Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I still want to know how Liz was at Nik's seemingly before Jake was even in recovery.  I mean, was she not in the OR with him?  

Sonny looked like he was going to bite Spencer's head off in the previews. If that actually happened it could be a top 10 episode.

Show it on every holiday.  

Sonny's shoe polish is hilarious.  Can Spencer be useful for once and start their scene together "hi Uncle Son.....whoa!  What happened?  Did you paint your face?" 

If Michael doesn't have his attorney question Carly on the stand over her previous efforts to have Sonny terminate his rights to Morgan, I am going to be SO pissed off.  

I assume we'll be getting a Carly/Sonny wedding soon, to make them a "stable couple" to keep Avery?  

• Love 7

Do they not have phones in Port Charles?  Elizabeth teleported over to Nik's to tell him about Jake's surgery, then was immediately back at the hospital...  Must've been exhausting, all that travel for a short update. 

• Love 3

When Ned said, "I would have to be an idiot to use the same story twice!" I immediately thought of that fabulous line from Notorious when Claude Rains tells his mother he's married to an American agent and he's afraid what his fellow Nazis will do, and his terrifying mother says, "You are protected by the enormity of your stupidity." That's Ned and Olivia.

Nice to see Tracy finally show some backbone with Fake!Luke.

the "oh I pumped her for information. Pumped her all night long." Okay buddy. Just save your poetry for your beatnik diary.

That was so gross.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 9

Man, today really was a snoozer.  When it wasn't annoying, that is.  Of course I ff'd al the Snarly/Sam scenes.  I gone over my limit for Snarly self-centered stupidity for one week.  Sam often seems as bored with her scenes as I am.

DIE, SPINELLI, DIE!!!!!!! DIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEE! I wish Nathan would've punched him in the face. 

You said it perfectly.  God I hate that freak.  I always did, but I think I forgot how horrible this mutant Mattel toy really is.  Now that he's returned with his precious way of talking and Pillsbury Dough Boy face, I remember.

Maxie is, simply, a dumbass. 

Yes, yes she is.  And as self-centered as Snarly in her own way.  Lulu gets pretty stupid in her presence, too.  Maxie is balthering on about Spinelli and Lulu is actually listening - while her father is a raving lunatic locked up in a jail cell.  She should have told Maxie to STFU about her stupid ass problems.

Julian was a tasteless turd today.  And his calling Ned "Ted" is Spinelli sorts of funny, meaning not funny at all.  Right now I think Alexis is perfect for him and that's the biggest insult I can throw his way at the moment.

Tracy was good but that's about it for me.

Show left me feeling cranky today.

• Love 5

When Ned said, "I would have to be an idiot to use the same story twice!" I immediately thought of that fabulous line from Notorious when Claude Rains tells his mother he's married to an American agent and he's afraid what his fellow Nazis will do, and his terrifying mother says, "You are protected by the enormity of your stupidity." That's Ned and Olivia.

Nice to see Tracy finally show some backbone with Fake!Luke.

That was so gross.

I find Julian to be gross, so that was in character, but seriously...Alexis has no business being indignant over Ned and Olivia considering she's been emotionally cheating the entire time she was with Ted. ;)

• Love 5

Here is my pitiful spin on the Sonny/Michael/Helena/Nik tie in.

First everyone is pretty much spell out in crayon that Michael is Sonny, so that is making Sonny AJ. I think since fans seem to feel bad for AJ and hate Sonny Ron is using his poison pen to thumb his nose at you pesky haters. So now if you root for Michael you are really saying Sonny was also right all those years ago.(I know it isn't quite the same but I think in Ron's mind it is)

Next we have Carly explaining how she HAD to pick Sonny for her baby daddy b/c he is strong and a leader. He has power and wealth.

