Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, HeatLifer said:

Oh, I agree. Unfortunately, GH under Frank, especially, refuses to follow any guidelines. Consequences are a thing of the past on soaps these days, TBH. 

*sigh* And those were such glorious months when Michael dismissed Carly and Sonny for murdering AJ/covering it up and when he took baby Avery away for her own safety.

• Love 10
56 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

It's for sure a retcon. The show won't revisit the subject again. I guarantee it.

But isn't most of the viewing audience just going to assume that Liz is lying again? It doesn't really serve the character - most of the people who are watching now were watching then; it wasn't that long ago. 

Jasus forbid that Liz make a statement that highlights the fact that she makes terrible romantic choices while she's dating a murderhobo

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

But is it most of the viewing audience just going to assume that Liz is lying again? It doesn't really serve the character because most of the people who are watching now were watching then, it wasn't that long ago. 

Jasus forbid that Liz make a statement that highlights the fact that she makes terrible romantic choices while she's dating a murderhobo

Most of the people watching now were watching when Robin went to save Jason (and Stavros and Helena) and that didn't stop TPTB from saying that Helena and Jason were running around Cassadine Island and scaring Jake.

• Love 1

I thought Jillian was going to be beaten up within an inch of his life. He looked like he intentionally banged into a door himself for sympathy. That said, his “hair” and scruff looked nice. 

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

YES. Did no one else hear that!? I mean, whatever, they retcon everything, but this whole convo about Jason's forgiveness? It's bc he still doesn't know the truth. Liz wanted Her Time With Jason and wanted him out of the mob/away from Carly and Sonny and Sam.

In 2015 RC/JP needed some crap heavy for poor J/S and Elizabeth/Nik drew the short straws.   IMO, these writers simply want her to acknowledge the crap (lie) that was dumped on her by the prior regime, hand wave it and move on.  Her motivation was crap in 2015 and these writers simply don't care to make a big deal out of it.  I'm okay with it.  Doesn't change the fact that she did lie and that anchor will always be around her neck.  Thanks RC/JP.  Not.  

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

It's for sure a retcon. The show won't revisit the subject again. I guarantee it.

So the Elizabeth character doesn't deserve a break with the writers then.  I guess I get that since you're not a fan of the character to begin with.  

• Love 1
1 minute ago, coffee drinker said:

So the Elizabeth character doesn't deserve a break with the writers then.  I guess I get that since you're not a fan of the character to begin with.  

I'm not a fan of who the writers eventually made her to be, no. I loved her for a loooong time, though. And I never said Liz doesn't deserve a break. All I said was that they retconned the lie and they're not going to touch the subject again. They clearly didn't want Jason to have any real reaction. There's other story to be covered now. They want to just move on, as you said. 

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

I realize this is a soap opera and it is tricky when some of these people (Elizabeth/Jason, Lulu/Valentin, Sonny/Ava) share children, but even on a soap opera there has to be a level of certain actions that are unforgivable and severely limit if not completely cut off your interactions with that person.

So Jason taking the woman back who watched his kid be kidnapped is different huh.  

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, coffee drinker said:

So Jason taking the woman back who watched his kid be kidnapped is different huh.  

Uh, I'm so sick of people bringing this up when they want to defend Liz. And, at least, the show allowed Jason to truly be mad at Sam over it - he even threatened to kill her. No matter what Liz lies to Jason about he always seemes to wave it away without getting mad at her at all. Even him getting mad at her about her lying to keep Jason and almost marrying him might not even count since BM's Jason might not be the real Jason. And even that he wasn't as mad at her about that as he should have been.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Uh, I'm so sick of people bringing this up when they want to defend Liz. And, at least, the show allowed Jason to truly be mad at Sam over it - he even threatened to kill her. No matter what Liz lies to Jason about he always seemes to wave it away without getting mad at her at all. Even him getting mad at her about her lying to keep Jason and almost marrying him might not even count since BM's Jason might not be the real Jason. And even that he wasn't as mad at her about that as he should have been.

