Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Also, when Kristina said she was moving to Eugene with Parker, I ran to the computer to see if Lexi was leaving GH.  When I googled "Lexi Ainsworth leaving general hospital", the first article that popped up said she was leaving.  I was so excited that this was likely her exit.  Then I saw that it was dated 2011. Dang it.  Anyway, so this storyline just keeps outdoing itself on the obnoxious level.  Parker seems like a creepy predator.  Then she gets all up in Alexis' grill for calling this out for the ridiculousness that it is.  Then Kristina is going to move to Oregon with Mrs. Robinson after one date and one night of screwing?  That's fast.  That's too fast. Seriously, why can't sonny just try to kill Parker, miss and hit Kristina, then blame Parker for Kristina's death and have her car blow up? That's one storyline I'd like to see right now.

• Love 8

It was nice to see Father Gopher, but couldn't makeup have spent just a minute or two more working with that thinning-hair spot on the back of his head since apparently there were so many over-his-shoulder shots planned?

So after a year of non stop crying over Morgan, they commemorate his death with a lame photo collage propped up outside of Perks, some shitty hats, and a round of Morgancchinos. And Sonny and Carly didn't even bother to show up. This is so fantastically awful and every bit the memorial that asshat deserves.

And fuck all of them for attacking Ava. If Kiki had actually told her what was happening instead of acting shifty Ava would have known to stay away, but instead she's getting blamed for taking the opportunity to see her daughter. Kiki's duplicitous behavior towards Ava makes me crazy, because she acts supportive of Ava but then talks an enormous amount of shit about her behind her back. I hope Ava wrangles Griffin and cuts her losses with Kiki, because I don't want to watch her grovel for affection from someone who is never fully on her side.

• Love 11

Today's Everything Is Ava's Fault was really disgusting.  And depressing.  She's responsible for Morgan's death (not Olivia), Nik's death (not Valentin), and now Griffin being unable to return to the priesthood.

I fast forwarded through all of the trash about Saint Morgan.  And curse you, Michael, for saying that Avery is happy and surrounded by her family (at her brother's memorial, soo inappropriate) and keeping her from her mother.

When Kristina said that she's moving to Oregon I thought "good".  I hope Alexis and Sonny refuse to pay a cent for her there and maybe she can finally grow up.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Linny said:

And Sonny and Carly didn't even bother to show up.

Yesterday Kristina said she organized the event for the siblings. (Not sure why Lauren was included. Shouldn't "Dar" [Darby] have been there, then?)

Why am I supposed to feel sorry for Parker getting tossed out of another school for inappropriate conduct with a student? She should have been on a very short leash at PCU the way it is.

"You hate the idea of Parker and I together." Parker and ME, Kristina. You dropped out of school too soon. 

Alexis and Sonny need to cut off Kristina financially, and then we'll see how long her ardor for Parker lasts.

What authority does Laura have to interfere with patient care at GH? Board members shouldn't be involved with any of that. Laura could have been walking by and seen Ava and the scene wouldn't have changed.

Poor Kevin. 

34 minutes ago, Linny said:

instead she's getting blamed for taking the opportunity to see her daughter.

And she's to blame for all the hostility everyone is beaming at her. Good grief. Michael lecturing Ava on her evils against Morgan was a bit much when he can forgive Sonny for shooting AJ. In much less time, too.

• Love 13

Why is Alexis always kowtowing to her daughter's, especially Kristina.  Alexis needs to lovingly detach from Kristina and say "I love you but I will not sit back and continue to watch you trash your life.  I will always be here for you but I can no longer enable this behavior.  Your father and I will no longer financially support you.  If you want to keep living your life making one rash and selfish decision after the other, you will need to do it on your own dime.  I have talked to your father, Sam, Michael and Molly about this and we are all in agreement.  We all love you but we can not enable you while you self destruct.  You have done this time and again and have not learned a thing.  Go to Oregon with Parker, I really hope you are happy but you will need to go out and get job.  I will be taking back your cell phone, car and credit cards immediately."

• Love 11

LOL at Avery jumping up and down at the end of the memorial thing. That was so adorable.

That corner of Perks is definitely the set they use for the Q patio/terrace.

5 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

I will be taking back your cell phone, car and credit cards immediately."

Alexis doesn't have to take any of that back, she just needs to say Kristina is paying for it all now.

Spencer's text to Ava did not like something he wrote. LOL that Ava still uses a travel agent!

That was a sad and pathetic "memorial".  I know it was at Perks, but it looked like they were holding it in an alley near the trashcans.  I hope that's the last we hear of dearly departed Morgan for awhile.

Gopher!

