Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I think we should vote:

Dr. Micheal Easton or Dr John McBain?

Dr. Michael Easton.  John McBain at least has some positive associations for me.  I'm not expecting the same from Dr. Michael Easton.

• Love 5

Dr. Michael Easton.  John McBain at least has some positive associations for me.  I'm not expecting the same from Dr. Michael Easton.

I'm expecting scenes such as:

Carly: Oh Dr. Michael Easton, is Sonny ok? Tell me!

Dr Michael Easton: He's a mobster! He gets shot every February! Get out of my OR!

Morgan: Dr. Michael Easton, just shut the hell up! I don't want to live!

Dr. Michael Easton: Okay.

• Love 5

Dr Michael Easton: He's a mobster! He gets shot every February! Get out of my OR!

So Dr. Michael Easton will be one of my favs? Unexpected, but OK, I like it.

• Love 5

So Dr. Michael Easton will be one of my favs? Unexpected, but OK, I like it.

I think he should respond "okay" to everything though.

Carly: Oh Dr Micheal Easton, is Sonny ok? Tell me!

Dr Hamilton Grover Cleveland Pierce Quincy Easton: Okay

Yes, I know Hamilton wasn't a president. Whatever!

• Love 4

I can't wait for his first love triangle.

Lulu: After Dante cheated on me with my cousin Valerie and we made up and then I thought we were back together but then stuff happened and I met you Dr Hamilton Quincy Washington Lincoln Garfield Smith Adams Easton, now I know true love. Tell me that you aren't thinking of your childhood love. Tell me your past. Do you love me? Will you embryo with me?

Dr Michael Easton: Okay

• Love 7

More like: 

Sam/Liz/Carly/Ava/Nina: OMG Dr. Michael Easton, you are such a nuanced sex god!  And your longish hair gives you just the right hint of bad boy!

Dr. Michael Easton: Did you say something?  I was marinating in man pain over here about my dead father/girlfriend/sister/dog.

• Love 9

No spoilers here as it is not cool to do, but if you watch Daredevil Season 2? Let's just say most of those guys - good and bad - would easily get rid of the gummy mob and make Sonny cry for his mommy. GH needs such a character!

(Albeit less violent since, you know, daytime broadcast/broadcast channel!)

• Love 6

I really liked Valerie's romper.

I thought it was a bit too brief for going on an outdoors scavenger hunt date in upstate New York in March.  Yeah, sure, she didn't know that's what she'd be doing, but even for indoors it was under-dressed.  She must have stood too close to Julian, because the awful hair virus seems to be catching.

• Love 2

I want Jason away from any romantic relationships until he has all of his memories and deals with the fallout from his previous life.

If show did that, then we couldn't be bored shitless watching Snore and Bore "reconnect" in between her falling down steps and him clenching his jaw.

I can't help it, I like this version of Jason/Sam. BM is much more likeable and not a non-emoting stare blink robot. I mean, it's not the best writing (but then what is) and his place is like a third world country, but I still like them together.

I would've liked them a lot better together (boring as they are, at least they are not actively offensive, which is a plus for this show) if they hadn't left the mangled remains of Liz's character in their wake as they had their Great Reunion.  I mean seriously, this stuff they are doing would have worked just as well if they hadn't saddled Liz with the Big Lie and dragged out the reveal to the point where nobody gave a shit any more.  There was no reason to do what they did to her character.  No reason at all.

I hate that someone—especially a young woman—who's actually going to college is shown to be so inept at it. Nice message, Show, as always. I get this is a soap, but why can't Kristina's stories be about something outside of school if they're going to bring her back? Ugh.

How about a newly graduated Kristina trying to get herself established in her career?  Noooooo, that would be a story that people watching might identify with, and we can't have that.

Edited by yowsah1
  • Love 7

I'm liking your post for the reference to the one-party consent reference. Seriously, can't the writers do any sort of research? And I'm just talking about the "hey, did anyone google this?" variety of research.

Or, you know, remember what was written not long ago where Ava got custody of Avery after recording Sonny in the courtroom threatening to kill her.

• Love 10

Roger is giving her those same faces he used to give Gina Togoni and whomever played Tina. I don't think Nina/Franco are long for this soap world, or Roger is sick of playing wacky. Becky just brings good acting out in people. If she can get Roger to start giving great performances again, I'll send her a fruit basket. That gorgeous angel.

