Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I didn't hate today.  Then again, I'm a sucker for a party, even if there are only five guests.  Carly's plan was dumb…and water is wet.  Jason had to know Sonny would have sent him a text, not a Carly with a Haunted Star message.

I hope Valentin and Nathan aren't Cassadines.  Nathan can be a Reeves and Valentin can be…anyone other than he.  And if he can kill Nina when the truth comes out, that'll be a bit of alright.

Lulu is a terrible reporter, she does know that doing the story AFTER Sam nixed it could get her fired, right?  Peter Rabbit may be her boss, but his boss already told him to fuck off.

• Love 6
On 12/29/2017 at 10:52 PM, dubbel zout said:

Same here, but KM played it like Sam knew exactly what Jason was doing, so I wasn't too mad about it.

I wouldn't have minded either way. I like that he was being a bit proactive/underhanded

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6

I want Sam to kiss Jason  (did anyone not see that coming? ) and then tell him it's all over for realz, and then for Jason to go to Carly and tell her that the first time Sam said she was choosing Drew hurt but this one was the knife in his soul. But it will never happen and even if it did, Carly would still be convinced that she had done the right thing.

Speaking of St. Jasus, of course he never gets drunk. He's perfect.  I want Drew to not be able to get drunk too because it's got to be genetic and they're identical twins.

• Love 16

Has Burton brought anything back to this show, other than kissing his character’s ass, even bringing Robin in from the opposite coast for the sole purpose of kissing the Borg’s ass?

His return is a complete bust, so much so it hasn’t even reignited the infamous shipper wars with the Spam and Lizzard fans.

• Love 9

does anyone know who played leslie webbers  significant other at the wedding...the characters name was Marcello....he seemed familiar but older I see his younger face in my mind but can't place him

4 minutes ago, katie9918 said:

Has Burton brought anything back to this show, other than kissing his character’s ass, even bringing Robin in from the opposite coast for the sole purpose of kissing the Borg’s ass?

His return is a complete bust, so much so it hasn’t even reignited the infamous shipper wars with the Spam and Lizzard fans.

Liz is no longer the factor though.  Drew is and that's where the fighting is. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

Ah, so that's why Drew was taking a ride from Kim. The funniest thing is Carly's constant insistence to Drew how she's still his friend. Sure you are Carly - as long as he disappears and lets Sam be with Jason as it should be, in her opinion. 

There are many, many, many times when I want to throttle Carly senseless, but the last couple of episodes I wanted to reach into the screen and throat punch her several times. For someone who loves to talk about how she owns her shit and pretends to know how selfish she is, it would be nice if Carly just admitted that now that she has Jason back she doesn't need another friend and doesn't care about Drew. I almost thought she was about to do that when she told Sonny about her stupid plan and he asked her 'what about Drew?' (and how morally repugnant must you be when Sonny Corinthos is the more compassionate one in your relationship) and she said she didn't care. But, of course, she just had the audacity to claim that she's doing Drew a favor and declares Sam and Drew can't possibly be happy together (even though she witnessed them being happy minutes before that.) When she was talking to Jason in Thursday's ep and claimed she went up to the Aurora office to see if Drew would thank Jason for letting them keep Aurora, the contempt in her voice when she asked if it would kill Drew to say thank you. Which was so stupid anyway since why would Drew thank Jason to Carly?

9 hours ago, ulkis said:

Come on Sam! It's "no service NO SERVICE" not, "sigh, no service."

Even though she didn't say the full line, I started to laugh as soon as Sam said "no service." The memory of that line - and line reading - will never not be hilarious.

7 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

*The show REFUSES to give me a Sam line where she says she was engaged to Patrick while Robin was held captive and trying to save "Jason." I need Jason's reaction, pls.

Are you expecting that he would have a reaction other than *blink* *blink* *stare* and perhaps even stretch himself and throw in a *shrug*? Jason's voice could barely raise an octave when he found out Carly almost married Franco, so I'm not sure why finding out Sam was engaged to Patrick would elicit a big reaction.

6 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I can forgive Valentin a lot because he taught Charlotte manners and that you need to write thank you notes after receiving a present unlike Dante and Lulu, the latter of which really should have known better.

That Valentin sure is the father of the year. He probably had a little leg up on Lulu and Dante in teaching Charlotte things given that he kept Lulu from knowing she even had a daughter. But with Valentin's guidance, I'm sure Charlotte will grow up being completely polite when she's not murdering people.

In 2014, Sam had a monologue about how at the end of the day, Jason always put her first. Legit. Real dialogue. But this has always been the problem with her character and honestly, soaps in general. The consistency is crap. Characters say one thing one day, change it up the next.

You're definitely right that consistency is nowhere close to this show's forte but Sam's monologue doesn't mean much to me when not only is it not backed up by what we see on-screen but that there has been plenty of legit dialogue that shows that Sonny's family and Sonny's business always come first with Jason. Hell, it's one of the reason he lost those five years in the first place. It's been stated that one of the reasons that people should have known Drew wasn't Jason was that he distanced himself from Sonny and that Sonny's families needs were not his main concern. Jason has confirmed this by acting like it was some huge crime that Drew bought Aurora and stepped away from Sonny's business. Jason categorically said he would never do that. Sam has also stated - in legit dialogue - after Drew bought Aurora how much she never realized how much she had wanted this - a happy and safe life for her kids.

