Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Rarely do I take notice of real life celeb couples,  but I really liked Brandon and Kirsten.  They seemed so loving and happy and quite under the radar.  Sometimes I think a whole lot of people just can't live together.  I hope he wasn't dogging around.

Edited by TessHarding2

KS looks really bad. I feel bad for commenting on it but it's like so glaring. I hope she's OK.

I'm ashamed to admit this but I'm kinda into Griffin/Claudette. It's kinda horrible because he is way ott with his hate for her and she's such a cliche, but I think they're hot. Whatever!

I feel like I was irate about everyone acting like Hayden in the devil, but then I got too bored to care so meh.

Hayden/Curtis! I love their friendship so much. I'm torn between wanting them to stay friends and wanting them to fuck tbh.

I kinda didn't hate Valerie today. But lol if she's the one who solves the hospital murder case.

I literally don't give one shit about Nathan or Dante anymore but that hug was adorable.

ETA: Oh I forgot, Kevin/Laura were cute. And tbh I thought their kiss was kinda hot.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, ulkis said:

She's been pretty stressed lately. She recently took a break because of acne she was getting from stress as well.

The way they've been doing her makeup though. GH's makeup department is borderline incompetent. They need to lay off the contouring for her. I know she's a fashionista, and elaborate makeup is a thing, but no...

Anyway...the episode...zzzzzzz

Serial killer is a spiffy dresser. Curtis looks good in a suit, Nathan needs to go away, he can take Claudette with him, whoever thought that was a good idea. Maxie needs to shut up about the woman already, the only good thing about Nina is her wardrobe most of the time. Alexis' shirt was inside out, and I just really enjoyed her today. They should stop giving Cassadines funerals, that's like throwing money out of the window.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Darklazr said:

Olivia being killed off by the hospital killer is worth 10, 000 upvotes.  Lante can raise Leo and Lulu can stop baby rabies talk.

Hell kill Leo off too. Unless they make him Ned's. 

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Well, I'd be a hypcrite to complain because I don't want characters I like/d to get killed off. But with Nikolas I don't think it's just cause it happens so often, but because this just happened with Nikolas and because he's a Cassadine.

I kinda actually do think everyone reacted appropriately. Lulu and Laura cried, and the rest of town shrugged because he alienated everyone else. The only one whose reaction I really think they messed up is Liz's, hell she should be tearier than Lulu and yet, freaking Ava is sadder than Liz.

I'm not saying he should have really been killed off. I'm saying the show still needs to show proper reactions from relevant people. I just can't say I agree that they did. Lulu was wearing a freaking summer dress at his prayer circle. Liz was SO unlike Liz if I'm to believe he was her BFF.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

KS looks really bad. I feel bad for commenting on it but it's like so glaring. I hope she's OK.

I kinda thought she looked, well, kinda evil, between the tons of roots, how lean her face looks, and her madam of a saloon pjs. And then I wondered how KSt would do as an actual bad girl sans the ditziness. Let her go actual bad instead of stupid bad. 

• Love 4

Poor Dante didn't get enough time to visit with his soul mate, Lucky.

I really like shirty Alexis. Her attitude toward Sonny was great.

Curtis's "Valerie! Stay with me!" was really badly done.

I'm really tired of Laura's guilt about leaving Nik with the Cassadines. She was kidnapped and raped, and held hostage on an island. Wanting to leave isn't the worst thing, even if it means not taking your son with you.

Nathan/Claudette/Griffin is SO BORING. 

• Love 4

I've just marathoned five episodes (with some healthy FF'ing).

I've never really bought into the Lulu's embryos were going to pop up theory, but what else would Olivia's grandmother premonition be?  She just knows she has a granddaughter out there.  Unfortunately it would be a Lulu/Stavros baby.  But following to the obvious conclusion, Dante will miraculously be the biological father of baby girl Spencer.  Can we just skip to the end?