Soap Superstar Roger Howarth should leave this show and never ever come back ever. Never. 

• Love 8

Who ever had the idea making RH Franco should be fired. Wait! He was. Bringing back Franco as an everyday character was wrong to begin with. Then pairing him up with a baby snatching whacko named Nina made it even worse. Somehow, FV thinks the two of them are a cute and winsome couple. That is hysterical. I can't stand MS and her goofy faces & childlike voice. If she didn't have a rockin' body I probably wouldn't even notice her. LOL!!! I do agree that Franco & RH are better suited in a storyline with Rebecca Herbst but even that is still gross and a little too late.

Also, I got to say the Lisa LoCicero looked amazing yesterday. I can believe she just had a baby. She ain't no spring chicken at the age of 45. Simply amazing! That said, how in the heck do these woman in TV bounce back so easily (or in a few months) with a body like that? Should I cut back on my Girl Scout cookies as I'm watching GH? Is that what I'm doing wrong where I can't look like Lisa, Laura Wright and Michelle Stafford?!

• Love 2

She ain't no spring chicken at the age of 45.

As someone who is turning 45 later this year, it hurt me to read this. I want to be a spring chicken! But yes, these women are incredible looking. I work out and don't come close to looking like them. I know MW runs marathons, so maybe that's my downfall. I hate running.

I haven't watched yesterday yet, because I know it's going to piss me off. I have to work up the courage to do it. What a show we have, ladies and gentlemen.

• Love 3
I would've liked them a lot better together (boring as they are, at least they are not actively offensive, which is a plus for this show) if they hadn't left the mangled remains of Liz's character in their wake as they had their Great Reunion.  I mean seriously, this stuff they are doing would have worked just as well if they hadn't saddled Liz with the Big Lie and dragged out the reveal to the point where nobody gave a shit any more.  There was no reason to do what they did to her character.  No reason at all.

I think the reason is that what they're doing now?  Is boring as hell.  These writers are so inept that they couldn't think of something contained to just these two characters that would be interesting.  So they had to trash another character to make it "exciting" (which it so was not), then they figure everyone would be all "but it's OK that it's boring now, because they've earned boring!"  Because it all comes down the fact that these writers suck ass.  

• Love 3

To be fair, this Liz story was RC's brainchild - But everything they're writing is boring. I'm pretty sure that's why CBS canned them

It's a combination of boring and ridiculous. Instead of letting Jason begin to remember real memories and details, instead of allowing JaSam to talk about their past, they have to get a divorce and start brand new as different people? I don't know, that would piss me off as a JaSam fan. When you have a soap couple that has so many years and so much history, it's a disservice to ignore all the richness of what MADE your couple.

• Love 5

The DOJ wanted Julian for illegal activity but couldn’t get him. The DOJ is attempting to use Julian’s tax problems as a back door attempt to get Julian in a room. Paul, who is working undercover for the DOJ, had Julian when Charlie named Julian as his employer! This same agency gave Paul an immunity deal for Ava JEROME! IJS

Edited by ihaterealitytv38

It's a combination of boring and ridiculous. Instead of letting Jason begin to remember real memories and details, instead of allowing JaSam to talk about their past, they have to get a divorce and start brand new as different people? I don't know, that would piss me off as a JaSam fan. When you have a soap couple that has so many years and so much history, it's a disservice to ignore all the richness of what MADE your couple.

Feels like the writers are using this divorce/starting anew thing as a stall tactic because they don't know hos to move this story forward. I mean, they SHOULD know how to move it forward because it's not complicated, but they seem to be pretty incompetent.

• Love 7

And, if they wanted to do the whole "watch them rediscover their love as two new people" thing, with them not married, they could have let the divorce just go through before they found out the truth.  Then it would make sense not to rush right back into getting married.  But the idea that they need to get a divorce now to get to know each other is just silly.  Just remain married, but build up to the whole moving back in together thing.  And if you reach a point where the two of you realize it's not working with who you both are now, then get the divorce.  It's mind boggling that the writers can't come up with enough emotional drama just in him trying to recover his memories and his feelings for her, along with them dealing with where he goes in life from here.  This is a guy who has lived two entirely different lives, and now he's on a third.  That should provide more than enough drama for them together and him by himself.  You know, if we had writers with an ounce of talent and skill at this sort of thing. 

