Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, Perkie said:

On his honeymoon since Maxie's now unemployed?

Who knows? Maxie was able to tell Laura/Lulu that Nina and Valentin's relationship was on the rocks, so the honeymoon obviously isn't too involving for her.

5 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I'd question a judge who didn't send Lulu and Charlotte to counseling, not one who decided to let Valentin have custody because the kid didn't like Lulu.

The judge should award joint custody, and everyone involved should be in counseling. 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

The judge should award joint custody, and everyone involved should be in counseling. 

Isn't that, with those conditions - family therapy with all four adults - what Lulu laid out for Valentin that day at TFR, and Valentin shot her down and took shared custody off the table at the mere mention of therapy?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Perkie said:

I was hoping Griffin would have used the Scottish accent, just to mess with Liv's head even more.

I wanted this, too. It would've been the cherry on top of what were fantastically entertaining scenes imo.

People have pointed out all the dumbness, but I don't care, I loved every single one of the scenes relating to the Liv situation. The scenes with Liv and Griffin were my shit!

• Love 9
36 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Michael didn't like AJ either. I'd question a judge who didn't send Lulu and Charlotte to counseling, not one who decided to let Valentin have custody because the kid didn't like Lulu.

In these kinds of cases, I always think they should write the judge realizing he/she has other options for the child than just giving him/her to one of the parents involved, if neither is a good choice.  It still boggles my mind, all these years later, that any judge would hand over a child to the local mob kingpin, regardless of who the other party involved was.  But, as I've said before and will be still saying at the end of time, I hate Sonny with the heat of a thousand fiery suns, so it may - May! - make me biased.  In the real world, I'd give Charlotte to Lulu, after an appropriate amount of counselling/them getting to know each other period.  In the world of GH, shared custody is probably the way to go.  I mean, what's a little murder in the family?  You'd be hard-pressed to find a family in that town without a murderer hanging on the family tree.  I also think they've been sketchy on showing Lulu's first interests being that of Charlotte, rather than herself, but that's probably just the bad writing we've become accustomed to.

I will also give GH bonus points if Nora somehow uses against them that Diane is the go-to attorney for the mob.

Hear hear!  Didn't she just the other day refer to Sonny as an honorable man?  Honestly, I don't know how the actors can keep straight faces sometimes.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Who knows? Maxie was able to tell Laura/Lulu that Nina and Valentin's relationship was on the rocks, so the honeymoon obviously isn't too involving for her.

It is weird - given her best friend and his sister are involved in this custody fight - that Nathan and Maxie aren't all up in this storyline.  But if there's real life issues in the way, I guess it can't be helped. 

Speaking of, I wonder if there's going to be changes to the outcome given ER's impending maternity leave.

• Love 2

Totally wanted Griffin to break out with some swager and a Scottish brogue. Maybe he still will. It would give the actor the chance to do something besides be a very pretty slice of white bread. They could very well go through with Duke's spirit inhabiting Griffin. I mean, we have had vampires, aliens, weather machines and untold peoples brought back from the dead!

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I wonder if there's going to be changes to the outcome given ER's impending maternity leave.

I won't be in the least surprised if Lulu kidnaps Charlotte and they go on the the run for, oh, three or four months.

• Love 2
(edited)

I've been laughing for two episodes straight with the Liv stuff. I love how she looks completely reasonable one minute and certifiable the next.

I thought Griffin was wearing scrubs when he got into the elevator.

Anna is such an idiot! Why wouldn't she take backup with her? And where is Robin locked up? Julian is so damn useless.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I won't be in the least surprised if Lulu kidnaps Charlotte and they go on the the run for, oh, three or four months.

A break from baby rabies Lulu AND a break from Charlotte?  That's what they call a win-win, my friend.

• Love 5

With Charlotte,  the first thing would be genetic tests to prove who is what to Charlotte.  Next would be home visits by social workers to both homes. And everyone would probably be going to some form of therapy. Including poor Rocco. Lulu would probably have supervised visits at first. Probably with a therapist. To build a relationship. Then have family time therapy with Dante and Rocco in the mix. And with a therapist's ok, build up to overnight/weekend visits to the Falconneri home. Eventually joint custody. Most courts nowadays are favoring joint 50/50 custody if both parents can do it. You have to be a nightmare partner/parent to lose. Valentin has yet to do that. Lulu has nothing legal.

