Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

The way I remember it, Lucas was fairly close to Carly as a kid after she and Bobbie mended fences. They didn't show it enough (there were a couple years there where I was convinced Lucas was imaginary or invisible, like the Snuffleupagus) but when they did it was a loving relationship.

I have zero issue with Ron wanting to rewrite history on Sam and Silas because they were terribly boring and Silas doesn't work. That being said, it is funny watching his clumsy, insistent machinations get laid bare. It's as others have said: Silas was a failure and Ron decided Patrick is the more dramatic angle for Jason's return, so now they're just pretending this is Sam's only real new relationship and sweeping Silas under the rug. Where he belongs, but the way they've handled it is still so shoddy. You can do all this with less abrupt maneuvering. They've also done this with the reset on Fluke, of course.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 8

The way I remember it, Lucas was fairly close to Carly as a kid after she and Bobbie mended fences. They didn't show it enough (there were a couple years there where I was convinced Lucas was imaginary or invisible, like the Snuffleupagus) but when they did it was a loving relationship.

I have zero issue with Ron wanting to rewrite history on Sam and Silas because they were terribly boring and Silas doesn't work. That being said, it is funny watching his clumsy, insistent machinations get laid bare. It's as others have said: Silas was a failure and Ron decided Patrick is the more dramatic angle for Jason's return, so now they're just pretending this is Sam's only real new relationship and sweeping Silas under the rug. Where he belongs, but the way they've handled it is still so shoddy. You can do all this with less abrupt maneuvering. They've also done this with the reset on Fluke, of course.

I just don't think Ron cared at all when he had to write for Michael Easton again as a new character, so he had a few weeks of angst hate then he pretty much just carried on from where they were as McBain and Sam. Massive failure, thank goodness.

Lucas as a kid also wasn't aware of all of the shit Carly had pulled yet. I still find it total crap that Bobbie even bothered to form a relationship with her myself.  Carly was toxic waste when she blew into town and that Bobbie would ever trust her, or her kid around her, after everything she pulled to me was just a load of bull.

But anyone staying mad at Carly has never lasted long on this show since her arrival.

There may be mild annoyance displayed or those who basically shrug and say "Well, it's Carly so what do you expect?". But the very few who have actually attempted to loathe and hate her guts on a permanent basis just get written off/killed off really.

Carly's in the same boat as Sonny, they're such terrible people and yet they have so many lining up to kiss their asses and excuse their shitty behaviour that it is truly unbelievable to me. Especially when most of them are people they've wronged/hurt/betrayed/cheated on/attempted to kill, etc.

I have zero issue with Ron wanting to rewrite history on Sam and Silas because they were terribly boring and Silas doesn't work

Ron isn't rewriting history for them, imo, he's rewriting history for Sam and Patrick.

Silas is just collateral damage at this point along with Robin.

Ron wants Sam and Patrick together to cause everything to implode when Jason finally "remembers", Sam could have been hooking up with Mac on the down low for all Ron cared about her being with anyone new, once he had a Jason replacement pinned down he went full steam ahead with his "plan" to have the hellish foursome of Sam, Patrick, Robin and Jason to mess with.

That to me has been obvious since day one and it's more of him just writing shit and telling us all to turn off our brains and buy it.

Ron had Faison inform Patrick to his face that Robin's former employer, an evil Cassadine, was the one responsible for the car accident that took his son's life and nearly everyone else's, including his and Robin's little girl, and yet the only thing that caused Patrick to basically start sobbing with fear and grief was the thought of Sam not letting him near her goodies any longer.

If that isn't one hell of a rewrite, and a pretty pathetic and insulting one at that, I don't know what else might be.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 9

Now that I think about it, considering Monica barely got a mention about her spending time with her demonic grandson, it would have been nice to see Monica taking Lucas around and letting them interact together.

Yes, and why not have Monica help Michael's clinic out by volunteering there a few days a week? She's been a star in her field as a heart surgeon, and she's been COS at GH. We'd see more of her on screen. Everybody wins.

• Love 4

Yes, and why not have Monica help Michael's clinic out by volunteering there a few days a week? She's been a star in her field as a heart surgeon, and she's been COS at GH. We'd see more of her on screen. Everybody wins.

Well the problem starts with us seeing more of Monica which Ron just won't allow unless absolutely necessary/he's made to.

She already spent Christmas helping Maxie see her daughter so we'll probably be lucky to catch a good glimpse of her around Easter.

• Love 2
Ron was never going to be satisfied with merely bringing Jason back as far as I could tell. He wanted to create as big of a total meltdown as possible ...

That's exactly the reason why Sam and Patrick are together right now, and one reason why I could never get invested in them as a couple or hate on them too much.  Their entire fling is a plot point. 

So dishearteningly to hear the speculation that Kiki is being recast.  I agree with the poster from earlier who said we could cut loose Silas, Nina, Ava, Franco, and Kiki.  And I'd throw in Madeline too. Right now the only connection any one of them has to the show outside of that bubble is Ava's connection to Sonny or Morgan via her child.*  Just dump them all into the harbor.  Give them their own internet show. Whatever. But they don't need to be on GH. YMMV.

