Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

46 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Chad couldn't squeeze out a few tears when Michael asked Morgan to look out for Jonah? Pfft.

Could any of us squeeze out some tears when talking to a prop headstone of Morgan, a character last played by Bryan "I overdosed by accident on advil" Craig? It was probably all CD could do to keep from laughing.

• Love 15
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

It's worse than just avoiding having Sam deal in a normal way with Drew or Drew being involved in stories like his great nephew's funeral.  It's things like having Sam go to Jason to get a permission form for Danny's field trip signed and Kristina pop up at the funeral reception and talk about how great it is for Sam to have Jason back, rather actually writing a decent story where Jason and Sam have such a true love that they can't but be together or having the actors act like they actually want to be together.

Not only do her recent scenes make it sound like Kristina has had NO meaningful interaction with her family since moving away since she had to be told the Readers Digest version of the Drew/Jason saga, Kristina made it sound like Sam should be so happy she has Jason back to love as though she hasn't been in love or MARRIED since Jason first died. She (Kristina) is just one of many who think it is Sam's sole purpose to love Jason and that it is inevitable they will and should, dammit, be together. No one is putting any of the responsibility on Jason to love Sam because he got this unprecedented second chance with her or to make time for her or his children. When Drew-as-Jason got his unprecedented second chance at a life with Sam he moved heaven and earth to prioritize her and their family but no one, not even Sam, expects that from SBu Jason. To do the bare minimum and NOT run back to the lifestyle choices that got him killed five years ago.

• Love 8

I give it a month, tops,  before this whole thing blows up in Brad's face (and Julian's too) so the show can break up the gay couple to whom they barely gave any airtime since Ron Carlivati left.

The only way I'm going to accept any of this crap is if a heart-broken Lucas goes to seek solace from his old med school buddy Griffin and they wind up sleeping together. I'd be willing to forgive a LOT if that happens. Onscreen.

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, Aymery said:

I give it a month, tops,  before this whole thing blows up in Brad's face (and Julian's too) so the show can break up the gay couple to whom they barely gave any airtime since Ron Carlivati left.

With the added bonus of allowing Sonny and Carly to scream at and berate Big Bad Evil Julian for keeping them from their grandchild, never mind the fact they took extreme and an almost sadistic delight in keeping Julian's sister away from HER daughter.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, Perkie said:

Since "Wylie" is really Jonah (Bobbie's great grandson), he's related by blood to Charlotte(Luke's granddaughter) so ewwww!!!

Would it though?  Plus there would be the killer's prints, possilby Scully's prints, Sonny's prints, Mike's prints and possibly Charlie's prints. 

Also Sonny didn't kill the guy, he just disposed of the body and gun.  So while his prints would be on the gun, they wouldn't be on any bullets still left in the gun.  

Since Lucas and Wiley are adopted, there is no "blood relation".  There is a familial relation - third cousins? - but Bobbie's and Luke's kids rarely seem to enter each other's orbits. 

11 hours ago, Tenshinhan said:

Pretty sure Sonny is supposed to have killed the guy.  They were vague about it early on, but recent episodes seem to heavily imply it.

No, he told Jason the guy was already dead.  

Edited:   I found this transcript from April 7th where he tells Jason about it:

This was way back when I worked for joe scully. I was moving up in the organization, proving my loyalty. And joe calls me one night, and he says, uh, to meet him at one of his bars. Apparently, one of his guys wasn't trustworthy. There was a problem. Simple as that. So I get there and there's -- there he is. He's -- he's not mad. He's casual. Doesn't even turn away from the tv and he says, uh, "you're gonna be driving to croton. Don't forget your shovel." And there it was. Right there, what used to be joe's problem wrapped in a plastic shower curtain in the trunk. So I took care of the problem in a field. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, ulkis said:
10 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Chad couldn't squeeze out a few tears when Michael asked Morgan to look out for Jonah? Pfft.

Could any of us squeeze out some tears when talking to a prop headstone of Morgan, a character last played by Bryan "I overdosed by accident on advil" Craig? It was probably all CD could do to keep from laughing.

LOL. But considering Michael was talking to his dead brother about his dead son, I don't think a few tears would have been unreasonable.

• Love 1

That whole funeral was annoying, especially since it was for someone who is still alive.

The day Michael gets married, all of PC will be invited, it will be a week-long celebration. When he dies, the flags will be flown half-mast and everyone will be dressed in mourning for a year. They will get the same hair cut he has and suck the air out of the room like he does.

