Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

You know who else's reaction to Sonny's release we're missing?  Duke's.  How does he feel about being demoted back to mob flunkie?  Will he continue to live at Sonny's house, "The Odd Couple"-style?  How will he feel about Sonny and Julian now being BFFs?

OK, I'd kinda like that.  Duke and his tea box.  Both of them staring at a box of Pampers. 

I thought Scotty looked good yesterday compared to the last several months. 

Besides a solid fashion sense, what are Maxie's redeeming qualities?  Spinelli, Nathan and Felicia keep talking about how giving she is and her good heart.  Maybe it's there, but I see more of a me-first perpetual teenager.  She doesn't even listen most of the time to others when they talk.

That scene between Scott and Lulu, yesterday, convinced me that this Fluke story won't end with the reveal that Helena brainwashed Luke. Lulu is going to go to the wall, believing they can de-program Luke, only to learn this is DID or something else innate in Luke and she won't have Helena to blame. Helena just seized the opportunity to exploit Luke's illness/issue/dark-side, once she realized she could.

Agreed.  I thought Helena got that 'aha!' look when Tracy claimed Luke must be under her control and Helena saw it as her ticket out.

• Love 5

Someone really, really, really needs to give the writers an intensive course in GH history.  Don't the writers have some sort of character compendium to guide them in writing dialog for the players?  If they don't, they need one, a big one.

I have nothing against Rebecca Budig-I am neither impressed by her, nor do I dislike her-but I'm beyond tired of  them bringing on more actors and then wasting them.

In the almost twelve years since she's been back, Jane Elliot still has not yet been the focus of her front burner storyline. (while TG continually gets material, but I digress). Leslie C hasn't had a sl in years, Lynn Herring Ian B and others all brought back and misused.

They should first prove they can use the people they have. If they can't do that, why should we get excited over yet another new character?

• Love 8
I have nothing against Rebecca Budig-I am neither impressed by her, nor do I dislike her-but I'm beyond tired of  them bringing on more actors and then wasting them.

Wait, what?? Rebecca Budig has been cast? I didn't care much for her last go-round as Greenlee, but I think she is one of the cutest people on the planet and she and Leo were to die for.

Maybe Liz and Nikolas are meant to be together because they were both acting like assholes today.  I guess Ric will be drowning his sorrows alongside Scotty at the Lizard Lounge.

Poor Morgan, Sonny and Carly's vision of life together included Avery, and maybe Michael, but not the son they biologically share.  Also, I'm not sure I buy Carly being so eager to raise another woman's child.

Have no sympathy for Maxie.

• Love 6

Maxie, I reallllllyyyyy hope Nathan dumps your ass. The offended look she gave him when he said she's an accessory to Johnny's crimes made me want to see her in a cell. Yes Maxie, you are a bad mother. The answer, Nathan, is that Maxie is still very immature and doesn't think about consequences. 

Lulu, I think it's pretty clear your daddy is unmoved by/uninterested in your anger and disgust. "Simpering spawn" ... Lulu, just walk away. And your father was never a hero. Sheesh. For the love of... stop calling 'Jake' toy soldier. It's really annoying.

Sonny thinks he and Carly are going to raise Avery and be a family, and Carly's shedding tears of happiness. Please Jax, sue for full custody of Josslyn. Carly, it's none of your business why Kiki has Alexis in her own home. I will assume many wanted to smack her for her parting line to Kiki. Those two are so disgusting with the 'home, where you belong' stuff. Sonny clearly thinks his new possession is going to be a great part of his life. That last shot, of him leaving the scent of Ava blanket downstairs was good directing. Ava who? No, Carly is your mommy now.  

Elizabeth, you have been naive about Ric. Glad you finally bought a clue re: his actions and jealousy of 'Jake.' That line about feeling like she knows Jake better than she knows Ric made me roll my eyes. Ric did not get a personality transplant while he was away, Liz.

