Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I figured that Jordan didn't realize Heather was a threat and so wasn't as guarded as she was with the goon.  Also, I think it's part of what may be a well-hidden joke that Heather always accomplishes these crazy things and we never see it.  Like all the times she got out of Ferncliff.  It's just crazy Heather doing crazy things with some crazy super power.  But I may also be overthinking it.

Shawn had time to empty thousands of rounds in to that hotel room while Franco got dressed.  Surely at least one would have hit Franco, although probably only on ricochet.  That *has* to be a running joke with the writers, right?  I mean, to not even FIRE a shot??  Hilarious. 

• Love 4

Re: Mikey's chem with women...I've never seen it in a romantic/sexual sense. Just MO.

I have.  I loved the entire romance with Abby, and CD was the first actor on GH in a long time that actually kissed his co-star.  No duck kissing, which was running rampant on GH, imo.  

Which goes back to an earlier opinion of mine that Michael was an idiot to agree to it. Carly didn't ask him to do it. If Michael is stupid enough to be manippleated by Franco, that's his problem. 

I think it's more a question of RC setting the table as to Michael's extreme loyalty to his family - right before Michael realizes what a fool he's been played for by his family.  Michael believes he's living by the family code, and normally, Morgan would have been at the wedding too.  Morgan was on his way, in fact, but Michael doesn't know that everyone is scrambling to keep this huge secret from him.  If nothing else, RC has been dropping the anvils of Michael's love and loyalty to his family so that when the big reveal happens, Michael WILL feel like a fool.  It will propel him, hopefully, towards the Quartermaines, but not before telling his parents and Kiki exactly what he thinks of them.  I also hope that it makes Michael more dark and gives him back his edge - you know, when he use to beat the crap out of people (Kiefer's father, rapists, kids at school).  I just hope that RC isn't planning on having Michael hit the booze.  THAT would really tick me off.

I just can't abide by their scenes together, I had enough of their screaming/yelling duels way back when Morgan first came to town and kept getting screwed over by daddy dearest and yet could never learn his damn lesson each and every time. 

Bryan really does seem to be trying to mimic or imitate Maurice and it's getting worse every scene they have together, imo, it's as if no one has told/warned him that Maurice really isn't the sort of actor to emulate, ever, about anything. He even seems to be stumbling over his own words in the same way now because he gets so worked up and animated and, it's...no, no no no, it's just not good.

THAT'S what it is!  You're right.  BC tends to get so worked up in the scene that he starts to stumble and mumble his dialogue.  Sometimes the Morgan/Sonny scenes are too much screaming and yelling.  They both do it, and after a while, it's just a lot of animated voices.  They need to work on toning that down.

Edited by Bishop
They are both handsome on their own, but suited up and on a date? Loving it! I want more of this couple.

I loved how they were both beaming while talking to each other over the phone, and that kiss when Brad finally got to the wedding...*Sighs* They are too damn adorable.

I just enjoy them because they really seem to enjoy each other, and I don't just mean the characters but the actors as well. Ryan and Parry both seem to have a good time working and playing together. They have such an ease that I really rarely see with two straight male actors, especially when one is a married father of two or three, it's so refreshing to me.

THIS. All I could think was damn we never get to see the good stuff. I enjoyed Brad's excitement of meeting Lucas at the Freak Show Wedding.

Same here, he was so cute how he was getting annoyed being kept from his man and who could really blame him, Lucas really cleans up well. Now if only they could sneak away while everyone flips out at the wedding and find time in a closet for a bit of action.

• Love 2

New dialogue writer today. I wonder if they have any previous experience because this line?

Franco: as wedding gifts go, we'd prefer a toaster

Shawn: the only thing you're gonna be soon is toast

was a special kind of horrible

I meant to ask if I heard that line correctly. Unfortunately, I did.

• Love 2

If Morgan screws over Michael, I will throw the little werewolf a parade. I live for the thought of Sad Panda's tears, if only because if he has no inkling that the stutterbarking greaseball is the one who murdered his actual father, then he's almost too damn dumb to live.

Stutterbarking greaseball is going  my personal Hall of Fame Mumbles the Moobster Wall of Derisive Nicknames because it is above excellent.

Expect me to be stealing this one.

You are superb!!

• Love 3

Stutterbarking greaseball is going  my personal Hall of Fame Mumbles the Moobster Wall of Derisive Nicknames because it is above excellent.

Expect me to be stealing this one.

You are superb!!

I feel so loved now! And it does so fit Sonny, doesn't it?

