Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, backhometome said:

LOL at Sabrina getting a montage but not Nik or Luke or even when Jason his memory back. But we needed one for Sabrina and her bff. 

Someone let Ron in the building. It was ridiculous. So glad that character is gone, for reals.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

Could the writers be trying to save Julexsis by having Paul drug Alexis today but potentially having drugged Julian during the time Carlos was a threat not only to Julian but to Paul as well.  Carlos had been working for Paul when Sonny was shot? 

That would be incredibly dumb - so yes, probably.

• Love 12

I'm just glad they carted the body away. That trial is painful to watch as in I hate this thing so much. Thanks Paul for victimizing Alexis even more by drugging her so that you can save your ass from jail.

And yeah, Julian, get your hands off her.

41 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

Could the writers be trying to save Julexsis by having Paul drug Alexis today but potentially having drugged Julian during the time Carlos was a threat not only to Julian but to Paul as well.  Carlos had been working for Paul when Sonny was shot? 

Possibly, which is ridiculous. I mean, I guess if Sonny and Carly are lovey-dovey again, Julexis can be too, but still. But, I'm biased. WdV comes off cold to me.

Carly: fake laugh

Nina: fake laugh

I've always said I didn't mind early Sabrina but I may have to take that back. That triple high five flashback, egads. However, I don't mind them giving a flashback montage for Sabrina - they didn't think they were writing out Nikolas permanently at the time, Tony Geary blocked them from giving one for Luke and when Jason got his memory back, they probably didn't want to remind people of Steve and/or were too lazy to get BM to re-create some flashbacks.

A+ for Jane Elliot again, as usual. For LC too, nice scene between them.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Bishop said:

It annoyed me when the other day, it was Jordan, Nathan, and Andre trying to figure out the clues to the killer.  All I could think was "Why isn't Dante, the vet, in that room figuring this out?"

I was annoyed too, but not anymore because this show being what it is, that scene and today was probably a required contract-fulfillment day scene for both Dante and Nathan, and Dante got to team up with Jason lol.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, ulkis said:

However, I don't mind them giving a flashback montage for Sabrina - they didn't think they were writing out Nikolas permanently at the time, Tony Geary blocked them from giving one for Luke and when Jason got his memory back, they probably didn't want to remind people of Steve and/or were too lazy to get BM to re-create some flashbacks.

No need to explain, Frank. :P

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

This is the town that was fooled by Ava's wig.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

"Fooled by Ava's Wig: The Story of How an Entire Town was Bamboozled by a Weave."

But, damn it! She had a VERY CONVINCING JERSEY ACCENT!  And that mesmerizing wig! *sobs*~~~PCPD

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Bishop said:

I agree completely except about the ingenue part.  Michael is the total opposite of that, considering what he has been through and survived and how he has been able to be the most normal member of his family.

Up until she became a wig on a stick Laura survived everything that Michael had and more - and she was the ultimate ingenue. It didn't mean that she was weak, just a particular character type. CD's Michael is the same type. DG? not so much

• Love 1

Monica's cologne/after shave clue, and saying she's smelled it before in the Q mansion, has me thinking maybe Tracy will catch on to Paul.

Monica and Tracy are two of the few bright characters left, but as dumb as these folks can be, how long should it be before either woman realizes it's Paul? It wouldn't be Dillon, Ned or Michael, and I doubt any unseen male servants go around doused in after shave or cologne. Of course, it's been what, almost a  year since Paul has lived there, so Monica remembering that she has smelled it at the mansion is  a stretch, TBH. Especially since, no disrespect meant, at her age such a small detail wouldn't stand out for such a long time. But hey, whatever catches him, IDC. My feelings about the idiocy of Paul being the killer aside, at least they are not dragging out the time from the audience reveal of the killer to him probably getting caught.

I will laugh for days if Tracy kills Paul and then goes to jail for it while Sonny and Julian are roaming around free. Honestly!

Don't forget Jason, Franco and Ava in there. I think, if JE is leaving, and they aren't going to kill Tracy off, it's the next best kind of exit. Dillon kills Paul-accidently or not-and Tracy covers for him-or Tracy kills Paul protecting Dillon. It'd be a grand exit story for Tracy because she'd be in control of it, instead of the silly "tail between her legs" exits she always had when Edward banished her. I can't imagine the police would press charges if it is in any way self defense, though. But Blackie Parish was in jail for years (still is, isn't he?) when Lou's death was basically an accident. So who knows? Still holding out hope that if JE stays, there is a custody battle with Uncle Joe over Teddy, because I always wanted JVP/JE scenes-but I haven't even watched Joe, and based on recaps, it doesn't seem Frank is invested in the character. Which begs the question why even bring him back, but that's Uncle Frank for you.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

I guess that Jason still hates cops. He really gave Dante and nasty death glare when Dante told Michael that they would find the killer. I hope that it doesn't mean Jason to the rescue.