*And Franco's connection to recurring characters Scotty and Heather does not count. Scotty can be a horrible, horrible person, but he doesn't deserve being saddled with Franco.  Plus, they look about as much father and son as .... well, actually they are about one of the worst examples I can think of.  Maybe Sally Field's character being Cathy Moriaty's character's mother on Soapdish.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 2

Sorry Ron, I'm not going to forget Sam and Silas never happened. One of the few things I didn't FF, unlike the clusterfuck that is Patrick/Sam. Friday's episode was watched under 10 minutes from all the FFIng. I can't with these shitty storylines. And are Maxie and Nathan going to permanently have scenes from the bed from now on? I just can't!

And thanks Julian- I actually like you and Sonny together so I can't fast forward Sonny scenes anymore.

That's exactly the reason why Sam and Patrick are together right now, and one reason why I could never get invested in them as a couple or hate on them too much.  Their entire fling is a plot point. 

Are there relationships on this show that aren't plot points?  Maybe Brad and Lucas.  Hard to think of anyone else.

• Love 1

Lucas guilting Michael about Morgan really bugged me b/c CARLY is Morgan's mother if he needs someone to buff him up to get a life it should be his mother not Michael. Morgan will continue to be a slacker screw-up if Michael keeps enabling him anyway so Michael forcing Morgan to man up for himself isn't a bad thing.

I really think the story about Michael and his relationship with Sonny and Carly would be better served if the opposite of what is happening now happened. Everyone took Michael at his word and supported him ignoring Carly and Sonny, then over time he would be curious himself and actively seek out info on them.

And I seriously can't wait for Fluke to abduct Michael and Lucas so Sonny and Julian can go all guns blazing on him. Sonlian really are golden.

Are there relationships on this show that aren't plot points?  Maybe Brad and Lucas.  Hard to think of anyone else.

I think that's exactly why Lucas and Brad get hardly a mention, let alone a scene together. Oh no, look at the young gay couple without any ongoing drama, possibly building a life together that is as devoid as possible of mob stuff, and stolen baby stuff, and mental illness stuff, and murder stuff.

Ron just doesn't know how to make them "interesting" otherwise is the problem he can't manage to solve apparently. The threesome idea is out for the moment since Felix has died or whatever has happened to him, leaving Lucas and Brad the only gay males within a hundred mile radius, give or take.

Lucas guilting Michael about Morgan really bugged me b/c CARLY is Morgan's mother

Right now Morgan is being a better mother to Joss than Carly is because he at least spends time with her and takes her out according to Lucas.

Right now Carly's focus is to get Michael back, her other kids be damned. It's really the usual song and dance where she's concerned, Michael was always her biggest triumph, that for all her shit she somehow managed to produce her own "golden boy".

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 3

Right now Carly's focus is to get Michael back, her other kids be damned.

It feels more like her focus in on Jakeson actually. She didn't seem to care about Michael at all when she was flirting with Jakeson all New Year's Eve. Then she pays lip service to caring about Michael just so she can go hang out in Jakeson's room again.

• Love 2

Lucas as a kid also wasn't aware of all of the shit Carly had pulled yet. I still find it total crap that Bobbie even bothered to form a relationship with her myself.  Carly was toxic waste when she blew into town and that Bobbie would ever trust her, or her kid around her, after everything she pulled to me was just a load of bull.

But anyone staying mad at Carly has never lasted long on this show since her arrival.

There may be mild annoyance displayed or those who basically shrug and say "Well, it's Carly so what do you expect?". But the very few who have actually attempted to loathe and hate her guts on a permanent basis just get written off/killed off really.

Carly's in the same boat as Sonny, they're such terrible people and yet they have so many lining up to kiss their asses and excuse their shitty behaviour that it is truly unbelievable to me. Especially when most of them are people they've wronged/hurt/betrayed/cheated on/attempted to kill, etc.

The very fact that Lucas is defending Carly's bs is maddening. What Carly did to him might have happened in the past, but it was incredibly destructive and evil and by now, Lucas should have pretty much the whole story about what went down. He doesn't need to go on a co Carly hating tour with Michael (though that would be fun), but he doesn't have to sing her praises to Michael. If anyone could lay it down to Carly about her never changing behavior drove her son a way, I think it could be him. 

• Love 2

It feels more like her focus in on Jakeson actually. She didn't seem to care about Michael at all when she was flirting with Jakeson all New Year's Eve. Then she pays lip service to caring about Michael just so she can go hang out in Jakeson's room again.

Well with Carly Jason and Michael have always gone hand in hand. He is the one she always wanted to be his Daddy anyway. Since she can't have Michael for the moment she's now "leaning" on Jakson for comfort and of course, as usual, he provides it in spades.

I see all this build up between them as the base foundation for a Carly and Michael reunion which will be facilitated by Jakson once his memories kick back in. 

If anyone could lay it down to Carly about her never changing behavior drove her son a way, I think it could be him

And have someone confirm that Carly is, in fact, is being a terrible and selfish person to the son she should be on hands and knees begging forgiveness from? Someone who has the history and background to back up such a claim while confronting her and not taking her usual shit excuses?

Ron: "NEVERRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!"

