Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

It was a lot more romantic when Nathan rescued Dante from a basement, I'm just saying. 

Poor, dumb Kiki. It was stupid of her to even say Morgan was in pain because of her but I guess she thought Michael told them.

Kevin looks nice with the glasses.

Griffin has the Sleeping Beauty "my finger just pricked a spindle" passed out pose down pat.

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, ulkis said:

It was a lot more romantic when Nathan rescued Dante from a basement, I'm just saying. 

How did they figure out which basement Maxie was in? The phone died before any GPS could be gotten, right? 

9 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Kevin looks nice with the glasses.

He also looked nice in that suit. Rowr. Get him, Laura.

• Love 3

I liked that Maxie reminded herself she was Frisco and Felicia's daughter and was active in trying to escape. Of course she had to pass out and be rescued by her man, but she wasn't completely helpless.

When Claudette and Charlotte are reunited, I want Charlotte to punch out Claudette for ditching her.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 10

Once again my TiVo has decided I really don't want to watch this show. All this week, instead of GH in the 3 pm time slot, my cable guide says 'To Be Anounced.' Which may just be more interesting than GH these days. So I guess I'll either watch it online tonight or just skip today's show completely. Doesn't sound like I missed much anyway.

The Maxie/Nathan stuff was one of the more piss-poor attempts at a romantic scene in a while. When Maxie slunk to the floor, KSt half-hearted it so hard she might as well have looked directly at the camera and said "now, I am. growing. weaker" and then flung her head back melodramatically to convey passing out. Then you have Maxie in Nathan's arms looking at him like she's pissed for some reason and he's vaguely concerned. Meanwhile Dante's in the background going, "oh, the perp. Back-up's coming, g2g" and it was a mess. 

• Love 6

Who would've thought that what started out as a ditzy fashionista finding a white glove in the pocket of her cop boyfriend's tuxedo, would progress to so much manufactured, contrived, tacked on nonsense? There's no way that I believe there was ever a storyline plan in place when Maxie discovered that white glove all those months ago.

• Love 8

Why did they have to ruin my enjoyment of Finn and Hayden with the shitfest that is Maxie and Nathan? Then there was poor acting Charlotte chucking her crayons like her spoiled brat mom. Valentin singing O Canada was pretty hilarious, and Sonny was watchable today. But please show, don't let Hayley ever cry again. I think she's a decent actress but she can't cry to save her life. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I loved Valentin singing "O Canada." It's nice to see a psychopath with a sense of humor.

I loved that, too. Whatever, I enjoy Valentin.

44 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I liked that Maxie reminded herself she was Frisco and Felicia's daughter and was active in trying to escape. Of course she had to pass out and be rescued by her man, but she wasn't completely helpless.

I was so glad they let her not be helpless. I wish she could have rescued herself but this was better than nothing.

24 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Once again my TiVo has decided I really don't want to watch this show. All this week, instead of GH in the 3 pm time slot, my cable guide says 'To Be Anounced.' Which may just be more interesting than GH these days. So I guess I'll either watch it online tonight or just skip today's show completely. Doesn't sound like I missed much anyway.

Same thing happened to me. I noticed when there was like 20 minutes left so I just watched from there. I'm not gonna bother trying to see the rest.

The Hayden/Finn kiss was bad. I hate ME's style with kissing scenes. Grabbing the woman and then seemingly trying to suck the life from her through her mouth is not sexy. Pretty funny though!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 8
11 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Grabbing the woman

I cracked up that he had to sort of hike Rebecca Budig (all of them) up because she's so teensy. And I'm not sure if ME knew whether he was supposed to kiss her right then or do the soap opera pause for commercial break. Hee.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, twoods said:

YAY Hayden and Finn goodness? Woo hoo, table for one here I come.

Table for two, at least.  I'm enjoying Hayden and Finn a lot.

