Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I miss the Jason who didn't know how to read a map. *goes back to watching '90s GH to eradicate this episode from my brain*

Hee. I was going to write about how Dante could barely drive on the left side of the road when he and Lulu were in Ireland, but now it's okay to entrust him to fly a plane. Oh, skillsets*, what are those? Kudos to everyone in the Cassadine Island group for not bursting into hysterical laughter and then tears.

*Except for doctors, who have always been able to do any field on GH.

• Love 9
42 minutes ago, ulkis said:

The sad thing is, I don't think they do. It feels so perfunctory. Guza did it out of love. They do it because they think that's what the GH audience wants.

It actually really pisses me off that they neither know nor care who these characters are. They've been writing this show for a year and there's not even the smallest indication that anyone on the writing staff (except Korte, I guess?) knows anything about the history of the show aside from what they've learned in their attempts to shoehorn Rebecca Budig character into a core family

• Love 4
(edited)

Nathan: Claudette. What are you doing here. I still haven't buttoned up my shirt, I only had 15 minutes in which to do so. 

Okay, when they said someone just left a plane on the island I was all, well maybe it's Amelia Earheart's plane or something, very old, very rickety. But no! Someone just left a plush private plane on the lawn of one of the many people who have nothing to do with the Cassadines populating the island. Look, I know they don't want to build a new plane set, but we've all seen the GH studios in videos, most of us. All they had to do was dim the lights and shoot in one of the hallways and say "oh man we're crammed like sardines in this shitty airplane, Jason I hope you can fly it!"

The poor guy who plays bland Kristina boyfriend. He already looks like a dork and then they make him wear that shirt. That's just mean. 

After Maxie left they still gave Nina/Stafford ten seconds in which to twitch her face. Thanks, show.

6 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

It actually really pisses me off that they neither know nor care who these characters are. They've been writing this show for a year and there's not even the smallest indication that anyone on the writing staff (except Korte, I guess?) knows anything about the history of the show aside from what they've learned in their attempts to shoehorn Rebecca Budig character into a core family

Korte definitely knows. She's been there a long time.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 7
30 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

Since they are failing to leave CI, are they planning on ripping off Lost? If so, I can't wait for the smoke monster to show up.

And the polar bear. Don't forget the polar bear! :)

• Love 2

Sooooo, St. Jasus knows how to fly a plane? Really, show? Really? This stupid fucking show. I would sooner believe that Ava had flight training. Or why not Laura? That certainly would've been a useful skill for her during her life on the run with Luke and Lucky.

And yeah, Aaron is being written completely wrong. If he was a straight arrow devoted religious guy, sure his reaction would be ok. But nowadays?  Yeah, more likely he would interested in a threesome.

Fuck you Sonny! It wasn't Alexis's story to tell. Protecting a murderer? You mean like you, a murderer? Fuck off. Seriously. 

Now it occurs to Maxie that there is no game if you refuse to play? Nina? Today was just bizarre.  Even for her. Furious about a possible major screw up for her magazine, then 30 seconds later she is all, you did the right thing? WTF?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

Kevin and Laura are cute together. So I hope the show doesn't write for them much so they don't get ruined.

LMAO exactly! 

When Jason said he found a plane I busted out laughing. Then he said he thinks he knows how to fly it and was rolling. Honestly I don't know why I'm surprised but like they just continue to get me with the ridiculousness.

This episode blew.

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

When Jason said he found a plane I busted out laughing. Then he said he thinks he knows how to fly it and was rolling. Honestly I don't know why I'm surprised but like they just continue to get me with the ridiculousness.

I'll only be impressed if he also acted as flight attendant, rolling out the drink cart and passing out pretzels.

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I'll only be impressed if he also acted as flight attendant, rolling out the drink cart and passing out pretzels.

That was lulu's job lol!

• Love 3
4 hours ago, ulkis said:

The sad thing is, I don't think they do. It feels so perfunctory. Guza did it out of love. They do it because they think that's what the GH audience wants.

Bwhahahahah.  It would not surprise me in the least that Guza wore Jason's black leather jacket when no one was looking.

3 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

FV and Varni should have been sent packing last year with RC.  I hope Jamey over at DC is wrong that FV will be the last GH EP before ABC/D yank it for something cheap.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ulkis said:

Nathan: Claudette. What are you doing here. I still haven't buttoned up my shirt, I only had 15 minutes in which to do so. 