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 3

Gotta applaud Lizzie for having the balls to hope that Sam doesn't hurt her "good friend Patrick."

Goddamned shame no one cared enough about Zander, Ric, Lucky, and Ewen to make sure Lizzie didn't damage them as much as she was "afraid" Sam would damage Patrick and that sociopath daughter of his.

Edited by katie9918

Wait, what?

How is that even.. Wait, this is FrankenRon.

Okay, I'm cool. And dumber.

Haha, it's a joke concerning what it would be like if Morgan and Duke ever lived together. 

So much varied and interesting POV on Michael, Morgan and Lucas after Friday’s episode.

I think I’m Team Lucas because of one line!  Some of you created better dialogue than the writer-du-jour did, but Lucas did have a line which just about sums up the long term and short term scenarios with the brothers Corinthos.  He told Michael he was:

“… oversimplying a very complicated mess”

And complicated and messy it is.  I am SOOO tired of the golden child Michael dominating so much story time and so much of his family’s attention over the years.  And I can see Morgan as the sometimes forgotten child – as the “spare.” However, I have all kinds of sympathy for Michael’s current personal crisis, and I do think he has every right to be angry.  That said, not all the objects of his current hate are equally guilty and I hope he starts realizing that soon.

On to another topic, did anyone else find the following scene amusingly ironic:  Sonny’s inept enforcer hearing Fluke complaining about the ineptitude of his subordinates?  Just goes to show how hard it is to get good help these days. 

I know Shawn, with an assist from Jordan, rescued Ric, but I’ll wait until Monday to pass judgment on his current skill level.  We’ll see if he gets out of the house on Elm Street without being caught. 

Re the ménage à sept (at various times, Patrick, Sam, Jason, Liz, Ric, Carly and Robin’s memory and visits), I have no horse in the race, so I just enjoy the scenes as they come.  What is interesting to me is how the writers are rebuilding Jake’s life somewhat as it had been with the significant women in Jason's earlier life.  The friendship/confidant(e) role with Carly.  The friend who could be more (but likely not because of “complications”) with Liz.  It’s interesting that a younger Robin was at a younger Jason’s bedside when he awoke with his memory loss.  Will she return to play a support role now just as she did then?  And then Sam – her role is still unfolding and, because she is held at arm’s length, she appears destined to be where he lands eventually.  So I liked watching Jason & Liz and Sam & Patrick for the moments they were in.  That’s all for now.

As more the tragedy of errors at the Haunted Star … more to follow.

Edited by Aurora2
  • Love 4

This post is probably better off in "The Clays" thread.

With this show that is slow-build for most couples

That is true. They fit right in with "insta-romance" couples such as Carly and Franco, Maxie and Levi, Kiki and Morgan/Michael, etc.

Edited by CPP83

Coincidentally, her glittery hoo-ha is the town welcoming committee for all new male residents; Sony's pepperoni is the welcoming committee for all new female residents.

Coincidentally, they are the love of each other's lives. 

And if Tony were still alive then he'd totally be a Carly fan as well, I'm sure Carly would be glad to tell us all why too.

What I'll surely miss about Kiki, and by "miss" I mean never wish to think about ever again, is how she could puff up with such righteous indignation about certain situations that had nothing to do with her but she would weasel herself into the middle of anyway.

Such as how she was determined to get Michael to "understand" why he should forgive and stop holding a grudge against his rape organizer, the SERIAL KILLER, because Kiki totally thought he was just a sad, lonely guy who got picked on a lot.

Never-mind the serial killing he did and rapes and general psychopathic behaviour he exhibited at will, he was just misunderstood!

But that Kiki, good ol' Kiki was forever in his corner. She just couldn't help herself, seeing the "good" in people.

RC's love for the character RH/Franco killed Kiki/Kristen. Karma. Deal with it. 

Sorry Ron, I'm not going to forget Sam and Silas never happened.

Will she talk about her relationship with Silas as recent as Friday if we are meant to forget?

What RC is going for is that, they loved each other but it didn't work. That introspection is as normal as it gets on soaps.

I think that's exactly why Lucas and Brad get hardly a mention, let alone a scene together. Oh no, look at the young gay couple without any ongoing drama, possibly building a life together that is as devoid as possible of mob stuff, and stolen baby stuff, and mental illness stuff, and murder stuff.

Ron just doesn't know how to make them "interesting" otherwise is the problem he can't manage to solve apparently. The threesome idea is out for the moment since Felix has died or whatever has happened to him, leaving Lucas and Brad the only gay males within a hundred mile radius, give or take.

And you know what could have been interesting?  Lucas, with Brad's support, confronting the insecurities about living up to Tony's legacy that apparently have been plaguing him for years.  But instead, Lucas mentions it once to Bobbie and Brad, and next thing we know, he's totally over it and already comfortably working at GH.  Lame.

• Love 3

Will she talk about her relationship with Silas as recent as Friday if we are meant to forget?

What RC is going for is that, they loved each other but it didn't work. That introspection is as normal as it gets on soaps.

