Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

The awesome:

Julian and Ava.  God, I love these two together so much.  They make GREAT frienenemy/siblings.  I could watch them bicker all day.

Same here, Rancide. It was a really stupid decision to take these two out of each other's orbit, they are both fantastic together. Their dynamic is awesome.

The WTF:

Silas and Nina.  Who plays strip poker with a woman who is in love with him but who he doesn't want a relationship with?  Mixed signals much?  Also, I like ME just fine, but I really don't need him removing his clothes, please and thanks.

He's really no great catch whatsoever. I mean, so he's an oncologist, and I guess a pretty good one. But he's a cheater, a liar and shows as much enthusiasm for any woman as a root canal so I'm not sure exactly what the big draw is. And he's definitely not one of the guys I want to see taking his clothes off. Leave that to the ones who are actually good at it: Nathan, Morgan and Julian. See, he doesn't end in an "n", so keep it on Sy.

• Love 2

Were we supposed to root for Sonny when he took that art out of the Jerome's gallery? I didn't because Sonny is so gd entitled. I hope that this come back and bites him in the butt.

• Love 3
Were we supposed to root for Sonny when he took that art out of the Jerome's gallery?

If only Julian had called out after Sonny, "Don't worry, I'll send the bill to your office."

Sonny grabbing the art was such a punk-ass-bitch move. What a baby. I can't believe we were supposed to find that impressive. It was laughable.

• Love 2

Julian dared to snatch what "belonged" to Sonny, Ava, so it was only fair for him to grab some nice art because that would really hit Julian where it hurts and show him what's what, who's the big boss of the land.

Anna wouldn't dare help Julian, Duke would have a fit for the ages and pout for months on end. Oh how I haven't missed that character, at all.

• Love 3

SWSNBN's

Please--who/what is this?

Count me as on person who couldn't give two tootsie rolls if TG left the show.  Actually, I'd be glad, I can't stand the character or the actor.  Intensely.

SO from what I've been ale to glean this week is Alice is still alive, Alexis's house blew up and Julian killed Micky Diamond in retaliation.

Did Rafe have a funeral?

Did Kevin file for divorce?.

Has Levi actually flim-flamed Maxie into actually marrying him I just threw up in my mouth a little as I wrote this}?

I sat down yesterday to actually watch the damn thing and promptly fell asleep.

• Love 2

Julian dared to snatch what "belonged" to Sonny, Ava, so it was only fair for him to grab some nice art because that would really hit Julian where it hurts and show him what's what, who's the big boss of the land.

Yes, Sonny was so UCG, I though he was going to take Julian's lunch money and tell him he has a girly name.

• Love 4
Please--who/what is this?

It's Courtney's well earned nickname.

Yes, Sonny was so UCG, I though he was going to take Julian's lunch money and tell him he has a girly name.

Or have kicked him in the shins and blown a raspberry at him. Sonny is so juvenile why anyone takes him seriously is stupefying in and of itself.

• Love 1

SWSNBN= She who shall not be named

I remember being on TWOP trying to figure that one out. People were afraid of saying Courtney's name out of fear she would return.

From the looks of it, I'm glad the last 15 minutes of Friday's episode was preempted.

• Love 1

Ya'll we are in for some real shit Nina is on the move, Count Chocula is running shit, and Jasus hath returned to save our tortured souls.

AJ Quartermaine help us.

Whomever invented the DVR with remote and the FF button help us.

• Love 1

Ugh, Spencer is such a twerp. Sorry, Ron, but you don't have a little Starr/KA in that kid.

He doesn't even have a Starr/KA in KA.  (At least, not any more).

He's really no great catch whatsoever. I mean, so he's an [doctor], and I guess a pretty good one. But he's a cheater, a liar and shows as much enthusiasm for any woman as a root canal so I'm not sure exactly what the big draw is.

What is it with the doctors of GH?  Because just by changing the word "oncologist" to "doctor", this also describes Patrick Drake to a "T".

