Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Last week, on "They Saved Faison's Brain!"....

Bad news: OMG! They killed Faison! You bastards!

Good news: At least it wasn't at the hand of Sonny or Jason (and no, putting him into that situation doesn't mean "I killed him", Borg).

Bad news: He was killed by LW's boytoy.

We had to close-caption the Henrik/Cesar scenes because AH was channeling his inner MB, but I entertained NutmegsMom by reading Henrik's lines in the manner of Yoda and Eric Cartman. We promised to rewatch them and I'd dub in Stewie and Peter Griffin.

KSt knocked it out of the park. Just give her a better gig.

Wouldn't it be funny (not really haha) if Nelle went into the mental hospital due to a reaction to her anti-rejection meds for her kidneys? And wouldn't it be Show-typical if Carly found out and fucked up Nelle's medication to show Michael how unstable Nelle was.... just like Ava did to Morgan and Morgan and Lauren did to Michael?

And Carly would have no remorse, of course.

• Love 8

Good news: At least it wasn't at the hand of Sonny or Jason (and no, putting him into that situation doesn't mean "I killed him", Borg).

Too late.  Sonny is already bragging about how Jason saved the day and is responsible for Faison's demise.

13 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Anna might have been surprised at the mention of another Faison child, but she knew it was hers—she told dead Faison she'd kept that secret from him.

Does that mean Faison had three sons, Heinrich (Peter), Nathan, and Anna's? Or is Anna's kid not a son? I haz confusion. Regardless, Faison not knowing about two kids of his in the world is careless. Hee.

See, I thought LWB/FS and Anna's child with Faison were one and the same, which left me confused because Faison clearly knew about LWB/FS and thus Anna bragging about keeping their child a secret didn't make sense to me.  So you think there's a third kid?

And you know me, screw these other Faison kids, get Britt out of jail and get her involved in some light scheming at the hospital.  Maybe she could decide to destroy Amy 2.0 for wasting the last few months of her brother's life? #showinmyhead

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 10
9 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I think I may have missed something between Last Wednesday and now, but what does "LWB/FS" stand for?

Hee, sorry about that.  Yes, Sake is correct - LWB/FS is an acronym Laura Wright's Boyfriend/Faison's Son I came up and will be using nonstop.  Because I think it's important we never forget that Frank either cast and/or created the character of Faison's son - and possibly another child for Anna - because he ran into Laura Wright's boyfriend in the parking lot or on the elevator or wherever the hell.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

Hee, sorry about that.  Yes, Sake is correct - LWB/FS is an acronym Laura Wright's Boyfriend/Faison's Son I came up and will be using nonstop.  Because I think it's important we never forget that Frank either cast and/or created the character of Faison's son - and possibly another child for Anna - because he ran into Laura Wright's boyfriend in the parking lot or on the elevator or wherever the hell.

Well, I did something I SWORE I would never do, and finally succumbed and created a Twitter account, and when I read about this BULLSHIT that I REFUSE to type out, I tweeted Frank, and whatever writers had a hand in this retcon revisionist of a bullshit story, AND the GH account, to go Fuck themselves. They probably blocked me, but I don't care. Course, technically, I said "SCREW YOU!" But it's still the same point.

That's how angry I am.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Charlotte's mother and grandmother have both been intimately violated by Cassadines and forced to be mothers to a Cassadine child. What does the future hold for this poor child?

Spencer seems to be the only Cassadine left (besides Valentin), so Charlotte's future is probably rather rosy in that respect.

22 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

See, I thought LWB/FS and Anna's child with Faison were one and the same, which left me confused because Faison clearly knew about LWB/FS and thus Anna bragging about keeping their child a secret didn't make sense to me.  So you think there's a third kid?

Anna seemed surprised at the existence of Heinrich, or was that supposed to be a misdirect? It's been so poorly written. (TFGH.)

• Love 5

Also, we were told that Faison could care less about his son Heinrich. If Peter was also Anna's son, he would not have initially felt that way. Also no way would Anna allow her child near Faison. 

• Love 2

I am so tired of the sad music and the wide-eyed gazes whenever Sam and Jason run into each other.  We get it, we get it.  I do want her to stay with Drew, however, because he's a good guy who won't endanger her life.  Just let Jason move on to someone who doesn't care that he's a killer.