I fucking hate Michael. He is such a bland character, played by a bland actor. 

• Love 11
17 hours ago, statsgirl said:

rather actually writing a decent story where Jason and Sam have such a true love that they can't but be together or having the actors act like they actually want to be together.

Have Jason and Sam even fucking HUGGED yet? This is getting so idiotic.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Have Jason and Sam even fucking HUGGED yet? This is getting so idiotic.

No!  But she touched him twice yesterday.   Progress and passion.

• Love 1

I really, really, really hope Kiki isn't actually Nina's, but if she is...wouldn't that mean that the man she believed to be her father was actually her father?  She'd be switching mothers but not fathers. Am I right?  He'd still be dead, but only half of her family tree would change.

• Love 4

I paused the TV when Julian was looking at the adoption application. Lucas is listed as the applicant and Brad as the co-applicant. It then lists Lucas as a Caucasian male and under highest grade competed it says bachelors degree and then for occupation it says trauma surgeon. Anyone know how you are an MD with only a bachelors? Personally, I want my surgeon to have graduated medical school...

• Love 15

This has been Mumbling Vaguely about Grief and Blinking Through the Pain with Sonny and Michael. I ain't got time for Sonny's infinite wisdom when baby Corinthos will surely be anointed into the dynasty in due time.

I can't seem to warm up to Margaux and Drew, but at least she was dressed better today. I'm mostly waiting on Sam seeing them together, as I'm sure she'll have some opinions on the matter given her previous friction with Margaux.

I'm actually hoping Curtis will find Nina's long-lost daughter and it will indeed be Kiki. I don't care how much logic has to be trampled in the process (but tbh logic was left bleeding on the side of the road a loooong time ago), if it means Ava's free of that insufferable brat I'll do a happy dance. 

• Love 4

Hey, I have a bachelor's degree! Can I be a surgeon too?

31 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Lulu is so dumb. Why would she want to work for Peter at yet another publication, unless this is part of her and Maxie's plan to "take him down", which hasn't been referenced in months.

Because Peter is making her his star investigative reporter.  Back at her old paper, the new editor gave the investigative job to someone who won a Pulitzer and has a large media prescense and moved Lulu to writing puff pieces.  Lulu asked Drew to "put in a good word" for her aka get her the old job back and Drew said that that's why he hires good people, to have them make the decisions.  Then he suggested that Lulu actually work to get the prestigious position.  (Drew apparently didn't get the memo that on soap operas, you get your job by who  you're associated with, not through your own abilities. See: Corinthos, Michael.)

So Lulu went running to Peter who have her the good job on his yellow journalism rag.

15 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Margaux graduated from NYU only cum laude? Tsk, tsk. I had to laugh when Curtis made her move from Brooklyn to Port Charles sound like a step up. In title only.

I couldn't understand that she went from honours at Princeton to NYU. Why not Columbia if she's in New York.

14 hours ago, Aymery said:

The only way I'm going to accept any of this crap is if a heart-broken Lucas goes to seek solace from his old med school buddy Griffin and they wind up sleeping together. I'd be willing to forgive a LOT if that happens. Onscreen.

It's perfect for Griffin -- Lucas is another poof lost soul he can save.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Because Peter is making her his star investigative reporter.  Back at her old paper, the new editor gave the investigative job to someone who won a Pulitzer and has a large media prescense and moved Lulu to writing puff pieces.  Lulu asked Drew to "put in a good word" for her aka get her the old job back and Drew said that that's why he hires good people, to have them make the decisions.  Then he suggested that Lulu actually work to get the prestigious position.  

Did you miss how she uncovered MOLDY PIZZA being served at PC's grammar school?  She's Woodward and Bernstein all rolled into one!

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Lulu is so dumb. Why would she want to work for Peter at yet another publication, unless this is part of her and Maxie's plan to "take him down", which hasn't been referenced in months.

Because Lulu wants to write hard-hitting articles about things like the Colonel's chicken, not fluff pieces!! And Peter is amazing!! 

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I paused the TV when Julian was looking at the adoption application. Lucas is listed as the applicant and Brad as the co-applicant. It then lists Lucas as a Caucasian male and under highest grade competed it says bachelors degree and then for occupation it says trauma surgeon. Anyone know how you are an MD with only a bachelors? Personally, I want my surgeon to have graduated medical school...

Almost as dumb a gaffe as when "infectuous diseases" was listed on the screen in the hospital.  