• Love 6

Maxie...when she put her hair up did her brain fall out of the back of her head?

Seriously...Nathan is spouting logic and truth at her, that in helping Johnny she broke the law and could pay a heavy price and yet she gets a "'tude" because he reminded her that unless he helps to cover up her stupidity she would miss out on seeing Georgie because her dumb ass would be in jail.

Lulu ranting at terrorLuke made me want them both shot.

Nik is a rat and should be tossed into a hole with his demented granny and terrorLuke and then they all may be buried alive in cement.

At least giant baby Avery made an appearance.

Tomorrow looks sort of promising, a father and son talk between Lucas and Julian and Brad running into a wall of abs.

• Love 2

Again, Team Kiki! I almost teared up when she was talking about Avery's blanket made out of Ava's pillows. I thought it was sweet. Regardless if Kiki ends up with any custody at all, Sonny should not be around children. Period. Avery is much safer and better off living and being raised by her older sister and a doctor, instead of some mobster/murderer (!!!) and his side piece.

Also, Team Nathan. I don't have much of an opinion on Naxie either way, but I'm starting to agree that Nathan can do better than her. It's such a lop-sided relationship. She will bring him nothing but irritation and mishap and might end up costing him his career one day. And yes Maxie, you are a shit mother, a very selfish, short-sighted person, and very low on intelligence in general. Ugh, this rant is taking me back to the surrogacy days wherein each and every day she justified to herself and whoever else knew that she was carrying her own child that it was the right thing to do and why she couldn't just open her fucking mouth and tell Dante and Lulu the truth from the beginning. She's so goddamn stupid. 

• Love 9

I seriously hope that Helena punked them and put the Contra Cheat Code on there. I need the story over, but I kinda want a fieldtrip to play video games.

I cannot wait until Nikolas realizes that (GASP!) Helena has double-crossed him/everybody.

• Love 6

Damn it, RP wasn't that bad today, no unintentional comedy for me today. Except at the end where he was supposed to convey disappointment and his voice sounded the same monotone. But he didn't do too badly with the anger part.

I think Lulu's daddy issues may be worse than Dante's. At least Sonny seems to like him. I can't say it's not in character but I wish she just left him in the cell in the middle of his crap.

Why is Tony Geary deciding to almost slur all his words. I'm so sick of his awful acting.

Liz, before last year, hadn;t spoken to Ric in about a decade, so I have to laugh at her "it's like I don't know you at all". You don't, silly goose.

Avery was so cute playing with Sonny's jacket. That said, it was such a dick move how he was like, "okay, Bye." I guess he didn't know what else to do but surely there was some slightly more graceful way to exit.

"This was Michael's nightlight." Michael Michael Michael. Jesus, poor Morgan. Did he even have a room or did they stuff him in a box with some gluesticks? (which he of course ate.)

Grayson McCouch looked like he was on the verge of tears in some of his scenes. Yeah, welcome to the inferno buddy. And boo, I wanted to see Helena with reading glasses on.

Ugh, I hate it when they have Olivia in super flail mode, and meeting fake friends/relatives.

Maxie, I reallllllyyyyy hope Nathan dumps your ass. The offended look she gave him when he said she's an accessory to Johnny's crimes made me want to see her in a cell. Yes Maxie, you are a bad mother. The answer, Nathan, is that Maxie is still very immature and doesn't think about consequences. 

Lulu, I think it's pretty clear your daddy is unmoved by/uninterested in your anger and disgust. "Simpering spawn" ... Lulu, just walk away. And your father was never a hero. Sheesh. For the love of... stop calling 'Jake' toy soldier. It's really annoying.

She should have walked away from him the moment he called her kid a slobbering infant. Screw whether he's brainwashed or not, really. Let Fluke/Luke bow to himself and his imaginary audience.

I never thought I'd see the day where scotty is the least corrupt person in the office.It used to be the opposite.

I actually felt sorry for Kiki.