Are we sure that wasn't just a Billy Miller "oops forgot I'm on camera,  and accidentally showed my loathing for this show" face?

• Love 5
Just now, Oracle42 said:

He probably misses working on sets that aren't made of cardboard

hee. But I don't know if Y&R's scenery is much better at this point. I watched a scene from a couple of months ago where Joshua Morrow was crying and collapsed against a nurses' station, which then moved, heh.

• Love 5

oh, and why does Sonny want to testify? How could his word be considered remotely plausible?

also, random thought - has anyone noticed that ever since they took LLC off-contract random Olivia kissing up to Sonny scenes have  disappeared? Thank goodness for small favors.

• Love 5

Wow, nice for that great CarlyIsTheBestestMomInTheWorldAndSheLovesWithHerWholeHeart! callback from Nina of all people. Yes. CARLY is the best mother in Port Charles.  *Courtney eyeroll* 

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I watched a scene from a couple of months ago where Joshua Morrow was crying and collapsed against a nurses' station, which then moved, heh.

I gotta say, this is the kind of thing I do feel sorry about for the actors.

• Love 2

So, at this point, Paul needs to get rid of a pair of cufflinks, a pair of pants, a pair of shoes, and his cologne.  I see shopping in his future!

Even if Monica connects up the cologne to Paul, is it like no one else in town uses the same brand?

Edited by Fellaway
  • Love 6
34 minutes ago, Fellaway said:

So, at this point, Paul needs to get rid of a pair of cufflinks, a pair of pants, a pair of shoes, and his cologne.  I see shopping in his future!

Even if Monica connects up the cologne to Paul, is it like no one else in town uses the same brand?

Yeah, but Paul is a rich guy who seems to like the finer things in life, high end stuff. It's probably not a smell she would encounter at the hospital since she spends most of her time there. 

The other filthy rich guys in town like Sonny haven't set foot at the mansion in a long while. At least that's how I justify it. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, aw86 said:

I almost felt bad about Sabrina dying and then they showed that montage.  MY God she she was obnoxious.  Thanks for reminding me, Frank! 

You mean you didn't care about Felix's pain, how dare you! #sarcasm

I'm serious, given his reason for occasionally being trotted out is gone, I really hope this is also the end of Felix.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

What the hell was the point of those Nelle/Nina scenes?  Why is Chloe Lanier being wasted on blah?

When Nelle was all, "She is a force of nature," I was rolling with laughter. They have got to be kidding me with this shit.

2 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

The amount of stupidity and incompetence on this show is ridiculous.

Me in the writer's room:

tumblr_ntflpjEfJM1tpri36o1_250.gif

2 hours ago, ulkis said:

Carly: fake laugh

Nina: fake laugh

I had a really hard time dealing with that.

1 hour ago, IWantCandy71 said:

I can't imagine the police would press charges if it is in any way self defense, though. 

I'm pretty sure Matt killed Lisa (I think that's her name) in self-defense-ish circumstances and he's still in prison. Basically killing in self-defense is the only thing you do jail time for in PC.

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

hee. But I don't know if Y&R's scenery is much better at this point. I watched a scene from a couple of months ago where Joshua Morrow was crying and collapsed against a nurses' station, which then moved, heh.

I love that scene!

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm pretty sure Matt killed Lisa (I think that's her name) in self-defense-ish circumstances and he's still in prison. Basically killing in self-defense is the only thing you do jail time for in PC.

He should be released soon. Didn't he get 5 years or something? Or did I make that up like the show does?

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

When Nelle was all, "She is a force of nature," I was rolling with laughter. They have got to be kidding me with this shit.

Oh, I forgot about that. I wish the writers could still me actual stink eye at that, because my eye is still really freaky at the moment.

Speaking of, doesn't that just sum up this show? A couple breaks up and the man moves on to a bunch of airtime and a new pairing, and the woman, even when it's soap superstar Michelle Stafford, pops up to talk about babies.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Fellaway said:

No, but it just needs to a light bulb moment when they start putting two and two together. 

I just hope Ava rushes in and nabs the incriminating Ava-AJ tape before the cops ransack all of Paul's stuff.

• Love 4

I have to say, NLG killed it. It was an understated performance, and it really made me flash back to young adulthood when you were to desperate to hide your under-the-influence status from authority figures. Not that she even knew she WAS, but those early scenes, where it's still kicking in, were especially subtle. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

Are we sure that wasn't just a Billy Miller "oops forgot I'm on camera,  and accidentally showed my loathing for this show" face?

This may be more likely.

Yesterday, I thought he did a nice job of talking to comatose Monica, and then newly conscious Monica, showing appropriate facial expressions. 

