Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

In other news, stupid Rebecca Budig being treated at the Q mansion better not mean she (and Dr. Michael Easton) will interfere with or be part of the Quartermaines' Thanksgiving.  I ain't here for that.

Oh I'm calling it now: the  dragon critter is going to get loose and will end up being the only one who gets any of the Quartermaine turkey. The humans will have pizza again.

• Love 8

Previews...Bobbie catches Nelle snooping, a type of scene we should have seen WEEKS ago.

I wish someone would do a daily recap of the previews.  They don't show them in Canada (eastern feed/Boston).

38 minutes ago, Bishop said:

So you would prefer her to just be an all out bad character who wants to hurt Michael or Carly or Sonny?  Meh.  Then what?  We have enough bad characters on GH that I wouldn't mind a fairly decent character that is being abused by a father to do bad things and wants a way out.  If Michael is the person who gets her out - instead of, say Sonny or Jason (who always have to save everyone), then I'm okay with it.  Also, I'm really tired of Michael having conflict with his family.  He needs a storyline that does not involve Sonny or Carly at this point, and they need to stay out of his business for once.  THAT would be a nice change for me.

Unfortunately, that would likely lead to her becoming a mob apologist, and we have an entire canvas full of people who seem to exist simply to kiss Sonny's ass and exalt the Holy Hitman. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Bishop said:

So you would prefer her to just be an all out bad character who wants to hurt Michael or Carly or Sonny?  Meh.  Then what?  We have enough bad characters on GH that I wouldn't mind a fairly decent character that is being abused by a father to do bad things and wants a way out.  If Michael is the person who gets her out -

Someone who wants to hurt Carly or Sonny? Absolutely. We have/had enough female characters already with perpetually unaddressed daddy abuse, neglect and/or abandonment issues -Tracy, Elizabeth, Robin, Maxie, Lulu, Kristina, and now Hayden. This show will never adequately handle father-daughter relationships. If they didn't do it for Sonny and Kristina, they're certainly not going to for this newbie.

Also, Carly never truly paid for her part in destroying the Jones family. It has never rung true for me that Lucas was totally okay and over what she did to his parents, especially his dad. She has never paid for being instrumental in the destruction of AJ. Same with Sonny.  I think it would be awesome if some girl, who happened to be a friend of Lucas and so knew all about Port Charles, found out from her mother that her bio father was this rich guy, AJ Q. from Port Charles, who wrote her a letter saying he was excited to meet their daughter and be a real dad to her, provide for her, etc. ... but then he got shot to death by a greasy Mobster. Lucas tells her allll about Sonny and Carly. So the girl plots w/Lucas to take down Sonny for killing the father she never got to meet, and Carly for helping him. Lucas likes the plan because he figures Joss can go live with her stable father, Jax, and little Avery can go live with elder siblings. And Monica gets her first granddaughter. Michael gains a sister, and understands why she did it. 

• Love 15

I can barely make it through scenes with Nelly in them. I swear if they put her and Michael together they will rival him and Sabrina and Kiki/Dillon with how boring and wet drippy they are. It can't be this hard to find someone who isn't worthless to put Michael with. Even that Rosalie girl had a tiny bit of personality. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Someone who wants to hurt Carly or Sonny?

The problem with this lately (i.e., the past decade or so?) is that whatever the bad deed is almost always gets mitigated somehow, and Carly and Sonny end up as the persecuted.

If Nelle really is going after Carly and/or Sonny about her kidney (again, another sentence I never thought I'd write), she's going after the wrong person. Jax is responsible, but IR is recurring, so he'll no doubt be vilified most offscreen while Carly and Sonny are proven innocent. (As they should be in this case, unless there's another retcon.) 

Sonny got Morgan blown up? Well, not really, because his broker was able to call off the hit, so someone else was going after Julian. Poor Sonny, always blamed for things not his fault.