Was that "Wojo" playing Sonny's father? 

• Love 15

Is Jason completely lacking any backbone? He lets himself be cattle prodded by Carly into talking her down from her rage, doesn't put up much fuss with Peter even though he's obviously suspicious of him, and then gets dismissed by Sam and doesn't even question it. Why is he so fucking passive? I just want him to DO something, on his own, for himself, and not just accept what everyone else is giving him.

I'm not minding the Mike stuff so far because it's at least a change of pace and a change of scenery, and I think working with different actors has made MB wake up a little.

I love Kevin but he's wasted in this Franco snoozefest, let's just cut to the chase and proclaim Franco is cured and good and never hurt Drew, hooray, the end.

Nelle's desire to bring another Morgan Corinthos into the world is getting added to the list of things I hate about her. 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Linny said:

Nelle's desire to bring another Morgan Corinthos into the world is getting added to the list of things I hate about her. 

Oh ew, really?

If she wants to be shady slash get under Carly's skin, she'd name that baby Frank or AJ or Brenda.

6 minutes ago, Linny said:

I love Kevin but he's wasted in this Franco snoozefest

My poor beloved Kevin.  I thought holding Laura's purse was a waste of him, but THIS?

• Love 2

And.... we're back to The Corinthos Hour.  Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.

You go, Drew. Don't tell Jason anything if he won't talk to you.  The best thing about Wes Ramsey is that he's taller than SBu so Jason looks small beside him.

Nice to see Sam with a backbone, unlike Jason.  And I cheered Nelle for her first volley in driving Carly bananas.  Nice acting by LW as the veins in Carly's forehead threatens to pop.

Good for Kevin, finally asking why a three year old boy would want to push his brother down stairs. Franco may be a serial killer but at least he's written with a sense of humour and a sense of what he does wrong, which makes him more entertaining to watch than Sonny Carly Jason or Michael.

2 hours ago, nilyank said:

Also, we were told that Faison could care less about his son Heinrich. If Peter was also Anna's son, he would not have initially felt that way. Also no way would Anna allow her child near Faison. 

Exactly.

14 minutes ago, AuxArx said:

Yes.  I hate it because now I can't fast forward those Sonny scenes because Max is so good.  Although MB may force me too if he keeps yelling like that.

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

"He's going to put up with more than he should because of the baby and I don't want that for him."

Ahem. Um, Carly.....meet Jason.

God, the lack of self-awareness never fails to slay me.  She used Michael for years to keep Jason tethered to her--at least Nelle's baby is actually biologically Michael's.  

• Love 12
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

See, I thought LWB/FS and Anna's child with Faison were one and the same

I'm fairly certain it is.  When Liesl (it was Liesl wasn't it?) who told anna about Heinrik, I thought she had said there was no mother in the picture, ie someone dropped off the kid, and said it was Faison's.  He didn't know who the mother was, which was another reason he wanted nothing to do with the kid and sent him off to various boarding schools.  Based on Anna's reaction to Faison having another son, I'm assuming that the retcon will be that she gave birth to the child, gave him up to whoever, adoption, orphanage, Santa Claus, whoever, never to be seen or heard from again.  Somehow, said baby finds it's way into his father's life.  So when she hears there was a son, she knows that it's her son, but Faison never knew.  That would be what Anna meant when she told dead Faison that they had a child that he didn't know about.  At least, that's how I'm guessing they'll play it out, though I think I put way more thought into it than they did.  And no freakin way would Anna not have aborted that baby rather than carry it to term unless she was in a coma for 9 months.  

• Love 9
22 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Yes (and she passed it on to her daughter Jessica, which led to some really, really distasteful stories).

Although it did lead to one of soap's great lines, when Clint said (about Jess being pregnant), "At this point we don't know who the father is," and Vicky replied, "We don't even know who's the mother!"

20 hours ago, missyb said:

Jason gave a Real Housewife worthy eye roll when he left Aurora office after Drew asked if he would really tell him any news.

I loved that! He's got a few more layers of humor this time around.

• Love 6

The writers appear to be attempting to soften the characters of Franco and Sonny by scraping up some sympathy for these two serial killers by bringing up challenges that they had growing up.  What a waste of airtime and my viewing time.