I liked Scott's response to Ric's extremely lame insult about strippers.

• Love 6

It is worth interrupting GH for even if the press conference is of the POTUS sneezing. Nevermind topics of national security. 

Just to clarify, I am a news junkie and understand the importance of national security and what's going on in the world. I apologize for snarking on the press conference because I broke my self-imposed rule of never bringing politics here, which is why I deleted/edited my original post about a minute or two after I posted it (you're fast, you beat me to my edit :D ).

I was cranky from being stuck in the house with bronchitis going on four weeks now so I lashed out without thinking, as soon as I reread what I wrote I edited it immediately because as I said, I don't like to be political in an inappropriate place and I realize that we all have our own opinions on politics and the state of the world. I'm sorry if I offended anyone with my 'now-it's-here, now-it's-gone' post. <<extends hand in apology, reminds self to keep all political thoughts away from television discussions, considers letting my cat William post whenever I'm cranky and sick>> :)

=^..^=

• Love 2

Again, Team Kiki! I almost teared up when she was talking about Avery's blanket made out of Ava's pillows. I thought it was sweet. Regardless if Kiki ends up with any custody at all, Sonny should not be around children. Period. Avery is much safer and better off living and being raised by her older sister and a doctor, instead of some mobster/murderer (!!!) and his side piece.

It is a sad sad day when this is the truth (the Kiki part).At this point Nina (sans Franco) would have made a better parent than Sonny.  I just hate that Sonny can just return to  life after killing AJ and gets to collect his "prize" of Avery after mere months. I think part of it is his getting one over on Ava, since his older girl child indicated he didn't pay much attention to her when it no longer caused Alexis pain. Even if turns out that Morgan is the father, he still gets one more living biological descendent. That makes a total of 5 so far vs Monica's   and Scott's one each (I refuse to count Franco. Heather is lying. That he isn't his kid). 

• Love 4
Also, I'm not sure I buy Carly being so eager to raise another woman's child.

It's not about raising Avery, it's about Carly being able to crow about what a good person she is for helping raise another woman's child. Bonus points that it's a woman she and Sonny hate and he has tried to kill multiple times. Look at how noble Carly is to put aside her feelings for the terrible mother! She's such a giver!

I cannot wait until Nikolas realizes that (GASP!) Helena has double-crossed him/everybody.

I look forward to his self-righteous indignation. It always cracks me up when he gets on his high horse with Helena. Dude, you're the idiot who throws in your lot with her in the first place.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 7

This Luke clusterfuck needs to end.  It's terrible on every level.  And could they make Nikolas and Lulu any more stupid? 

And why again was Billy Miller necessary?  I have nothing against the guy, but all I get from him is bewilderment at what he's supposed to be playing.  Not his fault, of course, because he's also got to be wondering what the hell his point is on the show.

Maxie is as bad as Sonny in that she never learns, never grows, never thinks about the consequences of her actions, and then has the nerve to get shitty when called on it.  She's horrible.

Sonny and Carly are vultures.  I hate them so much.

• Love 11

This is a story involving characters with a complex history. It's not a training film on how to treat rape survivors.

Cool story. I know what that history is and it doesn't make me side-eye Scott any less just because it's in character for him. It just makes me think he's kinda basic.  And, no one's asking for a rape survivor training film if they point out Laura's continued victimization. As if this show uses its history properly or if it resembles a complex nuanced narrative lmao. 

As to the show today, I continue to hate everything to do with Fluke and with Jake. I'm glad that they're in cells next to each other so that I can FF them both at the same time. Ric looks good, though.

Maxie's hair looks stupid as hell. I think I liked Nathan and his earnestness for a minute when he brought up Georgie.

I'm not a baby person at all but Sonny holding that innocent baby just seems gross. 

Edited by loveigniting
  • Love 3

Dude we are not reliving the Ballot Box episode. No. That shit was terrible. If we had a top 10 worst episode list of the past 6 months, it'd be on it. Too much bullshit, too much Duke, and too much Spencer.