• Love 4

I really liked the scene with Liz/Finn/Hayden. It had a good, tense pace to it, and I think the writers did a good job criss-crossing Liz's Tom/Franco problem with her sister's 'fight for her life'; this is the soapy stuff I want to see. Hayden picking up on Liz mentioning problems, Liz demanding more information next time she breaks the law for them, all good stuff to build on later.  

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, CompltelySweet said:

I really liked the scene with Liz/Finn/Hayden. It had a good, tense pace to it, and I think the writers did a good job criss-crossing Liz's Tom/Franco problem with her sister's 'fight for her life'

Same here. And I was really glad there was no sniping between Liz and Hayden. (Liz wanting not to be lied to if she's going to do illegal stuff for Hayden and Finn was a legit gripe.) I also liked Liz's grudging but genuine "I hope you get better" to Hayden.

The show needs to do more of this, instead of keeping people trapped in their own story bubbles.

• Love 9
17 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

So I guess Gene's Brandford Roadhouse (established 1985!) is the new place to meet. I love how we see only the one wall. 

Has Nelle every played Monopoly? It's not really about business acumen.

I refuse to watch a SERIAL KILLER trying to take the moral high ground over a rapist/blackmailer.

Sonny's "Hey, I don't know what I'm gonna do. I gotta think things over" is ridiculous. Like there's any doubt. He's going to retaliate, because that's what he does

SHUT UP, NELLE. 

I kind of loved Liz's exasperated "If I'm going to do illegal stuff for you, at least tell me the truth about it" scolding to Finn, and then he and Hayden exchanged a "Yeah, she's not wrong" look.

This could be the next Geiko commercial!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Sonny got Morgan blown up? Well, not really, because his broker was able to call off the hit, so someone else was going after Julian. Poor Sonny, always blamed for things not his fault.

Of course not.  And of course it'll further cement Sonny/Carly/PC Population, screaming how it's all Julian's fault.  Because he's the only person in town with enemies.  Certainly St. Sonny has none.

• Love 5

Alexis possibly being roofied and raped being yesterday's cliffhanger and then a red herring source of "dramatic tension" in the next episode is...pretty gross, yes?  Also, do not like Alexis blackmailing Jax to keep him quiet about her drinking, their friendship is one of the only things the show's got going!

Gawd bless Bobbie.  I guess Carly feels like cutting class instead of attending her mom's seminar on scheming bitches.  I'm also curious to see what the deal is with Bobbie going back to work at GH.

• Love 5

I knew Alexis was going to threaten to call Carly about the kidney the moment Jax said he was calling the Davis girls.

Hey Anna, hovering over Charlotte must remind you of when you spent so much time taking caring of/worrying over Emma when Robin was held captive .... oh wait, that was Elizabeth. You were giving Patrick and Emma "space."

Is Tom approaching Liz supposed to be revenge on Franco for threatening him?  Becky Herbst can say so much with one silent look/hint of tears.

Re: Previews - that's still not a redemption of Franco, show. STOP IT. UGH.

• Love 5

Of course Tom showed up to talk to Liz, thus validating Franco's behavior and ensuring that Liz will depend on him for protection. It was inevitable that this would happen, because God forbid the writers lay off their pro-Franco indoctrination.

Alexis, people who make and own their choices don't have to lie and hide their choices from their family. And good going, threatening the one man who has remained on your side for all these years. This storyline is really making me dislike her.

Anna is acting so smug, inserting herself into a situation that has nothing to do with her. I'm going to enjoy watching Valentin defeat her and Griffin. 

• Love 6

Well that was a surprise. I loved the Alexis scenes and the Jaxis scenes. NLG is killing it, and she and IR work SO well together. I love how Jax knew something wasn't right and instead of letting it slide, pushed her, but did so with love and even when she blackmailed him to keep quiet, he urged her to get help and that he loved her. Alexis is a mess and in pain and denial and he just GETS her. Way better than anyone else in her life.

