Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

They're just building up to Sam being the Maid of Honor at Liz's wedding to Franco

Why did you put that out in the universe? Take it back right now! (shudder)

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Never.will.be.a.Scorpio.

He's a Lavery. That's part of the wider Devane-Scorpio gene pool. Bonus? He can marry Robin or Anna. (Sorry. I'm a little shameless about this. Plus I think the actor is beautiful, and he acquitted himself well on Supernatural, as young John Winchester -- a role originated by Jeffrey Dean Morgan.)

• Love 1

Hey, I wanted Liz to deliver the baby so she and Sam could reach detente, kill Franco in self-defense and then commiserate with Matt while they had a slow burn romance that wasn't actively repulsive 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 5

ACKNOWLEDGED UNPOPULAR OPINION: I never watched AMC or OLTL or whatever ABC show Howarth was on, so when he came to GH, I was not a fan girl. That said. I think he is a good actor who brings whimsy and soul to his scenes. I am ready to hand-wave the James Franco experiment and accept this actor on his own merits.

Was it dumb to re-cast him as FRANCO? Absolutely. Has he performed well since the recasting? Hell yes. He's one of the more watchable actor on this show and -- no really -- seems to care.

• Love 10

If Sam is a hypocrite for not giving a fuck about her piece of shit daddy, she came by it honestly from Alexis. Alexis used to give Sam many a lecture about dating Jason and other dangerous men. Alexis has kids by two mobsters and a mobster's sleazy brother. She also used to date the man that terrorized Sam and a boatload of people in the Metro Court hostage crisis and tried to poison the town.

Damn Sam for giving more fucks about her mom instead of the man that tried to kill her with the knife used to kill her grandmom in her mother's face.

This shit with Lulu was foul. She should just let Quasimodo and Ginger Bitch have that fucking brat. Ship them right the fuck off screen forever and ever.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, dr. gailey said:

This shit with Lulu was foul. She should just let Quasimodo and Ginger Bitch have that fucking brat. Ship them right the fuck off screen forever and ever.

To me, your proposal makes no sense. How would Lulu give up her child to the insano duo? What?

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, General Days said:

Plus I think the actor is beautiful, and he acquitted himself well on Supernatural, as young John Winchester -- a role originated by Jeffrey Dean Morgan.)

Haven't seen him in that role, but his beauty only goes so far for me. I don't think his acting is good at all on GH. It doesn't help that his character is extremely boring, to be fair.

Matt Cohen, on the other hand, has a super fun personality in real life.

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Lulu has been pushy with the kid she was deprived of for 10 years. She's annoying but she a stable parent of one child and is married to a police officer.

Valentin knowingly kept Lulu away from her daughter, held a group of people hostage (for no reason, since he apparently had Mikko's will), shot Kevin, murdered his nephew and then moved into his murder victim's house. Even if the charges were thrown out due to a technicality? The family court would care. Also? He is knowingly exposing his daughter to a dangerous, unstable woman with a history of crime and violence regarding children. 

These things are not equivalent.  

Lulu = stable? In what universe?  She has been divorced ffrom said husband, due to his cheating and jealousy, and her lying to him. They just got back and remarried after a few months after their Breakups and divorce. And in the end, she can't back her claims about Valentin.  He has only been a doting and devoted father to Charlotte. He has been her stability her entire life. Especially since the woman who is her legal mother, Claudette,  has died/disappeared.  Family courts hear wild and terrible accusations all the time.

The law hasn't caught up to science. I don't know why Nora didn't fight for the whole matter to be tossed. Legally, Claudette is Charlotte's mother. She has no relationship with Lulu. A woman who has repeatedly ignored Charlotte's obvious uncomfortableness with her. Lulu was told time and time again to slow down and ease in to a relationship. ER is playing Lulu's part as a woman determined to have her toy. Well, like it or not, that toy loves Valentin. And I'd she tries to sever that relationship,  Lulu loses. 

I still think that this whole court stuff is nonsense to destroy Laura and Lulu. Just to punish them for being related to Nik. Claudette is Charlotte's mother.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Haven't seen him in that role, but his beauty only goes so far for me. I don't think his acting is good at all on GH. It doesn't help that his character is extremely boring, to be fair.

Oh the writing for him (and so many others) has sucked, I I think the direction has also sucked (witness Laura Wright & Tonja Walker's cemetery scene), but that's not the actors' fault. Cohen can get the job done, provided they get writers and directors who know how to... make TV.

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

They're just building up to Sam being the Maid of Honor at Liz's wedding to Franco

I hate you.

45 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Never.will.be.a.Scorpio.

