Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL at Lulu throwing around "deep background" and "FOIA request" as if she has any idea what they mean, how they're used, and how she gets them. 

Not to mention portraying her interview with Felicia to Maxie in a positive light when Felicia couldn't have been less enthusiastic about it and told Lulu that she was part of the problem, not some great journalistic savior only after the "real story of Ryan."

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Not to mention portraying her interview with Felicia to Maxie in a positive light when Felicia couldn't have been less enthusiastic about it and told Lulu that she was part of the problem, not some great journalistic savior only after the "real story of Ryan."

That cracked me up, especially when Lulu told Maxie that Felicia had "an interesting take" on the whole thing. Uh, that's one way to put it.

Another Pulitzer-worthy effort from Port Charles's favorite Girl Reporter!

I rag on Lulu a lot, but they write her as such an idiot it's hard not to. Once again, she's barreling along with a story she doesn't fully understand, and she doesn't admit she doesn't understand it.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I rag on Lulu a lot, but they write her as such an idiot it's hard not to. Once again, she's barreling along with a story she doesn't fully understand, and she doesn't admit she doesn't understand it.

Lulu is so juvenile. She doesn't behave like a mature person most of the time. Also, I'll never get over how she never went to journalism school and decided to become a journalist because reasons and landed herself a job. 

I would have liked it better if she had a blog that became successful or something along those lines. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

just to show how big bad Ava has ruined poor Griffin's life. We never saw him give last rites or anything of that sort.

And why would the archdiocese just take Ava's word for it?  Wouldn't they have investigated him and found out that he was giving last rites or whatever and then boot him out?  So stupid.  

• Love 4

Was the audience suppose to feel something between Jason and Sam in that last scene?  I think it's indicating that the pairing is about to finally start up and I'll say that the actors did not appear to be half asleep.  But I didn't feel anything from it.  "I don't take you for granted?"   Really?  That relationship?

• Love 3

Griffin also said that technically he wasn't supposed to stay in a place where he had served as a priest because the temptation to give counsel would be high and he wasn't supposed to do that. I don't know that he necessarily provided counsel or pastoral care but he did a lot of motivational speaking to a lot of people a lot of times in the chapel. That could definitely look bad. It's totally stupid though

• Love 2

Jesus God. Felicia bitch slaps Lulu's integrity and Lulu is too stupid to even realize it. 

I thought both Felicia and Maxie looked really good Friday. I mean, not what they were wearing but their faces.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Perkie said:

And why would the archdiocese just take Ava's word for it?  Wouldn't they have investigated him and found out that he was giving last rites or whatever and then boot him out?  So stupid.  

All I remember him doing was give counsel and comfort to his friends when they needed it.  He certainly was not giving absolution or the last rites or handing out communion.  Totally outrageous that he would be denied receiving the sacraments.  Shoot, I went to confession today; should have asked Fr. Kevin about it.   LOL.    

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Hater said:

Was the audience suppose to feel something between Jason and Sam in that last scene?  I think it's indicating that the pairing is about to finally start up and I'll say that the actors did not appear to be half asleep.  But I didn't feel anything from it.  "I don't take you for granted?"   Really?  That relationship?

I assume the idea was that the audience is supposed to be deeply moved that Jason went to see Sam and suggested family time that involves Monica/the Qs after Sam recently asked him to "be present."  It suggested that Jason possibly cares about his 'great love' and his sons, not just living to serve S&C and Michael. I didn't like the scene because Sam told Jason she just knew that Danny was going to be okay because that's a retcon.  The reality was that at that time she was hugging Julian and crying on him for donating bone marrow because "I thought I was going to outlive my son." The second reason I didn't like that scene is because it seemed like Jason suggested going to the Qs because he wanted to make Sam swoon that he's paying attention to what she asks of him - not because he actually cares about spending time with his mother and son.  I was thinking, it shouldn't take your ex asking you to be present for family and then hearing that your nephew is dying to willing spend time with your mom and other family. Ugh.

And btw Jason, much of your history indicates that you DO in fact take Sam for granted.

