Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

(edited)
15 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Nathan is distantly related to Alexis (and now Julian!) and this shouldn't be on this investigation

I don't know about this. They barely know each other and have had minimal contact. Just because they're distantly related doesn't mean Nathan would automatically be biased somehow. Dante is able to investigate anything related to his family, and he's a lot closer to them. "Conflict of interest" is a plot point on this show. And when writers insist on connecting everyone, this is what's going to happen.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 5

There's no reason why Dante and Carly would talk more just cause she married Sonny, besides an extra "hi" and "goodbye" here or there. The show misses a lot of familial beats but imo that's not one of them. 

• Love 8
(edited)

Considering Carly tried to ruin his relationship by prostituting his childhood best friend and then by putting him on blast re: Brenda's baby, yeah, I am fine with their relationship as is. 

48 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Nathan is distantly related to Alexis (and now Julian!) and this shouldn't be on this investigation

And he's not even distantly related to Alexis, Victor Cassadine's not his father, not that I think we will ever find out who is.

The only time I remember Nathan and Alexis interacting is when he used the Cassadine card - even invoking Alexis' dead sister, which I thought was WAAAY overstepping -  to get Alexis to represent Nina after she kidnapped Avery.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
54 minutes ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

Alexis should have known from her history with Sonny that mobsters rarely leave that business.

Hell, she should have known from her history with Julian that mobsters don't leave the business. It's not as if this is the first time he promised her he was out of the mob and it turned out to be a lie. Fool her once, shame on him; fool her twice, she's a nitwit.

I don't know who this Huxley person is (I'm guessing one of undead Helena's minions), but he's already tiresome. I assume they had him pretend to think Nik looks like "the actor who wasn't mauled in the movie about the bear" because they think that's a clever little in-joke to viewers who remember Dr. Tom Hardy, but mostly it was reminiscent of how precious and twee Carlivati could be.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Fellaway said:

I can't decide if the writers of this show are dumb, or just exceptionally lazy and dependent on the audience members being dumb.  Hey, maybe all of the above.

It's 100% all of the above.

I didn't hate this episode. I fast forwarded most of the Jasam scenes though just because I'm bored by them. Same for the Julexis scenes.

The Ava/Nik scenes were really fun. Sure this story is dumb but it might be fun so I'll accept it. I didn't even hate Hux. Again, it's stupid as hell, but it doesn't make me rage out or bore me yet so it's fine by me.

I hate Jordan now but I'm on her side with regards to keeping Anna away from the Julian case. Anna is insane now. I can't wait until FH goes on her summer vacay.

• Love 5

Apparently the show's logic is Nik already has one old lady worrying about him (Laura), so no need for two. Same logic I think that has led Tracy and Lulu to only having one conversation since Laura came back.

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I hate Jordan now but I'm on her side with regards to keeping Anna away from the Julian case. Anna is insane now. I can't wait until FH goes on her summer vacay.

Ugh, it never ends with Anna. I also look forward to FH being gone, and I should never think that.

• Love 8

I have  hated Maura for years. but today on this show I was actually enjoying her. which is a miracle on this show. Nick looked like he was amused also. Keep these two away from the rest of the cast and there may be hope. I only saw the first half as I was getting ready to go to the gym. . Did I actually say I liked something. Oh and Felicia and Emma. what I saw of them. I think I kept watching because there was NO sonny and carly. I MAY EVEN GO WATCH THE REST OF IT. MAYBE.

• Love 1

Uh-oh...that line from Ava about Nikolas not wanting any pictures of himself to end up on TMZ because he isn't following his diet and people would say he has let himself go. Is Tyler the new Sean Kanan? When the temporary recast comes on, are they going to have character after character complimenting Nikolas on having slimmed down? I can just hear Tracy. "Looks like somebody cut back on the Burger King!" 

• Love 2
On 6/13/2016 at 4:07 PM, Darklazr said:

Okay, but I still say the writers were fucking lazy in not providing a name for the mother of Jeff's daughters.