I had to laugh at Valentin being smooth and calm and that killer moment when Charlotte smiled and said "Papa" to the judge, that was awesome, as was his grin to Anna. I loved Anna and Griff's growing panic at Valentin easily pulling apart their claims.  Griff had no case, no claim, no nothing. He should have pushed for Claudette's mother to gain custody.

Franco/Liz. Ugh. I knew what Franco did wouldn't be taken seriously and that Liz would worry more about what going after Tom would do to Franco. And then it turns into a "let's promise to always tell the truth to each other" cutesy scene. Like, what the fuck, Liz wasn't ignoring Franco's requests. Liz wasn't lying to Franco's face. Liz didn't do ANYTHING so why the fuck is she saying 'we' instead of blasting him for his disrespect, lies and bullshit attitude when she finally called him out on it? Fuck this shit story.

• Love 6

Oh man. I re-watched that grin Valentin gave Anna 5 times. AMAZING. Still makes me chuckle. Charlotte's custody hearing is complete nonsense. This story is doing Anna no favors. I didn't think she could get worse than during the justice for Duke quest, but she has.

I would rather watch Liz prop Hayden over Franco any day.

I'm getting bored with Nelle. She needs to actually do something evil.

• Love 10
34 minutes ago, lovelynn said:

Oh man. I re-watched that grin Valentin gave Anna 5 times. AMAZING. Still makes me chuckle. Charlotte's custody hearing is complete nonsense. This story is doing Anna no favors. I didn't think she could get worse than during the justice for Duke quest, but she has.

I would rather watch Liz prop Hayden over Franco any day.

I'm getting bored with Nelle. She needs to actually do something evil.

Why would a story involving Anna, or any vet for that matter, being doing them any favors? Jelly and FV have made it very clear, that don't like doing hard things, like learning the history off this show or giving a shit what the characters would have done in the past, it isn't like they are getting paid for it. Unless they are redeeming a widely unpopular character that shouldn't even be on the show.

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 3
57 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Re: Previews - that's still not a redemption of Franco, show. STOP IT. UGH.

They can't possibly think that Franco cornering his sexual assault victim in an elevator is in any way redeeming. I hope Sam tells him he owes her a lot of things, not just an apology, and then tells him where to shove it.

• Love 1

Alright, I'm ready for Griffin to burst into some actual tears instead of just looking like he's on the cusp of it. It's like they're teasing me!

Did Roho finally get a trim? I amuse myself in their scenes by imagining Lucky making pained faces.

Why doesn't Bobbie mention how it feels like a Carly redux if they're going to have her be suspicious of Nelle?

I haven't thought Michael focusing on Sabrina was a big deal but I thought it was pretty glaring today not mentioning her as one of the reasons he's not ready to move on.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Why doesn't Bobbie mention how it feels like a Carly redux if they're going to have her be suspicious of Nelle?

I haven't thought Michael focusing on Sabrina was a big deal but I thought it was pretty glaring today not mentioning her as one of the reasons he's not ready to move on.

Because that would mean pointing out that Carly wasn't always the loving matriarch of Port Charles she is now. #eyeroll

And yeah, his almost-fiancée dying, like, a month ago not coming up in that conversation was weird, especially given the tension between Michael and Carly about Sabrina.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Lol.

She's dead! Michael should at least be pretending to care! :p 

1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

Because that would mean pointing out that Carly wasn't always the loving matriarch of Port Charles she is now. #eyeroll

And yeah, his almost-fiancée dying, like, a month ago not coming up in that conversation was weird, especially given the tension between Michael and Carly about Sabrina.

Meanwhile, Carly would SO love it if they dated because she would be Michael's passionate true love, I guess?

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, ulkis said:

She's dead! Michael should at least be pretending to care! :p 

Lol.

Girl, he proposed as a plot point to make her death more dramatic. This show thrives off plot points that never mean a thing at the end of the day but a week-long "reaction."

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Lol.

