Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

His "and just when you say amen, I'm gonna put a bullet in your head" sounded like the beginning of a musical number.

I laughed at his little "oh darn" face when Sonny said, "what about Sabriiina?"

Also, what's Carlos talking about. No where in that prayer did Sonny say "I'm so sorry".

Laura Wright's contract minimum? She's really getting nothing nowadays.

ER and DZ must have felt like high schoolers out in the local park recording a project for sex ed class or something.

Come on Valerie, that wasn't even a hug. She should know from experience that you only have to worry when encounters become fully-armed.

RME - YES.  Those park scenes with the "workbook" were terribly sophomoric.   No substance at all.  And I thought we wanted to see counselling sessions!!  Well, maybe REAL counselling sessions, but not this mindless drivel!!   Way to NOT re-establish a couple. 

And, yes, Valerie did overact a bit - maybe she is too wary after all of Jordan's dire warnings about Curtis???  I dunno ...

• Love 2

I'm pretty sure Nik was counting on being able to wrangle the shares back from Rebecca Budig. Because he's just so crafty, you know.

I'm pretty sure Nik believes his penis will do the heavy lifting.

• Love 9

I don't really have much to comment on. You all have covered it far more eloquently and snarkier than I could come up with.

I didn't hate the episode, but I didn't love it either. I wasn't yawning, but I don't remember much about it. It's like the perfect duality where even if something was okay, it also pretty much sucked. Like the scenes with Dante and Lulu should have been something some of us were wanting to see, and it was somewhat refreshing in a way, but at the same time it was just horrible. The dialogue is so damn sophomoric. And those outdoor scenes just make me feel like they're closing up shop any day now.

STFU Nik. And I'm annoyed with the way he looks right now, I'd rather they just magically heal his cuts overnight. He looks hideous.

Not anymore hideous than Franco's hair, though.

• Love 3

So Jason scoffs at Nikolas calling the money Jason wanted to pay him with 'blood money'.

Well Jason, that is EXACTLY where your money comes from. It's what you used to buy your home and pay your bills and buy your food.  From the money you 'earned' while killing for Sonny and robbing for Sonny and threatening for Sonny and destroying lives for Sonny.

That remark should have HIT Jason hard. He's suppose to be uncomfortable with the life Jason Morgan led, and the things Jason Morgan did.  Someone, even if it's Nikolas, throwing that in his face, should have produced some kind of discomfort.

But I guess Jason is now okay with using Jason Morgan's money for his own gains? Despite knowing where it all came from. Despite huffing and puffing at what Nikolas did to him.  You think it might lead to Jason and Sam having, for once, an honest conversation about who Jason was and what he did and how much of a raging hypocrite Jason is right now.

Because Jason knows Sonny murdered AJ.  Jason knows Carly helped Sonny cover it up and that the truth coming out ripped Michael apart.  Jason's reaction?

"I'm sorry for you."  Said to Carly.  Granted, he didn't know who he was at the time, but he does now. He knows AJ was Monica's son and that his new best friend Carly helped cover that murder up. Doesn't care.  That Sonny murdered AJ and that Carly asked him to talk Sonny out of murdering someone else.

Doesn't connect the dots.

This is why I can never root for Jason/Sam. They are raging hypocrites, just like Sonny and Carly.

And fuck this nonsense of Jason and Sam rescuing ELQ from Nikolas.  Give HIM the goddamn worms and let TRACY save her family's company, a company she has worked at and cared about most of her adult life, and not 30 seconds like the other two.  THAT is payoff, not this jerkoff who never gave a damn about ELQ, taking back the company.

These writers are so damn thick, they do NOT grasp the most basic beats in a story.

• Love 10

If Lynn Herring returns to GH, what will Show do with "the poor man's Lynn Herring," aka Nina? Can you imagine a Crimson issue scene with Lucy and Nina in high energy, squealing and sporting the latest Vogue fashions awkwardly on their bony frames? The redundant level of brainless petulance, long curls out of control, jazz hands, and need for control and attention would send me over the edge.

• Love 6

Actually, when Jason found out about AJ he was Jake Doe and had no idea he was Jason and the name AJ Quartermaine was never spoken again. So, really Jason hasn't reacted. It was just Jake Doe, broke ass amnesiac, trying to get a job that paid cash from Carly. Then Jake Doe joined Michael's ELQ crusade because he had no friends and he literally felt sorry for him and he didn't like Sonny. By the time Jason knew who he was there was Jake stalking himself, Liz and Sam something, Carly, and a motorcycle. And Nik. All this avenging Duke's death should be Michael and Jason avenging AJ's murder and torturing Sonny. Today when Franco was talking to Carly, I agreed with him. Sonny is a stupid mobster, and she needs to quit running to him.