And I get that Sam isn't a hitman, but the girl was a con/criminal and was side-by-side with Jason in her little leather jacket whenever she was needed. Sam being this goody-goody Suzy Homemaker type was never who she was until Frank arrived.

I don't think she's been portrayed as a goody-goody homemaker under FV. A running joke on this board is how Sam is barely seen with her kids. And, up until - I'm not sure when - Sam was still a PI. But, unlike a lot of characters, I think Sam has actually grown and matured. While that is somewhat boring at times, it is realistic. Her evolving and not wanting to put her kids constantly in danger is not exactly the worst thing in the world.

Thank you.  I knew AJ wasn't the innocent victim that his fans now claim.  Didn't he also shoot Alan or something?  And weren't Kristina and maybe Morgan kidnaped and traumatized as well.  AJ didn't deserve to be murdered, but he was a troubled man.

I don't think most of AJ's fans have claimed he was some complete innocent. Though I will point out that a lot of things that are being pointed to - the warehouse fire, the kidnapping, shooting Alan - were all in reaction to the crap that Sonny, Carly, and Jason pulled on AJ - and were the writers blatant attempt to portray AJ as a horrible villain, especially in comparison to angelic mobsters Sonny and Jason. If Carly had not been a huge disgusting liar and just been honest about Michael's paternity a lot of this stuff would have never happened.

Edited by FilmTVGeek80
  • Love 9
42 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

You're definitely right that consistency is nowhere close to this show's forte but Sam's monologue doesn't mean much to me when not only is it not backed up by what we see on-screen but that there has been plenty of legit dialogue that shows that Sonny's family and Sonny's business always come first with Jason. It's been stated that one of the reasons that people should have known Drew wasn't Jason was that he distanced himself from Sonny and that Sonny's families needs were not his main concern. Jason has confirmed this by acting like it was some huge crime that Drew bought Aurora and stepped away from Sonny's business. Jason categorically said he would never do that. Sam has also stated - in legit dialogue - after Drew bought Aurora how much she never realized how much she had wanted this - a happy and safe life for her kids.

Sam also told Drew that she would support whatever he did, just as she always told Jason. All that's being proved is that Sam is not consistent, which was my point.  Sam isn't OK with the danger until she is. Sam isn't OK with Sonny and Carly until she is. And vice versa. Sam made a mobster and his wife the godparents to her newborn. A few months later she wants nothing to do with them and she's over being third banana. A few episodes ago she told Carly she loves her and is running to her for advice. Like, it's hard to keep up with Sam.

Are you expecting that he would have a reaction other than *blink* *blink* *stare* and perhaps even through in a *shrug*

Jason hasn't just been blinking and staring. I think SBu is doing a good job. To each their own.

I think Sam has actually grown and matured. While that is somewhat boring at times, it is realistic. Her evolving and not wanting to put her kids constantly in danger is not exactly the worst thing in the world.

The day Sam evolves/matures/grows to me is the day she acknowledges that what Jason does is wrong and that SHE probs shouldn't have yelled and screamed and ranted at others for preaching safety. 

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

and that SHE probs shouldn't have yelled and screamed and ranted at others for preaching safety. 

But that's what characters do.  This town is full of hypocrites.  I happened to catch an old clip on youtube, right after Michael had been shot in the head and was at GH (before he went to the institute that Jax found!).  Jake is a baby.  Liz comes in to check on Michael.  Carly goes on an apology tour, how she screamed at Liz for keeping baby Jake away from Jason and the violence and she didn't realize the truth of that until she now sits at Michael's side.  Blah blah blah.  She apologized for ranting at other for preaching safety, yet today, she's back with the mobster who caused it in the first place, having lost her second son to the same mob violence and preaching that Sam should be taking Jason back as well.  It's what characters do when the writing doesnt' know what to do with them.  

6 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

I think Sam has actually grown and matured.

I agree.  I'm not or never have been a fan of Sam's, but for more than a year now, for sure since Scout's birth, she has been preaching safety and family first.  They discussed moving to a smaller town, but changed their minds because of Alexis and the coven.  If SBu had not returned, we would continue to see that growth and maturity, but now that Steve's back, it's just a matter of time before the maturity and growth get replaced with another dose of hypocrisy.  

7 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

and she said she didn't care

This.  She's a woman who lost her son because someone tampered with the car he was driving, yet she has no problems tampering with someone else's car and potentially putting their life in danger, all so Jason and Sam can have a moment because it's what she wants, to hell with everyone else's feelings.  

• Love 12
8 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I want Drew to not be able to get drunk too because it's got to be genetic and they're identical twins.

That, and the fact that as a Navy Seal, he probably would have the conditioning to be able to control things like that.  

9 hours ago, OnceSane said:

Peter Rabbit may be her boss, but his boss already told him to fuck off.

I had to laugh when Peter said, "other outlets are running with the story".  What outlets?  Who cares about mixed identities of two dummies in a small town in upstate New York.  NBC?  ABC?  Seriously?  