Maybe I mix with the wrong crowd, but outside an event such as a wedding, I don't know when I last saw a man wearing a cufflink.  Certainly not in this century.  And certainly not lurking in hospital labs.

I don't understand Reiko.  Is he Finn's alter ego?  Imaginary friend?  Giant invisible rabbit?  I thought it was going to be his tragically lost lover, but then he rambled on about Hayden.  I also suspected that it would be another lizard - wrong.  And for one creepy moment, when Finn was drawing up the drug and soliloquying to "Reiko", I though the camera would pan to a man bound, gagged, and tied up like some lab animal.  Surprise!  Finn is a Dr. Frankenstein.

Is this whole Luke thing only to cover a JE vacation?  I've never understood the necessity to build up an elaborate excuse for an actor to be off camera.  Occasionally mention them - or not.  No biggie.  The lengths that they went to to explain Luke's absences were ridiculous. 

I was a little surprised at the Laura/Kevin kiss.  Wasn't expecting the tongue, but it wasn't bad.

2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm uncomfortable, too.  I'm not into body-shaming or referring to anything having to do with her skin issues.  But I'm also uncomfortable ignoring EDs, because they are often ignored and enabled into the grave.  It's very concerning to me.

• Love 1

29 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I'm uncomfortable, too.  I'm not into body-shaming or referring to anything having to do with her skin issues.  But I'm also uncomfortable ignoring EDs, because they are often ignored and enabled into the grave.  It's very concerning to me.

I hate that they make such a big deal about skin issues but it is ok to be skeletal on screen.

• Love 3
On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 0:32 PM, LexieLily said:

How are we supposed to find this charming that Franco broke into Liz's car and hid in her backseat waiting for her to get off shift to talk to her? That's how all the Lifetime movies start.

I don't need to comment on Franco doing this because so many already have, but ... when I was pretty young I saw a movie where a guy hid in the backseat of a car and strangled the woman who got in the front seat.  I'm now 62 years old and I NEVER get in my car, especially if I'm alone and/or it's after dark, until I have checked the backseat, and I live in a small town.  Am I the only paranoid female out here?  How can so many "soap women" be so naïve even after tons of marriages, kidnappings, rapes, etc.?

• Love 10
59 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Is this whole Luke thing only to cover a JE vacation?  I've never understood the necessity to build up an elaborate excuse for an actor to be off camera.  Occasionally mention them - or not.  No biggie.  The lengths that they went to to explain Luke's absences were ridiculous. 

I think the rumor is JE

is going to retire.

She seems to have some good friends over at GH, and she and BB still seem close, if she has a real problem she will probably have someone to help her.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm really tired of Laura's guilt about leaving Nik with the Cassadines. She was kidnapped and raped, and held hostage on an island. Wanting to leave isn't the worst thing, even if it means not taking your son with you.

then when she tried to get him back, Helena met her at the airport and told her that her attempt to take Nik got her mother killed (although that was a lie).

Is this whole Luke thing only to cover a JE vacation? 

Spoiler

or setting up JE's permanent exit.  Rumor is she's retiring.

The more I see Kevin & Laura the more I like the pairing.

• Love 3

setting up JE's permanent exit.  Rumor is she's retiring.

I hope they come with something more fitting than

Tracy running after Luke. Tracy and JE deserve better.

4 minutes ago, LegalParrot81 said:

The more I see Kevin & Laura the more I like the pairing.

I like them, too. I hope they write them as adults. It's been pretty good so far. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, rur said:

And Griffin and Claudette: No, no, noooooooooooo! Can't we even have a priest on this show who stays a good guy? Who acknowledges his guilt but doesn't feel the need to lock lips with a psycho?

"What's his racket?"

"His racket? He's a priest."

"Are you kidding? So what? That don't make no difference. Everybody's got a racket."

Sorry! Favorite movie. Had to!