Maxie said the cell was a burner phone, so no GPS.  Which begs the question how Nathan and Dante knew which building near the hot dog stand to search.  I thought that was a badly done segue, their going from Nathan not even knowing which hot dog stand Maxie is talking about to "Oh, there's Maxie!"  It feels, lately, like a lot of scenes are ending up on the cutting room floor.  Weren't we supposed to get scenes of Laura getting ready for her date and finding something familiar about Charlotte?

The most amazing thing to me, today, was Maxie finding that cell phone.  In the first box she looked in.  With a charged battery.  Sure.  I did like Anna's phone.  That was pretty.

Any theories on why Valentin's eyes look familiar to Anna?

• Love 3
On October 24, 2016 at 2:33 PM, Lobsel Vith said:

I think that had more to do with the loss of McBain than Jason's "death". FV and Co. have repeatedly shown that they 1) don't really care about Jason as a character; and 2) wouldn't know what to do with him if they did. I didn't hate RC's fallible Jasus but it bugged that the flaws he created were in service of McBain

I didn't think Jason was OOC; there were plenty of times he was an ass, he simply had his actions whitewashed under Guza. He robbed AJ of the chance to be a father, and almost everyone acted like AJ was the bad guy for wanting to raise Michael. The only difference with RC was that Jason's behavior wasn't as consistently coddled.

i think Jason was assy alllll the time but I do not believe the patron saint of raising other people's children is going to reject his wife's child after a single conversation with Sonny. I think  maybe he could get there, but you still have to build the foundation. Guza laid more of a foundation when he had Sam watch Jake get kidnapped. 

Nor do I believe that Sam was going to run off to repeatedly talk about her personal life with a cop. I thought Sam/McBain had chemistry but I got so frikkin annoyed by the relationship shortcut laziness. It's a soap! conflict and relationships are the point, why rush through them?

I guess McBain also bothered me less because he was a competent cop in a town that usually bent knee to the mob, and I had hoped he would be a catalyst for a better portrayal of the cops overall. Which is why I think McBain becoming buddies with Sonny over Rectonia was horrible.

i think The presence of Anna/McBain provided a real opportunity to add tension to the tired Sonny/Jason gummi-bear dynamic by providing real rootable good guys and if RC hadn't driven ratings into the toilet with crap like Peter Harrel, Franco and Fluke - that might have been explored

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

Sometimes it amazes me that Nathan and Maxie are still a thing.

Relatedly, this Claudette shit didn't spinter their relationship, like, at all.  I figured they'd tee up moving Maxie over to Griffin as part of it, but we haven't really seen any of that either.  So what exactly was the point?

• Love 8
40 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Relatedly, this Claudette shit didn't spinter their relationship, like, at all.  I figured they'd tee up moving Maxie over to Griffin as part of it, but we haven't really seen any of that either.  So what exactly was the point?

Seriously. I feel like they changed their minds for whatever reason. I wonder if, when they got BW for the part, FV decided he wanted BW and MC tested instead. That would explain why when Claud finally hit town she had feelings for Griffin and not Nathan.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

And I'm not sure if ME knew whether he was supposed to kiss her right then or do the soap opera pause for commercial break. Hee.

I thought that, too. That whole scene was actually hilarious.

5 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Seriously. I feel like they changed their minds for whatever reason. I wonder if, when they got BW for the part, FV decided he wanted BW and MC tested instead. That would explain why when Claud finally hit town she had feelings for Griffin and not Nathan.

I feel like there's no doubt that they either changed their mind or they never had any idea what they were gonna do to begin with. And I could see your spec of FV wanting to test BW with MC being true for sure.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, ulkis said:

There did seem to be a veer in the writing.  When she first showed up, she seemed way into Nathan, regretful about how she lost/cheated on him, hugging their wedding photo, reminiscing about the good times, etc..  But then all of a sudden, it was Griffin she wanted, Griffin she manipulated her job to be by, Griffin she was all up on, etc.  

