Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I thought that when Naomi walked into the room, first Hayden lifted her head and said "mother" and then Liz did the same. Does Liz recognize her as her mother but isn't saying anything? Naomi apparently didn't recognize her except her last name. The whole thing was very strange.

Must say, loved the framed shopping bags on Maxie's wall. Is that new or have I just zoned out too much?

18 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

I thought that when Naomi walked into the room, first Hayden lifted her head and said "mother" and then Liz did the same.

Why wouldn't Elizabeth want to see what Hayden's mom looks like? I thought that was a natural reaction.

I'm not defending Nathan per say, but when Maxie whined that she's learned that "love comes from trust", I wished Nathan would remind her that he trusted her not to put him in an awkward position by aiding and abetting a mobster, or that he trusted her not to dump him out of the blue for her ex for...reasons.

Dillon and Kiki were cute, but then of course, they cut immediately to Morgan ridiculously moping about it.  It's like a neon sign saying, "Don't bother investing in Dillon and Kiki!  Quartermaines never beat Corinthii!"

Shut up with pretending Corinthos Coffee is a real business, Kristina.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, backhometome said:

Whats the point of getting invested in Kiki/Dillon when Morgan is always going to win since he is the spawn of Sonny. Blah. 

The sad thing is I've seen more positive for Dillion and Kiki than Kiki and Morgan.

• Love 9

When Dillon/Kiki and the Glamour Boys t-shirts are the, by far, BEST PART of the show? 

Sad. So sad.

So Sonny is going to take Ava pushing Morgan to do the right thing and break up with Kiki as some sort of mob threat? A shitty ass romance where grown assed man Morgan was a cheating douche many times over and Sonny's going to involve himself and toss threats out? Ugh, this show. THIS SHOW.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Why wouldn't Elizabeth want to see what Hayden's mom looks like? I thought that was a natural reaction.

I just thought the tone was not "mother?" but more "mother!" as if it were hers also. Oh well. I never understand this show.

4 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

Sonny, please stay out of your adult children's love lives.

Ava is tediously overly concerned with her kid's love life too, and Carly is notorious for her mouth and long snoopy nose. Tracy is interested but sarcastic about Ned's and Dillion's, and Bobbie is gushy and pushy about Lucas's. I get fed up with the prurient interest that the oldsters show in the youngsters' matings and breakups. The older generation doesn't get enough of their own sexy times, it seems.

The exception is Mac/Felicia, who seem to live in a romantic world of their own. Alexis and Julian were pretty oblivious too; usually her daughters were bringing their lovelife problems home, and Alexis didn't have to snoop.

• Love 1

Nathan should quit bleating to Maxie and just run, run, run as fast as he can away from her now that she's temporarily playing hard to get. He can clear up his past by confiding to Jordan, steadying his career. He can ask a lawyer where he stands legally about the drunken gunshot. Maxie can't fix those parts of his problem, so Nathan should grow up and do it. Maxie is a drama queen who will make his life a roller coaster if he lets her.

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

Sonny threatening Ava will never get old. (sarcasm)

He's such an ass.  Maybe this will make him think twice before dropping trou in a crypt with someone he hates again.  

• Love 6

Morgan and Kiki have survived zilch, what is she talking about. I don't know how long they were supposed to have been together off screen before they came to P.C. but when they did she had eyes for Michael two minutes in and they were together for a month before he started sleeping with Ava again. That month was the only time on-screen together where they actully both wanted the other. These two crazy kids have barely even been a couple. Now, if she means as friends, sure, I guess.

These scenes are badly acted by both Storms and Paevey. They're not dire, but it's just lackluster.

lol what the hell at Ava tramping through a field and she and Sonny and they're the only ones there. This is so stupid though, why is Sonny getting involved with this. Enough with Sonny holding Michael and Morgan's hands. It hurts their characters.

Kristina looks pretty, but I could not care less about her and that dude or Parker.

Dillon's shirt. Not my bag, but I guess it's nice to see some non-generic men's clothes on the show.

• Love 11

So is this bench the new hangout of Port Charles? I mean everyone is having meetings there and stopping to talk. Kiki did you actually listen to youself telling Dillon all the wonderful times you and Morgan had including the times he cheated on you with your mom? Been through a lot , yes which means the year you were in love with his brother. You all are the definition of unhealthy. That said I do like her and Dillon. 

Sonny and Ava about to argue again. Yay. 

• Love 9

It's so bizarre that neither Kiki nor the show wants to acknowledge that she was banging Dillon's cousin for close to a year and THAT might be more of a deterrent to them hooking up than Morgan.

