Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

And this episode of "Intestinal Distress" was brought to us by the Hack Writer Who Ruins EVERYTHING.  Man, I hated how Guza made everything about Carly Sonny and Jason but I hated even more how he distorted and blurred the lines between right and wrong until those terms became virtually meaningless.  Frankly I see no difference on screen between him and Ron C.  at all.

Hard to believe I was so happy to see Duke back, when now I'd like him deported - buried alive, shades of AMC.  To have to listen to this Rocky Raccoon lookalike give Anna attitude was ..... too much.

That..whateverthehellyouwanttocallit gathering at Wyndemere was pure shite.  Dr. O and her friggin' noodles, Spencer (I hate that character to an unseemly degree), with Olbrecht whining on and on about Faison, and THEN, AND THEN!!!! - to end it with that sappy bullshit of Britt, Nathan and that psychopath playing Happy Families......The only positive is that for one instance, at least, Count Dickolas and his mutant offspring weren't the most insufferable persons in the room.

Olivia in Monica's house....it says a lot that because of everything else this didn't seem so bad.  But it is, oh yes it is.  I wish someone had stuck two cannolis up her nose.

Helena strolling into Liz' house and not getting caught, and then she and Faison on the terrace at Wyndemere.  Unless the place is being turned into a Home for Aging Nutjobs, it didn't work.

Luke back, whether it be Fluke or Luke, in the asylum with Alexis or at the Quartermaines......I never cared for the character or the actor very much, but nowadays.....even less.  A lot less.

And just let me throw in how horrible Duke is one more time because he's just that bad.

But NOTHING can match those two slimeballs feeling so sorry for themselves in the visitors room at Pentonville, commiserating how badly they've been treated.  There isn't enough degreaser in the world to clean that room after all that self-pity and self-regard oozed out of them.  

We did hear Sonny finally articulate exactly what Michael means to him, though.  When he was lamenting that MIchael dumped his sorry ass name, he said that now he has "no connection to Michael, he's not MINE anymore".   That's the guy Carly gave her kid too.  But what a surprise since she's just as selfish and almost as dumb.

• Love 7

I'm disappointed Sam didn't throw Liz into the oven.

I'm disappointed that nobody's disappointed Patrick didn't get shoved into the oven as punishment for being an ass by inviting Sam ... and his many other crappy choices, the latest being taking Emma to Aunt Elizabeth and 'boyfriend' Cameron's house instead of spending the holiday with her Scorpio-Jones family, as a consolation prize because Mommy is not with her on Thanksgiving. Ugh.

• Love 5

I'm disappointed that nobody's disappointed Patrick didn't get shoved into the oven as punishment for being an ass by inviting Sam ... and his many other crappy choices, the latest being taking Emma to Aunt Elizabeth and 'boyfriend' Cameron's house instead of spending the holiday with her Scorpio-Jones family, as a consolation prize because Mommy is not with her on Thanksgiving. Ugh.

I kind of thought that went without saying, Bringonthedrama. Maybe Sam and Helena could have teamed up and thrown Doctor Douchenozzle and Stalky McStalkerson in there together.

• Love 2

It's so sad what's become of Patrick. The character literally has no depth. The audience is just supposed to think that he's super happy and has the feels for Sam.

That really applies to most of the characters now. 90% of them and their relationships are shallow.

• Love 4

Cobalt - Gotcha. I was just pointing out that Patrick decided he would put his two female friends in an uncomfortable situation because he wants what he wants. Elizabeth didn't ask/put Patrick on the spot by suggesting he bring along Jason's wife and son. I think she invited Patrick and Emma because there aren't other Drake relatives in Port Charles right now and figured it's a little awkward for Patrick to be with the Scorpios on a holiday when he's divorcing their daughter/niece. Sam didn't ask to tag along to Liz's dinner- she tried to decline Patrick's request. It's all.about.him. God forbid he drop his daughter off to see her grandmother or her Uncle Mac and Aunt Felicia for a family holiday.

• Love 2

It's so sad what's become of Patrick. The character literally has no depth. The audience is just supposed to think that he's super happy and has the feels for Sam.

I don't think we're supposed to feel like he's super happy

That..whateverthehellyouwanttocallit gathering at Wyndemere was pure shite.  Dr. O and her friggin' noodles, Spencer (I hate that character to an unseemly degree), with Olbrecht whining on and on about Faison, and THEN, AND THEN!!!! - to end it with that sappy bullshit of Britt, Nathan and that psychopath playing Happy Families....

Nathan and Britt taking O's hand while tinkly music played was just bizarre, considering at the end of the episode we see Obrecht once again threaten to ruin Britt's relationship with Nikolas.

