Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, stlbf said:

It baptism, I honestly think that it all depends on the priest. I had a friend whose first choice for godmother for her baby was denied. As said friend wasn't RC. But another friend whose choice for godmother was a practicing Wiccan and she was ok'd. The choice for  that baby's godfather was RC though.

Of course Jason is the bestest dad eva! He drops his boys off his mother's.  He disappeared from his oldest son's brothers' lives after swearing to be there  for them. 

You can be gay and be a Catholic in good standing. You just need to not have sex! *Courtney eyeroll* And maybe there was a bit of "don't ask, don't tell" going on too.

When has Liz been disrespectful to Sam/Danny/Baby Emily?  Outside of the stupid Franco is good now? Which isn't disrespect in my view, just terrible writers. Has she told Jason to keep Jake away from his thug of a stepmother? Nope. Has she threatened Sam or Sam's kids? Nope. Jason and Sam have no say in Liz's love life. Franco has no legal issues pending. Sam can insist on Franco stay away from herself, her kids and her home. Jason can't prove that Liz is a bad parent. Nor does he have a legal reason to keep Franco away from Jake. Don't even bringbup the killing parts. Jason is a hitman. If Jason has lingering anger issues over his identity issue with Liz, then he should see his own therapist.  But he really hasn't expressed much lately. Fact remains this: he can't control who Liz allows to spend time with her kids when they are with her. Unless he can prove something to a judge and get an order. He doesn't want Franco around Jake when Jason has him, that is fine. Believe me, I have divorced friends who would love to be able tell their ex who can be around their kids. Or how they should parent. But it ain't gonna happen. So Jason's feelings on Franco doesn't matter one god damn bit.

If Jason has ALL of his memories then he knows his and Sam's shit, stinks.  I hate Franco and don't want him any where near Elizabeth or her boys, but FV is bound and determined to make the character relevant.

There goes another story that Franco/RoHo is about to suck away from Elizabeth and Jason.  Jake is on prop duty for FV's pets.  This entire story should have nothing to do with Franco, because Elizabeth has been an artist on this show for almost two decades and can help her son along with Andre.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ulkis said:

Today was a classic Franco scene. And by classic, I mean the epitome of what's wrong with him. Comes into the diner to interrupt his pseudo daughter making out with someone, and then babbling to her and making what's wrong with a 10 year old all about him and his needs.

The worst thing about that scene was I think the writers thought a) it was funny how Franco barged into Dillon and Lauren's kiss, and b) ooh, he cares so much about Jake, what a great guy. Which, big fat nope on both of those. 

3 hours ago, ulkis said:

Anyway, really? She's crying over some guy she hasn't seen since high school and who she only saw for two seconds having a girlfriend? Grow up lady.

That was so bizarre. I can see Amy being disappointed that Dillon has a girlfriend, but tears? Once again, an adult (supposedly™ Silas Clay) is being written as junior high schooler. Ugh. 

3 hours ago, ulkis said:

(isn't he old enough to say "therapist"?

André was talking to Jake like he was 5 or 6, and isn't Jake supposed to be 8 or 9? I wouldn't be surprised if the writers wrote him whatever age the particular scene needed him to be.

• Love 5

As soon as Dillon walked through the door, I knew exactly where this story was headed.  These writers are terrible.  Is there nothing better they can think up besides this Saved By The Bell bullshit? Embarrassingly offended and offensively embarrassed for all involved, including myself.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I didn't see today, but am I to believe they retconned Amy 2.0 as being a high school classmate of Dillon's?  So random, so stupid!  What is with the push to make her happen all of a sudden?

No, Show. you will NOT make me sympathetic to Amy 2.0.

Show will finally drop the shoe that Jax paid for Joss' kidney, paid off Frank, and sent back Nelle's letters without Carly's knowledge. That should qualify as the same Degree of Bad Things That Affect Sonny as Ava tampering with Morgan's meds, but it will All Be Nelle's Fault for seeking revenge. It should still be Nelle's fault for not following through and going nuclear instead of backing off at the last minute, but that would mean Sonny Would Lose.

Okay, who let the Real Writer on Show to pen the Tracy/Laura scenes? Many tissues into play. However, that letter seemed a little too pristine for decades of saving in a monastery. I'm still wondering if it's still all a scam.

Julian's alive, but he's still going to have to pay even though he was doing thing under duress because Reasons and Sonny Must Win.