Absolutely.  It's revolting that the relationships between Nina, Nathan, their now-offscreen mother/aunt and Dr. O have been established and Dr. O is still walking around after torturing legacy character Robin, while legacy character Elizabeth has not one family member on the canvas (I'm not counting her ex MIL and bro-in-law here) and we don't even know her mother's name even though Becky's been on the show for what, 18 years now? Even the most recent Steven Lars never actually named their mom/his step-mom.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

Uh-oh...that line from Ava about Nikolas not wanting any pictures of himself to end up on TMZ because he isn't following his diet and people would say he has let himself go. Is Tyler the new Sean Kanan?

Yeah, I kind of wondered if that was a shot at Tyler. I didn't see Wife Swap when he was on, but I read the recap and apparently he has a hard time keeping his weight down and is extremely self-conscious about it. If they were poking at him, that's not okay; it would be like making an acne joke right now at Maxie's expense.

I am embarrassed for whatever writer came up with "Zero Dark Flirty" as Anna's dating site username.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Yeah, I suppose it's just something we have to get over when 95% of the cast is related to lots of someone else's due to the endless amount of half-siblings and such..

Which is one of the reasons I give TPTB a teeny bit of slack for bringing newbies onto the show, because otherwise there would be nobody for any of the characters to date/marry!

• Love 7

I adore Emma, and I can even handle Anna ending up with a dating profile entitled "Zero Dark Flirty," but the two together...it probably would have been okay if they'd followed it up with one brief mention of Spencer uber-precociously picking Emma and Felicia up to take them to the airport (because he so would).  OTOH, they counterbalanced that with Jordan once again raising her jealousy hackles over Andre and Anna--and while I'd still rather see Andre with Anna, given a choice, their going about this latest tiff just smacks of redundancy and suckage.

By the same general token...Ava and grumpy beardface!Nik, er, "Nyle."  MW makes everything better, and Ava's basically well-meaning-if-snarky advice on fake identities was some pleasant light comedy.  But that brings us to the mysterious and already slightly punchable "Huxley," and...I'm at least curious as to what the hell is up with him and Mar-ga-re-the, or at least if he's one of Helena's (now Jerry's, I guess?) minions, but that's about it.

And as for Julian and Alexis?  I'm saying it again: why is/was Show so hellbent on napalming their relationship and the entire area around it and apparently planning to salt the earth afterwards?

• Love 6

Was good to see Felicia again, and she looked so pretty.

Alexis and Julian have the same conversation repeatedly. Diane already knows the worst, so Alexis thinks she can afford to tarry, but why doesn't she get a move on and turn Julian in now that the murder weapon has been discovered? Some mud is going to stick to Alexis.

I don't blame Jordan for questioning Dr Andre's true loyalty. He's buttering his bread on both sides.

• Love 1

I thought Tyler looked good with his beard. It's too bad a nuNick is coming in. I had replacements in storylines. It ruins the flow and it takes me out of the story. It looked like Maura West was having a great day yesterday. She was very un-Ava with the laughing and smiling. She was still Ava but with more fun in her. How much more of Tyler do we have? Is there any eta of his return? Will nuNicolas have a beard, too? LOL!!

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Lillybee said:

Has Jordan reverted to high school levels of jealousy.  It is a bad look for  a woman that is Jordan's age.

Jordan needs to dump him and have hot sex with Julian like it's 2014 or 2013.  And is Nik wearing the beard weave that ANTM glued on a contestant a cycle or so ago?  So Tyra Banks is head of hair and makeup?   This explains so much now.  Someone is getting peed on snow blonde hair, someone else will get a fierce out of control weave, and someone else is getting the Rosemary's Baby.   

• Love 2

The Nik/Ava scenes were amusing to me, mostly because of how ridiculous they were. This is the nicest thing I've said about wither of these people in quite some time. 

Emma is doing a little bit too much for me. Go play outside and stay out of grown folks business.

