Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

On 4/13/2019 at 3:31 PM, Bringonthedrama said:

Speaking of stupid...Maxie being so invested in/having feelings for "Peter" in an attempt by the writers to make him an appealing character. 

Yes. That's a part of the attempt, anyway. I like Wes Ramsey, but I think they've taken a wrong turn with Peter since the "Faison's return" story ended. The way they're writing him seems desperate to get him over as a good guy. He had more of an edge to him when he was first brought on and was secretive and calculating. Now he's just blamelessly "swell." Perfect boyfriend, perfect boss, doesn't hold a grudge against anyone, little emotional range. His lines in the romantic scenes with Maxie sound programmed.

Soap fans generally, and viewers of this show in particular, have a long history of embracing ambiguous, "gray" characters who have both bad and good in them. It pains me to offer this example, but look no further than the one who has been eating the show since 1993, or Luke before him. I'm not sure why they think what they're going for with Ramsey/Peter is better. 

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Can someone with such advanced brain tumor be able to donate his kidney? Wouldn't he be pumped full of drugs or something?

Someone with a brain tumor can, as long as the cancer did not spread to other organs.

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Yes. That's a part of the attempt, anyway. I like Wes Ramsey, but I think they've taken a wrong turn with Peter since the "Faison's return" story ended. The way they're writing him seems desperate to get him over as a good guy. He had more of an edge to him when he was first brought on and was secretive and calculating. Now he's just blamelessly "swell." Perfect boyfriend, perfect boss, doesn't hold a grudge against anyone, little emotional range. His lines in the romantic scenes with Maxie sound programmed.

Soap fans generally, and viewers of this show in particular, have a long history of embracing ambiguous, "gray" characters who have both bad and good in them. It pains me to offer this example, but look no further than the one who has been eating the show since 1993, or Luke before him. I'm not sure why they think what they're going for with Ramsey/Peter is better. 

They’re desperately trying to make Wes Ramsey a romantic hero. Too late.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

His kidney has Jordan's name written all over it.

I thought Jordan is holding out for Ryan's kidney.  The guy already lost a hand.  I don't think the character has much mileage left on this show, so it might as well be his kidney.  Then Jordan can worry about having a serial killer's organ.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 10:00 AM, Asp Burger said:

And instead of the butt tattoo, have them ligate her vocal cords, just in case. 

The shame is that some of the material is actually killer. I would have loved to see a good young soap actress in those scenes at the safe house. "Is everyone invited to this kidnapping?" But Kristina is so unremittingly unpleasant that it just seems like a louder version of her usual mode. 

Molly: "Well, I'm not knocking back the punch." I got it, but it's a weird line. I wonder if "I'm not drinking the Kool-Aid" was the original version, and then they found out they couldn't say it on the air because the Kool-Aid mascot would burst through their cheap sets, yell "Oh yeah!" and demand payment. 

Since Jonestown actually put poison in Flavor Aid, I wouldn't blame Kool Aid for suing.  It's amazing they haven't changed their name over the years due to the association.

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 7:28 PM, Hater said:

She must be desperate. What a shitty role.

Any job is a good job for soap actors these days, I guess.

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 12:38 AM, katie9918 said:

Why in God’s name is it so important that Robin is the only child either Robert or Anna ever had?

I’ve never understood that obsession of Robert/Anna fans, and actively resent how that obsession further trashed Luke and Laura (admittedly due more to Tony Geary - I am so glad he’s gone!) due to the Ethan factor.

(In my mind, Ethan is either not Holly’s son or Luke without question backed up Holly’s story to protect Robert’s son from the enemies Faison, and Anna by association, was responsible for.)

I don't get it.  Even Jesus had siblings . . . 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, threebluestars said:

I could have sworn Willow had already told Michael her baby didn't die and she gave him up. Am I misremembering?

I thought she just said that to Chase, not Michael.

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 10:39 AM, Katy M said:

And it increases to 98% if you're having sex with Sonny.

