Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

29 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Claudette and Maxie's "interview" was some pretty lame dialogue.

I was yelling "you can't legally ask that in an interview!" at my TV.  Well, that and figuring out if MB has had some work done or something, because her face looks a lot different than the last time I saw her (doing a guest role on a Disney Channel show).  

• Love 2

Why was nathan asking Dr, O for a list of personnel on staff for the last 6 months? She's not the COS anymore, Monica is. If he wants hospital personnel records, let him go to her.

not sure how I feel about tempMaxie but it was z bit jarring to see Maxie as a brunette.

BW looked good but I'm already hating this story. Of course she shows herself to Nathan and you can make book on him not telling Maxie who she really is,

why did Finn walk out of the jail without his drugs that he was so desperate to obtain?

i can't believe I'm going to say this but I actually liked Morgan today, he was straightforward and honest with Kiki, and didn't pressure her too much. It won't last, but he was tolerable today.

can Spencer stand too close to an M80 and get blown up? Please?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Claudette and Maxie's "interview" was some pretty lame dialogue.

The character of Maxie is dumb as a box of rocks. I think she has actually been regressed to the mental age of a teenager.

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

Exactly, which is why I think it [Dr. Michael Easton/Rebecca Budig] was all pre planned.

I'm not saying it wasn't pre-planned in some way, although I do think some rewriting happened (whether that was because of TC's contract stuff/break, I dunno).  I'm just saying that I suspect it was an idea borne of pairing Soap Superstars and not of any kind of story or character sense, a la Silas and Sam, and thus I think it's doomed to failure in that sense.  Not that that will stop FV et. al from proceeding.

And I do think ME is a Frank pet.  Sure, there was that fan campaign, but there's fan campaigns of that type all the time (I'm pretty sure even the guy that played the first Sloane had one) that are usually ignored.  But in this case, it gave Frank some leverage to use to get his grocery story buddy back on contract.

I just...I didn't even get to enjoy a ME-free show for a whole year! *cries*

• Love 5
(edited)

Listening to Tracy rant and prop Finn, Liesl being pure sniveling evil, Laura being a clueless grandmother, Jasam mumbling, Ava skulking around a dark dusty broken-down old Cassadine cave, and Maxie being a corporate airhead turned me off so much today that I adjourned to another room and barely listened while browsing my computer. Discovered a live Alaskan brown bear cam, and spent an entertaining hour watching salmon jumping river falls trying to avoid the hungry bears.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 2

"I think the motive seems very obvious to me." There's a clunky sentence. That had to be a mistake, even if the meaning is clear.

I catch a lot of that kind of writing on GH these days. Either "I think" or "to me" should have been cut from the line, and if "I think" is retained, "seems" is not a good verb, because the observation already has been weakened enough at the beginning. I assume the actors are saying what is written, but some of the script writers have issues at the level of basic English. I will admit that it's depressingly realistic for many characters on the show to have them as well, but I don't believe the bad grammar is being put there for verisimilitude.  

I preferred Temp Maxie to KSt, and I don't have a problem with the Claudette actress yet. Pleasant surprises both. The "interview" was so badly written that everyone who's ever conducted a job interview could join in a class action suit, and there was yet another blatant example of lampshading ("Not everyone would agree to a job interview in a restaurant on the Fourth of July!"), but there was nothing wrong with any of the actors in it. 

I don't have much else good to say. It was nice to see the "fake" park instead of the seedy real one while we were getting our KiMo infusion.  

I cannot get all the way there with the Temp Nik. He isn't terrible, but I prefer Tyler. "I think his being used for the wrong character seems very obvious to me, in my opinion."

• Love 3
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I used to think RoHo and BH had chem but tbh the Liz/Franco thing has become SO forced that I don't even see it anymore. The whole thing is just embarrassing.

If RoHo didn't alternate playing scenes as a smart-a$$ with playing the poor, misunderstood, woobie-faced gentle soul, it'd be more believable.  