Final piece we have Helena who dotes on Nik and getting ELQ was HER baby all along. Luke just wanted to take Sonny's power away she just convinced him the throw in with her plan to get ELQ for Nik. I really think that was her plan she wants Nik to run ELQ. That is the only explanation I had for Nik's thinking, he seemed to visibly change his posture thinking about running ELQ. I mean Nik is a Cassadine but he doesn't want to be too evil, I think he sees this as his way to have real world power and ELQ is Emily's family business.

Tell me what does Re-Ron say about those of us who just did it. just shut the show off. will be back when these idiots leave MAybe. Came back when the unholy three left, see what this got us. Same church different pew. All I can say is I am free .

So I think Sonny and Michael are like the new AJ and Sonny with the roles reversed, except Michael does love Sonny deep down somewhere. While Michael is battling with Sonny Nik is going to swoop in and steal ELQ from him. THEN Ron will lower the boom. Michael will join with Sonny to take back ELQ from the evil Cassadines. Michael will forgive Sonny and all will be well with the Corinthos family.

And Ron will say how he used history and an umbrella story to tie it all together. What? Don't ya'll see his genius?

• Love 1

Uh the reason he sucks isn't that he doesn't have a six-pack; the reason he sucks is because he is a passive-aggressive emotionally-abusive douche who gleefully conspired to murder a cop!

I love this sentence so much, I want to shoot in the head while it's giving birth than put it in a tree.

• Love 7

Although I guess the show is rehabilitating Ava too, so

HOw so?  She was threatened with death every day for 9 months, had her baby literally ripped from her womb, tossed in jail and killed off.  I think someone in the writing room hated Ava/MW.

• Love 3

If Michael doesn't have his attorney question Carly on the stand over her previous efforts to have Sonny terminate his rights to Morgan, I am going to be SO pissed off.

Lawyer: Ms. Spencer, did Mr. Corinthos shoot you in the head while you were giving birth to Morgan Corinthos?

Carly: Yes.

Lawyer: Was Michael Quartermaine shot in the head while at Mr. Corinthos' warehouse?

Lawyer: Was Lily Corinthos and the fetus she was carrying killed by a car bomb planted in Mr. Corinthos' car?

Lawyer: Was Kristina Corinthians almost killed by a car bomb planted by Mr. Corinthos?

Lawyer: Did Mr. Corinthos shoot Dante Falconeri . . . in the chest?

Lawyer: No further questions, your honor.

The reality is, this line of questioning could continue for two full episodes.

I assume we'll be getting a Carly/Sonny wedding soon, to make them a "stable couple" to keep Avery?

I think that Michael & Sabrina might get married to bolster his case.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 9
Spinbitch needs to shut the fuck up and die. Die die die die!!! I dont remember his exact words, but him lecturing Nathan about how Maxie & Spinbitch belong together because they are okay with lying . . . Jasus I hate him. That whole bit with Spinbitch being jealous of Nathan's body . . . Uh the reason he sucks isn't that he doesn't have a six-pack; the reason he sucks is because he is a passive-aggressive emotionally-abusive douche who gleefully conspired to murder a cop!

THIS!! Times INFINITY!

Spinelli is back? Like, permanently BACK? I watched today for the first time since Christmas and the first thing I see is that annoying, pasty fucking dork back in Port Charles.  Between his return, Sonny getting out of prison, and that cartoonish old crone, Helena, back from the dead for the twentieth time, I shall go back into non-viewing mode. It's bad enough that this show gave that asexual twat viable sperm and made him Georgie's father, but to subject viewers to him, AGAIN? No. Just NO. 

• Love 7

Well to be fair I don't know who the writer was in 1998-2000 but even back then the writing for AJ was that he was pathetic even his own Q family was very emotionally abusive towards him about Michael's custody.

I think most of the people in town a) also thought AJ killed Connie b) understand Sonny the mobster would kill for revenge. So even though now it is clear AJ didn't kill Connie they understand Sonny enough to know he did it for "reasons" at the time even if those reasons don't exist now. I think they also all view SONNY as Michael's father b/c of years of conditioning and no one wants to see a son turn against his father b/c that is just sad. I think Michael is the only one who considers AJ his father so the rest of them just don't "get it" from his point of view.

