Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Also? I don't care about the unnumbered deaths of random mobsters. I do care about the PC denizens that Franco hurt before and after his tumor. I care that he decided to come live in their town and gets in their faces and continues to be a creepy, whiny gross sociopath despite being "cured". 

Pretty much this. And I just can't compare Jason and Sonny to Franco, at the end of the day, no matter how much I hate all of them. Two of them I've watched for 20+ years and the other I hated at first sight.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

Yet she doesn't respect Sam or her privacy, thinks nothing of telling Franco the SERIAL KILLER that Sam is pregnant not even two seconds after Jason told Liz they weren't telling anyone.

Well, to be fair, Sam fully and completely, dropped that in Liz's lap. She didn't have to, Liz didn't guess or find out. Sam 100% told Liz when she had no need to do so.  Now maybe Liz should have kept her word even after Jason knew, but if Sam didn't want others finding out, she shouldn't have told Liz.  She was a fool.

• Love 2

I hate Sonny most of all.  And Jason quite a bit, although it is different with this new Jason.  And I never even saw the worst of the Sonny/Jason crimes back in the day.  I hate Franco, even though I was a fan of  RH on OLTL.

From my perspective, they all fall into the same category. At least Jason and Franco have excuses, brain related.  Sonny has no excuse other than he is a disgusting degenerate.

But while we are on the subject, I can not even tolerate the self righteous Alexis, who, beyond supporting Julian in his crimes, was a criminal/and I think murderer(?) in her own right.  

So in the end, if I am going to watch happy family scenes with the likes of Alexis, Sonny and Jason, I can tolerate those with Franco. Same same.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

This Dillon/Morgan/Kiki triangle is such a huge waste of time. I appreciate that Dillon is deciding to move on from her, but I know it won't last. Even if Kiki and Morgan break up they're going to get back together once it comes out that Ava switched his meds.

Ava and Sonny have the same *conversations* over and over and over and over again. Shut the fuck up and die.

When Sam was telling Spin that she and Liez were making progress I was like "when?" Sam hasn't punched Liez in the throat repeatedly, which is unfortunate, but it's not like they're having in depth heart-to-heart conversations about their history. Has Liez even offered Jason and Sam a sincere apology for what she's done?

Did Sam apologize for coming to Liz's house and ultimately contributing to it blowing up?  Did Jason lift a finger to help the son he supposedly says he loves find a new home to live?  I'd say Liz and "Jasam" are even.  Cause that's how this show rolls.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, coffee drinker said:

Did Sam apologize for coming to Liz's house and ultimately contributing to it blowing up?  Did Jason lift a finger to help the son he supposedly says he loves find a new home to live?  I'd say Liz and "Jasam" are even.  Cause that's how this show rolls.  

Intentionally lying to someone and their loved ones for months about someone's identity because they thought that it was finally "their chance" is not comparable to a house getting accidentally blown up. 

I think Sam did apologize. And Liz and her children were not homeless, they were able to get a place to stay in a NY minute. She probably had home insurance, Jason didn't have to do anything to help find a place for his kid to live. Liz, Jason and Sam are not even and the show is stupid to even try to hint or say that they are.  

• Love 10

At Haus Nutmeg, during Commercial Break:

"Franco is trying to reach Jason. Watch Jason get pissy about Franco trying to call him, then get pissy again about just hearing about Liz in critical condition and  why didn't Franco contact him sooner, and not because Jason was ignoring all of Franco's calls and messages."

"And watch Carly get pissy because Liz got critically injured and ruined Sam's and Jason's Special Day."

*back from commercial*

"We know this show too well."

*Fast forward through Sonny threatening Ava for the I-lost-count-th, wishing TMZ, YouTubers and Russian hackers would just release the audio to the universe*

Edited by NutmegsDad
The show repeats itself so much, I am starting to repeat myself.
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, stlbf said:

Meh. Jason and Sonny have ZERO room to be judgemental of Franco. They have MURDERED JUST AS MANY PEOPLE AS FRANCO.

Yeah, but Franco was mean to Sam and Michael. And when I said "mean to",  I mean with the Original Recipe Franco kidnapping and retconned Not!Raping Sam and Not!OrderingAPrisonRape of Michael. Hate to say I understand, but I understand.

That doesn't mean there are other characters who have done worse and their victims are all "Bygones! We cool now...."

10 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

I need somebody to get inspired by Clockwork Orange and force the writers to watch some any pre-RC episodes of this show 

We'll have product placement of Milk, and Sonny will secretly finance public performances of Beethoven.