Nina being a good thing on a side is what is mind-boggling. With her mental health background, Nora shouldn't want her anywhere near her case. The only reason it would be ok is if Valentin has the judge in his pocket. None of this Cassadine crap makes any sense. Nina is a liability to any lawyer. Valentin setting this whole Charlotte junk up to destroy Lulu and Laura and to get Nina's family money is the only thing that makes any sense. The absolute pathetic shit with Anna TIIC have tossed out is just sad and insulting. And it makes even less sense than the Charlotte dribble. If this crap with Charlotte and Lulu is actually true, then why would anyone pick Nina as your spouse? Why not someone else? Hell, I would kill to have Elizabeth as the blackmailed bride of Valentin. How much fun would that have been? Lulu and Laura losing their minds over Liz's betrayal. Jason and Sam being sucked in. Franco and Nina could've shunted off together. Off a cliff, preferably. No Friz. 

• Love 9
(edited)
2 hours ago, LexieLily said:

What other options are left that would even halfway be considered a "shocking outcome" (per SID) in this custody fight?

Charlotte is really Faison in a Charlotte mask.

Oh wait....you said shocking.  Um...that she actually gets to go live with her mother and her stable hard working husband instead of the murderer and his nut job of a wife that RIPPED ANOTHER CHILD FROM SOMEONE"S WOMB AND KIDNAPPED HER?

Edited by mybabyaidan
oops
  • Love 13
(edited)
1 hour ago, mybabyaidan said:

Oh wait....you said shocking.  Um...that she actually gets to go live with her mother and her stable hard working husband instead of the murderer and his nut job of a wife that RIPPED ANOTHER CHILD FROM SOMEONE"S WOMB AND KIDNAPPED HER?

I think of all the things that aggravate me about this story, and there is a lot, is the simple fact that Lulu is the one that has lost the most here - her child's entire life - at Valentin's hands but yet she is the one at Valentin and the legal system's mercy whether she is allowed to be a mother to the child Valentin STOLE from her.

Or that Diane isn't on it like a bulldog to go the parental alienation route when Lulu has a clear case for it based on Valentin's past and present actions, even his own testimony today. (As far as I know even though Lulu has every right she hasn't spoken badly of Valentin in Charlotte's presence. I'm not confident in saying the same as far as what is being said behind closed Wyndemere doors about Lulu.)

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 4

Yes, and Lulu, how can Rocco "adore" Charlotte?  Have they even met?

Not having met Charlotte would be the easiest way to "adore" her.  

I did not think it was especially plausible that an armed Anna (even a sick one) was unable to take Liv in without a bunch of drama, grappling, and the obligatory talking-killer moment (where all the killer has to do is pull the trigger, but wastes time saying something like "I've waited a long time for this"). However, even though I saw it coming from the moment Anna and Liv came face to face, I was okay with it. Sometimes you just have to bend to the formula. When shows like this drag something out pointlessly, that's one thing, but here it really was more dramatic and entertaining to get another day of suspense out of Griffin freeing himself and pretending to be Duke.

However, thanks, preview monkeys, for giving away that she figures him out and has them both at gunpoint. I wonder if the lack of accent is going to be the giveaway. (I am tempted to add lack of some other quality, but it would be mean to Ian Buchanan, with whom I have no beef.)

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

However, thanks, preview monkeys, for giving away that she figures him out and has them both at gunpoint.

Actually, in the previews, she's saying "Sorry, my love, but Anna has to die" or something like that.  So she does still seem to think he's Duffin/Gruke at that point.

• Love 1
(edited)
13 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I wanted this, too. It would've been the cherry on top of what were fantastically entertaining scenes imo.

People have pointed out all the dumbness, but I don't care, I loved every single one of the scenes relating to the Liv situation. The scenes with Liv and Griffin were my shit!

I agree completely.  I know it's outlandish and crazy, but it just works for me too, especially with characters like Liv and Heather Weber.  I loved all the Liv and Griffin scenes and frankly, I'm sorry to see this wrap up so soon because I have a feeling it's all over by end of week.

11 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Totally wanted Griffin to break out with some swager and a Scottish brogue. Maybe he still will. It would give the actor the chance to do something besides be a very pretty slice of white bread. 