Very strange.

11 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

They're Duke's eyes.

Or maybe she remembers Luke's eyes from their gross romance.  Because no way that's actually Duke's granddaughter.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Syndicate said:

Who would've thought that what started out as a ditzy fashionista finding a white glove in the pocket of her cop boyfriend's tuxedo, would progress to so much manufactured, contrived, tacked on nonsense? There's no way that I believe there was ever a storyline plan in place when Maxie discovered that white glove all those months ago.

I don't think they fully have a story line plan in place for it now.  

37 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

They're Duke's eyes.

I bet cat eyes come in real handy for a bad guy.  Better night vision will be a huge advantage for Valentin when he eventually traps everyone at Wyndemere and cuts the power.  

Edited by KerleyQ
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:
2 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

crap like Peter Harrel

The complete and utter terribleness of that story stuns me to this day.

Either I am subconsciously blocking this out or I was on vacation because I have no clue what this storyline was.

I have a bit of a cold and I dozed on and off during today's show.  When Carly was yelling at KiKi I shouted "Shut up Carly" at the tv.  Mr. Moving starting laughing at me and woke me up.  He is the one that always shouts that when Carly is you know being Carly.  The two of us began to wonder, how many other viewers shout "Shut up Carly" at their tv.  Show of hands?

• Love 11

Honestly, I don't care how Nathan found Maxie.  I'm just glad the kidnapping didn't last very long at all.

I'm one of the few who actually does like Kiki (at least with Hayley in the role, as I certainly didn't with Kristen in it), so I felt for her when Carly was going off on her.  I almost wanted her to remind Carly that she guilted her into staying with Morgan in the first place and see what kind of reaction she garnered from her.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

They're Duke's eyes.

Somehow Duke is related to him? Or he's Dewq with a plastic Valentin face? I like the "cat with 9 lives" theory best.

Ugh I hope they aren't Helena's eyes and she's baaaaaaackk...

• Love 1

Was the whole Nathan/Maxie rescue scenario simply (choose one):

• A very cheap way to insert a meaningless cliffhanger into a weekend.
  • A petty means of showing that Maxie has brains, when she can remember how to use them
  • An opportunity to admire Tree using his muscles
  • A shoutout to Luke/Fluke's excellent basement adventure
  • A tease to the bored audience that Maxie might be blown apart like Morgan (if you pick this one, extra credit given to those who can name any personal identifying articles to be found at the scene instead of remains)
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

They're Duke's eyes.

Or more specifically, they're Duke's corneas? Perhaps we'll learn about another contrived tale that Valentin developed an eye disease which threatened to cause blindness (or it already progressed to full blindness) if he didn't have surgery to remove his damaged corneas (and find new ones).

Edited by Syndicate
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Syndicate said:

Or more specifically, they're Duke's corneas? Perhaps we'll learn about another contrived tale that Valentin developed an eye disease which threatened to cause blindness (or it already progressed to full blindness) if he didn't have surgery to remove his damaged corneas (and find new ones).

Sounds about as plausible as the make-it-up-as-you-go offical sl of the current trainwreck.  Can't you just see the writers inside a pentagram and a protective circle, tossing their dice to determine which way the plotline twists tomorrow:</sarcasm>

"Snake eyes! Blond character kidnapped by bad guys!"

"Pair of douches! Sonny and Carly have a screaming match at home!"

"Douches again! Jasam spend an evening whispering incomprehensible nothings in the dark by the fire!"

</sarcasm>

In the spirit of Halloween and in honor of being freed from Morgan (for however long), I say we need either or all of these, Frankenstein's monster, Dracula, Dr. Frank-N-Furter, et. al. to off more people in as heinous a fashion as possible. Provided they stay dead. I nominate Franco, Claudette, Nina, and Griffin for starters. And Anna soon, if she doesn't STFU about Duke. UGH.

