Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

sonny-duh-face_zpsaiufc4ay.jpg

That picture of Sonny is classic. "Where are the towels?"

And THIS is the answer to how in the world could Sonny remember phone numbers.....the is no way he could. I mean come on the man can't even get out of his own linen closet. No way he KNOWS Michael's number let alone a peon like Shawn's.

My answer is Julian dialed for him. heh!

• Love 1

Focus groups are ridiculous. I was part of a OLTL one as well and it was frustrating as hell because every time they did a questionnaire you could tell what wasn't going over but they were going to push it anyway. They'd keep coming up with different phrasings and options to make whatever it was a positive response.

"How would you rank the pairing of Carly/Franco?"

"Would you like to see more of Carly/Franco?"

"Would you like to see more of Carly/Franco in a adventurous story?"

"Would you like to see more of Carly/Franco involved with family members?"

"Would you prefer Carly/Franco to Sabrina?"

"Would you prefer Carly/Franco to getting lost in the desert?"

"Would you prefer Carly/Franco to dying of syphilis?" 

"Would you prefer Carly/Franco or watching your family eaten by bears and then dying of syphilis?"

"We got a positive response to Carly/Franco from a focus group!"

Speaking as someone who has spent a lot of time working in a full service marketing, advertising, PR, market and opinion research company, I've always been quite skeptical when I've read and heard about soap opera polls and focus groups.  The recent posts in this thread confirm what I have come to understand about their objectivity and reliability.  

Now it is possible to obtain accurate and useful results from properly developed and administered surveys and focus groups.. To that end, I have seen hours spent making sure to avoid the "leading" questions  such as those listed above.  

In addition to asking leading questions, I see so much room for manipulation of results if desired.  For example, if vldeo clips are used to assess reactions to characters or couples, it would be incredibly easy to show favorable, well-edited, well-written scripts for those the interviewer wishes to promote.  

The idea that this manipulating is done confounds me.  You'd think that management would want the most objective and truthful responses possible if they are interested in developing their product.  ?????  

• Love 2

I still can't believe GH is technically Kristen Alderson free. And personally I have more or less liked the last couple of episodes of GH. Coincidence that they were Nina and Franco (and Kiki) free? Nope!

If only we can be done with Fluke as well.

In the meantime, I am enjoying the Sonny and Julian team up.  If there can be a sliver lining in that crap story, it'd be those two. The unexpectedness of the alliance makes it delightful. Julian's reaction to some of the things Sonny says and those is not far behind.

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS
  • Love 3

Ermm...me? {raising hand}. Although I have all of my friends' and relatives' phone numbers on my phone, I know all the numbers, so when I clear my call list and need to call, instead of tapping on contacts, then scrolling to find the name, I just type the numbers.  Then again I have a nearly-photographic memory. I still remember our phone number from when I was a kid, and that number no longer exists after we sold the house about 10 years ago.

I remember all of the phone numbers where I lived including the one from the house where I grew up, before it had numbers as the first 2 digits. It had letters that stood for something else. Mine began GA2 which stood for Garden2. These were on a rotary dial too (but no, I didn't have to connect to an operator first ;)).  I can remember my grandparents' numbers and my Dad's work place and they're all dead now.  My husband and I laugh since often times he would ask me for his parents' number, and he often messes up our zip code.  LOL

Edited by sometimesfan
  • Love 1
Luke playing words with friends with Robert? I can picture Robert doing that for a moment in between beating up bad guys but I don't know about Luke, but I'll allow it since I love the image of that.

Hold up, is this really something that was referenced today? Do I really have to watch a Fluke or Luke scene?

I was part of a GH focus group in...2008 or 2009 and it was the same. Soon, you realize it's pointless. They don't actually want the feedback you give them unless it's in line with what they're already pushing.

About 10 years ago, I was part of a focus group involving Saturday Night Live.  Same type of thing.  When all I wanted to say was "it's the writing, stupid, it's just not clever or funny" and "oh, and maybe have the actors learn their skits instead of blatantly reading off of cue cards and laughing at themselves like they were the funniest thing since Chaplin," they asked ridiculously dumb questions that would give them no information at all as to why I had stopped watching the show. I remember was whether I liked Horatio Sans more or less than another actor.  There was no 'seriously? neither!' option. I remember shaking my head when it was done and thinking, "So, basically you're asking me which chairs I'd keep on the deck of the Titanic and which I'd throw overboard. Yeah, that's helpful."