Jordan needs to go have a threeway with Hayden and Curtis because this shit with Andre and Anna is so unnecessary. 

STFU Anna. Andre and Jordan didn't "betray" you. You're a deranged attempted murderer obsessed with getting Justice For Duke. Why the hell would Jordan let your crazy ass anywhere near this case. Sit your ass down somewhere. 

I still don;t understand why Alexis was fine marrying Julian after he had Duke killed but him killing Carlos is just too much for her. And was it just me or was Julian threatening her when he said he meant every word of “till death do us part?"

So those Sam and Jason scenes were just a setup for Jason to remember the last time they were on the run. The writers couldn't come up with a better way to set that up? Of course not 

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

I still don;t understand why Alexis was fine marrying Julian after he had Duke killed but him killing Carlos is just too much for her. And was it just me or was Julian threatening her when he said he meant every word of “till death do us part?"

I don't think the writers really thought about it, but I can sorta see why. Duke was a rival, Carlos was supposedly Julian's like best friend. So I can kinda see maybe thinking the fact the Julian would kill his loyal right hand man in cold blood is a bit too hard to handle. But still, Alexis is an idiot. Also I fast forwarded those scenes yesterday but it did look to me like he was threatening her. In ffwd it looked like he motioned stabbing her in the chest or something.

• Love 6

He didn't motion stabbing her in the chest. He was talking about their vows and how, while she may not still believe them, he does, with all his heart. The only thing that might have been perceived as a threat was when he said something about 'til death do us part.' But even that was ambiguous, although we were probably supposed to see it as a threat based on Alexis' reaction.

• Love 1

She knew he killed Duke, but he also swore to her after that killing that he was done with the mob and all that it entailed. Killing Carlos meant he had either gone back on his word or had never kept it in the first place. Although I do think she belabored the killing of Carlos a bit, I think Alexis is using that as her watershed moment: that's the point she realized, as she said yesterday, that  he'd either been lying to her all along or had begun lying to her again. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Lillybee said:

Has Jordan reverted to high school levels of jealousy.  It is a bad look for  a woman that is Jordan's age.

It's a bad look at any age, though at least understandable with high schoolers.

1 hour ago, LeftPhalange said:

So those Sam and Jason scenes were just a setup for Jason to remember the last time they were on the run.

And they're not even really on the run—they're in one of Sonny's safehouses basically going about their regular business of inept investigating.

24 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

The only thing that might have been perceived as a threat was when he said something about 'til death do us part.'

I think that was definitely a threat. Maybe not so much physical (though who knows; this is GH) as he'll never sign divorce papers. Can't lose that marital privilege!

• Love 5
(edited)

Also I fast forwarded those scenes yesterday but it did look to me like he was threatening her.

It felt like an implicit threat to me too.  This show is incapable of making it through a week without a male threatening violence against a female.  While a bit more evolved, Julian is as much of a thug as Sonny.  It's just sad that the show somehow waves away the disgusting scumbag Sonny's threats as 'Sonny being Sonny'.  Everyone is so happy to get Julian in jail but is blind to see the worse gangster - Sonny - waltzing around PC as its unofficial mayor.  Carly's loud mouth makes this Sonny problem exponentially worse.  The 'worship' (see. Spinnelli) of Jason just heaps on more of this insult to the viewers' intelligence.

Edited by sunnyface
Typing more than one sentence about MB automatically provides a short circuit in my grammatical abilities.
  • Love 5
On 6/13/2016 at 3:44 PM, ulkis said:

Did Bobbie call Carly. "Caroline Lee Corinthos"? Maybe it was a screw up on JZ's part and she meant to say Carly.

I was gonna be mad at Spin but I think he was just posturing with Nathan given the look on his face when he left the apartment. Still, I'll give small "shut up, Spin!"

Ava had clown make-up on.

Are they not gonna follow up with the Jasam stuff tomorrow? The one time I slightly care.

Carly's middle name is actually spelled "Leigh". :) 

• Love 1
On 6/13/2016 at 3:07 PM, Darklazr said:

Okay, but I still say the writers were fucking lazy in not providing a name for the mother of Jeff's daughters.