12 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

1. Djksskjskaajsjsksksks. 

2. This show has had Sam in a bubble for so long. I'd be shocked if they "tainted" this baby.

If decades of soap watching have taught me nothing else, it's that there are no coincidences when it comes to baby story lines.  And, any time more than one is running at the same time, there will be shenanigans.  So Sam popping up pregnant at the same time as Lulu is talking about getting her hands on that embryo isn't coincidental.  Add in the anvils about Sam's complete and utter happiness that can't be destroyed, and it's almost a given that she's carrying that unholy embryo.  Did we ever find out who was watching them have sex in the barn?  Because it just occurred to me that it was likely a Cassadine minion who was keeping tabs on them, and once Helena found out they were sleeping together, she knew it was time to move forward, since Sam wouldn't question how she got pregnant.  (Of course, if we did find out it was someone else, entirely,who was spying on them, then never mind that last part.)

8 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

No, I don't think she's ever apologized for forcing Jason to wear that clown nose.

Please, this Jason was probably disappointed that he didn't get to wear that damn clown nose for his wedding.  "Can I at least wear it in a few of the pictures?" He carries that sucker in his pocket.  

• Love 1
16 hours ago, fishcakes said:

I really like Dollar Store Dillon now. I don't know when that happened.

I know right! I mean I liked him OK from day 1, but at this point he is like 1 of less than a handful of characters I still actually like. And I think RPW is doing a great job with this story. 

9 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Has Liez even offered Jason and Sam a sincere apology for what she's done?

LOL! Fat chance!

8 hours ago, dr. gailey said:

Most people know I am not a Jason fan first. But I forever give him a free pass when it comes to Franco.

I have always hated Jason and I always will but this. I think Jason would be 100% justified in killing Franco himself tbh.

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

Please, this Jason was probably disappointed that he didn't get to wear that damn clown nose for his wedding.  "Can I at least wear it in a few of the pictures?" He carries that sucker in his pocket.  

That reminds me of his creepy, serial killer look and laugh when Spinelli said he assumed he and Sam would have written their own vows.  Truly, I don't understand Billy Miller's acting choices--assuming they're his.  Maybe the director is telling him "play Jason like an angry frat boy."

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Cheyanne11 said:

That reminds me of his creepy, serial killer look and laugh when Spinelli said he assumed he and Sam would have written their own vows.  Truly, I don't understand Billy Miller's acting choices--assuming they're his.  Maybe the director is telling him "play Jason like an angry frat boy."

BryDog - "But that's my thing!  He's trying to steal my Emmy!!" 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I have always hated Jason and I always will but this. I think Jason would be 100% justified in killing Franco himself tbh.

He's already done it once -- come on, dude, I'm begging you, second time's the charm!

• Love 11
12 hours ago, ulkis said:

Seriously. The funny thing is, you just know S/C and Jasam will now go another 6 months without a scene together.

Let's hope so, because that whole thing was awkward as hell. Between Carly's over smiling, Jason acting like someone who is named Billy Abbott, and Sonny who looked like he was getting his teeth pulled, I'm glad that this is over.

Even the Sonny/Sam scenes which I usually enjoy kind of felt awkward to me. 

9 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Yet she doesn't respect Sam or her privacy, thinks nothing of telling Franco the SERIAL KILLER that Sam is pregnant not even two seconds after Jason told Liz they weren't telling anyone. I don't think she's capable of offering a sincere apology for what she's done because she didn't think what she did was wrong. And no one around her is telling her that it was. Except Carly, that one time. But Liz hates Carly, so it was in one ear and out the other.

I'm assuming Franco will not be able to resist and tell Jason about it while acting all innocent?

Yeah, Sam told Liz, but Liz had no business telling Franco of all people. You wanna cry about how good things never happen for you, and how Sam is having another baby with Jason? Write it in your diary, don't tell the guy who tormented the woman, made her believe he raped her, and that her miracle child was his.

Liz is such a cow who doesn't get her nose rubbed in her misdeeds nearly enough. Everyone always forgives her as she goes on about her woe me, I'm the town pariah. Give me a break, you poor constantly victimized vindictive as fuck person.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, Jazzy24 said:

Intentionally lying to someone and their loved ones for months about someone's identity because they thought that it was finally "their chance" is not comparable to a house getting accidentally blown up. 

I think Sam did apologize. And Liz and her children were not homeless, they were able to get a place to stay in a NY minute. She probably had home insurance, Jason didn't have to do anything to help find a place for his kid to live. Liz, Jason and Sam are not even and the show is stupid to even try to hint or say that they are.  

Just as stupid as making Liz the heavy for poor widdle "Jasam" in the first place.  

30 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Wait, Liz told Franco that Sam was pregnant?! Fuck that shit!

Meh, Sam could/should have kept her trap shut to begin with.  *Kayne shrug*

Edited by coffee drinker
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

If decades of soap watching have taught me nothing else, it's that there are no coincidences when it comes to baby story lines

And it's not that I'm disagreeing. I'm just also looking at how this show has treated Sam for years. Maybe they're finally giving her something and she'll do something other than talk about her happiness and how she loves everyone, yay. I'll gladly be wrong.

