Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

At least on OLTL when Mitch Laurence (hilariously) dug up Corpse!Nash to surprise Jessica with

Mitch Laurence didn't mess around when it came to dead bodies. He also hid in Jared's coffin and opened it during the funeral. A lot of people hated that (and Corpse!Nash), but I thought it was stupendous. Campy as hell, yes, but stupendous.

If Ron's going to get campy on GH, I wish he'd go all out, like he did on OLTL. Obrecht singing "Wilkommen" is more WTF than camp.

• Love 4

Mitch Laurence didn't mess around when it came to dead bodies. He also hid in Jared's coffin and opened it during the funeral. A lot of people hated that (and Corpse!Nash), but I thought it was stupendous. Campy as hell, yes, but stupendous.

Oh, Mitch leaping out of the coffin was my favorite thing ever.  And he was a character who could get away with it, because he was evil evil (and because Roscoe Born is sooo good in that part).  Not "funny" evil like Roger Howarth Franco or even Dr. O.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

I actually liked today's show except for Franco, and that was all on the whiney way RHo read allof his lines as opposed to anything Franco did or said.

He's so not engaged. I mean, when he turns off, it is so blindingly obvious that he has absolutely no fucks to give. I wish he'd just leave already. Go be on The Flash full time and save GH some money to buy new color to paint the sets.

• Love 5

Are we supposed to think Ava, Julian, Madeline, and Sonny are in the same prison? I'm not 100% sure, but I feel like coed prisons don't exist anywhere in the U.S.

I like how Julian and Sonny can take out multiple goons in a span of two minutes but then stand there and let Franco threaten them. How about one of them slit his throat and be done with it.

Too bad Ava didn't kill Madeline.

Too bad the guard didn't kill Ava.

Too bad Avery hasn't been handed over to a nice couple that live far away from PC.

I'm shocked, SHOCKED that Heather and Nina like each other.

Edited by LeftPhalange

Are we supposed to think Ava, Julian, Madeline, and Sonny are in the same prison? I'm not 100% sure, but I feel like coed prisons don't exist anywhere in the U.S.

Everyone's at Pentonville, presumably in separate men and womens wings.  We saw Ava and Sonny encounter each other when she was being brought there.

• Love 1

I love the way you could practically see a thought-bubble over Dante's head saying "please don't leave me with her; leave me with Spinelli, Carly, even Johnny, anyone but her' when LooLoo and Morgan were leaving.

Morgan was also looking at them with a shit-eating grin like he knew Dante didn't want to be alone with Kiki. Is there some off-screen Dante/Kiki feud we haven't seen? Maybe they can show us flashbacks during the same episode Felicia finds out she's actually the rightful mayor?

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4

I was actually just thinking - we finally got Lucas working at the hospital and he's the only one of his generation (Maxie/Georgie/Dillon/Lulu/Dante) to work at the titular hospital.  But none of the characters in Michael and Morgan's age group are poised to do the same (there's off-screen Kristina, but I could see her becoming a lawyer like Alexis).  Who is going to step up in that next generation?

It's cute how you think the show will be around for that to even be a concern. ;)

• Love 2

I think people think we're overstating it on Mitch and the dead bodies. We are not. Check it! They dug up Nash's dessicated, bug-eyed, eternally-screaming corpse and propped it up in a greenhouse to surprise his wife! I couldn't believe it. It was the craziest/best thing I have ever seen, and it played right around Halloween and was produced and shot very creepily.

GH could use some of that sheer terror mixed with sheer lunacy. Instead we got the Camp Brigade. Fluke is not scary.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5

Oh, Mitch leaping out of the coffin was my favorite thing ever.  And he was a character who could get away with it, because he was evil evil (and because Roscoe Born is sooo good in that part).  Not "funny" evil like Roger Howarth Franco or even Dr. O.

I miss Mitch. The man didn't talk, he purrrrrrrrrrrred.

• Love 3

can someone who was watching in the late '70s explain the connection between Heather and Diana Taylor? Why would Heather choose that name as a cover when telling Nina who she was?

Diana Taylor and her husband Peter adopted a baby and named him PJ (Peter Junior LOL). The baby (eventually known as Stephen Lars) was Heather and Jeff Webber's, the same baby and for most of the time the ONLY baby Heather sold. Eventually she wanted the baby back so she laced Diana's lemonade with LSD, but then the glasses were mixed up and Heather drank it by mistake.