13 hours ago, Vyk said:

Um . . . I thought Ned hated his father.  I had a WTF?! look on my face when they hugged after Larry congratulated him on his engagement to Olivia.

I think you're confusing Ned Hate with Sam Hate.

Sam Hate is ten minutes of ranting how Evul her father is, adding five minutes every time someone tried to interrupt her hate.

Ned Hate has simmered to annoyance and No Money For You - Next!

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Fellaway said:

Wouldn't Dillon and Amy 2.0 have met up at last year's Nurses' Ball?  Or, did they just keep missing each other in that cast of thousands and in the vast labyrinth that is the Metrocourt Ballroom's backstage, much as star-crossed lovers do?

Heck, how many times has Dillion been to GH? They kept missing each other? Everyone sees everyone there.

15 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I love how Amy 2.0 is randomly living with Kristina and now has an equally random connection to Dillon. Show, it doesn't work that way!

I'm waiting for Amy 2.0 to be Carly's new assistant, Nina's new Editor at Crimson, and Sonny's new enforcer.

• Love 8
16 hours ago, OhioSongbird said:

Uh, Sam....LA is the furthest (farthest?) away you can get and still be in the US?  There are these two new states named Hawaii and Alaska.  They be juuuust a tad more out of the way.

Just using a bus and without a passport? I'd say San Diego.

15 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I didn't see today, but am I to believe they retconned Amy 2.0 as being a high school classmate of Dillon's?  So random, so stupid!  What is with the push to make her happen all of a sudden?

Um...she's pretty? I got nothing

• Love 1
(edited)

Amy is pretty....flaky but pretty.

Wardrobe has stepped up their game lately.  Liz' blouse, Hayden's red shirt and tulip skirt, Amy's blouse and more.  LW was workin' those jeans.

Whataya think maybe Lord Larry is the buyer and Tracy doesn't know it?  Course he can't afford it but it makes Tracy pony up the cash to the monastery  and they split the money with Larry.   He knows Tracy will give anything to keep the painting.  What little I have seen and heard of him (wasn't around in his early years) I wouldn't put it past him.

Just speculating......

Edited by OhioSongbird
....to clarify what I really meant to say....
  • Love 1

LOLOL! They really made Quasimodo Cassadine the fucking Hunchback in Anna's weepy ridiculous retelling of her pity fucking Valentin.  Oh, but it wasn't a pity fuck! She cared about him and she didn't want to kill him, she made it easy for him to flee!  Just let Anna be the damned villain show! Let her be the treacherous double agent she fucking was!  All of this damned energy focused on a stupid story where she's the victim TOO.

I also get the impression I was supposed to be impressed or something by Sonny confronting Nelle again. Instead, as per usual, it was both boring and laughable.  Along with Michael and Joss's talk, and Jax groveling to Carly about another stupid rewrite.  Just as IF Jax would pay Frank Benson to find a kidney for Joss.  These writers spend NO TIME thinking about the story they're writing. Jax is not poor, he would have EASILY had a fleet staff hunting down a kidney for purchase, not randomly offering the job to Frank Benson.

Ugh. This show. No guts, certainly no glory but overflowing with stupidity.

• Love 8

Nelle needs to wake up and realize Frank is the one to blame for the loss of her kidney. Jax made him a horrible offer out of desperation; Frank accepted the offer and sold out his daughter due to pure greed. Nelle isn't a kid anymore, it's time to admit that her dad was terrible. I could feel sympathy for her if she'd stop acting like Frank stole her kidney because he had a gun to his head, when really he just wanted his million bucks.

Anna and Valentin's storyline is unnecessarily convoluted, probably because the writers are making it up as they go along. After one night talking, she had real feelings for him? It's so dumb. But dammit, their chemistry pulls me in every time. I guess I'm okay with things being stupid if the actors are on their game.

Normally I like The Misadventures of Scott Baldwin, but today didn't do much for me. +1 to Dante though for calling him on his bluff.

I swear we've heard a similar exchange where Michael is asked who takes care of him. I really wish Michael had a personality outside of the noble martyr of the family.

• Love 7

Oh, GOD, I'm tired of Anna/Valentin scenes.

I don't know why I was surprised that Dante would attend the supervised visits with Nelle, but it did.

I love how they completely ignored the fact that the same day Jake was run over by Luke was the first time anyone knew Joss needed a kidney. There's no way the timing works out for Nelle to be the donor. There are a ton of tests that have to be done, not to mention the actual operation to remove the donor kidney.

