Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Was it just me or was Jason's response to Sam inapropriate (inapropriate is not the right word but I can't think of what the right word would be).  She's all teary eyed going on about how she lost him and she couldn't survive losing him again, and he just kind of chuckles and is all, 'hey i'm here now'.  I know that he has no memories, but he does have emotions, does he not?  If someone was sitting across from me, essentially crying because they'd lost me once, I would be in tears with them.  But no real emotion just a 'aw shucks, youre fine' kind of attitude.  

Also, when Sam was going on and on about how she'd wake and be sad because he wasn't beside her, I couldnt' help but think that she really wasn't alone all that time.  How many times did she wake up beside Silas or Patrick, during that time?

• Love 2
So Michael dumped Sabrina, and now wants her back because she and the baby will be safer with his mobster ties than it will be with Carlos'?

Of course! Sonny is the good mobster!

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 5

She's all teary eyed going on about how she lost him and she couldn't survive losing him again, and he just kind of chuckles and is all, 'hey i'm here now'.  I know that he has no memories, but he does have emotions, does he not?

That's what I don't like about BM's portrayal.  He tends to be goofy, and Jason, especially SteveB's version, was never goofy.  Sarcastic, yes, but goofy, no.

• Love 1

Dante got a new bed. He even showed Lulu the receipt. Isnt love grand. 

Seriously? I missed that part. Good God. But it's the same damn spot in the same damn apartment. Might as well be the same.

Now I kinda wonder is Dante gonna die? Laura mentioned Helena said Lulu would want the envelope when her life is empty and today they slap 'em back together (some more) and Lulu croons about she's happy in the awful blue light.

Speaking of beds that have previous memories attached to them, they should just get rid of that giant circle thing-y besides Sam's bed because all I think about when I see that are the Patrick/Sam chats in bed.

If someone was sitting across from me, essentially crying because they'd lost me once, I would be in tears with them.  But no real emotion just a 'aw shucks, youre fine' kind of attitude.  

Well, it was a dream, so that explains that. My problem with it (before I knew it was a dream) was it was a childish response. Jason can't guarantee anything.

"Dere it is. Dere's dat smile". Blerg. He said that to her like she's 5. She's not 5! I know it was dream dialogue but my problem there was Miller's delivery of it, not the actual dialogue.

I HAD A PROBLEM WITH LOTS OF OTHER DIALOGUE THOUGH. :unfurls scroll:

Dante's stiff line. So dumb.

Anna: HE TAUGHT HER HOW TO DANCE!

And probably how to jump! And run! And twirl!

All of Griffin's dialogue, all of it. He sounds like a bad 1850s novel. And of all of it consists of eavesdropping and then saying, "excuse me . . . did I hear you say that . . . " and then "are you saying Carlos is the father?" Yes, that is exactly what he just said! Keep up! Also, is he psycho?

Felix: A woman who spent her whole life fighting crime is now behind bars?

Oh my God! Soooooooo ironic! Or something! Thank you Felix, otherwise I never would have known.

Felix:Don't worry, I'll be there to support you.

Oh yeah, that'll reassure Michael.

previews: Olivia is still on this show? What?

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

Are we supposed to be excited and thrilled that Michael and Felix are teaming up to rescue Sabrina?  In my dreams, Bree and Fee decide to stay in Puerto Rico forever and Michael returns after suffering a blow to the head that makes him hate Sonny again.

Today was...not a great day for Anna.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7

Patrick/Sam chats in bed.

That reminds me, I would rather watch Michelle Stafford play drunk than ever see a second of Patrick/Sam chatting in bed about Jason/Jake. I mean, fuck, that was chem-less, plot point TV TORTURE.

This show doesn't give a flying crappity crap about Lante.

I want Helena GONE. ENOUGH of this woman, my goodness.

Griffin is terrible.

I need a year break from Anna. She's so nauseating. And her constant need of bringing up Emma like the kid gives a shit. She has her MOTHER, Anna. She's not having breakdowns over Duke.

Edited by HeatLifer

previews: Olivia is still on this show? What?

I missed them, was she with Ned at least?

I need a year break from Anna. She's so nauseating. And her constant need of bringing up Emma like the kid gives a shit. She has her MOTHER, Anna. She's not having breakdowns over Duke.

I have no problem believing Emma was sad about Duke, though we saw next-to-nothing of it on-screen.

But all her talk about parents and children and causing them pain...someone needs to remind Anna that TJ would probably have been upset if his mother had been murdered, like Duke ordered.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 12

But he taught her how to DANCE! 