Girl, he proposed as a plot point to make her death more dramatic. This show thrives off plot points that never mean a thing at the end of the day but a week-long "reaction."

But they still dated for a while! At the VERY LEAST darn it, he should have been all, "mother Carly, all the women I date kind of have a tendency to die or vanish, so I would like to spare Nelle that fate."

@HeatLifer He also wanted to be a father to that boy! :sob: If he had already had a girlfriend, he would have told that girlfriend they would all be living in a cottage together!

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, ulkis said:

But they still dated for a while! At the VERY LEAST darn it, he should have been all, "mother Carly, all the women I date kind of have a tendency to die or vanish, so I would like to spare Nelle that fate."

@HeatLifer He also wanted to be a father to that boy! :sob: If he had already had a girlfriend, he would have told that girlfriend they would all be living in a cottage together!

And then the girlfriend would be like, "Er, that's not really your son." And Michael would say, "You're right. Let's ditch the kid and Carly."

/if only 

• Love 2

I just hate the pacing on this show.  Why are we supposed to care about stories when they crank up to 100 at a minute's notice (i.e. Griffin and Anna going after custody of Charlotte) or are forgotten immediately when they're over (the hospital serial killer/Sabrina's death/Liz and Rebecca Budig being sisters for the most part)?

• Love 4

"Christian thoughts, Father. Christian thoughts." Hee. I love Valentin like this.

Hey, Franco how about you let the rape victim decide for herself how to handle her rapist being out of prison, huh? And respecting that decision even if you don't like it? Gah. His attitude toward Liz is infuriating. Like she's the one who's done something wrong. Ugh. Run away, Liz. Far, far away.

1 hour ago, lovelynn said:

I re-watched that grin Valentin gave Anna 5 times. AMAZING. Still makes me chuckle. Charlotte's custody hearing is complete nonsense. This story is doing Anna no favors. I didn't think she could get worse than during the justice for Duke quest, but she has.

The entire custody thing is such a waste of time, and completely unnecessary and stupid, like all custody battles on this fakakta show. Tomorrow's preview is absurd: "What did you do to her?" huffs Griffin. I can't with this.

The Alexis story is completely stupid, too. And of course she'll likely be crucified for her alcoholism.

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

The entire custody thing is such a waste of time, and completely unnecessary and stupid, like all custody battles on this fakakta show.

This legitimately might be the worst, most nonsensical one they've ever done.  It's making the one over baby Georgie look like Shakespeare.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

I watched those scenes solely because I thought Bobbie would at least vaguely mention this. What a waste of my time!

I continue to absolutely enjoy the hell outta Valentin. 

The Alexis/Jax scenes were great simply because those two have great chem and their acting was great. 

If Franco wasn't a thing and if there were other writers and if we weren't in this particular time in our history as humans, then bringing Tom back and giving Liz a story from it could actually be so good. But all the aforementioned things make it icky. That being said, that brief scene between Liz and Tom at the end was good. BH will kill this story, even with how badly written it will be and how gross it is.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Hey, Franco how about you let the rape victim decide for herself how to handle her rapist being out of prison, huh? And respecting that decision even if you don't like it? Gah. His attitude toward Liz is infuriating. Like she's the one who's done something wrong. Ugh. Run away, Liz. Far, far away.

I really hate it when rape storylines focus on how it impacts the victim's male loved ones rather than the victim.  I understand how horrible and helpless it is when someone you love is a victim of a violent crime, however, a rape victim should not be further burdened by having to worry about how the men in her life are traumatized by the crime committed against HER.  How many women do not report being sexually assaulted because they are afraid of what their husbands, brothers and boyfriends reaction.  They are afraid of their loved ones anger and them getting into trouble by going after the rapist which only adds to the victims guilt and shame.  I understand the anger that comes with having someone you love being abused in any way.  However, it is crucial that you do not show that anger in front of the victim because it is not about you in that moment.  You have to suck it up and be there for the victim.    