I would be totally fine with the "we loved each other, but it didn't work" spin.  I, for one, would agree that it didn't work.  My problem is that we spent, what?  A year and a half?  On the "Sam learns to move on from Jason" story.  And now we're getting the SAME DAMN STORY AGAIN.  I don't mean that Sam literally or anyone else literally forgot about Silas but more that there's no takeaway, no lesson learned, no acknowledgment that the "moving on from Jason" card has already been played.  

It just bugs.  Liz worked through her rape with Lucky.  She didn't work through it again with Jason, with Ric, with Nikolas, with AJ, etc.  Jason helped Robin learn that having HIV didn't mean she could have goals and a future.  She didn't need to relearn that with Patrick.  I get that deeply traumatic events stay with you forever and you never truly get over them.  But, man.  At least find a new angle on it or something.  

• Love 1

And you know what could have been interesting?  Lucas, with Brad's support, confronting the insecurities about living up to Tony's legacy that apparently have been plaguing him for years.  But instead, Lucas mentions it once to Bobbie and Brad, and next thing we know, he's totally over it and already comfortably working at GH.  Lame.

Bonding? General couple bonding and togetherness to work through actual feelings? *Feels your forehead* The fever of logic has set in...

Wouldn't Dante bringing up Sonny (who I'm sure he has not forgotten) just make his point more for him? If Lulu was like "Johnny is no worse than your dad" Dante would be like "yeah, and he should be where Sonny is, in prison."

Both Dante and Lulu look like idiots here. Lulu's all lala well I guess if you said you're innocent Johnny, it must be true, and Dante is flipping out for no reason at all.

And Johnny is conspiring with an impostor into making everyone think he is Luke Spencer while the impostor is doing Johnny knows diddly squat what, but he knows it isn't good. He may not be the worst influence in Lulu's life, but he's pretty high up there. I mean, Dante would probably be acting as possessive even if Johnny's motives were as pure as snow, but they aren't, so. I would not be bugged as much if they played it like Lulu knew Johnny was full of shit but she was willing to give him a chance, but they're playing it like she believes he's 100% innocent. And that's ridiculous.

Yes, they both did look like idiots. I get that Lulu will always have a soft spot for Johnny .  I think most of us would for someone who was willing to take the rap for a  murder to protect us.  But she is - or should be smarter - than this.  And jealousy does NOT look good on Dante - not at all.  But his big mistake was suggesting that it was easy for Lulu to give up the Haunted Star - a business which has been important to her in the past and which has significant Spencer family connections.   

Personally, I preferred both Dante and Lulu's POV the first time this story was told (summer 2012).  And I thought yesterday's scenes were a considerable regression from the depth and reasonable POV established by both characters in these about their relationship (Aug 2, 2012).  Hopefully the writers intend to circle back to something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9SFohu3OPw

Edited by Aurora2
  • Love 3

I would be totally fine with the "we loved each other, but it didn't work" spin.  I, for one, would agree that it didn't work.  My problem is that we spent, what?  A year and a half?  On the "Sam learns to move on from Jason" story.  And now we're getting the SAME DAMN STORY AGAIN.  I don't mean that Sam literally or anyone else literally forgot about Silas but more that there's no takeaway, no lesson learned, no acknowledgment that the "moving on from Jason" card has already been played.  

It just bugs.  Liz worked through her rape with Lucky.  She didn't work through it again with Jason, with Ric, with Nikolas, with AJ, etc.  Jason helped Robin learn that having HIV didn't mean she could have goals and a future.  She didn't need to relearn that with Patrick.  I get that deeply traumatic events stay with you forever and you never truly get over them.  But, man.  At least find a new angle on it or something.  

You know, I think Sam is always going to love Jason and he would be an issue in every relationship she has. Moving on from one relationship to another when the love of your life dies wouldn't erase him from her life. A VERY UNFORTUNATE case for Sam because he is Jasus and all.  Of course it is being hammered on because he is alive and well.

I  also don't get the notion that Silas/Sam are being swept under the rug when he is in constantly in her dialogue. She doesn't demean the relationship or hand wave it. She's said many times that it was good while it lasted but it ended and she is fine with it. 'Or that Sam/Patrick happened overnight. She was friends with him even whilst she was with Silas and have had some kind of relationship with him since he showed up in town. It wasn't always friendly but they've had that discussion too. Much as I'd have wanted them to settle at strictly friends, the rocky relationship with ample time evolved to what it is now. It has been roughly a year of them constantly being in each other's orbit . That is not to say the relationship is not a plot point. It is like everything else on this show but it long drawn out plot point. Love or hate them, Sam/Patrick were written for.

I just hope that she won't discard of Patrick easily for Jakeson whenever he is revealed. I don't think Jasam will get back together and live happily every when he is revealed, they are setting it up for a very complicated reunion. IF there is one. 

• Love 4

Personally, I preferred both Dante and Lulu's POV the first time this story was told (summer 2012).  And I thought yesterday's scenes were a considerable regression from the depth and reasonable POV established by both characters in these about their relationship (Aug 2, 2012).  Hopefully the writers intend to circle back to something like this:

https://www.youtube....h?v=T9SFohu3OPw

Why do I not remember ANY of this?

Why do I not remember ANY of this?

Don't want to go off topic, but RC did write some good bits for Lulu and Dante when he (RC) first came to town in 2012.