Also, anyone can say what they like about Morgan not being overly bright, and that's something I maybe can't argue with, but let's be honest, Michael's no brain trust either. If he had two neurons to rub together, he'd have figured it out by now that Mini McMoobster is the one who killed AJ. Guess he inherited Carly's brains, though.

• Love 3

Also, anyone can say what they like about Morgan not being overly bright, and that's something I maybe can't argue with, but let's be honest, Michael's no brain trust either. If he had two neurons to rub together, he'd have figured it out by now that Mini McMoobster is the one who killed AJ. Guess he inherited Carly's brains, though.

He also inherited her crappy taste in mates.  She goes for serial killers, he goes for Potato Heads.  

• Love 2

Y'all know I love me some Morgan but he is kinda willing to screw Michael over to protect Ava, so. He's not entirely virtuous here.

Being that Michael annoys the everloving hell out of me, and that I still ship Morgan/Ava with a passion, I have absolutely no problem with it. I have no problem at all with Morgan right now. God, he looked so damn good in that suit. I can't decide if I want him to keep it on or take it off. Loved everything he said to Sonny, and he also got a dig in at Carly which was great. I also have no problems with BC's acting, it's MB's that is the problem. His delivery of that line was just off-putting. All my love for Morgan. I just hope he keeps it up tomorrow. I'll love him forever if he says, "Connie who?"

I am in the minority in liking Heather, but no way can she take down Queen Jordan like that. And WTF with that plastic wrap? Ah well, goes along with worst hitman ever. His performance review must be the most hilarious piece of reading ever. It's like the DMV guy that tells Cher, "How'd you do? Well, let's see. You can't switch lanes, you can't parallel park, you damaged private property and you almost killed someone. Off hand, I'd say you failed."

Maddie's been great, I've really enjoyed her line delivery and her scenes the past couple of days. I think she genuinely felt somewhat bad about Sam, but I feel like her money motive is kind of weak. She doesn't seem like she's that desperate for cash. She'd probably be just fine if Nathan warmed back up to her.

Glad I get to watch live tomorrow, as I'm off work for my cancerversary. Nina is creepy as fuck with her obsession over Ava's baby. But I want a front row seat for Maura spinning her way out of it.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 4

HOw can Jordan kick Sonny's goon in the head but still be bested by a 60 year old woman? 

"I got Morgan chewing out Sonny and giving him a new asshole!"

"I got Franco nonplussed with Shawn ready to kill him!"

"I got Silas and Ava bonding!"

*sigh* "I got Heather knocking out Jordan and bubblewrapping her as a hostage."

• Love 4

Was anyone else yelling "shoot him, SHOOT HIM" when that dumbass Sean was holding a gun on Freakco?

I was hoping Franco would look up at various points of the ceiling and sides and tell Shawn, "Smile, you're in the Cloud on YouTube!"

Then I would rewind to see if Shondra Rhimes had taken over for ReRon. She likes GH, and she's everywhere, right?

• Love 4

Maddie's been great, I've really enjoyed her line delivery and her scenes the past couple of days.

Me too which is interesting because I hate this Nina story line with the fire of a thousand suns. Oh and Nina slapping your mom and yelling at her NOT cool. I really don't care what the motivation is I just really can't see how they even will redeem this woman to keep her around. She's awful.

I'm not sure if I'm being over sensitive but I really think this going after a pregnant woman is in such poor taste. I just really find it a little offensive. I'm not even a card carrying pearl clutcher,heh but I want them to end this story line and never mention it again. I know that won't happen but one can dream.

• Love 7

Me too which is interesting because I hate this Nina story line with the fire of a thousand suns. Oh and Nina slapping your mom and yelling at her NOT cool. I really don't care what the motivation is I just really can't see how they even will redeem this woman to keep her around.

Three words: Nina kills Sonny.

• Love 12

I am kinda sad that there probably won't be any moment of Morgan, Michael, and Josslyn sitting in the front row making pained faces at each other. And as much as I hate when they show texts on-screen I'd be willing to make an exception if they showed their snarky texts about the wedding on-screen (Lucas can join in too).

I need a scene of the three of them on their phones during the ceremony, instead of paying attention. 

• Love 3

Here's what I really want to know - if you've lived in Port Charles for more than, say, 5 minutes, how do you even show up for the Carly/Franco wedding?  And if you do show up, how do you not show up in a bulletproof vest?  Everyone living in that town should have both a formal and a casual vest.  

• Love 8

Here's what I really want to know - if you've lived in Port Charles for more than, say, 5 minutes, how do you even show up for the Carly/Franco wedding?  And if you do show up, how do you not show up in a bulletproof vest?  Everyone living in that town should have both a formal and a casual vest.  