Diana Taylor was Heather's cousin and the biological mother of Jason Q, and there's enough of a backstory that I'll take it to the history thread. 

For the purposes of the storyline, I think that Heather just plays things close to the vest. She's clever enough not to give away any of her own vital information until she finds out everything she can from someone else.  I am hopeful that now, since Franco is Nina's friend, that Heather will have to kill Nina. That way she can have Franco to herself. But I hope she does it quickly. I am not interested in a repeat of Heather's underground tour of captivity. 

You're thinking of Susan Moore.

• Love 3

Diana Taylor and her husband Peter adopted a baby and named him PJ (Peter Junior LOL). The baby (eventually known as Stephen Lars) was Heather and Jeff Webber's, the same baby and for most of the time the ONLY baby Heather sold. Eventually she wanted the baby back so she laced Diana's lemonade with LSD, but then the glasses were mixed up and Heather drank it by mistake.

DUH! I don't know why I didn't remember the LSD connection. I guess I've just blocked out anything Heather related lol!

• Love 1
I think people think we're overstating it on Mitch and the dead bodies.

If that were a character I liked though I think it would kinda depress me to see their body used like that. I know it's fictional, but I don't need Levi popping up and propping Georgie's corpse anywhere. :(

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

I loved the random info drop of Kiki saying Carly's been helping out with taking care of Avery.  Oh, really? The same Carly who didn't help look for Avery and never once checked on Morgan while he was going out of his mind with worry over Frina taking the baby?  That Carly? The same Carly who ignores her own child in favor of running to Jake and whining about every instance of her pathetic adult life?

Nice try show.

• Love 12

Also Heather plotted to kill Dinah but then decided to frame anne logan for it but writing annes name in dinahs blood.Heather was acused of Dinahs murdererbut the real killer was Heathers mother who was willing to let her go to jail for it lol.

I have to admit I'm suprised at heather liking another female.She never has before lol.

Edited by Harmony233
  • Love 1
If that were a character I liked though I think it would kinda depress me to see their body used like that. I know it's fictional, but I don't need Levi popping up and propping Georgie's corpse anywhere. :(

There was a basis for Mitch using Corpse!Nash, though. It wasn't random. Mitch was Jessica's biological father and spent his life tormenting her bio mother, Viki, and the other Bukes. It was definitely extreme, but I thought it was in character. Mitch knew who all these people were.

Admittedly, Ron really pushed the limits of Mitch's behavior, but he had an actor in Roscoe Brown who could sell it, and there was genuine history to draw on. No stupid retconning was necessary. That's what Ron's doing now on GH, with the dumb Peter Harrell/Levi stuff and other crap he thinks people will accept. Mention /=/ "using history." I wish he'd learn that.

• Love 4

Sonny using the "I need to escape in order to save my son, Michael(my favorite child because I went through a lot to steal him), from Fluke" excuse is so transparent.  Sonny could call Dante to protect Michael and you know warn the rest of Port Charles, which would include:

Dante's wife, who thinks Fluke is her dad

Rocco, his grandson

Alexis, his daughter's mother, who has been terrorized by Helena her entire life and watched Helena slit her mother's throat when she was a small child

Kristina, his and Alexis' daughter

Molly, his niece

Sam, Alexis' daughter and Jason's widow

Danny, Jason and Sam's son

Bobbie, Luke's sister

Morgan, Sonny's lesser son

I am sure I have forgotten some of the other people Sonny should be worried about.  Sonny wants to break out of prison to be Michael's hero in order to get back in Michael's good graces.  After he is done playing hero he will be able to take off to his island and live the rest of his life sitting on the beach with Carly. 

• Love 6

There was a basis for Mitch using Corpse!Nash, though. It wasn't random. Mitch was Jessica's biological father and spent his life tormenting her bio mother, Viki, and the other Bukes. It was definitely extreme, but I thought it was in character. Mitch knew who all these people were.

Admittedly, Ron really pushed the limits of Mitch's behavior, but he had an actor in Roscoe Brown who could sell it, and there was genuine history to draw on. No stupid retconning was necessary. That's what Ron's doing now on GH, with the dumb Peter Harrell/Levi stuff and other crap he thinks people will accept. Mention /=/ "using history." I wish he'd learn that.

Agreed.  The corpse itself was hilarious because of the...uh...special effects?...but the situation itself (Jessica being taunted over the course of weeks by her "dead" husband only for her psycho father to reveal himself and present his corpse) was extreme and you could imagine the horror Jessica felt in that moment and the show played that end of it relatively serious.