But, in all seriousness, that is true.  Every time you have sex with someone, you are taking the chance that you will have a child with that person.  So, you have made the choice to possibly have a child.  No excuses.

So true, but Kristina was born less than 17 years ago, and her mother was played by the 46 year old NLG.  Alexis had never had children, from what we knew at the time, and her character may have thought she was beyond child bearing age.  But then Molly came along, and oh well.  Plus, there are always STIs, regardless of age.

All I care about at this point, is Robert. Was he on today?

And it's a stupid reason, but both Tristan and Finola mentioned in an interview years ago, that Robin was to be their only child. I don't know if this was a Monty directive or not.

Hey! Don't blame me! I'm just the messenger. I don't know why that means that Robert or Anna couldn't have other children with other loves.

15 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Since Jonestown actually put poison in Flavor Aid, I wouldn't blame Kool Aid for suing.  It's amazing they haven't changed their name over the years due to the association.

Isn't the phrase x, y, or z is "drinking the Kool-Aid" put into existence because of Jonestown?

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, ciarra said:
18 minutes ago, threebluestars said:

I could have sworn Willow had already told Michael her baby didn't die and she gave him up. Am I misremembering?

I thought she just said that to Chase, not Michael.

I have a vague memory of her telling Michael, maybe right before a bereaved-parent meeting? And Michael said a loss was a loss, or something along those lines? This was before Shiloh was in the picture, so no connection to DoD would have been made yet.

16 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:
On 4/13/2019 at 12:38 AM, katie9918 said:

Why in God’s name is it so important that Robin is the only child either Robert or Anna ever had?

I’ve never understood that obsession of Robert/Anna fans, and actively resent how that obsession further trashed Luke and Laura (admittedly due more to Tony Geary - I am so glad he’s gone!) due to the Ethan factor.

(In my mind, Ethan is either not Holly’s son or Luke without question backed up Holly’s story to protect Robert’s son from the enemies Faison, and Anna by association, was responsible for.)

I don't get it.  Even Jesus had siblings . . . 

For me it's more how it gets retconned. What does another kid add? Nothing, for the vast majority of stories. The writers don't want to integrate the kid in any meaningful way other than being X's long-lost child. Zzzzz.

I feel like Ethan was a sop to TG because he had such a hard-on for Nathan Parsons. Ethan certainly didn't tell me anything new about Holly or Luke, and Ethan didn't add much to the GH canvas in general.

2 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

In the 3 p.m. slot we got about 20 minutes of reporting on the awful Notre Dame fire in Paris, and then it was a rerun of the episode in which Jordan tries to ask Lulu who stabbed her. (Can't be more specific because once I saw it was a rerun, I changed the channel.)

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And it's a stupid reason, but both Tristan and Finola mentioned in an interview years ago, that Robin was to be their only child. I don't know if this was a Monty directive or not.

Hey! Don't blame me! I'm just the messenger. I don't know why that means that Robert or Anna couldn't have other children with other loves.

Isn't the phrase x, y, or z is "drinking the Kool-Aid" put into existence because of Jonestown?

Yep, but Jonestown actually drank the Flavor Aid.

No Robert today.

putting the summary of today's episode in spoiler tags for those who haven't seen it

Spoiler

Valentin hired Nora to act as his lawyer so he can get full custody of Charlotte because apparently the custody agreement forces Lulu to take her every two weeks (which makes zero sense) and Lulu being out of town breaks it.

Spencer went to guilt Nina that she's living in his house and then asked her to get Valentin to back off asking for full custody of Charlotte, threatening to tell her something about Valentin in exchange (that he has shady doings with Sasha). Valentin arrived in time to hear it and he and Spencer mutually blackmailed each other till Valentin dropped trying to get custody.

Jason took the cup that he stole from DoD to Elizabeth to get it tested for drugs. and there was a long conversation about how finding drugs in the cup could bring down Shiloh's whole organization.  (I'm totally fixating on Danny Kaye now) Meanwhile Sam convinced Shiloh to go to the hospital to look for Kristina so that she could search DoD but Shiloh told Daisy to help her search Kristina's room,  At the hospital Shiloh ran across Brad who had the cup and since Brad is into DoD, got Brad to say that it was just tea and valerian.