That reminds me, I would rather watch Michelle Stafford play drunk than ever see a second of Patrick/Sam chatting in bed about Jason/Jake. I mean, fuck, that was chem-less, plot point TV TORTURE.

Man, I already knew it, but your hate for them was strong. :stands back and admires:

I missed them, was she with Ned at least?

Yes.

• Love 1

Well, it was a dream, so that explains that

It was?  Are you sure?  They were kissing, he had the memory of them kissing,  she assumed it was of the night he died, then started crying and saying she couldn't lose him again then they kissed. 

It wasn't until after that, she "woke up" saw him dead, bleeding from his back and had the chat with Helena, then woke up yelling and he came running back in the room.  I thought only the dead/Helena part was her dream.  

I have no problem believing Emma was sad about Duke, though we saw next-to-nothing of it on-screen.

But all her talk about parents and children and causing them pain...someone needs to remind her that TJ would probably have been upset if his mother had been murdered, like Duke ordered.

I'm sure Off-Screen!Emma! was sad. But Anna's obsession with Duke and her claiming everyone is crying over Duke when she didn't give a flying fuck about Robin and practically tried to sell Robin's home to any single woman in the area........I'm over it.

• Love 1

Never underestimate the love of a young girl for her favorite kitty cat.

• Love 12

It was?  Are you sure?  They were kissing, he had the memory of them kissing,  she assumed it was of the night he died, then started crying and saying she couldn't lose him again then they kissed. 

Oooh. Maybe. I guess that could be it.

Griffin is terrible.

that reminds me, they have to change him if they're gonna pair him up with Maxie. There is no way she would be with this weirdo who talks claptrap about losing their souls and shit. 

Why is the sex of Sabrina's baby such a mystery?

With all the appearances of Ghost Helena, I hope that it isn't leading up to undead Helena showing up at the Nurse's Ball.

If she does, I hope someone throws a roll of bread at her and it causes her to fall over and break her ankles because Helena is old, people!

• Love 4

STFU ANNA FUCKING SHIT. She needs to be sedated.

Why can't Griffin vow vengeance against Carlos like a normal person instead of all of this boring forgiveness shit. Shut up.

Why can't Sam and Jason be happy together for two months before Sam starts having unnecessary nightmares involving stupid Helena. I'm tired of seeing Helena and I'm tired of people talking about her. 

• Love 7

that reminds me, they have to change him if they're gonna pair him up with Maxie. There is no way she would be with this weirdo who talks claptrap about losing their souls and shit.

If they put him with Maxie? FF.

Man, I already knew it, but your hate for them was strong. :stands back and admires:

They're the product of a AU fanfic writer who probs also thought Eric and Topanga should have dated on BMW.

• Love 1

Why can't Sam and Jason be happy together for two months before Sam starts having unnecessary nightmares involving stupid Helena. I'm tired of seeing Helena and I'm tired of people talking about her. 

that reminds me, this is the one bit of dialogue I liked:

Laura: She's an Elvis fan?

Kevin: Isn't everybody?

If they put him with Maxie? FF.

Can you imagine?

Griffin: WE MUST FORGIVE! OTHERWISE HE WILL HAVE TAKEN OUR SOULS LIKE HE TOOK DUKE

Maxie: What? Cartullo?

I did like the look on Anna's face when Griffin left and she said, "he doesn't speak for me".

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

Sorry show, not even Anna will get me behind this push to think of Duke & Sonny as underdog victims of Carlos. She can wail and screech about poor fatherless Griffin & those pesky sekret blood capsules  on Carlos's bullet proof vest, It's all falling on deaf ears.

• Love 10

that reminds me, this is the one bit of dialogue I liked:

Laura: She's an Elvis fan?

Kevin: Isn't everybody?

Can you imagine?

Griffin: WE MUST FORGIVE! OTHERWISE HE WILL HAVE TAKEN OUR SOULS LIKE HE TOOK DUKE

Maxie: What? Cartullo?

I did like the look on Anna's face when Griffin left and she said, "he doesn't speak for me".

Am I'm going to be sorry if I google "Cartullo?"

Edited by Francie

They're the product of a AU fanfic writer who probs also thought Eric and Topanga should have dated on BMW.

No! It should've been Shawn and Topanga!

At this point Anna could die and I wouldn't give one shit, but yea her face and that line were hilarious.

What the ever loving fuck is going on with Griffin? Everything is just BAD there: the acting, writing, directing. It's so bizarre.

The only good scenes were Kevin and Laura. I'm still not sure how exactly I feel about them going romantic though. And it seems pretty obvious that's where it's heading. I just find it so odd they didn't have Kevin on for like a year and now all of the sudden they've brought him back to be Laura's love interest. I don't get it.