• Love 3

OMFG THE PHOENIX STATUE HAS GONE MISSING!!!!

JEEEEEEAAAAAAAANNNNNNN!!!!

I kid. Sort of. Look, this is far from the worst thing ever written involving a phoenix. Avengers vs X-Men is still the absolute worst on that front.

Not that this is great, mind you.

• Love 4

Hold up, is this really something that was referenced today? Do I really have to watch a Fluke or Luke scene?

Luke was texting Helena.  Tracy wanted to know who he was so busy with.  He says something like "Scorpio's beating me at Words With Friends"  (i'm paraphrasing but that was the extent of it.

• Love 1

Luke was texting Helena.  Tracy wanted to know who he was so busy with.  He says something like "Scorpio's beating me at Words With Friends"  (i'm paraphrasing but that was the extent of it.

It would have been so much better if they were sexting. Hells needs to be loved...that's why she's such a loon!

• Love 1

JEEEEEEAAAAAAAANNNNNNN!!!!

I kid. Sort of. Look, this is far from the worst thing ever written involving a phoenix. Avengers vs X-Men is still the absolute worst on that front.

Not that this is great, mind you.

Have we forgotten "X-Men: The Last Stand"?

I wonder which character will get to take Cam to the "Avengers" sequel!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

Have we forgotten "X-Men: The Last Stand"?

I wonder which character will get to take Cam to the "Avengers" sequel!

I stand by the Avengers vs X-Men as the worst. Which isn't doing The Last Stand ANY favors, mind.

Now I'm wondering what Sam as Dark Phoenix would look like.

I stand by the Avengers vs X-Men as the worst. Which isn't doing The Last Stand ANY favors, mind.

At least, AVX Babies was cute as fuck.

Back to GH , everything to do with the the happy meal toys (lol Phoenix and Dragon) is ridiculous. Jason used to carry that figurine in his pocket when he went to kill people, I guess. lmao good times.

I will never get over Sonny not knowing where the towels are in his own house. So, I don't buy that he knows anyone's phone numbers, let alone that he would be able to survive in prison.

Edited by loveigniting
  • Love 6

I'm loving the conversations going on here... But am I to take them as today's episode isn't worth a watch?

I love you guys and gals! I came to see if today's GH is worth trying to occupy my mind for a bit, which I really need because in the middle of the night I... *points to icon*....he's no longer with me after 8 wonderful years. But seriously, those Sonny pictures, towel & phone number talk, focus groups, are actually the first time I've laughed all day.

• Love 11

But, But, Per Days of Future Past, X-Men III DID.NOT.HAPPEN. Doesn't EXIST!!!!!

Sam only wishes she could be Awesome as Original Dark Phoenix!  Don't make me hurt you, Dandesun!

• Love 4

Lucas and Liz as bantering work buddies, with those cute Dr. (Indiana) Jones jokes, totally worked for me.  Too bad Jake(son) had to ruin their fun.

I loved that. I liked Liz! And it made it easier for me to ignore the fact that Lucas is an idiot right now in regards to Carly/Michael.

Elizabeth and Lucas should never try to make a hospital bed again.

LOL. That was so funny. 

Jordan/Anna need to go on a double date with Olivia/Lulu.

Into it. Speaking of, I welcome any and all Jordan/Anna scenes, but didn't they have this exact conversation like a week ago. Why do people just keep having the same convos over and over?

Hey, jsbt, I just saw on twitter that Bradford signed a years contract. Salud!

Again, I ask, why am I being punished? WHY, RC/FV, WHY?

This show expects me to believe that Morgan can read, Nathan eats carbs, Shawn can use a computer, AND that Sonny can work a phone?!?

Sometimes it's just too much.

• Love 3

I love you guys and gals! I came to see if today's GH is worth trying to occupy my mind for a bit,

Here's what you missed (I might be paraphrasing a bit!!)