Parker better watch out--when Alexis is crossed she has a history of inflicting fatal accidents on people.

• Love 2

Would Spencer really have Ava's cell number in order to send her a text?  That was my first thought, then my second thought was, well, it's Spencer, so yeah, he totally would. 

Loved the actress playing Avery, how she was all over Haley Pulos, then when Kiki arrived was all over her as well.  Yet when Michael went to take her away, she gave him quite the side eye and Molly had to sort of step in and redirect the actress to her.  

Everything about Kristina and Parker is so gross and so wrong.  Plus, I love LA but man, I'm tired of that bitch face she does.  Alexis, cut your losses and say, honey, I'll see you in 3 months when Parker gets tired of your imature ass and tosses you out.  

• Love 9

I think it would be a wise move to take the phone, car and credit card away immediately if they are in Alexis' name.  The sooner Kristina is faced with her new reality the sooner she can go about making some serious changes in her life.  Of course there is no guarantee that Kristina will pull herself together but what Alexis and Sonny have been doing sure as hell isn't working., 

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, AuxArx said:

That was a sad and pathetic "memorial".  I know it was at Perks, but it looked like they were holding it in an alley near the trashcans.  I hope that's the last we hear of dearly departed Morgan for awhile.

Gopher!

Parker better watch out--when Alexis is crossed she has a history of inflicting fatal accidents on people.

I am very afraid that the memorial and all the mentions of St. Morgan pressages his return with a new face.

19 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

What bad soap this was, having Kevin reappear after weeks off-screen and then randomly propose at the counter at Kelly's.  Poor, poor Kevin.

This more than anything tells us how much value the show puts in the one healthy relationship it has going for it - not much. Both Kevin and Laura deserved better than a proposal like that.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, LillyB said:

I am very afraid that the memorial and all the mentions of St. Morgan pressages his return with a new face.

If it will make them finally stop talking about the sainted one, then I'll take it.  Diito Nik. 

They already did it with Jasus 1.

Bonus:  maybe Ava could finally catch a break.  It's typical of this show that the only perso to show remorse is the one they keep beating up on.

It's typical of the immature Kristina to arrange the memorial and then ditch it to spend the night with Parker.

• Love 3

Who on this show thought bringing back Parker was a good idea?  I know there's only a seventeen year age difference, but Lexi looks closer to 18 and Ashley looks closer to 50.  That's a 30 year age difference.  And even though I know that's not the true age difference, that's what my eyes see.  Combined with Lexi's perpetual child-like appearance and pre-pubescent voice, and it's really an ick factor.

• Love 8

Kristina deserves to be cut off financially, but Alexis needs a wakeup call too that Kristina is over 21 and needs to make her own mistakes her own way. Kristina might act like she is in high school, but she is approaching her thirties without maturing a bit.

When the gang of young people at Morgan's memorial shut out Ava from Avery it was sad, showing how effective CarSon's poison is against Ava in the whole community. Those rich brats would not recognize that no matter what they had been told, Ava is still Avery's mother, and they had no right to come between the two. They should have allowed the contact but stayed around in case Ava pulled any tricks.

I think that the watch was given to Jason to track, record, , or videocam him.

Griffin needs to realize that he's been interested in two woman since he became a priest, and that is sufficient evidence that he needs to retire from the Catholic priesthood or become an Episcopalian priest who can marry.

We get annoyed that this show is so Sonny-centric, but I am also nauseated at the guru-saint references to Jason the Magnificent, who is said to be the Man so many turned to when needing a lesson about life, the purpose of life, how to live, what it means to be a man, etc. etc. Please--the man was a killer for hire, a button man for the Mob. He's not a Christ-figure.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

This more than anything tells us how much value the show puts in the one healthy relationship it has going for it - not much. Both Kevin and Laura deserved better than a proposal like that.

I think Molly and TJ are in a healthy relationship.  In fact it's probably healthier, considering there was no sneaky writing of a book based on the other.

Molly and TJ do get the same value on their relationship.  I've seen more of Joss and Oscar, and I prefer the former.

• Love 3
On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 2:40 PM, AuxArx said:

Morgan might have joined the Peace Corps?  Taught little children in Uganda?  Stop it, Sonny and Carly, you're killing me...I can't breathe from laughing so hard...  Their fantasy Morgan is hilarious.

Almost choked when Carly said have joined the Peace Corps.  Don't want to offend any Morgan lovers, but I fast forwarded through all his scene's. 

3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Today's Everything Is Ava's Fault was really disgusting.  And depressing.  She's responsible for Morgan's death (not Olivia), Nik's death (not Valentin), and now Griffin being unable to return to the priesthood.

