Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I find Baby Daddy cute and funny and Derek Theler is hot, so I'm down for this ep. Maybe the guest stars will distract me from the awful that is this show most days. Plus, Spinelli comes back today, so I deserve a little shirtless Derek Theler dammit!

Edited by peachmangosteen

In semi-related news, I wish I was more interested in the Lucas/Brad/Julian stuff coming up today, but I'm guessing it's going to be another one-day story for them.  Like the episode where Brad came over to meet Bobbie and we found out about Lucas' medical degree.

I find Baby Daddy cute and funny and Derek Theler is hot, so I'm down for this ep. Maybe the guest stars will distract me from the awful that is this show most days. Plus, Spinelli comes back today, so I deserve a little shirtless Derek Theler dammit!

hee I was just going to reply "well I'm a little excited to see that tall blond guy". I mean, you know, excited is a strong word, especially cause I'm a weirdo who usually thinks people look better with clothes on than strutting around shirtless, but my eyes plan to take some enjoyment from it.

The way I understood that scene, Luke was telling Lulu that if Helena brainwashed him, it was ages ago, before Julian knew him. So Julian has known only the brainwashed Luke.  I thought he was trying to get Lulu to see that he hasn't been real Luke for a long, long time. But who knows? This story has been a mess from the get-go.

I took it as, did Luke asking Lulu did she really want the brainwashing theory to be true, because if he was brainwashed, it had been for a long time, and that meant all their father/daughter moments weren't real.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4

I am not on Team Kiki.  She's an idiot.  I'm not on Team Sonny either.  Both of those teams do not deserve to be anywhere near a child.  Kiki has convenient amnesia every time she starts judging someone else for things that her own family is equally guilty of.  I can't take her defense of Ava, as if Ava was a paragon of virtue.  Her "I can't help but think my mother would be rolling over in her grave if Sonny had Avery."  She conveniently forgets that her mother started EVERYTHING that went down between Sonny, Michael, and herself.  Her mother is a murdering murderer who murders.  If Ava WERE still alive, she should not be allowed anywhere near a child herself.  Ava is the female Sonny in every way.  The way she's selfish, the way she goes from guy to guy, the way she doesn't think anything she does should be held against her.

Kiki's defense of Ava was laughable. I guess she forgot Ava was in prison right along with Sonny. They're both lying selfish murdering mobsters. If Sonny isn't fit to raise Avery then neither is precious Ava, but I doubt she'll sue her mother for custody once she miraculously comes back from the dead. STFU you dumb baboon. Team Drop Avery Off At The Local Fire Department.

Translation:  I've been interested in Jake for months, and you've given me the excuse I want to pursue him.  If things fail with him, I'll go chase after Nikolas again."

And when things don't work out with Nik she'll go running back to Ric or start sniffing around Jason again.

• Love 1

I like Scott because of Kin, I can sense Kin through even Scott's too-much bluster sometimes. I just think of "shuffleboard is well and alive in south florida" and I start cracking up no matter what scott is doing. Maybe cause I can picture Scott running a similar twitter.

"Stupid Spencer girl wants immunity for Hel C. No way toots"

"Corinthos out and drinking columbian coffee. he should get indigestion. also #notmyfault"

"Spencer crazier than I thought."

"Metro Court only serves bagels till 10 am. please fix this Carly."

• Love 11

I like Scott because of Kin, I can sense Kin through even Scott's too-much bluster sometimes. I just think of "shuffleboard is well and alive in south florida" and I start cracking up no matter what scott is doing. Maybe cause I can picture Scott running a similar twitter.

"Stupid Spencer girl wants immunity for Hel C. No way toots"

"Corinthos out and drinking columbian coffee. he should get indigestion. also #notmyfault"

"Spencer crazier than I thought."

"Metro Court only serves bagels till 10 am. please fix this Carly."

This would be so much better than Ron's twitter feed. I wonder why no one has thought to have the characters tweet each other yet, and let us in on what they are saying, it seems it would right in Ron's wheelhouse

• Love 1
I like that they write Sonny unable to be without a woman. It makes it easier to deal with the women who can't be without a man. I know it's a soap, and pairing people up is status quo, but the women are usually more desperate about it.

The scenes with Carly were a joke, though, and I didn't like how LW was playing them. I can't quite put my finger on what bothered me—the smug, of course, but there was also something else.

It's the simpering smile as Sonny holds baby Avery. The heck, woman? There should be a hint of wariness or restraint in that smile. Forget about the violence and Sonny's skills as a father. Would a woman like Carly be so wholeheartedly happy at her fiftysomething lover holding a new baby that he had with a woman he hated and the way the baby was conceived was a horrible emotional blow to their younger son? (I know, I know, what younger son? There is only Zuul!)