Okay, when they said someone just left a plane on the island I was all, well maybe it's Amelia Earheart's plane or something, very old, very rickety. But no! Someone just left a plush private plane on the lawn of one of the many people who have nothing to do with the Cassadines populating the island. Look, I know they don't want to build a new plane set, but we've all seen the GH studios in videos, most of us. All they had to do was dim the lights and shoot in one of the hallways and say "oh man we're crammed like sardines in this shitty airplane, Jason I hope you can fly it!"

The poor guy who plays bland Kristina boyfriend. He already looks like a dork and then they make him wear that shirt. That's just mean. 

After Maxie left they still gave Nina/Stafford ten seconds in which to twitch her face. Thanks, show.

Korte definitely knows. She's been there a long time.

I wonder if Korte ever gets ticked off that she knows GH backward and forwards and has been been overlooked for the HW position.

4 minutes ago, Darklazr said:

Bwhahahahah.  It would not surprise me in the least that Guza wore Jason's black leather jacket when no one was looking.

Oh, he wore it when everyone was looking:

http://general-hospital.wikia.com/wiki/Robert_Guza,_Jr.

6 minutes ago, Darklazr said:

FV and Varni should have been sent packing last year with RC.  I hope Jamey over at DC is wrong that FV will be the last GH EP before ABC/D yank it for something cheap.

Is it doing Frank too much credit if I say maybe that's why he's not letting anyone go? That he knows the show is on it's last legs and he's letting everyone get some work while they can?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

Hee. I was going to write about how Dante could barely drive on the left side of the road when he and Lulu were in Ireland, but now it's okay to entrust him to fly a plane. Oh, skillsets*, what are those? Kudos to everyone in the Cassadine Island group for not bursting into hysterical laughter and then tears.

Am I the only one still confused by Jason's memory? I thought he remembered everything? And now he's randomly still trying to remember shit. I'm done. Back to YouTube.

This might be giving the show too much credit, but I think this vague non-memory or whatever the fuck of being able to fly a jet is part of the ridiculous retcon that Jason, while under Helena's thrall, was on Cassadine Island.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, HeatLifer said:

Am I the only one still confused by Jason's memory? I thought he remembered everything? And now he's randomly still trying to remember shit. I'm done. Back to YouTube.

I haven't been paying attention, so I wouldn't know, but maybe he was trying to remember the regular way, as in it's been so long since he's, er, flown a plane that he's trying to recall how to do it as opposed to trying to remember through amnesia.

Wait, that time Brenda and Jason crashed in the late 90s, Jason wasn't flying the plane, right? Maybe he did fly a plane before? Now I'm confused. :(

I think they backtracked on it pretty quickly. A few days after he told Sam that he remembered everything (in one of JP/SA's most underwhelming scenes) he told Robin and other people that he was starting to remember

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Darklazr said:

It would not surprise me in the least that Guza wore Jason's black leather jacket when no one was looking.

It would not surprise me in the least if, after he was fired, Guza stole one of Jason's black leather jackets from Wardrobe.

11 minutes ago, Darklazr said:

I hope Jamey over at DC is wrong that FV will be the last GH EP before ABC/D yank it for something cheap.

Frank continues to bring the show in under budget, which is probably all the net cares about at the moment.

8 minutes ago, Darklazr said:

I wonder if Korte ever gets ticked off that she knows GH backward and forwards and has been been overlooked for the HW position.

She might not want the job. It's pretty thankless. And Korte is a Carly fangirl. There's too much Carly the way it is for me.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

It would not surprise me in the least if, after he was fired, Guza stole one of Jason's black leather jackets from Wardrobe.

Frank continues to bring the show in under budget, which is probably all the net cares about at the moment.

She might not want the job. It's pretty thankless. And Korte is a Carly fangirl. There's too much Carly the way it is for me.

I wonder how Korte feels about Sonny though. I remember she wrote one of my favorite "everyone shits on Sonny" days in 2011, heh. It was right after Jax left and Sonny was going around trying to find Jax and everyone was all "we have to stop Sonny, he is an unstable, manipulative man-child on the loose." Of course it was kind of annoying that Carly was acting like she hadn't instigated Sonny's attitude towards Jax by asking him to help her to get Josslyn's custody but later Alexis did just that, in that scene that NLG won an emmy for.