• Love 6
9 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Shouldn't Lulu be working on series of followup articles about the mayor's resignation and what her corruption means for the city?

The show itself tossed that story under the carpet faster than anything I've ever seen, so why would they have Lulu write a follow up on a story that they didn't even play all the beats to in the first place.  I mean, Lomax was apparently arrested, arraigned and convicted off screen in one episode.  There's no follow up to that.  

9 hours ago, ciarra said:

People can get to Monaco and back in the time that it took Kim to drive to the Haunted Star.  They only have one street in Port Charles, and it leads to the "road in the middle of nowhere" where everyone crashes/gets blown up. 

Let's just be glad they didn't go with the obvious, car accident where:

1-Drew hits his head on the dash and instantly gets all of his memories back and immediately wants Kim back in his life, even though she was only a 3 month fling, 15 years ago

or

2-They are forced to walk through the woods, getting soaking wet, and finding a lone cabin, that has electricity and all the amenities and they are forced to remove thier clothing and hold each other in front of the working fireplace 

• Love 9

But with Valentin's guidance, I'm sure Charlotte will grow up being completely polite when she's not murdering people.

If you're going to commit a crime, you should do it with style, IMO.

Jason has confirmed this by acting like it was some huge crime that Drew bought Aurora and stepped away from Sonny's business.

I haven't see this at all. Jason hasn't had any ill will toward Drew (yet).

7 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

The day Sam evolves/matures/grows to me is the day she acknowledges that what Jason does is wrong and that SHE probs shouldn't have yelled and screamed and ranted at others for preaching safety. 

Never going to happen. A basic tenet of this fakakta show is that Sonny and Jason are "good" mobsters. The most people are allowed to say against that life (people that we're clearly not intended to find vindictive, unreliable, or OMG TEH EVUL) is that it's not for them. That's pretty much what Sam has said.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Perkie said:

But that's what characters do.  This town is full of hypocrites.  I happened to catch an old clip on youtube, right after Michael had been shot in the head and was at GH (before he went to the institute that Jax found!).  Jake is a baby.  Liz comes in to check on Michael.  Carly goes on an apology tour, how she screamed at Liz for keeping baby Jake away from Jason and the violence and she didn't realize the truth of that until she now sits at Michael's side.  Blah blah blah.  She apologized for ranting at other for preaching safety, yet today, she's back with the mobster who caused it in the first place, having lost her second son to the same mob violence and preaching that Sam should be taking Jason back as well.  It's what characters do when the writing doesnt' know what to do with them.  

I agree.  I'm not or never have been a fan of Sam's, but for more than a year now, for sure since Scout's birth, she has been preaching safety and family first.  They discussed moving to a smaller town, but changed their minds because of Alexis and the coven.  If SBu had not returned, we would continue to see that growth and maturity, but now that Steve's back, it's just a matter of time before the maturity and growth get replaced with another dose of hypocrisy.  

This.  She's a woman who lost her son because someone tampered with the car he was driving, yet she has no problems tampering with someone else's car and potentially putting their life in danger, all so Jason and Sam can have a moment because it's what she wants, to hell with everyone else's feelings.  

People are hypocritical, all the time, so the hypocrisy doesn't bother me, so much as no one calling them out on the hypocrisy.

Also, not to stick up for Carly, but someone didn't just tamper with Julian's car before Morgan stole it. They planted a bomb in it. That's way different that taking out the coil wire or doing something so that a car won't start.

I hate the whole set up thing, though. If the show wants Jason and Sam to be together -- the writing should earn it.40-something year old Carly pulling crap isn't earning it, writers.

On 12/29/2017 at 9:04 AM, dubbel zout said:

Jason and Drew were born in Port Charles, which is upstate New York, and then Drew was dumped off at a foundling hospital outside of PC. Drew and everyone not crossing paths makes some sense, as Jason was educated at boarding schools, and Drew likely went to the local public schools.

In context, I was talking about when Drew and Jason were little and the idea that Mary Mae might have raised him. I can't remember the exact nature of Mary Mae's charity at the Ward House, but if Jason and Drew were toddlers, and Drew ended up there, specifically -- not just somewhere in upstate NY (after the foundling hospital), I would think at some point that one of the Quartermaines (including Justus Ward) would have seen that one of Mary Mae's charges was the spitting image of Jason. For that matter, if Drew grew up with Mary Mae, I think at some point, he would have gone to GH to see a doctor and someone would have realized he looked just like Alan's son. That said, I don't remember how old Jason would have been during the time Mary Mae was on, so I could be totally off.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:
9 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Jason has confirmed this by acting like it was some huge crime that Drew bought Aurora and stepped away from Sonny's business.

I haven't see this at all. Jason hasn't had any ill will toward Drew (yet).

It's one of the very first things Jason said to Sonny when they reunited at the safe house.  "How could anyone think  he was me.  I would never do that, I would never leave you and the business and buy a media company".   It's not ill will,  but it does confirm that what Drew did (buying the company) was a big no no because the most important person in Jason's life is Sonny.  Not Sam.  

30 minutes ago, General Days said:

That's way different that taking out the coil wire or doing something so that a car won't start.