Again, Jason's forgiven Elizabeth for lots of things over the years.  It's a part of their history.  It pre-dates Sam/KMo's time on show.  Guess you could say it's "canon" in their history at this point.  Is it right?  Nope, I acknowledge that, but it's been that way going back to the Jacob Young years as Lucky.  

But to LexieLily's post about it should be a deal breaker, my point stands.  They made Jason take back a woman who'd threatened his kid.  To some, that was/is a retcon of who Jason was/is.  But I have read that some J/S fans saw it as "angst".  

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I'm not a fan of who the writers eventually made her to be, no. I loved her for a loooong time, though. And I never said Liz doesn't deserve a break. All I said was that they retconned the lie and they're not going to touch the subject again. They clearly didn't want Jason to have any real reaction. There's other story to be covered now. They want to just move on, as you said. 

I was hoping during the original aftermath that they would actually spend some time doing some character development and working on some of the damage that was done to Liz's character. They didn't bother, just shoved her together with Franco. If they actually do retcon this story I would bet even money that it has less to do with protecting Liz than with the fact that they don't consider her a priority in the story except as "Franco's girlfriend"

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

I was hoping during the original aftermath that they would actually spend some time doing some character development and working on some of the damage that was done to Liz's character. They didn't bother, just shoved her together with Franco. If they actually do retcon this story I would bet even money that it has less to do with protecting Liz than with the fact that they don't consider her a priority in the story except as "Franco's girlfriend"

That, too. She was basically there today defending Franco to Jason, lol. It was a scene that was very frigid and unnecessary. It wasn't touching or heartwrenching at all. The choice to have both Sam and Liz weary/standoffish/cold to OGJase is an interesting one, especially because both scenes utilized his son (Jake and Danny) in some way and there's like 0 real emotion.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, coffee drinker said:

Again, Jason's forgiven Elizabeth for lots of things over the years.  It's a part of their history.  It pre-dates Sam/KMo's time on show.  Guess you could say it's "canon" in their history at this point.  Is it right?  Nope, I acknowledge that, but it's been that way going back to the Jacob Young years as Lucky.  

But to LexieLily's post about it should be a deal breaker, my point stands.  They made Jason take back a woman who'd threatened his kid.  To some, that was/is a retcon of who Jason was/is.  But I have read that some J/S fans saw it as "angst".  

Liz's lie was just what caused me to bring up the point because we all happened to be talking about it, but it's only part of an overarching problem of the show. Whether it's just been lately or it's been this way always I don't know, but long-term consequences don't seem to be A Thing in Port Charles. Baddies do bad things and their victims are supposed to forgive them or hand-wave away their actions just because. Heck, even as recently as the fire that burned Ava over 50% of her body and was supposed to keep her in reconstructive surgeries for years, she is practically as good as new after two months!

• Love 1

So now that the twin secret is out of the bag, is Jason Miller going to give his leather jacket to Jason Burton and adopt a new corporate look (in which case, he should maybe shave), or should we just expect to see two Jasons running around Port Charles in black t-shirts and leather jackets? 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, BlueberryJane23 said:

So now that the twin secret is out of the bag, is Jason Miller going to give his leather jacket to Jason Burton and adopt a new corporate look (in which case, he should maybe shave), or should we just expect to see two Jasons running around Port Charles in black t-shirts and leather jackets? 

I hope Jason Miller does ease off the t-shirts and leather, which don't really flatter his burly upper body. (I wish men would realize that not everyone looks good when they get all swole, but that's another story.) He looked downright elegant running around in his white shirt and suit pants after the Metro Court disaster.  

• Love 4
12 hours ago, LexieLily said:

I realize this is a soap opera and it is tricky when some of these people (Elizabeth/Jason, Lulu/Valentin, Sonny/Ava) share children, but even on a soap opera there has to be a level of certain actions that are unforgivable and severely limit if not completely cut off your interactions with that person.