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, apbr said:

I don't need to comment on Franco doing this because so many already have, but ... when I was pretty young I saw a movie where a guy hid in the backseat of a car and strangled the woman who got in the front seat.  I'm now 62 years old and I NEVER get in my car, especially if I'm alone and/or it's after dark, until I have checked the backseat, and I live in a small town.  Am I the only paranoid female out here?  How can so many "soap women" be so naïve even after tons of marriages, kidnappings, rapes, etc.?

I definitely do that too. I don't live in a small town but I'm of that mind set that anything can happen. So yes I always check my car out before getting into it. And the women of GH defiantly should too. 

• Love 2

Wide-eyed Claudette is just playing both of these men for reasons, seemingly, not made clear yet. Weak Griffin refers to her as some "test" that he failed. TEST? Who was administering this "test?" Was Claudette "testing" him just to see if she could get a priest naked and horizontal, or was Griffin "testing" himself to see if he could be pulled into bed by a woman despite being a priest? And why? Did Griffin want to be seduced out of his priestly clothing? I didn't get the dialogue on this.

Edited by Syndicate
1 hour ago, Syndicate said:

Wide-eyed Claudette is just playing both of these men for reasons, seemingly, not made clear yet. Weak Griffin refers to her as some "test" that he failed. TEST? Who was administering this "test?" Was Claudette "testing" him just to see if she could get a priest naked and horizontal, or was Griffin "testing" himself to see if he could be pulled into bed by a woman despite being a priest? And why? Did Griffin want to be seduced out of his priestly clothing? I didn't get the dialogue on this.

Dammit.   Just rip  his shirt off and let us see the goods.   Matt Cohen is probably the only decent looking guy with decent looking hair left.  Let him be a manwhore and end this priest thing.

• Love 1

What the hell is Claudette's game here? A fucking clue every once in awhile is helpful in drumming up interest in new character with a completely unknown agenda. She comes back to meet back up with Nathan. Tangles with Maxie. Leaves a job. Literally runs into her eX lover, Griffin at the hospital.  Get a job at the hospital. Wants Griffin to keep quiet about being Nathan's shooting victim. WTF is going on here? We still don't know jack about Claudette. Or her plans.

• Love 4

She wants Nathan. No she still wants Griffin. I don't think the writers even know what Claudette's plans are. Olivia's still around huh? I like LLC but when was the last time she had her OWN story? Not playing interloper or overly involved mother/mother-in-law? She needs to meet her untimely end with the hospital killer. Dante will be given something to do. 

• Love 2

I like how rookie cop Val is doing more work on this serial killer investigation that detective Dante.

I'm so tired of Laura and her hateful bullshit. Nik was not victimized by big bad meanie Hayden. HE TRIED TO HAVE HER MURDERED AND YOU HELPED HIM GET AWAY WITH IT. How about you hop off your pedestal and save the righteous indignation because you have no moral high ground here.

Claud needs to choke on a baguette.

I wanted Lulu to punch Maxie in the throat. No one gives a single fuck about your dumb tree. What a terrible friend she is.

• Love 8

I don't think the writers even know what Claudette's plans are.

Unless a new character - is a solid actor - and the role is a doctor or nurse, this soap opera does NOT need you.  Substitute Maxi and Hayden are good soap actresses - imho - but there's no need for them on the show.

And this was the summer of Sonny and his whiny kids and Nina.  Lucky us.  So - there have been FOUR recent murders at the hospital this summer and the writers have written more lines for Sonny about Julian than there has been about a serial murderer on the run at General Hospital.  ok.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

And, I believe, Laura's mother was murdered by the Cassadine minions as a "warning" to keep quiet.

Laura going into Berzerk Mode overhearing "pre-nup" in another hall turned me off. We're going to see her fight tooth-and-nail because Reasons and Spencer for Hayden not get one dime. I know Hayden has ballistic proof that Nik tried to shoot her, but that's not as good as a stolen thumbdrive with a recording that bounces from person to person in this town....

