Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

I sincerely hope we get to see Valentin fuck her [Nina] over for Anna and Nina's reactions.

This is literally all I am hoping for out of this Valentin/Nina/Anna triangle. Though can it be called a triangle if one of the members has no idea she is a part of one?

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 2

I wish Anna would stop being so teary when she's talking to Valentin about the past. And really, if it was such a big thing, isn't there someone else who can tell her what happened? Why didn't she get more information from WSB Agent Day Player? Ugh.

• Love 7
30 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Why didn't she get more information from WSB Agent Day Player? Ugh.

Yeah, what happened to him?  Did he pop in to town just to tell her the little he did and then leave?  It's called a telephone, Agent D.A. Player.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Yeah, what happened to him?  Did he pop in to town just to tell her the little he did and then leave?  It's called a telephone, Agent D.A. Player.

Well, this is the same show that has Robert Scorpio! travel halfway around the world to go to Wyndemere and tell Laura that Luke is safe because apparently Luke is so far off the grid that he can't be bothered to communicate with his ex-wife and their daughter.

23 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Just remembered that the bridge is supposed to have water underneath it. Oh, Frank.

I think there is still water but now there is also a dam on one side. :D Or whatever that metal wall is called, leave me alone.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I think there is still water but now there is also a dam on one side. :D Or whatever that metal wall is called, leave me alone.

Sam fell straight down from the middle of the bridge and should have hit water and been severely injured, if she was lucky. Frank is dumb, stop. :)

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Sam fell straight down from the middle of the bridge and should have hit water and been severely injured, if she was lucky. Frank is dumb, stop. :)

You forgot the part where if she somehow survived that fall, she should have frozen from laying there passed out all night. Rasputin!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

You forgot the part where if she somehow survived that fall, she should have frozen from laying there passed out all night. Rasputin!

I get that it's a soap, but I think it annoys me because it's always done with Sam and she somehow comes away with only a reaction to a tummy ache.

Jason should have found her unconscious with broken bones and TPTB should have done a couple days of "Will she die? Will the baby survive?" Let's see what Billy Miller can do. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

Jason should have found her unconscious with broken bones and TPTB should have done a couple days of "Will she die? Will the baby survive?" Let's see what Billy Miller can do. 

I think they should've done this, too. I mean everyone would know she wouldn't die, but at least there'd be some semblance of stakes. Having her be completely fine makes the whole thing even more pointless than it already was. 

Although I guess there's still a chance we might get a couple days of, "But is the baby OK?" though.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ulkis said:
5 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Just remembered that the bridge is supposed to have water underneath it. Oh, Frank.

That sounds like me when Mr.Moving, who has only been watching GH for a few years) tries to apply logic to this crap.  He starts asking me to make sense of it all.  I end up "shouting" "It's a f**king soap just shut up and deal.  It will never make sense.  Let it go!" :)  We have had a lot of laughs about this over the past few years.

• Love 2

Yeah......

Spoiler

If  Franco is gonna show up, Sam should be conscious - because Franco is a gross nightmare who sexually assaulted her last time she was rendered unconscious.

So the show is probably compromising the possibility of better drama for more Franco propping

Edited by Oracle42
6 hours ago, ulkis said:

There's a rather lengthy footbridge near me that has similar features, except they're concrete instead of metal. The concrete (or metal) walls aren't only under the bridge, they're on the sides, reinforcing/supporting the land banks that hold up the bridge. 

So, if Sam was well onto the bridge when she fell, and she ended up on the grass beside the support wall that she was trying to climb, then whatever water is there is just a small stream. 

The support wall itself didn't look that high, so while a fall from any height would not be a pleasant experience, I haven't been too worried about her since it's not like she fell from a Wyndemere parapet or the GH roof and lived to tell the tale …

1 hour ago, movingtargetgal said:

That sounds like me when Mr.Moving, who has only been watching GH for a few years) tries to apply logic to this crap.  He starts asking me to make sense of it all.  I end up "shouting" "It's a f**king soap just shut up and deal.  It will never make sense.  Let it go!" :)  We have had a lot of laughs about this over the past few years.

While it's a soap, yes, lol, and we're not supposed to question things, my point was Frank changed how the bridge was constructed. Robin described it as basically looking at endless darkness in the water. It's supposed to be extremely high. 

• Love 1

What did Liv slip into Alexis' purse? Was is Sam's phone?

