Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

The minute Naomi developed a raised eyebrow upon hearing the name "Webber," I immediately deduced Liz and Hayden are related. Sisters, cousins, or whatever. It has to be this way since they hate each other and will both be "thrilled" when they learn they share blood. SMH!

• Love 1

On the flip side, Rebecca Budig has been very defined by her father so I could see them going with the version where Jeff had an affair with Naomi and then Naomi passed off Rebecca Budig as Mr. Berlin's child, making her Liz's half-sister that way.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Thorpe said:

Jason and Sam have to be the most dull, unexciting, dry couple I've ever seen. I'd literally rather watch paint dry than watch them whisper in monotones. All they do is judge everybody while wearing matching biker wear. Yawn.

Must totally agree. Sam's hair looks like she rolled out of bed and couldn't find a comb. It actually looks greasy and dirty. And  today they had abandoned the yellow stickies on the wall, even though the two detectives were still coming up with points to ponder. Icing on the cake was Jason pulling open the whiskey drawer and Sam grabbing the games. It's like one of Grandma Monica's sleep-overs!

2 hours ago, backhometome said:

Why does Maxie`s hair look so odd? its like she is wearing a wig.

It sure does look odd. Looks like a wig. Somehow reminds me of the old gals who sat around knitting during the Guillotine action. I'm not sure why.

Maxie is one ditzy broad. One minute she's making marriage plans and singing "LA LA  LA can't hear you!" when Nathan is trying to tell her an important story. Immediately thereafter, she's in a violent snit because he hadn't told her yet. Maxie Bitch, just STFU so Nathan can stutter out his confession! She is one dumb idiot.

The Naomi is Liz's bio mother theory really doesn't make any sense. Steven Lars was already being raised as Mrs. Webber's kid too. Everyone knew that he had an out of the picture bio mother, but he didn't consider Heather to be his "Mom".  So why would they lie to Liz? Steven Lars and Sarah were the golden son and daughter in Liz's eyes. Since they were good students, generally made good decisions and wanted to become doctors, like their parents. Liz went with a troubled brat attitude and she had no clue as to what she wanted in life for herself. For a long time it was to pissed off her sister and parents. 

Of course, this is TFGH, logic never rules here.

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

On the flip side, Rebecca Budig has been very defined by her father so I could see them going with the version where Jeff had an affair with Naomi and then Naomi passed off Rebecca Budig as Mr. Berlin's child, making her Liz's half-sister that way.

If they have to do this story (and they seem hell bent on it), I'd rather see it go down this way. 

• Love 4

OK I have to stop and take a breath at the arrival of Hayden's mother. My worst nightmare is unspooling...Hayden Hayden Hayden. Morning, Noon and Night. Hayden every day. Hayden is like the new Sabrina...being sewn into the canvas attached to a legacy character (Nik) and then dragging new characters with her...Curtis, Naomi, and Raymond (offstage, but whose name is constantly invoked as if he is another character). I am so sick of seeing Hayden's raccoon-eyed piehole day after day as the weeks roll on. Now her story is being woven tighter into the canvas as a possible relative to Liz, another legacy character.

• Love 1

Oooooh, maybe it can come out that Rick Webber as a link. Just a thought to throw out there. There is a better shot of Rick Webber coming back from the dead than there is of RDA coming back on this stupid, sad, and empty shell of a show.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

I think this is how they'll go. It's easier and it makes the story more about Hayden than Liz, which let's face it is more likely. And like you said, every showrunner seems allergic to delving into Liz's family.

• Love 5

If they're going to make Hayden a Webber, she should be Rick's daughter so at least the rewriting of history where he was sticking it in anything that moved would have some payoff beyond turning Laura into a wig on a stick.

Speaking of which, when we saw the Claudette flashbacks, I was like, "the wig! It's back on recurring status!"

LOL at Franco attempting to ingratiate himself with Liz by telling her to let him help her stop being such a loser. So weird that people don't like him.

• Love 9

Which would also allow them to change her from Rachel Berlin, evil Raymond's daughter to Hayden Webber, wonderful Jeff's daughter.  

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Which would also allow them to change her from Rachel Berlin, evil Raymond's daughter to Hayden Webber, wonderful Jeff's daughter.  