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, Bwill3133 said:

So is this bench the new hangout of Port Charles? I mean everyone is having meetings there and stopping to talk. Kiki did you actually listen to youself telling Dillon all the wonderful times you and Morgan had including the times he cheated on you with your mom? Been through a lot , yes which means the year you were in love with his brother. You all are the definition of unhealthy. That said I do like her and Dillon. 

Sonny and Ava about to argue again. Yay. 

Or how about the time she left Morgan for his brother. Those two are toxic together. 

• Love 4
(edited)
24 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

It's so bizarre that neither Kiki nor the show wants to acknowledge that she was banging Dillon's cousin for close to a year and THAT might be more of a deterrent to them hooking up than Morgan.

I might be mistaken, but I don't think there's been one single reference to the whole Kiki/Michael thing since the recast happened.  Kiki's been all about Morgan.  It's weird.

Edited by magnolia11
  • Love 3
32 minutes ago, Bwill3133 said:

So is this bench the new hangout of Port Charles? I mean everyone is having meetings there and stopping to talk.

No one has gotten shot there (yet), so I'm not surprised. For now, it's safer than the piers.

• Love 7

Yea it definitely feels like Kiki/Michael is one of those things we're just supposed to pretend never happened.

Dillon's outfit was weird as hell. But damn if I don't love Kiki/Dillon. They were literally the only good thing about this episode.

Kristina and Guy From Teen Beach Movie have had literally two scenes together so I don't know why the show expects us to be invested in them. And this shit with Corinthos Coffee is just awful. And now Kristina is calling Parker so we'll probably see her creepy ass again soon. This story sucks and is stupid.

Maxie being so aghast about this whole thing is so stupid. Just so mind-numbingly stupid. I'm ready for BW and the girl from Days to show up because I imagine they'll be horrible which might be entertaining. Right now this is just boring as hell.

I fast forwarded everything with Sonny because I just can't do it anymore.

• Love 9
(edited)
9 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yea it definitely feels like Kiki/Michael is one of those things we're just supposed to pretend never happened.

Kristina and Guy From Teen Beach Movie have had literally two scenes together so I don't know why the show expects us to be invested in them. And this shit with Corinthos Coffee is just awful. And now Kristina is calling Parker so we'll probably see her creepy ass again soon. This story sucks and is stupid.

But I sat through Kiki and Michael's bullshit for over a year, I bear the scars, I won't forget!  And in this case, I want it to be acknowledged because I would appreciate the show acknowledging that Michael and Dillon have some kind of familial relationship.

As for Kristina, I feel like there's something a bit hinky about this set-up, that her male love interest is age-appropriate and wanted to take things slow today and her female love interest is older, was her professor/had a position of power over her, and has been portrayed as somewhat predatory.  It's all...not great.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

As for Kristina, I feel like there's something a bit hinky about this set-up, that her male love interest is age-appropriate and wanted to take things slow today and her female love interest is older, was her professor/had a position of power over her, and has been portrayed as somewhat predatory.

In these circumstances, if Parker had been a man, I don't think anything would be different. This is one case where I don't think the show is playing unfairly.

That said, I think Whatshisname is too good to be true. 

• Love 2
(edited)

That's true, there's probably something wrong with Whathisname, besides him liking Kristina in the first place.  But I dunno, I think it'd be more interesting if Kristina was exploring her sexuality with love interests who were on more of an even playing field.

I also don't know why Parker would want anything to do with Kristina at this point.  Thanks to Kristina, Parker's marriage and career were called into question, she got goons sicced on her, and then she got ambushed by Alexis.  That's not hot, Professor.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7
59 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm okay with that actually.  It was a travesty of pathetic writing that came out of nowhere, no build-up, no rhyme or reason, and it was horrible.  I was thrilled when those two broke up.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Kristina and Guy From Teen Beach Movie have had literally two scenes together so I don't know why the show expects us to be invested in them. And this shit with Corinthos Coffee is just awful.

As soon as I heard that Sonny Corinthos, the Coffee Mogul of the Eastern Seaboard, had consented to letting Kristina's friend sell Corinthos coffee, I immediately thought Teen Movie guy is going to get used as a front and/or die soon. 