Of whom I listed above, I think it would be so awesome to see ol' Frank in a garter from RHPS try to get close to the mob contingent. At least that would be FUN. Hell, even Eddie the half-brained delivery guy that Frank offs. And hey, Frank is great with a pick axe or chainsaw! (Depending on the show versus movie!) Maybe he can begin with Sonny, then move on to Carly and then Jason! I dream big.

• Love 2

The Hayden/Finn kiss was weird...but ok. I guess. IDK. I wish Finn would just take the money and STFU.

I like how Nelly and now Carly are the only people ever allowed to take issue with precious Kiki. Fuck her. And fuck Sonny for not pulling a gun on her. 

Disappointed Maxie was rescued so quickly. I was hoping she would be held captive offscreen for awhile.

The Maxie/Tree hot dog scene was probably supposed to be cute but it was actually corny as hell. It's crazy the amount of manufactured drama these two idiots have had in their short relationship. Who the fuck cares. They might be even more generic and boring than Dillon and Kiki.

Not sure why someone thought it was necessary to bring Valentine back, especially if he isn't going to kill Calud and have Charlotte sent away before anyone finds out she's the Lante ******.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Not sure why someone thought it was necessary to bring Valentine back,

I genuinely started laughing when he sang O Canada. And then I hated myself for it.

20 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

And fuck Sonny for not pulling a gun on her. 

Come on now. He only pulls guns on people he loves. 

• Love 8

The worst part about Valentin is his original characterization - before it got dropped - sounded intriguing. Even Helena made reference to fearing him. I can't imagine Helena being afraid of this incarnation. I think Avery is more intimidating.

GH is where potential goes to die.

And whomever had the initial concept for Valentin ought to sue JP/SA for emotional distress.

• Love 8

I'm not quite understanding why Maxie couldn't look at one of the myriad boxes WITH SHIPPING LABELS lying around that basement and find an address. I mean, when she was on the stairs talking to Tree I just kept shouting 'LOOK TO YOUR FUCKING LEFT, MAXIE, DAMN!'

I get that the set dressers just dumped whatever empty corrugated boxes they had on hand into the scene, but they should be fired. Just like everyone else on this shit show. Have a damn care about the product you put onscreen, asshats.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Was the whole Nathan/Maxie rescue scenario simply (choose one):

• A very cheap way to insert a meaningless cliffhanger into a weekend.
  • A petty means of showing that Maxie has brains, when she can remember how to use them
  • An opportunity to admire Tree using his muscles
  • A shoutout to Luke/Fluke's excellent basement adventure
  • A tease to the bored audience that Maxie might be blown apart like Morgan (if you pick this one, extra credit given to those who can name any personal identifying articles to be found at the scene instead of remains)

So far, my half-assed tally is a phone (which oddly wasn't destroyed), a necklace, a weird piece of jewelry, and I think a shoe?   Maybe a ring.  Like, everyday Dante comes over with something else that belonged to Morgan.  I think one day it was a bag of ashes. 

8 hours ago, ciarra said:

Does this mean that Kiki is fired from her non-work at the Metro Court?

That will happen when Sonny and Kiki make sweet, sweet love.   It's so going to happen.  

Ugh.  Carly is mad at everyone because her son was killed?  Because he was treated unfairly?  How do you think Monica feels everyday of her life?  

• Love 8
On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 7:53 PM, Chairperson Meow said:

I remember Carly blackmailed Ava into dropping full/sole custody, but I'm catching up on the week and much like writing a show and feminism or common sense, Jelly knows nothing of joint custody and how that works either.  Wed/Thursday, Sonny barks at Ava that she has "five minutes to see Avery" before he "changes my mind".  He then tells her, after catching her in Morgan Brah's suspiciously clean room (with participation trophies!!!! haha) that she now has "two minutes to see Avery and go".  He later tells Nelle, or AJ's secret daughter (because damn that scene about Sonny and hatred was hitting me over the head with "Red Herring/Lol" so hard)  that Ava is not allowed in the home to just see Avery.  Um, dude, that's not how joint custody works.  Also, who is Carly to set this up?  Should that not be for the parents and/or a court of law?