Granted.  But it's still tampering with a car/with someone's safety.  What if the car had started but only gotten so far and Drew would have been in an accident that hurt him or someone else.  It just makes Carly look terrible that her son died in a car accident and here she is messing with someone's car, for her own gain essentially.    

• Love 9
14 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

On top of being an insufferable busybody (it's not her business where Valentin is since it has nothing to do with Charlotte) and a ~reporter who is already tired of her big election story, Lulu stocks cheap-ass tequila on the Haunted Star.  Jose Cuervo?  Really?

Mr TVEye was home for the whole show and aside from making fun of Sonny and his hat, he kept yelling at the telly, "Jose Cuervo? I thought this was a soap opera, why are they drinking Jose Cuervo?!?!?" It made him angrier than I get when I watch this show! 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Perkie said:

But that's what characters do.  This town is full of hypocrites. 

Carly is called out by some of the audience for her hypocrisy. Liz is called out. Alexis is called out. Sonny is called out. I rarely see the "it's what characters do" being the response for them. I criticize a bunch of characters and Sam isn't going to be special to not be included in that, lol.

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Never going to happen. A basic tenet of this fakakta show is that Sonny and Jason are "good" mobsters. The most people are allowed to say against that life (people that we're clearly not intended to find vindictive, unreliable, or OMG TEH EVUL) is that it's not for them. That's pretty much what Sam has said.

Of course it won't happen. But not because of those reasons. Because Sam's POV will change. Again. Sonny and Carly will her besties and Jason will still be around her and her kids, even though he brings DANGER! So....yeah...she's grown, though!

13 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

They're making me angry because they remind me of how much better KeMo's hair looked.  I used to take her picture to my hairstylist.  It was absolutely gorgeous, even in today's scene where it was dripping wet.

Yasss! I mean I hate Sam. Part of me will always hate Sam and I think Kemo has the appeal of a wet mop but girl had pretty hair.  Becky also had gorgeous hair which I coveted and her hair looks absolutely terrible lately. Did they get a new stylist or something?  Yes very shallow but what else is there to pay attention to? 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Perkie said:

They are forced to walk through the woods, getting soaking wet, and finding a lone cabin, that has electricity and all the amenities and they are forced to remove thier clothing and hold each other in front of the working fireplace 

Only if they also share a bath where they have all the sexual chemistry of a dumpster fire.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, General Days said:

I hate the whole set up thing, though. If the show wants Jason and Sam to be together -- the writing should earn it.40-something year old Carly pulling crap isn't earning it, writers.

But they are soulmates!  Forever and ever.  Sam didn't know she was getting laid by his own brother!  SOUL MATES.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2

I personally never had a problem with Sam suddenly tiring of The Life when Danny came along. It made sense to me. Sam talked a lot of cocky shit about loving being a mob chick til it was her turn to have Jason's baby (and he couldn't be bothered to man up because of Franco). It's different when it's you. And when Jason died in his line of work that was her tipping point. I got it. I thought it evolved the character - Sam going into her 40s with a small child and still wanting to actively run and gun would be what Jason is to me, pathetic. I felt her flirtation with McBain, while many people hated it and I get that, would've continued that evolution: She still had action/adventure-based storylines but was becoming involved with an officer of the law.

My problem is I never felt the writing fully serviced this character change. I am a few weeks behind but it sounds like Jason and Sam still haven't seriously dug into it. The scripts talk about it a bit more now than they used to, but it's still not enough for me - and they almost never really discussed it when she first began making very different choices in men, like Silas and Patrick post-Jason. I could buy her with Patrick because of their rapport and friendship that evolved once they'd both had children and lost their partners. What I couldn't buy was that neither ever had a serious, honest discussion about Jason and his bullshit.

That being said: Sam will always go back to Jason, and Jason will always put the mob (and Sonny) first. Not his wife, not his children, no one. It's about his fractured conception of himself and his identity. He refuses to change because he does not know what that would look like at his age.

• Love 15
12 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Sam also told Drew that she would support whatever he did, just as she always told Jason. All that's being proved is that Sam is not consistent, which was my point.  Sam isn't OK with the danger until she is. Sam isn't OK with Sonny and Carly until she is. And vice versa. Sam made a mobster and his wife the godparents to her newborn. A few months later she wants nothing to do with them and she's over being third banana. A few episodes ago she told Carly she loves her and is running to her for advice. Like, it's hard to keep up with Sam.

Again, I already agreed with the lack of consistency. But it's certainly not just with Sam. Though, I have to ask where are you getting that Sam wanted nothing to do with Carly or Sonny? Granted, I think that would be awesome, but I never saw that. Yeah, she tried to kill Sonny but that was unfortunately just because of some disease. Then she spent way too much time bending over backward to apologize for trying to kill him. And when Drew bought Aurora they specifically had a scene where Drew and Sam assured Sonny and Carly that just because they were distancing themselves from the business didn't mean they wouldn't be friends anymore.

Jason hasn't just been blinking and staring. I think SBu is doing a good job. To each their own.

I think SBu's been okay since his return - though IMO he's slowly devolving into the lazy acting again. Jason's shown more emotion, but my point stands that most of the big news he's received since he came back has been met with far too underwhelming reactions. So, yeah, if something huge like Carly almost marrying Franco barely gets a rise out of him, I don't think to find out Sam was engaged to Patrick will get a bigger reaction. 