It seems like it should write itself to have Jason, as he finds out things about his past, be horrified at some of the stuff he's done as Sonny's enforcer and at some of the stuff both he and his mob moll have done to each other over the years.  We never really saw them truly work out and hash out some things that they should have.  It would be good story to see them finally deal with some of their past and decide how to bury it and move on from it.  

Edited by KerleyQ
  • Love 5

Feels like the writers are using this divorce/starting anew thing as a stall tactic because they don't know hos to move this story forward. I mean, they SHOULD know how to move it forward because it's not complicated, but they seem to be pretty incompetent.

It's a complete stall, totally. And if the writers wanted to have Jason and Sam as completely new people in a completely new relationship with no ties to the past, Jason never should have been recast. Billy should have just played a brand new character.

It's mind boggling that the writers can't come up with enough emotional drama just in him trying to recover his memories and his feelings for her, along with them dealing with where he goes in life from here. This is a guy who has lived two entirely different lives, and now he's on a third. That should provide more than enough drama for them together and him by himself. You know, if we had writers with an ounce of talent and skill at this sort of thing.

It seems like it should write itself to have Jason, as he finds out things about his past, be horrified at some of the stuff he's done as Sonny's enforcer and at some of the stuff both he and his mob moll have done to each other over the years. We never really saw them truly work out and hash out some things that they should have. It would be good story to see them finally deal with some of their past and decide how to bury it and move on from it.

There's so much to do and so many places to go with this story. But if the writers are so intent on ignoring the PAST and HISTORY when it comes to Jason and Sam's relationship, there's nothing. What do they have? Why are the writers essentially turning them into a newbie couple? I don't get it. Like I said above, if they wanted a newbie couple, they never should have recast Jason.

• Love 7

Like it or not, Jason as a character has been defined by two things, being a Quartermaine and then being a mobster's right hand man. Even if he didn't want mob life then have him do something else that is entertaining. Seriously, the new writers have a character like Jason back and there are soo many different paths they can take this character but choose not to do. Instead, they have him drop the Q storyline, the mob storyline, and they had him stuck in a stupid triangle. Now, that the triangle seems to be over then what is his next step? To do nothing because he is a rich man? 

As for Sam, she can say she is falling for JakeSon all she wants but the fact of the mater is, she wouldn't be falling this fast if she wasn't being influenced by her previous feelings for Jason. So, that right there nullifies this whole let's restart again. 

Anyways, the new writers suck when it comes to writing drama, romance, and action. They pretty much suck at writing anything with a lot of depth. So, I am going to enjoy the little of Jasam/Sam scenes I get from them. 

• Love 11

I think Jason/Sam hashed out most of their shit years ago but rehashing it without context, history or feelings might've been interesting - with half decent writers.

Unfortunately, we've got FV, JP/SA, Sickles & co

• Love 3

The story for Jason and Sam was right there for them but I don't think the writers knew what to do once they had people find out who he was (Nik, Liz, Laura, etc) . So they dragged it out for months. For me though I am going to enjoy the brief scenes and try to watch everything else.

• Love 3

There's a wonderful damn story to be written right there! Jason starts having memories of things he did to Sam, his mother and father, his grandfather, and then his brother that are out right terrible and heinous. He remembers the circumstances behind Michael going to prison and getting raped, the true events behind Michael's conception. Then Jason has to confront his Quartermaine and Morgan memories, while reconciling them with the ramifications of the choices he's made over the years. Sam decides she wants to stay with him, so they can learn more about each other now. Michael is floored by Jason's apologies for the decisions he made that affected him and AJ, which makes him look at Sonny/Carly differently as they are still badmouthing AJ. After the situation with Sabrina, Michael starts to spend more time with the Q's. Jason also takes an interest in Morgan, as he begins remembering AJ and sees a troubled young man who needs a positive influence. Monica is both shocked and floored to have one of her sons back.

Omg. An actual Quartermaine story that doesn't shove Sonny in the closet for the Sonny fans, doesn't ignore history, has some romance, and is a sort of umbrella story. Jason could complete his medical training and work in forensics with the PCPD.

• Love 8

This Crimson shit is crazy. I wonder what drugs the writers were on when they came up with it.