I actually feel of all the stories right now this one is the best written and most in character story from my point of view. I like Sonny but don't think he is a good person and I don't dislike Michael but can see how what he is doing isn't in his own best interest as a good person. I can see the irony that Michael IS being just like Sonny and I wish he would be the better man. In general this story is interesting to me.

That was the original hacks. Same church different pew. AJ was an alcoholic. He was allowed to give Sonny a run for his money but never ,never, never win. I shut the show off then also. If I had to choose AJ over Sonny, Carley Jason the unholy three character as opposed to the unholy three IIC so be it. I do not root for the bad guy, Want mobs to run the show my words to FrankenRon watch it yourself.I'M done.

• Love 2

HOw so?  She was threatened with death every day for 9 months, had her baby literally ripped from her womb, tossed in jail and killed off.  I think someone in the writing room hated Ava/MW.

That was before it became obvious she was the only one with whom ME/Silas showed a pulse, now she's become necessary.

Edited by sometimesfan
  • Love 2

STFU, Spin, you do know that the real reason Ellie dumped your lazy ass was that she got sick and tired of supporting you and Maxie's baby. So now you are looking for another gravy train financed by Mac and Flea.

• Love 7

I thought Jane Eliot was wonderful today.  Constance was good, too.

Spinelli telling Nathan that he (Spin) has a lot in common with Maxie because they both ascribe to moral relativism was true, I guess...but that seems like such a lame reason for two people to be together.  It would be nice to see Maxie stay with Nathan, and grow up, but she's kind of flaky so who knows?

Not a bad episode, mostly because Sonny was nowhere to be seen.

• Love 4

Maybe they'll both get married. And then we'll get a scene of clueless Carly showing up at the Q mansion to suggest to Michael that they have a double ceremony. 

Does Spinelli even know what kind of complete and total asswipe his story makes him sound like?  "Well, my girlfriend, who was great, way better than I ever deserved, told me that she thinks I still have feelings for Maxie, and broke up with me.  So I figured I might as well come out here and see if Maxie is up for it, even though I know she's in a relationship with a nice guy and she's given me no indication that she's interested in going there again."  God he's a useless sack of shit. 

• Love 15

If Michael gets married to anyone to bolster his cause, it'll be nuKiki.  I sadly don't think she'll be sitting the custody battle story out.

• Love 3

It was like that, yeah, but then they wrote scenes between Ava and Avery, maybe this is what the poster meant by rehabilitation.  Heck, a scene with that baby makes just about any character look better.

• Love 1

Aww I'm pulling for Sabrina! Lady of the Quartermaine Mansion!

That would be interesting, especially if they threw in a storyline about how prejudiced people might not want them to be together.  Except I can't think of anyone in PC who would be like that, as they all seem fairly tolerant.  Just a thought.

I like both Sabrina and Carlos. 

• Love 4

Spinbitch needs to shut the fuck up and die. Die die die die!!! I dont remember his exact words, but him lecturing Nathan about how Maxie & Spinbitch belong together because they are okay with lying . . . Jasus I hate him. That whole bit with Spinbitch being jealous of Nathan's body . . . Uh the reason he sucks isn't that he doesn't have a six-pack; the reason he sucks is because he is a passive-aggressive emotionally-abusive douche who gleefully conspired to murder a cop!

DIE, SPINELLI, DIE!!!!!!! DIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEE! I wish Nathan would've punched him in the face. Can we just skip to the end of this story and reunite Spixie so Nathan can finally have an on screen affair with Anna?

You said it perfectly.  God I hate that freak.  I always did, but I think I forgot how horrible this mutant Mattel toy really is.  Now that he's returned with his precious way of talking and Pillsbury Dough Boy face, I remember.

