Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

The only five things I'm remotely interested in are this Johnny story, Carlos's wtf faces at everyone, Micheal Quartermaine and the amazing offscreen adventures he's having, Billy Miller playing real boy Jason who doesn't hate his family, and AJ being alive in a coma somewhere. And I made the last one up to keep myself happy.

I'd have taken "killing AZ was a public service" as a reason to spring Johnny. Though lol at Lulu's face. They really were a big thing? I'd have rather Johnny impregnated Olivia. I loved Johnny/Olivia.

At least Sonny has the goons to keep him company now. Yay?

• Love 1

In the previews it looks like one of the Q sets got painted gray. uGH!

Johnny cackling like a hyena and the Lucas/Julian scenes were good, but the rest was forgettable filler.

I believe ER tookover Lulu in Mar/Apr 13. Was BB already gone by then?

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 1

A. Ron's lazy

B. Ron doesn't really WANT to write Jason, so Jake it is!

C. Ron has no talent

D. All of the above

Seriously. I mean, hell. At least have Hells hire a woman to pretend to be his wife. Like, make it soapy as shit.

• Love 2

Lucas calling Julian "dad" made me cringe. I hate it (and I actually DO support this relationship and like the actors' chemistry but enough is enough). We never saw any natural development between them to get to such a point. Not even an exposition scene between Lucas and someone not Julian explaining all of a sudden why Lucas would feel comfortable enough to do so when he had a real father who loved him and raised him. 

This is the problem with RC's writing. It's a bunch of snapshots of characters and relationships. It's like those youtube celebs and the draw my life in 3 min videos. We get the gist, but not the how, and whys.

In any case I'm sick of Lucas only being on to prop Julian, or listen to him, Carly, Lulu, and Maxie bitch about their love lives.  Can he get his own story line please? Can I get some Lucas and Bobbie scenes?

Edited by BinkyMimo88
  • Love 6

Dude, I think Ron blocked me on twitter. All I did was ask him why Sonny only got 30 years for murdering AJ. I said worse when Sonny murdered AJ. I said worse just on like random days. I've been trying to get blocked for a year.

That man blocks everyone who doesn't tweet how much they love the show/him.

• Love 3

Morgan broke my heart today. He was hurting, and at least Sonny had the decency to say that Morgan would have been a good father. Where is Rosalie to cheer him up?

I assume she's banging Michael off-screen.

• Love 3

In the previews it looks like one of the Q sets got painted gray. uGH!

Johnny cackling like a hyena and the Lucas/Julian scenes were good, but the rest was forgettable filler.

I believe ER tookover Lulu in Mar/Apr 13. Was BB already gone by then?

I think his last scenes were in May, but they never shared any scenes.

Today, I noticed that they actually look like they could be father and son. I'd give kudos to casting, but I'm sure it was more lucky happenstance rather than planning. 

Except Julian didn't always look like that. He had plastic surgery, and the Julian of years ago looked nothing like he does today.

I hate what the writers are doing with Liz right now. HATE. It's dumb. So very dumb.

I keep reminding myself it's not about Liz, it's about Jakeson. I want them to sleep together so that Carly can sputter about it. Again.

• Love 1

I keep reminding myself it's not about Liz, it's about Jakeson. I want them to sleep together so that Carly can sputter about it. Again.

And I get that. I do. But I hate the Jake stuff, too. Why is his return about crushing on Liz? Or flirting with Carly!? No. Noooooo.

• Love 4

You know, I have zero issues with Tony being gay and I enjoyed that little clip.

I had no idea about his sexuality, he actually activates my gag reflex in that matter. I just think he's a horrible, cheesy actor with absolutley no range or depth, however I realize MMV given his popularity.

Dude, I think Ron blocked me on twitter.

He blocked me and I never even said anything to him.  Although I am a blogger for  Daytime Confidential and have said my fair share about him there, so maybe it was more of a pre-emptive strike on his part!!   Which is unfortunate, because I so desperately want to ask him what he's thinking half the time.

• Love 1

Dude, I think Ron blocked me on twitter. All I did was ask him why Sonny only got 30 years for murdering AJ. I said worse when Sonny murdered AJ. I said worse just on like random days. I've been trying to get blocked for a year.

You question the Great One, of course he's blocked you!

Right before Johnny left for prison, didn't  he give his half of the HS to Starr a character who no longer exists so I wonder who owns that half now.

I just love all these loose plot points that can never be resolved.  Thank you PP!

• Love 2

I'm worried about my Johnny. I know I can't have nice things on this show so Johnny finally out of jail for crimes that never happened*,I'm automatically worried worse is in store for him.

* (I know, it was changed to Anthony's murder but Diane had outright said she could get him off that one, it was ColenHope he had to go down for, and he confessed to Anthony's murder as a means of sticking the baby switch on Todd, No? So why'd he confess now?)

I hope Carlos is really gonna give Julian a heads up... I want those crazy Bro's to work it out.