• Love 4

A part of me fears Patrick being around Anna, Mac, Maxie, etc, because I just know Ron would use that time for them to feel sorry for Patty and push him toward Sam instead of...supporting Robin and being wary of the entire situation.

I don't think we're supposed to feel like he's super happy

That's just how he comes off to me, I guess. I don't see a broken, sad man. Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1

Nathan and Britt taking O's hand while tinkly music played was just bizarre, considering at the end of the episode we see Obrecht once again threaten to ruin Britt's relationship with Nikolas.

And wasn't Nathan mad about Dr. O's involvement from the sidelines in Nina and Magda's shenanigans?

I like that family unit more than most, but even I thought that was a bit smurfy for them.  Dr. O kinda smiling, happy that her kids have a nice relationship, but sad that she isn't part of it, would have made more sense. 

• Love 5

God forbid he drop his daughter off to see her grandmother or her Uncle Mac and Aunt Felicia for a family holiday.

Then people would have complained that he pawned his daughter off on other family members instead of spending it with her. I really think that people are just determined to hate him, no matter what. It's always lose-lose. Which is fine, I just have so many other characters I have seething hatred for, Patrick isn't even a blip on my radar screen. YMMV.

• Love 8

Can someone tell me in one sentence if Helena "fake" died or "really" died but someone revived her?

I'm hoping I will pay closer attention again with Luke, Faison and Helena back.  Thank you.

I'd also like to ask Santa for apartments and homes for the following:

Anna

Duke

Bobbie

Scott

Lucy

luke

Felicia and Mac.  Tell me Felicia and Mac live in the Metro Court too?

Cheapskates

• Love 2

Not to mention that while Dr O is having this "happy lovely" moment with her kids, Anna is ALL ALONE in her office at work.   Yup, that seems right.

And the Emma/Sam hug was strange since Sam apparently rode with them in the same car....I get they wanted the Sam/Jason moment at the door, but it was just odd that they all came together, yet came in separately and Emma greeted her like she was seeing her for the first time in days.  We get it, they have bonded. 

• Love 3

I almost felt sorry for Dr. O. with the way she really lit up when she saw Faison.  That stupid woman threw her life and son away for his sorry ass who asked her to wear her Anna mask for him.

Can someone tell me in one sentence if Helena "fake" died or "really" died but someone revived her?

I'm hoping I will pay closer attention again with Luke, Faison and Helena back.  Thank you.

Anna

Duke

Bobbie

Scott

Lucy

luke

Felicia and Mac.  Tell me Felicia and Mac live in the Metro Court too?

Cheapskates

Well, Michael's apartment is now available, so someone should move there. I imagine that Mac and Flea live above the Floating Rib.

• Love 1

Not to mention that while Dr O is having this "happy lovely" moment with her kids, Anna is ALL ALONE in her office at work. Yup, that seems right.

And the Emma/Sam hug was strange since Sam apparently rode with them in the same car....I get they wanted the Sam/Jason moment at the door, but it was just odd that they all came together, yet came in separately and Emma greeted her like she was seeing her for the first time in days. We get it, they have bonded.

Should we be grateful Emma didn't yell "Mommy!" ?

I really think that people are just determined to hate him, no matter what. It's always lose-lose. Which is fine, I just have so many other characters I have seething hatred for, Patrick isn't even a blip on my radar screen. YMMV.

I will hate Patrick as long as he continues to not give a crap about Robin. It's life as a Robin fan first and foremost. Sigh!

• Love 4

Well, Michael's apartment is now available, so someone should move there. I imagine that Mac and Flea live above the Floating Rib.

Whoever moves into Michael's apartment needs to bring a cleanup crew with them. Like, the kind that takes care of dead bodies. I can only imagine how rancid that joint must smell.

• Love 5

were Liz's boys there having dinner with everyone else? I can't recall if they showed them.

The boys "would be there in a minute," so I assumed they were upstairs. We never saw them. I can't blame the show for not wanting a bunch of little kids around for longer than necessary.

And Sonny doesn't have any ties to Michael because of the name change?  What about the signed adoption papers that he forced AJ to sign?

You have to have the Corinthos name to be worthy of Sonny's time. That's why Carly calls herself Carly Corinthos Jacks.

Nathan and Britt taking O's hand while tinkly music

The music supervisor must be completely hammered when putting together cues. They are often so wrong.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1

Anna

Duke

Bobbie

Scott

Lucy

luke

Felicia and Mac. Tell me Felicia and Mac live in the Metro Court too?

Cheapskates

Bobbie lives with Carly and Luke lives with Tracy. Mac and Flea live at a ne place that has never been seen onscreen.

I want housing too but I have stipulations. No gray walls of any shade please.

I don't think these asshat understand what a Brownstown means.

• Love 2

Wow Britt looked fab in that red dress, considering she looked like a linebacker in that white blouse and skirt she was wearing last week.