But yeah, take it down a notch with the ecstasy, Carly. You and sonny aren't the Brady bunch. You're not even friggin Modern Family.

"Buffet at Lizard Lounge is primo. #chickenwingsforthewin"

"Though about visiting Franco at nuthouse.  Watched "Cupcake Wars" instead. #crazyforcupcakes"

"also #wasteofgoodlsd"

• Love 11

Is it too much to hope the show knew what it was doing today, in the odiousness of Sonny and Carly, that they've finally turned it around and we were supposed to hate them rather than love them unconditionally, as during the Guza years?

Yeah, probably.  ::sigh::

It was truly appalling that neither one of them even had the thought enter their heads that maybe the young woman who has essentially been Avery's mother since she was born would need some time to say goodbye to her, that maybe Avery would need that, too.  And don't even get me started on them just leaving that thing Kiki made downstairs, that smell of Ava and probably Kiki, since she made it, in favor of that stupid nightlight that means nothing to Avery.  But, then, it's not about Avery, is it, it's all about Sonny and Carly.  The two of them really ought to just build that shrine to Michael already.  Of course, it'd have to be smaller than the ones they build for themselves, but still...

I actually think this was really well-done, showing their awfulness.  Tell me you meant it, show!

Team Kiki, all the way, on this one.  I don't care if she and Michael get back together romantically or not, but they really ought to join forces and work together.  The enemy of my enemy and all that.

I will stand up and say that I enjoy Ryan Paevey as Nathan.  No, he's not setting the stage on fire, nor will he be winning any awards anytime soon, but I do feel he's improved a lot since he's been on the show and really did well today, particularly.  (Maxie is a dunderhead.)  And, sometimes, I really appreciate his calm low-keyness in scenes.  We've certainly got enough hambones already.

Sonny and Carly treated Kiki like she was their Saturday night babysitter. They suck.

• Love 9

What sucks is that I've always wanted Carly to treat Kiki like dirt.  It made no sense to me that she was so cool with her, after everything that went down with Morgan and Michael.  So, of course, Ron gives me what I want in a situation where I don't want it.

• Love 3
I took it as, did Luke asking Lulu did she really want the brainwashing theory to be true, because if he was brainwashed, it had been for a long time, and that meant all their father/daughter moments weren't real.

Yes, this is what I meant. Thank you, ulkis, for making sense of my gibberish.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1

It's the simpering smile as Sonny holds baby Avery. The heck, woman? There should be a hint of wariness or restraint in that smile. Forget about the violence and Sonny's skills as a father. Would a woman like Carly be so wholeheartedly happy at her fiftysomething lover holding a new baby that he had with a woman he hated and the way the baby was conceived was a horrible emotional blow to their younger son? (I know, I know, what younger son? There is only Zuul!)

At least she is consistent.  She chose to bang Sonny in the first place knowing all that so why care now?

This would be so much better than Ron's twitter feed. I wonder why no one has thought to have the characters tweet each other yet, and let us in on what they are saying, it seems it would right in Ron's wheelhouse

Nah, it would take some of the attention from Ron's twitter, so it will never happen.

• Love 2

Poor Avery, she is going to have a very hard life. Both her parents are murders and the circumstances of her conception is truly ugly. I hope that she never finds out about that.

For real.  Imagine finding out that you were the result of guilt/hate sex IN A CRYPT and that your mother was cheating on your half-brother at the time of conception.

But again, I'm still pretty sure Morgan's going to turn out to be the dad somehow.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

Poor Avery, she is going to have a very hard life. Both her parents are murders and the circumstances of her conception is truly ugly. I hope that she never finds out about that.

Back when this was a real soap, she would eventually find out, the same way Lucky found out about the rape, it would be filled with heartache and emotions, especially if she ends up being raised by Michael, she would feel torn that her birth so desecrated his beloved father's grave. Confrontations with Sonny, now old and weak as the many times he has been shot take a toll on his body, Ava, now living in New York and working at Ryan's, Port Charles and the drama of all of it behind her, and Carly and Morgan. It would bring tears and healing, it would be good soap writing.

But this is not longer a real soap, this is Camp, and it will be played for laughs, because Ron writes like a ten year old boy, watching Batman 66

Edited by Fylaki
  • Love 4

No-one (on screen) is worried what Helena wrote on the paper?  They release her and let her go free without checking to see if the 'deprogramming' works?  And now, fLuke (which to me stands for ohfuckitsLukeSpencer now), and Jake are going on a field trip together to get deprogrammed?  Will random sub for Kevin be performing this?  The stupid, it burns.

fLuke must be a twin or something.  There's no way it's as simple as he was always Luke and just got cranky and evil.  Story needs to end.  And soon.