• Love 10

When NuMike was sharing his sympathy with Sonny about no parent should lose a child, all I kept wondering is if NuMike forgot that he lost Courtney or did the writers forget.

Nelle is crazy or forgetful. The reason that Michael broke up with her was because she kept needlessly lying to him about stupid stuff and he got tired of always forgiving her for her lies. She lost Michael all on her own.

Bonus points for Kevin being able to name all of Liz's kids by their actual names.

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Bonus points for Kevin being able to name all of Liz's kids by their actual names.

Wait, Liz has kids, as in plural? Not just Jester? (Or is it Joe? Jim? Oh, what is the Chosen One's moniker, I wonder?)

• Love 6

I know I snatch at crumbs where the Q's are concerned, but today Sam told Drew she was going to be picking up the kids at "your mother's." This is another good sign. I hope they follow through on Monica adopting Drew, and perhaps he will take the Q name.  

I always thought it was so crappy that Jason/Drew and Sam called it "The Quartermaine's" when Monica (and her staff) is basically raising those kids.

• Love 2

That's actually consistent with Jason's history with the Qs though. And Sam was following his lead with regards to his family.

Jason doesn't call them mom and dad, he calls them Alan and Monica and he doesn't think of, or refer to, the Qs house as his home. 

Drew has a completely different relationship with Monica. Sam reflecting that is actually a nice piece of writing.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, sunnyface said:

challenges that they had growing up

Wah, wah, wah. Sonny and Franco are both such whiners about their childhoods. At least Franco decided to get some therapy.

Carly has some nerve talking about what Nelle might do if she has postpartum depression. As always, the disconnect is beyond ridiculous.

Did the show end with Nelle telling Carly and Michael she was going to name the baby Morgan Corinthos? It immediately jumped to the stock market tanking.

• Love 6

Yes, the first salvo of Nelle's plan to drive Carly to the nuthouse is to say she wants to name her baby Morgan irrespective of the sex. LW played that like Carly was going to have a stroke.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 4
29 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Nelle telling Carly and Michael she was going to name the baby Morgan Corinthos

Anticlimactic. Is this tactic of Nell's intended to make Carly and Sonny bond to it strongly? If so, Nell's bright idea could backfire. They may bond to the infant so much that they steal it and control its life. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Carly has some nerve talking about what Nelle might do if she has postpartum depression. As always, the disconnect is beyond ridiculous.

Carly seems to forget how she high-tailed it out of town leaving Baby Red Menace-to-Be with Michael to deal with her own PPD.  And I love how she's all "Nelle got violent with me!" as if she just approached her asking how she was feeling.  If I were Nelle I'd stay away from any staircase when Carly is around.  Just sayin.'

• Love 9

I like the idea of Ava and Nell being in cahoots against Carly, who's been cruising for a brusin due to her hypocritical outcry against Nell and interfering raving over Sam and Jason. Even Jason told Carly to shut up when she insisted that his job is to calm her down. Carly doesn't have enough to do in her life.

• Love 7

Why is it inconceivable to both Franco and Kevin that perhaps Franco did push Drew down the stairs, but not necessarily with the intention of killing him or whatever it is Franco thinks his motivation was?  Maybe Franco accidentally bumped into him on the stairs and Drew fell?  Maybe Drew had grabbed his candy bar and Franco retaliated by shoving him?  He was 3.  There are all sorts of reasons why one three-year-old could accidentally or intentionally push another three-year-old down the stairs without the intention being murderous. 

At least Kevin has opened up the possibility that Franco's mother lied.  But, omg, isn't it also possible that the push was an accident?

• Love 7

"Maaaaaaaaaa Michaaaaaaaaaaaaeeeeellll!!! Nelle got violent and hit me FOR NO GOOD REASON!!!!"

Did I miss something, or was the cartoonist Greg Billingsley (Curtis) today's guest writer?

14 hours ago, nilyank said:

When NuMike was sharing his sympathy with Sonny about no parent should lose a child, all I kept wondering is if NuMike forgot that he lost Courtney or did the writers forget.

NutmegsMom picked up on this as well.