And it will be Julian's fault.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Lillybee said:

Love how Ava is the anti Christ because she is involved in Kikis love life all the while Sonny is involved in Moragns. How can the writers think we love to see Sonny win--barf

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Lillybee said:

Lol.  So, they're Romeo & Julieting Kiki and The Captain.   Oh, I remember the tragic tale of such grande love.  Brought together by internet gambling, kept together by massive debt and lies, only to be torn apart by his brother-  his brother!  And then her mother!  Such a long fortnight the young lovers  were torn apart till trickery, murder, lies, and deceit brought them back together like a sweet ballad on a spring morn.  Alas, the two hearts were ripped apart by the saucy minx that was her mother and the undeniable fact of The Captain's inability to commit.   For shame!   But addiction is strong with these two, so they found themselves together whereon young Kiki found herself shot after The Captain stopped taking his pills.  So then the Fair Maiden Kiki moved on to young Prince Dillion of Quartermaine leaving The Captain to brood.   Brood, brood, brood.  

Sigh.  I, for one,  feel Sonny simply is playing his part in a historical love story. This post was brought to you by sarcasm.

• Love 12
27 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I thought Denise was supposed to be Ava's cousin, not her sister? Both Dillon and Lauren called her Ava's sister.

Denise was supposed to be Ava's twin sister, they even trotted out Roxy Delia to try and sell the lie.

• Love 2

Plus, Kristina is a pretty immature college student. Why get involved in all that dumb drama?

She's really not even hot to say its lust over her looks. Kristina looks like she could be her daughter. Why would an older married woman be so interested in a young girl with a bratty personality, who has never worked a day in her life, and clearly has no goals to do anything in life outside of having a boyfriend or girlfriend. Wasn't Kristina valedictorian in highschool and she went in to school with at least a full semester of credits? And she took summer courses? She's like a 6 year student now. 

2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

But I sat through Kiki and Michael's bullshit for over a year, I bear the scars, I won't forget!  And in this case, I want it to be acknowledged because I would appreciate the show acknowledging that Michael and Dillon have some kind of familial relationship.

I'm fine with them forgetting Michael and Kiki hooked up if we also never have to acknowledge Morgan's hookups with Ava ever again either. That was just gross. Nothing was attractive about that couple and trying to sell it as some great romance was even worse. It was worse than Kiki and Michael.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, In2You said:

I'm fine with them forgetting Michael and Kiki hooked up if we also never have to acknowledge Morgan's hookups with Ava ever again either. That was just gross. Nothing was attractive about that couple and trying to sell it as some great romance was even worse. It was worse than Kiki and Michael.

This I disagree with.  To me, Morgan and Ava were vastly preferable to Michael and Kiki and to Morgan and Kiki.  Them sleeping together was soapy as hell, and Carly and Kiki's heads exploding when they walked in on them was too delicious.  And the show contrasting Morgan and Ava's comfort sexing with Kiki and Michael's tepid lovemaking (which Kiki deemed "nice", heh) was a mistake.  

• Love 13
27 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

This I disagree with.  To me, Morgan and Ava were vastly preferable to Michael and Kiki and to Morgan and Kiki.  Them sleeping together was soapy as hell, and Carly and Kiki's heads exploding when they walked in on them was too delicious.  And the show contrasting Morgan and Ava's comfort sexing with Kiki and Michael's tepid lovemaking (which Kiki deemed "nice", heh) was a mistake.  

One could argue Michael and Kiki was soapy. Both were just gross but especially Morgan and Ava. And she was always acting so motherly to him. Bleck!  Morgan was pissed at Kiki for her relationship with his brother so the solution was to be even worse and hook up with her mom?  The only thing done right in that story was not tying him for life to that woman old enough to be his mother via a child.

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

That said, I think Whatshisname is too good to be true. 

Dude damn near has to be a plant for some Sonny nefarious plot. Rival criminal organization, personal issue or government trap. Since when is Sonny's fake coffee considered to be famous and valuable? Infamous, maybe. And he couldn't runaway fast enough to get out of having sex with Kristina.

Edited by stlbf
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Lol.  So, they're Romeo & Julieting Kiki and The Captain.   Oh, I remember the tragic tale of such grande love.  Brought together by internet gambling, kept together by massive debt and lies, only to be torn apart by his brother-  his brother!  And then her mother!  Such a long fortnight the young lovers  were torn apart till trickery, murder, lies, and deceit brought them back together like a sweet ballad on a spring morn.  Alas, the two hearts were ripped apart by the saucy minx that was her mother and the undeniable fact of The Captain's inability to commit.   For shame!   But addiction is strong with these two, so they found themselves together whereon young Kiki found herself shot after The Captain stopped taking his pills.  So then the Fair Maiden Kiki moved on to young Prince Dillion of Quartermaine leaving The Captain to brood.   Brood, brood, brood.  