And some people would draw that line at the person trying to kill you (Alan and Monica), promising to kill you (Jason and Sam), shooting you in the head while you were giving birth (Sonny and Carly), or raping you on the floor of the disco (Luke and Laura). Besides the thing you mention (sharing children), there's the larger issue that these characters are on the show for a long damn time, decades, often played by the same actors. So reversals and improbable forgiveness are just the tropes of the genre.

It's easier to have people behave in a more lifelike way ("How could I ever trust you again after you tried to kill me?") if it's something less open-ended, like a movie or a television show that will be on for its four or six or eight seasons with a limited number of episodes in each one. On a soap, the breaking up and making up, popular couplings coming back together, a woman falling in love with a guy even after, say, he did something terrible to her sister 12 years earlier when he was played by a different actor, keeps things fresh.  I think the best soaps are the ones that remember and use history but are not too shackled by it.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't get why everyone is so convinced Drew's death certificate is legit. Even within the story it doesn't make sense.

Julian looks awfully groomed and chipper for someone who was supposedly beaten nearly to death.

Thank you!. I have been saying that since that stupid piece of paper showed up weeks ago. It is soooo fake.. Not even close.. Also, every time it is on I freeze frame it and there is no date of death on it!!. lol  My mom passed away last year and my mil 3 weeks ago so I have NYS death certs in my possesion as we speak and they look nothing like that!  

Nice of Scotty to care so much about Julian, but why does he care?

Besides representing his sister, Scott is one of the few who doesn't worship Sonny and Jason whilst ignoring their violent crime from which these vile thugs earn their livelihood. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I hope Jason Miller does ease off the t-shirts and leather, which don't really flatter his burly upper body. (I wish men would realize that not everyone looks good when they get all swole, but that's another story.) He looked downright elegant running around in his white shirt and suit pants after the Metro Court disaster.  

I think JM looks better in gray and dark suits. That's how he dressed on Y&R which is understandable. When he came to GH to play nuJason the black T and leather jacket made sense but his body (the dude is stacked) isn't made for the Jason look. He is barrel chested whereas Steve Burton is slimmer but still built. Hopefully, BM will go more corporate and with a crisp white shirt. That said, I think TPTB are going to keep him in leather because Sam is always wearing leather, too.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, sunnyface said:

Besides representing his sister, Scott is one of the few who doesn't worship Sonny and Jason whilst ignoring their violent crime from which these vile thugs earn their livelihood. 

Which somehow makes Scott a bad guy (yes, I know there are other things as well, but the fact that he doesn't worship at the alter of Sonny is a big one).

• Love 2
11 hours ago, coffee drinker said:

I get that.  However, Todd's GH history is nothing like Franco's.  That's the difference to me.  Todd hasn't done things to GH characters that Franco has.   

No, he's only done worse things to non-GH characters like gang rape, murder, kidnapping, etc. It's not fair to take OLTL characters away from their history and ties so he can have a new slate on this canvas. That totally defeats the purpose of Todd's character especially who was always meant to be reminded of his demons and redeemed through his family.

You want another character? A typical leading man? Fine. But that's not Todd.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I thought Jillian was going to be beaten up within an inch of his life.

Um...(we can say "um" here, right?) do you mean Julian?

And oh dear. Gone almost two years, and it didn't take long for the Sam/Liz wars to start up again.

Sigh...

Topic?

Liz was talking to Jason as if he already knew that she was (UGH!) with the serial killer/baby kidnapper/monster who was really in love with Jason Franco. Did I miss a line? Granted, I wasn't really paying attention. It was very odd, the space Liz kept between her and the cell. Was that a directing decision? Were they afraid the chemistry between Becky and Steve would break the cameras? (insert sarcasm). Liz didn't even look like she believed the shit she was doling out. And I'm with Jason. I don't care that Franco had a "TUMAH!" (Ahnold's voice) He's still a serial killing raping monster.