• Love 6

So Jason scoffs at Nikolas calling the money Jason wanted to pay him with 'blood money'.

No one should take any of Nik;s criticisms seriously. He's a joke. And all of his money is Cassadine money, which has to be even dirtier than mob money. 

• Love 16

This is why I can never root for Jason/Sam. They are raging hypocrites, just like Sonny and Carly.

Every adult on this show is a raging hypocrite. Sonny, Carly, Jason and Sam are not the only ones.

• Love 9

At this point I will believe Carlos is dead when they decapitate him, salt the earth and nine months passes.

Not with this show:

Carrrrrrrlos Clooooooones. You REALLY think ALL that Crichton Clark research went kablooey?

• Love 4

Well Jason, that is EXACTLY where your money comes from. It's what you used to buy your home and pay your bills and buy your food.  From the money you 'earned' while killing for Sonny and robbing for Sonny and threatening for Sonny and destroying lives for Sonny.

That remark should have HIT Jason hard. He's suppose to be uncomfortable with the life Jason Morgan led, and the things Jason Morgan did.  Someone, even if it's Nikolas, throwing that in his face, should have produced some kind of discomfort.

But I guess Jason is now okay with using Jason Morgan's money for his own gains? Despite knowing where it all came from. Despite huffing and puffing at what Nikolas did to him.  You think it might lead to Jason and Sam having, for once, an honest conversation about who Jason was and what he did and how much of a raging hypocrite Jason is right now.

Of course he's OK.  He's also apparently OK with the idea of murder, as he noted he could kill Nikolas.  He might as well just work for Sonny if all  he's going to do is follow Sam around and beat up people who are mean to her.  

Speaking of Sonny, hey, that was a big shock that he got the upper hand on Carlos, huh?  I really thought he was a goner.*

*Said no one ever.

• Love 8

No one should take any of Nik;s criticisms seriously. He's a joke. And all of his money is Cassadine money, which has to be even dirtier than mob money. 

Well, I certainly wouldn't be surprised if the show went there. They tried it with Jax when he became the big bad against poor S&C. Michael went on this ridiculous rant about blood diamonds and such, while touting how honorable Sonny was.  So it wouldn't surprise me at all that Stefan's success in taking control of Cassadine Inc. and making it the multi-billion dollar empire it became under him will somehow be reduced to little more than a front for the Russian mob and therefore, BAD.

I mean, Jason and Sam need SOMETHING to keep them occupied.  I'm just hoping they feel Nikolas has been destroyed enough and will spin him out of the cycle.

Let someone else take a turn playing strawman.

• Love 3

Now I want to see CD rant about blood diamonds. I'm sure all of Sonny's gifts to his ladies are blood diamonds and the dresses are made in sweatshops. That's probably the real reason Carlos hates Sonny. He worked in the sweatshops as a child, as did Sabrina. How else did she pay for college? VHJuan's pop career? No. It was sweatshops run by Corinthos Inc.

• Love 3

If Lynn Herring returns to GH, what will Show do with "the poor man's Lynn Herring," aka Nina? Can you imagine a Crimson issue scene with Lucy and Nina in high energy, squealing and sporting the latest Vogue fashions awkwardly on their bony frames? The redundant level of brainless petulance, long curls out of control, jazz hands, and need for control and attention would send me over the edge.

At least Lucy wouldn't be obsessing about babies lol.

• Love 2

I don't think anyone is supposed to be rooting for Nik. You're supposed to be rooting for JaSam.

Well then I guess I failed the test because I'm rooting for Nikolas.  I can't take Jakeson seriously, especially when he's trying to be all threatening and imposing when he smirks during moments he's suppose to be menacing. Lol.  I was also thrilled that Hayden got the smug slapped off her face when Nikolas told her that she lost ELQ.

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 4

I saw this comment:

Varni said on facebook to a Laura/Tracy fan who wanted to know what happened to their arc that writers change things daily

No! That's not true! That's impossible!

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 10
I mean, Jason and Sam need SOMETHING to keep them occupied.

They've been occupying the 'boring' section of my mind for the past year.

What happened to the stuffed animal that Griffin left by Anna's door?

• Love 6
I don't think anyone is supposed to be rooting for Nik. You're supposed to be rooting for JaSam.

Well then I guess I failed the test because I'm rooting for Nikolas.