Edited by Aurora2

I remembered today how, a year ago, I hoped that Laura is really at the top of the big bad pyramid - that she's spent the years in Paris orchestrating this entire scheme - she had to get Jerry to kidnap Robin to get Helena back after watching Luke gun her down. She'd have to insert herself back into the scheme because her lackys (Helena Fluke Jerrry Faison Dr. O etc) had all screwed up on her big revenge to wreck Port Charles (ELQs Big Pharma took years to find a cure for her mental condition and therefore she seeks revenge). Then, when everyone involved was dead or in a coma or whatever and Laura was saved from everyone (because Laura always has to be saved) the last shot would be Laura cackling alone over a cigar and a glass of sherry- and now she's the new Helena - Helena's curse finally completed.. fade to black. 

I thought of that today as I tried, in vain, to figure out how far back the Legion of Doom story goes back ... and this scenario made me much happier than I think the actual reveal will be.

Also: I think Dante has been in town for like a decade, Ron has only been writing General Hospital since February 2012.

Edited by DayPlayerAtKellys
  • Love 4

The day Sam and Patrick won't be a plot point is the day everyone knows Jason is Jason and Robin is free and they both move on from those people and have a relationship.

Not every couple on this show is a plot point, regardless of airtime. Nate/Maxie, Dante/Lulu, Molly/TJ, Alexis/Julian, Luke/Tracy, Mac/Felicia, Nina/Franco, Carly/Sonny. I could go on. Those couples weren't created to create the maximum amount of drama. Sam and Patrick were.

• Love 2

It would take something stronger than Sonny's teeny equipment to put me off my meat, heh. Mmm, meat.

think Dante has been in town for like a decade, Ron has only been writing General Hospital since February 2012.

Dante debuted in June 2009.

• Love 3

I am really, really, really not aching for more attention paid to Silas or his role with Sam or anything, but I think the way they've handled it is typical. I should amend what I said earlier on the last page, I don't think he's been swept under the rug so much as severely glossed over. I personally think he was a relative footnote in Sam's life and on the show, but I do think that you can point to him as her first attempt to mount a clean, new relationship which failed. I don't know if I'd call him a rebound per se, but that's because I also factor in John McBain to the canon and the equation (much as I do with Todd and Franco with Carly).

What annoys me a little is what I think annoys some other folks, which is classic Ron pathology at this point - if he gets bored of one story or character, or gets something else he wants late in the game, then he will reset or redo the entire thing to "do it right" with little acknowledgement of the interval. Fluke is one case, this is another. Patrick and Sam are the meatier, more dramatic story with Jason and Robin back in play, therefore Patrick and Sam are presented as the new romance in Sam's life. That's fine with me personally and I don't think they're pretending Silas didn't happen, but when they retread much of the exact same material as her early stuff with Silas, it's a little repetitive. It's not nearly as bad as the reset they did with Fluke.

It would be nice if Sam and Silas had one more scene where they sat down and deconstructed their relationship, where it went wrong and why her thing with Patrick hasn't and is different. That would be a good wrapped bow for this whole thing.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5

I feel like damn.... all these actresses and MSt is the one to take out Micheal Easton? What magical powers of evil does she harbor and can I use them for characters I hate and keep them from characters I like? I do feel ME managed to oddly outact her in a good bit of scenes (Silas learning the truth and confronting Nina, Silas gets the baby back, Nina hallucinating Silas, drunk Silas suspecting Nina, and a couple others) because MSt was imo going so far off the rails it was strange. But with KeMo, there wasn't any energy once MSt came on board. It's sad in a way because out of the new hires of Ron, only a few stood out as longterm characters that could have fit in. Instead of the OLTL crossover, he should have just had ME play a damn cop. Britt was decent and Morgan is needed. (AJ is a legacy character and is unspoken as needed. )

So now what? Sam is sucked into more kissing Jason's ass? Yes. Let's go back in time. Oh can she beg too with the figurines and the damn song? While Patrick has Robin begging for his forgiveness? Nah.

• Love 1

Stafford isn't what took out Michael Easton. Michael Easton has been coasting on reputation for the better part of 12 years, and his previous character helped wreck my previous soap. I have had next to nil interest in Silas's continuing future since the moment he turned around and faced Sam in New York on his first day.

And to me the only thing wrong with Britt's exit is she was not killed onscreen.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5
It would be nice if Sam and Silas had one more scene where they sat down and deconstructed their relationship, where it went wrong and why her thing with Patrick hasn't and is different

Patrick and Sam have barely been together for the moment, if things are going "well", so to speak, it's because they're just beginning, they've barely established themselves as a dating couple.  As I recall Silas and Sam weren't in the most dire of straits when they were three months or so into the swing of things either.

Imo Ron is trying to present it as if Sam and Patrick being friends beforehand is making the difference, whereas Sam and Silas seemed to form their romantic and friendship bonds at the same time.

I think he wants to make it seem that it's due to their long history as to why they're hitting it off so fast and so soon, but being friends and dating are two very different things.  

On Friday there were a number of plot anvils, imho, about whether or not they should take such a big first step with the dinner date and potential sleepover afterwards, such as the scenes where Patrick's with Liz, Sam's with Alexis, Sam's alone with Jason's picture, even Jakson breaking in at the end is apart of it .