Edited by peachmangosteen

I didn't watch the whole show yesterday, just bits and pieces...but is Alexis actually acting as the legal rep for Carlos? How is that even allowed?

Conflict of interest, right? Or am I just nuts. This show is stupid.

• Love 2

I just find it so odd they didn't have Kevin on for like a year and now all of the sudden they've brought him back to be Laura's love interest. I don't get it.

He's recurring, people know who he is, don't have to waste time forming a character or finding a new guy to cast, easy peasy triangle set up with Lucy if you want to go there . . . [/Valentini]

• Love 4
Why can't Griffin vow vengeance against Carlos like a normal person instead of all of this boring forgiveness shit. Shut up.

That was stupid but hilarious. "I WILL find a way to forgive you!" Ha. As if Carlos gives a shit.

• Love 9

I'm sure the writers think Griffin - someone who has repeatedly spoken against violence and vengeance and for peace and forgiveness - is a great counterpoint to the show's mob stories.  But the writing and the performance...it's just coming off bizarre, even though he's right.

• Love 9

The PCPD would solve 99.99 percent of its cases if someone just paid attention to what anyone in the jail cells were saying. Heh.

Anna is a bore when she's sobbing about Duke, and Anna F! Devane should NEVER be boring. 

I'm no theologian, but since when is forgiveness about the other person? Isn't about the person who hurts letting go of toxic feelings?

Wow, vintage flashback with Laura and Helena! And Helena in a present-day nightmare! Constance Towers continues to look a-mah-zing.

Why doesn't Dante have his own copy of the workbook/therapy exercises? So dumb. I hate that Lulu is doing the heavy lifting here. Oh, wait, it's GH. The women always do the heavy lifting.

Previews: I really want Ned to cut Olivia dead, but he's probably too polite for that. At the very least he needs to speak sternly to her about her lies destroying the Qs hold on ELQ.

• Love 6

I didn't watch the whole show yesterday, just bits and pieces...but is Alexis actually acting as the legal rep for Carlos? How is that even allowed?

Conflict of interest, right? Or am I just nuts. This show is stupid.

Julian actually asked Alexis to represent Carlos for him, and like the busty dum-dum she occasionally is she agreed to it in order to keep Julian out of prison (via Carlos rejecting the deal Paul offered him to flip on Julian).  Your eyeroll here.

Also, when Sam was going on and on about how she'd wake and be sad because he wasn't beside her, I couldnt' help but think that she really wasn't alone all that time. How many times did she wake up beside Silas or Patrick, during that time?

I think Sam was actually single for about a year after Jasus died - that was primarily because RC was determined to wait for ME to come back but that was a pretty decent mourning period for a soap

• Love 6

I liked Jason and Sam scenes today. They had a nice moment and I am going to enjoy these cute moments before the storm. 

Anyways, I am expecting Helena to reappear again since everyone keeps saying her name or doing what she wants while pretending to be doing this for themselves. 

• Love 5

It wasn't until after that, she "woke up" saw him dead, bleeding from his back and had the chat with Helena, then woke up yelling and he came running back in the room.  I thought only the dead/Helena part was her dream.  

Yeah, everything was real except the part where she woke up to the gunshot and Helena taunted her.  All of it wasn't a big dream.  When she wakes up, Jason's side of the bed is unmade.  He got up to check on Danny. 

I loved KeMo today.  She slayed the emotional stuff.

• Love 7

Why is the sex of Sabrina's baby such a mystery?

I eyerolled my eyes right out of their sockets today with the "my child" and "my baby" talk. Just freaking say it already. So stupid.

Today's show was all sex and talking about death. Which normally I would be down for, but today was just boring. Painfully boring. I'm just bored by almost everything. Sometimes I kind of like to zone out while watching, to just relax, but these stories are going nowhere.

Sad that Lante was boring before they broke up, and now that they're back together, they're boring again. Recurring theme here. And Lulu, that dress? No. Maxie should have told you that. Why would Dante be turned on by that flowered monstrosity?

• Love 3

The dialogue in the Jason/Sam scenes was so bad.  I rolled my eyes at "that was the last night we were together" comment--did they only ever kiss on their bed once?  I realize Jason was all about Sonny back then but didn't realize it was that far-reaching.

My Anna Sadness continues.  The constant crying over what a GOOD MAN Duke was ("he was a mobster--just not THAT kind of mobster" reminds me of when Goldie Hawn joined the "other" army in "Private Benjamin," the one with the condos by the ocean) is like nails on a chalkboard. 