• Love 14
On 9/29/2018 at 3:44 PM, Hater said:

My stomach started gurgling and I had to run to the bathroom.  Does that count?

• Love 3
On 9/30/2018 at 8:41 AM, Bringonthedrama said:

And btw Jason, much of your history indicates that you DO in fact take Sam for granted.

Heaven forfend Jason has to take any active role in the lives of the people he purportedly loves. It's very convenient for him he has that "live and let live" philosophy. Ugh.

• Love 5
On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 10:11 PM, LexieLily said:

Shut up, Lucy. She better not be trying to move in on Kevin.

Shut up, Laura.  Holding your grandson's hand because he lost a student election is ridiculous.

Sorry, gotta rep for my girl! ;)

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Shut up, Laura.  Holding your grandson's hand because he lost a student election is ridiculous.

Sorry, gotta rep for my girl! ;)

Because he did what? It is entirely possible I missed something. 

I am equally sure that other than "taking care of Spencer!" there will be no explanation as to why Spencer's broken legs and Laura's trip to France went from six weeks to nine months.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Because he did what? It is entirely possible I missed something.

Somewhat recently, right before the switch I think (it might have been when Lucy was talking to Kevin on his birthday, actually), someone asked why Laura was still away and Kevin said something about Spencer being all depressed about losing a student election and that's why Laura was still with him. 

And, in the preview clip of her return

she grossly says she's only back because Spencer basically dismissed her.

28 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Somewhat recently, right before the switch I think (it might have been when Lucy was talking to Kevin on his birthday, actually), someone asked why Laura was still away and Kevin said something about Spencer being all depressed about losing a student election and that's why Laura was still with him. 

Reveal hidden contents

7 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Way to raise an entitled white male, Laura!  (I wish they had come up with a better reason for her staying away.)

Da FUCK? THIS is NOT the same woman who raised Lucky. The same independent Lucky that came to Port Charles on his own as a 10/11 year old after Smith found them in Canada and torched the cafe/diner.

FUCK OFF AND DIE FRANK AND THE HACKS THAT WROTE THIS BULLSHITE!???????????

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Da FUCK? THIS is NOT the same woman who raised Lucky. The same independent Lucky that came to Port Charles on his own as a 10/11 year old after Smith found them in Canada and torched the cafe/diner.

FUCK OFF AND DIE FRANK AND THE HACKS THAT WROTE THIS BULLSHITE!???????????

Grandparents rarely treat grandchildren the same way they treated their children. 

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Hide contents

Ugh, really? How lame of her/the writing. 

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Maybe in real life. I don't want to see Laura further ruined than she already has been.

It certainly is horrible when grandparents spend time with their grandchildren.  Especially whenthe parents are dead.

• Love 4

I like Lucy. But she was so annoying this episode, I would have been on Ryan's side.

Was Caroline Hennessy not available?  Diane's replacement day player is competent but looks a little too much like Brett Kavanaugh for this moment in time. Carly threatening that he'd better be the best for her poor Jason moved from eyerolling to nauseating.  The show is really going to mess this up, isn't it?

Also nauseating is Nina ready to attack Charlotte's teacher for being against her based on a vaguely worded comment to Lulu.  Parenting 101: get more information before you go in with guns blazing.

16 minutes ago, Katy M said:

It certainly is horrible when grandparents spend time with their grandchildren.  Especially whenthe parents are dead.

It's bad parenting to over-indulge a minor and keep him from developing the skills he needs to become independent and be able to cope with life on his own.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 6

Oops, I wrote this comment re: Lulu but forgot to post it:

Lulu did take a writing class in college (she did go to college for a while but I don't know if she dropped out or the show just dropped it), but that's about it.

Anyway, today's episode: could Laura Wright stop getting botox every two weeks?

• Love 2

Did anyone else notice Max Gail say “shit talking to people” with the word shit being muted?  It happens at 0:18 right after Carly asks if he likes Felix.

Or am I imagining things?

Which is ridiculous given Carly didn't blow until town until YEARS after all the Ryan stuff happened.