I do buy that Jax knew Frank had been in contact with Carly over the years. That sounds like something Jax would keep track of. She probably mentioned it once or twice and he took it from there.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:

However, that letter seemed a little too pristine for decades of saving in a monastery. I'm still wondering if it's still all a scam.

Agreed.  And Edward probably changed his will several times.  I doubt he cut Tracy out that long ago.  The letter wrapped up too neatly in a bow that after years of undermining Tracy's business abilities that Edward suddenly approves.  I don't think that kind of closure occurs in real life (which I know this ain't).

17 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't know why I was surprised that Dante would attend the supervised visits with Nelle, but it did.

What? Lulu doesn't even rate Valentin, the parent, to be at the supervised visit - it's Lulu, Charlotte, the court-appointed supervisor and the two-day-hired nanny?!

38 minutes ago, Vella said:

Just as IF Jax would pay Frank Benson to find a kidney for Joss.  These writers spend NO TIME thinking about the story they're writing. Jax is not poor, he would have EASILY had a fleet staff hunting down a kidney for purchase, not randomly offering the job to Frank Benson.

Frank Benson was some drunk schmoe.  Why would Jax even think that a man like that could procure him a kidney?  If Frank worked at a hospital or something medically related, ok, but otherwise, what?  And what luck that Nelle just coincidentally matched Josslyn.  And no mention of how this makes Jax look like a complete douche that he knew Jake wasn't the donor but let Liz and Carly think he was.  

Sometimes I want to punch show in the face.  

• Love 13
15 minutes ago, LexieLily said:
34 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

What? Lulu doesn't even rate Valentin, the parent, to be at the supervised visit - it's Lulu, Charlotte, the court-appointed supervisor and the two-day-hired nanny?!

(Rereading my quote I see it's all over the place grammatically. Sorry!)

Lulu was at the PCPD to remind Dante about the visit and not to be late. I was under the impression the initial visits, at least, would be with Lulu only, and once Charlotte got used to her, Dante would be introduced

• Love 2
(edited)
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Lulu was at the PCPD to remind Dante about the visit and not to be late. I was under the impression the initial visits, at least, would be with Lulu only, and once Charlotte got used to her, Dante would be introduced

If it's going at the rate it will take Charlotte to get used to Lulu, Dante will never be introduced to his stepdaughter. Have they ever spoken?

Is this supposed to be the first visit? How long has it been in GH-time since the custody hearing?

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It's only Lulu Charlotte insta-hates. Obrecht could come in to the room and Charlotte would run to her like she was Robin in an Asian Quarter flashback.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 12
34 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Frank Benson was some drunk schmoe.  Why would Jax even think that a man like that could procure him a kidney?  If Frank worked at a hospital or something medically related, ok, but otherwise, what?  And what luck that Nelle just coincidentally matched Josslyn.  And no mention of how this makes Jax look like a complete douche that he knew Jake wasn't the donor but let Liz and Carly think he was.  

Add to that: while ALL this was happening, somehow Helena found out and decided "this is my opportunity to kidnap Jake for reasons."  So, to sum up:

- On the same night Joss was diagnosed Jax reached out to his wife adoptive father--who she hadn't seen since childhood--to procure a kidney for his daughter.

- Meanwhile, on the other side of town, Luke mows down Jake while Liz reads the longest DNA results letter in the history of science.

- As all this happens, Helena is on Port Charles.com and finds out about Jake and teleports her cronies to PC.

- While down in Florida, Frank decides "hey, Jan Brady lookalike who happens to be my daughter and zero biological connection to Josslyn, let's go to the hospital and have you give up one of your kidneys that I just know will match and thereby make me some money."

- Somehow--again, time portal--that kidney gets to GH while Jake is in surgery with a surgeon on Helena's payroll, apparently.

-  Frank calls Jax, tells him his daughter's kidney is being Fed Ex'd to him for HIS daugther's kidney and 'where's ma money, dude?'

-  Jax goes eleventy years (or whatever) and hides all these facts not just from Carly, but from his friend, Elizabeth.

OK, GH, sure, sure.  Sounds totally plausible to me.

• Love 20

Let's not forget that Elizabeth and Jax shared a daughter and would have been a half sibling to Jake and Josselyn.  Oh, wait, I am sure those clowns over at GH already have this information!  My bad.  Nope.  I don't think those tools know the ins and outs of GH history and only twist crap one episode at a time.

Amy is beautiful, but she was at the nurses ball last year along with Dillon!  

We need new writers and EP that know the show and not snippets that they find on the internet.