Calling it now: Leisl stole Finn's research.

Probably Aaron is the hospital murderer, since he's the only person on the canvas without a reason for being yet. 

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

"I think his being used for the wrong character seems very obvious to me, in my opinion."

I lost it over this!

2 minutes ago, rur said:

If RoHo didn't alternate playing scenes as a smart-a$$ with playing the poor, misunderstood, woobie-faced gentle soul, it'd be more believable.  

+1

• Love 1

It looks like Jasam were able to open the wormhole from England to Cassadine Island. They got there almost as fast as Nik put his picnic plate together.

Monica put Dr. O in charge of records so I have no problem with Nathan asking her for the employee schedules.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I'm not saying it wasn't pre-planned in some way, although I do think some rewriting happened (whether that was because of TC's contract stuff/break, I dunno).  I'm just saying that I suspect it was an idea borne of pairing Soap Superstars and not of any kind of story or character sense, a la Silas and Sam, and thus I think it's doomed to failure in that sense.  Not that that will stop FV et. al from proceeding.

And I do think ME is a Frank pet.  Sure, there was that fan campaign, but there's fan campaigns of that type all the time (I'm pretty sure even the guy that played the first Sloane had one) that are usually ignored.  But in this case, it gave Frank some leverage to use to get his grocery story buddy back on contract.

I just...I didn't even get to enjoy a ME-free show for a whole year! *cries*

Ah, I think I get your meaning. I will say-Tracy propping Finn just leaves me cold. I could *almost* justify Tracy expending so much energy for Dr Michael Easton, if I believed she was crushing on him. But after today-I have to say, I don't feel they are writing it that way-at least, not yet. And Jane isn't playing it that way. I've seen Tracy jealous and insecure, etc-and that scene at the jail wasn't it. She was totally cool with "whatever" relationship Finn and Hayden have-and that makes her tripping over herself for him, all the more painful to watch. Because there's no real reason. Getting him the job at the hospital, that would have been more than enough "payback" for him helping her. So, I'm just not understanding her motivation here.

• Love 2
(edited)

Finn is the one character Michael Easton's put in any effort on in over a decade, and the only new character that any of the OLTL stars have had at GH that's worked. Putting him with Budig/Hayden, another outsider, is snoozeworthy already and sure to kill Finn's genesis in its crib. Audiences don't come to watch two people from other soaps take up massive amounts of real estate, especially when one of them is on his third fourth character on the show. But of course, Frank won't stop until it's all ruined. It's sad because Finn was actually one of the few things I was enjoying looking in on when I bother with this show on occasion.

And yes, ME and Budig are absolutely 100% both FV's pets. Easton has always been FV's priority, even when Ron was around and didn't like writing for him on either of their shows. Frank was gung-ho on 'recurring' Rebecca Budig from the start, too. He has been into his dreams of an ABC super-soap since before OLTL was cancelled.

I can't deal with Bree Williamson yet, I'll watch that later.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 6
(edited)
7 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

Ah, I think I get your meaning. I will say-Tracy propping Finn just leaves me cold. I could *almost* justify Tracy expending so much energy for Dr Michael Easton, if I believed she was crushing on him. But after today-I have to say, I don't feel they are writing it that way-at least, not yet. And Jane isn't playing it that way. I've seen Tracy jealous and insecure, etc-and that scene at the jail wasn't it. She was totally cool with "whatever" relationship Finn and Hayden have-and that makes her tripping over herself for him, all the more painful to watch. Because there's no real reason. Getting him the job at the hospital, that would have been more than enough "payback" for him helping her. So, I'm just not understanding her motivation here.

It's a very one-sided friendship because it's really more about propping up/getting viewers to sign off on Dr. Michael Easton than anything to do with Tracy herself.  I mean, yeah, he helped save her life, but that's his job, a job he also did while taking illegal medication.