The cup thing is so stupid. Jason couldn't take it to the police anyway even if it contained drugs because he stole it and Shiloh could just say Jason put the drugs in himself.

There were some very boring scenes of Carly and Jason talking to Michael and then Michael with Willow about DoD, and Carly telling Jason that he should get rid of Shiloh and it doesn't matter what Kristina feels. She's really the perfect mob moll.  She also implied that she's more important in this decision than Alexis is, and then went on to say how much she feels for Joss with Oscar dying and she wants to be up in his room with Joss to help her daughter. Neither Sonny nor Carly has mentioned Avery since they refused to let Ava take her out of the country.

Cam beat up another boy at school for calling Aiden a fairy. Franco and Liz confronted him that it's his own issue about Aiden possibly being gay.

ETA:  Willow told Michael about growing up in DoD and her mother which suggests that Harmony is her mother since Harmony was so worried about getting Willow back.

The pellet with the poison

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

No Robert today.

putting the summary of today's episode in spoiler tags for those who haven't seen it

Hide contents

Valentin hired Nora to act as his lawyer so he can get full custody of Charlotte because apparently the custody agreement forces Lulu to take her every two weeks (which makes zero sense) and Lulu being out of town breaks it.

Spencer went to guilt Nina that she's living in his house and then asked her to get Valentin to back off asking for full custody of Charlotte, threatening to tell her something about Valentin in exchange (that he has shady doings with Sasha). Valentin arrived in time to hear it and he and Spencer mutually blackmailed each other till Valentin dropped trying to get custody.

Jason took the cup that he stole from DoD to Elizabeth to get it tested for drugs. and there was a long conversation about how finding drugs in the cup could bring down Shiloh's whole organization.  (I'm totally fixating on Danny Kaye now) Meanwhile Sam convinced Shiloh to go to the hospital to look for Kristina so that she could search DoD but Shiloh told Daisy to help her search Kristina's room,  At the hospital Shiloh ran across Brad who had the cup and since Brad is into DoD, got Brad to say that it was just tea and valerian.

The cup thing is so stupid. Jason couldn't take it to the police anyway even if it contained drugs because he stole it and Shiloh could just say Jason put the drugs in himself.

There were some very boring scenes of Carly and Jason talking to Michael and then Michael with Willow about DoD, and Carly telling Jason that he should get rid of Shiloh and it doesn't matter what Kristina feels. She's really the perfect mob moll.  She also implied that she's more important in this decision than Alexis is, and then went on to say how much she feels for Joss with Oscar dying and she wants to be up in his room with Joss to help her daughter. Neither Sonny nor Carly has mentioned Avery since they refused to let Ava take her out of the country.

Cam beat up another boy at school for calling Aiden a fairy. Franco and Liz confronted him that it's his own issue about Aiden possibly being gay.

ETA:  Willow told Michael about growing up in DoD and her mother which suggests that Harmony is her mother since Harmony was so worried about getting Willow back.

The pellet with the poison

Thank you!  My market was preempted for the burning of Notre Dame.

• Love 1

Why didn't Jason simply deliver drugged, unconscious Kristina to the ER?  They would have tested her for substances, and it would have been officially documented.  Instead, Jason is walking around with the magical mystery cup, and he has absolutely no proof of where he found it, who filled it, or who drank from it.  Do the writers forget the name of the show?

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Why didn't Jason simply deliver drugged, unconscious Kristina to the ER?  They would have tested her for substances, and it would have been officially documented.

Because that would probably get the PCPD involved, and we know how Jason and Sonny feel about that. Jasus forbid there be an actual legal reason for the authorities to step in. Jason always has to be the big hero. It's aggravating, stupid, and so very, very boring.