• Love 11

I second (third?) loving valentin's 'Christian thoughts' line. Legit made me LOL, which isn't easy for this show. Why the hell does griffin think he has a case? He knows he isn't charlottes father. He even acknowledged to Anna that he has no legal or biological connection. So why are they both  pushing so hard for custody? Because Valentin is OMG teh evul? Charlotte certainly isn't afraid of him. I vote he gets full custody and then we never have to see the kid again.

• Love 7

And maybe, maaaayyyybbbbeeee, Griffin wanting custody/to raise Charlotte would make more sense if he had spent months, or even weeks, with her, thinking she was his daughter  But he knew her for like six minutes before Valentin showed up.  It makes no narrative sense AT ALL.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 17
59 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Charlotte certainly isn't afraid of him.

I KNOW. And we haven't seem him be anything but totally concerned and solicitous when it comes to her.

7 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

I think that if Claudette had her way, Nathan would be Charlotte's guardian. She thought that since he was a cop, he would be her best protector.

Then why didn't she put something in writing? She was thinking ahead enough to have a letter ready to go to her mother.

• Love 5

I'm also curious to see what the deal is with Bobbie going back to work at GH.

They should give Avery to Griffin, since they keep passing her around.  Bobbie was supposed to look after her, until the writers forgot and want her back at the hospital.

As if Carly would be carrying around the bank deposit in her purse.  And there would be a deposit bag or envelope, not just a random stack of cash.

eta.  I wonder what Laura does for money, since she doesn't have a paycheck?

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 2

If Anna, Griffin and Nathan were really just concerned about keeping Charlotte away from Valentin, then why not ship her off to re last secret residence? Her somehow-secret-from-Valentin, grandmother. Since she is a freaking blood relation who has spent more than 2 weeks with the kid. Anna, your supposition that Valentin is a big, bad EVIL doesn't work well if he has NEVER had any convictions. Or even a trial. And maybe you should've asked Charlotte if she wants to be away from a man she obviously adores, before this crap. Jesus, I love Valentin.  That Christian thoughts crack had me in tears.

Surely Bobbie is going back to work at GH because GH is short staffed. I'd say to spend time with Lucas, but that's a joke.

And who the hell has Avery? Ava was busy with Lauren and Lucy. Carly is at her old house. Nelle is with Carly. And Sonny is in the slammer for his penance for the next day or two. 

Damn BH for being able to show sheer terror just hearing a voice. Too bad that she is stuck in Franco hell. I would kill to have her in damn near any other story. Hell, have her try to protect Laura, Lulu, Spencer and even Charlotte by getting involved with the Cassadine plot. How about concluding the Helena/Jake stuff? Which could drag Jason in to it. Which could keep him away from the Sonny shit sphere. All Valentin would need to do is to ship off Franco and Nina and I would happily accept him as the King of Port Charles. 

• Love 4

Nelly is a piss-poor schemer. 

What was the purpose of the rape fakeout with Alexis and Tom?

Anna is so insufferable and I want bad things to happen to her. If Jelly wanted to give her ebola I would be fine with tat.

Just sitting here wondering why anyone is supposed to care about which newbie gets custody of the random kid of another newbie that's now offscreen. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ciarra said:

I wonder what Laura does for money, since she doesn't have a paycheck?

Because Laura was catatonic for several years, I bet Nick or Luke had set up some kind of trust fund to provide for her.  Laura does not seem to have many expenses.  She has lived with Nick for a long time and she says she is going to move in with Dante and LuLu so I don't think she has that many expenses.  It is too bad Lucky burned down the Spencer home when he found out about Liz and Nick.  I loved that set and it would have been nice to see Laura back in her home.