11 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh that's a soap trope I love and hate in equal measure - everybody has everybody's phone number, even if they're mortal enemies and wouldn't really need to be calling each other.

And they have their professional head shots, too.

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh that's a soap trope I love and hate in equal measure - everybody has everybody's phone number, even if they're mortal enemies and wouldn't really need to be calling each other.

It's the soap equivalent to there always being an empty parking space right in front of the building.

29 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I will never not find this hilarious.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

I keep telling everyone, that baby is not theirs.  It's totally the StavLu embryo.  

I don't think so.

Spoiler

There was a casting rumor about a little girl Cassadine who is rumored to be StavLu spawn That was probably the reason for the heavy emphasis on Lulu carrying her own child.

21 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Sam going on about happiness means something gigantically bad is on its way. Thanks for those anvils, Show.

I think Jason is going to disappear on his wedding day and everyone is going to blame Gentle Farmer Franco but GFF will be vindicated! when he finds/rescues Jason and everyone will forgive him and totes forget that he's a sociopath who stalked and tortured them because these "writers" are trash.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

That always cracks me up.  Everyone in town has everyone else in town's professional portrait as their caller ID, even people they're not particularly close to.  It amuses me even more when it's someone you just cannot picture taking the time to set those pictures to each contact.  Like, I fully expect, say, Maxie or Kiki to have pictures assigned to each contact in her phone, but I'd call bullshit on seeing Jason looking at his phone and seeing a caller ID picture coming up for anyone other than Sam (OK, or Carly, who probably put it in there for him).  

• Love 3

Hey, Jake remembered he has brothers named Cameron and Aiden!  That said, I still hate the way the show spotlights and separates him from them, mostly to prop up stupid Franco.  I wonder if Jake knows his super awesome art therapist kidnapped his baby brother at birth.

I don't understand why Griffin was apologizing to Maxie.  He doesn't owe her - or the man who fuckin' shot him - shit.

Shut up, Lulu's baby rabies.

• Love 10

I don't have a problem with Jason hating Franco.  I DO have a problem with this show trying to say Jason is better than Franco. Much like I have a problem with the show saying Sam is better than Liz. IDC about any of them, individually, together. Whatever. I think far too much of the show has been eaten by all four over the years, and all four of them are a huge part of why the show is unwatchable for me. No, Jason doesn't get in the faces of his former victims...but that could be because they are all dead, and getting in their face would be....weird. Them calling Franco a "freak" does not now, nor will it ever, make Jason less of a scumbag. Liz and Sam being involved with either man just makes them look like desperate, hypocritical idiots. There's nothing rootable there, in any combination.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

And Nina's and everyone else's. 

Did Liz always have a rare blood type, or is it today's plot point?

I believe it is a plot point.

I don't have the energy to rant about Lulu wanting to go after the Stavros/Lulu e****. It's absurd. These writers just don't know the characters AT ALL.

• Love 6

Aww so now Franco and Hatechel /Rebecca are going to pull off a miracle and save Elizabeth's life with a blood transfusion. Kind of reminds me of the nick-of-time rescue when baddie Sonny got the bomb off the Haunted Star and saved the PC population. Franco will be saving a life instead of taking one! Franco will be worshipped anew by moppet Jake! Bonded in sisterly bliss, Hatechel and Liz will be besties. Rebecca Budig will be cemented firmly in the canvas. What unexpected developments!

• Love 4

I have despised Jason since about '98, but at least he has a character history and we know how he morphed into a monster over time.  

Franco is just so offensively stupid and contrived on every level - from his convoluted family connections to Roger Howarth's hammy acting, to every stupid story they've put him in.  In that regard, he offends me more than Jason.  

The Sam / Liz arguments between fans are way more interesting than the show at this point.  

• Love 8
1 minute ago, SlovakPrincess said:

I have despised Jason since about '98, but at least he has a character history and we know how he morphed into a monster over time.  

Franco is just so offensively stupid and contrived on every level - from his convoluted family connections to Roger Howarth's hammy acting, to every stupid story they've put him in.  In that regard, he offends me more than Jason.  

Are you using the word "acting" very loosely? 

• Love 7

Why couldn't Robert tell Dante and Lulu together about the Creighton Clarke nonsense? So annoying.

And speaking of not-so-subtle misogyny, while I'm not a Hayden fan, does Curtis have to call her Cupcake? They don't seem close enough for that sort of nickname.

I'm glad Curtis and Finn acknowledged that Curtis has been around GH enough for people to know he doesn't work there.

Oh, god, SHUT UP, Maxie. Griffin didn't bring Claudette to town, and he's not responsible for any of her actions. Gah. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Are you using the word "acting" very loosely? 