Why all the PSAs about pv? Does FH or someone in the cast have that particular cancer?. Just seems kinda strange they are focusing on that when they keep saying how rare it is and I just wonder if there is a oersonal connection I missed somewhere.

It's too bad they can't do (original) Julian flashbacks with a guy who doesn't look like he has a dead beaver on his head (Sorry, William D.). 

Doesn't Jason notice anything?  The other side of the bed is empty?  Sam's car is missing from its usual spot?  She never got back to him after the non-check-up?  Perhaps if the Q's didn't look after Danny all the time, he could have said something.

Why all the PSAs about pv?

Because selling prescription drugs during every commercial break isn't enough, they have to sell them on the show, too.  It's all about $ponsorship.

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Doesn't Jason notice anything?  The other side of the bed is empty?  Sam's car is missing from its usual spot?  She never got back to him after the non-check-up?  Perhaps if the Q's didn't look after Danny all the time, he could have said something.

It truly is getting ridiculous how much Danny is with other people. They need to start giving JaSam scenes at home with Danny in another room. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

It truly is getting ridiculous how much Danny is with other people. They need to start giving JaSam scenes at home with Danny in another room. 

Has Sam even expressed a concern, thought, or worry about Danny during this ordeal? She has been reassuring unborn Scout, which I suppose is normal, but isn't she missing Danny too, thinking of him now when she is in this danger? Maybe if she gets out alive she will go home and tell Danny "Mommy had a bad day so she and Scout need a nap." </sarcasm>.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Cupcake04 said:

Why all the PSAs about pv? Does FH or someone in the cast have that particular cancer?. Just seems kinda strange they are focusing on that when they keep saying how rare it is and I just wonder if there is a oersonal connection I missed somewhere.

I don't know but in that little PSA that FH does it says on the screen that she is the spokesperson for that medicine.

12 hours ago, ciarra said:

They did have Jason say that he got a text from Sam about her staying at Alexis' house that night.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

He's at the Quartermaines as much as Elizabeth's kids are at Grams.  That's why constantly adding new babies to the mix is ridiculous: the ones already there are never shown.  And in THIS case, there was really zero reason as KeMo isn't pregnant (given they can't seem to resist writing in an actress's real life pregnancy) and it doesn't move story in any way, shape or form.

• Love 4
19 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Same thing here when Mr.TVeye comes home from work and TFGH is on, he's like "don't any of these people have jobs?" He thinks it's hysterical that Sonny is supposed to be a mobster and frequently says "didn't they already do this?" at least once or twice for every episode he sees. He usually comes home halfway through the show and probably knows more about the history of the show than the writers do. And I say pretty much the same thing, "it's General Hospital, nothing makes sense." TFGH.

17 hours ago, ciarra said:

It's too bad they can't do (original) Julian flashbacks with a guy who doesn't look like he has a dead beaver on his head (Sorry, William D.). 

Because selling prescription drugs during every commercial break isn't enough, they have to sell them on the show, too.  It's all about $ponsorship.

It pays the bills and keeps the show on the air, even if the show is a pile of steaming poop with this current regime.

I just...it is astonishing to me how badly these writers are bungling this Nelle story, a classic soap story that should write itself.  After one bland-as-fuck night with Michael, Nelle is ready to abandon the revenge she's been planning for months, never mind how long she's held this grudge beforehand?  And this was really the entirety of her plan, getting Carly to think she slept with Sonny?  The writers are pulling punches left and right to make sure nobody - Carly, Sonny, Nelle - looks too bad or unlikable and it makes for boring and lukewarm narrative oatmeal.  AND, on top of that, I find the idea that Carly's "entire world" is Sonny - that ruining that relationship is the only way to hurt Carly or take something away from her - really, really, REALLY gross.

• Love 13

One night in a cabin with Michael and Nelle is ready to turn over a new leaf. What a completely unearned transformation. You can't make me like Nelle, writers, no matter how much you force this redemption act. 

And how fucked up is it that Nelle was spinning stories about her and Sonny to her friends in Atlanta? There was no reason to do that. I know it was contrived so Felicia could uncover the truth, but it makes Nelle seem even crazier. 

How thoughtful of Nelle to title the file "Sonny audio" so Carly knew exactly where to look. The writers spent all of these months setting up this storyline only to have it end in such a forced way.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

AND, on top of that, I find the idea that Carly's "entire world" is Sonny - that ruining that relationship is the only way to hurt Carly or take something away from her - really, really, REALLY gross.