*fistbump*

• Love 1

I support Sam's being angry at Julian. If only more people were allowed to hold grudges against their dad for almost slitting someone's throat or shooting them in the chest or killing their other dad or blowing them up or obviously favoring one brother while treating them like an annoying nuisance (even if they kinda are one lol).

@General Days I don't agree with you about Franco but I give you props for making the post. :)

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 15
41 minutes ago, stlbf said:

Lulu = stable? In what universe?

Well, she's not a violent psychopath which isn't a qualification Valentin or Nina possess. She doesn't need to be married to be considered stable

And in the end, she can't back her claims about Valentin. Family courts hear wild and terrible accusations all the time.

They're hardly wild, unfounded claims. He was arrested and deported and there were multiple witnesses to his multiple crimes. And he wasn't exonerated, the charges were thrown out on a technicality. 

I don't know why Nora didn't fight for the whole matter to be tossed. Legally, Claudette is Charlotte's mother. She has no relationship with Lulu.

Even if they hadn't done DNA testing (which I hope was faked so this shitty story goes away) Valentin admitted that he's always known that Lulu was Charlotte's mother and he has intentionally deprived them both of that knowledge. That behavior would matter to a family court, it would have been damaging to his case.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I support Sam's being angry at Julian. If only more people were allowed to hold grudges against their dad for almost slitting someone's throat or shooting them in the chest or killing their other dad or blowing them up or obviously favoring one brother while treating them like an annoying nuisance (even if they kinda are one lol).

@General Days I don't agree with you about Franco but I give you props for making the post. :)

Thank you, ulkis. I find RoHo engaging. I understand the Franco history on this show. I just feel like Valentini & Cavalrati made a bad choice, sure, but I don't have to live with it, forever. So, it was the brain tumor? Whatever. I accepted Luke raping Laura. I later accepted the rape retcon. Later still, I accepted the, "No it was totally rape, look how upset Lucky is," story.

So, we get a good actor with a bad intro. Been there. Vomited that.

• Love 10

Yeah, but Franco and Luke aren't really equivalent. They didn't know what they had with TG or what TG/GF were capable of together. They admitted it was a mistake and spent a crap ton of time and effort attempting to course correct. Same thing happened with RoHo's Todd on OLTL

FV/RC took a popular actor and stuck him in this gross role with this gross history because they were arrogant and stupid. They wanted this specific character, and their history with problematic characters is problematic enough that I'm not willing to give them a pass on that. Largely because their "redemption" attempts for this character have been cursory, condescending bullshit. It's too late now to fix it with yet another attempt

RoHo's Franco isn't it the same league with TG's early Luke Spencer or even RoHo's early Todd. I imagine that RoHo is primarily supposed to be a draw for people who were fans of his OLTL and AtWT characters, but they're not seeing him do anything new or noteworthy in this role. This is an embarrassing downgrade in terms of both material and performance

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 12
4 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Yeah, but Franco and Luke aren't really equivalent. They didn't know what they had with TG or what TG/GF were capable of together. They admitted it was a mistake and spent a crap ton of time and effort attempting to course correct. Same thing happened with RoHo's Todd on OLTL

FV/RC took a popular actor and stuck him in this gross role with this gross history because they were arrogant and stupid. They wanted this specific character and their history with problematic characters is problematic enough that I'm not willing to give them a pass on that. Largely because their "redemption" attempts for this character have been cursory, condescending bullshit. It's too late now to fix it

Sorry Oracle42, but to me, Luke raping Laura, and yet them becoming the epic GH love story of all time, will always be more disgusting.

• Love 2

I've only seen Luke/Laura's 70s story on YouTube but I watched Franco in real time. We're going to have to agree to disagree on that one.

FV/RC weren't caught off guard by the charisma and talent of an unknown actor. Franco was a malevolent serial killing rapist who took joy in the pain he caused - and FV/RC knew that when they decided to recast with RoHo. I don't think they're entitled to have the fans accept that or forgive it 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 6

I meant what I said. Charlotte is more trouble than she is worth. I am sick of the victims on this show having to play nice with the people that inflicted harm on them cause Jelly write these lame ass vilians and then want to try to let them lead normal lives.

Fuck Ginger Bitch and Quasimodo. Just cause he is the one constant in that brat's life was of no fault of Lulu's. He stole her egg and fertilized it. She had no way of knowing she had a kid. That's like saying if Helena came back and took Jake, Liz should be fine with it cause she was the only mom he knew. Forget the bad shit everybody knows she has done.

Edited by dr. gailey
  • Love 7

I cannot stand Lulu, so was not too upset by the ruling. But, of course, Diane was a terrible lawyer who didn't mention any of Nina and Val's horrific crimes.