Yeah, just assume the quotes are there whenever I talk about his "acting"*  or whenever I talk about the "writing" on this show.

*Full disclosure: I didn't really care for him even when he was at his best, on 90s OLTL.  But he's like TG for me ... deservedly caught everyone's attention with his early performances, but became overrated, and eventually collapsed in a heap of acting tics.  Yes, that's really mean.  No, I don't feel bad.

• Love 9

Why would they ever bring up the shitty Creighton Clark crap again?!  the "writers" keep regurgitating these awful plots from The Very Worst of Ron's Regime ... I'm glad they fired his ass because he irreparably ruined the show, but the new people didn't come with any new ideas!

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Why couldn't Robert tell Dante and Lulu together about the Creighton Clarke nonsense? So annoying.

I wish Robert had slid them a file containing a single picture...

140922_sq.jpg

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9

Yeah I get your irritation just like I get irritated when Sam shares a scene with Liz after finding out what she did months to Jason,

Liz was basically chill after Sam stood by and let Jake be kidnapped. They've done horrible things to each other. 

Even the writers cannot think of a thing to do with them other than take turns throwing them down stairs or splitting them up/reuniting them with the same men. The idea that either one is better or more of a victim than the other one, is just bizarre to me. I can't understand why multiple men have fallen all over themselves for either one of them, TBH.

Edited by IWantCandy71
17 minutes ago, SlovakPrincess said:

Yeah, just assume the quotes are there whenever I talk about his "acting"*  or whenever I talk about the "writing" on this show.

*Full disclosure: I didn't really care for him even when he was at his best, on 90s OLTL.  But he's like TG for me ... deservedly caught everyone's attention with his early performances, but became overrated, and eventually collapsed in a heap of acting tics.  Yes, that's really mean.  No, I don't feel bad.

I think the whole Marty rape SL was one of the most overrated SL's on daytime, anyway. The *only* performer I thought was in any way decent in that whole mess was RH, and I have no doubt that if I went back and watched old clips, I'd realize even he was vastly overrated. I think time has a way of distorting memories and opinions, and that is no exception. I *will* say that I'll take RH's tics over either SBu or BM's vanilla blandness. Any day of the week, hands down.

• Love 2

Sigh. I find the Lulu/Dante scenes too embarrassing to actually watch, which bums me out because I am a) a fan of scruffy Dante and b) I like Robert.

Oh, poor Hayden of Arc! Must be so physically exhausting to be interrogated by the oh so intimidating Valerie. Like being interrogated by a kitten with sharp teeth. And yeah, she has an awesome boyfriend, who is running around town helping out another woman.

We were discussing in the press thread how it would be cheesy to cast Walt Willey as Hayden's dad, but I wouldn't have minded Anna Stuart as Hayden's mom. This actress doesn't have quite enough bite.

Of course Jake knows what a spleen does because Franco gave him a coloring book about the human anatomy, and not because his mom is a nurse. 

Wait, what? I guess Griffin is not officially on Liz's case, since he changed into his clothes and went out for a stroll. KSt still looks haggard. :(

Griffin: If I seduce Claudette, you'll feel guilty too!

Oh Griffin. You're cute, in more ways than one.

Besides all the usual complaints made about Franco/Liz, there's one aspect that also sticks out to me - 2014 it was teary eyes over Carly, last year about Nina, and now about Liz. This is the third year in a row Franco is crying over some woman basically saying, "no, NOW you're really the one who can love me."

14 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I wish Robert had slid them a file containing a single picture...

140922_sq.jpg

Lulu: I wish I could kiss it!

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

And speaking of not-so-subtle misogyny, while I'm not a Hayden fan, does Curtis have to call her Cupcake? They don't seem close enough for that sort of nickname.

Wasn't that Luke's nickname for Lulu?  Now they're re-using stupid nicknames when there's so many other misogynistic ones like "Buttercup" or "Sweet Pea"...

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm glad Curtis and Finn acknowledged that Curtis has been around GH enough for people to know he doesn't work there.

That reminds me, I liked dayplayer nurse. Let her be recurring, instead of Amy.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Wasn't that Luke's nickname for Lulu?  Now they're re-using stupid nicknames when there's so many other misogynistic ones like "Buttercup" or "Sweet Pea"...

Sweet pea is what Lucy used to call her kids lol.

5 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

No, Luke's pet name for Lulu was "Gumdrop."

8 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Besides all the usual complaints made about Franco/Liz, there's one aspect that also sticks out to me - 2014 it was teary eyes over Carly, last year about Nina, and now about Liz. This is the third year in a row Franco is crying over some woman basically saying, "no, NOW you're really the one who can love me."

Yes, THIS!  The only difference so far is that Franco hasn't had to save Liz from Heather. #eyeroll

• Love 4