Does Spinelli even know what kind of complete and total asswipe his story makes him sound like?  "Well, my girlfriend, who was great, way better than I ever deserved, told me that she thinks I still have feelings for Maxie, and broke up with me.  So I figured I might as well come out here and see if Maxie is up for it, even though I know she's in a relationship with a nice guy and she's given me no indication that she's interested in going there again."  God he's a useless sack of shit. 

Oh my peeps! I knew I'd find common ground sometime or another. Why must my det Special Kitty always have to compete with total borish creeps with fish eyes! I didn't know there could be worse than plot point dunklemonkey but OMG this Spin person is gross and annoying after only three appearences I want to throat punch him worse than Patdick! I seriously kept imagining Nathan punching him in the throat while he was spouting his pretentious pompus BS!

Neither Maxie or Spin realize Nathan's true worth isn't to do with his packaging but with his kind true honest good heart. If Maxie continues to be an idiot she can just sit and SPIN and I want Nathan far away from those two losers.ugh!

I want Nathan to throw them both deuces and he and Dante can come out of the closet with Anna.

• Love 9

Hey, you know what, Sonny arranging Alice's heart transplant hasn't come out yet.  I'm surprised Ron didn't play that sympathy card.

Still waiting for the Rosalie tie-in secret.

I agree. And then Michael being all, "STAY DAMMIT!" and she's just like "Yea, no, I'm gonna leave." LOL!

Reminds me of when Kiki walked in on him and Rosalie.  Mikey needs a female to watch him be all he-man.  No thanks.

I know Duke isn't really popular here and I understand Robert/Anna>>>>Duke/Anna but I think IB is a good actor and the short scene with Duke and Anna had 10827347298 times more chemistry than half the show "frenchfry" scene with that douche Sloane. Plus there is no way Anna eats that many carbs. That alone took me out of the whole scene not to mention that grease slick on cro-magnon's 5 head. The man is not attractive nor a good actor.

I like the last Sloane better.  He was younger which makes sense since he was supposed to be a protege of Anna.   This Sloane barely seemed to be in the scene with Anna.  And the flirting over the fries?  Anna was selling it, Sloane not so much.  I thought Duke was breaking in because Sloane was getting nasty with Anna -- but he broke in because he thought Sloane was hitting on her?  Blergh.

Wait, so Helena's punishment is being sent to Cassadine Island, unsupervised?  Oh Nik, you stupid douche.

Where is this island?  Is Faison and Britt staying there?

• Love 1

Nik was cracking me up today. "What is going on with you and Luke anyway. Nevermind, I don't wanna know." LOL. This story doesn't really make any sense, but none of them do and this one is kinda funny so I enjoy it.

I enjoyed the hell out of Hells and Nik today. It is so hilarious that the "meaner" he tries to be with her the more gleeful she becomes. Only a grandmother from hell would take such joy in seeing the evil side of her grandson. and TC trying to sit in that "princely " chair when it clearly wasn't comfortable was so funny. I loved him being all moustache twirling and bad. But I like Helena and love that he is making her happy while he thinks he is being mean. heh!

• Love 5

I'd...be into it. It's been a while since GH has done a marriage of convenience, right? Though, I don't know what Sabrina would get out of it. Anyways, I've been meh on all Michael pairings - I liked Michael/Starr for a minute ( go ahead you can judge me) but my attention shifted quickly. I'm sure Ron would be horrible at writing a romance arc for them if he went there, but I can headcanon cute stuff, which is what I do with this show anyway. 

Edited by loveigniting
  • Love 4

I wonder what young Spenser, Nik's son, will say when he discovers that his Granny is missing. Wasn't he looking forward to walzing with her soon?

Maybe he'll thwow himseth off the pawapet in dethpaiw.

So sad.

• Love 18

And the flirting over the fries?  Anna was selling it, Sloane not so much.  I thought Duke was breaking in because Sloane was getting nasty with Anna -- but he broke in because he thought Sloane was hitting on her? 