In one scene they did catch her pulling the skirt down though.

Funny, Danny looks he could be Jake's (the actor's son), and he doesn't look at all like Jason (SB).

Alexis couldn't undo Luke's buckles yet she had buckles on her sweater.

• Love 1

The boys "would be there in a minute," so I assumed they were upstairs. We never saw them. I can't blame the show for not wanting a bunch of little kids around for longer than necessary.

You have to have the Corinthos name to be worthy of Sonny's time. That's why Carly calls herself Carly Corinthos Jacks.

The music supervisor must be completely hammered when putting together cues. They are often so wrong.

Actually didn't Carly change Morgan's last name to Benson, when she shipped him off to military school. That seems to show how much she really cares about the name Corinthos.  Maybe that is the reason that Sonny usually doesn't give a fuck about poor Morgan.

I agree about the music being odd especially the sad bagpipe music when Anna put the picture of herself and Duke in her desk drawer.

I think that the boys came downstairs, grabbed a plate of food and ran back upstairs. I can't blame them for not wanting to dine with a bunch of strangers.

Edited by Lillybee
  • Love 3

But yet they didn't mind Spencer and his Plymouth Rock getup prancing about for most of the show. I swear to god that kid is a walking, talking birth control advertisement.

• Love 15

I think that the boys came downstairs, grabbed a plate of food and ran back upstairs. I can't blame them for not wanting to dine with a bunch of strangers.

But aren't Cameron and Emma still the only romantic couple on the show right now?

• Love 6

At least it means she [Kiki] wasn't at the Quartermaines' though. I'm not even really that enamored of the Quartermaines, but her being there would have reminded me of them trying to make her one and that would have irritated me greatly.

But they did have stupid Larry being all, "I've heard Kiki Jerome is a hot piece of ass."  I know it was another Fluke red herring, but I didn't need to hear her name mentioned within the Quartermaine walls period.

Has Michael told anyone about her being a hypocritical liar and him dumping her ass?

• Love 2

I absolutely hated the way that Duke was talking down to Anna and playing it up as though he was the morally superior person.

I don't even particularly like Anna and I am completely over hearing characters going on and on about what she did to Faison. Hey RC, no one but Dr O cares about Faison or what happened to him. Furthermore, there is no way Duke lying and covering up for a murderer is the same as Anna and Robert keeping Faison hidden away from the world. Ummm sure okay. The GH universe is one messed up place.

Shut up Sonny and Carly. I don't care at all about either of their alleged pain. I really don't.

The Luke/Fluke stuff is just dumb. I noticed when Alexis was freeing Luke he did call her Natasha ... Fluke wouldn't do that would he? I mean if the theory might be that she freed Fluke and not Luke. Fluke didn't even know Dante's name so it seems unlikely he'd know Natasha. But then again this is RC ... so never mind.

• Love 3

I would be very pleasantly surprised if this was really Luke, but I just don't think so. FakeLuke is acting like Luke because Ron wants to thoroughly trick us probably. But I'm willing to be pleasantly surprised, Ron!

Funny, it doesn't work for Morgan. *rimshot*

I think Sonny just meant that now that Michael hates him, he doesn't even have the name connecting him to Michael anymore. If Michael was still cool with him, it would be a different story.

• Love 4

So we are suppose to see Dr O and Faison as well as the SERIAL KILLER and Nina as rest romantic couples? I am getting ill. At least Carly and Sonny have an almost twenty year history. I am sick of Ron's fascination with evil campy characters.

And Spencer still creeps me out. It's just wrong.

• Love 3

I honestly have no idea what is being referred to when Carly says that Michael is the 'best' of her and Sonny. What is the best of them? They're both loathsome and have been for years. At this point in time, I would be hard pressed to find one redeeming feature for either of them.

That wasn't always the case.

It is now.

• Love 7

And considering he was a budding psychopath until he went to prison, that isn't saying much.

I just feel bad for Morgan, whose crappy mom is out comforting his father while he's alone on Thanksgiving worrying about his lost baby. And of course, what the hell is Joss doing? Yeah, Sonny needs more comfort than the other two kids who for some reason don't hate her ass.

• Love 6

I think Faison is going to end up stomping on whatever O. calls a heart yet again, and we'll probably be supposed to feel sorry for her, even though she is delusional and stalker-y over Faison as he is about Anna.

• Love 2

Did Faison find out about Nathan during his lurking?  I think he's going to have something to say about that.

I just feel bad for Morgan, whose crappy mom is out comforting his father while he's alone on Thanksgiving worrying about his lost baby. And of course, what the hell is Joss doing? Yeah, Sonny needs more comfort than the other two kids who for some reason don't hate her ass.