So the only way Sam can show maturity is doing one specific thing? Nothing else counts? Look, I'd love for her to do that but, as already pointed out, characters in that sphere will never say that - especially when it comes to Jason. Michael, for a brief few shining months, said that stuff about Sonny and now he's back to not caring. As Perkie pointed out, Carly has said that stuff and, again, is back to the bootlicking. No one in that sphere is consistent with that stuff.

3 hours ago, Perkie said:

It's one of the very first things Jason said to Sonny when they reunited at the safe house.  "How could anyone think  he was me.  I would never do that, I would never leave you and the business and buy a media company".   It's not ill will,  but it does confirm that what Drew did (buying the company) was a big no no because the most important person in Jason's life is Sonny.  Not Sam.  

Thank you! This was what I meant.

2 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Carly is called out by some of the audience for her hypocrisy. Liz is called out. Alexis is called out. Sonny is called out. I rarely see the "it's what characters do" being the response for them. I criticize a bunch of characters and Sam isn't going to be special to not be included in that, lol

And those characters fans defend them. Sam fans will defend her. 

2 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Of course it won't happen. But not because of those reasons. Because Sam's POV will change. Again. Sonny and Carly will her besties and Jason will still be around her and her kids, even though he brings DANGER! So....yeah...she's grown, though!

Yes, it partially will be for those reasons. The show will never allow most of the "good" main characters to have a real reaction to the mob. I'm not sure why it seems you want to make it out like Sam is the only character inconsistent in this way. And, you can make fun of Sam's grown stuff, but I think she has. For me, it really has nothing to do with her reaction to the mob life. As much as I hate it, I know Sam is never really going to have any moral objections to it or think of Jason as bad for it. I said she evolved not that she was perfect. But she has grown in other ways. I'll use Carly as an example of someone who I don't think has evolved very much. She's still the same judgemental, plan having, think she's right about everything, hypocritical shrew she's always been. Some of the worst things Carly's done, I can still see her doing today. I think that's why a lot of people could buy her having switched Avery's paternity.  I can't see Sam standing by and watching a kid get kidnapped or sleeping with her mother's husband or being okay with someone she hates being threatened with death for spilling a drink on her. I think it's far better for a character Sam's age with kids to want to distance herself as much as possible from the mob life. It's better than being like Carly about it.

I do think Sam has become far too mellow and passive in some respects - especially her reaction to Nina when she was with Silas or her getting over Liz's lies far too quickly after the Drew is Jason reveal. I'm sure her reaction when she sees Carly again after she set this NYE plot in motion will not be what I want. But I still like Sam's character far better now than other periods of time on the show. And her evolution pre-dates FV coming on board. I think it started since before she and Jason got together the second time. 

As for the whole, she'll be treating Sonny and Carly as her besties thing that's really never been the case until recently. Ever since she and Sonny broke up, their interactions on screen have been very limited. And her and Carly were sort of frienemies who tried to get along mostly because their partners are BFFs. Both times Sam recently said she loved Sonny and Carly, I know I wasn't the only audience member to say WTF because this not supported by anything we've seen on the show.

Edited by FilmTVGeek80
  • Love 4

I can fanwank that Sam had a screwed up life before and that's why she was okay with the mob lifestyle,  it was the first real security she's known when she was with Jason so she was okay with whatever he wanted. (Btw this does not apply to Carly who was previously married to Tony and AJ. ) But since Jason wanted to dump her baby because he thought Franco was the father and then picked Sonny over her and Danny, she's had a chance for some financial security, some real support from the Coven, and the responsibility of being a single parent with a child who has a life-threatening illness. The surprise would be if she hadn't changed her way of thinking.

Eta: But she'll probably stay a weathervane,  going whichever way the wind blows.

6 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

If you're going to commit a crime, you should do it with style, IMO.

Helena Cassadine had done worse things than Carly has but I'd still much rather watch Helena because she does them with such class.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 6

I won't deny the Jason return has charged a number of storylines. It's delivered for the show in numbers as I expected it would. The problem is that in the end it's all going to go back to what drove me away from the show for years - Jason, Sonny and the mob doing the same dance at age 50. I have no interest in watching these middle-aged men do that. And the other stories are mostly crap.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

That Valentin sure is the father of the year. He probably had a little leg up on Lulu and Dante in teaching Charlotte things given that he kept Lulu from knowing she even had a daughter. But with Valentin's guidance, I'm sure Charlotte will grow up being completely polite when she's not murdering people.

By the way, does anyone besides Dante and Lulu (and Laura, I'm sure) know that Valentin bribed Ava into recanting her statement and that action was what he used to manipulate and coerce Lulu into "shared" custody? Why can't he be charged with intimidating a witness in a civil suit?

What happened to the civil suit now that Kevin/Laura shipped Spencer back to boarding school for his safety? Is it still going on, or is that another plot point that died?

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Hater said:

RC doesn't want a contract, but the only reason Wes has a job is because of his girlfriend.  Typical FV. 

Did you see how Laura Wright was eating him up with her eyes during their scene together at New Year's? Ugh. I think she must be a cougar.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

or is that another plot point that died?