Or packing a gun, like Sam did when she went to an engagement party at Wyndemere.

• Love 4

Me too which is interesting because I hate this Nina story line with the fire of a thousand suns. Oh and Nina slapping your mom and yelling at her NOT cool. I really don't care what the motivation is I just really can't see how they even will redeem this woman to keep her around. She's awful.

I'm not sure if I'm being over sensitive but I really think this going after a pregnant woman is in such poor taste. I just really find it a little offensive. I'm not even a card carrying pearl clutcher,heh but I want them to end this story line and never mention it again. I know that won't happen but one can dream.

This is nothing compared to the time Carly was chained to a wall for weeks/months when she was pregnant. Of course, that was a pretty crazy story too.

• Love 1

Count me among those who found it hard to believe that Heather could take Jordan down so easily.

Shawn really is the most imcompetent hitman ever, is he?  All that yapping when he could've shot at Franco right then and there (whether or not he would actually hit Franco is another story).  Go back to making BLTs, at least you were good at that.

I wasn't impressed with Morgan and Sonny's shouting match.  It made me want to put a muzzle on both of them.  Or maybe I should use shock collars instead...

I got the impression that Jordan was a part of whatever Heather did so she could mess up Sonny.  I mean plastic wrap?  And Jordan didn't look too  stressed.

• Love 4

The storyline makes me very uncomfortable, too.  Reminds me when Stefano wanted to cut out Sami's twins to save his own life.  Just plain creepy and over the top.  There is no redemption of Nina at this point.  She and Heather will end up as roommates in Ferncliff, but her mother isn't an innocent bystander either.  And don't get me started on Sonny.  He has no problem with Ava being evil (which I don't think she is--she does have a heart), but his only worry is keeping her from proving to the world just how evil Sonny is.

• Love 2
Michael's no brain trust either. If he had two neurons to rub together, he'd have figured it out by now that Mini McMoobster is the one who killed AJ.

I know nobody cares about who killed Connie, but I can't believe nobody has figured out that it was Ava.

• Love 2

If MW's Kate had been killed, I would have cared. But IDGAF about KSu's Kate/Connie/Kannie so I don't think Ava should pay for her murder.

On a similar note, although Ric kidnapping Carly with plans to kill her and take the baby was heinous, I still liked Ric even as a huge TB!Carly fan because Rick Hearst is such a damn good actor; MSt is such a terrible actor that I hate Nina for pretty much doing the same thing.

• Love 9

Why isn't Ava armed? She knows who's after her, this is a chick who needs to be packing some serious heat at this point, it isn't as if she hasn't been shown handling quite a number of firearms already.

I mean honestly things like this just stick out to me like big glaring, flashing signs of how stupidly and shittily written everything is.

She is a mobster, she is under some pretty serious threats at the moment, and since she apparently doesn't think it's a good idea to lean on her still pretty powerful big brother or any one he might hire to protect her/shuttle her out of the state, or country even, and into hiding, one would think that she would be at the ready to blow away anyone coming within five feet of her who shouldn't be.

What happened to the Ava who gleefully kicked a man's body into the harbor? How does Ron gut his characters so completely and thoroughly and quickly? I just have never seen anything like it, and these are his personally crafted pets!

• Love 8

I know I'm in a minority here, but I like Ava.  I know she's done some horrible things, but I've also seen her care about others.  I tend to think she's more bad than evil and I can see her being redeemed.  MW is also a good actress.

• Love 12

If MW's Kate had been killed, I would have cared. But IDGAF about KSu's Kate/Connie/Kannie so I don't think Ava should pay for her murder.

On a similar note, although Ric kidnapping Carly with plans to kill her and take the baby was heinous, I still liked Ric even as a huge TB!Carly fan because Rick Hearst is such a damn good actor; MSt is such a terrible actor that I hate Nina for pretty much doing the same thing.

I liked Kelly Sullivan, but she was never Kate IMO.  And no way was she ever the same age as Sonny! 

Yes to Rick Hearst! He played layers and showed how he was becoming unraveled. MSt has none of that going for her.

I know I'm in a minority here, but I like Ava.  I know she's done some horrible things, but I've also seen her care about others.  I tend to think she's more bad than evil and I can see her being redeemed.  MW is also a good actress.

I like Ava too and Maura West is probably the reason. This role is the first time I have ever seen her, and she's also wonderful at showing layers even when I am sure Ron hasn't written them.