Did anyone else LOL when Felix referred to Sabrina as his "former roommate" and not as his BFF?

He referred to her as both. 

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 2
specially since Neenah acts the same way when she's sober.  She's more manic than Morgan.

Thank you! Nina was in the first scene I saw when I started watching regularly again after being away for years. I had no idea who she was. Since it was a Crimson scene, I thought she was a new Kate/Connie. It took me a while to realize the character was not supposed to be drunk all the time.  

Michelle Stafford truly is one of the worst I've ever seen. At least as Nina, she defines grating. If GH were playing Nina purely for camp, I'd accept her better...maybe. But Stafford and the writers seem to want us to feel an emotional connection to Nina, take her seriously and even find her poignant and root-worthy, and that isn't going to happen with me. Her overdrawn reactions and grotesquely affected line readings make that impossible. 

While I'm trashing people, Shari Belafonte's Mayor Lomax is a classic example of an actor not getting something: just because the character is supposed to be abrasive, the performance should not be. Laura Innes on ER (Dr. Kerry Weaver) is an example of someone I think got it right. Kerry, especially in the early seasons, was abrasive, but Laura Innes always played layers.  

Belafonte is not as bad as Stafford, but I cannot stand any Mayor Lomax scene, and what bothers me is that I think Belafonte could do better.  

I'm hating the JaSam love-fest, but I liked Sam and Kristina yesterday. The park as the new thing is worrisome, though. It does have a "late Guiding Light" feel.  

• Love 6

So Sam and Jason are making out on what used to be their bed.  Jason has some random memory (with absolutely no specific details) of them kissing on the bed.  Sam IMMEDIATELY knows that it was the last night they were together before he went out and got himself shot.  Wait what?  How in the blue hell did she come to that conclusion based on Jason remembering them kissing in bed??  God, this show

• Love 4

It would've made more sense to use literally any other moment from that scene - Danny being there or putting their rings back on were things that were specific to that night. Them kissing on a bed they slept together in for yeeeeears? Not so much.

Why not start the sentence with 'I wonder if it was from our last night' and then do the rest of the scene?

I actually thought the rest of it was good. The discussion of the past and her fears going forward? Those are the kinds of responses that make sense in that situation.

Well, it was good until Jakeson tried to jolly her out of the sadz - dude, no.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 7

I'm hating the JaSam love-fest, but I liked Sam and Kristina yesterday. The park as the new thing is worrisome, though. It does have a "late Guiding Light" feel.  

It has always stuck in my head that they filmed those end-of-days outdoor scenes in Peapack, NJ. To this day cheesy outdoor filming, like this new GH, stuff makes me think, "Ugh. That's SO peapack!"

• Love 2
Former roommate?  Did I miss fuckin' Felix moving in with his off-screen boyfriend? #eyeroll

"Former" because Sabrina isn't in the apartment anymore. Felix is still there, as it was his to begin with.

Well, it was good until Jakeson tried to jolly her out of the sadz - dude, no.

That's how we know he'll never become Stone Cold. Heh.

So looking forward to the end of JE's Q tip turban head today. Although that knit cap she is wearing looks more JE(probably something she knitted) than Tracy Q.

I love how majestic and regal JE looks in that. She rocks that turban!

When did Lante get a fireplace? ANd why was it burning when she was wearing a sun dress??? Inquiring minds want to know.

I know! The crackling was a little distracting. There've been some really nice days lately, so Lulu wearing a sundress isn't that odd. And the community-garden scenes have all been coatless. At least they're consistent, even if it isn't always entirely in sync with what's happening in NYS. (Which, in fairness, it will never be, given lead times.)

• Love 1

When did Lante get a fireplace? ANd why was it burning when she was wearing a sun dress??? Inquiring minds want to know.

They've always (weirdly) had a fireplace.

https://youtu.be/kvG882NEpYM

And believe it or not I only watched that scene the first time it aired. Too corny for me.

Edited by ulkis
I rolled my eyes at "that was the last night we were together" comment--did they only ever kiss on their bed once?

I know!  That made no sense at all.  The only thing I could come up with was that KeMo accidentally stepped on a line.  And since Billy had taken a pause big enough to drive a truck through, I might have jumped in there too.  Or maybe they did write it that way and nobody cared it made no sense. (Stooopid)

I still like Laura and Kevin.

Dear Anna,  You must be very tired from repeating "Duke was a wonderful/amazing/loving man" one hundred times a day.  Please lie down in your cell and take a nice, long nap.  Thanks!

And those are my big takeaway from Wednesday's episode.  So yeah.

• Love 6