Dead.

1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

Why can't he be charged with intimidating a witness in a civil suit?

HIs word against Ava's.  

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Helena Cassadine had done worse things than Carly has but I'd still much rather watch Helena because she does them with such class.

Helena also did it without remorse and owned that shit.  Carly's all, "i took Michael away from AJ because the Qs were mean".  Helena's all," Yes Nikolas, i tried to kill you my beloved grandson because you were misbehaving and pissing me off.  Now put on your big boy pants, stop whining and get me a pot of tea".  

Edited by Perkie
  • Love 6
55 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Did you see how Laura Wright was eating him up with her eyes during their scene together at New Year's? Ugh. I think she must be a cougar.

I noticed.  And I'll say this as well, there's a lot of talk on social media about Billy & Kelly's apparent 'unprofessionalism' because of their 'pushing of themselves and their pairing' due to their APPARENT offscreen relationship, yet there is little talk about Laura essentially getting her man a job when he 1) adds nothing to the show 2) is a pretty awful actor.  Meanwhile Dillion was spared for what reason exactly?  The show is building the Qs with the additions of Oscar and Drew, yet Dillon has no place on the show?  And LW's boyfriend does?

• Love 14
On 12/30/2017 at 2:23 PM, jsbt said:

I felt her flirtation with McBain, while many people hated it and I get that, would've continued that evolution: She still had action/adventure-based storylines but was becoming involved with an officer of the law.

My problem is I never felt the writing fully serviced this character change. I

That's because the character change wasn't about Sam, it was about ME's characters - both Silas and McBain.  It should have been, but I think FV/RC lost interest when they lost McBain and Silas proved to be a dud. Patrick never felt like more than a placeholder specifically because the two of them never dug into the Jason bullshit, or had any real substantive conversations about anything - and, as much as I like Drew, they skipped those steps there too. I think the writers are doing better now, but Sam/Jason need to have it out about the fact that she spent their first night with their son searching the harbor for her husband's body because he left to run an errand for Sonny

On 12/30/2017 at 4:45 PM, Hater said:

The show is building the Qs with the additions of Oscar and Drew, yet Dillon has no place on the show?  And LW's boyfriend does?

I'm not sorry to see the actor go, but at least Dillon is alive. If FV is ever replaced maybe Dillon can be recast. The Qs need non-Jason related members

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 3

I see talk about WR. It seems spectacularly stupid of FV. Perhaps I'm being overly cynical, but I don't see that relationship working out or breaking up amicably.

There are rumors that Dillon might still be recast. Makes sense but what the hell is keeping them from doing that then. It's all odd.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, General Days said:

In context, I was talking about when Drew and Jason were little and the idea that Mary Mae might have raised him.

Ah. Yes, then it would be weird no one knew Drew existed.

5 hours ago, Perkie said:

Again with me and my reading comprehension skills. I read it as Jason having ill will toward Drew, which he doesn't, rather than the people who thought Drew was Jason, which he maybe sorta kinda does. (Understandable, but only to a certain degree, IMO. It wouldn't be unreasonable to think a Jason being held on Cassadine Island and subject to Helena's experiments who then returns to PC only to be mowed down by Ava and put into a coma might be a wee different after all that.)

2 hours ago, jsbt said:

My problem is I never felt the writing fully serviced this character change.

Ugh, it never does. These people have no idea they're writing a soap.

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

but Sam/Jason need to have it out about the fact that she spent their first night with their son searching the harbor for her husband's body because he left to run an errand for Sonny

They did.  One of the many, run into each other on the docks, moments, when Jason was all 'I lost five years and still think that it's five years ago' wet eyes,  she very clearly told him that she lost out that night too.  That she jumped in to look for him and all she found was the phoenix.  She said it nearly broke her to have to live without him.  

I'm not sure if she came right out and blamed his job/Sonny, though I'm sure she didn't since being a mobster's lacky is the be all and end all of professional goals.  

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Hater said:

But they are soulmates!  Forever and ever.  Sam didn't know she was getting laid by his own brother!  SOUL MATES.

Bwhahahah.  SamTrick would be married with Scout as their baby if not for Carly's meddling ass.

• Love 2

Meh.  GH is mob central and that will not change, IMO.  It really does not matter in the long run whether or not Sam is done with the mob moll nonsense, because the second BM leaves the show, let's see how long it takes for KeMo to start pimping the hell out of JaSam3.0/SBu!

10 minutes ago, Darklazr said:

Meh.  GH is mob central and that will not change, IMO.  It really does not matter in the long run whether or not Sam is done with the mob moll nonsense, because the second BM leaves the show, let's see how long it takes for KeMo to start pimping the hell out of JaSam3.0/SBu!

She wouldn't need to.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, LexieLily said:

By the way, does anyone besides Dante and Lulu (and Laura, I'm sure) know that Valentin bribed Ava into recanting her statement and that action was what he used to manipulate and coerce Lulu into "shared" custody? Why can't he be charged with intimidating a witness in a civil suit?