• Love 6

I have reached the point where I cannot find any one on this show to like. They are either monsters (Franco, Heather, Ava, Sonny, Carly. Nina) Criminals (Julian, Magda, F/Luke, Jason) Fools (Maxie, Nathan, Dante, Lulu, Alexis, Tracy, Jordon )  Awful Characters (Sabrina, Fleix, Kiki, Silas. Shawn ), Plot Points (Patrick, Sam, Nik, Britt, Liz) or on so little I don't care anymore (Anna, Mac, Flea, Lucas, Brad, Lucy, Scott)  Children (of whom the less said the better, it is awful the way Ron writes them) Not decent character in the set. It is a shame that Morgan seems to be the last character left who acts like a Soap Character: Overly melodramatic but still ground in some reality  I friggin miss Molly and Max for God's sake

I will give Ron credit for keeping many characters, even if some tend to eat the show, in play: Guza wrote for Jason-Sonny-Carly. Ron manages to be an equal opportunity destroyer of characters. No one is safe...so many I should not give him credit maybe I should beg him to stop

Edited by Fylaki
  • Love 2

I really miss the days when GH was a soap.THe day the mob took over is the worse thing to happen to this show.The mob was made good and everyone else bad.I miss the days when characters were mostly good and the biggest villians you had on the show where the schemers and they always got caught and paid in some way.Back in the day someone getting shot was a big deal.Now its like another day.Remeber back in the day Luke and scotty fighting was a big deal now people put out hits on each other ect.Theres hardly any good people left in town.

• Love 4

Spencer -- the new Johnny.  Suddenly the little punk knows all crucial information  -- Luke's a baddie, Franco was trying to hack Carly's e-mail.  He's a little plot device.

It's too bad he doesn't see dead people, particularly Sonny, Carly, Kiki, Franco, Neeenah...

• Love 5

Spencer -- the new Johnny.  Suddenly the little punk knows all crucial information  -- Luke's a baddie, Franco was trying to hack Carly's e-mail.  He's a little plot device.

It's too bad he doesn't see dead people, particularly Sonny, Carly, Kiki, Franco, Neeenah...

No. Johnny was awesome and had goons. Spencer is a 40 year old creeper who like spies on people.

• Love 5

The beginning scene of today's episode was so...godawful, holy hell Jakson is like some deranged clown, I just can't even.

And Liz wants to introduce her kids to him? Her kids...to a complete stranger with memory problems whose past she has no information on or about, where's the harm in that...and her drawing was not good.

Julian actually got to interact with Sam, it's a goddamn miracle. He barely said three words the whole time but...I'll take what I can get at this point.

And was it just me but did new little Danny light up around Michael? I haven't seen him that animated or bubbly and smiling with any of the other actors yet. He actually looked like a real kid and was cute! I was shocked. But no, he calls Patrick "Daddy" instead because yeah, Ron. Asshat.

The scene of the Nina rubbing Ava's pregnant belly with her drugged and unable to defend herself...that was such a horrible to scene, even though the characters both annoy me to death watching a helpless woman being forcibly assaulted, because that is what was going on, basically molested, in such a way...crying as a crazed person was touching and rubbing her stomach, gloating over being able to just "take" her baby away from her, that was just so uncomfortable to watch, it really crossed so many lines for me.

But the Nina's "AVA AVA AVA!!"s were...again too awful for words.

Of course Morgan switched on a dime and once again sided with Daddy's man pain...good god this show just keeps repeating over and over again. There was even a hug, there's no fucking end to the Sonny show. He will always find sympathy/forgiveness, it never ever fails. And the bags underneath Maurice's eyes are heavy and big enough to carry half the shit on this show, wow does he look not great right now.

And Felix was invited, goddammit! I hadn't missed him. And holy mother of Swiss cheese fondue the actor's reading of Shakespeare was horrendous...that was a travesty, bad enough to be illegal.

• Love 6

I wanted to see Morgan react to Sonny, but had to tune out the second Sonny said "The list of Ava's crimes goes on and ON"..

Lucy, Felix and Brad deserve to feel super awkward. 

Poor, stupid Morgan. Didn't think even he would be dumb enough to believe/sympathize with "Connie was my world." Odd of Sonny to bring up to Morgan Olivia getting shot and Ava being the shooter seeing as how he cheated on Olivia with Ava. I think he's completely forgotten such insignificant *details* (that he was with Olivia at the time). 

The UCG moment of the day, though, was Bobbie's expression - like she'd just sat on something sharp during her part of the wedding march. I also liked Josslyn's stomping/throwing down of the flowers. Now, little girl, run and call your daddy (so Carly can lose custody/you can go live with him).

Still disappointed in Anna and Dante. Dante, dear, do you remember there's a bullet hole scar on your chest?