7 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Finn is the one character Michael Easton's put in any effort on in over a decade, and the only new character that any of the OLTL stars have had at GH that's worked. Putting him with Budig/Hayden, another outsider, is snoozeworthy already and sure to kill Finn's genesis in its crib.

I think the turn into classic John McBain writing for Dr. Michael Easton - the backstory with the WHO CARES dead spouse, everyone singing his praises, women lining up to pledge their love and support, his being accused of a crime he didn't commit, etc. - is even more problematic than the Rebecca Budig pairing.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

I'd love to blame Frank, and yes it was his decision to give in and contact ME to come back. But the whole thing was set in motion because of that fan campaign. Apparently, there were quite a few signatures on that petition to get ME back. ME even met the fan who started it. So I blame that whole mess more than Frank, because I honestly believe had that not happened, ME would've stayed fired. He said himself that he didn't think he'd ever come back. 

Ha!   Tell that to my Bring AJ Quartermaine Back and More Pets on GH fan campaigns!  

• Love 2

If Sam and Jason aren't going to start shooting people then I can't be bothered to care about any of this.

Claud...wasn't terrible, but I'm still not interested in seeing anyone from talking tree's past on this show. But, if she were to kill him because reasons that may or may not raise my opinion of her. 

Why is Liez inviting Freako to hang out with her, DNAJ, and the other two on Val's mother's favorite holiday?

It's unfortunate that the hospital serial killer hasn't killed Dr. O and Freako. 

• Love 11

If Sam and Jason aren't going to start shooting people then I can't be bothered to care about any of this.

If they would miss and take out each other, I'd keep the episode on my DVR for at least a year and watch it whenever I felt blue.  

• Love 7

I think the turn into classic John McBain writing for Dr. Michael Easton - the backstory with the WHO CARES dead spouse, everyone singing his praises, women lining up to pledge their love and support, his being accused of a crime he didn't commit, etc. - is even more problematic than the Rebecca Budig pairing

I hadn't thought of that, but yeah it is pretty much the same. Thing is, not everyone watched OLTL. And even for those of us who did, sometimes you just have to let it go and accept that the writers are simpy incapable of creating a brand new character without going back to the well (however infuriating that is). Personally I kinda like Finn. I find him much more tolerable than Silas and I haven't seen ME this alive in years. As McBain, I thought he did his best work when he was in scenes with RoHo (on OLTL), Finola and Tristan. I also liked the chemistry he had with KeMo. I didn't watch PC but knew about the Caleb/livvie connection. I still liked it. Other than that, he was boring as hell. Silas was completely  boring throughout. From his 'I don't give z shit' attitude in the beginning to his complete 180 toward the end, and of course the wife In a coma, I just couldn't with him.

but Finn is not Silas is not McBain. I actually feel like ME is making a genuine effort to create someone new. Sure the propping is ridiculous. Of course he wasn't the ONLY doctor in the entire hospital capable of diagnosing and treating botulism poisoning. But at least he isn't angry all.the.time! And he even looks people in the eye!

• Love 6

Tracy propping Finn just leaves me cold.

Jane must be psyched to be in scenes with the actors playing Sabrina and Michael.  As was mentioned above, ME is putting some effort into his character and making eye-contact.  Obviously, Tracy isn't being Tracy.  Something is up.  

I am willing to suspend my hatred of the character of Franco, because I am actually enjoying the scenes involving Liz/Franco, Finn/Hayden, Laura/Kevin and Ava/Nik.  The writing might not be up to snuff, but these eight actors (and Tracy) have been producing scenes that are a welcome breather from the mob universe that has sucked out the soul of 'General Hospital'.  NuMaxie and Claudette, at this space in time, seem capable to make the Maxie/Nathan/Priest/Claudette plot more watchable. 

• Love 7

Sure, there was that fan campaign, but there's fan campaigns of that type all the time (I'm pretty sure even the guy that played the first Sloane had one) that are usually ignored.