• Love 2

I realized during the Spencer and Franco scenes that Ron has finally given up on presenting Spencer as a real kid in any way, shape or form. He could care less what a child that age is actually like: how they actually talk, what sort of things actually would interest them, the actual limitations they have both mentally and emotionally, not to mention physically, when dealing with very adult issues, like love, hurt, anger, or god forbid threats and blackmail and physical assault.

Ron writes the adults as children, or worse, incredibly immature, irrational and often times behaving like bullies on a playground ready to snatch away someone's sand bucket, and the kids might as well be jetting about a retirement community in their hoverrounds, heading to a water aerobics class.

Because just by changing the word "oncologist" to "doctor", this also describes Patrick Drake to a "T"

Preach.

To me every thing Patrick has done ever in his relationships has been for his own sole benefit and no one else's, not even his daughter's at the end of the day.

He's as selfish and egotistical as they come, the only way a woman can keep him happy, if that is even possible for the long term, is if she basically lives to serve him, and god help her if she actually expects understanding and devotion and forgiveness from him, not when there's other females he can go and burn off some of his "frustrations" with.

Just watching him chatting it up with Sam when he could working on his marriage, the marriage that's in danger because of Robin's desire to thaw out Sam's not so dead husband and bring him home, yet again Patrick proves who it's really all about in the end.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 7

Just got caught up on the posts.  I'm trying to figure out how Morgan is a Q.  'Splain please.

eta.....is it because Michael is a Q and Morgan's half-brother?  That just came to me.

Like most I missed the last 15 but please tell me someone is joking about Silas and Nina going to play strip poker.  Surely you jest., right?  That may be my breaking point.  I've already lost way too  many brain cells from watching this clusterfuck (not to mention the copious amounts of alcohol it takes me to get thru it.

The RoHo I love was back Fri.....can he never do another scene with Carly?

Edited by OhioSongbird
  • Love 1
Wasn't there a talking dummy on Passions? That was more real than Count Chocula. This needs to end

When Nik gets the little brat back he needs to give him a one way plane ticket to some overpriced boarding school across the pond. If he never comes back fine by me. I never cared a bit about the kid because of who his parents were, but now on his own, or should I say the way Ron is writing him, Spencer has become a detestable character. Not funny, not amusing, not entertaining, not relevant, and most importantly of all he's not necessary, imo.

Just got caught up on the posts.  I'm trying to figure out how Morgan is a Q.  'Splain please.

I am so tired of him being in Q scenes, it does seem as if he is one now and it's irking the hell out of me, it's not like you can "catch" being a Q just because you've bonded with the maid.

Yes his real family, for the most part, is the shits and doesn't give one about him but that doesn't change the fact he's a Corinthos through and through.

Why can't he go find Bobbie or Lucas or someone else to bother. It's bad enough Michael actually does have ties to them, unfortunately, but adding Morgan on top of things just kills any interest I have for an already dull and boring story line.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 1

Were we supposed to root for Sonny when he took that art out of the Jerome's gallery? I didn't because Sonny is so gd entitled. I hope that this come back and bites him in the butt.

Eh, it was a shitty thing to do, but Sonny has crap taste. It's not like he took the good stuff. 

• Love 3

I also think it's very dumb of Sonny to want to shoot Julian in the knee caps. Um, dummy, do you not believe a man in the same profession as you would not be packing heat? (Consider that a double entendre, Julian fans)

OK Maybe its just me, Someone with half a brain left after watching this poop, but now doesn't Julian now have a gun with Sonny's fingerprints all over it. Can he stick a pencil in it pick it up put it in a plastic bag save it ,and next time someone Sean maybe crosses him,  set it down for the cops to find. Even the keystone cops can use that.

• Love 3

The fact that Sonny was so gleeful about stealing the art was annoying. I guess that he was thinking that he had the upper hand and can do anything that he wants to the Jeromes. I have a feeling that Julian will fight back.

• Love 1

The fact that Sonny was so gleeful about stealing the art was annoying. I guess that he was thinking that he had the upper hand and can do anything that he wants to the Jeromes. I have a feeling that Julian will fight back.