But then today, when he came into the hospital room and put his hand on Michael's shoulder, the look on his face did not seem compassionate to me. It was either "What did I eat for lunch that was spoiled?" or "I'm going to kill you now because you know too much."

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I just hope Ava rushes in and nabs the incriminating Ava-AJ tape before the cops ransack all of Paul's stuff.

Ava is as nasty as Paul, Sonny, Jason, the whole lot. They all need to GTFO. (I know Sonny and Jason will be the cockroaches that last, but I still have my delusions there.) But Ava? Julian? Paul? BYE!

And where Paul is concerned, as said, Richard Burgi is better off leaving this shitshow. I know Maura West is considered a soap superstar, but...I don't get it. And with no Nik to tease Ava/Nik (just as well there) and being gross with her own brother, I don't see what's left for her. Unless it's to fight about her rugrat with Sonny. And no. Been there, done that. Just kill the kid. Even if the toddler playing Avery is cute. But this kid serves no purpose.

Frankly, this show could still easily stand to lose another 10 to 15 people. And I nominate Ava, Julian, Franco, and Nina, for starters. Maybe Wallpaper Dillon, too. Maybe knowing Daddy was a killer and a nut will make him leave town. (This show has zero idea what to do with this version of Dillon.)

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

oh, and why does Sonny want to testify? How could his word be considered remotely plausible?

also, random thought - has anyone noticed that ever since they took LLC off-contract random Olivia kissing up to Sonny scenes have  disappeared? Thank goodness for small favors.

Wait, in 2016, they took not one, but two, women who just had babies off contract?! 

Look, ladies, I know you have a union steward and all, but you two might want to hit Hunter Tylo up for her employment attorney's telephone number.*

*Two male actors recently leaving perhaps, or perhaps not, notwithstanding.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Francie said:

Wait, in 2016, they took not one, but two, women who just had babies off contract?! 

Look, ladies, I know you have a union steward and all, but you two might want to hit Hunter Tylo up for her employment attorney's telephone number.*

*Two male actors recently leaving perhaps, or perhaps not, notwithstanding.

I really doubt LLC's being taken off had anything to do with her having a baby though. TeCa, maybe.

1 minute ago, ulkis said:

I really doubt LLC's being taken off had anything to do with her having a baby though. TeCa, maybe.

LLC playing a useless not needed character could have something to do with her being taken off contract and I heard that TeCa wanted out to spend time with her kids. 

Eh, at least Ava isn't paraded around as some esteemed member of good society.  Unlike the town kingpin, Sonny. So she has that going for her in my view. MW is doing the best anyone can ask with the absolute shit storylines she is given. And I say that as someone who generally hated her ATWT character. 

I don't mind bad guys and gals. All shows need them. Either as villians or as redemption projects. I have issues with truly horrible scumbags being made into town heroes. While being fucking criminals.

Franco has to be reborn. Either as a new character or as a victim of the real Franco. Keep him as Heather's and Scotty's son. Just de-serial killer him. And it would explain his art talent drain.

Nina is worthless. HayChel is just terrible. Develop the other damn characters! Jordan, Andre, Finn, etc. 

Edited by stlbf
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I agree. I get the feeling - based on nothing, so, grain of salt - that they deliberately waited until TeCa was back from her maternity to let her go in order to avoid a lawsuit. Both characters are unnecessary, and writing in their pregnancies was even more so.

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

Why didn't Jordan give Alexis a breatherlizer test?

She's not under arrest, she's a witness. There's no cause for Jordan to administer a breathalyzer. Not that that ever stopped this show, but still...Alexis could tell her to go fuck herself and be well within her rights. 

1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

He should be released soon. Didn't he get 5 years or something? Or did I make that up like the show does?

It was five years.  Sigh.   I miss the early Ron era.  It wasn't bad.  I'm actually watching this week now, well Wednesday on and it's meh.  Jason has crayon colored hair, Roger Todd Franco has that weird frizzy hair you get when your hair is dirty and you got caught in rain.  Micheal Easton has decent hair.  I don't know wtf is going on with Scotty's hair, but I want an invite to that party.  Ugh, Felix.  I'm still salty we never got a Tree/Sobby pairing.  All that pretty on one screen. 

Like, legit, guys, is Lulu for real trying to conceive a rape baby?  She wants to have the Stavros baby?  Wtf are these writers on?  Seriously, are these idiots questioning why the ratings are low?  Lulu Spencer, who aborted Dillion's baby, is now so desperate to be pregnant that she wants to conceive her own rape baby?  What the ever living fuck are these women on?  And Paul Hornsby, the DA, whom killed some weird robot agent for raping and beating his invisible daughter is now murdering the elderly and defenseless young women in hospitals?  Because Sonny and Jason are our heroes?  I ... have homework.  Did I legit...like is this really happening?

• Love 7