Did other stuff happen?

It's canon, for as long as I can remember, that Jason has never truly gotten angry with Elizabeth. I'm not sure why that is. It's a well known fact among those who know me here, that as far as I'm concerned, Robin was the love of Jason's life. He left or tried to leave the mob for her. It was only with her that we saw some really FUGLY crying when they broke up after she tried to get Mooby to fire him when he got shot. But, I digress.  What would be the point in her telling Jason that she lied about how Drew was when they all thought he was Jason, just so she could hold onto him? It wasn't him. He might, might even let it pass, because jackass did lead her on, knowing how she's always loved him, around the time he and Sam were "separated" before he got himself shot by Faison!Duke! Then tells her abruptly, sorry, ain't nuthin' gonna happen 'tween us. Sorry.

18 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Um...(we can say "um" here, right?) do you mean Julian?

And oh dear. Gone almost two years, and it didn't take long for the Sam/Liz wars to start up again.

Sigh...

Topic?

Liz was talking to Jason as if he already knew that she was (UGH!) with the serial killer/baby kidnapper/monster who was really in love with Jason Franco. Did I miss a line? Granted, I wasn't really paying attention. It was very odd, the space Liz kept between her and the cell. Was that a directing decision? Were they afraid the chemistry between Becky and Steve would break the cameras? (insert sarcasm). Liz didn't even look like she believed the shit she was doling out. And I'm with Jason. I don't care that Franco had a "TUMAH!" (Ahnold's voice) He's still a serial killing raping monster.

Did other stuff happen?

It's canon, for as long as I can remember, that Jason has never truly gotten angry with Elizabeth. I'm not sure why that is. It's a well known fact among those who know me here, that as far as I'm concerned, Robin was the love of Jason's life. He left or tried to leave the mob for her. It was only with her that we saw some really FUGLY crying when they broke up after she tried to get Mooby to fire him when he got shot. But, I digress.  What would be the point in her telling Jason that she lied about how Drew was when they all thought he was Jason, just so she could hold onto him? It wasn't him. He might, might even let it pass, because jackass did lead her on, knowing how she's always loved him, around the time he and Sam were "separated" before he got himself shot by Faison!Duke! Then tells her abruptly, sorry, ain't nuthin' gonna happen 'tween us. Sorry.

Well, Julian was in a prison and changed his name to Jillian. Happens all the time. LOL!! I can honestly say I can't recall if I typed Jillian or if it was auto corrected. Wait! There isn't auto correct here. I guess I'm guilty. LOL!!!

Just now, ByaNose said:

Well, Julian was in a prison and changed his name to Jillian. Happens all the time. LOL!! I can honestly say I can't recall if I typed Jillian or if it was auto corrected. Wait! There isn't auto correct here. I guess I'm guilty. LOL!!!

If you typed from your phone or tablet, then yes, "auto-correct" would be the culprit. If not, then yeah, it's YOU!

12 hours ago, MissL said:

And they've made [Liz] look a bit ragged the last few days ...

I think Liz has been looking that way for awhile. I wonder if it's a deliberate choice and if so why? I just pretend it's because she's with Franco. I feel fucking him would turn one into a ragged looking shell.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4

It's canon, for as long as I can remember, that Jason has never truly gotten angry with Elizabeth

But there's nothing for JaSix to get mad about. She doesn't owe JaSix an apology for what she did. She didn't do it to him. If Six is Jason, then she didn't even hurt Jason's family because Jason was still missing.

But that doesn't mean it wasn't a creepy, disturbing thing for her to do. She doesn't have to confess to JaSix - again, he's not her priest and he wasn't wronged - but she might want to talk to him since she hasn't talked to anybody else about it, and Franco is probably the wrong person to talk to about her Jason issues.