Sonny still breathing annoys me.

• Love 3
Julian's still the guy who's using her son's health as a personal bargaining chip in a war with Sonny.

But he's really not.  If Danny gets sick again, he wouldn't hesitate to donate again.  And the storage procedure Silas was talking about doing was something he said was experimental, if I recall correctly.  So, if Julian did donate for the storage experiment, and Sonny went ahead and killed him, Sam and Danny would be screwed if that doesn't work, because Julian isn't there to donate any more.  And it's not like Julian is saying he won't donate unless Sonny gives him a billion dollars or gives up some of his territory, he's simply reminding Sonny that, if he's dead, he can't help Jason's child in the future.  If Sam should be pissed at anybody, it should be Sonny - his business is why Jason is dead, and he's continually threatening to kill her father.  That the people in Sonny's circle treat people who want to go on living as the worst is just ridiculous.  And I'm counting Sam in there (one of the many reasons I kept voting for her in the Elimination Game thread). 

I'd love Julian to turn him in for theft.  When Anna shows up to question him, he can be all "but he helped his sister escape from my custody!"  So Anna can charge Sonny with theft and kidnapping. 

Did Rafe have a funeral?

If he did, I assume Epiphany sang "Danny Boy" during the service. 

I am so tired of him being in Q scenes, it does seem as if he is one now and it's irking the hell out of me, it's not like you can "catch" being a Q just because you've bonded with the maid.

Yes his real family, for the most part, is the shits and doesn't give one about him but that doesn't change the fact he's a Corinthos through and through.

If AJ was still around, I'd love scenes of Morgan deciding to become more a part of the Q family.  There'd be some poetic justice in Sonny's biological son deciding to bond with the family of the son Sonny stole.  As it is now, though, there is so little of the Q family around that it makes it hard to enjoy it.

• Love 8

But he's really not. If Danny gets sick again, he wouldn't hesitate to donate again. And the storage procedure Silas was talking about doing was something he said was experimental, if I recall correctly. So, if Julian did donate for the storage experiment, and Sonny went ahead and killed him, Sam and Danny would be screwed if that doesn't work, because Julian isn't there to donate any more. And it's not like Julian is saying he won't donate unless Sonny gives him a billion dollars or gives up some of his territory, he's simply reminding Sonny that, if he's dead, he can't help Jason's child in the future. If Sam should be pissed at anybody, it should be Sonny - his business is why Jason is dead, and he's continually threatening to kill her father. That the people in Sonny's circle treat people who want to go on living as the worst is just ridiculous. And I'm counting Sam in there (one of the many reasons I kept voting for her in the Elimination Game thread).

Yeah, the word "experimental" is a big word and Sonny doesn't know what it means. It drives me crazy that no one has popped Sonny in the mouth when he's acting like a two-year-old having a fit because he doesn't get to kill someone. It boggles my mind that there are viewers that like this character at all.

Julian always looks so bored by Sonny, like a parent waiting for the tantrum to be over. "When you calm down and can tell me what you want using your words like a big boy would, you can get out of time out!"

• Love 9
If AJ was still around, I'd love scenes of Morgan deciding to become more a part of the Q family.  There'd be some poetic justice in Sonny's biological son deciding to bond with the family of the son Sonny stole.  As it is now, though, there is so little of the Q family around that it makes it hard to enjoy it.

I think I'm better off replying to this in the History thread.

God knows it'd be nice to see Julian have a fighting chance, but then Sonny couldn't come out the "champ" as usual. It's so...irksome the way they seem to think he must have the upper hand all the damn time, the last word, the last smirk, the last threat, the last one to shoot a love one through a vital organ and then have everyone ask how he's doing.

• Love 1

I think I'm better off replying to this in the History thread.

God knows it'd be nice to see Julian have a fighting chance, but then Sonny couldn't come out the "champ" as usual. It's so...irksome the way they seem to think he must have the upper hand all the damn time, the last word, the last smirk, the last threat, the last one to shoot a love one through a vital organ and then have everyone ask how he's doing.