I thought the actor was finally able to act on GH rather than just be the nice, sweet, kind priest/doctor we've seen since we arrived.  I loved Griffin's scenes telling off Claudette, but that didn't last long either.  He seems to be stuck in the "Michael" dilemma where he's not allowed to be anything other than kind and understanding.  So it was great in his scenes with Liv that  he was allowed to wet his whistle a bit and show a range of emotions, going from nice (in the elevator) to confused, to terrified, to angry, and finally at the end, he most certainly had some swagger.  I haven't seen THAT Griffin Monroe - ever.  It's nice to know there's a red-blooded male behind that handsome face.   That being said, I don't want a Scottish brogue because unless he can do it well, it's only going to make people complain that he can't do one.  Count me in for hoping Griffin gets much more to do.

11 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Anna is such an idiot! Why wouldn't she take backup with her? And where is Robin locked up? Julian is so damn useless.

I agree that Anna is stupid for going after Liv alone, and she is being ridiculously stubborn about not listening to anyone.  I am okay with Liv overpowering her, however, since Anna had admitted that she already had one treatment (mainly draining her blood) and was on blood thinners.  So, as many had told her repeatedly, she was in no condition to the leave the hospital let alone take on a crazy woman in an armed fight.  

7 hours ago, LexieLily said:

I think of all the things that aggravate me about this story, and there is a lot, is the simple fact that Lulu is the one that has lost the most here - her child's entire life - at Valentin's hands but yet she is the one at Valentin and the legal system's mercy whether she is allowed to be a mother to the child Valentin STOLE from her.

Lulu can't stay out of her own way.  She forces the issue when she should show some restraint, and then it's used against her.  I agree with you completely that Lulu's greatest argument is that Valentin KNEW that Lulu was the mother of Charlotte and kept it from Lulu for years.  THAT should be Diane's main argument in favor of Lulu, and then let Valentin and Nora try and defend it.  

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 4
39 minutes ago, Bishop said:

I agree that Anna is stupid for going after Liv alone, and she is being ridiculously stubborn about not listening to anyone.  I am okay with Liv overpowering her, however, since Anna had admitted that she already had one treatment (mainly draining her blood) and was on blood thinners.  So, as many had told her repeatedly, she was in no condition to the leave the hospital let alone take on a crazy woman in an armed fight.  

This is the reason I've always doubted Anna as some kind of super-spy.  She had the drop on OJ.  Sometimes "shoot first and ask questions later" actually DOES make sense.  Frisco would have put a bullet in Olivia 5 seconds after making facial recognition.  Guess that's why he's WSB Director now.

So FV live tweeted yesterday and he said that Sam and Jason's daughter name is officially Emily Scout Morgan, ugh just ugh. But she will be called Scout(which is better than Emily)still though ugh. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Winston Wolfe said:

This is the reason I've always doubted Anna as some kind of super-spy.  She had the drop on OJ.  Sometimes "shoot first and ask questions later" actually DOES make sense. 

Not on a soap opera.

• Love 2

Emily Scout Morgan

That is exactly the kinds of stupid shit I expect from Jelly. 

How does that conversation go?

"Your brother wanted a dog and instead we let him call you Scout and now it's part of your legal fuckin name."

• Love 2
14 hours ago, LexieLily said:

What other options are left that would even halfway be considered a "shocking outcome" (per SID) in this custody fight?

They give the kid to Nora? LOL!

• Love 2

I wonder if Jelly was watching some L&O:SVU marathon when they came up with this crap custody battle. Wasn't there a show where a woman's embryos were actually stolen by some doctor/clinic and used by multiple couples? She lost her family, went back to try to have another child and the they claimed they were lost or something? She later stalked some family after seeing their child and tried to kidnap the kid. Saying the kid was hers. It turned out that she had multiple kids but the courts said that she had no claims to them.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, stlbf said:

I wonder if Jelly was watching some L&O:SVU marathon when they came up with this crap custody battle. Wasn't there a show where a woman's embryos were actually stolen by some doctor/clinic and used by multiple couples? She lost her family, went back to try to have another child and the they claimed they were lost or something? She later stalked some family after seeing their child and tried to kidnap the kid. Saying the kid was hers. It turned out that she had multiple kids but the courts said that she had no claims to them.

Yup, Lea Thompson was the lady in that SVU episode, though there was also a similarly themed episode of L&O Mothership too.

25 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

They give the kid to Nora? LOL!

I was gonna make a "I know a nice gay couple looking to adopt in Llanview" joke, but ugh, I don't want Fish and Kyle stuck with Charlotte.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Yes, but I don't think JP/SA thought it up because of that. This was all Ron's idea. Well, the basis.

Do you think Ron still watches this show, cackling at the longlasting damage he inflicted?

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Wasn't there a rumor a while back that Laura, not LuLu is actually Charlotte's mother?