Good lord, I remember that. We were like...WHY?

16 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

ngl I like Temp Maxie better than actual Maxie. I'm just tired of KS tbh. And I'm not hating Claudette/BW yet either. I liked all those scenes.

I also continue to like Temp Nik better than actual Nik and I am still really enjoying him and Ava together. That being said, seriously wtf at this relationship! Like they've known each other for literally two days maybe slow it down a bit.

I liked BW, I still hate the name Claudette. I think it's another in a series of epic stupid names. But she wasn't bad as a character so far. I'm sure that will change soon enough. Temp Maxie, she wasn't horrible, but she wasn't Maxie. But if KS Maxie had done the scene and tried to set Dillon up, it would have come off as intrusive and annoying.

Re: Ava/Temp Nik, I don't think that this is a relationship yet. I don't know how they could slow things down any further. They're basically hanging out (no choice really now that we're at this point) and getting to know each other better. I kind of appreciated his Intro to Cassadines 101 to Ava, since I don't know a lot of the backstory and history beyond the very basics. But anyway, when you're on the run and hiding out, this is exactly the kind of thing I would expect to see happen. Besides, what else is there to do? But I'm very much enjoying their little whatever it is they're doing. I still wish it was TC, just because I would have liked to see his Nik mellow out and be not a total jackass for once.

If I see that flag bikini one more time, I'm going to break into Wardrobe, steal it and burn it. 

So not interested in Finn one way or the other. If Amy isn't the hospital killer, which is the only thing that makes sense at this point, then I'm hoping for something completely outrageous like Spencer or Molly.

I really want Jason/Sam to be better, to be interesting, to be something. But it just doesn't look like that is going to happen.

I just can't with Liz inviting Franco to watch the fireworks with her and her kids. Nope on every single level.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

At this point, I doubt Sam would be able to get bullets in a gun.  Seriously, she looked like she was straining to figure out where in the world Nikolas CASSADINE could possibly go in EUROPE for privacy.  If only his family owned a private, secluded space...

TempMaxie sort of looks like Scarlett Johannson.  

• Love 4
13 hours ago, rur said:

Calling it now: Leisl stole Finn's research.

Probably Aaron is the hospital murderer, since he's the only person on the canvas without a reason for being yet. 

I'll buy into Liesl getting the research, because destroying it without a "let's not speak of it again", without holding it over Dr Finn that he was exposing the hospital to the Zombie Zika-Shingles Overacting Pathogen.

The following were unavailable in order to allow Molly Burnett to play tempMaxie:

• Robyn Richards
  • Danica Stewart
  • Jen Lilley
  • Lindze Letherman
  • Kimberly McCullough
  • Melody Thomas Scott
  • Any other actresses connected with Y&R
  • Melody Pond/River Song
  • Wig on a Stick

12 hours ago, Lillybee said:

It looks like Jasam were able to open the wormhole from England to Cassadine Island. They got there almost as fast as Nik put his picnic plate together.

Look for the two people where the Brexit had no effect.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

If I see that flag bikini one more time, I'm going to break into Wardrobe, steal it and burn it. 

I did have to rewind to say "What scar?" because of Kiki Titis.

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, Sake614 said:

I hadn't thought of that, but yeah it is pretty much the same. Thing is, not everyone watched OLTL. And even for those of us who did, sometimes you just have to let it go and accept that the writers are simpy incapable of creating a brand new character without going back to the well (however infuriating that is). Personally I kinda like Finn. I find him much more tolerable than Silas and I haven't seen ME this alive in years. As McBain, I thought he did his best work when he was in scenes with RoHo (on OLTL), Finola and Tristan. I also liked the chemistry he had with KeMo. I didn't watch PC but knew about the Caleb/livvie connection. I still liked it. Other than that, he was boring as hell. Silas was completely  boring throughout. From his 'I don't give z shit' attitude in the beginning to his complete 180 toward the end, and of course the wife In a coma, I just couldn't with him.