Yet on the flip side we haven't even had a scene with Sam and Emma interacting really or Patrick discussing with Emma how she may feel about Sam dating Patrick. We've barely even gotten a read on how Emma feels about the divorce or missing Robin.

For all the time Ron spent having Emma be front and center with Patrick's romances with Britt and Sabrina, while she thought her mother was dead, now she's hardly mentioned and when she is she's always on a sleepover nine times out of ten.

He's also not bothered to have Patrick interacting much with Danny of late, mainly Ron has isolated Sam and Patrick from their kids, at least in many actual scenes imo, when they're together so he can have them talk about all manner of adult themes, such as sex dreams and being so attracted to each other and not wanting to wait, acting as if they can't wait any longer to get it on, blah blah.

It's like Ron has encased Sam and Patrick in a bubble so he can force and push things along at a rapid pace, because he needs them either on their way to bed or emerging from it to really get the reaction he'll want when "Jason" is unmasked.

Basically everyone is telling them to "go for it" as if they have nothing to lose. Patrick won't even mention Robin's name, Sam waffles about Jason but she's still willing to dive in head first, and of course all of this is coming to a head as Jakson is about to strike.

Just hearing Sam sound so determined on Friday, and to me plain ol' desperate, about how the date night just had to happen, that they had to do it right then, right there, that night, that tomorrow would be too late, that there could be no more waiting, as if she's on some sort of love life deadline she couldn't afford to miss or squander. It's a wonder I remained conscious after so many plot anvils were dropped on my head all at once.

I can already envision it now, Sam will weep bitter tears as she realizes she was so focused on Patrick while trying to take down Jake she missed "all the obvious signs" that he was actually her "true wuv" Jason returned, while Patrick pouts about Jason totally stealing his spotlight or spot in Sam's bed or whatever he'll do. He'll probably try and get in touch with Robin so he can yell at her over lying to him about Jason dying because he would have had sex with Sam sooner if he knew his greatest competition could return at any second.

• Love 1

For me it's not about a discussion of Patrick and Sam being some amazing success so much as about why Silas and Sam fell apart. They never really got going IMO, and I think if the show wanted to properly delineate the difference and deal in it, it would be interesting to sort of talk about what happened. There are things I've always wanted Patrick and Sam to talk about that I don't feel they have enough - I think the show has only briefly touched on their prior antipathy and Patrick's issues with Jason as a criminal. But in terms of Silas, I think they would do well to have those two autopsy that individually. It's just a character beat that interests me but it's the only thing about Silas that does. I mean, he could go insane like his brother and start killing extraneous characters as some sort of Doctor Death, I could go for that.

• Love 4

I thought Sam and Silas were fine. I never believed that they'd last very long, especially with a not dead Jason always hanging over their heads, but I didn't think they were a terrible or pointless couple. Not by far when I had Carly crawling all over Franco and Kiki with anyone, and Patrick with Sabrina, etc. They were middle of the road, nothing too special but nothing too horrible either.

But really, regardless of who it is, Ron doesn't give these characters real talking points, he's no reason to, imo.

Sam and Silas talking would be akin to Robin and Patrick talking or that being hinted at even, he doesn't want to focus on what used to be because he has to get his crap ducks in a row for the big "shebang!" to come.

Silas and Sam talking would also be an adult move, to me it was never necessary to have them break up and then act as if they're practically strangers now.

Patrick "divorced" Robin and it's as if their years of history, and sharing a kid together, have gone poof in favour of him putting all his energy into getting into Sam's pants. He doesn't even father his kid anymore hardly, at least in scenes, because of that, not to mention he basically has no work life anymore, no personal life, unless it ties to Sam one way or another.

He can't even go into an office in the hospital without finding Sam hiding under the desk in the most childlike pose ever, it's that sort of WTELF scenes that irk. 

If Patrick's at work somehow he finds a way to talk about Sam to someone, and if he isn't at work and he runs into someone he knows, say Anna or Georgie, they discuss Sam. Does he bring up work at all? How Emma's doing in school? Does he even ask them really how they're doing or what they've been up to? Everything circulates around Sam and Sam specific subjects. And if he isn't doing any of that then usually it means he is actually with Sam talking to her face to face.

And the same goes for Sam, if it isn't Patrick on the brain it's Jake now, and if it isn't Jake it's Patrick, with a Danny mention thrown in for good measure now and then to make it seem as if she remembers she is a mother half the time. And if we're really lucky she'll caress Jason's picture like the saintly bloke he is and reminisce about their great "romance".

Friday during their talk Sam and Alexis didn't even blink or bother to bring up Julian being in prison or whether or not they should be concerned he'd make such a move. Perhaps Julian is in danger again which means so are they, but nope-it was all about Patrick and Sam and their "special night".

Ron makes these couples practically obsess about each other day in, day out, they do nothing else but talk about each other or hang out together or have sex every way but crooked, or dream about doing so, until they end and there's never any followup really. After months of feelings and passion and "love" it all vanishes as soon as they call it quits.