Yeah, but Carly has that sex tape that she instantly put into the cloud, so all she has to do is show it to the judge and Ava will never see Avery again (CarlyManiacalLaugh.mp3). So Sonny and Carly can dictate terms on a whim.

This is the same Carly and Sonny who whined like Tonya Harding about the court-supervised join custody and the time limits, and how clever they were when they got the maid to give the court-appointed observer some knock-out drug, er, tea, and had her go asleep so they could have Avery longer than expected.

18 minutes ago, Chairperson Meow said:

That will happen when Sonny and Kiki make sweet, sweet love.   It's so going to happen. 

I'm not even mad at this.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

The worst part about Valentin is his original characterization - before it got dropped - sounded intriguing. Even Helena made reference to fearing him. I can't imagine Helena being afraid of this incarnation.

I'd be thrilled if Valentin told Claudette that AndSonnyAndJasonDefeatsHimInThreeSeconds was a fake, and they have the wrong Valentin.

More squee if there are V-Clones walking around.

BTW, I'll give Show props if Minion calling Mariah Maximillia "Maxie" wasn't a writer's screwup, and that they knew she wasn't Claudette after all.

18 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Doesn't the cell phone have a GPS locator on it?

Burner phone.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Badsamaritan said:

I'm not quite understanding why Maxie couldn't look at one of the myriad boxes WITH SHIPPING LABELS lying around that basement and find an address. I mean, when she was on the stairs talking to Tree I just kept shouting 'LOOK TO YOUR FUCKING LEFT, MAXIE, DAMN!'

I feel like dumbass Maxie has gotten even dumber these last few years. 

5 hours ago, Lillybee said:

Is Clawdette even Charlotte's mother? Griffin should ask for a paternity and maternity test on that poor child.

Charlotte is probably the Lante ******. What's that, Charlotte is too old to be the Lante ******? She is. What's your point?

53 minutes ago, Chairperson Meow said:

I hope Sonny and Kiki screw and then afterwards he's so ashamed that he has her killed so no one ever finds out.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 5
37 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

I hope Sonny and Kiki screw and then afterwards he's so ashamed that he has her killed so no one ever finds out.

This is Sonny we're talking about. He'll probably see it as romantic, shove oranges in her mouth, and ask Max to carry her up the stairs.

15 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I forgot to add, no one even found out (besides Maxie and O) Nathan shot a man for sleeping with his green card wife! This was truly a friggin pointless interlude.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Griffin isn't even allowed to be angry that a piece of shit tree shot him. In fact, he apologizes to the tree for complicating his life. 

Griffin's just happy Nathan didn't stone him for adultery. That's what he and Claudette truly deserved.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

In the spirit of Halloween and in honor of being freed from Morgan (for however long), I say we need either or all of these, Frankenstein's monster, Dracula, Dr. Frank-N-Furter, et. al. to off more people in as heinous a fashion as possible. Provided they stay dead. I nominate Franco, Claudette, Nina, and Griffin for starters. And Anna soon, if she doesn't STFU about Duke. UGH.

Of whom I listed above, I think it would be so awesome to see ol' Frank in a garter from RHPS try to get close to the mob contingent. At least that would be FUN. Hell, even Eddie the half-brained delivery guy that Frank offs. And hey, Frank is great with a pick axe or chainsaw! (Depending on the show versus movie!) Maybe he can begin with Sonny, then move on to Carly and then Jason! I dream big.

Don't dream it, be it.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Griffin's just happy Nathan didn't stone him for adultery. That's what he and Claudette truly deserved.

Claud deserves to have her face melted off for being a Canadian evildoer. How dare you misrepresent Canada in this manner. 

• Love 9