I saw the french fries thing as a power game, not flirting.  And I also saw Duke butting in because Sloan grabbed Anna's arm, not because he was hitting on her.  I didn't see any sexual or flirtation thing between Anna and Sloan at all...more like a rivalry and/or intense dislike.

But then again, I think I saw that scene - and Duke and Anna's conversation after that - differently from a lot of folks here. 

• Love 4

I wonder what young Spenser, Nik's son, will say when he discovers that his Granny is missing. Wasn't he looking forward to walzing with her soon?

Spencer seemed more interested in showing off his new moves to Emma.

• Love 1

Not true - he courted/married Lois while having an affair with Katherine Bell. (Katherine wanted to get married, but he married Lois first). His life was divided between regular Ned Ashton and singer "Eddie Maine." She knows that while it's in character for Ned to do the white knight thing, it's not unfathomable that he would sleep with a woman he's attracted to if he thought it was over with her. I think she just felt she was more special/educated/his type than Lois was, so he would never do that to her. I noticed that she was really pissed that Olivia, not Ned, provided a plausible timeline for hooking up with Ned and then Ned dismissed Alexis and Julian with "this is a private matter."  I think she figures sure, Ned would have no problem lying to Julian, but wouldn't lie to and hurt her about something so important due to their history.  There's also her feeling "yeah, I felt bad for hurting this man I used but how DARE another woman want him/how dare he have other options this entire time!!"

Thanks for the reminder, Bringonthedrama.  I had, indeed, forgotten that, but I readily admit I've forgotten far more about this show over the years than I've remembered!  And I don't disagree that Alexis would ascribe herself special status in Ned's eyes, as she does seem to have that kind of ego.  But I still think that she's wise to Ned's/Olivia's scheme and is playing along for the time being.

Like I said on the DOOL thread yesterday, I think it is terrific fun to see both Justin Kiriakis and Ned Ashton on the same day. I wish Ned wasn't being such an idiot though, and involved in a better story. I dislike Olivia in the extreme, so it's sort of six of one, half dozen of the other, suffer through Olivia or FF Ned. I've only been back in Salem for a few months after decades away, so I have no idea if Justin is being sincere or a dick or what. Judi Evans looks terrific though.

• Love 2

I know CT doesn't want to work full-time, and Helena is best in small doses but damn if I don't get a little sad when Helena leaves town. IRL I am the least fashion conscious person I know, but I live for watching CT/Helena strut around in her suits. Her suits and the matching accessories slay me, and woman can rock almost every color.  We just don't get that level of fashion on TV anymore, for the most part. Most of the cast dress like they shop at Target (nothing wrong with that, I just love old-school glam).

So even if Julexis are buying Olivia & Ned's BS, why wouldn't they insist on paternity test to be sure? I mean, that should've been a no-brainer for Alexis. Ugh.

So if Hells is being confined to Cassadine Island (like that's really going to happen), isn't Robin free to come home now?  Or is she a prisoner of Jerry Jax's again. I know KMC ain't coming back anytime soon but they can at least acknowledge Robin's whereabouts off-screen SMH

The only bright spot to the Jasus Awakening is to see Patprick cast aside like yesterday's trash once Sam realizes its Jason. It will be a small token of retribution after the way he treated both Robin and Sabrina like shit. I love Jason Thompson, but can't stand Patprick.

• Love 6

I mean I really can't get into the argument that Sam would be a Michael supporter.

I can - Knowing the lengths Jason went to protect Michael (however misguided those efforts were) and what I think was actual love Jason had for Michael, combined with Sam's love of Jason and her increasing distaste for Sonny, I would be surprised if she was anything but a Michael supporter.

Nathan seriously needs to dump Maxie.

I would support that, but I worry that if that happened, Maxie would go back to Spinelli, and that I cannot abide.