• Love 5
Spoiler

Willow's timeline was kind of weird.  If I recall correctly, she was in the cult, discovered teaching (which led her to questioning the cult), got pregnant, got away from Shiloh, had the baby.  It seems like time was awfully compressed here.  It's like that time Liz became a nurse during the commercial break. 😉

Edited by ciarra
  • LOL 2
3 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Why didn't Jason simply deliver drugged, unconscious Kristina to the ER?  They would have tested her for substances, and it would have been officially documented.  Instead, Jason is walking around with the magical mystery cup, and he has absolutely no proof of where he found it, who filled it, or who drank from it.  Do the writers forget the name of the show?

To give the show credit, which it may not deserve, as soon as Kristina regained consciousness she would have headed straight back to Shiloh and told him that Jason kidnapped her and Jason and Sonny wouldn't have been able to de-program her.

But more to the point, Jason and Sonny wouldn't have been able to play the tough mobsters and Carly wouldn't have had a reason to encourage Jason to kill Shiloh (not that Carly ever needs a reason for that).

I think the cup thing is so stupid. Whatever was in it, it couldn't have been strong enough to make Kristina longterm unconscious because she was awake in a couple of hours. Maybe she's got to be awake later to have sex with Shiloh since Willow didn't say that he raped her while she was unconscious and that's not a detail she would have left out.

So basically Kristina got a sedative for while she was being tattooed (as opposed to something like ketamine or an anti-psychotic). And this is the big thing that Jason is counting on to put Shiloh in jail? Unless the drug was illegal, he doesn't have a case.

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

To give the show credit, which it may not deserve, as soon as Kristina regained consciousness she would have headed straight back to Shiloh and told him that Jason kidnapped her and Jason and Sonny wouldn't have been able to de-program her.

But more to the point, Jason and Sonny wouldn't have been able to play the tough mobsters and Carly wouldn't have had a reason to encourage Jason to kill Shiloh (not that Carly ever needs a reason for that).

I think the cup thing is so stupid. Whatever was in it, it couldn't have been strong enough to make Kristina longterm unconscious because she was awake in a couple of hours. Maybe she's got to be awake later to have sex with Shiloh since Willow didn't say that he raped her while she was unconscious and that's not a detail she would have left out.

So basically Kristina got a sedative for while she was being tattooed (as opposed to something like ketamine or an anti-psychotic). And this is the big thing that Jason is counting on to put Shiloh in jail? Unless the drug was illegal, he doesn't have a case.

Not to mention that not only are Jason's prints on that cup there are other fingerprints other than Shiloh's. Harmony touched the cup and so did Kristina. There is absolutely no way to prove the cup came from the Dawn of Day house and even if it did. that this cup is the one Kristina drank from.

So what have Jason and Sonny and Sam accomplished, actually? They physically took Kristina away from a situation that was making her happy and clearly doesn't believe is a cult no matter how many times they've talked to her, so unless they plan to hold her in the safe house forever all they have done is made Kristina more angry at them and more devoted to Shiloh. They have no proof she was drugged and even if they did she won't believe them.

• Love 1

Do the writers forget the name of the show?

I keep turning in to watch a soap opera about a hospital and its staff.  Unfortunately, I end up watching about a violent thug and his enabling family surrounded by adoring townsfolk - to include political and law enforcement personnel.   I want my soap opera back!

• Love 8
12 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

is in DoD, to such a degree that he's covering for Shiloh?  When did that happen?

He's only taken a couple of classes so far, but Shiloh was laying it on thick that Jason was the bad guy because he roughed him up for no reason.  And Brad was being very anti Jason (which characters should be but is only because it's a plot point this time).  So when Shiloh said the cup was clean and to tell everyone that it was, Brad went along with it (plus, knowing Brad, he probably just wanted to do less work and not testing the cup did that)

• Love 1
10 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

he has absolutely no proof of where he found it,

The cup has the stupid tattooo log on the bottom, so it can be proven that it's DOD's cup, just not who specifically had it.  