So I suppose Billy Miller will film more jail scenes than Mo. Well, way to use your big gets Ron. One is in the mental ward and one's in jail. And still the Sonny stands free.

And yes, all the talk of Micheal and his nightlight make me wonder what did Morgan have? A pillow?

• Love 1

Sonny and Carly are so gross together.

I hope that Duke moves back to the hotel because if he doesn't he will get stuck with a lot of baby sitting duty. I don't think that Sonny will ever change a diaper.

• Love 5

When Sonny said he wanted to give Avery the father she deserves, I screamed at the tv, "Call Jax, fuckface!"

And yes, all the talk of Micheal and his nightlight make me wonder what did Morgan have? A pillow?

Morgan had a dirty washcloth he kept beside his rickety cot in the leaky basement. Carly and Sonny swear it was his favorite thing ever.

Maxie never used to be this stupid. Nathan was speaking English, but her expressions were the same as every dog I've seen wondering why their owner is mad it chewed some slippers.

• Love 20

Dear God, could Sonny and Carly have been any more terrifying when they showed up to snatch, I mean, take Avery? Those ghoulish grins would frighten any child. It was like Hansel and Gretel, I tell you. I worried that they were planning on Avery soup for dinner, that's how scary they were. (Note: MB continues to be freaking adorable whenever he's holding Baby Awesome.)

KA brought some game today, which was a nice change. Too bad I was at work because when Alexis said "you have to ask yourself if it's better for this child to be raised as a Corinthos" it begged to have "NO!" shouted back.

Characters like Nathan never have an easy time. Being Dudley Doright in a town of mobsters, serial killers and loons is a thankless task and a recipe for boring. So I feel a little bad that Nathan makes my eyelids very, very heavy. I wonder if I would feel that way if he was holding Baby Awesome?

• Love 8

Dude. I had a washcloth as a kid too. I went through this weird thing at like 3 and my parents said I carried it everywhere. I called it Clothy. One day Clothy met a mud puddlr and they said I never wanted to play with him again. My brothers still mess with me about it. They had freaking nightlights. Assholes.

But um anyway, I uh I actually liked Maxie's flannel shirt. They just styled it wrong.

• Love 5

I just hate that Sonny can just return to  life after killing AJ and gets to collect his "prize" of Avery after mere months.

Avery is the female Michael. She is to Carly what Michael is to Sonny, and Ava is the new AJ. I just hope Michael sees that these two hideous people are about to do to that baby what was done to him and intervenes. I am not usually a fan of custody stories but I so hope Michael swoops in marries Kiki for convenience and then uses all of the power of the Q's to take Avery from the Loathsome duo.

• Love 14

Jasus must have the cleanest ass in town with Liz, Carly AND Sam all now licking it.

STFU Maxie.

Emme was really good today, and I liked the dialogue and spirit of the Lulu/Lewq scenes, but Tony played it all way too cartooney. It was better than a lot of his work the last few weeks, but he's still playing to Neptune and forgetting we're all sitting approximately 15 feet from the tv.

Can someone please explain to me as if I'm the spawn of Carly Spencer & Sonny Corinthos, how is it that KA finally learns to act on her last or second to last day on the show?!? And it's not just that Keeks is anti-Sonny. KA did some legitimately good work today, particularly with NLG.

I don't want to start any rumors, but did LW look a little different, particularly in the eye area, to anyone else? Maybe it was just lighting and make-up.

I can't believe Nik freely admitted to Scotty that he stole the election. I know Scotty & Anna don't have the greatest relationship and he isn't exactly a paragon of ethics, but are we really supposed to believe he wouldn't tell someone that Nik is now controlling the Mayor and presumably the Commissioner as well?

• Love 10

This Luke clusterfuck needs to end.  It's terrible on every level.  And could they make Nikolas and Lulu any more stupid?