Nelle is crazy or forgetful. The reason that Michael broke up with her was because she kept needlessly lying to him about stupid stuff and he got tired of always forgiving her for her lies. She lost Michael all on her own.

She's both. And, though Sonny and Carly can also spin and retcon situations and events to suit them, I rather enjoy seeing Nelle doing it.

19 hours ago, statsgirl said:
20 hours ago, AuxArx said:

Yes.  I hate it because now I can't fast forward those Sonny scenes because Max is so good.  Although MB may force me too if he keeps yelling like that.

I was happy to see Show got another Retro Star to show up. He does look like Ron Hale, surprisingly. There are theories about his storyline, but I want to see if they are true.

5 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

At least Kevin has opened up the possibility that Franco's mother lied.  But, omg, isn't it also possible that the push was an accident?

We're totally convinced Betsy lied, but Franco is holding onto the "I was born evil" thought because Reasons Not to Marry Liz.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I despise Nelle a lot, but if this whole baby storyline is designed to show us how much Carly has zero self-awareness, or has decided to forget some parts of her past, or is fucking crazy, then job well done.

This is about Sonny. It's always about Sonny, no one is allowed to be a bigger victim than Sonny.

• Love 13

...are we supposed to feel bad for Alexis about the ad pointing out she was married to a mobster?  She WAS married to a mobster.  Plus, you know, all the other mob-related shenanigans - representing mobsters and their supporters in court for years, getting censured/suspended because of her shady lawyering for a mobster pretty recently, having a child with a different mobster.  But I think what the show wants us to take away from that is that Ned's a big meanie. #whatever

Can't wait to see how Sonny makes his dad having dementia or Alzheimer's or whatever all about himself, said no one ever.  My blood ran cold when Mike mentioned SWSNBN.

Tired of these Aunt Stella shenanigans.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 14

Can't wait to see how Sonny makes his dad having dementia or Alzheimer's or whatever all about himself, said no one ever.

Way to scream at an elderly guy who happens to be your father both in the opening scene and in the previews.  Pour yourself another one Sonny.

Tired of these Aunt Stella shenanigans.

I'd rather watch Aunt Stella than watch Sam/Drew and Jason talk about recovering Drew/Jason's memories.

At 2:46 into the episode there's a mounted head of an animal hanging in Anna's house.   Has it always been there?

• Love 2

I must say, I'm really enjoying Alexis and Finn's friendship. Their sense of humor and attitudes play off each other nicely, and I like that they have the shared connection of recovering from addiction. It feels natural to see them hanging out together, and I wish this show would start putting more emphasis on platonic relationships instead of forcing romances.

I've always hated Julian with Alexis, but when he's with Kim it's easier for me to remember that he is really quite handsome and charming. I'm doubtful this pairing will last very long but I'll appreciate their relaxed chemistry while I can.

Robin is always a welcome addition to the show, but I need her to do more than push Anna at Finn. It'd be nice if Anna would actually confide in Robin instead of guiltily hiding her search for Henrik. If there's anyone who deserves to be entrusted with this secret, it's Robin.

• Love 7

I hate that they write Henrik and pronounce it Heinrich. The two are not the same.

Did they actor slip and say "Courtney" instead of "Carly" or are we supposed to be seeing early onset dementia as a really really cool and topical storyline for Sonny?

39 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

...are we supposed to feel bad for Alexis about the ad pointing out she was married to a mobster?  She WAS married to a mobster.  Plus, you know, all the other mob-related shenanigans - representing mobsters and their supporters in court for years, getting censured/suspended because of her shady lawyering for a mobster pretty recently, having a child with a different mobster.  But I think what the show wants us to take away from that is that Ned's a big meanie. #whatever

It's not like Ned's as pure as the driven snow himself. Also the US has a history of voting into office people who have served jail time so fight back, Alexis.

I live in a country that doesn't have voter registration so it's a WTH? for me.. We use existing municipal records and no one has to identify with a party

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, Linny said:

It'd be nice if Anna would actually confide in Robin instead of guiltily hiding her search for Henrik.

Speaking of which, does that confirm LWB/FS is Anna's child?  If so, again, how is he a big secret Anna kept from Faison if his last name is also Faison?  Is just the fact that she's his mother a secret?

18 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

It's not like Ned's as pure as the driven snow himself.