Ric looked hot in court but he looked short next to Jake.  Nic was looking good too.  Even Sonny looks better.  Not grooving on new Sloane.  Maybe the first one wasn't the best actor but I'm not getting any good acting or good looks from this one.  And this one is much older which doesn't fit in with the protege story we got.

If the show had an acting coach, they need to teach an emotion other than smug.

Nathan was pretty spot on yesterday. Maxie really didn't care about Georgie at all, she doesn't care than Nathan is again lying to protect her not going to jail and not losing visitation. She proved Judge Walters right by her reckless actions.

Kiki should have told Carly to shut up she has no business involved with anything at all regarding Avery. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 4

Again, I'm going to need people to stop disparaging the 1960s "Batman" show.  That show was awesome and fun!

My wrist feels the sting of the slap and I deserve it, you are absolutely right

What sucks is that I've always wanted Carly to treat Kiki like dirt.  It made no sense to me that she was so cool with her, after everything that went down with Morgan and Michael.  So, of course, Ron gives me what I want in a situation where I don't want it.

I'm almost certain Ron includes that in the "Special Skills" section of his resume. 

• Love 2

Oh fuck, Felix!  Talk about your Friday the 13th scare!  But it amuses me greatly that, once the centerpiece of Ron's attempts at giving "General Hospital" a gay canvas, he's now been reduced to a talk-to for Brad.

I know it's wrong, but Brad's casual mentions of being chucked off the parapet always make me smile.

• Love 8

That song playing at the beginning of the episode was...I felt like I was trapped in a Hallmark store.

Little Harper really does look like her mother, a very adorable munchkin she is indeed and she certainly is a talker, heh, it must run in the family

Though who decided to style her hair like a baby girl Alfalfa?

She was certainly getting busy trying to rip her mum's earring out of her head, heh, it hardly ever pays to wear things which dangle around a baby. Obviously Kirsten figured that out because she took them out in their later scenes.

Sam actually had civil scenes with Julian, I almost thought I was being "P'unked". It'd still be rather nice if they would actually let us see this little family grow and bond together and get closer but I'll take whatever crumbs I'm thrown at this point. 

Either Parry is pocket sized or that new doctor is a giant, holy cow the size difference was quite...much. He really was towering over pretty much everyone. Kelly looked like a eight year old next to him.

And maybe it was just me but she seemed to sparkle with him in all the five seconds they'd gotten to know each other and yet with Patrick I still get nada zip on the chemistry scale with those two. Though that probably has something to do with the fact I think he's a world class asshole.

Melissa certainly was chewing that accent to bits. And of course the 'Oven Wars' gag tied to her.

Good lord I'd hoped that Felix had gotten eaten by a sewer crocodile...why did you have to bust my dream bubble, Ron? Why? Bastard. 

Lucas and Brad are going to kill my heart...they're too much. 

• Love 3

Sam wore that dress before, I think with Silas or McBain? I remember her wearing it because I have it. lol

I saw the pilot episode of Cristela, so I recognized that girl with Nathan but all the other guest stars I have never seen their shows or know who they are. 

Spinelli being back and already encouraging Maxie's behavior reminds me of why I hated him. Enabling her criminal behavior when she spent a year trying to prove herself with a judge and the only reason she got this visitation is because of Nathan and now she has him again lying to cover for her. Neither Maxie or Spinelli should be parents. 

Wasn't that KS and BB's real baby? That wasn't the original Georgie was it?

• Love 2

What a boring episode.

Sam has def. worn that dress before. I love it. I like when soaps reuse clothes. 

Harper the baby was more interested in taking her mothers jewelry off. It looked like she almost ripped her ear off at one point. Poor Kristen.

Of course Olivia is preggers. Dante get ready yet another half sib. :)

Plllleeassse no Nathan/Maxie/Spinelli triangle. But I must say, KSt's baby is beautiful.

Amused by the trashy friend of 'Liv' insulting Brookelynn when not realizing her dad's sitting right there. She's spot-on about BL.  I'm usually an Alexis fan, but today is one of those days she totally sucks. And Ned, I hope you've finally pulled your head out of the sand. Also, the show did a good job of masking Lisa's pregnancy with that dress. Good reactionary face there with the pregnancy news.

I'm quite surprised Julian got to have a scene with both his kids. KeMo looks lovely in that dress. Still can't stand Brad, so Lucas' grand gesture did nothing for me, but I believed Lucas so good acting there. 

• Love 2

Again, I'm going to need people to stop disparaging the 1960s "Batman" show.  That show was awesome and fun!

My dad worked on that show :D   He was an optical effects cameraman and did all the biffs, bams, and pows.  As well as all the other cheesy effects.  