Sonny and Carly are vultures.  I hate them so much.

I don't think Lulu was dumb today. I get why she thinks brainwashing. It's just that I don't even think regular non-crazy Luke is worth saving at this point.

Sonny and Carly are GH's version of the Thenardiers. (the innkeepers from Les Miserables) They just keep going being their awful selves while everyone else falls around them. Which makes Morgan Eponine, which kinda works.

And why again was Billy Miller necessary?  I have nothing against the guy, but all I get from him is bewilderment at what he's supposed to be playing.  Not his fault, of course, because he's also got to be wondering what the hell his point is on the show.

I think having Jason wander around town for 5 months with amnesia proves how much the character was not needed back yet. You know whose absence is a gaping hole and BM would have been good for? Rhymes with Bucky.

Characters like Nathan never have an easy time. Being Dudley Doright in a town of mobsters, serial killers and loons is a thankless task and a recipe for boring. So I feel a little bad that Nathan makes my eyelids very, very heavy. I wonder if I would feel that way if he was holding Baby Awesome?

I like good characters, but they have to be played by good actors or there's no spark or life behind them. And the poor guy playing Nathan, while trying, just doesn't have enough talent to make it work. I do think letting Nathan hold Avery would improve him a bit. Everyone should get a turn.

• Love 5

Can someone please explain to me as if I'm the spawn of Carly Spencer & Sonny Corinthos, how is it that KA finally learns to act on her last or second to last day on the show?!? And it's not just that Keeks is anti-Sonny. KA did some legitimately good work today, particularly with NLG.

• It is her last acting hurrah, so I bet she is trying to finish strong.
  • NLG is a good person screen partner. 
  • She doesn't defend Franco
  • The writing is slightly better and less ADD.

How Kiki has been portrayed over the last few days is what should have been the core of her character all along. Instead of lying to Michael and Morgan and being the knower of inappropiate secrets, she should have been someone that grew wary of the mob. There was a scene after Michael killed someone at his apartment, where Kiki questioned how Michael could be okay with the level of violence that surrounded his life. She watched how being a Jerome for probably only a few years could turn her mother into a cold blooded killer and now has to hand over her little sister to someone that kidnapped, imprisoned and threatened her mother.

• Love 11

Jasus must have the cleanest ass in town with Liz, Carly AND Sam all now licking it.

STFU Maxie.

And it's not just that Keeks is anti-Sonny. KA did some legitimately good work today, particularly with NLG.

I don't want to start any rumors, but did LW look a little different, particularly in the eye area, to anyone else? Maybe it was just lighting and make-up.

I thought so, too. I figured I was just seeing things re: LW. 

I think having Jason wander around town for 5 months with amnesia proves how much the character was not needed back yet..

Not to beat a fat, dead horse, but I wish AJ was alive for amnesia!Jason. Since Michael and all of Jason's ladies have become insta-members of the Jake(son) Fan Club (except his widow! Dramatic irony!), I would have loved Alive!AJ meeting and becoming friends with Jake(son) too. AJ finally makes a friend, not knowing his new bro is actually his undead estranged brother! I could forgive some water-treading if they spent time building Jake(son)'s character and new and old relationships in a meaningful way instead of plot-based character idiocy, plot-point anvil, plot-based character idiocy, lather, rinse, repeat.

• Love 7

I can't even remember, have Jake(son) and Monica encountered each other at all?  I know at one point Monica was in his hospital room when he was still unconscious, but have they even talked to each other?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

Nope. Poor Monica hasn't even met her not dead son yet. Nor the dude he thinks he is. But Jake stared at the Quartermaines pics on the way out of GH and recognized Alan, Edward, and Lila. He said Quartermaine sounded familiar and wanted to be Jake Quartermaine. Then he said that was disrespectful to the family since they'd just lost two sons.

But damn. Can Monica get out of judge's chambers to see her son?