then Carly to rub it in Ava's face.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 2

Well, I'm bummed.  I was hoping for at least some kind of drama and/or mixed emotions from Sonny and Carly toward Ava.  Jason, as well.  All due to the fact that Ava was the one who saved Jason from the clinic.  I really wanted to them to be conflicted about her since she had brought him back to them.  Like, they still hate her, but have to show at least some modicum of gratitude to her for saving him.  But of course Sonny and Carly remain steadfast in their hatred of Ava.  And of course Jason immediately flips from pro-Ava to anti-Ava once he hears about Morgan.  Doesn't even try to hear her side of things.  Carly's testimony of what she did to Morgan has to rule all.

These writers are so far up all three of their asses, it's disgusting.  And unless the right writer comes along, that is never going to change.

Edited by Star Aristille
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, LillyB said:

Be still, my J&R loving heart, Jason will never look at Snarly the way he looks at Robin.

THIS!!! Even though I we didn’t see Robin, Jason has only lit up and smiled at ONE PERSON as he did in the last 10 seconds today and EVER. And that is Robin.

SheBeast is SO GROSS, Not to mention PATHETIC, with her “I Love You” to Jason, but saying with her eyes and thinking Please!Please! Say you LOOOVE Meeeee Like THAT tooooo! And Jason gives her the perfunctory “I love you too.” His reaction and half assed responses are the only things that keep my head from exploding.?????

• Love 8