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Do you think Ron still watches this show, cackling at the longlasting damage he inflicted?

Cackling? lol, no. If he does, and he cackles, it'll be because he thinks this is all totally the current writers' fault and not partly his.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Cupcake04 said:

Wasn't there a rumor a while back that Laura, not LuLu is actually Charlotte's mother?

Yes, there was. At this point I don't put much stock in it, though it certainly would qualify as shocking. Would Valentin still be the father, then?

2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I hope that was just a rumor, because if not, it means there's still a fucking embryo floating around. ENOUGH.

There was that rumor that Lulu and Dante's Embryo Daughter is still on Cassadine Island, carried to term and raised by that Daphne woman...

(edited)
18 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Cackling? lol, no. If he does, and he cackles, it'll be because he thinks this is all totally the current writers' fault and not partly his.

I assume he's busy working on days of our lives.

Edited by Harmony233
18 minutes ago, ulkis said:

When he killed off Duke, did he know that name would be uttered every day for years? Did he want that?

2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

They can't think of anything but baby stories for most of the women. So boring.

Yes but lulu has it ecspecially bad it feels like that's the only story she's had for the past five years.I guess there was the whole Dante cheated on her story.

• Love 2

Lulu has gotten the brunt of it, due to that stupid embryo existing. 

I'm surprised Valerie never had a pregnancy scare after the cheating. I'm also extremely grateful the show held back there. For once.

• Love 5
(edited)

That definitely seemed to be something that changed with the new writers, or maybe because TeCa got pregnant and thus they wrote in a pregnancy for Sabs?  They had that moment of Valerie feeling sick and Bobbie tending to her, but then it turned out just to be candy cravings.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2
(edited)

I guess pregnant ladies are like the Highlander: There can be only one (at a time). Unless you're writing a baby-switching story, that is. Or you think the audience won't buy a pregnant actor in a nonpregnant role. Ugh.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2

Had to share this....Hubby was walking thru the living room yesterday, saw Griffin shirtless on the cot or whatever the hell that was and said:  "That has to one of your soaps.  The guy doesn't have a shirt on".  Me (smiling):  "Yes.  Yes it is..."

Am loving this whole reincarnate  Duke sl.  Too bad the flow is going to be interrupted today by the stupid Nelle wants vengeance thing.  Nice pacing there hacks.  Is anybody here a fan of this Nelle/Carly shit?  Outside of LW's acting it really sucks.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

This is the reason I've always doubted Anna as some kind of super-spy.  She had the drop on OJ.  Sometimes "shoot first and ask questions later" actually DOES make sense.  Frisco would have put a bullet in Olivia 5 seconds after making facial recognition.  Guess that's why he's WSB Director now.

Under these writers, I doubt it.  Frisco would have hesitated too.  I mean I get why they do it, and so it doesn't bother me as much.  Plus, Anna IS ill and not 100%.  I'm more upset with her for CONSTANTLY ignoring good advice.  That gets old.

• Love 2

I've beat this drum before, but I find it crazy there is no next generation of WSB agents.  It just can't be Anna and off-screen Robert and Frisco forever.  Anna having a protégé would be so awesome.

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I've beat this drum before, but I find it crazy there is no next generation of WSB agents.  It just can't be Anna and off-screen Robert and Frisco forever.  Anna having a protégé would be so awesome.

Which would be a good time to bring on her namesake, Anna Donnely.

• Love 11
(edited)

The Michael/Sonny conversation was ridiculous.  Were we really supposed to worry Michael would be irreparably angry at Sonny for hurting his mom/sleeping with his crush and wouldn't accept his apology?  Sonny MURDERED AJ and Michael has shrugged it off.  There are no dramatic stakes to their relationship now.  And then the forgiven MURDERER saying that someone else is unworthy of forgiveness?  Shut up, both of you.

Oh man, Jax is so going under the bus for Nelle/Carly/Sonny.  As I've said before, I hate this kidney retcon sooo much.

It's ridiculous that Nina's mental health history and/or what she did to Ava re: Avery didn't come up in court.

The Olivia J. stuff was less fun today.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Ambrosefolly said:
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Which would be a good time to bring on her namesake, Anna Donnely.

Or Valerie. It would give her a reason to be there. 

• Love 7
(edited)

Charlotte should have been meeting with a psychiatrist long before this judge ordered it.

By the way, it's nice to know that Carly listed Michael, Joss and Avery as members of her family but not Dante and Kristina.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 3