Seriously. Carly has never been all about a man. 

To hurt Carly, Nelle should have gone after the MetroCourt. I don't know why that angle is never used. Hit Carly in the wallet and you'll do some damage.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I just...it is astonishing to me how badly these writers are bungling this Nelle story, a classic soap story that should write itself.  After one bland-as-fuck night with Michael, Nelle is ready to abandon the revenge she's been planning for months, never mind how long she's held this grudge beforehand?  And this was really the entirety of her plan, getting Carly to think she slept with Sonny?  The writers are pulling punches left and right to make sure nobody - Carly, Sonny, Nelle - looks too bad or unlikable and it makes for boring and lukewarm narrative oatmeal.  AND, on top of that, I find the idea that Carly's "entire world" is Sonny - that ruining that relationship is the only way to hurt Carly or take something away from her - really, really, REALLY gross.

It's like, if the people who liked Sonny and Carly still liked them, then nothing JP/SA could write for them could make them not like them, and this lukewarm writing doesn't make the haters like them any better.

And seriously. Poor Morgan. 

And as for Nelle, it would have been less sleazy for her and Sonny to sleep together than for Nelle to drug him. I don't know if the writers were just trying to spare Sonny or just Nelle or both. But if it was Nelle, they just made it worse.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

To hurt Carly, Nelle should have gone after the MetroCourt. I don't know why that angle is never used. Hit Carly in the wallet and you'll do some damage.

Absolutely!  And if the show was so hopped up on putting those characters together, Nelle seducing Michael and turning him against Carly (and then later having feelings for him for reals) would also have been a better option than...this.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, ulkis said:

And as for Nelle, it would have been less sleazy for her and Sonny to sleep together than for Nelle to drug him. I don't know if the writers were just trying to spare Sonny or just Nelle or both. But if it was Nelle, they just made it worse.

They knew what Chloe Lanier could do before creating Nelle, so it's not as if she wowed them after already having the story written. But it still feels like a rewrite.

• Love 1

Oh C'mon Show! Seriously, who leaves their room or apartment key hidden around the front door? Carly should not have been able to get inside Nelle's place that way. Moreover, virtually all personal computers have a screen saver feature that would have kicked in automatically on Nelle's computer screen so that Carly would not be able to see that Nelle was deleting a file named "Sonny". Carly would need a password to get back to the desktop. And if that was a flash drive that Carly was reconnecting, she probably would need a password before hearing the saved sound file too.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 1

Just because Olivia J. was something of a fraud as a sponsor doesn't mean Alexis's sobriety isn't real. I hope we don't see her relapse because of this. 

1 minute ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Oh C'mon Show! Seriously, who leaves their room or apartment key hidden around the front door?

My upstairs neighbor doesn't even lock her apartment door. I don't understand it, but it's not my place. JFK Jr. always kept a key hidden under the steps of his building. It's more common that you might think.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

In other WTF news...Dr. O has a vote/a spot on the hospital board?  Since when?

Doc O set it up when she was in control as COS. ELQ lawyers say it is valid. I didn't think Dr O would use it to deny the sale to ELQ. I thought she would bargain with the Quartermaines to vote with their side if they gave Franco a new job or restored his former art therapist job.

33 minutes ago, Linny said:

And how fucked up is it that Nelle was spinning stories about her and Sonny to her friends in Atlanta? There was no reason to do that. I know it was contrived so Felicia could uncover the truth, but it makes Nelle seem even crazier. 

I can see Nelle telling her friends she was having an affair just so she wouldn't be accused of making things up AFTER the reveal occurred. But I don't understand why a "friend," after learning Nelle was being considered for an honor would immediately reveal the bad to an investigator. 

26 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

And apparently she's not about Joss, either, since she was going to tell her that she,  not they, were moving back in with Sonny. 

14 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Oh C'mon Show! Seriously, who leaves their room or apartment key hidden around the front door? Carly should not have been able to get inside Nelle's place that way. Moreover, virtually all personal computers hear have a screen saver feature that would have kicked in automatically on Nelle's computer screen so that Carly would not be able to see that Nelle was deleting a file named "Sonny". Carly would need a password to get back to the desktop. And if that was a flash drive that Carly was reconnecting, she probably would need a password before hearing the saved sound file too.