Not for nothing, but I had brain surgery two months ago, and can tell you with absolute certainty that I was nowhere near as coherent as Jakeson when I woke up

Okay, but did you still have all your hair when you woke up??

• Love 6

So even if Julexis are buying Olivia & Ned's BS, why wouldn't they insist on paternity test to be sure? I mean, that should've been a no-brainer for Alexis. Ugh.

Julian seems to be easily fooled, but Alexis doesn't want Olivia's baby to be Julian's. Why would she? So she'll pretend-believe that Ned is telling the truth and then feign indignation that he cheated on her.

• Love 2

The only bright spot to the Jasus Awakening is to see Patprick cast aside like yesterday's trash once Sam realizes its Jason. It will be a small token of retribution after the way he treated both Robin and Sabrina like shit. I love Jason Thompson, but can't stand Patprick.

Yup. There is nothing I'm looking forward to more than seeing Patrick's hypocritical, selfish ass cry. He thought Robin couldn't let go of Jason?

Haha. Hahahahaha. Haaaaaa.

• Love 11

Sonny looked like he was going to bite Spencer's head off in the previews. If that actually happened it could be a top 10 episode.

If that actually happened I might have to like Sonny for a day or two.

I need to lie down.

• Love 3

Sabrina would get a good bit out of marrying Micheal. Finally, she'd get her Prince Charming. Psssh Patrick was a crush, but Micheal is the real deal. Add in that she gets an instafamily that will love her because Michael loves her and it works. She gets a motherly figure in Monica, maybe Olivia (whom will be there thanks to plot ). She gets her fairy princess wedding as I'm sure Micheal will have a beautiful wedding, not invite Carly/Sonny on purpose (point Micheal ). And she gets to be mother figure to a beautiful baby girl.

But what about Ava being alive? You think opportunistic Ava wouldn't stop her kid from being adopted by Michael and Sabrina Quartermaine, knowing she can easily manipulate visitation and better council from them? Ava can definitely spin this in her favor, and Avery being a Quartermaine is better than Avery being a Corinthos.

• Love 5
Sabrina Quartermaine

That actress belongs in the same drawer as Levi and is only a step up from Kristina.  It's another nail in the Quartermaine coffin.  The only thing that I agree with you that might be beneficial is seeing Ava interacting with the Quartermaines (I mean Tracy).  The Quartermaines and the Hospital are TOAST under this regime (and its predecessor) who claims that they have been watching this show (well - maybe in a blackout) since the '80s.

• Love 4

I saw the french fries thing as a power game, not flirting.  And I also saw Duke butting in because Sloan grabbed Anna's arm, not because he was hitting on her.  I didn't see any sexual or flirtation thing between Anna and Sloan at all...more like a rivalry and/or intense dislike.

But then again, I think I saw that scene - and Duke and Anna's conversation after that - differently from a lot of folks here.

I saw it the same way.  When Sloan grabbed her hand, he was angry which is why Duke broke in..  After he left Duke tried to flirt and Anna shut him down.  

Knowing the lengths Jason went to protect Michael (however misguided those efforts were) and what I think was actual love Jason had for Michael, combined with Sam's love of Jason and her increasing distaste for Sonny, I would be surprised if she was anything but a Michael supporter.

Plus it would put a monkey wrench in the budding Carly/Sam friendship.  If Sam takes Michael's side over Carly when Carly just spend eleventy hours crying on Sam's shoulder about how mean Michael is and how much a great father Sonny is.  

What drives me the craziest is that every time someone says Sonny is the best father who loves his kids so very very much, no ones counter argument is that 'sure but he killed Michael's father'.  I know no one wants to remind the audience that that's a bad thing because Sean Kanan had the audacity to speak out, but still.  Michael is the only one who reminds us of that fact, and it's being played more as a reason to be on Sonny's side rather than against him.  

Edited by Perkie
  • Love 9
And she gets to be mother figure to a beautiful baby girl.

The very same baby she nearly killed.  