• Love 2

Speaking of retcons and stupidness related to this Cassadine Island storyline, has Lulu mentioned the skeleton she saw to anyone yet?  And did she make any kind of inquiries today about the address from her Helena envelope, which definitely did not have an address when she got it?

4 hours ago, ulkis said:

To be more fair to this show than it deserves, that isn't just limited to soaps, it extends to all of TV, where a medical degree means you studied Everythingology.

• Love 2

Lulu hasn't said a word to anyone about the skeleton, but we've now seen it three times in as many days, I was pleasantly surprised that she didn't flash back to it again today. Because you know, we couldn't possibly remember what happened the day before! (I know, I know, there are days we don't remember what happened five minutes after we watch. But still...)

as for the address, she keeps insisting that Helena brought her there for a reason, as though Helena knew Nicolas would fake his own death, abscond to the island and Lulu would show up looking for him. I mean, sure she was all knowing, all seeing, all powerful. But I'm not sure even she could have predicted this!

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

I think they backtracked on it pretty quickly. A few days after he told Sam that he remembered everything (in one of JP/SA's most underwhelming scenes) he told Robin and other people that he was starting to remember

Oh, yeah, you're right. They did change that quickly.

28 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I haven't been paying attention, so I wouldn't know, but maybe he was trying to remember the regular way, as in it's been so long since he's, er, flown a plane that he's trying to recall how to do it as opposed to trying to remember through amnesia.

Wait, that time Brenda and Jason crashed in the late 90s, Jason wasn't flying the plane, right? Maybe he did fly a plane before? Now I'm confused. :(

No, Jason never flew that plane. Brenda and Jason were both passengers in the middle of a fight about Robin when the pilot announced they were hitting turbulence and the plane started to lose control. 

28 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

This might be giving the show too much credit, but I think this vague non-memory or whatever the fuck of being able to fly a jet is part of the ridiculous retcon that Jason, while under Helena's thrall, was on Cassadine Island.

I CANNOT with that retcon. Refuse to even acknowledge it. Hells first encountered Jason when he awakened and went to save Robin in that CC room. This show, man.

• Love 4

Poor Alexis. She has a crappy day because of Julian, and then she has to soothe Sonny's hurt feelings that Kristina didn't confide in him. 

Ava is a terrible travel companion: whiny, unhelpful, and snide.

The Claudette story is giving me a rage blackout.

Jason and Dante flying the plane was the best part of the episode by a mile. So much UGC. I think my favorite part was Sam telling everyone to brace for an emergency landing over the PA system.

I think Aaron is justified to be angry with Kristina—she should have been honest with him from the start—but I don't really see what he has to figure out. Does he want to be with her? Then be with her.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:

Except for Deke. But knowing Show, I expect Krappy Koffee Kafe will have "Blue Lives Matter" and "Black Lives Matter" signs, and no one will blink an eye because Sonny supports everyone.

If we were being realistic on this show Sonny would've had a hard time being excepted in that Italian environment since his mother was a Hispanic immigrant. 

• Love 1
(edited)
21 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Poor Alexis. She has a crappy day because of Julian, and then she has to soothe Sonny's hurt feelings that Kristina didn't confide in him. 

Sonny was so obnoxious and hypocritical throughout.  He was giving Alexis shit for telling her husband, but he told Carly the fuckin' second he could.  And for all his blathering about them all being honest with each other, he was the one who talked Alexis into keeping her interference in the Parker situation a secret, and I'm sure will disavow Alexis when that inevitably comes out. 

UGH!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Sake614 said:

as for the address, she keeps insisting that Helena brought her there for a reason, as though Helena knew Nicolas would fake his own death, abscond to the island and Lulu would show up looking for him. I mean, sure she was all knowing, all seeing, all powerful. But I'm not sure even she could have predicted this!

I'm going with Helena was just assuming that the idiots would at least fucking Google the one clue she gave Lulu to see what it brought up. Instead they just ignored it. Much like Liz and Jason dropping the damn creepy book investigation. Pacing, man. Pacing on this show is just awful. Wouldn't it have made a shit load more sense if everyone (minus Ava, add Liz, Jake and maybe Franco) were on the island to figure out what had happened to Jake and what Helena's gift to Lulu was about. Instead of this crap that we are being treated to now. 