I loved the Jax and Alexis scenes today.  They have such love, respect and trust in each other that has lasted decades.  When Alexis threatened to expose Jax's secret about the kidney transplant if he called her girls and told them about her drinking, Jax did not lose his cool and make it all about him like Sonny would have done.  He knew she was frightened, humiliated and desperate.  He knew she would not reveal his secret and he did not fly off the handle and throw barware.  Jax expressed his love and concern for Alexis without judgement.  He might have been angry and disappointed in her "blackmail"/bluff attempt, but he made it clear that he loves her and if she needs him he will always be there for him.  Jax needs to be on the canvas permanently, unlike Sonny and Jason, he is a hero for whom you don't need a Silkwood Shower after you root for him.  Imagine GH having a hero that is not a murdering, sociopathic mobster.   

• Love 15
2 hours ago, ciarra said:

I wonder what Laura does for money, since she doesn't have a paycheck?

I assume that she is living off of the trust Nik (and I think, Stefan) set up for them. As she was considered a Cassadine family member. Stefan had built up his own personal fortune, as everything else was entailed to the estate. Which spent a lot of time in Helena's hands. And he wasn't the type of man to expect much money or help from her. And Stefan was the one to have hidden and paid for Leslie's care after her "death". The man was always planning, so setting up trusts for Laura and Leslie would be well in his personality. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Linny said:

Anna is acting so smug, inserting herself into a situation that has nothing to do with her. I'm going to enjoy watching Valentin defeat her and Griffin.

Seriously, Anna was acting like a prosecuting attorney in front of that judge, laying out all of the affidavits and expecting to roll over the real father. Why wasn't a real attorney there?

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Seriously, Anna was acting like a prosecuting attorney in front of that judge, laying out all of the affidavits and expecting to roll over the real father. Why wasn't a real attorney there?

They're spending/have spent the $ for Carolyn H. (Diane actress) and Kin S. (Scott actor) on scenes with Sonny or related to his (son's death) storyline. Alexis currently is not allowed to practice law.

• Love 3

So.... when Valentin repeated that Kevin stepped in front of the bullet, he didn't get 30 minutes of plot point from the judge that he was under oath and that perjury is a very very serious charge, like we did during the Baby Georgie case? Of course not.

I'm with Bobbie that Nell's up to something, but I had to laugh when Nell had the stack of money and said, "Yeah, Carly said to deposit it".

Sorry, Tom Baker, rapists aren't allowed to be redeemed unless they save the world from freezing or have a toomah.

7 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

What was the purpose of the rape fakeout with Alexis and Tom?

We got to see NLG in her underwear?

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, NutmegsDad said:

Is it me, or did they CommercialBreak'Splain how Jax got involved with Nelle's kidney donation to Joss, beyond paying off the black market?

They must have because all I heard was that Jax put out feelers on the black market, and the next thing I knew, Alexis was blackmailing him because he 'wrote a big fat check' or something.

Shut up, Anna and Griffin.  Sonny has 56 babies and ya'll not trying to take away his kids.

Elizabeth can not catch a break between psycho serial killer rapist Franco and the man that raped her as a teen.  I hope when this story ends that Elizabeth seeks professional help with Kevin and they realize that Franco has gone from controlling his victims to taking over her life and she kicks his ass to the CURB!

• Love 11

Didn't Joss get her kidney the same day she was diagnosed, which was also the same day DNAJ fake died? I'm pretty sure Lucky/Liz/Jason agreed to donate his organs very quickly after he was pronounced fake brain dead so I don't understand why Jax would need to turn to the black market. Also, I'm not an expert on black market organs, but I don't think you can just pay someone to find you an organ and have it delivered within like two hours. 

• Love 10
57 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Didn't Joss get her kidney the same day she was diagnosed, which was also the same day DNAJ fake died? I'm pretty sure Lucky/Liz/Jason agreed to donate his organs very quickly after he was pronounced fake brain dead so I don't understand why Jax would need to turn to the black market. Also, I'm not an expert on black market organs, but I don't think you can just pay someone to find you an organ and have it delivered within like two hours. 

Do you mean to say that you can not order human organs and have them delivered in 30 minutes or less?  What if he ordered it from Domino's?

• Love 14