I wonder what is going to pop out of Bill's grave on Monday.  I still think Fluke is Bill, but I hope he left a spooky surprise.

Edited by TeeVee329

Honestly even if it were a character that made sense to terrorize them, still wouldn't want to see that done. Not my type of thing.

• Love 1

If that were a character I liked though I think it would kinda depress me to see their body used like that.

I feel you. But that shit was crazy and I loved it. Mitch Laurence was basically the Antichrist of OLTL and could and would do anything, his story had been steeped in operatic nightmare horror tropes for years. He had a spooky mansion, he lived in the sewers at one point, there was an obsession with the Bible - nowhere was too nuts. Granted I was not a big Nash fan. At one point I thought he was gonna pick up the body and dance with it!

I do think there is a body in that grave that will be used to say "see, it's not Bill!" Maybe it'll even test positive for DNA. Then somebody will look up and say 'hey, wait a minute... this body is a woman's!" Surprise! It's Pat!

Itispat.jpg

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 9

I just wish Michael was allowed to talk to someone who isn't in Sonny and Carly's camp. 

Sam!  Sam.Sam.Sam.  Fits this perfectly.  We got that brief mention on Thanksgiving, but nothing since.  I loved their relationship and am sad it's been almost non existent since Jason's "death".    She would be the perfect shoulder.  She has no real use for Carly, and goes back and forth with Sonny. 

Haven't watched today, and it sounds like I didn't miss much.  Is there anything I should youtube?

• Love 4

hhmmmmmm knowing what you like mybabyaidan, probably nothing worth looking up.

It probably is going to be Pat in that grave. Oh bwuddah, as Spencer would say.

I'm still convinced there's gonna be another corpse/skeleton in the basement. And no, that's not a mean joke about Tony Geary and or Luke.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5

First of all, thank you everyone for the condolences, each one has meant a lot.

On to the show...

Its been at least 2days in PC time Sonny and Julian have had the phone right? That's one hell of a battery they lucked out with!

Another creepy prison guard with Ava... I'm so afraid where this will go considering its been a while for Ron and sexual assault stories.

Especially since Morgan isn't an existing employee I don't think it was outrageous of Michael to insist he not work the party, because if Morgan had already been working there he wouldn't have gone to begin with to have the event there. He didn't walk in and demand Morgan be fired, he would have taken his party elsewhere and if I were Michael I would not want someone who kept quiet about the murder of the man the clinic is honoring there. I liked how Lulu handled it.

Dante's complete disinterest in Kiki is admirable.

Nina and Heather... Way to fill the Predictability Quota for the year in January, Ron!

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 2

I loved this episode. I've liked this whole week. I think maybe it's like Stockholm's Syndrome or something.

Dante and Kiki was pure gold IMO. DZ was killing the facial expressions when Lulu told him he'd have to interact alone with Kiki. And BC's grin that said "LOL you have to spend time with Kiki" was perfection. 

Michael's OTT Morgan hate is a little much, but I get it. Morgan is such a douche about it though. I mean, yes, Michael is taking it a bit too far, but Morgan acts like Michael has no reason to be treating him badly.

Poor dumb Morgan. I love that big idiot so much. Him holding "Avery Bavery" was just too much for me. That baby better be his. Just correct this story already and let us see Morgan trying to raise a baby. Comedy gold!

Franco's gotta go. RH is at his most annoying now. Just let him get killed in prison off screen and then let us never speak of him again.

I still enjoy Heather so I'm pretty up for this Nina/Heather idiocy.

I liked that Ava had a nightmare about the fact that Kiki will be raising Avery. That is a nightmare! Even her own mother knows it.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5

I'm still convinced there's gonna be another corpse/skeleton in the basement. And no, that's not a mean joke about Tony Geary and or Luke.

"...Other than Tony Geary!" That's the joke that was laid out there for you! I'm so disappointed, ulkis!

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 3

I loved this episode. I've liked this whole week. I think maybe it's like Stockholm's Syndrome or something.

Dante and Kiki was pure gold IMO. DZ was killing the facial expressions when Lulu told him he'd have to interact alone with Kiki. And BC's grin that said "LOL you have to spend time with Kiki" was perfection. 

Michael's OTT Morgan hate is a little much, but I get it. Morgan is such a douche about it though. I mean, yes, Michael is taking it a bit too far, but Morgan acts like Michael has no reason to be treating him badly.