If he's going to be upset about something it should be the fact that his stalker is practically living with his kid

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, BF4L said:

Franco's lying. Big shock I know.

Okay, I'm confused. I know Franco is lying but what about exactly? That "Drew" didn't really die? Franco doesn't know that, right? He's just going by what Andre said. BTW! Steve Burton got really old looking since he was last on GH. I don't recall him looking so old on Y&R. I guess it could be the makeup and lighting but his face looks rough. Still better then me but rough. LOL!!!

9 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Okay, I'm confused. I know Franco is lying but what about exactly? That "Drew" didn't really die? Franco doesn't know that, right?

It's already such a convoluted knot, but I think Betsy Frank told Franco that, after she found Drew injured at the bottom of the stairs and thought Franco did it, she took him to a hospital and thus he didn't die of a childhood illness like she had earlier claimed.  Andre then provided the additional information about the implanted memories.

25 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Okay, I'm confused. I know Franco is lying but what about exactly? That "Drew" didn't really die? Franco doesn't know that, right? He's just going by what Andre said. BTW! Steve Burton got really old looking since he was last on GH. I don't recall him looking so old on Y&R. I guess it could be the makeup and lighting but his face looks rough. Still better then me but rough. LOL!!!

Not as rough as Roger.

12 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Also, lord, is the synthetic opioid "storyline" (and I use that term loosely) beyond heavy-handed.  Oh, look, here's day player nurse all upset over "another opioid overdose." 

Hopefully, with Anna, Valentine, and Finn, this means a) it won't be all about Sonny, and b) Sonny won't single-handedly solve the crisis.

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

It's already such a convoluted knot, but I think Betsy Frank told Franco that, after she found Drew injured at the bottom of the stairs and thought Franco did it, she took him to a hospital and thus he didn't die of a childhood illness like she had earlier claimed.  Andre then provided the additional information about the implanted memories.

And isn't that piece of paper he keeps looking at whatever Andre printed out that has "all the answers?"  Honestly, if they're not doing this to break Franco and Elizabeth up, I don't get it.

Steve Burton got really old looking since he was last on GH.

Not as rough as Roger.

But Roger was never a "pretty boy" like SBu.  It's definitely more startling on the latter.  

19 minutes ago, NutmegsDad said:
13 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Also, lord, is the synthetic opioid "storyline" (and I use that term loosely) beyond heavy-handed.  Oh, look, here's day player nurse all upset over "another opioid overdose." 

Hopefully, with Anna, Valentine, and Finn, this means a) it won't be all about Sonny, and b) Sonny won't single-handedly solve the crisis.

Given that everything in Port Charles has to connect to Sonny, I'm sure he will single-handedly solve the crisis.

40 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Andre was the one who provided Franco with the death certificate, but then Franco went threatening SERIAL KILLER on him and André finally coughed up the truth, i.e., the implanted memories. Then André went on the lam. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

And isn't that piece of paper he keeps looking at whatever Andre printed out that has "all the answers?"  Honestly, if they're not doing this to break Franco and Elizabeth up, I don't get it.

But Roger was never a "pretty boy" like SBu.  It's definitely more startling on the latter.  

Yeah, I was gonna say that Roger likes to look like crap. He was never the pretty boy. Not even when he was on Loving and playing a frat boy. He wasn't soap opera pretty and now he doesn't care what he looks.like.at.all. Between him looking crappy and Franco being a sick turd I have no interest in him. As for, Burton his face is showing the milege. It's weird. It's not that he's old but the makeup is on so thick that it's more obvious. IMO!

Edited by ByaNose
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

Yeah, I was gonna say that Roger likes to look like crap. He was never the pretty boy. Not even when he was on Loving and play a frat boy. He wasn't soap opera pretty and now he doesn't care what he looks.like.at.all. Between him looking crappy and Franco being a sick turd I have no interest in him. As for, Burton his face is showing the milege. It's weird. It's not that he's old but the makeup is on so thick that it's more obvious. IMO!