Also like Josslyn's beaming smile at the "Hell no."

• Love 6

Carly wearing white to her umpteenth wedding while she's sexing up her ex-husband days ago on her sons sofa is amusing. Franco, is so on point with the "lying, cheating, whore" comment.

Anna now wants to act like she's a detective and solve the crime? After Carlos she quickly put in jail and declared as the guilty one. Anna needs to hand in her badge, she's the worst.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 3

For fuck's sake, Ron, we already knew you were full-on ripping off OLTL's "Hell No" wedding, did it really need to be in the dialogue?

More rewriting - Dr. O said that her prescription pad went missing right before Nina ended up in the coma, implying Magda stole it, but haven't we heard that she dropped Nathan off with Magda when he was an infant and they hadn't seen each other since until they were both jailed in Port Charles?  Oh show, so sloppy.

It saddens me that this is what Lucy has been reduced to.  And, of fucking course, they had to jam Felix into things for no good reason.

Shut up, Nina.

ETA...to be fair, I did like Lucas walking Carly down the aisle.  It didn't even occur to me that he would, but...I liked.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7

oh Morgan, you dumb idiot. Still, I did feel bad for the guy when he realized he was having sex with a murderer for months.

At least my other Sonnyspawn didn't disappoint. Get a DNA test, Dante! Maybe the awful scumbag isn't your father after all. Speaking of him, he must have been really annoyed at finding Julian in Anna's office at his appointed rendezvous time with Anna.

Sonny: Now you know why I hate Ava so much. Connie was my world, and she killed her.

Yeah, poor Sonny, he had to sleep with Olivia for months just to survive! The horror!

ew, why were the scenes of Nina torturing Ava the longest by far?

Wow, so they didn't really scrimp on ripping off from this "hell no" OLTL wedding, huh? Franco actually said "hell no".

Still disappointed in Anna and Dante. Dante, dear, do you remember there's a bullet hole scar on your chest?

??? He said he believed Anna that Sonny killed AJ.

• Love 4

THey also did that on ATWT with Paul and Roses wedding hell o too bad they couldn't have repeated that one since Rose died wouldn't mind carly being dead lol.

Morgan no words lol.

Nina is just a whackjob.Shes really doing a good job of making Heather look normal lol.I still have no clue how she will get out of this.

• Love 1

Joss was the only bright spot of the hour. Her Franco hate is delicious. I love that kid.

Between Morgan bending over to apologize to Sonny and giving up Ava in a span of 10 seconds, and Ava being subjected to forced molestation and gross creepiness over a stupid affair that happened over 20 years ago, affecting characters that NO ONE CARES about, I haven't been this angry since crypt sex.

DIAF, Sonny, just die in a fucking fire, over and over and over again. And take Nina with you.

• Love 5

I am amazed. And thankful that they haven't been an awkward meeting between Sam  and Jason given they are in the same vicinity.

Julian actually got to interact with Sam, it's a goddamn miracle. He barely said three words the whole time but...I'll take what I can get at this point.

And was it just me but did new little Danny light up around Michael? I haven't seen him that animated or bubbly and smiling with any of the other actors yet. He actually looked like a real kid and was cute! I was shocked. But no, he calls Patrick "Daddy" instead because yeah, Ron. Asshat.

Yay. Something to look forward to.

Ulkis - Yeah, but Dante was acting like it took some real painful soul-searching to acknowledge Anna's theory - when he himself has been shot by a remorseless Sonny while unarmed. Back before some terrible writing/re-creating of the Dante character, he knew Sonny was a POS regardless of their shared DNA.

• Love 2

Damn this show for not letting me enjoy Carly's comeuppance because I am so irritated by the "Hell no" business and the fact that a SERIAL KILLER is passing moral judgment on someone else. 

Sit down and shut up, SERIAL KILLER.

• Love 9
Morgan no words lol.

I knew it would happen but man it happened even faster then I thought it might, heh. He really just flipped a switch, from "You fucking bastard murderer!" to "Oh Daddy she killed your lover and I'm so sorry!".

If this isn't proof this whole goddamn town is bipolar I don't know what else might do it. Honestly they're all so emotionally unstable and stupid and shitty and stupid and manic and stupid and pathetic and stupid.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 8

Morgan why do you have to hurt me like that. Crawling back to daddy dearest. Now I have to go back to disliking you.

Nina please shut the fuck up. Ava looked like a clown today. With her eye make up running down her face.

Little Danny actually smiled.

Jake/Liz continue to be a bore fest. Why do we have to suffer weeks upon weeks of their boring ass scenes.

• Love 3