If the writing/production team can't spell simple words or remember MD's require medical school, I don't have much hope that any of the show's history will ever be presented or respected ever again. Anna being Peter's mother, for one example of many, makes perfect sense coming from this crew. 

8 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Back at her old paper, the new editor gave the investigative job to someone who won a Pulitzer and has a large media prescense and moved Lulu to writing puff pieces.  Lulu asked Drew to "put in a good word" for her aka get her the old job back and Drew said that that's why he hires good people, to have them make the decisions.  Then he suggested that Lulu actually work to get the prestigious position.  (Drew apparently didn't get the memo that on soap operas, you get your job by who  you're associated with, not through your own abilities. See: Corinthos, Michael.)

So Lulu went running to Peter who have her the good job on his yellow journalism rag.

When Lulu told Maxie, "normally I'd have to put in years for a position like this," or something to that effect, that just summed up the little brat's entire existence.  It was buoyed by her earlier scene with Drew when she stressed yet again, "I'm a Spencer." BM's constant look of bewilderment really came in handy this time as he had to explain to her with charts and pictures what a dumbass she is. 

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, Linny said:

I can't seem to warm up to Margaux and Drew, but at least she was dressed better today. I'm mostly waiting on Sam seeing them together, as I'm sure she'll have some opinions on the matter given her previous friction with Margaux.

When something is so clearly being forced, it's hard to get into.  Still wondering what was the point of Kim/Oscar (baby mama/son)  if FV was just going to call EH to be paired with Billy.  As for Sam,  I would guess Jason has more of a reaction to this "couple" than she does.  

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2

Drew and Margaux are the clunkiest most awkward couple ever. Today I watched live and didn't have the luxury of FF so they got the old school muteroo.

They're so bad together that when Drew and Lulu shared a scene together it was fireworks in comparison. I actually would not be opposed to testing that one out. Today we saw Drew has both the ability and patience to explain basic concepts of human behavior to Lulu of which she needs 101 level instruction. 

• Love 2

I know this is a few days late, but when Monica suspended Griffin, and told Lauren that even though what Bensch did “was reprehensible,” it wasn’t criminal, so therefore she couldn’t fire him, my ???????? So because the rules and policies regarding sexual harassment at the hospital are ANTIQUATED and haven’t been updated, they can’t FIRE his ass? Is this show stuck in the early 20th century? Why doesn’t Lauren and Alexis take this to social media and pressure the hospital to fire him?

And that from the time she reported him to trial and verdict, they still didn’t update their policy?

Oh, wait. This is As Mooby’s World Turns, and General Hospital has no meaning. This FAKAKTA show.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, CharethCutestory said:

When Lulu told Maxie, "normally I'd have to put in years for a position like this," or something to that effect, that just summed up the little brat's entire existence.  It was buoyed by her earlier scene with Drew when she stressed yet again, "I'm a Spencer." BM's constant look of bewilderment really came in handy this time as he had to explain to her with charts and pictures what a dumbass she is. 

I was thinking that aren't puff-pieces Spencer-esque? If someone were to write about Luke's adventures it would be a puff piece. He was out running stupid cons in stupid outfits, not running investigations.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, CharethCutestory said:

Drew and Margaux are the clunkiest most awkward couple ever. Today I watched live and didn't have the luxury of FF so they got the old school muteroo.

They're so bad together that when Drew and Lulu shared a scene together it was fireworks in comparison. I actually would not be opposed to testing that one out. Today we saw Drew has both the ability and patience to explain basic concepts of human behavior to Lulu of which she needs 101 level instruction. 

I've always wondered what Lulu would be like paired up with Jason/Drew (Billy).  I was advocating for it last year when Burton announced his return.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Hater said:

When something is so clearly being forced, it's hard to get into.  Still wondering what was the point of Kim/Oscar (baby mama/son)  if FV was just going to call EH to be paired with Billy.  As for Sam,  I would guess Jason has more of a reaction to this "couple" than she does.  

I suppose Frank liked what he saw with Julian and Kim and then EH became available.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, CharethCutestory said:

Almost as dumb a gaffe as when "infectuous diseases" was listed on the screen in the hospital.  

If the writing/production team can't spell simple words or remember MD's require medical school, I don't have much hope that any of the show's history will ever be presented or respected ever again. Anna being Peter's mother, for one example of many, makes perfect sense coming from this crew. 