Cut scene (Thank God!)

Alexis: Nina! What are you doing here?

Nina: I want to let you know I want a baby and... oh, Sonny! I want a baby!

Sonny: My sperm is strong.

Alexis: (runs to throw up)

Oh, Alexis, you'd be telling the junior members of the Coven to STFU and find something else. You can do more than lawyer. Heck, even Scotty and Lucy are going after sidejobs. Maybe you can be Sonny's new enforcer*.

*-not responsible for wet tablets, laptops, keyboards, and/or monitors

• Love 3
17 hours ago, ulkis said:
17 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

I love Off-Screen "Hey, ok, he's dead? RIP. GTG" Lucky.

17 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

2) The mention of Lucky's off-screen attendance.  I'm torn.  I mean, the character should be there and it's off-screen so why not say he attended.  But just tossing it in off-handedly like that...why?  And couldn't they have thrown us a bone and said he went to see the boys afterwards?

I'm torn as well. Lucky would absolutely be there, but at the same time if the reason they had an off-screen funeral was because they know Lucky would be there and they didn't have a Lucky, I could have absolutely bought Lucky saying he wasn't coming because he didn't believe it and if Nik was still missing in a year, then yeah maybe he'd swing by lol.

Oh, I LOVED that scene, where Lucky showed up, and he and Liz had that long-anticipated talk, and how the chapel was filled with all the newbies and the vets, and Robin and Patrick showed up with Emma, and they brought in Lucas and Brad and even Britt, and even Sonny and Carly there, but there was that CLASSIC scene where Scotty laid into Sonny about Karen, and Sonny wept and asked for forgiveness, and....

.....oh, that was all offscreen too.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

I like how rookie cop Val is doing more work on this serial killer investigation that detective Dante.

To be fair, patrolling the hallways and doing room sweeps at GH isn't what a detective would be doing. It's right that it's Valerie. That said, I can't believe this is the big summer story. Four nobodies are dead, Lucas is fine (not that I want him dead), and no one has a clue what's going on. They're basically waiting for someone else to die. Why aren't we seeing the killer going into a room? Someone seeing him/her slip out and not realize it until the patient codes? Why isn't a more prominent character hurt? The stakes are so ridiculously low. Even if the rumor that

Andre

is the killer is true, zzzzzzz. No one has been affected.

8 hours ago, stlbf said:

What the hell is Claudette's game here? A fucking clue every once in awhile is helpful in drumming up interest in new character with a completely unknown agenda. She comes back to meet back up with Nathan. Tangles with Maxie. Leaves a job. Literally runs into her eX lover, Griffin at the hospital.  Get a job at the hospital. Wants Griffin to keep quiet about being Nathan's shooting victim. WTF is going on here? We still don't know jack about Claudette. Or her plans.

This story is so aggravating. Once again, it's all about a Jezebel who's luring men from the true path. Spare me. Also, go away, Claudette. You aren't needed or wanted. (Sorry, BW. I like you, but you're useless here through no fault of your own.)

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

To be fair, patrolling the hallways and doing room sweeps at GH isn't what a detective would be doing. It's right that it's Valerie. That said, I can't believe this is the big summer story. 

And if Val hadn't been poking around around in files that were none of her business, since she was doing a sweep and it's pretty unlikely that the hospital killer was hiding between a couple sheets of paper, she probably wouldn't have gotten knocked out. So, to me, it's definitely right that she got clocked. 

• Love 2
On 8/10/2016 at 8:12 PM, TeeVee329 said:

22 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

17 hours ago, rur said:

And Griffin and Claudette: No, no, noooooooooooo! Can't we even have a priest on this show who stays a good guy? Who acknowledges his guilt but doesn't feel the need to lock lips with a psycho? 