I get your point.  But even if you hadn't watched OLTL, they used a lot of the classic John McBain templates with John on GH and with Silas in just a few years - the man pain backstories with Retconia and Nina, the sniffing all over Sam while still being with Natalie, being accused of crimes as both John and Silas he didn't commit, etc.

I do think the show and ME were making an effort with Dr. Michael Easton and I agree that it's been an improvement over Silas, but look how quickly they slid back into old habits with him.

And it might just comes down to me not liking him as a performer, but hey, different strokes for different folks.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

I don't know how they could slow things down any further.

It would help if Ava stopped eye-fucking Nik, but that's MW.

I find it absurd that Ava is getting all girlish about the Cassadines. Golly gee, Nik is so lucky to be a prince! Spare me.

1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

a lot of the classic John McBain templates

To be fair, a lot of the classic John McBain templates are classic soap templates. It's unfortunate that they keep using the same ones when it comes to ME characters, though. 

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

To be fair, a lot of the classic John McBain templates are classic soap templates. It's unfortunate that they keep using the same ones when it comes to ME characters, though. 

Oh totally, but the rapid repeating of them with John/Silas/Dr. Michael Easton - especially if you watched OLTL - with the same actor and his same lanky hair makes it feel all the more formulaic, at least to me.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Sake614 said:

I actually feel like ME is making a genuine effort to create someone new. Sure the propping is ridiculous. Of course he wasn't the ONLY doctor in the entire hospital capable of diagnosing and treating botulism poisoning. But at least he isn't angry all.the.time! And he even looks people in the eye!

Yea I don't think ME is the problem at all actually. But like @TeeVee329 said the writing has just gone full John McBain and the absolute worsts parts of the John writing so I can't with Finn anymore.

1 hour ago, tvgoddess said:

I still wish it was TC, just because I would have liked to see his Nik mellow out and be not a total jackass for once.

I feel like I personally like TC more when he's being jackass-ish, like not full 'Why are you being so mean to me I only tried to have you murdered!' but just like being a dick. But idk I barely remember him as anything but a huge ass.

37 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It would help if Ava stopped eye-fucking Nik, but that's MW.

I find it absurd that Ava is getting all girlish about the Cassadines. Golly gee, Nik is so lucky to be a prince! Spare me.

This. But @tvgoddess is right, the eye fucking is very Ava. They either write Ava as an evil badass or as an insecure weeper and they've somehow managed to write her as both simultaneously in this Nik story, which is just really awkward imo. But I still really enjoy Nik/Ava lol.

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

This. But @tvgoddess is right, the eye fucking is very Ava. They either write Ava as an evil badass or as an insecure weeper and they've somehow managed to write her as both simultaneously in this Nik story, which is just really awkward imo. But I still really enjoy Nik/Ava lol.

This is one of my biggest problems with Ava. Like, can these  writers PLEASE pick a fucking lane with this character and stay in it for awhile. I'm supposed to take her seriously as a bad bitch mob queen who shoots people with no remorse, but then she's crying over Morgan and Kaka, crying about all of the bad things she's done, having nasty deviant sex in a crypt, crying about how hard chemo is and how she wants to give up after only one session, having sex with her daughter's boyfriend while wearing a wig off the clearance rack at Kmart, is shocked and appalled at the idea of gun trafficking, and is now acting like a 13 year old girl over Nik being a prince.  

And I'm not particularly interested in seeing Ava and Nik get involved right now so I would  prefer a straight caper story with no romantic elements or fangirling from Ava. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I've given the same rant about Ava like ten times so suffice to say I totally agree. Trying to 'soften' Ava does not work, she is who she is. She may have emotions and feelings for her loved ones, but in the end Ava is about Ava and power without limits. What's really annoying is I think JP (who comes from ATWT) is trying to kind of do Ava like a harder-edged Carly Snyder.