As for Aaron, yeah he does have the right to demand some space from K. It is some big news 

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, stlbf said:

I'm going with Helena was just assuming that the idiots would at least fucking Google the one clue she gave Lulu to see what it brought up.

They couldn't have because there was no address on that envelope until this week.  Which just speaks to what a bad job these writers did setting up the payoff for Helena's gifts.

• Love 4

The whole Jason flying the plane thing was hilarious, in so many ways. 

First, if the plane was flyable, why not have Jason go get help?  No way in hell would I risk dying in a fiery crash, or living to be eaten alive by sharks.  I would definitely take my chances with Valentin.  Dante, Ava, and LuLu have all gotten the drop on this guy.  He's not that scary.  It made more sense for Jason to go and take Kevin.   Leave the three guns behind with the rest of the group.  

But, if you absolutely insist on being flown by a brain damaged semi-amnesiac ....... put on your damn seat belts.  They waited until Sam's unfortunate notification of impending crash.  Holy cow.  And then in the cock pit - Hey Dante, keep your eye on those two gauges.  OK ........    and what am I watching for?  High, low, hot, cold?  Too bad he didn't put Dante in charge of watching the fuel gauge.  

And then there's Sam.  Although she knows nothing about flying, and Jason apparently thinks Dante is the superior gauge watcher, she feels it's necessary to be in there.  I'm guessing to keep away from Ava - who is the only one reacting like a normal person in this entire island nightmare, IMO.  

• Love 10
(edited)

I wish I could be more positive about today's episode, but alas.

Someone (Nancy of course let's not kid ourselves here) should tell Kelly Monaco that Nyquil is for after work, not before. 

Jason tells the group he thinks he can probably fly a plane and they all just hop aboard. When Ava sanely objects, they turn on her like she's blasphemed God. What the f---?

Yes, pointless Claudette and her weird facial tics can leave. Please take Nathan too.

Sonny and Alexis scenes were pretty good. They work as bickering, yet mostly friendly co-parents/friends. These writers tend to do a lot better with the one-on-one scenes than with these big adventure stories or convoluted love quadrangles. 

Edited by Thorpe
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

They couldn't have because there was no address on that envelope until this week.  Which just speaks to what a bad job these writers did setting up the payoff for Helena's gifts.

I was always under the impression that Cassadine Island was sort of isolated, but not like some remote island in the South Pacific.  Don't people take ferries or some shit over there?  Shouldn't Jason basically be over land already in his escape jet?  I'm not really clear on where they were planning to fly to, the nearest large airport in Greece, Italy so they were beyond the reach of Valentin, or was he searching for the magical wormhole back to Port Charles? 

• Love 4

Ava needs to be hit with multiple doses of horse tranquilizers. 

When Sam announced over the PA system that there was going to be an emergency landing I screamed out in laughter. 

This Kristina/Aaron thing is so boring to me. He would be better off finding someone who already knows what they want or is at least upfront with him from the beginning. 

Is it wrong that I want Maxie to walk in on Claud rubbing up against Tree?

This show is boring AND trash. 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

The whole Jason flying the plane thing was hilarious, in so many ways. 

First, if the plane was flyable, why not have Jason go get help?  No way in hell would I risk dying in a fiery crash, or living to be eaten alive by sharks.  I would definitely take my chances with Valentin.  Dante, Ava, and LuLu have all gotten the drop on this guy.  He's not that scary.  It made more sense for Jason to go and take Kevin.   Leave the three guns behind with the rest of the group.  

But, if you absolutely insist on being flown by a brain damaged semi-amnesiac ....... put on your damn seat belts.  They waited until Sam's unfortunate notification of impending crash.  Holy cow.  And then in the cock pit - Hey Dante, keep your eye on those two gauges.  OK ........    and what am I watching for?  High, low, hot, cold?  Too bad he didn't put Dante in charge of watching the fuel gauge.  

And then there's Sam.  Although she knows nothing about flying, and Jason apparently thinks Dante is the superior gauge watcher, she feels it's necessary to be in there.  I'm guessing to keep away from Ava - who is the only one reacting like a normal person in this entire island nightmare, IMO.  

This entire post has me laughing like the village idiot, especially "if you absolutely insist on being flown by a brain damaged semi-amnesiac"... ???

Thank you REDHEADZOMBIE

• Love 8
5 hours ago, stlbf said:

Please tell me they went with invisible ink for an excuse. Pleeeeeaaaassseee. That would be simple. It has some logic. And it would work. 