Poor dumb Morgan. I love that big idiot so much. Him holding "Avery Bavery" was just too much for me. That baby better be his. Just correct this story already and let us see Morgan trying to raise a baby. Comedy gold!

Oh, is THAT what he said? I thought he said he calls her "Avery baby" and I was like I know it's Morgan but does he seriously not realize why he calls her that . . . ?

Re: Michael and Morgan: when Michael said there was gonna be a problem and they cut to Morgan's face you could see that he could tell he was the problem, and in a cocky sort of way and not contrite. I honestly do think if Michael didn't start in whenever they saw each other, Morgan wouldn't be such an ass about it - I think it's sheer "well fuck you if you're not gonna forgive me I'm not gonna take your shit". Not a flattering look at all but I don't think that Morgan didn't care about keeping the secret about AJ, and I think that's what Michael thinks, and they're both total stubborn asses getting their wires crossed. 

re: Kiki and Dante, thinking back on it the last two times they ever really talked face to face was him arresting her BFF Franco and waaaay before that he read her the riot act for helping Franco escape and got in some snark about her coming in between Michael and Morgan. If you have a good memory or are a slightly obsessed fan it's easy to remember la di da, so in that context his attitude kinda works.

Dear Kiki, who have you been exactly too forgiving towards? Your mom didn't do anything to you personally!

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

Re: Michael and Morgan: when Michael said there was gonna be a problem and they cut to Morgan's face you could see that he could tell he was the problem, and in a cocky sort of way and not contrite. I honestly do think if Michael didn't start in whenever they saw each other, Morgan wouldn't be such an ass about it - I think it's sheer "well fuck you if you're not gonna forgive me I'm not gonna take your shit". Not a flattering look at all but I don't think that Morgan didn't care about keeping the secret about AJ, and I think that's what Michael thinks, and they're both total stubborn asses getting their wires crossed. 

Good points. They're both such stubborn idiots honestly. It's kinda cute.

• Love 1

Michael and Morgan are being total stubborn idiots, and it rings so true to me for siblings.  I would like to see Michael warm up a little to Morgan, because that would make me think it's less likely for Michael to forgive Sonny & Carly immediately.  Like, if he could forgive Morgan a little, that's all the forgiveness he has in him right now. I also want Michael to turn Morgan against Sonny & Carly.  Long shot, I know, but I want what I want.  

• Love 9

I'm going to curl up in my corner with my bottle and sing "All By Myself", because to me Michael was the douche, not Morgan. I'm still mad at Michael for how he treated Morgan in 2013. I'm starting to have visceral hate for this character. Like, I get it. I should feel sorry for him and be on his side, but for some reason he just makes it impossible for me. I still hate Sonny and Carly though.

Heather and Nina, gross. If you're not going to kill her, Heather, you disappoint me. I think she was playing her, so that's a good sign. And I don't buy this crap about Nina being scared. Painful to watch, that little girl breathy voice. Why is she here again?

Avery is the cutest baby in the entire world. Okay, the fictional world. What a damn cutie. And yes, Kiki's scenes with Dante were hilarious. Poor Dante, being stuck there with her. Morgan needs to hold Avery more often and call his daughter (what? it's his baby, right?) anything he wants.

What in the hell with Luke's southern accent? Like I'm waiting for him to bust out a new one every time. What a farce.

Couldn't get interested in Shawn/Jordan scenes. Gee, I wonder why.

Great, I get Ava back (looking damn good for a prisoner), and she's stuck with someone who needs a grip to the throat. I so wanted Ava to try and strangle her. I know I wanted to. And real nice, Ron, with the misogyny of a male guard threatening a woman with a knife to do basically whatever the hell he wants. I never get nice things, though. I asked for her to start taping again, and she's stuck with Silas. This show really hates me.

Shut up, Franco.

• Love 4

I agree, must suffer from the same thing. This show is an utter and total mess yet I can't look away, oh maybe that is something different...

• Love 2

I'd completely forgotten Nina existed until the previews came on.  If she'd just disappeared, ti might have been a year before I even noticed or remembered.  Why can't she go away?  There is no point.

Also, can we not have any more 6-month build-ups to having a character introduced again?  What a waste of half a year.  With Kiki gone and Silas probably not far behind, this character now serves even less of a purpose than the she did 6 months ago, and I had barely thought that possible.  

• Love 3

I'm going to curl up in my corner with my bottle and sing "All By Myself", because to me Michael was the douche, not Morgan. Like, I get it. I should feel sorry for him and be on his side, but for some reason he just makes it impossible for me. I still hate Sonny and Carly though.