I am anti facial hair, full, stubble, I just dislike it all (that's probably why I like BB... And Chad over Bryan) but all I could think about during the Julian and Lucas scenes was how Ryan has joined the very small group (lead by Alexis Denisof) of exceptions to my rule. He looked great. Well that and why isn't Lucas on more?!

• Love 3

It's a lie. I guess Johnny is fully balls to the wall evil now, since he's working with Fluke. Unless he doesn't know he's working for Fluke. I can't tell if Agent Not Hot is shady or if he actually believes that Johnny was framed.

Based on the conversation between Fluke and Carlos, I, too, took it as this cop, Padilla, was bribed and/or coerced into saying she set-up Johnny for the fall, but that, yes, Johnny still did kill AZ and those other, unnamed two.  I hate the way this regime is writing Johnny.  He's not the Johnny I knew and loved, pre-RC. 

As to Agent Not Hot, I saw a pic of him on another site, wearing glasses, and there he did look hot.  Ah, well, the point is moot now. 

Lucas calling Julian dad is such lazy shorthand to convey they got close.

What got me was Lucas calling him "Pops"!

I enjoyed Olivia's takedown of Alexis.  It's about time someone called her out for her hypocrisy and self-delusion.  I like Alexis, but she's one of the worst in PC, in this regard.  What surprised me was Alexis just standing there and taking it.

• Love 3

When Mr. Moving and I were watching the Fluke/Carrrrlos scene the both of us shouted "Carrrrlos shoot him!!!!" at the same time.  After we high fived each other, we began to wonder how many other viewers uttered the same phrase or sentiment at the same time we did.

Edited by movingtargetgal
  • Love 9

Based on the conversation between Fluke and Carlos, I, too, took it as this cop, Padilla, was bribed and/or coerced into saying she set-up Johnny for the fall, but that, yes, Johnny still did kill AZ and those other, unnamed two.  I hate the way this regime is writing Johnny.  He's not the Johnny I knew and loved, pre-RC.

I thought they wrote him fine before they left, but this is definitely starting to get no-remorse evil level, unless Johnny doesn't know Fluke is a Luke imposter. He might not know what his boss looks like.

• Love 3

What got me about the writing for Johnny - and I think this was under RC's reign - was the absurdly reckless way he chose to kill AZ.  Johnny was never stupid and that was stupid times one hundred.

• Love 4
I just love all these loose plot points that can never be resolved.  Thank you PP!

Ron shouldn't have depended so strongly on the PP characters.

Based on the conversation between Fluke and Carlos, I, too, took it as this cop, Padilla, was bribed

I didn't know robots could be bribed. Huh. Learn something every day.

What surprised me was Alexis just standing there and taking it.

She knew Olivia was right and was feeling guilty about it. That scene with Ned and Alexis in bed saying they were ready to be in a relationship together, when both of them clearly weren't, happened a few minutes (in PC time) before breakfast.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4
I enjoyed Olivia's takedown of Alexis.  It's about time someone called her out for her hypocrisy and self-delusion

Which is all well and good, but name me one character that doesn't apply to. And that includes Olivia. Not to say Alexis didn't deserve what she got, but Olivia ranting about hypocrisy is rich. I can't take this shit seriously.

• Love 8

Which is all well and good, but name me one character that doesn't apply to. And that includes Olivia. Not to say Alexis didn't deserve what she got, but Olivia ranting about hypocrisy is rich. I can't take this shit seriously.

You'll get no argument from me on that score.  This town is riddled with hypocrites and the self-deluded.  Alexis, for me, is just one of the worst and I thoroughly enjoyed someone in PC taking her down a peg or two.  Now, if someone would just do the same for my other worst, Carly....  She's not suffered nearly enough. I'd question she's suffered at all.

• Love 7

I'm over Johnny. Makes me so sad to say that, but he's just annoyingly OTT evil now. Boring. Plus, BB looks like shit. How they managed to make him look so bad, I have no idea.

Carly and Liz looked really nice. And I was even liking Liz up until she was telling Ric he had nothing to worry about and then getting her 'pensive about Jake' look. Bitch, stop this shit already!

Lucas looked hot as hell.

That's all I got. I honestly don't even remember most of what happened.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4

I've only seen her with the plastic surgery though. Maybe if I saw more of her in the early days I'd feel different.

You would believe me. Get thee to youtube for proof!!

When Mr. Moving and I were watching the Fluke/Carrrrlos scene the both of us shouted "Carrrrlos shoot him!!!!"

I do that every single time one of these idiots goes on and on about Fluke threatening them etc. The dude isn't walking around town with a security staff - kill him and end this nonsense.

So tired of the Golden Girls crap.

• Love 4

Did Carly actually knock on a door in the Metrocourt? Usually she uses her own key to let herself in - things are looking up in 2015!

I'll watch the Golden Girls with Julian and Lucas and drink Bloody Marys. Heck, I'd watch anything with those two!!

It continues to irritate that Carly is not miserable and not suffering, but lounging around having breakfast with amnesiacs who blow smoke up her ass.  Hey Carls, why not have breakfast with the daughter you inflicted a SERIAL KILLER on?