What I am still confused by is the statements that Val is the only father Charlotte has ever known.  As in, her entire life.  So then what was that stuff with Claud introducing her to the new father of the week? I don't recall Charlotte saying, hey, I already have a dad, whom I adore.  Who the fuck are you?

Has this ever been explained?

• Love 9

That is why this story is some bullshit. Charlotte got passed around like a collection plate when Claudette was in town. She got a new daddy every week. Charlotte just went along with it. Then Quasimodo showed up claiming to be the dad and suddenly Charlotte loves her papa.

Charlotte is so scarred from having the only mother she knows to die, yet her bratty ass loves the fuck out of Ginger Bitch. She has spent just as much time as Lulu had spent with her. Yet it is supposed to be totally believable that she loves her just as much as her father but hates Lulu's guts.

Lulu would be better off without that brat and her baggage. The one time it would have made sense to write in a damn pregnancy but they don't cause Lulu can't conceive. Yet we got a kid back from the dead that had no organs and countless dead mofos walking around town like shit hasn't happened.

• Love 10

As much as Diane/Nora/Judge/PFMs refuse to introduce Valentin's/Nina's misdeeds into the custody battle, it is rather karmic considering Georgie, the Spixie Baby. As Lulu was going "MAH BABY!", I was all, "And where was this with Maxie and Spinelli?"

The PFMs also forgot that Sonny is so deft at getting around Court-Ordered Supervisions by drugging feeding the Case Worker a big meal and threatening to make the co-parent disappear because.... of yeah, Dante has "morals".

Everyone lost out in the decision  (Valentin didn't get full custody and has to let Lulu visit), so I'm okay with this.

I don't mind Sam not insta-switching from "THAT SPERM DONOR IS NOT MY FATHER!" to "Best! Daddy! Evah!", considering Franco was given a virtual parade after breaking into the Baker home and beating the crap out of Seth rescuing Liz.

Did Olivia get shot in the hand or the arm?

Spoiler

It looks like she was recovered enough to be in the PCPD Pokey where she has to endure the usual Parade of Shame from each and every scorned member. Yay, FF Button!"

• Love 3

Yeah, there were multiple witnesses to Valentin's & Nina's crimes, and actual consequences for them because of it. Nina ripped a baby from a woman and then fled to Canada, crossing the border. That's federal charges all day long, even if she was allowed to go to the loony bin instead of jail. It is an IMPORTANT point - it shows the lengths to which she went to hang onto a child that wasn't hers. As far as Valentin - you've got Laura, Kevin (who was actually shot by this psycho), Sam, Jason, Lulu, Dante, and Ava as witnesses to what he did on CI. And back in PC, you've got Scummy, Jason, and Spencer as witnesses to him trying to kidnap a child also. Again, these are important points because it speaks to their stability and past criminal behaviors.

I can take or leave Lulu, but this story is piss poor and Jelly tryna make their pets seem viable when they're absolutely not is crap storytelling.

• Love 6

Liz knows andre and kevin but she has Franco help her so franci sounded like a pedophile when he was talking to jake.       what happened to valentim and anna.?      

does charlotte go to school.   how can she  be lulus daughter shes old than her son.   time means nothing on this show.

1 hour ago, NutmegsDad said:

As much as Diane/Nora/Judge/PFMs refuse to introduce Valentin's/Nina's misdeeds into the custody battle, it is rather karmic considering Georgie, the Spixie Baby. As Lulu was going "MAH BABY!", I was all, "And where was this with Maxie and Spinelli?"

But she WAS doing that during that custody trial, unless I'm misunderstanding your post.

I think @NutmegsDad is saying that during the trial over baby Georgie, Lulu wanted her even though she knew she was Maxie's baby yet now she's acting like she should get full custody because she's Charlotte's bio mom. I think the situations are quite different though, but I hated everyone in that idiotic baby Georgie story.

11 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Lulu has been pushy with the kid she was deprived of for 10 years. She's annoying but she a stable parent of one child and is married to a police officer.

Valentin knowingly kept Lulu away from her daughter, held a group of people hostage (for no reason, since he apparently had Mikko's will), shot Kevin, murdered his nephew and then moved into his murder victim's house. Even if the charges were thrown out due to a technicality? The family court would care. Also? He is knowingly exposing his daughter to a dangerous, unstable woman with a history of crime and violence regarding children. 

These things are not equivalent.  