Unless I missed it, Sonny was too busy handing the keys to his kingdom to Duke and mooning at Carly to worry about that baby.  How convenient that his worry has completely evaporated now that it won't help him get out of jail.

• Love 3

A part of me fears Patrick being around Anna, Mac, Maxie, etc, because I just know Ron would use that time for them to feel sorry for Patty and push him toward Sam instead of...supporting Robin and being wary of the entire situation.

You just know it would be all "we're so happy you've found Sam! You deserve some happiness after all Robin's put you through."  

Of course Liz's boys weren't shown at dinner, Jason didn't father either of them.  If Jake was still alive, "Jake" would have been sitting there with Danny on one knee and Jake on the other, as both boys would be ridiculously attached to him and refuse to leave his side while Sam and Liz both marveled over how they aren't like that with anyone else.  

So Duke, who was so devoted to bringing down Julian (for Anna's miscarriage that Julian didn't cause) that he threw in with Sonny and gave him an alibi for killing AJ, the first person in town who as willing to take a chance on Duke and give him a job, is trying to claim moral superiority over Anna for locking up the psychopath who has tortured, kidnapped, stalked, and harassed her family for fucking decades?  Die in nine fires, Duke. 

• Love 20

I hope all you hilarious bitchslutwhoretramps have a great thanksgiving.

And just remember, no matter how bad your day may be, at least you're not spending it in prison or with Kiki.

• Love 16

I was prepping for my dinner with my family tomorrow when watching today's show.

It was, in all honesty, my least favorite episode of General Hospital ever. I've been more bored by the show, but never more repulsed.

And let me go on record to say, contrary to RC's recent interview, I am not a viewer with only a short memory. My heart strings are not tugged whatsoever by Dr. O and her attempt to be a mother. She tried to kill the 3 characters on this show whom I care most about, and that is -- and always be will -- the person I see on screen.  Dr. O is not a gray character. She is a cartoon.

And I am positively disgusted that she was invited to her child's home for Thanksgiving. I am even more disgusted that Robin was a non-entity this Thanksgiving, with her mother being berated and condescended to by a two-bit hoodlum, and her husband and daughter kickin' it with her placeholder.

Watching Dr. O with her two children and her extended family have a Thanksgiving dinner while Anna was sitting her office without any communication with her child or her grandchild, I was never more convinced that John Stamos was right -- Ron Carlivati is a sociopath.

But he's also a hack who Peter Principled his way to the top with a few clever turns of phrase and a working knowledge of pop culture.

RC even took away Anna's stalker and gave him to this cartoonish woman and her family.

I can't even joke hate about watching this show. It was just plain hate for the destruction of and disrespect to a wonderful adolescent memory.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 9

You just know it would be all "we're so happy you've found Sam! You deserve some happiness after all Robin's put you through."  

Of course Liz's boys weren't shown at dinner, Jason didn't father either of them.  If Jake was still alive, "Jake" would have been sitting there with Danny on one knee and Jake on the other, as both boys would be ridiculously attached to him and refuse to leave his side while Sam and Liz both marveled over how they aren't like that with anyone else.  

It's hard not to think of Danny as a Jake recast. They both looked exactly Jason! They both act exactly Jason! Why it's hard to believe they even have any icky DNA inherited from their mothers. Why they didn't just have Jason reproduce like a starfish, I don't know.

• Love 11

Yes, exactly! Ron already tried it with Lizzie, who would never in a million years tout Sam with anyone.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2

I hope all you hilarious bitchslutwhoretramps have a great thanksgiving.

And just remember, no matter how bad your day may be, at least you're not spending it in prison or with Kiki.

Kiki is worse than prison by a long shot.

• Love 5

I think Ron may well read and think, "This poster is reading my mind?! No fair! Nofairnofairnofaaiiiirrrr!!!"

All I'm saying is Pentonville has Johnny and apparently still Carlos. Now, if McGruber wanted to go after Anna for that, I'd be okay with it. Dude is innocent. Free him. Not the zombie cat who's straight up said he will run the Gummy Bear Mafia or the dumb lady who's like I'll cover up a murder again. Free the innocent guy. And Johnny just because if Duke and Carly are free, well, why not? So anyway, I'd take Johnny and Carlos over Kiki anyday.

• Love 2

I imagine that Joss, Molly and Morgan are celebrating an abandoned child Thanksgiving together. I am sure corn will be served.

I like this. There was a nice even-though-we're-not-all-siblings-we-are-definitely-all-family vibe awhile back with Michael, Morgan, Kristina and Molly, though I think it was all different actors except for Molly. Carly and Alexis were pretty nurturing of it and usually set aside their differences for the sake of the kids. I like the idea of Morgan and Molly getting together to do things with Joss, even though I don't think Morgan and Molly have even seen each other in the whole time he's been back in town.

• Love 1