I'm not necessarily rooting for Jason/Sam, but I am actively, aggressively rooting against Nikolas.   HAAAAAAAATE.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7
I'm not necessarily rooting for Jason/Sam, but I am actively, aggressively rooting against Nikolas.   HAAAAAAAATE.

This is me. I'm not rooting for Rebecca Budig, either. Yes, Nik tried to kill her, but she's still sleeping with the dude. Willingly. Even with a dagger by her side, that's SO DUMB. If she's going to be that dumb, she doesn't get my support.

writers change things daily

You'd never know!

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 5

Well then I guess I failed the test because I'm rooting for Nikolas. I can't take Jakeson seriously, especially when he's trying to be all threatening and imposing when he smirks during moments he's suppose to be menacing. Lol. I was also thrilled that Hayden got the smug slapped off her face when Nikolas told her that she lost ELQ.

I'm sure there are lots rooting for Nik, for sure. But as far as the writers' intention, Nik is bad and JaSam are good.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1

It's been so long I've forgotten why Carlos wanted to kill Sonny in the first place.

But, hey, Anna and Sonny? Sonny just shot Carlos in cold blood and wanted to kill him dead for disrespecting him. So, what makes you two think that Carlos will roll over on Julian as soon as you get him to a police station? What incentive does he have?

• Love 2

This episode was chockfull of examples of why Anna partnering up with Sonny to find Carrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlos made no fucking sense, especially when they dropped in the mention of Robert.  And are we supposed to be all "Yay Sonny!" that he immediately starts planning to circumvent her?

Julian being back in the mob is so lazy and boring and the pacing of it is the pits.

And there's the Kiki/Dillon meet-cute.  Uggghhh.

• Love 9

Lauren, scars are cool. Own them!

Sonny couldn't care less about "justice for Duke." He wants to get rid of Carlos because Carlos is a threat. And Anna, WTF did you expect? You're dealing with Sonny "No Self-Control" Corinthos. Of course he wants to shoot Carlos. Gah.

• Love 6
And are we supposed to be all "Yay Sonny!" that he immediately starts planning to circumvent her?

Sonny just loves murdering people who he dislikes. I don't want to hear him say that it feels good to pull the trigger ever again. Sonny really is a murderous thug.

I do. I mean, I don't love it, but it would be bullshit if he was all "it tortures me to take a life." That would piss me off if they tried to peddle that. And they have tried to peddle it.

And I actually don't think we're supposed to say "yay Sonny!" More like, "typical Sonny". Or maybe more, "oh Sonny, that murderous scamp."

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 7

And I actually don't think we're supposed to say "yay Sonny!" More like, "typical Sonny". Or maybe more, "oh Sonny, that murderous scamp."

But I think the show, for weeks, has been all, "Oh, look at Sonny and Anna teaming up, they respect each other so much, aren't they great friends!", but today made it crystal clear he actually doesn't respect her and/or her wishes.  It's just...so gross.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

I love how much JVP loves his role and is just 100% there in every scene. I appreciate that.

Yep. And JVP/FH still have inappropriate chemistry.

Paul is a tattle tale, but Anna deserves it. Had the situation been reversed, and he assaulted her....well, anyway. One good turn deserves another, and Anna has said she doesn't care what happens to her. So I don't care if he told on  her.

Dillon and Kiki. Too soon to tell, but I've been thinking all along they'd be good together. And Morgan will need a new Box of Pain when he gets out and Kaka has moved on.

Oh, Ava. Always the victim.

I was rooting for dayplayer cop guy to arrest Anna and Sonny. Basically, Anna's gonna be Teflon just like Sonny, isn't she?

Lovely character direction, show.

• Love 3
Oh, Ava. Always the victim.

Ugh, seriously. She wants all of the power with none of the mess. I'm so tired of this. At least Sonny understands he has to get his hands dirty.

LOL that Morgan is frustrated that being in a psychiatric facility means working on his mental health. What did he expect, salt scrubs and juice fasts? Also, can he please stop whining? 

I really wish Jordan understood what patient confidentiality means, and to stop ragging on Andre for being a professional. Though given how unprofessional everyone in PC is, I guess I can't blame her for being irritated.

• Love 6

I really wish Jordan understood what patient confidentiality means, and to stop ragging on Andre for being a professional. Though given how unprofessional everyone in PC is, I guess I can't blame her for being irritated.

I was actually wondering, should she be running around telling people about an open investigation?

• Love 1

I wasn't mad at Sonny for his same ol same old shtick, but I was mad at Anna crying and begging him not to kill Carlos. Eff that. Kick him in the face and take control of the situation. Also I did feel vaguely embarrassed for MB doing the same old "blah blah you're gonna pay" crap.