No kidding! In New York State alone, the month of March is full of snowy days. If the magazine pages are being dropped onto snow, slush, or rain, they won't last and can't be read anyway. They couldn't be readily assembled, because their fragility would prevent that. And the ink would be running!

• Love 4

I didn't understand anything over the last two days.

How does the Crimson scavenger hunt save the magazine? They're not selling copies, they have nothing to send to their subscribers, plus they're another $20K in the hole in prize money. Social media buzz ≠ revenue.

How can Diane represent the city/Mayor Lomax when Alexis is representing the opposing party? Diane and Alexis are partners in a two-attorney firm.

Mayor Lomax's hair. Ringworm or not ringworm?

Why didn't Valerie sleep with Curtis? It was St. Patrick's Day, her mother's third favorite holiday. She always has sex on her mother's favorite holidays.

• Love 14

How does the Crimson scavenger hunt save the magazine? They're not selling copies, they have nothing to send to their subscribers, plus they're another $20K in the hole in prize money. Social media buzz ≠ revenue.

I was wondering the same point. Neener and Maxie high-fived each other,saying the mag issue was a success because people brought in assembled copies of it. But they hadn't BOUGHT anything, and as you point out, Fishcakes, they are also in the hole after they pay out the prize money.

Show needs to realize that in order to make money, some product or service must be purchased, with purchase bringing in more money than outlay cost. OH THE HUMANITY!!

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 4

Mayor Lomax's hair is kinda uncooked ramen noodles for me. It's like those weird recipes on Buzz Feed where they try to tell me that ramen burgers are a thing and I'm like wtf am I doing on BuzzFeed, so I just go look at Pinterest food pics instead.

Why didn't they just introduce Nina as a fashion editor career gal in the first place? It would have saved us a lot of time and boredom. Then again, why is the sky blue? Why do faces melt off in Port Charles? Why do we never see The Chad, but BryDawg is there all the time? Why is Kiki?

• Love 3

I didn't understand anything over the last two days.

How can Diane represent the city/Mayor Lomax when Alexis is representing the opposing party? Diane and Alexis are partners in a two-attorney firm.

Mayor Lomax's hair. Ringworm or not ringworm?

Why didn't Valerie sleep with Curtis? It was St. Patrick's Day, her mother's third favorite holiday. She always has sex on her mother's favorite holidays.

That scavenger hunt thing was a success because Helena.

Aren't government officials represented by lawyers who work for the government, or at least lawyers who don't represent mobsters?

Has Val ever mentioned her father? Is he dead like her mother?

• Love 2

That scavenger hunt thing was a success because Helena.

Aren't government officials represented by lawyers who work for the government, or at least lawyers who don't represent mobsters?

Has Val ever mentioned her father? Is he dead like her mother?

I think the implication is he left/she never knew him. There was a scene early on where she watched Dante and Rocco play and said something all dads not stepping up the plate or something like that. Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

I think the implication is he left/she never knew him. There was a scene earlyvon where she watched Dante and Rocco play and said something all dads not stepping up the plate or something like that.

I guess we'll never know what his favorite holiday was, then. 

• Love 16

OMG, THIS is what I miss not watching anymore, the wonderful humor and snark and folks like Kerley killing me DEAD with a sentence like this.

Thanks, y'all, for keeping up with the show and making us refugees laugh.

• Love 4

Just not with the crappy cameras, ala GL. That was terrible to watch.

I agree it was at first, but the camera's got better as they went along. The thing that drove me nuts was the ridiculous places they'd film scenes - like in a baseball dugout or on a railroad track - where characters just happened to be at the same time. Yikes.

Jason starts having memories of things he did to Sam, his mother and father, his grandfather, and then his brother that are out right terrible and heinous. He remembers the circumstances behind Michael going to prison and getting raped, the true events behind Michael's conception. Then Jason has to confront his Quartermaine and Morgan memories, while reconciling them with the ramifications of the choices he's made over the years. Sam decides she wants to stay with him, so they can learn more about each other now. Michael is floored by Jason's apologies for the decisions he made that affected him and AJ, which makes him look at Sonny/Carly differently as they are still badmouthing AJ. After the situation with Sabrina, Michael starts to spend more time with the Q's. Jason also takes an interest in Morgan, as he begins remembering AJ and sees a troubled young man who needs a positive influence. Monica is both shocked and floored to have one of her sons back.