And me the last one running for the barf bucket.I have never seen Sonny lose ,that's is why I have been to the barge soooo often.

• Love 1
And me the last one running for the barf bucket.I have never seen Sonny lose ,that's is why I have been to the barge soooo often

Wherever I turn now Sonny somehow is involved on this show, if not him directly it'll be his fucking kids, or the women he's screwed, or screwed and married, or screwed and threatened, or screwed and knocked up, or his "business rivals".

He can do whatever the damn well he pleases but there's never any punishment, never any consequence. No, instead he gets to stutter/stammer his way around, throwing things, threatening lives and still ending up with at least two dumb broads fighting over his pathetic ass plus stealing art just because he can...I must be a glutton for punishment as to why I continue to stick around.

Well that and I'm still waiting on my Julian massage, sans clothing please and thanks.

• Love 7

Because, omg, Sonny is so tortured. He, likes, totes had to kill AJ because AJ was talking and words that are more than a couple syllables hurt Sonny's brain. And like, Sonny is brave. He would never ever dream of not banking his bone marrow for Danny. Getting his dad killed, his mom blown up, yes. But those were oopsies. And Sonny like can't stop thinking about Connnie. It took him two whole days to have sex with her hot cousin and a few months to have sex with Ava. And let's not talk about the small spaces. Nor how Sonny loves his kids.

That made me feel dirty to type.

• Love 10

I have recently been reading some articles concerning MB, he does say that he tries to bring some of his bi-polar to Sonny, and having just been diagnosis as Bi-polar I can see that, even the mumbling may be an effect of his meds, and certainly all the broken bar ware and the sexual promiscuity. The problem is that Guza, Wolfe and Ron have not really written Sonny as bi-polar, we get these little bits of him off his "meds"  but the truth is much more complicated. Further the people around Sonny are the biggest pack of enablers I have ever seen.

If Sonny was portrayed as an unrepentant thug with bi-polar, he could actually be very compelling as a character, we would not like him, but we damn sure would notice him and tune in to see what the hell he was going to do next.

But this St. Sonny who has a few odd personality quirks, like threatening men who could snap him in two (Julian) and the like is just unwatchable. And I wonder if it is fear on the part of the network to go there, inability on the part of MB to act there, or as I suspect the fact that Ron just does not think we the audience are bright enough. So instead we get wonderful Sonny and Count Chocula

• Love 5

Re Spencer Vs. Franco, I'm Team Switzerland because I'm neutral and not on either side because I hate them both. Franco could've done the right thing and let the truth come out re Sonny's killing AJ a long time ago, but he let Carly's glittery hoo-ha cloud the microscopic amount of good judgment he's ever had. Then again, since Franco's a SERIAL KILLER, good judgment's a moot point for him. When it comes to Spencer, to quote Detox from Ru Paul's Drag Race, "I've had it, officially!" I am so over Spencer's thinking he's grown, talking grown and getting in grown folks' business just because he-or rather, his daddy's-rich. BTW, Nik, neither Anna nor the PCPD are at your beck and call. They may be public servants, but you're not the only citizen in Port Charles. If you were even half the father to Spencer that you should've been, he wouldn't be the obnoxious little shit he is now.

For all of Courtney and Sonny's flaws, their so many, many flaws, and the actors that played them could still hold up a scene, apparently Nathan needs to hold up his own eyebrow to get a message across.

Not the actors I've seen, re the first point. RP's not the best actor on the show by any means, but I'd much rather watch his arched eyebrows than MB's mumbling twitchfest anytime.

I'm so bored watching the show right now. I didn't even get upset when Obama interrupted to spew his bull.

I'd much rather put up with Obama than Sonny-or Boehner, for that matter.

• Love 3
Not the actors I've seen, re the first point. RP's not the best actor on the show by any means, but I'd much rather watch his arched eyebrows than MB's mumbling twitchfest anytime.