• Love 1
(edited)
24 minutes ago, Darklazr said:

Amy is beautiful, but she was at the nurses ball last year along with Dillon!  

Shhh! You're supposed to forget about that like the writers did!

The Anna/Valentin stuff is so bad. I can't believe I was ever intrigued but them. It's all just so cringe-worthy. I get a full body shiver every time JPS starts crying. Anna's outfit and hair were a real source of second hand embarrassment for me today, too.

The Jax stuff is so stupid but also just amazingly boring so I can barely even care about how illogical it is.

I barely remember anything else.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3

I thought they were going to do an "Alex hurt Valentin, not Anna" twist.  Instead, Anna hurt him, after all.

Fail.

At least it was good that Nelle hit Sonny with the words with which someone should've hit him for years now.

Ava's scenes with Scott still have me scratching my head that she didn't just put Morgan's pills in her purse the moment she got them from Lucy.  It's really her own fault the PCPD has them, not the masked robbers.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Jax has had terrible stories for years, so it's nothing new. IR might as well score some bucks when he's in L.A.

Ingo and Ehiku have moved back to LA on a permanent (for the moment) basis.  He's been working on a cable show in addition to these GH appearances.  

1 minute ago, Vyk said:

I thought they were going to do an "Alex hurt Valentin, not Anna" twist.

Finola was playing the scenes so strangely, that I too kept thinking "she" would tell her whole story, than go to the door, open it, and Anna would be on the other side.  And Valentin would be all "wuh?"  And they would explain that Anna had a twin Alex, and she was the one who hurt Valentin and they would all live happily ever after.  But then that didn't happen, and was all "wuh?"

• Love 7

So are we just erasing Jake being run down by a car and brought in to the hospital during this time? Ok great. Also Jax called Frank Benson and he automatically knew Nelle was a match? Ugh this is dumb. As someone said above, no tests, no hospital for Nelle? Get your money Ingo! 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

FH was totally playing it so oddly.

Right?    At one point I thought it was all Valentin's dream.  Than I thought Alex.  Then I thought, stupid writing.  I guess the last one won.  

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Bwill3133 said:

So are we just erasing Jake being run down by a car and brought in to the hospital during this time? Ok great. Also Jax called Frank Benson and he automatically knew Nelle was a match? Ugh this is dumb. As someone said above, no tests, no hospital for Nelle? Get your money Ingo! 

I'm okay with hand waving away the crap Guza penned in 2011 to get rid of little Jake and fire Elizabeth/BH.  This all could have been avoided if Guza had simply written Elizabeth to leave town with her sons.  But no, she and Jake had be to fodder, yet again, for Burton, Jackson and Geary to get all the undeserved story out of it.  

I don't like that FV/Jelly are pinning this on Jax now, but I'm willing to hand wave this stupid re-write as well.  Ingo was what got me started watching GH back in 1996.  

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Bwill3133 said:

Jax called Frank Benson and he automatically knew Nelle was a match

Jax, knows of Frank's existence because of all the letters to Carly for money.  Knows Frank is hard up for cash and will do anything for it.  So Jax, instead of contacting evil brother Jerry, who probably has eleventy seven black market organ donor scams going on at any given time, and could get him a kidney for free, instead contacts Frank.  Who likely knows nothing about organ donation, since he's  a drunk schmoe.  But tells Frank that he'll give him a million dollars if he finds him a kidney.  Frank somehow gets Nelle tested.  Lo and behold Nelle is a match, so Frank has her sliced open and un-kidneyed.  Than Jax pays to have Frank send the kidney to PC for Joss.  All while Jake is "dying" and everyone is being told that he's the donor.  

Ok, there's a lot that I'm willing to accept as a soap viewer.  Weather machines, I'm there.  Aliens in the garage, get me some popcorn.  Latex face masks, bring it on.  Retconning a story this hard, sorry not gonna happen. 

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Jax, knows of Frank's existence because of all the letters to Carly for money.  Knows Frank is hard up for cash and will do anything for it.  So Jax, instead of contacting evil brother Jerry, who probably has eleventy seven black market organ donor scams going on at any given time, and could get him a kidney for free, instead contacts Frank.  Who likely knows nothing about organ donation, since he's  a drunk schmoe.  But tells Frank that he'll give him a million dollars if he finds him a kidney.  Frank somehow gets Nelle tested.  Lo and behold Nelle is a match, so Frank has her sliced open and un-kidneyed.  Than Jax pays to have Frank send the kidney to PC for Joss.  All while Jake is "dying" and everyone is being told that he's the donor.  