Add in that she gets an instafamily that will love her

Monica might accept her for Michael's sake but I don't see any of the Qs "loving" Sabrina, especially not Tracy. 

Michael was dating Kiki and acting as if she was "the one and only" for him and pretty much they all could have cared less. Being with Michael isn't going to suddenly earn Sabrina an "in" into the family, imo. 

And frankly, imo, Sabrina is not a step up from Kiki in the slightest.

If she ever attempts to roll the "R" in Tracy's name I see her getting coldcocked.

It's another nail in the Quartermaine coffin

I could not agree more. They are being buried alive right now while worthless slaggards get all the air time and attention.

Knowing the lengths Jason went to protect Michael (however misguided those efforts were) and what I think was actual love Jason had for Michael, combined with Sam's love of Jason and her increasing distaste for Sonny, I would be surprised if she was anything but a Michael supporter.

I'm going to reply to this in Jason's thread.

Edited by CPP83

Aww I'm pulling for Sabrina! Lady of the Quartermaine Mansion!

See it would be a good old fashioned soap story, if Michael and Sabrina fell in love but he married Kiki anyway to bolster his case for Avery. He could then "pull and Alan" and move Sabrina into the Gate House or across the lake like Alan did with Susan. Then eventually we get the "who killed Sabrina/Kiki story line" and real soap mystery, not Connie writing AJ in blood but a real whodunit, solved by Nathan and Dante, you know the COPS.

Yeah it will never happen

• Love 8

Not much of a power play - Anna picks a couple of fries off Sloane's plate, tells him she has his old job and he tells her to finish his lunch.  Sloane then picking off fries back to eat.  I don't see that as good flirting but I don't see any power play.   I also thought Sloane grabbed Anna's arm as a warning but Duke then said he didn't like seeing other men touch Anna and he never has.  He said it in a way that I thought was supposed to be flirting which failed.  Maybe he wasn't trying to be flirtatious.  Hard to tell with him.

And what kind of coup is it that Anna (who was a secret agent spy and becomes a small town police commissioner) takes a federal agent job that the new police commissioner used to have.  Are we to believe police commissioner is the most desirable?    If it's because the position directs an entire department, then federal agent isn't so great.  It's only because Anna can now turn the tables on Sloane and investigate him.  But she can be pulled at any time as she reports into many others.

I think the writers missed.  And the acting missed in this scene.

• Love 1

I think Jane wears her own clothes as well, at least some of the time.

....Maybe CT should take her shopping?

I know Duke isn't really popular here and I understand Robert/Anna>>>>Duke/Anna but I think IB is a good actor and the short scene with Duke and Anna had 10827347298 times more chemistry than half the show "frenchfry" scene with that douche Sloane. Plus there is no way Anna eats that many carbs. That alone took me out of the whole scene not to mention that grease slick on cro-magnon's 5 head. The man is not attractive nor a good actor.

Hee! Anna eating fries didn't ring true at all did it? (I wonder when the last time FH tasted french fries was?)

Yes, let me send you halfway around the world! muahahha!

Faison's hole would have been better

He should have made her live above Ruby's/ make her get a job if he really wanted to punish her. 

I know CT doesn't want to work full-time, and Helena is best in small doses but damn if I don't get a little sad when Helena leaves town. IRL I am the least fashion conscious person I know, but I live for watching CT/Helena strut around in her suits. Her suits and the matching accessories slay me, and woman can rock almost every color.  We just don't get that level of fashion on TV anymore, for the most part. Most of the cast dress like they shop at Target (nothing wrong with that, I just love old-school glam).

I always hate to see her leave too, but I might not love her as much if she was around all the time. 

Has CT ever done any press in regards to where she draws her inspiration for Helena from? Or where she gets those fab clothes? 

• Love 2

I often wonder why characters don't just say, "It's none of your business", when things like that come up.  And in a public place, right by the elevators!  Sheesh, how classless can you get!