Although I guess she can read Lulu's sure-to-be-scintillating article about it. #alltheeyerolls

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Which is ridiculous given Carly didn't blow until town until YEARS after all the Ryan stuff happened.

Although I guess she can read Lulu's sure-to-be-scintillating article about it. #alltheeyerolls

I don't know if Ryan could even pick Carly out of a lineup.

• Love 3

Something was definitely muted, but I doubt it was "shit." I think Max Gail is too professional to let something like that happen. They also seemed to mute Carly saying "I will help you" when Lucy came over and said hello to Mike.

How many more times do we have to watch Margaux and/or Jordan question Sonny, Jason, and/or Mike about this dumb body stuff? Margaux going on about how terrible Sonny and Jason are is way too little, way too late. Ugh. SO BORING.

Lulu, when Nina beats you at the mother game by being more suspicious of Charlotte's teacher than you are because the teacher calls Charlotte "assertive," you need to rethink your approach. That whole conversation was so gross. Way to keep those traditional gender traits intact, Lulu. Gah. 

I also hate the Sasha story. Why are men telling women who they are? This is as gross as Franco tracking down Jim Garvey's other abuse victims and forcing them to relive it.

• Love 4
On 9/15/2018 at 2:35 PM, dubbel zout said:

And still no announcement that "the role of Jordan Ashford will now be played by Briana Nicole Henry."

I just watched episode. I’m wayyyyyy behind. Anyway, that had to be the most uneventful first day for a recast. I actually feel bad for the new actress. nuJordan isn’t only working with an actress who just stated a few weeks ago but she doesn’t even get the soap special announcement that the role of Jordan Ashford is now being played by.........Even a due to illness the role of Jordan Ashford will be played today by...........would have been better.  LOL!!!! It’s practially a daytime staple. At least, that’s how it was done in the 70’s, 80’s & 90’s. The soaps suck today. 

Okay, as everyone knows, I'm much more of a Lucy/Doc fan than Laura/Kevin.  But I do enjoy when Laura gets to be a little bitchy/salty versus the sainted angel she was too often characterized as.  So her telling Lucy that, next time she wants to drop off some soup, she should look up Scotty* was a pretty good burn, Patrice.

But again, Show, if you have Ryan kill Lucy during this story, I'll be pouring some scalding hot soup in your lap.

* I kinda wish Scotty could play a part in this story too, given his long and tangled histories with Laura, Kevin, and Lucy.

• Love 7

So after all the shit Carly gave Ava for her role in Morgan's death, and after all the shit she gave Nelle for manipulating her family in their time of grief, her grand plan to save Sonny is smearing Margaux's dad's reputation and ruining any goodwill Margaux has for him? First of all, hypocrisy just collapsed in exhaustion after hearing that, and second of all, doesn't matter what kind of man Vincent Marino was, his murder is still a CRIME. Doesn't matter what criminal activity his bank records may show or if he had mistresses up and down the Eastern Seaboard, he's still dead at Sonny's hands. 

And why would Margaux be so scared of her father's tarnished reputation that she'd back off Sonny, anyway? If the implication is that it would reflect badly on her professional career, well, people like Dante and Michael seem to be doing just fine despite the sins of their father, so that line of reasoning doesn't hold water. The whole thing is absurd, and is really only showcasing that there's no limit to Carly's nastiness.

• Love 23

Margaux: We can get Jason to flip on Sonny.     Carly: We can get Margaux to back off Sonny by smearing her dead father.

Pop quiz:  which is the stupider assumption?

Noteworthy that once again, Carly and Jason have zero shame or sense of remorse for all the terrible things Sonny has done, and in going to do in the future (per Jason).

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Noteworthy that once again, Carly and Jason have zero shame or sense of remorse for all the terrible things Sonny has done, and in going to do in the future (per Jason).

Didn't one of them refer to Sonny committing this murder as a "mistake" last week?  Dear idiots - when you commit a murder as the first step to being a mafia boss, which you still are, that's not a mistake!