It's Ron applying his own tunnel vision to these figures. I don't even feel as if I'm hearing the characters speak for themselves anymore, whenever they open their mouths I hear Ron. It's as if at every turn whatever they say, however they say it or why feeds right back into Ron's agenda/s.

Does it really make sense for Michael to care so damn much about Luke and Bobbie's old house to turn into a clinic all of a sudden? Hey it ties him to notLuke./Luke, who cares.

Is it really necessary to have this agent Sloane blow into town to take down Anna? Who cares, it's a new character Ron came up with all by himself, good enough.

Lulu is being played for the fool by Johnny while Dante spits jealous hell fire with horrific hair, couldn't this have panned out a bit differently? Ron wants a new triangle to screw with until he can unmask Jason, get used to it.

Things happen on this show so Ron can get to where he wants to go, imho, if things don't seem to fit naturally, and to me they hardly ever do, he'll make them fit.

I think that's why he hardly has Sam say much about Silas now except that they used to date and now don't. It ends the conversation before it can begin and that's fine by him, it's less history he has to try and remember and keep straight.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 6
Then we can screen-test Jordan and Silas?

I think that they'd make a cute couple. However she's a cop and he's a doctor so neither are a career criminal and therefore Ron would claim he just can't do anything with such a "boring" couple's concept.

Ron: "What the hell would they even do or talk about?? What's a family dinner in PC unless bullets, babies and bolognese sauce are flying all around??".

Though now I have it in my head that Silas could then mentor TJ and help him realize that he too would like to practice medicine one day, to become the next upcoming GH staffer. 

Tequan could really pull off that sort of role, I think, and it'd be nice to see someone, anyone, in this crap town actually working hard, going to college to earn a degree that matters and actually harkens back to what GH used to be about. The hospital and the people within it.

They could even have Molly think about becoming a nurse or a nurse practitioner or a doctor as well to join him.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 3

Ron makes these couples practically obsess about each other day in, day out, they do nothing else but talk about each other or hang out together or have sex every way but crooked, or dream about doing so, until they end and there's never any followup really. After months of feelings and passion and "love" it all vanishes as soon as they call it quits.

This is basically every couple on this show except maybe Dante and Lulu, which is a big part of the problem with it, IMO. It's like every character has one story and one story only--usually a story about whoever they're having sex with or trying to have sex with at the moment--and it's like nothing else in the world exists or ever has existed for them.  I don't know if it's block taping or what.  Maybe it's just too logistically difficult to have characters weave in and out of multiple stories at the same time?  But whatever it is, it makes the majority of the cast look really stupid.  It's like they spend 6 months or a year intensely focused on one thing and one thing only, to the exclusion of everything else including friends and family, and when that one thing is over, they move onto the next thing with same degree of intense focus and forget the last thing just happened.  It's frustrating and also makes a lot of the characters seem really self-involved.

• Love 5

I was not a OLTL watcher during Ron's years but question: Can Ron create a successful good guy? Not take one all ready there but create one full cloth. It seems all the characters he has created for GH are bad guys, except for Silas and Nathan and Silas has bombed and is likely out and Nathan, while improving, is really not the show stopping good guy that GH desperately needs

• Love 1

Lucas guilting Michael about Morgan really bugged me b/c CARLY is Morgan's mother if he needs someone to buff him up to get a life it should be his mother not Michael.

Well, come on, it's Carly. Lucas knows she's never going to be anything resembling a decent mother to her kids.

The great shame about Sam and Patrick is that I thought they had good chemistry as friends. (there were a few scenes of them during Danny's cancer scare in particular, when he actually encouraged her to move on from Jason with Silas) But this adventure buddies turned romantic crap just seems so forced. And every time Patrick mentions Emma in another sleep over I crack up.

and once again, Shawn proves his incompetence. Wasn't he supposed to be a stealthy and shadowy and NOT alert Fluke to his presence? So why in the name of Jasus did he decide to bust open the cellar door with that crowbar?? I mean, he put down the lock picking kit in favor of the blunt instrument. 

He is the worst, and by that I mean he is exactly the henchman Sonny deserves.

• Love 6

This is basically every couple on this show except maybe Dante and Lulu, which is a big part of the problem with it, IMO. It's like every character has one story and one story only--usually a story about whoever they're having sex with or trying to have sex with at the moment--and it's like nothing else in the world exists or ever has existed for them.  I don't know if it's block taping or what.  Maybe it's just too logistically difficult to have characters weave in and out of multiple stories at the same time?  But whatever it is, it makes the majority of the cast look really stupid.  It's like they spend 6 months or a year intensely focused on one thing and one thing only, to the exclusion of everything else including friends and family, and when that one thing is over, they move onto the next thing with same degree of intense focus and forget the last thing just happened.  It's frustrating and also makes a lot of the characters seem really self-involved.

Ron writes these characters like they have a sort of hive mentality, one goal in life, one purpose, one directive and that is to serve Ron's bottom line for whatever storyline he's come up with.

All else ceases to matter or exist in their lives as he writes something for a time as being the most important thing ever, until he then switches to something else, and then something else, and then something else, hardly ever bothering to tie up any loose ends, or finishing a story period.

He just flips a switch and suddenly a character is no longer married, or in love, or alive, or dead, or employed, or on vacation, or at a sleepover, or being programed to kill at will when given an order.