+1

11 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5

"Jason likes to run toward danger. But I'm not going to hold that against him." Ugh

Right, she'll just judge everyone else when they "don't hold" something against someone she doesn't approve of.  It's a good thing she, Jason and her good buddies Sonny and Carly are above reproach (cue laugh track).

• Love 6
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I hated everyone in that idiotic baby Georgie story.

Oh gawd, me too.  I really didn't think the show could do a more irritating custody story than that one, but here we are.  Although this one's maybe slightly better than Griffin and Anna trying to get custody of a child neither was related to and Griffin had been minding for about five minutes.

Relatedly, while it was smart not to overplay her OLTL-ness, Nora has felt quite pointless.  Why bother using her here if you're not going to use her, you know?  We didn't really even get that much of her and Diane battling it out in court.  And I still want to know why she accepted this case in the first place.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:

I don't mind Sam not insta-switching from "THAT SPERM DONOR IS NOT MY FATHER!" to "Best! Daddy! Evah!", considering Franco was given a virtual parade after breaking into the Baker home and beating the crap out of Seth rescuing Liz.

"Jason likes to run toward danger. But I'm not going to hold that against him."

I don't think Sam has to sing Julian's praises all day long, but considering her flexible viewpoint on, er . . . , the role violence plays in the search for what some would perceive as justice, it would have been nice to hear her say something about her always being grateful to him for saving her son's life, even though she believed her mother should stay away from him.

(However, I will admit that it's always irritated me that Sam has always treated Julian like something on the bottom of her shoe, except when she wanted something from him. She has no moral high ground.) 

But on the other hand, I'd bet even money that Jelly don't even know Julian's history, since it was before their time. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, rur said:

(However, I will admit that it's always irritated me that Sam has always treated Julian like something on the bottom of her shoe, except when she wanted something from him. She has no moral high ground.) 

I don't think it's the violence or criminality per se - Sam treated Julian badly once he started constantly lying to her mother, decided to use Danny's continuing health as a shield against Sonny and tried to murder Alexis. She hasn't forgiven him for trying to murder her mother and terrifying Alexis to such a degree that the woman started using alcohol to cope. Those things seem reasonable to me? But I also can't stand WdV's Julian so I'm not exactly objective

13 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

And I still want to know why [Nora] accepted this case in the first place.

And why didn't she drop him when she learned more about him and Nina? She wasn't court appointed and Nora actually has principles

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Relatedly, while it was smart not to overplay her OLTL-ness, Nora has felt quite pointless.  Why bother using her here if you're not going to use her, you know?

Because FV just had to use anyone, someone, as soon as the lawsuit was over? 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, General Days said:

<small voice> I want them to be friends. I am tired of Liz pining after Jason. I want her to try to make amends. I liked the baby book scene, today. I will go away now. Sorry. </small voice>

They should never be besties, but they have to interact with each other because of stupid Jake, so they might as well be friendly. 

12 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

I'm always amazed at how the show manages to suck out any personality the actors have. 

9 hours ago, dr. gailey said:

He stole her egg and fertilized it.

No, he didn't. Helena stole both Lulu's egg and Valentin's sperm. In this one instance, Valentin and Lulu are equally victims. What Valentin did do is use Claudette as a surrogate mother.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

FV/RC took a popular actor and stuck him in this gross role with this gross history because they were arrogant and stupid. They wanted this specific character, and their history with problematic characters is problematic enough that I'm not willing to give them a pass on that. Largely because their "redemption" attempts for this character have been cursory, condescending bullshit. It's too late now to fix it with yet another attempt

I think they were so pissed over the whole PP fiasco (and having to give up Todd/Starr/McBain), that they wanted to make him something that was so pointedly nothing that no one could ever touch. What better choice (in their addled minds) than the actor that created a role for himself as a vanity project? But then they created new roles for KA and ME (multiple times), so I'm not sure this is even a good argument.

I'm planning to watch this week over the weekend. I think that much bad writing at once might do me in, so speak well of me if I suddenly go missing.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

No, he didn't. Helena stole both Lulu's egg and Valentin's sperm. In this one instance, Valentin and Lulu are equally victims. What Valentin did do is use Claudette as a surrogate mother.

Agree to disagree. Valentin may have had his sperm stolen by Helena but to me he stopped being a victim the moment he implanted the embryo in a surrogate and chose to bring Lulu's child to term without ever telling her the child existed.

• Love 5

LOL at Liv questioning Dante about him not recusing himself due to conflict of interest. He's related to half the town by blood or marriage, if he recused himself because of every conflict of interest he'd never be able to work for the PCPD again.

Baby Scout had the most hilarious, side eyed expression on her face when Jason was rambling about Carly. She's only a few days old and is already suspicious of Carly, she's clearly a fast learner.