Maurice didn't always play Sonny the way he does now, he also used to look sort of attractive, and he could pull out a pretty decent performance, he just hasn't in ages. But any scene involving Michelle, to me, is already sliding straight downhill and then you add in a poor kid still learning the ropes and it's like watching a train wreck, at least for me.

• Love 4

Kiki, shut the fiddly fuck up. Morgan is not a goddamn honorary Q, not now, not ever, not even when he was married to your trifling ass. If they keep that shit up...my blood pressure won't handle it very well.

Patrick, for god's sake shave already man, you look like a homeless Hipster.

Sam's plan is such a humongous logic fail I can't even...so proving the Nina can walk, or at least can haul her ass up some stairs, somehow proves she outed Patrick's little "fantasy" about killing Rafe during surgery because, and I guess this is where we all have to keep up about what the Nina would supposedly "gain", she figured out that Sam would be a pretty easily misled girlfriend by not taking Silas at his word that he didn't say anything or tell anyone, therefore Sam would end up siding with Patrick and then dump Silas almost immediately afterwards...right.

P;us the outfit they stuck Kelly in posing as "Sabrina" reminded me of her outfits as Livvie's very dull "twin" Tess. Oh that brings back so many bad memories...

Why do you have to pick on Sam right now, Ron? Leave my girl alone, go mess with Liz, I'm sure she's all lonely by now, craving some male attention per usual.

And speaking of Liz...those damn kids, I want to throw my cane at them. i can't stand them, not a single one.

At least Nik was allowed to react pretty realistically to a serial killer asking if they wanted him to help look for Spencer. Honestly I just want Franco to get hit by a bus, a really big bus-and it's on fire.

Then of course we got even more Franco and the Nina scenes because this day just wasn't unwatchable enough.

I always get the feeling Silas cringes inside whenever Kiki's around, not that I blame him. Being reminded you fathered such a heinous creature has to make one feel the deepest depths of despair rather often.

Britt, you really need your mom telling you what to do, otherwise you come up with really, really shitty and useless plans. Not that her plans are all that brilliant but compared to yours she may as well be a member of Mensa. Better enjoy those hugs while they last, sweet cakes, because soon Nik is going to be bench-pressing you off the parapet.

Carly happened and Olivia happened and I just want them both to spontaneously combust.

One plus for the day: no Sonny!

Wow, Robin got a haircut, the jury is still out about it...

• Love 3

Kiki called Morgan an honorary Q?  No.  Just...no.  Morgan's more often a character I like/enjoy than not, but still...no. 

And shut your trifling ass up, Kiki. Considering the disdain you showed for the Q's when you were one of them (and didn't she and Franco just recently share a "Hoo boy, so glad we're not Q's!" joke?), you aren't an honorary Q yourself or in any position to deem others honorary Q's.

• Love 1

Liz and Spencer need to be murdered by one of Fake Luke's goons.

Emma needs to be sent to boarding school.

Cameron and Aidan need to be shipped off to wherever Lucky is.

Joss needs to put a hit out on Franco.

Sam, let Nina have stank Silas and you can shave Patrick's beard and exfoliate his skin and stuff and then accidentally fall into the hot butt together.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 1

I love the open mocking of Sabrina. It's like who the fuck was that? A bad dream? Yes. Yes it was.

And with that security guard, you've blown your super seekkreeet, Ron.

But I love Robin's new do. Victor can hold me hostage anytime. At least I know I'll look fabulous, bitch.

Sam's plan is such a humongous logic fail I can't even...so proving the Nina can walk, or at least can haul her ass up some stairs, somehow proves she outed Patrick's little "fantasy" about killing Rafe during surgery because, and I guess this is where we all have to keep up about what the Nina would supposedly "gain", she figured out that Sam would be a pretty easily misled girlfriend by not taking Silas at his word that he didn't say anything or tell anyone, therefore Sam would end up siding with Patrick and then dump Silas almost immediately afterwards...right.

Isn't that what happened?  Sam seems right on target.