What happened to the civil suit now that Kevin/Laura shipped Spencer back to boarding school for his safety? Is it still going on, or is that another plot point that died?

yes they found out I remember lauara telling  ava off  and someone saying spencer would be devastated about the lawsuit not going forward and saying how spencer would be crushed or something

23 hours ago, LillyB said:

Of all the soap supercouples, I feel that Jason/Sam have to be the blandest.  I can't buy  them as being a love that lasts forever.

I don't even consider them a supercouple. Supercouples died in the 90's. Soaps just don't have the writing or fanfare anymore to warrant it.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

That's because the character change wasn't about Sam, it was about ME's characters - both Silas and McBain.

It was absolutely about them. But I also think it worked for Sam in-story. Granted I'd despised Jason for what felt like centuries (and had despised McBain until then). 

Patrick never felt like more than a placeholder specifically because the two of them never dug into the Jason bullshit, or had any real substantive conversations about anything

I think they had the somewhat organic linkage based on Robin, Jason and their kids, and fell into a friendship I easily understood becoming romance. But I always felt they never talked enough about themselves. It was good natural chemistry between actors that had no mooring in character beyond those few threads; it was just used for plot and that's why it felt so artificial.

I think they're doing better now but Sam/Jason need to have it out about the fact that she spent their first night with their son searching the harbor for her husband's body because he left to run an errand for Sonny

They should, but it'll never happen.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 3

This show. 

I watched it for about fifteen minutes while off work on Friday.  In that fifteen minutes Lulu (I think it was Lulu, I no longer remember the actress that played her or know if she is still married to Dante) chided Dante for the time he spent working (I assume he's still a cop) to take down Caesar Faison after giving Sonny a tongue bath on all his family man virtues and how he prioritizes his family over his criminal activities.

There is a reason I'm a lapsed viewer.  That might not have been the main reason I stopped watching,  but it was in the top three. And original recipe Jason is back. And Carly is still Carly.

I think I'll stay a lapsed viewer.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

I think they're doing better now but Sam/Jason need to have it out about the fact that she spent their first night with their son searching the harbor for her husband's body because he left to run an errand for Sonny

6 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I can fanwank that Sam had a screwed up life before and that's why she was okay with the mob lifestyle,  it was the first real security she's known when she was with Jason so she was okay with whatever he wanted. (Btw this does not apply to Carly who was previously married to Tony and AJ. ) But since Jason wanted to dump her baby because he thought Franco was the father and then picked Sonny over her and Danny, she's had a chance for some financial security, some real support from the Coven, and the responsibility of being a single parent with a child who has a life-threatening illness. The surprise would be if she hadn't changed her way of thinking.

Sam needs to confront Jason about all of these issues.  Drew would never treat Sam the way Jason has treated her.  He will always put her and their children first.  The fact is Jason is a brain damaged hitman and is not able to be a decent husband and father.  His loyalty to Sonny and the mob will always come first.  Sonny took a confused young man with a severe brain injury and memory loss and manipulated him into becoming his perfect mob soldier.  Sam will alway love Jason. however, she is in love with Drew.  Drew offers her so much more than Jason is capable giving her.  I am looking forward to Sam asking Jason "How could you have left Danny and me on his very first night home!!! All because of Sonny's business.  I never got to just sit back and enjoy being a new mom, I was out searching for your body and then mourning you!!! For what ... Sonny's business!!!  I am in love with Drew because he has his priorities straight and would NEVER pull that Sonny comes first before my wife and kids bullshit!!!!!  That is why I am in love with Drew and I can never be with you!

• Love 16

In that fifteen minutes Lulu (I think it was Lulu, I no longer remember the actress that played her or know if she is still married to Dante) chided Dante for the time he spent working (I assume he's still a cop) to take down Caesar Faison after giving Sonny a tongue bath on all his family man virtues and how he prioritizes his family over his criminal activities.

In her defense, that was Lulu’s clumsy way to try to determine if Sonny has any leads on Faison—she was buttering him up and trying to lead him in that direction.

• Love 2

The show (shocking, I know) made it clear that Faison was targeting Jason, that he wasn't shot just because he got in Faison's way on the docks. I mean, I guess that doesn't negate Jason going to the docks in the first place but the show made it clear it wasn't mob stuff that got Jason shot.

Edited by ulkis

I haven’t watched the show regularly in years but as a Sam fan, I keep tabs on the character by reading here and watching clips. Has she really been gang ho about the mob since she had Danny? One of the reasons she was all in with Patrick was because of the safe life they provided . She wasn’t running to Drew/Jason when he returned despite all the talk of it being a done deal. I think she did okay being loyal to Patrick and having Danny know Drew. She couldn’t bar him from Danny lest she be called a hypocrite. After all, she had gotten back with Jason before he took the dive. Had Patrick not broken up with her because JT was leaving, I am not so sure Sam would have ended up with Drew. 

I’m getting the same vibe with SBu/Jason’s return. Sam is happy and content in the life she’s built and want to stay there. Sam of old, the Sam of SOS and pre Danny, would have dropped whomever she was with like a hot coal and made a beeline for Jason. Jason was her be all, end all. I HATED it! It is one of the things that drove me away from the show. 

Something changed when she got pregnant with Danny. Jason’s refusal to accept the baby was good enough reason for her to willingly let him go.  She actually made clear she was picking her child over him. It is a mighty fear given kind of fixation she had on Jason. It is shocking that they’ve allowed her to come this far.  Sam consciously choosing a life with another man, over a pinning Jason would have been unthinkable a few years ago.