Yeah and with Burton I agree on the makeup. Plus since I don't watch Y&R instead of a gradual change I haven't really seen him in 5 years so it's an abrupt difference.  To be clear I don't watch this show either. I listen to you guys and then go find clips of anything that sounds interesting with people I still know.  Which means not many clips until recently.  I haven't seen a second of Maxie's boyfriend Nathan or whoever Kiki is and I never saw grown up Morgan and it's glorious. I'll probably watch some when Kimberly returns.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, MissL said:

Yeah and with Burton I agree on the makeup. Plus since I don't watch Y&R instead of a gradual change I haven't really seen him in 5 years so it's an abrupt difference.  To be clear I don't watch this show either. I listen to you guys and then go find clips of anything that sounds interesting with people I still know.  Which means not many clips until recently.  I haven't seen a second of Maxie's boyfriend Nathan or whoever Kiki is and I never saw grown up Morgan and it's glorious. I'll probably watch some when Kimberly returns.

You will need to search for Ryan (Nathan) Paevey. He can't act but he is amazing looking.

• Love 2

Monica popping up to share scenes with Dr. Michael Easton today while all this Jason stuff is going on was weird.

I will pay Chet's medical bills if that's what it takes to end this Man Landers nonsense.

Wasting Jessica Tuck on Nina/Charlotte stuff is shameful.

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

You will need to search for Ryan (Nathan) Paevey. He can't act but he is amazing looking.

This is very true.  He might be the most attractive actor the be on GH in the past decade.  Won't be winning and Emmy anytime soon, but not so bad to look at.

4 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Franco knows Drew is alive AND knows which Jason is Jason and which one is Drew.  Because that's what this story needs, more Franco. (Said no one…ever.)

4 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:

I like to dream too.

• Love 11

Jam-packing today's episode with all my least favorite storylines has left me so bored that I'm making my own fun with this observation: a combination of Valentin's orange skin tone, his general stature, and his feathery hair all add up to remind me of Hei Hei from Moana. Anna should just smack half a coconut over his head so she always knows where he is. 

Honestly, today was a fail across the board. Any momentum from A Tale of Two Jasons was killed as we all got bogged down by a sudden opioid epidemic and a meandering detour down Julexis avenue. And I will never complain about Monica being on my screen, but seeing her worrying over Chet instead of being involved with the Jasons felt incongruous.

• Love 6

Someone please explain to me like I'm Sonny, because I'm confused about where this Ask Man Landers story is right now. Don't know why I care, but here goes. Doesn't everyone know now that Nathan is AML ? He was outed at that party that Spinelli was at ? And fans have been showing up at his apartment. But he and Amy are still talking about being "found out" and committing fraud and they also don't want Mac to find out ? I haven't paid too close attention and actually hoping this story would just end already.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, OnceSane said:

Franco knows Drew is alive AND knows which Jason is Jason and which one is Drew.  Because that's what this story needs, more Franco. (Said no one…ever.)

I like to dream too.

Said no one...ever.......That is hysterical. Truer Words Were Never Spoken

• Love 3

Of course the OD in GH is Chet. Ugh. If they really wanted to tackle an opioid-abuse story, the OD should be Oscar.

I didn't think the Ask Man Landers story could get worse, but today proved me wrong. Deeply, horribly wrong.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Benji said:

Someone please explain to me like I'm Sonny, because I'm confused about where this Ask Man Landers story is right now. Don't know why I care, but here goes. Doesn't everyone know now that Nathan is AML ? He was outed at that party that Spinelli was at ? And fans have been showing up at his apartment. But he and Amy are still talking about being "found out" and committing fraud and they also don't want Mac to find out ? I haven't paid too close attention and actually hoping this story would just end already.

The being "found out" part is that Amy 2.0, a (GASP!) girl, is actually the one behind Man Landers, that she wrote/is writing it.