Sonny calls Michael to warn him about Fluke.  Michael's all "bite me dumb ass" then tells Luke that Sonny's snooping around.  Fluke calls Sonny and is all "beware the evil ones"

Sam's all, "my precious figurine is missing. someone stole it"  and Patrick is all "who would give a crap about that piece of junk, lets make out some more since I'm already late for work"

Carly's all, "Shawn can you tell Sonny that I wuv him eleventy times more than ever"  

Alexis is all:  "Shawn, here's a restraining order, keep away from Michael and the house on Elm street"

Anna is all:  "Jordan I have to go pay for putting a known assassin in a hole for the greater good, but don't stop being undercover and help us kick Duke in the gonads, I mean, eradicate the mob forever"

Sonny is all:  "Shawn, dig up Bill Eckert's grave and see if he's really in there or if he's walking around town pretending to be Luke"

Cops find Jake passed out on the docks and bring him into GH.  LIz calls Carly.  Jake is all, "I remember nothing but a figurine".  Carly's all "maybe the figurine is in your duffel bag" so she looks and finds his gun.  

• Love 9

Perkie, fabulous summary!!!!  I now know that I'll be able to get through the entire show in roughly 7 minutes because I could really care less about Jakeson, Sam, Patty, Alexis, Jordan or most of all Carly. I do want to see Mikey rat out Sonny to Fluke. 

Edited by LegalParrot81

This is a question for Patrick since he loves talking about JaSam. Such a great dude, amirite!?!?

Quote Patrick today "Yes, you should have been thinking what would make Patrick Drake happy." Even in joke, when there are obvious signs your wife is kidnapped and you're saying that to another woman in bed..... damn, son.

• Love 3

But, But, Per Days of Future Past, X-Men III DID.NOT.HAPPEN. Doesn't EXIST!!!!!

Sam only wishes she could be Awesome as Original Dark Phoenix!  Don't make me hurt you, Dandesun!

No one is as awesome as Jean. Period. She's, like, my favorite.

Sam as Dark Phoenix would whisper a lot but I also feel that she would be able to wield significant destruction. I'd be okay with it if she just ate the sun and wiped out Port Charles. She can do that. GH geography, astrophysics and science in general are weird like that. Sam!Phoenix could eat the sun and she'd manage to destroy the Legion of Doom and probably the coast of Bolivia as well.

• Love 2

Quote Patrick today "Yes, you should have been thinking what would make Patrick Drake happy." Even in joke, when there are obvious signs your wife is kidnapped and you're saying that to another woman in bed..... damn, son.

I'll say it till I'm blue in the face...Patrick looks SO BAD. So ignorant and dumb and useless. And Sam ain't far behind. She's seriously not going to ask ANY questions about Robin? Seriously? It's like Ron thinks if Patty says, "We can talk about our past relationships at any time," it means they talked about it. I just can't with this plot point. It makes my brain hurt to extreme levels.

And I'm sorry, Robin is fucking justified in my eyes for "leaving" Patrick for Jason. One of these men don't give a fuck and the other has her implanted in his brain. <3

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 5

I fast forwarded Samtrick today and I see that was a very wise decision. Wow this line. Amazing.

• Love 1

Wait - oh my god - what if AJ is revealed to have been involved in the Most Convoluted and Boring Story ever?  And so Sonny's killing him was a good thing?

Nope. not possible. He helped Anna track down Faison (with that awesome cell phone picture) he is totally cleared of any association with the Legion of Doom. 

Anna and Jordan were great today. I also liked Liz and Lucas. Thank goodness at least Liz acknowledges that Michael has a right to be mad. And that Carly will always put Sonny's needs before her own childrens'.

Edited by sacrebleu
  • Love 6

I'm loving the conversations going on here... But am I to take them as today's episode isn't worth a watch?

I love you guys and gals! I came to see if today's GH is worth trying to occupy my mind for a bit, which I really need because in the middle of the night I... *points to icon*....he's no longer with me after 8 wonderful years. But seriously, those Sonny pictures, towel & phone number talk, focus groups, are actually the first time I've laughed all day.