I like the Ecuadorian guard. He didn't want to put up with any of their nonsense.

The name Duke needs to not be mentioned again for a solid 6 months.

Morgan's hair looks like he just took off a hairnet. He does have pretty eyes though. The look on Michael's face was hilarious when Morgan said "Kiki needs me." He's just sick of Morgan's shit. I wish they'd let him act out and be bitter or something because of Sabrina's leaving him. Him being baby-sitter is annoying. He doesn't have to smash glass, but some disgruntlement wouldn't go amiss here.

Ava's lipstick was not good.

Paul: go find a girl, you sexless bastard. 

He didn't say the last part, but I could hear it in his voice!

Alexis: As progressive as I think I am, I was caught off guard, and didn't react the way I wanted to.

Meta on purpose?

I would like to know what KeMo is doing to her hair lately, because even in just the previews it was pretty.

• Love 4
I wasn't mad at Sonny for his same ol same old shtick, but I was mad at Anna crying and begging him not to kill Carlos. Eff that. Kick him in the face and take control of the situation. Also I did feel vaguely embarrassed for MB doing the same old "blah blah you're gonna pay" crap.

This is why Anna and Sonny should never team up; he always has to have the upper hand, and that means Anna can't be the badass she should be.

When Mo went into that "you're gonna pay" stuff, I wondered if he rolled his eyes when he read the script. Even he has to be tired of that by now.

• Love 3

But I think the show, for weeks, has been all, "Oh, look at Sonny and Anna teaming up, they respect each other so much, aren't they great friends!", but today made it crystal clear he actually doesn't respect her and/or her wishes. It's just...so gross.

I'm kind of glad? I mean, it is gross but it's also Sonny - he doesn't respect women, not even women that he "loves". I think the closest he ever came to real respect was pre-RC Kate Howard. This return to form feels like someone who has at least a passing familiarity with the character was involved in the writing today.

I'm also hoping this will be the end of Sonny and Anna working together

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2

Opinons may vary but I think FH may have her Emmy reel for 2016.

I don't pay attention to anyone else when Bryan Craig is teaching a master acting class.

• Love 15

Shut up, Anna. You knew exactly what you were doing when you teamed up with Sonny. The only reason why you've decided to let the justice system handle Carlos is because you don't want to deal with more guilt if Carlos is murdered on your watch. 

Why can't Ava ever stop whining and acting like she was forced into this life. 

• Love 6

but I was mad at Anna crying and begging him not to kill Carlos.

I really, really, really want to beleive that Anna was crying on purpose.  Just like she did it to distract the customs agent yesterday, she's smart enough to know that she can't force Sonny but if she plays the 'wimmins is victims, crying all the time' card she'd appeal to his macho stupidity and he'd be all 'ok, for the wimmins sake'.  I wanted a scene later with her on the phone with Robert, all "bitch please, like I would ever really cry in front of that little moobster" and Robert laughing his sexy laugh at the idea.  Yeah, the show in my head is really quite enjoyable. 

I love when Morgan whines.  Said no one. Ever.

Gotta say, Kiki/Dillon is kinda cute.  

When Mo went into that "you're gonna pay" stuff, I wondered if he rolled his eyes when he read the script. Even he has to be tired of that by now.

Are you kidding.  He probably gets off on it.  Literally.  That stupid whispered "you disrespected me".  Marlon Brando and James Gandolfini are both rolling in their graves. 

• Love 6

When Julian confessed to Alexis that he was the one sabotaging Crimson and he had to give Nina control of the magazine in exchange for her not going to the police...isn't that what he wanted in the first place? He wanted Crimson to fail so he could be rid of it and have the tax write-off. So why didn't he just sell it to Nina or Maxie in the first place?

• Love 1

But I think the show, for weeks, has been all, "Oh, look at Sonny and Anna teaming up, they respect each other so much, aren't they great friends!", but today made it crystal clear he actually doesn't respect her and/or her wishes.  It's just...so gross.

SO GROSS. I fast forwarded all of it because I refuse to watch that bullshit.

Paul is a tattle tale, but Anna deserves it. 

I agree. I'm so fucking over Anna.

Jordan is 100% insufferable. And stupid. She can go.

I enjoyed Kiki/Dillon. Whatever.

• Love 4

I'm soooo bored with Anna's protestations of her enormous LURVE and devotion to Duke. Duke  also was ready to kill, if memory serves.

I can't respect Duke. So Anna's angst leaves me cold and unconvinced.

• Love 10