Oh of course not, though his slate is muuuch less dirty than Alexis'.

There was also more of the, "Oooh, Ned's a privileged rich wiener who's never had to work hard like us" narrative.  Which...Alexis grew up as part of a crazy yet super rich family and I've never gone the impression that Dr. Michael Easton had a rough upbringing.  Sooo...maybe they should both shut up?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

Anna, dear, maybe you'd have more luck with your online search if you knew how to spell "Heinrich".  Also, maybe use a search engine that suggests alternate spellings when nothing under the spelling you entered pops up.

I'm all for a storyline that deals with dementia or Alzheimer's, but omg does it HAVE to involve Sonny directly?  Is it really necessary to bring back a character just to have him face this diagnosis in a relative?  Wouldn't the story have more oomph if the person who was ill was someone we were more emotionally invested in?  I always liked Mike, but to be honest I thought the character died a while ago.  How about Monica, or Bobbi, or...anyone else who is older...is there anyone else who could qualify as "older"? 

20 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Is Mike's girlfriend Rita the same bartender from the bar that Drew/Sam and Jason scenes in NYC?

Yes, I think so.

• Love 6
On 2/5/2018 at 7:03 AM, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Lulu doesn't just screw up. She has an ego and a mouth as big as Pittsburgh when she decides to go on a mission or goal. It's Lulu's way or the highway at those times. And she definitely doesn't think through about the consequences of her rash and impulsive insights and decisions. She's a bull in a china shop.

That's part of my point though. They don't have to write it like that, but they do, to make the characters they prefer - Obrecht, Nina, Valentin, more sympathetic. 

That reminds me, I was watching some clips on youtube and I had forgotten that Obrecht threatened to kill months old Rocco with a knife* if Dante and Lulu didn't let her leave Wyndemere. So I guess it's safe to say the writers forgot that lovely moment as well.

*[Insert "she was trying to save him from being named Rocco" joke here.]

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 9
10 minutes ago, ulkis said:

That's part of my point though. They don't have to write it like that, but they do, to make the characters they prefer - Obrecht, Nina, Valentin, more sympathetic. 

That reminds me, I was watching some clips on youtube and I had forgotten that Obrecht threatened to kill months old Rocco with a knife* if Dante and Lulu didn't let her leave Wyndemere. So I guess it's safe to say the writers forgot that lovely moment as well.

Was that before, after, or during she kidnapped Ben/Rocco to present him to Faison?

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Was that before, after, or during she kidnapped Ben/Rocco to present him to Faison?

After. It was when it was found out Lulu was the bio mother.

Edited by ulkis
5 minutes ago, ulkis said:

After. It was when it was found out Lulu was the bio mother.

Yup.  She took him to Liz's house - Liz unwisely had mouthed off to her earlier in the evening and was lucky there wasn't a parapet nearby - and enjoyed some sugary cereal.

20 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Snerk.  Well it's not like she liked the name Ben either.  I recall she said it sounded like the name of a rat.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

Anna, dear, maybe you'd have more luck with your online search if you knew how to spell "Heinrich".  Also, maybe use a search engine that suggests alternate spellings when nothing under the spelling you entered pops up.

I'm all for a storyline that deals with dementia or Alzheimer's, but omg does it HAVE to involve Sonny directly?  Is it really necessary to bring back a character just to have him face this diagnosis in a relative?  Wouldn't the story have more oomph if the person who was ill was someone we were more emotionally invested in?  I always liked Mike, but to be honest I thought the character died a while ago.  How about Monica, or Bobbi, or...anyone else who is older...is there anyone else who could qualify as "older"? 

Yes, I think so.

Can I suggest Aunt Stella? She is so annoying.

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Why was Robin talking to Dr. O today, much less expressing any form of understanding to her? This woman engineered Robin's kidnapping and torture and cost her years with Emma. 

I assume you meant talking about?  Dr. O wasn't on today.

And yeah, Dr. O has won back some points with me after too long being Faison's fawning friend, but I'm not Robin.  Robin should hate her guts forever and has plenty of people to worry about/feel bad for in this Dead Nathan scenario before her, including her sorta-friend Britt!  But the show had to clumsily pivot to Anna's LWB/FS secret so there ya go.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2