A priest on a soap is not going to stay true to his vows.  It's why the writers put a priest on a soap in the first place.  As for Claudette, I hate that Griffin is kissing her because I loved how he was fighting with her and not falling for her manipulations.   I don't like that Claudette is so smug and able to manipulate everyone.  I was hoping that Griffin would set her straight.

Also - Kevin and Laura's kiss was hot!  It was so great to see those two together finally, and that was no peck on the cheek either.

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 3

Awww will we be seeing Liz's pout pout face today after she hears Jason's big news? 

I thought Griffin and Claudette were kinda hot? Much better than Maxie and Nathan- she is even more self absorbed now than her baseline. How is that possible?

Shocked that I didn't hate Sonny's convo with Alexis yesterday. Of course it was ruined by Nina.

Shut up Laura- who cares if Hayden gets money from your stupid ass son's inheritance? He tried to shoot her in the head, or did you forget about that? It's not as if that horrible Spencer needs any more money- let him be a townie for a few years so he can grow up. At least that kiss with Kevin at the end made it better- I may have to watch more often if they are getting screen time.

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, Bishop said:

A priest on a soap is not going to stay true to his vows.  It's why the writers put a priest on a soap in the first place.  As for Claudette, I hate that Griffin is kissing her because I loved how he was fighting with her and not falling for her manipulations.   I don't like that Claudette is so smug and able to manipulate everyone.  I was hoping that Griffin would set her straight.

I know that a priest on a soap will have to be dealing with something related to his vows. Essentially, I agree with you. I don't want him struggling with feelings for Claudette. Besides, I think he deserves a little respite after being abused by almost everyone in town for not wearing a neon "priest" sign as soon as he crossed the city line. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I don't understand Reiko.  Is he Finn's alter ego?  Imaginary friend?  Giant invisible rabbit?  I thought it was going to be his tragically lost lover, but then he rambled on about Hayden.  I also suspected that it would be another lizard - wrong.

Seriously what was up with that? I've been ffwding Finn scenes lately so I thought maybe I just missed something. Does anyone have any idea what's happening there?

9 hours ago, Bwill3133 said:

I don't think the writers even know what Claudette's plans are.

Bingo.

55 minutes ago, twoods said:

I thought Griffin and Claudette were kinda hot?

OK good I'm not alone!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Seriously what was up with that? I've been ffwding Finn scenes lately so I thought maybe I just missed something. Does anyone have any idea what's happening there?

I think he was *talking to* his dead wife. 

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

That scene was so classic Michael Easton Character Emo Manpain hour. "Hello, dead wife/sibling/hamster. It is I, sad Michael Easton who acts like a jerk but am talking to you so you know I really have feelings underneath. Sorry about that time I treated like you like shit pretending I wasn't into another woman but I totally was and you broke up with me and I could be with the other woman even though I stared at you judgementally and claimed I wanted to be with you. Just kidding, of course I'm not sorry, it was your fault. Anyway, Woe, soon I shall perish too and join you, wife who I claimed was too good for me but that was a total lie, I could have probably gotten someone hotter. Perhaps it's better that way. But not really, because you're related in some capacity to me and so would have been as annoying as Rafe or Nina, and I'm definitely not as annoying as them. Right, dead fridged off-screen character we've never met??? Right?? Answer me goddammit!!"

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 16
6 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

That's what I thought too, that he was holding a convo with his wife. And she's giving him her blessing to be with Hayden?

Also, how long before someone else is afflicted with whatever it is that he has? That terrible storyline will not be contained to like 3-4 people. I'm sure the writers will wanna spread the wealth (please don't. In fact, I'm more than okay if he dies).

Curtis: Stay with me Valerie! You probably have a concussion.

Valerie walks around like she hasn't even been conked over the head.

I'm so over Lulu's baby fever. That whole cheating story I hate you let's get back together and solve our problems with a questionnaire pulled from the internet that forces us to be have sex almost right away because sex solves all the problems in the world let's now make a baby because we need two neglected children instead of one is just ugh...