Or even simpler functions than that, learning the differences between the left and right side of the body. Michael's leg brace switched legs a few weeks ago as did Valentin's arm tattoo. Wedding rings aren't worn when they are supposed to be or are worn when they aren't supposed to be. Every high school play in existence has a prop manager or someone in the crew to pay attention to details and a major network TV show doesn't have such a person?!

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Hater said:

I've always wondered what Lulu would be like paired up with Jason/Drew (Billy).  I was advocating for it last year when Burton announced his return.

:narrows eyes: Lulu needs to leave and meet up with her husband. :p

That said there does seem to be some chem there but since ER is so small I feel like BM would bust out his "you little this you little that" even more.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I suppose Frank liked what he saw with Julian and Kim and then EH became available.

The Julian/Kim stuff is part of it. But he went through the process of auditioning actresses only to call her.  She was out of work for months.  FV constantly trying to reclaim old pairings.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

She'd be switching mothers but not fathers. Am I right?

Right.  Silas was married to Nina, while having an affair with Ava .  Story at the time was that both Nina and Ava were pregnant at the same time.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Because Peter is making her his star investigative reporter.  Back at her old paper, the new editor gave the investigative job to someone who won a Pulitzer and has a large media prescense and moved Lulu to writing puff pieces.  Lulu asked Drew to "put in a good word" for her aka get her the old job back and Drew said that that's why he hires good people, to have them make the decisions.  Then he suggested that Lulu actually work to get the prestigious position. 

1 hour ago, CharethCutestory said:

Of course Lulu thinks she should not come in second to a Pulitzer Prize winning journalist!!  God forbid she take this "career" set back in stride and look at it as a great opportunity to learn her craft from the best of the best.  I loved it when Lulu said the editor told her she needed experience in doing stories about people she does not know.  What a great put down of Lulu's journalistic "experience" .She is a Spencer and rules do not apply to her. She decided to work for Peter so she did not to do the hard word in order to advance in her career.  She would even risk her fragile friendship with Maxie in the process.  Lulu us a vile person.

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

She would even risk her fragile friendship with Maxie in the process. 

Their friendship will be fine because the only reason they're having Lulu work for Peter is so Maxie can interact with him without making Maxie look like an idiot like she did today (approaching Peter and then yelling at him for talking to her when she was the one to come to him).

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

FV thinks he's cute when he puts all the YR characters in the same room together like today or when he puts all the AMC characters in the same room together.

Give it up already!  FV is the worst at collecting actors from other shows and doing these awful stunts.  No one gives a shit about these people from other shows.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I couldn't understand that she went from honours at Princeton to NYU. Why not Columbia if she's in New York.

NYU is one of the top law schools in the country.  Columbia, Cornell, and NYU are consistently ranked #4-6 in the US News law school rankings, though the order switches around from year to year

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Perkie said:
6 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

She'd be switching mothers but not fathers. Am I right?

Right.  Silas was married to Nina, while having an affair with Ava .  Story at the time was that both Nina and Ava were pregnant at the same time.  

Did Silas and Kiki ever test to see if they were father and daughter? Because Ava showed zero regrets about lying to Kiki and Franco that they were daughter and father. Or keeping the truth from Silas for all of Kiki's life.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Of course Lulu thinks she should not come in second to a Pulitzer Prize winning journalist!!  God forbid she take this "career" set back in stride and look at it as a great opportunity to learn her craft from the best of the best.  I loved it when Lulu said the editor told her she needed experience in doing stories about people she does not know.  What a great put down of Lulu's journalistic "experience" .She is a Spencer and rules do not apply to her. She decided to work for Peter so she did not to do the hard word in order to advance in her career.  She would even risk her fragile friendship with Maxie in the process.  Lulu us a vile person.

And she can't even cover people she knows properly. The last big article she wrote helped get an innocent guy killed. Lulu has always sucked. A lot of people loved JMB in the role. I thought her portrayal was snippy and better than you in an even snarkier way.

Such a great point that girl reporter could be learning from someone so accomplished if she just shut up and realized "Spencer" isn't a skill you can list on your resume. In fact, that's a newbie I wouldn't mind seeing introduced to the canvas. A seasoned and take no crap female reporter who could mentor Lulu and build up the media side of the show since it's my dream we sunset the mob angle. Get back to the hospital and other, actually legal, professions to celebrate. 

I sometimes wonder with all the subtle shade they throw at Lulu and her girl reporter status if the writers think she's as pathetic as the audience does. I hope so. 