When Janet Iacobuzio and Christopher Whitesell were very briefly HWs in 1997 (after Richard Culliton, and when Guza was at Sunset Beach), they created Liz specifically for Becky, as they liked her audition for Sarah, but felt she belonged in a different role. They weren't there for very long, so maybe they did genuinely intend to give her mom a name/even bring her on, but then Guza came back. And I ABSOLUTELY believe his general disdain for Liz--maybe because he DIDN'T create her himself, but she became popular anyway--contributed to the lack of her mom's presence/name. 

At this point, they should just use Andrea Trent Webber as her name--at least SOMEONE had the energy to make something up!

But this really all belongs in the history thread, so I'll stop now. ;)

• Love 1
(edited)
On 6/13/2016 at 11:54 PM, P3pp3rb1rd said:

But didn't she have a DUI in 2007 and had to attend AA meetings and rehab etc according to Wikipedia?

She did, but I don't think any of her health issues have been related to drug use since. At least, I hope not, given that now she has a young daughter to consider.

She's going through a divorce, she's now a single mom to a child below 5 years old (which is one reason the idea of her leaving over a contract dispute, rather than health issues, didn't quite wash with me--this would be the WORST time for her to try to do something like that), and it looks to me like the stress has aggravated an apparent skin condition. I just want her to be well.

Anyway, sorry for replying to these few days old posts right now. I'm going through some of this for the first time. ;) 

On 6/13/2016 at 11:58 PM, Chairperson Meow said:

I've honestly never heard of that before.  Tbh that's her business and imo not related to her endometriosis nor current skin condition.   I know that FF had spread rumors of her having an eating disorder.  

I remember when it happened. It made the mainstream celebrity news, not just soap mags. It seems like she's cleaned up since then, though.

ETA: I saw the mods intervened on this stuff. I'm late to the party here. I'm so sorry. 

Edited by UYI
A sincere apology.
  • Love 3

I wish I could be surprised that the show was fine with its mobster hero wading through a police academy graduation party to demand answers from the police commissioner, but I can't.

And then, cripes, St. Sonny's gonna buy Dante and Lulu a house?  Doesn't it not look great for a police officer to accept a gift like that from a known criminal?

• Love 9

Ugh. And forget issues of morality, it makes Dante and Lulu look dumb as fuck. What the hell have these two been doing with their cash all these years? They should be more than able to afford their home by now.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And then, cripes, St. Sonny's gonna buy Dante and Lulu a house?  Doesn't it not look great for a police officer to accept a gift like that from a known criminal?

Well, they already accepted $60k from him for the IVF treatments so what's a house on top of that? ;)

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Well, they already accepted $60k from him for the IVF treatments so what's a house on top of that? ;)

Eh, that was annoying, but different. But mea culpa for relying on recaps, cause what happened was Sonny just got the other buyers to drop out. I dunno if Dante/Lulu know though.

• Love 1

She knew he killed Duke, but he also swore to her after that killing that he was done with the mob and all that it entailed.

See, this? Is why I can't abide by any of the tongue bathing that Julexis got by the "soap press."* Julian didn't earn the "he's a good guy who gave it up for the woman he loved" then; he doesn't earn it now. He hadn't even earned it back before he committed felicide (Yep, I looked it up. It's been a long time since I've learned something new due to "watching"** GH.

*"Soap press" = soap bloggers with one or more e-mail addresses of a GH cast member

"watching" = reading about GH on social media boards and watching an occasional online clip

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Ugh. And forget issues of morality, it makes Dante and Lulu look dumb as fuck. What the hell have these two been doing with their cash all these years? They should be more than able to afford their home by now.

Buying beds, ferry tickets, blonde hair dye for Lulu, child care fees, the cage they've put Olivia in, pasta, wine, fancy party dresses, and probably last minute plane tickets.  