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, ulkis said:

That scene was so classic Michael Easton Character Emo Manpain hour. "Hello, dead wife/sibling/hamster. It is I, sad Michael Easton who acts like a jerk but am talking to you so you know I really have feelings underneath. Woe, soon I shall perish too. Perhaps it's better that way. But not really, because you're related in some capacity to me and so would have been as annoying as Rafe or Nina, and I'm definititely not as annoying as them. Right, dead fridged off-screen character we've never met??? Right?? Answer me goddammit!!"

His worthless loser dead wife will show up by the end of the year. Next February if I'm being generous. 

• Love 8
16 hours ago, ulkis said:

I kinda thought she looked, well, kinda evil, between the tons of roots, how lean her face looks, and her madam of a saloon pjs. And then I wondered how KSt would do as an actual bad girl sans the ditziness. Let her go actual bad instead of stupid bad. 

But Maxie was a bad girl. Manipulating people, dealing drugs, and faking pregnancy. That was my absolute favorite Maxie. The whole ditzy thing started with Spin. It was one of the reason why I hated Spixie so much. The new writers got that Maxie and thought that was the Maxie character. 

• Love 2

I watched a couple episodes and Jelly might be as awful as RC. 

Claudette is a zombie.    How else to explain her lack of emoting?

The makeup artist is an imposter.

The show is fixated on Sonny and Babies.   Neither are interesting.    

Laura and Kevin work.  They're one of the few things that do. 

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, TwistedandBored said:

But Maxie was a bad girl. Manipulating people, dealing drugs, and faking pregnancy. That was my absolute favorite Maxie. The whole ditzy thing started with Spin. It was one of the reason why I hated Spixie so much. The new writers got that Maxie and thought that was the Maxie character. 

I feel like she was a ditzy bad girl though. I'd have to go back and watch the clips, I didn't pay much attention to Maxie at the time. KSt looked so cutsie that even though she was an actual bad girl at that point that I feel it kinda impeded on my being able to take her seriously.

• Love 1
On 8/18/2016 at 11:39 AM, LeftPhalange said:

Laura and Liez both need to shut up and leave Hayden alone. I wish she would record herself getting them to admit that Nik had her shot and they kept quiet. Maybe then they'd stay away.

Not for me.  Larua can say as much as she wants to Hayden.  Hayden is no shrinking violet, and considering how the new writers love to just completely change a vet character's personality to suit a storyline, I am not going to throw the vets under the bus to prop the newbie.  I actually like Hayden, but she's no innocent.  Liz can come off self-righteous considering her many mistakes, but Laura, as Nikolas' mother?  Hayden can't say squat, especially when she is given the benefit of the doubt by Laura and then gets caught on the phone discussing if the pre-nup is valid now that Nikolas is dead.

• Love 4

I think Griffin and Claudette would work together so much better if they didn't have that ridiculous backstory of Griffin being a priest. It's fine that he's a priest, but this is no Thorn Birds. His reason for sleeping with Claudette seemed to be based on feeling sorry for her that her marriage went kaput, not because he was attracted to her in a major way. 

25 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

But what about what Nikolas signed over to Valentin?  I mean, obviously, that was coerced and could easily be contested, but still, I would imagine the writers had that happen for a reason.

Valentin has to file it in court, which he probably can't do from Greece. I'm also not sure if he can benefit from something while he's in prison. Of course, I'm applying somewhat RL standards here. I'm sure he'll swoop in and take everything, leaving poor Spencer with a miserly stipend and a tiny studio apartment in town.

Gah. IDGAF about Spencer. Never have, never will. Can he please be a victim of the hospital killer? Or a stray bullet? Or anything deadly?

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Gah. IDGAF about Spencer. Never have, never will. Can he please be a victim of the hospital killer? Or a stray bullet? Or anything deadly?

I'm not sure what if anything Spencer would be able to inherit. He's illegitimate Corky spawn