And when it comes to him and how he writes his couples? I've seen Nature specials with more in-depth and decently paced courtships and romances. 

I think about Maxie and Nathan currently as one of the more glaring examples, aside from Sam and Patrick, for the moment.

Ron writes Maxie as a woman who goes on and on about losing time with her daughter, wanting to be a mum, wanting to forge a bond and relationship with her baby girl. For months and months this goes on for.

Then suddenly she gets to visit her for a week and she's practically had enough of the whole parenting gig. She has to get back to PC to smooch Nathan at midnight on New Years or else "all will be ruined!".

So not only do both Nathan and Maxie race around like headless chickens, they bring in jets and super spy favours from deadbeat fathers and the whole kit and caboodle.

Ron was so impressed with how he "masterfully" orchestrated that entire mess too, as if we were all on the edge of our seats, waiting with baited breath to see if they would or could make it in time or not.

And since then Maxie and Nathan have spent 90% of their time together naked, getting naked, getting naked in bed, having sex, supposedly basking in the afterglow of sex, and then going at it again for round two, or twelve.

If Ron can't stick someone into a love triangle/quadrangle/vortex from hell then he basically goes "meh" about them until he feels like using them again. Which normally means he's found some way to make something happen in their "love life".

Michael suddenly starts getting screen time again after the holidays, where we barely heard a peep from him after Thanksgiving, just as Rosalie comes back into the picture.

Monica got some attention solely because of her dealings with the judge and how he could "fix" Maxie's custody issues. Now we hear she's getting to entertain Danny at the Q mansion, as far as actually seeing them spending time together? Not a chance in hell because Danny's mum is too busy "body melding" with her new boyfriend.

Liz either runs into Jake or sticks close to Ric now if she ever gets scenes at all, and as for her kids? What kids? Aiden? (Who?).

Olivia got some attention, and action, because apparently she has nothing going on in her life but to bitch about Alexis and pine after Ned.

Alexis for the moment seems determined to pout over Julian sleeping with Olivia while also trying to pretend as if she's really into Ned so much more this time around.

Jordan keeps jumping into bed with Shawn and worrying about being killed on the job. When is the last time she even had a scene with TJ? At best the kid gets a mention.

And these are just the characters that came to my mind at random. 

Ron keeps everyone in these...really, to me, they're holding patterns that he forces them to be confined within if they aren't currently in one of his all consuming relationships he just "loves" to write.

He only plays them when he feels like it and he explains that apparently they've been quite the busy little beavers off screen. Traveling, dating, leaving, returning, sleepovers that last for months on end, has it been a week or a month since we last saw them? Let's go three just to be on the safe side and hey by the way they've gotten over whatever that problem might have been which you may or may not have forgotten about by now but if you hadn't don't sweat it, it's totally cool.

Can Ron create a successful good guy?

I think the question is actually does he even want to?

Ron's like a kid, imo, he does what he wants and if he's made to do something he doesn't he'll make you regret it. He's shown that he can be rather petty and petulant, so I'm sure he could do a lot of things better than he does or even differently but he just isn't being made to do so and has no desire in himself to do so either.

And every time Patrick mentions Emma in another sleep over I crack up.

It reminds me of the sour cream commercial, where parents go over to the neighbours and see that their son has been included in the family portrait because apparently he's over at their house pretty much all the time so it's as if he's now one of them.

He is the worst, and by that I mean he is exactly the henchman Sonny deserves.

The perfect response when Julian found out that Sonny sent Shawn out to "take care of business" would have been to laugh so hard he cried and then let out string of expletives in French while Sonny looked confused and possibly even a little turned on.

Jason is going to be like so jelly when he finds out that Sonny was working with Julian at the end of this too. [/Valley girl voice].

• Love 5

Can Ron create a successful good guy?

From the way other characters were talking ("he was doing as he was ordered!") and Ron himself was tweeting at the end of OLTL, ("Will Tomas get back to Blair?") he'd probably say Tomas was a hero.  But I know legions of Todd fans who would vehemently disagree with him.

• Love 1

I like Liz with Ric, and I can already see how this will play out.  Liz and Ric will break up for some lame reason.  Liz and Jake will consider dating.  Jake will remember he is Jason, and get back together with Sam.

• Love 3

They looked like a cute couple with their hospital aide/dental assistant uniforms.

I have to wear scrubs at school and I'm not happy to be dressing like Sonny! 

Seriously, I just want to call Cookie from Empire over to teach her some lessons.

OMG!  She could read Carly like the filth she is, beat Sonny with the broom handle of respect, not even bother with Fluke because he's a waste of time and energy, get a couple of gentle fashion tips from Jordan and Maxie, and then leave town strutting down the middle of the road because she can totally handle the streets. No sidewalks needed. 

• Love 6

Did RC create Brody on OLTL? Brody was a good guy. Sigh, I miss him.

I think GH has good guys, but most of them never get any screen time while the villains are literally on every single day. This whole thing with Legion of Doom would maybe be worth it in the end if I believed that the good guys were gonna be the victors and the bad guys would all be gone, but we all know that isn't gonna happen.

• Love 5