The Jackson Montgomery gambit, if you will?

• Love 7
3 hours ago, tricknasty said:

Maxie's hair looks fried and pushed in her face to hide that awful makeup caked on her face

KS has stated that she is temporarily leaving GH because of a skin condition.  I got the impression that her hair was pushed onto her face to conceal the problem (and is probably why she is wearing so much makeup).  I really feel for her because it must stink to have a skin condition in such a highly public - and unforgiving - line of work.  I wish her a speedy recovery.

• Love 18

Maxie really needs to learn not to ask questions she doesn't want to hear the answers to. News flash, Maxie: People have secrets. Even dullards like Nathan. Those flashbacks were so badly done, and entirely unnecessary.

"How did you find me?" Hayden, you haven't exactly been off the grid in Port Charles. I really hate crap like that.

• Love 8

If wonderful Jeff had nothing to do with her while she was growing up, evil Raymond is her father in every sense but biological.

Yes, but they're trying to redeem her, so moving her away from Raymond We Never Cared Berlin to Jeff We Remember Him Webber goes a long way to do that.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Perkie said:

Yes, but they're trying to redeem her, so moving her away from Raymond We Never Cared Berlin to Jeff We Remember Him Webber goes a long way to do that.  

But, and I'll keep beating this drum, how do you tell the story without Jeff?  Sure, we remember him, but, like, barely.

• Love 3

No matter how shallow, narcissistic, and generally out of it a character on General Hospital is, there are two things they're all so knowledgeable about that they can recite chapter and verse on cue: the Berlin family's Bernie Madoff-esque doings and Shriners Hospitals for Children®.  

• Love 6
(edited)

I don't care if Hayden is Liz's sister. I cared a bit when I thought she might be a Q. I even cared when I thought she might be Susan, before Paul became awful. But that is because RBurgi and JE have the talent to sell the requisite story. BH does not, RBudig does not. Not on their own. I just don't care. I'm bored with them and the story has barely started. Rolling around on the ground like children. It isn't worth my time. I'd rather watch Tracy open a daycare. At least Jane could make it interesting. Even Hulu is bored and giving up. The last two episodes have quit halfway through and won't play. Probably from second hand embarrassment. I am glad for Liz fans, if that is where they are going. That's all I got.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 3
(edited)

Nathan did say it was dark in the room, he was fall down drunk and seeing blurry.  Plus this happened ten years ago

Yet Nathan looks exactly the same in that flashback.  Same hair, same scruff.  It's uncanny.   They should have at least given him a mullet.

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Syndicate said:

The minute Naomi developed a raised eyebrow upon hearing the name "Webber," I immediately deduced Liz and Hayden are related. Sisters, cousins, or whatever. It has to be this way since they hate each other and will both be "thrilled" when they learn they share blood. SMH!

More shitty rent seeking, just like Franco being a Baldwin. I was getting my car fixed, so I had to watch this fucking show, and the amount of characters that predate Frank that were featured was minuscule, and none of them had a story centered around them, or in some cases, were even on contract. Out of the 7 people in Lucas's room,  only 2, including Lucas, with Monica in the background like some extra. I know Bobbie's face doesn't move, but she could have been by his bedside. Newbies Hayden and Naomi with Liz fighting Hayden like some loser. Sam with recast Jason and his story, Maxie with Nathan and his story and then Liz with Franco, and the only character pre Frank that looked sane was Sam. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Yet Nathan looks exactly the same in that flashback.  Same hair, same scruff.  It's uncanny.   They should have at least given him a mullet.

I agree that they should have de-aged Nathan for the flashback. A mullet is what I also thought. Something! Anything!

I'm glad that KS came public with her issue because I would have been all WTF? Her face was super white and her lips look swollen and purple. Also, the hair was parted in the middle with some weird brown color. Hopefully, she'll get well soon. That said, they should have written Maxie out when she left. At least, have Molly Burnett on for a week and write her out, too. I guess they needed a nunuMaxie since Bree Willimson is joining the cast but the storyline of Claudette is already DOA with two new actresses and an actor like Ryan Paevey who can't act to begin with. Yikes!!