• Love 9
Just now, statsgirl said:

Margaux: We can get Jason to flip on Sonny.     Carly: We can get Margaux to back off Sonny by smearing her dead father.

Pop quiz:  which is the stupider assumption?

I think they're both pretty unlikely.  Jason flipping on Sonny would make a better story, though.  Imagine the drama and the re-alliances.  Yes, I know they semi-did this before when Jason decided to take over the mob because he didn't want Sonny dating Emily and then Sonny was going to kill Jason. 

• Love 5
Just now, TeeVee329 said:

Didn't one of them refer to Sonny committing this murder as a "mistake" last week?  Dear idiots - when you commit a murder as the first step to being a mafia boss, which you still are, that's not a mistake!

Didn't Sonny refer to other murders as "mistakes"? He tends to make that same mistake a lot, ya know.

• Love 8

I don't think it's weird for Lulu and Valerie to be fine now, but the dialogue was too much. Lulu should have just said, "oh hey Valerie, how's it going?" not "oh gosh Valerie it's been such a long time, how are you!!!" It's partly ER's fault, she could have said it much more casually.

• Love 7

Geez this show gets worse and worse.  Are we supposed to give a care at all that Oscar and Joss broke up?  I don't.

Back when Nelle was on, I hated the storyline because I couldn't root for her or Carly.  Well, here we go again.  I don't like Margeaux. I don't like Carly.  I'm bored with this storyline because I'm annoyed by all parties.

Oh look it's Valerie. How long will she be around?  At least they don't seem to be setting up an affair between Lulu and Chase.

Nina and her daughter? Snooze.

Get it together, GH writers.

• Love 2

I like how Jason was like, "Sonny has to get away with every single crime he commits to win, Margaux only needs to win once!"

Nice set for Laura and Kevin.

9 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Get it together, GH writers.

This show needs a time jump.

• Love 2

Am I the only one who thought Lulu's reaction to Valerie getting Dante's desk was over the top?  She was actually crying because the new detective will be briefly using an empty desk to work at.  Dante is coming back (with a new face, I'm sure).  Heck, I don't think Maxie had that big of a reaction when Chase took over DEAD Nathan's desk.  

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Am I the only one who thought Lulu's reaction to Valerie getting Dante's desk was over the top?  She was actually crying because the new detective will be briefly using an empty desk to work at.  Dante is coming back (with a new face, I'm sure).  Heck, I don't think Maxie had that big of a reaction when Chase took over DEAD Nathan's desk.  

I think it was more Valerie being made Chase's partner as opposed to the desk. And no, I didn't think it was too much. She misses him; she usually is pretty stoic about it but I get her being upset. And Dante had the desk a lot longer than Nathan, and I think Lulu has more memories of her and Dante at the pcpd (partly because of their relatives' many arrests lol). Maxie wasn't around there nearly as often.

I don't think they're recasting Dante any time soon.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5
32 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I don't think it's weird for Lulu and Valerie to be fine now, but the dialogue was too much. Lulu should have just said, "oh hey Valerie, how's it going?" not "oh gosh Valerie it's been such a long time, how are you!!!" It's partly ER's fault, she could have said it much more casually.

Emme and Brytni are friendly in their real live and Emme does tend to be exuberant and bubbly in that real life.  Perhaps we just saw a bit of that on our screens? 

BTW, I actually like that they are fine now.  Maybe that's because the 2015 story that damaged all three characters was so bad; and, IMO, should never have been written.  So I choose to forget it when I can.  As well, even though these two supposedly have other Spencer family in Port Charles, we sure don't see much of those estranged Spencers.  SOOO, I'm all for the cousins putting the past in the past and having a friendly connection.  They need family with which they can interact.  (Not that I expect to see much Valerie air time, but I can think about it in my off-screen GH. )

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Aurora2 said:

Emme and Brytni are friendly in their real live and Emme does tend to be exuberant and bubbly in that real life.  Perhaps we just saw a bit of that on our screens? 

I think so.

While I too was kinda bummed at Dante's desk not being unoccupied (that picture of him and baby Rocco is adorable) I thought the scene between Chase and Valerie was cute.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1