6 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Not to mention that not only are Jason's prints on that cup there are other fingerprints other than Shiloh's. Harmony touched the cup and so did Kristina.

I don't remember Shiloh touching the cup, so it would only be Harmony and Kris.  

6 hours ago, LexieLily said:

so unless they plan to hold her in the safe house forever

They think they can deprogram her and make her realize the error of their ways.  But unless there is video footage of Shiloh doing something terrible, Kris won't beleive a word they say.  

• Love 1

Back to the question about did Anna birth Robin, I think it's fairly simple. Peter is older than Robin (which I assume because Anna was pretty much a rookie when that thing with Faison supposedly happened). It was confirmed (though that sometimes means nothing to TIIC) that Anna was a virgin when she slept with Robert. That would mean that she had not given birth to Peter, Alex did. Or does logic count for nothing in The Chuckles?

• Love 1
On 4/14/2019 at 7:25 PM, Asp Burger said:

. Now he's just blamelessly "swell." Perfect boyfriend, perfect boss, doesn't hold a grudge against anyone, little emotional range. His lines in the romantic scenes with Maxie sound programmed.

Not only did his lines with Maxie sound programmed - they made him sound like a teenage boy who (until moving to Port Charles) lived a very isolated life that did not include any actual relationships with women. And his anger toward Anna in various scenes since he arrived in Port Charles kinda makes him sound like 20something Carly, outraged that Bobbie had given her up for adoption. C'mon now, it all rings false/forced considering that his character I believe is supposed to be approximately mid-30s/early 40s. 

Teenage Cam Webber comes across as more natural and mature with Josslyn and Trina than "Peter" and Maxie.  Of course, Josslyn's imminent loss of first love Oscar is in no way Cam's fault.  I guess the best comparison I can offer is that Peter with Maxie reminds me of Sabrina's behavior with Patrick and Emma when she had a big crush on Patrick/before they were a 'serious couple.' 

• Love 1
(edited)
57 minutes ago, TheMediaHo said:

Back to the question about did Anna birth Robin, I think it's fairly simple. Peter is older than Robin (which I assume because Anna was pretty much a rookie when that thing with Faison supposedly happened). It was confirmed (though that sometimes means nothing to TIIC) that Anna was a virgin when she slept with Robert. That would mean that she had not given birth to Peter, Alex did. Or does logic count for nothing in The Chuckles?

Not to mention that Robert is savvy enough to know that Anna was a virgin! But then again, soaps have been known to undo abortions, so what's a pesky little thing like virginity to these assholes. Like I said, this regime is just determined to destroy and decimate the last of the best characters from this show.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, TheMediaHo said:

It’s very confusing if we go by the actors’ ages. Finola was only 18 when Kimberly was born, so how could Anna have already been working several years before that. Then again, Alex is the exact same age as Anna, so it’s just the typical soap tactic of having improbable age differences between mothers and their children. 

I don’t think they’ve given any indication that Anna was a virgin with Robert. If the DVX is like the KGB, she would have received sex training. 

26 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Not only did his lines with Maxie sound programmed - they made him sound like a teenage boy who (until moving to Port Charles) lived a very isolated life that did not include any actual relationships with women.

Wasn't that sort of his life with Faison? I can't imagine trying to be any sort of normal with that horror for a father.

27 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

And his anger toward Anna in various scenes since he arrived in Port Charles kinda makes him sound like 20something Carly, outraged that Bobbie had given her up for adoption. C'mon now, it all rings false/forced considering that his character I believe is supposed to be approximately mid-30s/early 40s. 

This has been aggravating to me ever since LWB/FS heard why Anna gave him up. It was an entirely legitimate reason. It's not her fault Valentin then handed over Peter to Faison. I could deal with the initial anger and disappoint and all that, but for Peter to still be pissy about it is so immature. I'm also annoyed that Anna doesn't tell him to knock off the guilt trip, but she's wallowing in her own misery—also aggravating.

26 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

an intact hymen

A woman can have a broken hymen and still be a virgin.