Ok, there's a lot that I'm willing to accept as a soap viewer.  Weather machines, I'm there.  Aliens in the garage, get me some popcorn.  Latex face masks, bring it on.  Retconning a story this hard, sorry not gonna happen. 

That's how I feel. It's happened though so I better get over it. 

• Love 3

Jax shoulda been like, "sorry Carly, but honestly, from where I'm standing, you and Sonny breaking up was an unexpected bonus got you." What the heck with all this "I can understand if you can never forgive me" crud.

When did Joss lean to love "Uncle Sonny" so much? She never lived with him before Sonny and Carly got married. And please, please stop having her call him Uncle Sonny. It sounds absurd.

Scott's crotchety arm wave to Ava before he went to look for the pills was funny.

I still think this is Alex.

I can't believe these two preppies are Carly's kids. Maybe if they were mean preppies I could believe it. As it is, I like Laura Wright, but I kinda of really wanted Sarah Brown to come marching into Kelly's and be all, "GET THE HELL UP YOU TWO PIECES OF SPOILED TRASH! YOU TWO JUST THINK YOU'RE LITTLE ANGELS, DON'T YOU, DON'T YOU. SHUT THE HELL UP AND GO MAKE ME DINNER."

anyway, at some point Michael sounds less neutral and more like a condescending tool when he tells Joss neither Sonny nor Carly are perfect. Just say, "I understand you're mad at Sonny but they're usually both at fault."

Nelle and Sonny. I wish I could root for Nelle but she's just so meh.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Same here. We never saw Anna/Alex leave Windemere, right?

8 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Nelle and Sonny. I wish I could root for Nelle but she's just so meh.

I root for Nelle here because it's so gross Sonny is going around town haranguing a 24-year-old woman.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Perkie said:

Amen.  This story has more holes than all the cheese in Switzerland.  

When they were talking to Andre did Liz or Jason tell him about what Helena had done to Lucky?  She held him for 2 years and brainwashed him.  Helena had Jake from the age of 4 until he was 8? years old.  They know she messed with his head it would be good for Andre to know about Lucky.  Also it would be good history lesson for newer viewers and a reminder for us old timers.

• Love 4
(edited)

Whole lot of holding pattern today. Ava: "I need those pills!" Anna: "I remember now! I didn't remember before!" Valentin: "You always remembered!" Endless convoluted background on their spy games from the...'80s? '90s? I'm not sure when the hell all that was going on. Sonny: "You're gonna get yours." Nelle: "Carly done me wrong when she sliced me open and took my kidney away, and I have no regrets." Michael's still sweet on Nelle. Lulu: "I never knew I had a daughter! Valentin kept her from me!" Carly yelling at one of her husbands that he lied to her, and "kept the secret for [length of time]. My God, [husband], what were you thinking?" The husband kissing her ass, asking for forgiveness.    

It was a very "introductory" episode. You could have never seen General Hospital before, plopped down on the couch and watched this one cold, and you'd be all caught up on every character who was in it. The only thing missing was Nina showing up at Wyndemere and asking what Anna was doing there, Anna saying "I was just leaving," and Valentin mollifying Nina and promising that he and Anna are done now.

Then you'd just have to see one more episode and figure out Fayden, Friz, Killon, Jasam, and Julexis...all of which would also only take one episode.  

However.  However. I did enjoy it much more than yesterday. This is probably one for the unpopular opinions, but I pretty much hate any and every foreign-intrigue story on GH. I was not around for the Asian Quarter story of yore; maybe it was great. But all the more recent ones, up to and including this Turkey jaunt, blech. I think some of what takes me out of it is the budgetary strictures now, which I know cannot be helped. But I imagine daytime soaps always had day players doing horrible accents between their wait-staff gigs.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Lillybee said:

does anyone give a fuck about the child who died on the scrubs operating table?  And who is buried in "Jake's" grave

And who got that kidney?  Because apparently Joss didn't get it, so Patrick had to have put it in someone when he took it out of "Jake".  

• Love 7

At least it was good that Nelle hit Sonny with the words with which someone should've hit him for years now.

Can someone elaborate?  I haven't watched in 2 years but I always enjoy Sonny getting a good verbal smack down.