But then she became a mother.  The fact that the issue is up for discussion shows how much she’s evolved as a character.  So credit where credit is due

• Love 6
48 minutes ago, ulkis said:

The show (shocking, I know) made it clear that Faison was targeting Jason, that he wasn't shot just because he got in Faison's way on the docks. I mean, I guess that doesn't negate Jason going to the docks in the first place but the show made it clear it wasn't mob stuff that got Jason shot.

Furthermore, if it hadn't happened there, it would have happened somewhere else, on another day. Faison wouldn't have said, "Merde! He didn't show!" and gone back whence he came. So I never really bought into the "Serves him right for leaving Sam and Danny!" argument.  

I haven't been around much because I thought the entire abbreviated final week's shows of 2017 sucked. Note to writers: Avoid having Kelly Monaco repeatedly say the word "autopilot." It draws one's mind to a quality of her performances it's better not to highlight.  

I definitely think Friday's show was a signpost for 2018. No matter what Sam ultimately tells Jason, they still ended the year with Sam/Jason and Drew/Tamara Braun. Here are your endgame couples.   

The woman who's playing Cassandra, Jessica Tuck, seems miscast to me.  Too much vulnerability. She's obviously a good actress, but a murderous drug-dealing villainness is the last place I'd have put her. Now I'm wondering how these scenes would have played if Tuck and Tamara Braun had swapped roles, because I'd definitely buy Braun as a criminal hardass, and Tuck as the single-mom OB/GYN carrying a torch for a man who gave her a CD in 2003. I guess Tuck's age difference with Miller would have made that less than ideal, though.

I like Finn and Anna together, without getting at all excited over it.  They're...fine.  

There was so much of Laura Wright's much-discussed obnoxious fake laugh in those Metrocourt scenes that it almost seemed like trolling.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 7
35 minutes ago, ulkis said:

But why did he target Jason? Because of who Jason was and what he could do. There was also that nonsense RC hinted at at the time about how Faison wanted to take over the Port Charles underworld, but that's another story.

11 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

I definitely think Friday's show was a signpost for 2018. No matter what Sam ultimately tells Jason, they still ended the year with Sam/Jason and Drew/Tamara Braun. Here are your endgame couples.   

Never been a doubt in my mind. I don't know why fans grasp at straws. I hate Jason but c'mon. Personally I'd be fine with Sam staying with Drew, but it'll never happen. I wish Sam would make the best choice for herself and her child, but there is just no way this show will ever let Jason lose. And the couple's fanbase is too large. Her opting for Drew was always a red herring - even though Kelly is selling it.

I feel like they just cast Jessica Tuck because she's a great actress and they could get her, not because her role or this story make any sense. It's beneath her.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

And those characters fans defend them. Sam fans will defend her. 

And they can defend her? IDC, lol. But it's hard to actually have a discussion about a character if we're going to ignore their faults and their questionable dialogue and say "every character does X and Y." So then there's nothing to say, really? Every character should get that same benefit, I guess. 

Anyway, I don't think Sam has grown or matured. That's MO. I think she's the victim of continuous plot points because no one knows how to write the character anymore. She goes back and forth based on what story they want to tell.

Speaking of the horrific union of Samtrick*, she wanted the "safe" life until she started doing her dangerous investigations with Jake Doe. Then she hopped on Jake Doe's ass as soon as she found out he was "Jason." And she had absolutely no issues with how "Jason" "mistreated her" (that's hilariously debatable) while there are calls for Sam to call out Jason now? I don't get it. Sam was no victim. If she made stupid choices, those are her own. I see no situation where she has any legs to stand on asking why Jason did this or that to her. She knew the deal. She accepted it. And even if she doesn't now, she needs to acknowledge her own part in doing so in the past. 

*I still believe Samtrick made absolutely no sense (ignoring their snoozeworthy chemistry), especially when the story was that Patrick hated Jason and divorced Robin because she wanted to save him. You don't start dating that guy's wife. On any other show, both Sam and Patrick would have looked shady as all fuck. 

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, jsbt said:

But why did he target Jason? Because of who Jason was and what he could do. There was also that nonsense RC hinted at at the time about how Faison wanted to take over the Port Charles underworld, but that's another story.

Sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if they say they wouldn't have taken Jason if they didn't need Drew's navy skills too. 

32 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

The woman who's playing Cassandra, Jessica Tuck, seems miscast to me.  Too much vulnerability. 

Is there a specific moment you have in mind? Just curious, because I think she's fine and don't see any particular vulnerability.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, jsbt said:

. I don't know why fans grasp at straws. I hate Jason but c'mon. Personally I'd be fine with Sam staying with Drew, but it'll never happen. I wish Sam would make the best choice for herself and her child, but there is just no way this show will ever let Jason lose. And the couple's fanbase is too large. Her opting for Drew was always a red herring - even though Kelly is selling it.

I really think it depends on what SBu personally wants. He and MB can call whatever shots they want.

If he wants Jason to be the tough guy and single and not have to do love scenes, Sam will stay with Drew.

• Love 2