Exactly! But you know, you are talking about making Jason a Q again or at least being interested in the Q's and that certainly cannot happen. Not on a show where Sonny is the be all and end all of the universe.

I will never understand the Sonny/mob obsession on this show. Never.

And Anna? Stop acting like Duke was a saint. Geez, even I remember he was happily back in the mob and i usually ff-d his scenes.

Ah Morgan and Kiki. What a great love story they share. I mean, they have been totally dedicated to one another. I completely buy it! This show.

Liz and Franco? No. Actually Franco with anyone no. Nina with anyone no. Why can't Franco and Nina just get shot and killed during a mob fight? Why show why?

• Love 4

I agree it was at first, but the camera's got better as they went along. The thing that drove me nuts was the ridiculous places they'd film scenes - like in a baseball dugout or on a railroad track - where characters just happened to be at the same time. Yikes.

The back parking lot was the worst spot they filmed

I don't think Val liked Halloween much. I bet Pa Didn't Get His Last Name liked Halloween. Which makes him cool in my book. Because I like candy, don't care for Val, like Halloween, and I'd bolt far from Pat and Val too. They seem like annoying killjoys. Pat left her sister to be a hooker in FL and her brother to get bad perms so she can raise the most annoying child ever and apparently celebrate every single holiday with sparklers and pies. I stand with Missing Pops.
  • Love 7

Or, you know, remember what was written not long ago where Ava got custody of Avery after recording Sonny in the courtroom threatening to kill her.

At this point, I believe the writers are emulating the Crimson subplot and just throwing pages from previous episodes up in the air, then changing the names.

I expect Olivia to get custody of Baby Georgie from the Mayor, and for Tracey to reveal she's not suffering from seizures and punching Snotty Old Guy Doctor, thus rescuing Dr. Hairgel and Dr. Lucas from a hostage situation.

They already did it with Nathan married to his dog rather than Brad married to Rosalie.

• Love 7

Compared to the Crimson Scavenger Hunt subplot and the Olivia/Mayor Boobgate subplot, the Alexis/Dobson storyline is starting to look "West Wing"/"Bartlett Swears at God in Latin" stellar.

Edited by NutmegsDad
  • Love 11

Compared to the Crimson Scavenger Hunt subplot and the Olivia/Mayor Boobgate subplot, the Alexis/Dobson storyline is starting to look "West Wing"/"Bartlett Swears at God in Latin" stellar.

Suddenly, The Saga of Connie and Kate seems like we dismissed it too quickly. It had everything - a doctor, the hospital, no Kiki, Sonny hating, Cake, Johnny Z and his sweet penthouse, no Franco or Nina, Jason was dead.....

Doth we protest too much? Now we have breastfeeding and Franco. Look what we're reduced to. God help us if the writers blur the damn pages and Roger Howarth and Mo are breastfeeding on screen.

• Love 1

God help us if the writers blur the damn pages and Roger Howarth and Mo are breastfeeding on screen.

[shivers...] Roger already took off his shirt in anticipation in the locker room a couple of days ago. All it would take now is a mis-assembly of damp script pages. We'd see Alexis defending HIM in court.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 2

Suddenly, The Saga of Connie and Kate seems like we dismissed it too quickly. It had everything - a doctor, the hospital, no Kiki, Sonny hating, Cake, Johnny Z and his sweet penthouse, no Franco or Nina, Jason was dead......

Kate/Connie was a POS story that turned Johnny into a man who knowingly screwed a mentally ill woman and turned an intelligent, successful businesswoman into a psycho victim who was cured by Sonny's peen. Then, RC followed up that atrocious storytelling with this shite

http://serialdrama.typepad.com/serial_drama/2014/03/missed-opportunities-within-missed-opportunities-smothered-in-misery.html

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2

Good lord can the dumb breast feeding story be done with already. So much second hand embarrassment. 

ME and a lizard? I`m bored already. Another fucking doctor though???. Why kill of Silas at all then. So dumb.

• Love 7

So Dr. Hamilton Finn Michael Easton is an expert on things that make people sick when they're consumed.  Yup, sounds about right.

Every single second of the breastfeeding court case story was a piping hot mess.

Dr. Mayes is such a strawman villain, I can't even enjoy his being wrong.

Nice pull on Tracy being upset at seeing Monica embracing "Ned".

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9