My sympathies, Gigi43.  :-(

• Love 3

Where did Dr O get her millions to buy her COS position at GH? I believe she had a clinic in Switzerland, Jah. Before coming to PC. And she was doing all kinds of illegal cloning and plastic surgery etc. on former Nazis and rock stars? Maybe even freezing experiments for the undead?

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd

Sorry for your loss :(

I actually liked the show today, minus Samtrick. 

• Love 1

And on top of that he almost had a "wardrobe malfunction" trying to pull up his underoos. Patdick they go up not down!....I almost had to bleach my eyeballs. eek!

I had to chase my eyeballs b/c they rolled right out my head when Lucas said Carly would DIE for her children. Yah I might have started watching recently but even I know that is a load. Also LOL at Carly calling her brother DR JONES, ugh that just wouldn't happen.

And Michael there is anger and then there is stupid. You might hate Sonny, but my gawd do you have to blabber away like .....Spencer. I can't imagine how he can add 2+2 much less run a major company. I mean the way Luke acted alone was a total neon sign. What a doofus, today he was TOTALLY Morgan's brother.

Anna and Jordan were like two drunk friends saying "snif snif....I  LOVE ya man"...except without the alcohol. That scene made me cringe a little. Especially Anna's weird logic that they MUST take down Duke, b/c I USED TO love him and all. WTH?

So I didn't care much for today except for the comedy and....well Sonlian....the new odd couple. Is it wrong I keep redecorating their crib...I mean cell in my mind while they're bickering. <3

Edited by Cattitude
  • Love 1

My sympathies also, Gigi.
I think today proved that Sonny is definitely not *giving* Michael any space!  Sonny gets his hands on a phone, and calls him, even though Sonny knows Michael doesn't want anything to do with him.  And in my opinion, that was a pretty flimsy excuse Sonny used.  If he wanted to give Michael space he could have sent the Luke message through any number of people.  Hell, even Shawn, since he hasn't been served yet.

Since Sonny does have access to a phone, shouldn't he call his son, Dante, the real live and mostly competent cop, and let him know that Fluke could be a fake and ask him to look out for his brothers.

More proof that Sonny would be all over Michael if he wasn't in jail.  And Sonny hates cops.  But he loves his son Dante, even if he did shoot him in the chest.  For being a cop.

Laugh a little. Cry a little. Drink a lot.

Truer words were never spoken.

This show expects me to believe that Morgan can read, Nathan eats carbs, Shawn can use a computer, AND that Sonny can work a phone?!?

Amazing.  Five stars, would read again.

• Love 3

Today seemed almost Guza-esque. Sonny, Carly, Jason, Sam, Michael, etc. I couldn't get interested in any of it. Not even the two minutes of Anna/Jordan was enough to save it. When are things going to pick up? I'm so damn tired of Fluke I could cry.

How did Sonny get Michael's new number?

Sigh. Two more days.

• Love 2

I had to chase my eyeballs b/c they rolled right out my head when Lucas said Carly would DIE for her children. Yah I might have started watching recently but even I know that is a load. Also LOL at Carly calling her brother DR JONES, ugh that just wouldn't happen.

I like Lucas, I want to continue liking him so I hope RC would make him stop rolling his eyes at Michael. Thank goodness Liz was there to set him straight today. She didn't explicitly say that Carly doesn't put her kids first but what she said, that her unfailing loyalty for Sonny and Jason always come first, meant the same thing. She had more tact than I would have.

• Love 4

Carly said "Dr Jones" sarcastically, so I was okay with it. Of course, that could have been Laura Wright saving it, cause I noticed Michael also called Bobbie by her first name and Carly made a meta joke about Shawn watching a soap. You know it's a Scott Sickles script when there's lazy meta jokes and characters calling their relatives the wrong appellation.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5

Soooo sorry Gigi! {HUGS}. But glad you have this board to make you laugh just a little.

And yet Liz also said she understood Carly not telling Michael that Sonny killed AJ. So that kind of takes away from any points she got for pointing out that Carly always outs Sonny first

Edited by Sake614