That at least would have been an excuse.  But they offered none, which is almost more infuriating.  We're just supposed to pretend that envelope had an address now that they're ready for it to be a story point. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

This show is boring AND trash. 

It's astonishing really. You almost have to admire the writers for it!

Oh I forgot my favorite part of this entire week's worth of eps was when Lulu was whining about the address and Ava told her this wasn't about her. I loled so hard.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Thorpe said:

Jason tells the group he thinks he can probably fly a plane and they all just hop aboard. When Ava sanely objects, they turn on her like she's blasphemed God. What the f---?

Ava rightly thinking WTF to Jason's claims was the only good thing about yesterday.  Everyone else acted like everyone always acts around Jason, re 'why, of course you can!  In Jason we trust!'  Hell, Sam was so unconcerned she was practically napping on the plane.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, stlbf said:

Please tell me they went with invisible ink for an excuse. Pleeeeeaaaassseee. That would be simple. It has some logic. And it would work. 

True. Lulu could say she thought the envelope was blank, but as she was holding it something started to appear and she realized her body heat had activated the invisible ink. 

7 hours ago, smores said:

I was always under the impression that Cassadine Island was sort of isolated, but not like some remote island in the South Pacific.  Don't people take ferries or some shit over there?  Shouldn't Jason basically be over land already in his escape jet?  I'm not really clear on where they were planning to fly to, the nearest large airport in Greece, Italy so they were beyond the reach of Valentin, or was he searching for the magical wormhole back to Port Charles? 

At this point, I think they should just acknowledge the wormhole. I'd be able to accept that they all got in the jet to find the wormhole to the PC airport much more than, or at least as much as Jason suddenly being able to fly a plane. 

(Hey writers! This is why the show's ratings are dropping. Fans don't want to see brain-damaged criminals suddenly being able to fly. They want good guys like RF!Scorpio -- or in this case Kevin -- announcing that they can pilot the jet. In fact, the more I think about it, that would have been a much better story: Kevin too injured to handle the controls, so he would have to coach Laura through the actual flying of the plane.)

4 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

When Sam announced over the PA system that there was going to be an emergency landing I screamed out in laughter. 

And in spite of Lulu's subsequent flight attendant instructions, nobody braced for impact. Anyone who has ever flown and read that little card in the seat pocket knows there's a little more to it than buckling the seat belt. 

• Love 6

I'm still scratching my head, trying to figure out why the show that should logically be the Friday "cliff hanger" was aired on Thursday? 

Which brings me to Jason suddenly knowing how to fly a plane, not just any plane mind you but a tricked out jet (based on the interior).  As soon as he sat down in the pilots seat I immediately flashed on the "auto pilot" from the movie Airplane.

Ava was getting on my last nerve.  A level of whine that would make a dogs ears bleed. 

When they did the last shot of the suddenly appearing out of nowhere lady, I heard dum, dum, duuuuuum going off in my head as she tried to do the sinister look.

I continue to think Julian is a waste of space.  Claudette needs to hit the interstate with Nathan and never return and they're more than welcome to take Nina with them.  Kristina is just ugh.  Sonny is the resident busy body, faux hero.  Finally, Alexis needs to dump them all and take herself to Turks & Caicos for a month of sun and drinks with umbrellas served by awesome cabana boys.

Laura and Kevin won the day!!!

• Love 3
7 hours ago, smores said:

Unless the jet is a Hawker Harrier or one of those vertical-lift jets (or, a terran version of the Apollo Lunar Module), I've thought CI was too rocky and small for a jet.

I'm hoping Jason "suddenly" remembering he can fly a plane is part of Helena's memory plans. Bonus if they find an underground facility with a memory facilitator. (Is Marj Dusay doing anything these days?)

It's official, even with his Greek-speaking minions, Valentin isn't as scary or as prepared as Claudette. She has done her homework.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, stlbf said:

And yeah, Aaron is being written completely wrong. If he was a straight arrow devoted religious guy, sure his reaction would be ok. But nowadays?  Yeah, more likely he would interested in a threesome.

Hmmmm.... maybe.... but I could honestly see if he would freak, or at least pause, if this girl he just slept with slept with someone else, and it was with a woman who was her much older professor, and she was not quite in Captain Jack Harkness Mode and sure about her sexuality, and it was THE BOSS' Daughter....

• Love 6