• Love 10
47 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Did Silas and Kiki ever test to see if they were father and daughter? Because Ava showed zero regrets about lying to Kiki and Franco that they were daughter and father. Or keeping the truth from Silas for all of Kiki's life.

Yes, it's how they found out the truth.  Kiki and Franco thought he was the father, when the possibility came out that it could be Silas, they were tested and he was.  

• Love 1

Jesus God. Was the Mo/Chad scene supposed to be the big moment where Michael finally "lets his grief out" cuz that was just a buttload of constipated looks and zero tears. 

Lulu: Fuck you, Peter! I work for a real paper! Wait, what? I have to earn a senior position?!?! Um, hey Peter, remember when I told you to fuck off 5 minutes ago, that was awkward, right? Anyhoo, I've decided I will let you use me to get closer to Maxie again! Oh hey Maxie, sorry, I know I just told you no way I would take this job, and I also said I would do ANYTHING to repair our friendship, but, I mean, Drew told me I was, like, not going to get special treatment at the PC Press! So I'm totally sure you understand. Great, thanks.   

Fucking hell. Please tell me they are setting her up for another fall. 

• Love 20
5 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Jesus God. Was the Mo/Chad scene supposed to be the big moment where Michael finally "lets his grief out" cuz that was just a buttload of constipated looks and zero tears. 

Lulu: Fuck you, Peter! I work for a real paper! Wait, what? I have to earn a senior position?!?! Um, hey Peter, remember when I told you to fuck off 5 minutes ago, that was awkward, right? Anyhoo, I've decided I will let you use me to get closer to Maxie again! Oh hey Maxie, sorry, I know I just told you no way I would take this job, and I also said I would do ANYTHING to repair our friendship, but, I mean, Drew told me I was, like, not going to get special treatment at the PC Press! So I'm totally sure you understand. Great, thanks.   

Fucking hell. Please tell me they are setting her up for another fall. 

Please.  And between KiKi going from the unemployment line to almost-a-doctor in 30 days and LuLu becoming the next Woodward and Bernstein in a nano-second (all without benefit of a college degree in Journalism, Literature, History, Political Science, anthing), these storylines are stretching credulity to the breaking point.

• Love 9
14 hours ago, Perkie said:

But Wylie isn't Wylie, he's Jonah, which makes him a blood Spencer.  

I can't keep all this crap straight.  Drew/Jason/memories.  Kevin/Not Kevin.  Anna/Maybe Not Anna.  Nina's Dead Baby/Not Dead Baby/KiKi?/Nell? Newbie?   Wylie/Jonah/Who's Your Mommy.  Were soaps always this convoluted?  And all at once?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, aw86 said:

NYU is one of the top law schools in the country.  Columbia, Cornell, and NYU are consistently ranked #4-6 in the US News law school rankings, though the order switches around from year to year

Didn't Curtis also say she went to Stanford?  Is she the anti-Kristina?

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Was the Mo/Chad scene supposed to be the big moment where Michael finally "lets his grief out" cuz that was just a buttload of constipated looks and zero tears. 

CD, KSt, and KM seem to be in a competition for the top spot in "going through the motions". (Although it's hard to blame KSt since her story since Nathan died has been "talk about how great Peter is/talk about how great Nina is.")

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, ulkis said:

CD, KSt, and KM seem to be in a competition for the top spot in "going through the motions". (Although it's hard to blame KSt since her story since Nathan died has been "talk about how great Peter is/talk about how great Nina is.")

Yeah that is pretty bad,  especially with LW on set hovering around all the time I would guess.

• Love 4

So Joolian is going to pay off the birth mother to re-change her mind.  And Jules will still be the bad guy, unlike Sonny, who meddles in his kids' lives (paying off the people who were going to get the house the Dante and Lulu wanted) and gets a free pass.

• Love 12
7 hours ago, ulkis said:
8 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Because Lulu wants to write hard-hitting articles about things like the Colonel's chicken, not fluff pieces!! And Peter is amazing!! 

Her snide "I don't deal in fake news. Ciao!" was ridiculous. Lulu, Peter played you like a fiddle during the whole Faison thing. You're as lazy a writer as Sonny is a mobster. Both of you expect other people to do the work for you.

4 hours ago, aw86 said:
8 hours ago, statsgirl said:

NYU is one of the top law schools in the country.

Margaux went to NYU for undergrad; she went to Stanford for law school (where she graduated with honors, per Curtis).

• Love 2