• Love 2

I just can't with the Anna/Alix Valentin yarn. He seems so spazzy with his face gestures and eyebrows in particular. She seems to be sneaking up on him, stalking him. I can't decide who is the predator and who is the predatee. It is bizarre and uncomfortable, not romantic at all. ugh. shiver.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:
16 hours ago, Perkie said:

Add to that: while ALL this was happening, somehow Helena found out and decided "this is my opportunity to kidnap Jake for reasons."  So, to sum up:

- On the same night Joss was diagnosed Jax reached out to his wife adoptive father--who she hadn't seen since childhood--to procure a kidney for his daughter.

- Meanwhile, on the other side of town, Luke mows down Jake while Liz reads the longest DNA results letter in the history of science.

- As all this happens, Helena is on Port Charles.com and finds out about Jake and teleports her cronies to PC.

- While down in Florida, Frank decides "hey, Jan Brady lookalike who happens to be my daughter and zero biological connection to Josslyn, let's go to the hospital and have you give up one of your kidneys that I just know will match and thereby make me some money."

- Somehow--again, time portal--that kidney gets to GH while Jake is in surgery with a surgeon on Helena's payroll, apparently.

-  Frank calls Jax, tells him his daughter's kidney is being Fed Ex'd to him for HIS daugther's kidney and 'where's ma money, dude?'

-  Jax goes eleventy years (or whatever) and hides all these facts not just from Carly, but from his friend, Elizabeth.

OK, GH, sure, sure.  Sounds totally plausible to me.

This whole plot is ending up like an assembled IKEA workdesk: Hey, I found a few extra parts, but according to the plans, it's finished.

I still don't buy that Joss was all-of-a-sudden the Perfect Match.

16 hours ago, OhioSongbird said:

Why exactly is the evidence room ...unlocked?

How else would Not!Sonny!Jason!Carly!Associates get into the room and stumble for evidence?

12 hours ago, ulkis said:

I hate Show for making me listen and parse dialogue, because I know it can go into DGAF Mode so quickly, but the twin scenario is still in play, especially if Valentin grabs her and Whoever-Finola-Is-Playing isn't bruised or bleeds due to her sickness. That would actually give Show kudos for working in Chekov's Product Placement Cancer Treatment.

• Love 5
(edited)

Yeah, I'm a little tired of the Anna/Valentin mind games now too. Can we just fast-forward to the part where Nina sees them having sex and it destroys her? 

This whole plot is ending up like an assembled IKEA workdesk: Hey, I found a few extra parts, but according to the plans, it's finished.

GOLD.  

Can someone elaborate?  I haven't watched in 2 years but I always enjoy Sonny getting a good verbal smack down

I'm not sure which one the OP is referring to, but she did get a few good lines in, and didn't act afraid of him. She did "smug, over-it bitch" pretty well. I think maybe the jab in question was something about Carly's selfishness. Take your pick of the two below, though.

Well, it's the truth, Sonny. But you guys don't care about anyone. You just want to ruin everyone's lives. You get what you want, take what you want. That's all that matters to you. Everything you're saying about Carly and me, it's all about you. Well, you know what? I learned from the master -- your wife. Or is it your ex-wife now?

You -- you think that the sun rises and sets on that woman. I had to listen to you go on and on about how great you think Carly is. But you know what? I mean... do you just turn a blind eye to her selfishness, or do you actually -- do you actually admire it? You know what? You two deserve each other. And you can suffer side by side

He also said something to her about how he's sure she did a good con job on Nina to get the nanny job, and she said actually it was Bobbie who was responsible for her getting the job. (Bobbie went on a "My niece would never want that woman caring for her daughter!" rant, and Nina hired Nelle in part out of spite. But also because Charlotte "loves" Nelle, as she loves everyone except Lulu.) 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 4

Caught the tail end of a 70's  flick"One Is A Lonely Number,"on Turner Classics, co-starring a young Jane Elliot, who in her twenties, looked remarkably like that lady in that painting!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Mrs. Stanwyck said:

I wish people in general were able to say crappy things to and about Sonny.  With Edward gone and Tracey leaving, is there anyone left who will?

Ava, but of course she's OMG TEH EVUL and has no right to say anything bad, given her record. 

For years no one has been able to say crappy things about Sonny and have it mean anything.

• Love 2
(edited)

He lied about sleeping with his babysitter. This barely registers on the list of terrible things that he's done - and it's boring. Plus, there's zero dramatic stakes because he didn't even sleep with her! I can't work up any outage over something that's this dumb. 

Why is my soap suddenly set in the 50s? I'm not looking for a church shoot-out, but babysitter shenanigans? Seriously?

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 9