It's interesting to know that Carly's lack of inhibitions about barging into other people's rooms doesn't stop with the hotel. 

I will give a pass on the computer, though. I live alone. My screen saver usually comes on, depending on where I put the cursor, but since nobody's supposed to be in the house except me, there's no password required for computer access. 

In a perfect world, saving the hospital would have been the "A" story, sans the Julian/radiator nonsense, and Carly et al would have been the "B".

How come Sam could yell louder when she was alone having a contraction than when Jason was standing on the bridge calling her name? 

Edited by rur
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, rur said:

How come Sam could yell louder when she was alone having a contraction than when Jason was standing on the bridge calling her name? 

Hee. Such a dumb soap trope, and it should annoy me, but I kind of love it.

• Love 2

Shame on me for thinking we were going to actually get some real answers to Nelle's nonsense! Instead, Bobbie has wasted her money on Felicia with her discovering the false claim that Nelle is having an affair with Sonny. I was expecting Felicia to dig up the real deal, which is discovering why Nelle has a beef with Carly in the first place. That's the part of this story I want to know!

Edited by Syndicate
  • Love 6

LOL this show is messed up worse than the Oscars. Where are all the competent people?

I got a new state-of-the-art computer about 9 months ago, and I could've sworn Windows 10 made me specify a password when signing on from the get-go. (Maybe the additional screen saver pwd is optional though). Possibly the security software set up the password protocols when I installed it. If Nelle doesn't have any security installed, yet is keeping blackmail secrets on her computer, she is taking big and stupid chances.

I hope that now if Liv lets Julian escape his shackles, he will teach her a big serious lesson. IF he lets her continue to "live" (pun intended).

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Syndicate said:

Shame on me for thinking we were going to actually get some real answers to Nelle's nonsense! Instead, Bobbie has wasted her money on Felicia with her discovering the false claim that Nelle is having an affair with Sonny. I was expecting Felicia to dig up the real deal, which is discovering why Nelle has a beef with Carly. That's the part of this story I want to know!

Me too! Also wondering if Carly and Bobbie and Felicia will have the same trusted relationship now that the girls think they have "done Carly a solid" in revealing the Nelle/Sonny connection. Carly may be so innoculated with Sonny love and sexytimes that she might quarrel with Bobbie at least for going behind her back and spying on Nelle.

37 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I like Kathleen Gati's bangs. 

She looked so good. And Tracy's look at her was fabulously murderous. Maybe, if JE is really leaving next month, Tracy will get back at O. somehow on the way out.

Sam: Jason? What is Jason doing here?

?????????? But she just spent the last episode talking about how pops was gonna come and rescue them. 

Also how does Jason not look down and see Sam? And if he doesn't see Sam she should be dead cause she was flung so freaking far out! So stupid. I hope all of the next episode is Jason just yelling (at medium volume) "Sam! Sam!" right over her head, because that would be hilarious.

Also terrible:

Bobbie: I couldn't stand wondering what Nelle's big secret was!

Could the writer have tried at least LITTLE to disguise an obvious stall?

Maybe Sonny can pay attention to those vows he spouts every six months and notice they include a part about being with the other person in whatever mistakes you make make. That's in there so people don't have to keep renewing their vows every year! Carly should have just been like, "yeah, we're not doing that." And Carly's ridiculous, "I gotta pack so I can move in here foreeeverr! Whee!" Is Carly on her first date?

They should have had Finn crying while he ripped up that contract, so we could really feel the anguish of his pain some more.

Alexis pointing out that Julian knew about Liv and saying nothing. Yeah, how WILL they spin that? Also, WdV's delivery was still flat as a pancake, just loud. I think they've made poor Julian even more of a mess with this Liv stuff. Now instead of an attempted wife killer, now he's a sad wife killer who got chained by his sister to a radiator.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Hee. Such a dumb soap trope, and it should annoy me, but I kind of love it.

Yes, I feel like the writers did this almost as an homage to her last time laying around waiting to be rescued.  She should start going into labour, those screams might get Jason's attention.

Edited by bannana

I've never been pregnant, does it render you unable to shout "Yo, down here babe!"?

Sooo, Carly's off to prove Bobbi wrong by confronting.... Nell! Ha, yeah, she knows looking Sonny in the eyes and asking for the truth is pretty much pointless! 

Edited by TVbitch
  • Love 6