Sigh.  I, for one,  feel Sonny simply is playing his part in a historical love story. This post was brought to you by sarcasm.

And don't forget the little hookups with the sassy wench, Darby. The last time being walked in on by Lady Kiki. After the Captain couldn't *ahem* perform with the goodly Lady Kiki.

No woman should ever have to deal with any douchebag like Kiki has with Morgan. I don't hate any woman enough to wish that type of abusive, sick relationship on my worst enemy.  Hell, not even Snarly. Although I might wish it on Sonny. If Sonny is the Kiki of the relationship. That would be fantastic.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

I thought Denise was supposed to be Ava's cousin, not her sister? Both Dillon and Lauren called her Ava's sister.

Denise was supposed to be Ava's twin sister, they even trotted out Roxy Delia to try and sell the lie.

Oh, right. Ugh. 

12 minutes ago, In2You said:

One could argue Michael and Kiki was soapy.

They could have been. When Lauren walked in on Michael and Rosalee, that was awesome soap. But Michael and Morgan were slapped together so quickly, and we were told it was a love story for the ages. No, it needed a lot more work than that.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, stlbf said:

Dude damn near has to be a plant for some Sonny nefarious plot. Rival criminal organization, personal issue or government trap. Since when is Sonny's fake coffee considered to be famous and valuable? Infamous, maybe. And he couldn't runaway fast enough to get out of having sex with Kristina.

Why are they doing this story yet again with Kristina? She didnt learn the first time? She looks even stupider now in the repeat than she did a couple of years ago.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, stlbf said:

And don't forget the little hookups with the sassy wench, Darby. The last time being walked in on by Lady Kiki. After the Captain couldn't *ahem* perform with the goodly Lady Kiki.

No woman should ever have to deal with any douchebag like Kiki has with Morgan. I don't hate any woman enough to wish that type of abusive, sick relationship on my worst enemy.  Hell, not even Snarly. Although I might wish it on Sonny. If Sonny is the Kiki of the relationship. That would be fantastic.

Hence why I ship either Sonny/Sabrina or Sonny/Nina.  Sabrina would leave him for the next tallest guy who looked at her, while Nina would outcrazy him in a sheer battle of egos that could implode the show altogether.   He'd throw barware, she'd repeat things and throw everything.   It would be magic.   Pure magic.  And by magic I mean, UCG and a way to torture Sonny.  

• Love 7
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

And now Kristina is calling Parker so we'll probably see her creepy ass again soon. This story sucks and is stupid.

Kristina tried to drag that boy to bed with her or even make love in the public living room. She's so gross. When he turned her down for legitimate reasons (for example, he had class) apparently Kristina's feelings and ego were so hurt that she had to reach out for Parker.Kristina is insecure AND a predator.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, rur said:

As soon as I heard that Sonny Corinthos, the Coffee Mogul of the Eastern Seaboard, had consented to letting Kristina's friend sell Corinthos coffee, I immediately thought Teen Movie guy is going to get used as a front and/or die soon. 

And it will be Julian's fault.

Everything is Julian's fault now.  He's like the Fat Free AJ of GH.  All the blame and none of the imaginary fat.  

I heard Starbucks was actually SonnyBucks, but you didn't hear that from me.  

• Love 6
On 6/3/2016 at 7:42 PM, dubbel zout said:

LOL that Finn being able to use a hypodermic needle means he's responsible for Lucas's coma, since there's no one else in the hospital who could possibly have that same know-how.

I thought it was because he had access to the drug that was being used to kill the victims.  Which is a smidgen less stupid.

On 6/3/2016 at 8:50 PM, Syndicate said:

Griffin confuses me. He needs guidance on why Nathan was placed on his path? Something is missing. How is it that I thought Griffin was already very much familiar with Nathan? Did I overlook how strangely Griffin acted upon spying Maxie and Nathan during a marriage proposal and an engagement party?

I get the feeling that Griffin recognizes Nathan but that Nathan doesn't recognize Griffin.

On 6/6/2016 at 0:11 PM, Thorpe said:

I like Dr. Finn. He's odd in a fun way. The hospital story is a welcome break from Corinthos Hospital. 

I like him too.  Michael Easton has finally found the role for him on this show.  He's just so oddball and off-kilter, I love watching his reactions to stuff.

The preview shows Elizabeth with Franco. Good, because somehow those two are interesting together. She seems to drop her butter wouldn't melt in my mouth routine with him. Roger and Becky have chemistry.