• Love 3

Jordan was showing her incredible lack of professionalism and know-how again today when she was questioning Lucas in front of everyone in his family, circle of friends, and medical attendants. Asking Lucas if he had seen enough to identify the would-be killer was so stupid. Lucas might not have been completely sure, but would she expect him to speak up in public nevertheless, making himself vulnerable to a second murder attempt? Why didn't she clear the room and then ask Lucas?

• Love 4

Sonny is a super-awesome 'hideaway' landlord, what with stocking the place complete with...dominoes.  This show...

Watching Jason and Sam puzzle out this "mystery" is like watching two narcoleptics play charades.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, tvgoddess said:

Not even Hayden deserves that.

Heh. Poor Haychel. Scummy and his issues, plus you throw in his original gold digger hell beast, Carly. She can barely handle Nik and Liz. 

• Love 1
(edited)

At least the set designer in Maxie/Nathan's apartment went to town with plenty of paintings hanging on the wall along with a new lamp and flowers.  At least they kept a patch of the cool wallpaper to keep me distracting from the mind-numbing script as did the dress and pearls on mama Hayden.  However, not even the wooden horse bookends nor the patterns on the rug could distract me from the ennui that arises when Sam and Jason interact.

Edited by sunnyface
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, ciarra said:

I would tune in for that.  Eh.  I think I'm going on the barge for the summer.  Between a math class, BoJack Horseman, and Degrassi- I think I have enough.  I'm not tuning in for another Summer of Sonny Suck featuring whomever Frank feels like featuring.  

11 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

But, and I'll keep beating this drum, how do you tell the story without Jeff?  Sure, we remember him, but, like, barely

Well, these are the same people that tied Levy to Peter Something or Other, a character who was around for 5 minutes back in 1902.  

Yet Nathan looks exactly the same in that flashback.  Same hair, same scruff.  It's uncanny. 

I thought it was hilarious (hilariously bad) the the shirt he was wearing in the flashback looked exactly like the shirt he was wearing in the present, to the point where I had to double check to make sure that it wasn't.  Talk about making no effort whatsoever

• Love 8
(edited)
10 hours ago, ciarra said:

Nathan did say it was dark in the room, he was fall down drunk and seeing blurry.  Plus this happened ten years ago

Yet Nathan looks exactly the same in that flashback.

I had to laugh when he said he was fall-down drunk and RP wasn't playing Nathan any differently from how he usually does. 

10 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

I know Bobbie's face doesn't move, but she could have been by [Lucas's] bedside.

Please. They're not going to pay JZ a cent more than they absolutely have to. We should be glad we've seen Bobbie with Lucas at the hospital at all.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I'm totally blanking, did we find out what made Bobbie pass out in the first place?  Was it something beside a bout of contrivance-itis?

I'm thinking we're supposed to believe foul play was involved connected to the hospital murders.

1 minute ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I thought Bobbi's fainting spell was just a contrivance to push the "Dr. Death" storyline along.

That's my thought as well. It was all just to facilitate Lucas getting jabbed by Hospital Murderer. Why I don't know since that went nowhere and ended in like 2 days.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Syndicate said:

Oh somehow I don't think it's going to matter if it was ten, twenty, or thirty years ago. Claudette will not be arriving on the scene because she suddenly misses her would be murderous ex-husband. She's coming to resurrect the past, and every bad thing associated with it. I'm sure she'll pressure pious Griffin to side with her in this endeavor.

I wish instead of creating this convoluted past that the characters are all in agony about but that we don't care one whit, they simply brought on Claudette as some sort of dynamic new character that catches Nathan's eye. Bree seems a bit older than the set she's playing with, so can't she be some fashion editor with clout that Nathan intersects with because of visiting Maxie at work. He and Maxie have issues, etc. It'd have to be fleshed out well, obviously. But something where the audience goes on the journey with the characters instead of being told about ancient history and expecting us to care.

The writers struck out when they did that with John Silas McBain and his dead sister. We didn't care!

The writers struck out when did that with "I-------'m BACK!" Nina. We NEVER cared! And named her that!

And now we're supposed to care about Nathan and Griffin's back stories and get immediately invested?

I ask again (and again and again): Who taught these writers plot development?