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

A woman can have a broken hymen and still be a virgin.

D'OH! You're right. Fixed!

25 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

This has been aggravating to me ever since LWB/FS heard why Anna gave him up. It was an entirely legitimate reason. It's not her fault Valentin then handed over Peter to Faison. I could deal with the initial anger and disappoint and all that, but for Peter to still be pissy about it is so immature. I'm also annoyed that Anna doesn't tell him to knock off the guilt trip, but she's wallowing in her own misery—also aggravating.

I know, right?

STFU Franco!! And Elizabeth, you suck as a mother for agreeing with Franco's nastiness and walking out of the room, instead of having a real conversation with Cam who is almost in tears. Franco acting like Aiden is his own precious child and Cam is a terrible person who deserves anger is utter b.s. I don't agree with beating up people, but Cam is totally right that teenagers/Aiden's classmates' siblings should NEVER get away with talking about or nastily labeling a 3rd grader.

Spencer 's line to Nina about Valentine and "your precious Sasha" was the most I have ever liked the character.  Valentine's phone call to Nora and then explanation about Spencer should make Nina suspicious if she has two brain cells to rub together.

Shut up, Jason and Carly. 

Michael, the paternity of Willow's baby is none of your business. I get that this is going to push the storyline of Michael finding out "Wiley" is his son/Willow finding out her son died, but I don't care.

• Love 4

I'd be a lot more tolerant of Brad joining the DoD defense team if we had been given more than one measly scene supporting it. Better writing would have taken the steps of showing Brad finding comfort in DoD to atone for his misdeeds, most notably the baby that died in his care. Instead, it just looks like a known schemer has lost all his sensibilities after a single friendly interaction with Shiloh.

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with Jason that his only response to hearing about Oscar's impending death is to tell Carly that he's there for HER and not Oscar? This kid is his nephew, he should absolutely drop in to visit him and express condolences to Drew and Kim, but instead it's all "nothing's more important than YOU, Carly, let me know when you want an OJ refill."

Sometimes I wonder if the show doesn't want us to remember that Willow's baby is dead. There's no tension involving these big reveal moments because we've known from the onset that her baby didn't survive. Whatever she's feeling now and whatever's to come with Shiloh finding out he fathered her child is totally moot.

• Love 3

I'd be a lot more tolerant of Brad joining the DoD defense team if we had been given more than one measly scene supporting it. 

and if that scene was... two weeks ago??? He had a brochure in his bag-- Willow spotted it and he said he was considering a parenting class. NOW all of a sudden he's lying for Shiloh? 

He's been working Kristina since before Christmas-- Brad must be extremely susceptible if he's falling in line that quickly. 

• Love 3

Carly reciting sheer exposition.

Spencer.

Spencer talking about whether Charlotte and Laura will spend much time together.

More of the Aiden non story.

Sam (whose hair looks nice) glancing at the ceiling, where I guess Ryan Paevey left his leftover cue cards.

Saving this episode for when I have insomnia.

Edited by ulkis
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

The cup has the stupid tattooo log on the bottom, so it can be proven that it's DOD's cup, just not who specifically had it. 

Or who put the drug in it. Nora Buchanan would argue that Jason stole the cup and put the drugs in it himself to frame Shiloh.

3 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I don’t think they’ve given any indication that Anna was a virgin with Robert. If the DVX is like the KGB, she would have received sex training. 

I seem to remember a conversation about Anna being a virgin before Robert in the wedding flashbacks but I can't pinpoint it now.

1 hour ago, Linny said:

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with Jason that his only response to hearing about Oscar's impending death is to tell Carly that he's there for HER and not Oscar? This kid is his nephew, he should absolutely drop in to visit him and express condolences to Drew and Kim, but instead it's all "nothing's more important than YOU, Carly, let me know when you want an OJ refill."

Carly and Jason are the world's most selfish, lacking-in-empathy people. Sonny comes in a close third.