I agree they have chemistry (but then, BH has chemistry with everyone she is paired with), I just wish that RH had a better character to play.  Sticking Liz with Franco is just so wrong, chemistry or no.

• Love 2

Serious question, since I'm not sure if I missed something: did Julian somehow find out that Alexis had kept his shirt?  Because if he didn't that puts his shirt on the same level as Scott's flashdrive and what the hell, show?

2 hours ago, In2You said:

I'm still inclined to give this a pass for the tail end of it, with Morgan and "Denise" straight up saying they needed to stay away from each other and failing spectacularly like some kind of demented erotic bungee cord.

That brings me to Morgan and Kiki (Plus One): PTSD Edition.  Intellectually, I know, I should be welcoming Dillon as a sane potential SO for the newly somewhat-grounded Keeks; they haven't done anything wrong, AFAICT, and they're not stinking up the joint.  But I just can't get behind it.  I don't know if it's so much them, though (or probably more specifically Dillon), or this inescapable feeling that--especially considering how all in they were about it in the past--Dillon is doomed to lose out to Morgan here in the name of mini-Sonny and mini-Carly.

• Love 2
(edited)

I couldn't care less, honestly. In the limited material I came back to watch for the NB they were cute enough in their musical number, but the bottom line for me is there is no reason for any Kiki to be here, and NuDillon is still a mostly wooden/deeply bland dud. It's a pairing of slightly affable nobodies in a wasteland, but any time you put either one in a real storyline they blow. What is the key to the pairing other than 'they're available and white?' Nothing. Maybe you could slightly salvage Kiki by making Hayley Erin play up a bohemian character, but Kiki has never really resembled any actual boho type and there are other characters I'd much rather watch. And this Dillon Q is not serious to me. So you can't even play up a contrast in character sketches.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, Bill C. said:

Serious question, since I'm not sure if I missed something: did Julian somehow find out that Alexis had kept his shirt?  Because if he didn't that puts his shirt on the same level as Scott's flashdrive and what the hell, show?

I'm still inclined to give this a pass for the tail end of it, with Morgan and "Denise" straight up saying they needed to stay away from each other and failing spectacularly like some kind of demented erotic bungee cord.

That brings me to Morgan and Kiki (Plus One): PTSD Edition.  Intellectually, I know, I should be welcoming Dillon as a sane potential SO for the newly somewhat-grounded Keeks; they haven't done anything wrong, AFAICT, and they're not stinking up the joint.  But I just can't get behind it.  I don't know if it's so much them, though (or probably more specifically Dillon), or this inescapable feeling that--especially considering how all in they were about it in the past--Dillon is doomed to lose out to Morgan here in the name of mini-Sonny and mini-Carly.

I can't seem to care about them. They're just generic Barbie/Ken dolls without personality or purpose.They're inoffensive - so they have  that going for them

• Love 4
1 hour ago, jsbt said:

I couldn't care less, honestly. In the limited material I came back to watch for the NB they were cute enough in their musical number, but the bottom line for me is there is no reason for any Kiki to be here, and NuDillon is still a mostly wooden/deeply bland dud. It's a pairing of slightly affable nobodies in a wasteland, but any time you put either one in a real storyline they blow. What is the key to the pairing other than 'they're available and white?' Nothing. Maybe you could slightly salvage Kiki by making Hayley Erin play up a bohemian character, but Kiki has never really resembled any actual boho type and there are other characters I'd much rather watch. And this Dillon Q is not serious to me. So you can't even play up a contrast in character sketches.

For some reason I don't hate Dillon like I hate so many other characters on this sho, probably because of residual fondness for the Scott Clifton days. I think this current Dillon could still be useful in some capacity if they actually bothered to give him something to do other than play third wheel to Kiki and Morgan. I do agree with you that Kiki is useless trash and needs to be murdered and dumped in Ava's apartment. 

I like how Maxie is more upset about tree lying to her than she is about him trying to murder someone because they banged his fake wife. I know murder/attempted murder is a rite of passage in PC, but still. 

Kiki and Morgan's piece of shit relationship is going to be the new thing Ava and Sonny argue over incessantly, isn't it? Fuck them all to hell. 

I like Aaron and Kristina a little. I guess. IDK. They're inoffensive to me. . 

• Love 4

There's something off about Kristinas new friend. I agree he could be a plant trying to infiltrate Sonny s "business". I thought it was strange that a guy that age wouldn't have wanted to do her when she was obviously throwing herself at him. Maybe he's also doing Morgan....everyone else has. 

• Love 3