For fuck's sake, are Julian and Lucas really not allowed to talk unless "The Golden Girls" are mentioned?  I think Ron has beaten that "joke" into the ground more than BLTs and Allegra.

Hold up, RobOfficer Padilla had already disappeared by the time Johnny killed Anthony, right?

Oh Johnny, the only thing Lulu is "wild" about these days is babies.

I find her glee and carefree attitude to be astonishing.  Why are they writing her this way?  She should be angst-ridden, running around town trying to get friends and family to help her rebuild her broken relationship with Michael.  She should be going on an apology tour, starting with her daughter and son, for hooking up with Franco.  She should at least be a little depressed about how fucked up her life is, and how she fucked it up.

• Love 6

I find her glee and carefree attitude to be astonishing. Why are they writing her this way? She should be angst-ridden, running around town trying to get friends and family to help her rebuild her broken relationship with Michael. She should be going on an apology tour, starting with her daughter and son, for hooking up with Franco. She should at least be a little depressed about how fucked up her life is, and how she fucked it up.

This x 26786689. Yet she's SO giggly and happy like nothing she did was wrong.

• Love 5

This x 26786689. Yet she's [Carly's] SO giggly and happy like nothing she did was wrong.

For serious!  

She should be the town pariah, but instead she's the toast of the town.  Why is nobody calling her out on her shit?

I wish Helena would let Robin send Carly a postcard.  "Greetings from Paris, you poisonous bitch!".

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 10

I find her glee and carefree attitude to be astonishing.  Why are they writing her this way?  She should be angst-ridden, running around town trying to get friends and family to help her rebuild her broken relationship with Michael.  She should be going on an apology tour, starting with her daughter and son, for hooking up with Franco.  She should at least be a little depressed about how fucked up her life is, and how she fucked it up.

She is too busy recreating the Jarly dynamic of old with Jason's better. He is better because he emotes, and is going to team with Michael and the Qs against S&C.

It might still happen. Wait for it.

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS
  • Love 3

She is too busy recreating the Jarly dynamic of old with Jason's better. He is better because he emotes, and is going to team with Michael and the Qs against S&C.

It might still happen. Wait for it.

I'll tell you, my interest in Jake(son) was minimal to begin with (I think Billy Miller's a talented dude, but Jason in any form was not needed back at all), but the last few days with Carls have sent that interest plummeting to rock bottom.

• Love 14

I'll tell you, my interest in Jake(son) was minimal to begin with (I think Billy Miller's a talented dude, but Jason in any form was not needed back at all), but the last few days with Carls have sent that interest plummeting to rock bottom.

I have no issue with BM; it's the way they're writing this story that sucks. All he's been doing is listening to the life stories of Liz and Carly and recently going back-and-forth with Sam. Ron hasn't been writing for Jason/Jake in a deep way at all. We're not seeing HIS life or seeing how he's dealing with not knowing who he is.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1

I have no issue with BM; it's the way they're writing this story that sucks. All he's been doing is listening to the life stories of Liz and Carly and recently going back-and-forth with Sam. Ron hasn't been writing for Jason/Jake in a deep way at all. We're not seeing HIS life or seeing how he's dealing with not knowing who he is.

I'm not even joking here this time, but Ron Carlivati cannot "do" deep. He just can't. For all of Guza's bullshit, he and his writing team - when they gave a rat's ass - knew how to go deep (even if that was rare because hey, mob wars!). Ron knows camp and '80s references and GH is all the poorer for his lack of depth.

• Love 9

Yeah, I know. Ron is all about plot and extremes. I just know in his head he's like, "Look! Everyone is so happy!!! Ric and Liz! Carly! Sam and Patrick! And then BAM, I'll reveal Jason is alive!!!!!"

Carly has always been, shall we say, self-focused. And that's putting it kindly. I'm appalled that she's not groveling on her hands and knees for Michael's forgiveness, but not surprised. By all logic, no one should want anything to do with her, and the only reason she's unhappy at all is because Michael isn't thanking her for taking him away from "pathetic drunk" A.J. and then helping to cover up his real father's murder.

• Love 7

There are certain characters who are never called out under Ron's pen. Carly is one of them. Patrick is another.

Michael called out Carly quite well at the HalloWedding.

Patrick has yet to have anyone confront him about his loathsome behavior.

• Love 2

Michael called out Carly quite well at the HalloWedding.

Patrick has yet to have anyone confront him about his loathsome behavior.

IMO, the problem with being called out is that it only works when there's a subsequent change in attitude/behavior. Considering that Carly is all smiles and giggles when she's with Jakeson, it doesn't seem like Michael's anger has had any effect at all, much less a positive effect.

• Love 7

IMO, the problem with being called out is that it only works when there's a subsequent change in attitude/behavior. Considering that Carly is all smiles and giggles when she's with Jakeson, it doesn't seem like Michael's anger has had any effect at all, much less a positive effect.

This was what I was about to type, but you said it much better. It's kinda like if Person X is mad at Person Y. If Y doesn't care and doesn't change, then "calling them out" is moot.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1