Avery is the cutest baby in the entire world. Okay, the fictional world. What a damn cutie. And yes, Kiki's scenes with Dante were hilarious. Poor Dante, being stuck there with her. Morgan needs to hold Avery more often and call his daughter (what? it's his baby, right?) anything he wants.

What in the hell with Luke's southern accent? Like I'm waiting for him to bust out a new one every time. What a farce.

No, I thought Michael was a douche but I don't blame for being pissed at Carly and Sonny and am so frustrated at how Ron doesn't seem to get I can be mad at Michael for going overboard with Morgan but can think he should be mad at Sonny and Carly forever.

Someone suggested that Dante was irritated because Johnny is at the Haunted Star, but if that's what the show was going for it totally missed the mark.

Remember when Geary tried to do an Irish accent in the Lucky goes to Ireland story? Geary really thinks he's an accent expert, doesn't he?

• Love 1

umm..why is Fluke walking around with that bat like he Nino Brown from New Jack City?

Maybe Fluke is doing his Justus Ward imitation.  Justus beat Damian Smith to death with a baseball bat.  

Remember when Geary tried to do an Irish accent in the Lucky goes to Ireland story? Geary really thinks he's an accent expert, doesn't he?

One of my favorite scenes in the 90's was Laura telling Luke that he was horrible doing accents.  Once again, Laura proved that she was the smarter one of the pair.  LOL

Edited by LegalParrot81
  • Love 7

And wasn't there some other horrific accent when he (and we) first met Dr. Obrecht?

No, I thought Michael was a douche but I don't blame for being pissed at Carly and Sonny and am so frustrated at how Ron doesn't seem to get I can be mad at Michael for going overboard with Morgan but can think he should be mad at Sonny and Carly forever.

YES! See, you've always understood me.

And wasn't there some other horrific accent when he (and we) first met Dr. Obrecht?

Oh god, don't remind me.

• Love 1

I'm going to curl up in my corner with my bottle and sing "All By Myself", because to me Michael was the douche, not Morgan. I'm still mad at Michael for how he treated Morgan in 2013. I'm starting to have visceral hate for this character. Like, I get it. I should feel sorry for him and be on his side, but for some reason he just makes it impossible for me. I still hate Sonny and Carly though.

And for this reason if nothing else, I think Michael should let up with Morgan. Even if he wasn't exactly cheerful about yanking his brother's guts out, he was quite happy to get with Kaka after the engagement fiasco. I should be on his side, but I'm not, because the Corinthos sense of entitlement clearly isn't reliant on genetics.

• Love 2

In my dreams, Morgan offers one more apology and completely throws Kiki under the bus.  Michael accepts and the brothers never speak to Kiki again.  Kiki, in dispair, throws herself off the pier.  The end.

• Love 11

I like Heather.  And Ava.  And Magda.

Note that the Eckert tombstone says "father, brother, cousin." Who does that? I'm tellin' you, there's no 'cousin' about it.

never saw the Bill Eckert years.  Did Luke refer to him as "Bill Eckert" or just "Bill"?  Seems odd that captive Luke keeps referring to him by his full name.

• Love 2

Either the show is trying to engrain the name on the newer viewers' minds by using "BillEckert" as if it's one word, or it's Ron fucking with us so when the true identity is revealed and it's not "BillEckert", he can pat himself on the back for his fake out.  In any event, it's clear that the Big AJ Clinic Gala will the Fluke's coming out party. Ron used to do these pretty well, but it's not been his strong suit the past year or two (although I concede that the "Sonny is AJ's killer" reveal was done pretty well) .... but since this feels like Geary's swan song, I expect a pretty big flameout. Thankfully my expectations are so low lately that pretty much anything would be ok with me.

Did anyone else catch a mention one day this week about a fictional soap within a soap mentioned by Carly? I swear I heard her say something (to Jake?). Is Ron reruning his "Fraternity Row is ending" storyline?

• Love 1

I like Heather.  And Ava.  And Magda.

never saw the Bill Eckert years.  Did Luke refer to him as "Bill Eckert" or just "Bill"?  Seems odd that captive Luke keeps referring to him by his full name.

Luke never really knew Bill.  They came face to face briefly once when L&L were looking for Lucky and then again in the tunnels after Frank Smith's men killed Bill (the scene TG still laughs about where he died in his own arms).  The two of them had zero relationship.

Edited by LegalParrot81
  • Love 1