I think Dark Nik and Ava can and should fuck. But call it what it is. Don't pretend Ava is looking for a Prince Charming and just needs the right man. Ava is a killer. Nikolas has known people like her all his life.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 9

Did Claudette already know about Maxie and Nathan before coming to PC, because if she didn't, her face should have shown at least some surprise at seeing his picture.

I actually like the hospital killer story. Every day I change my mind as to who it might be. I feel the same as the poster upthread who called a 10 Little Indians type of story. Is that is the case, I think Mays was the original killer and Franco killed Mays.

I cannot believe Val didn't celebrate her mother's favorite holiday. Shame on you show!

• Love 4

Yeah, I don't mind Ava employing her fuck-me eyes but I rolled my eyes at the "when I used to dream about being a princess . . . " line. The writers have gone to that well since 2003 with whatever woman comes within 5 feet of Nikolas and it's so annoying. No one ever made a big deal about Nikolas being a "prince" before they decided to recast Emily and do Nikolas/Emily and decided Nikolas and Emily should have a corny fairytale theme. Ugh, Nem. Still messing up stuff even now.

• Love 12
(edited)

It's a very one-sided friendship

At the moment, yes. But in fairness to Finn, he has had all the drama and angst after saving Tracy, so he needs the support and help far more than she does, currently. I actually believe if she needed something and he could help, he would. It's nice to see someone who seems to be willing to do the same for her. I still think the tongue bathing reminds me a wee bit too much of Stone Cold or even Dr Daniel Jonas from DOOL. I did watch about twenty seconds of the solo Finn/Hayden stuff. I just don't see anything special. Maybe I'm just too hard to impress, or too easily bored.  TBH-the minute JE leaves their scenes, it's like air let out of a balloon. Far too Jasammy for me, not just in terms of boredom, but also the self righteous vibe I am picking up from them. It could be that I *really* just don't like Hayden. I went from not minding her, to liking the Tracy/Hayden vibe...to being actually kinda physically turned off by seeing her face on my screen. I am not hating Nik/Ava, even with the temp. I didn't hate Molly B, but I didn't hate her on Days, either. I need Kiki with Dillon, but I am enjoying the angst for now.

Obviously, Tracy isn't being Tracy.  Something is up.  

Something definitely is not right, but at this point I am unsure if it's just crap writing or something else. I'd really hate to think it's TRUE that she is the hospital killer, but......I will say, if she is, they need to start making it a little more obvious, and drop some hints. Although I think the murderer being dumb enough to strike again while one of the main suspects was in jail, is a pretty big hint to the killer's identity, unless there's a twist to Dr Mayes's death. I think it could be a great SL for JE, just not keen on it being her exit story. Besides, it might be all about Finn, somehow. So I'm on the fence.

Could the killer be Morgan? He was supposedly locked up during part of the killings, and there's no real known motive, but he'd have an easy defense if he skipped his meds, I guess.

Edited by IWantCandy71
(edited)
3 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

I actually like the hospital killer story. Every day I change my mind as to who it might be. I feel the same as the poster upthread who called a 10 Little Indians type of story. Is that is the case, I think Mays was the original killer and Franco killed Mays.

Yeah, I agree. I'm pleased it's not Mays. Would like it if it were O. but I'm fine with it being annoying Amy, if that's the case.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3
(edited)
13 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Did Claudette already know about Maxie and Nathan before coming to PC, because if she didn't, her face should have shown at least some surprise at seeing his picture.

Last week we saw a faceless female hand, which I'm assuming belonged to her, looking at a tablet with Maxie & Nathan's wedding announcement and photo on it.

Edited by magnolia11
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, jsbt said:

I've given the same rant about Ava like ten times so suffice to say I totally agree. Trying to 'soften' Ava does not work, she is who she is. She may have emotions and feelings for her loved ones, but in the end Ava is about Ava and power without limits. What's really annoying is I think JP (who comes from ATWT) is trying to kind of do Ava like a harder-edged Carly Snyder.