• Love 4

Not much of a power play - Anna picks a couple of fries off Sloane's plate, tells him she has his old job and he tells her to finish his lunch.  Sloane then picking off fries back to eat.  I don't see that as good flirting but I don't see any power play.   I also thought Sloane grabbed Anna's arm as a warning but Duke then said he didn't like seeing other men touch Anna and he never has.  He said it in a way that I thought was supposed to be flirting which failed.  Maybe he wasn't trying to be flirtatious.  Hard to tell with him.

And what kind of coup is it that Anna (who was a secret agent spy and becomes a small town police commissioner) takes a federal agent job that the new police commissioner used to have.  Are we to believe police commissioner is the most desirable?    If it's because the position directs an entire department, then federal agent isn't so great.  It's only because Anna can now turn the tables on Sloane and investigate him.  But she can be pulled at any time as she reports into many others.

I think the writers missed.  And the acting missed in this scene.

I think it was an attempt to show a jockeying for power.  I'll just have to agree to disagree on that.  As for Duke...it looked to me as if Sloane was physically hurting Anna, grabbing her arm like that.  But, seeing as Duke is a mobster wannabe, he could have just reacted out of some other man grabbing his "possession".  I liked Duke and Anna, way back in the day, but I don't like the way he treats her now.

Being a federal agent, Anna has a lot more freedom to go after the bad guys - first the corruption in the local govt, then Sonny and Duke and all the rest of the idiot mobsters.  I would like to see Anna take on the lot of them, and for Duke to get some morals and a backbone, and stop being Sonny's lapdog.  Ugh.  That character is wasted in that role.

Sabrina would get a good bit out of marrying Micheal. Finally, she'd get her Prince Charming. Psssh Patrick was a crush, but Micheal is the real deal. Add in that she gets an instafamily that will love her because Michael loves her and it works. She gets a motherly figure in Monica, maybe Olivia (whom will be there thanks to plot ). She gets her fairy princess wedding as I'm sure Micheal will have a beautiful wedding, not invite Carly/Sonny on purpose (point Micheal ). And she gets to be mother figure to a beautiful baby girl.

But what about Ava being alive? You think opportunistic Ava wouldn't stop her kid from being adopted by Michael and Sabrina Quartermaine, knowing she can easily manipulate visitation and better council from them? Ava can definitely spin this in her favor, and Avery being a Quartermaine is better than Avery being a Corinthos.

That's a great idea for a storyline...so, of course, it will never come to pass.  I agree with you wholeheartedly, and it would be a nice change from Sabrina being pushed into the "go-to listener" role.  I would like to see what more this actress can do.

• Love 3

See it would be a good old fashioned soap story, if Michael and Sabrina fell in love but he married Kiki anyway to bolster his case for Avery. He could then "pull and Alan" and move Sabrina into the Gate House or across the lake like Alan did with Susan. Then eventually we get the "who killed Sabrina/Kiki story line" and real soap mystery, not Connie writing AJ in blood but a real whodunit, solved by Nathan and Dante, you know the COPS.

Yeah it will never happen

I would like to see that, too, and also something about Sabrina being from another culture and the issues that some narrow-minded people (particularly the audience) would have with her hooking up with Michael.  Then maybe people would, oh I dunno, stop making veiled hateful racist remarks about how she speaks. 

That kind of shit makes my blood boil.  In fact, I would LOVE it if Sabrina and Carlos occasionally spoke in Spanish to one another, when they don't want others (like the cops, maybe) to know what they're saying.  If for nothing else but to stick it to the anti-Hispanic crowd.  And maybe get some crossover audience from people who watch novellas - GH could do worse than to pick up some new fans.

• Love 5
the budding Carly/Sam friendship.

Just because Sam showed Carly some empathy doesn't mean there's a friendship brewing. Carly doesn't have any friendships with women. 

Sabrina being from another culture

Rolling one's r's is hardly "being from another culture." Seriously, that's about as deep as it goes. 

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 9