Oscar who? Unless Sam asks him to do it for her, he doesn't care about Drew, Oscar or Jake.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Oscar who? Unless Sam asks him to do it for her, he doesn't care about Drew, Oscar or Jake.

Sam isn't allowed to share one-on-one scenes with Drew anymore so she won't know about Oscar unless someone tells her and it's pretty clear we can count out Jason or Carly telling her. I want Oscar to die and soon but you'd think SOMEONE (I'm looking at you, Sam) would have considered before now to let Oscar spend time with his little sister. 

• Love 2

Am I the only one who thinks the actor who portrays Brad is really awful? He has as much subtlety as my cat and believe me, that isn’t any at all. Please be done with this story line and move along, writers. Please.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Am I the only one who thinks the actor who portrays Brad is really awful? He has as much subtlety as my cat and believe me, that isn’t any at all. Please be done with this story line and move along, writers. Please.

No.  I've always found him terrible and Lucas is wasted on him.

• Love 4

"I gotta say, now I'm starting to get worried," says Sam in the least worried voice she can muster. The she decides to muster up some concern.

Ugh, Spencer. Shut up and go to a maximum-security school so I never have to see you again. 

I don't understand why Valentin insists on fighting Lulu about custody. If he didn't want Charlotte to know who bio mom is, he shouldn't have brought her to Port Charles. The whole thing is so aggravating. Fight Lulu some other way. Leave the kid out of it. Ugh.

"When I'm this tired I don't have an edit button." Oh, Carly, you never have an edit button!

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Linny said:

I'd be a lot more tolerant of Brad joining the DoD defense team if we had been given more than one measly scene supporting it. Better writing would have taken the steps of showing Brad finding comfort in DoD to atone for his misdeeds, most notably the baby that died in his care. Instead, it just looks like a known schemer has lost all his sensibilities after a single friendly interaction with Shiloh.

That was exactly my thought when I read the spoiled thread yesterday.  The groundwork was perfectly laid for Brad to be a susceptible target for DoD, with the baby swap secret weighing on him so heavily.  It was right there, but the show didn't want to "waste time" letting it organically breathe and build on-screen.

It also remains annoying to me that, while I like Willow, she's been positioned to be the main focus of the baby swap.  I'm sure, when it all comes out, she'll get days and days to react while Lucas (who?) will probably get five lines.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't understand why Valentin insists on fighting Lulu about custody. If he didn't want Charlotte to know who bio mom is, he shouldn't have brought her to Port Charles. The whole thing is so aggravating. Fight Lulu some other way. Leave the kid out of it. Ugh.

Because the writers don't know what to do with him. He is fighting with a 13 year old boy, tries to pick a fight with Laura and is lying to Nina. 

Brad has been to DoD twice and I don't even know what to think. Did he hate Jason that much before or is this a new thing?

Jason to Carly: There's no one more important than you and Josslyn.

Honestly, I don't know why the writers insist on wanting this jerkwad in a "relationship" or wanted him to have children. Everyone who isn't his girlfriend/ex-wife or sons is more important.

He's got to be the character I hate the most on this show. 

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Valentin didn't bring Charlotte to Port Charles, Claudette did, when she was trying to pass the kid off as Nathan and then Griffin's to keep her safe from Valentin Cassadine. We might be supposed to forget that first part of the storyline, I'm not sure. It still isn't clear if Claudette knew Lulu was the bio-mom or if it was just a big coincidence that she ran to Port Charles.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Valentin didn't bring Charlotte to Port Charles, Claudette did, when she was trying to pass the kid off as Nathan and then Griffin's to keep her safe from Valentin Cassadine.

You're giving Claudette way too much credit.  She was using that kid too.

Again, just send stupid Charlotte to boarding school and throw away the key. 

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

You're giving Claudette way too much credit.  She was using that kid too.

Again, just send stupid Charlotte to boarding school and throw away the key. 

I'm just trying to throw stuff against the wall to see what sticks to try and make sense of this dumb Charlotte-conception story.

• Love 2