Trying not to hurl at the Sonny and Carly happy family scenes.  The only way this situation is made of win is if they lose custody.  Bonus if Jax finds out about it and takes Joss.  Jax only allowed shared custody without major legal battle because Carly wasn't with Sonny.  Now that the rules have changed...

Edited by Reo
  • Love 15

Ahahaha poor Olivia. The look on her face was classic.

As was the squint Julian sent Alexis' way when she told him she wanted to be with him. (I'm not a deVry fan, to be honest . . . except the joy he gives me in his twitter antics)

Although I have to wonder, when Olivia's friend said Olivia sleeping with Julian was the Olivia she remembered - wasn't Olivia basically celibate after she had Dante? How many freaking men was she sleeping at the age of 15 and before?!!?

The Cristela actress kinda has charisma but those were the most muted scenes between her and Nathan ever. I needed a car horn to liven it up a bit.

poor Felix. I like Brad but why the hell was he confiding in FELIX about all that?

Baby daddy dude was hot, but I buy him as a doctor as much as I would Morgan.

Ugh in my world Spin and Ellie are still together in Portland. And um mumblemumble Ikindaforgot howunattractiveSpinis.mumble mumble. These are the choices for Maxie? 

• Love 1

I like Brad but why the hell was he confiding in FELIX about all that?

Britt's out of town?

Hey Britt, what did you think of Lucas confessing his love for Brad?

tumblr_n5hg6e4tPz1sopfhpo1_400.gif

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 10

My biggest problem with maxie is how everyone enables her.She's getting as bad as Carly.Why in the world isn't she forced to get a job why is mac and Felicia giving her an allowance.I'm not even a big Lulu fan but maxie didn't even have to fight to get her friendship back.

• Love 6

My wrist feels the sting of the slap and I deserve it, you are absolutely right

My avatar and I thank you. (I really wanted to use an "Eeyow!" with a tongue coming out of the "o," but I couldn't find a gif of it. Sad trombone.)

My dad worked on that show :D   He was an optical effects cameraman and did all the biffs, bams, and pows.  As well as all the other cheesy effects.

This is the most awesome thing I've read on the Interwebs all week.

I know it's wrong, but Brad's casual mentions of being chucked off the parapet always make me smile.

I think he can't quite believe it happened, so amusement isn't totally out of place.

Of course Olivia is preggers.

*goes into rage blackout*

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3

Seriously, when Maxie said she was going to take her shopping, I was like WITH WHAT MONEY MAXIE. 

And yes, everyone is always like "oh no Maxie you have such a good heart!" How about "Maxie, you have a good heart but you gotta stop being an idiot?" And I'm soooooo sick of Maxie babbling how she messed up everything yet again. Just let her be unapologetic about it already. She should be like "yeah, I helped out Johnny. You don't like, I don't know what to tell you."

• Love 8
Baby daddy dude was hot, but I buy him as a doctor as much as I would Morgan.

He is supposedly a plastic surgeon, I think that's what Patrick said, so I could buy that, he isn't a brain surgeon or anything.

I actually thought for a moment there they would tie him to Jake somehow, that he was part of the team who fixed his face, so he and Sam could of course suddenly  have a whole conversation about Doe.  

• Love 1
Of course Olivia is preggers.

*goes into rage blackout*

I kinda am amused by it, because this means Rocco has TWO aunts/uncles who are younger than him, and also Olivia probably wanted more kids but her teen pregnancy left her in a position to not find a relationship for a long time. But I get your rage, since the show is also littered with baby stories and they probably only did this because LLC is pregnant.

• Love 2

Previews...well, I can rest assured in the knowledge I will hate Kristen Alderson's last scenes.  I liked Todd and Starr too, but Kiki going to see Franco and them having some gooey scene is dumb fan service.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

Harper Barash might be the best thing to happen to this show... I'm not a baby person (and very comfortable saying it) but I think it's a riot she was pulling on those earrings with serious devotion, and now, Maxie/KStu isn't wearing them...

• Love 3

The one and only thing that I can muster up as being a "positive" with Olivia being pregnant is that unless they rewrite shit like there's no tomorrow, which this crew of slaggards very well could, but unless they do there can't be a WTD storyline. The only possible father is Julian due to the timeline.

But that's pretty much all I have that makes this less painful, at least for me. Another baby is so very unnecessary on this show. They need to cut numbers, not keep adding all these Mobster bred babies that will be related to 3/4 of the entire town.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 3

Previews...well, I can rest assured in the knowledge I will hate Kristen Alderson's last scenes.  I liked Todd and Starr too, but Kiki going to see Franco and them having some gooey scene is dumb fan service.

I'm kind of amused Ron didn't give one last scene between KA and CD, but also annoyed because no one gives a fuck about Frodd and fake Starr.*

*Okay, I know there are 5 of you.

• Love 4