I've been sufficiently trampled by the Julian redemption train, they can give it a rest now. I'm shocked they haven't pulled Molly out and made her reverse her opinion of Julian now that he's "dead," since everyone else is propping him up.

I so hope Liv actually has some dirt on Anna. I enjoy watching her get under Anna's skin.

• Love 6

I'm tired of Ava going over to Sonny's to see/talk about Avery and then leaving before that happens.

"What if she's crazy?" "We'll send her to D'Archam." Is this some dumb nod to Arkham in the DCU?

Olivia, your history with Julian is not "very complicated." You had a ONS and got pregnant. That's it. Also, loving someone and simultaneously holding a grudge against that person isn't a specifically Italian trait. Gah.

Where is Alexis reading the letter? I don't think it's Kelly's, unless they got super cheap and decided not to show the rest of the set. It's not the MetroCourt. Is it Gene's Branford Roadhouse (est. 1987)? I guess that place isn't as out of the way as it used to be.

42 minutes ago, Linny said:

I so hope Liv actually has some dirt on Anna.

I hope it's not the Valentin nonsense.

I love how Jason is holding the baby in front of the elevators. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Where is Alexis reading the letter? I don't think it's Kelly's, unless they got super cheap and decided not to show the rest of the set. It's not the MetroCourt. Is it Gene's Branford Roadhouse (est. 1987)? I guess that place isn't as out of the way as it used to be.

I think it's the inside of dunkin' Corinthos. Weren't Laura, Lulu, and Dante there yesterday?

• Love 1

Did anything of vital importance (plot advancement) happen during the middle 20 minutes or so of the show? My area was pre-empted for the Trump/Merkel news conference. 

I'm not particularly judging, but I did notice none of the other 3 major networks carried it.

Sometimes I suspect George S just likes to hear himself talk about hard news and not morning fluff. 

Edited by rur

I think the networks are covering these types of news conference more because Trump is such a loose cannon they want to cover it live.  Watching Trump in this setting is sort of like watching a blindfolded tightrope walker walking across a rope between two skyscrapers during a hurricane.  

• Love 6

WTF happened at beginning of episode? It opened with pregnant Sam outside Kellys and a message on screen saying this was an encore episode and todays episode would be on Monday. Then it froze, showed Jason holding baby, froze again and cut to Liv talking to Scotty? Was someone in control room celebrating St Patty's drinking Guiness and hit the wrong button????

• Love 7

Nevermind......20 minutes in and "President" strikes again (taking away health care and now GH too?? ugh!) Why cant the press conf be on days when Carly is crying at Morgans empty grave for the hundreth time and not while Alexis is finally reading letter? I hope they will replay it Monday.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

Did Sonny really offer to off Valentin for Dante?

Not on on-screen GH.

ETA: Unless it happened today.

Edited by ulkis
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

It's a coffee house, so I guess Dunkin' Corinthos like @ulkis said. I'm also pretty sure it's the same set they used the one time Laura and someone (maybe Lulu) got their nails done lol.

52 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Olivia J. had scenes with Scotty?  That sounds kinda fun.

I didn't get to see all of them becasue of all the weirdness of today's airing, but what I did see was fun.

I continue to enjoy the hell outta TW as Liv. She was so watchable today. I am actually curious about what she knows about Anna. I mean ultimately it will be stupid, but still!

Baby Scout is so freaking adorable! I'm obsessed with that baby. Her side eye today was amazing.

I love Scotty and Ava together and I'm interested in this business with them and Lucy, but for fuck's sake at them bringing this back 500 years later. The pacing gah!

I loled over Carly having curled hair when she was at the hospital with Jason and then straight hair when she went to see Sonny. Because it totally makes sense to curl your hair in the morning and then straighten it midday!

ETA: So, are they going to play this ep in full on Monday or not?

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

I think it's the inside of dunkin' Corinthos. Weren't Laura, Lulu, and Dante there yesterday?

Oh. It's not just a kiosk.

1 hour ago, Lillybee said:

Did Sonny really offer to off Valentin for Dante?

Yes. Sonny has no trouble carrying that burden for the rest of his life. He's tough that way, you know.

4 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

ETA: So, are they going to play this ep in full on Monday or not?

I watched the full ep in NYC at 3, so maybe it depends on where you are.

1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

I watched the full ep in NYC at 3, so maybe it depends on where you are.

Oh I didn't realize they played the full ep elsewhere. I guess they won't air it Monday then. I might have to seek out the beginning of the Liv/Anna and Ava/Scotty scenes because what I did see was enjoyable.