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, ulkis said:

There's an abandoned disco that hasn't been touched in (let's see, 2016 -1981) thirty-five years that they should be able to get on the cheap.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Eh, that was annoying, but different. But mea culpa for relying on recaps, cause what happened was Sonny just got the other buyers to drop out. I dunno if Dante/Lulu know though.

I missed the very end, but I guess he basically bribed the original buyers?  Whatever way you slice it, it's gross propping of Sonny.  Dante and Lulu are adults and should be treated by such by Sonny and the show.

Also, is this still the same night of Lucas and Brad's wedding?  What time is it that multiple real estate deals are happening?

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Francie said:

See, this? Is why I can't abide by any of the tongue bathing that Julexis got by the "soap press."* Julian didn't earn the "he's a good guy who gave it up for the woman he loved" then; he doesn't earn it now. He hadn't even earned it back before he committed felicide (Yep, I looked it up. It's been a long time since I've learned something new due to "watching"** GH.

*"Soap press" = soap bloggers with one or more e-mail addresses of a GH cast member

"watching" = reading about GH on social media boards and watching an occasional online clip

Technically, Carlos committed the felicide.  Julian ordered it.  

4 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I missed the very end, but I guess he basically bribed the original buyers?  Whatever way you slice it, it's gross propping of Sonny.

Definitely, but Sonny pressuring the buyers to drop out without Dante/Lulu's consent is imo a better look on their characters than letting mobster pops buy a house for them.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Technically, Carlos committed the felicide.  Julian ordered it.  

It's a felony felicide!  (When a felicide occurs in the commission of a felony).

And a conspiracy to commit a felicide.

I've had some nerd moments before .... but this is up there.

• Love 5
(edited)

In other news, one soap trope that makes me itchy is when characters get up on a "How DARE you accuse me of something I've done/am doing!" high horse.  And that's one more reason why I can't with Dr. Michael Easton.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

She knew he killed Duke,

Not to split hairs, but he didn't kill Duke.  He ordered Duke's hit, then I vaguely remember him taking it back but Carlos went against his wishes and did it anyway.  As for Carlos, he actually killed him, stabbing him multiple times.  

The only thing that might have been perceived as a threat was when he said something about 'til death do us part.'

I love Alexis, like Julian and Julexis and even I beleive it was an actual threat.  

They should be more than able to afford their home by now.

They said they went over asking but that the other buyer outbid them.  They never said if the realtor came back with a higher offer or just accepted the second buyer's offer without checking if they wanted to outbit them.  

• Love 3

Doesn't it not look great for a police officer to accept a gift like that from a known criminal?

Sonny told Diane to make sure nothing would be traced back to him, so it would simply look like the second buyer backed out.  I'm sure Lante will never find out and it was all about letting the viewers know how wonderful Sonny really is.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Francie said:

It's a felony felicide!  (When a felicide occurs in the commission of a felony).

And a conspiracy to commit a felicide.

I've had some nerd moments before .... but this is up there.

It's only a felony if the feline was young and/or attractive.   Weight, looks, and age are things that PCPD:ACU takes seriously.   That's why the Carlos Rivera case is very important.   

• Love 2
1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

Dante and Lulu with the house, Kristina with the job, it really handicaps all these characters that they can't do anything on their own steam.

Not to mention Michael can't go look for his girlfriend on his own,  and Morgan . . . can't do anything on his own. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I'm kind of glad Andre ended things with Anna. I know technically it's okay for them to be friends/date, but he was still her therapist, and that's a weird relationship to transition into something else.

LOL that Valerie was singled out by Jordan. Most of the reasons she had to quit were of her own doing. And it's not as if Valerie graduated first in her class. 

"Yes, this is he." Bless you, Dante! (More accurately, bless you, writer who understands grammar.)

1 hour ago, Perkie said:

Sonny told Diane to make sure nothing would be traced back to him, so it would simply look like the second buyer backed out.

Sonny added a bonus to Lulu and Dante's offer.

Edited by dubbel zout
Grammar!
  • Love 5