• Love 8
(edited)

Obviously, like I said, it was contrivance-itis.  But I couldn't remember if whatever doctor checked on her (Dr. Michael Easton or Griffin, I don't remember) gave some medical blah blah for the fainting spell.  Whatever, Bobbie and Lucas' part in this is clearly over. 

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2
58 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I'm totally blanking, did we find out what made Bobbie pass out in the first place?  Was it something beside a bout of contrivance-itis?

Total contrivance, but Finn managed a diagnosis yesterday: something vertigo something.

35 minutes ago, Francie said:

I wish instead of creating this convoluted past that the characters are all in agony about but that we don't care one whit, they simply brought on Claudette as some sort of dynamic new character that catches Nathan's eye.

They always go to so much trouble to create backstories for the characters we care least about, and then complain about how hard it is to write for characters with established backstories. Huh?

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Francie said:

The writers struck out when they did that with John Silas McBain and his dead sister. We didn't care!

The writers struck out when did that with "I-------'m BACK!" Nina. We NEVER cared! And named her that!

And now we're supposed to care about Nathan and Griffin's back stories and get immediately invested?

What do you mean you didn't care about Retconia! #sarcasm

But you are spot-on.  And this Claudette shit is beating two dead horses - dead or "dead" family members/spouses from a character's past causing drama in their present - and Dr. Michael Easton's stupid wife is also in play - AND the delicious, bitchy bad girl played by a famous soap face.  Gawd am I dreading this Claudette garbage, especially since Maxie will have a new, annoying face.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Francie said:

I wish instead of creating this convoluted past that the characters are all in agony about but that we don't care one whit, they simply brought on Claudette as some sort of dynamic new character that catches Nathan's eye. Bree seems a bit older than the set she's playing with, so can't she be some fashion editor with clout that Nathan intersects with because of visiting Maxie at work. He and Maxie have issues, etc. It'd have to be fleshed out well, obviously. But something where the audience goes on the journey with the characters instead of being told about ancient history and expecting us to care.

I dunno. That's kinda what Ron attempted with Dante/Lulu/Valerie/Dillon last year and it did not go great, to put it mildly. But then Dante/Lulu (as a couple and as individual characters) had/have a much longer history than Nathan and Naxie (not including Maxie as a character, just the couple, obviously Maxie has a long history on the show) do, so maybe what they did with Lante last summer would have gone over better with Naxie.

• Love 1
(edited)

The "conflict" between Dante and Lulu was so badly written. We got so little buildup to Dante deciding his only recourse was to cheat on Lulu. And let's not get started with how badly Valerie was written. She was all about her dead mother and the Fourth of July. That does not a character make.

Fuck. Even thinking about that story gives me the start of a rage blackout.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, Francie said:
24 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I dunno. That's kinda what Ron attempted with Dante/Lulu/Valerie/Dillon last year and it did not go great, to put it mildly. But then Dante/Lulu (as a couple and as individual characters) had/have a much longer history than Nathan and Naxie (not including Maxie as a character, just the couple, obviously Maxie has a long history on the show) do, so maybe what they did with Lante last summer would have gone over better with Naxie.

17 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

The "conflict" between Dante and Lulu was so badly written. We got so little buildup to Dante deciding his only recourse was to cheat on Lulu. And let's not get started with how badly Valerie was written. She was all about her dead mother and the Fourth of July. That does not a character make.

Fuck. Even thinking about that story gives me the start of a rage blackout.

Agreed. It's in the execution. There should have been a debate as to where Claudette best fit in.  Another police officer? A crime victim that Nathan felt himself drawn too -- someone with a young fatherless boy whereas meanwhile Maxie expresses not wanting to have more kids? A doctor at GH -- someone who stands up to Nathan's mother in a way that impresses Nathan? As a Sarah Webber recast?  These are all premise, and then it's what's done with them.

What doesn't work though is coming on as a character with so much past baggage that we are re-litigating long dead issues that never concerned us in the first place. I get the whole idea of an established character having someone from their pas show up. But it's all this focus on the past that's bizaree to me. And it's the wrong character getting focus. We don't care anything about Griffin and barely enough about Nathan. Why are these people getting these drawn out pasts instead of out long-standing established characters like Elizabeth, Laura, Sam, etc. (If you don't particularly like one of those characters, pick a character in whose corner you are in).

Edited by Francie
  • Love 4