I think Dark Nik and Ava can and should fuck. But call it what it is. Don't pretend Ava is looking for a Prince Charming and just needs the right man. Ava is a killer. Nikolas has known people like her all his life.

If they're trying to soften Ava they could at least get her out of the mob. That might make her constant crying and neediness a tiny bit less ridiculous. And they could use that opportunity to get Julian and Sonny out of the mob as well and completely remove the mob element from the show. 

• Love 2

And they could use that opportunity to get Julian and Sonny out of the mob as well and completely remove the mob element from the show. 

I think we'll get world peace before that happens.

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, magnolia11 said:

Last week we saw a faceless female hand, which I'm assuming belonged to her, looking at a tablet with Maxie & Nathan's wedding announcement and photo on it.

Of course she knows, she's a super-fun bad girl! 

Please wake me when this shit is over 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

This is one of my biggest problems with Ava. Like, can these  writers PLEASE pick a fucking lane with this character and stay in it for awhile.

I have made this rant along with LeftPhalange and jsbt. I have to put some of the blame on MW, because she doesn't stint when it comes to the tears. There is a way to play those scenes so that Ava isn't a total weeping mess, and she's not playing them that way. But the writing is the far bigger problem.

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

No one ever made a big deal about Nikolas being a "prince" before they decided to recast Emily and do Nikolas/Emily and decided Nikolas and Emily should have a corny fairytale theme.

I was fine when it was those two, but Nik is a lot older now. It's so dumb that women like Hayden and, especially, Ava are getting starry-eyed over the title. Nik has always felt ambiguous about it.

33 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Of course she knows, she's a super-fun bad girl! 

She's spicy!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, LeftPhalange said:

If they're trying to soften Ava they could at least get her out of the mob. That might make her constant crying and neediness a tiny bit less ridiculous. And they could use that opportunity to get Julian and Sonny out of the mob as well and completely remove the mob element from the show. 

She is out, for all intents and purposes.

And yet another totally lackluster denouncement to a story.  At least Sam called Nikolas out on how shitty it was to leave Laura et. al to grieve.

Ugh, Claudette is just so...basic.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, magnolia11 said:

Thank you! I must have missed that.

Alexis and Julian are connected forever because of this baby and that's never going to change? I thought they were already connected forever because of SAM, their first baby. Remember her?

• Love 7

Color me surprised Jason was smart enough to take a picture of Nik with a current newspaper. Of course Jason didn't bring a cell phone.

So bored with Claudette. There is absolutely nothing watchable about her story.

2 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Alexis and Julian are connected forever because of this baby and that's never going to change? I thought they were already connected forever because of SAM, their first baby. Remember her?

They didn't raise Sam, and she's an adult with her own life. I get what Julian meant here.

• Love 2

It feels wrong to hope for a miscarriage - even if it's for a fictional character. However, Alexis having a wonder baby with her medical history is something I don't want to watch.

Also, could we get a recast on Nathan as a Christmas in July gift? This Claudette story pushing him front and center is really going to be obnoxious. I find him so hard to watch.

• Love 4

I am scared to admit this but I actually liked the Nathan/Claudette scenes. I thought they had chem. More chem than RP/KS at least. 

I wish Jason would get murdered. I mean Nik is terrible, but I just hate Jason so fucking much when he's in full smug mode. Same for Sam tbh. But her hair looked nice.

I had to ffwd the Sonny/Carly scenes because I just can't. I did watch when it looked like Avery was doing something cute though. Her kissing Sonny was adorable.

I am so far beyond over Anna. When is FH taking her break? I need a break from Anna so badly.

• Love 9

Anna: I hope Jordan gets back soon with that warrant because it sounds like Alexis might be in trouble.  Let's just sit here and keep listening.

Me: Why don't you go to the door and knock????????

• Love 16