I fast forwarded through all of the trash about Saint Morgan.  And curse you, Michael, for saying that Avery is happy and surrounded by her family (at her brother's memorial, soo inappropriate) and keeping her from her mother.

When Kristina said that she's moving to Oregon I thought "good".  I hope Alexis and Sonny refuse to pay a cent for her there and maybe she can finally grow up.

Agree with all your comments, the entire soap needs a re-write with stories that are somewhat real life.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, LillyB said:

Hush!  But seriously.   Did anyone predict that Morgan would be the more interesting brother over Micheal and Dante?

2 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Who on this show thought bringing back Parker was a good idea?  I know there's only a seventeen year age difference, but Lexi looks closer to 18 and Ashley looks closer to 50.  That's a 30 year age difference.  And even though I know that's not the true age difference, that's what my eyes see.  Combined with Lexi's perpetual child-like appearance and pre-pubescent voice, and it's really an ick factor.

Yes.  I get creeped out during their scenes because it's like Kristina making out with her mom.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

Mr. Moving and I laughed our asses off when we saw Father Congressman Gopher and Griffin.  (The actor Fred Grandy played Gopher on the Love Boat but left that role to become a Congressman from Iowa.)

Holy cow that was Gopher! I knew he looked familiar but couldn't place him. 

4 hours ago, Perkie said:

Everything about Kristina and Parker is so gross and so wrong.

Indeed.  I agree completely.  Though I am confused as to how Parker is considered a predator in this case.  She didn't continuously pursue Kristina.  Kristina pursued her.  Repeatedly.  She even tried to avoid Kristina.  She wasn't hounding her constantly.  So I have no idea how this makes her predatory in any way.  If anything, I think she's more confused than actively predatory.

I just think she's being considered one because of the age difference.  Which, frankly, is unfair.  This is all kinds of icky and inappropriate, to be sure, but Parker is in no way a predator, IMO.

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

The dogpile on Ava today might've been less nauseating if anyone else got that sort of treatment.  

Imagine a scene of the Q's holding a memorial for AJ and Sonny wandering into it and being read to filth...siiigh...

• Love 9
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Imagine a scene of the Q's holding a memorial for AJ and Sonny wandering into it and being read to filth...siiigh...

Michael would probably apologize to him for not telling him what he was doing and Monica would hem and haw for a minute then have Cook 2 bring out his favorite cannoli.

This fakkata show.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Sonny wold be looking for someone to fuck on AJ's crypt.  Maybe Cook 2.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Well, Ava should be read for filth at an AJ memorial too - for framing him for murder, for her part in his death and for grossly screwing Scummy on his grave

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 5

Well, finally the show gave me something to honest-to-God root for today. Come on, Oregon! Get the job done! (I'll refrain from any joke about it being known as "the Beaver State.") 

I hate that that couple (Kristina/Parker) makes me form some kind of uneasy alliance with elderly homophobes who just would be trying to get any same-sex couple offscreen. Because it definitely isn't that. It's...everything else about them. They're horrible.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Well, Ava should be read for filth at an AJ memorial too - for framing him for murder, for her part in his death and for grossly screwing Scummy on his grave

My point was more that Ava gets dragged for her crimes all the time, the writers contrived her appearance at Morgan's memorial yesterday to do it again.  Meanwhile, Monica didn't get to say boo to Sonny about AJ's murder until years after it happened and immediately had to walk it back.  It's bullshit.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Well, finally the show gave me something to honest-to-God root for today. Come on, Oregon! Get the job done! (I'll refrain from any joke about it being known as "the Beaver State.") 

I hate that that couple (Kristina/Parker) makes me form some kind of uneasy alliance with elderly homophobes who just would be trying to get any same-sex couple offscreen. Because it definitely isn't that. It's...everything else about them. They're horrible.

I don't think anybody thinks that its homophobia that makes people hate this couple.  Honestly, I compare it to Sonny and Emily.  Remember that terrible pairing that MB really pushed for?  Vomit. Sure, they were both consenting adults, but it just didn't work.  Kristina and Parker might both be consenting adults, but they don't work.  First, Parker was in a position of authority and that was bad.  Then we meet Parker and she looks like she is 45-50. Combine that with the fact that Lexi looks around 18 and it is straight up nasty looking.  And we can say that Parker isn't a predator (but she looks like one because of what looks like a huge age difference) and that she didn't pursue Kristina, but she certainly came to Port Charles to see Kristina, did her, and then got a job in the town where she lived.  Her words and actions said two very different things.  How are the writers this out of touch with reality and what the viewers (because I'm not sure we can really be called "fans" anymore) want.  I can only hope that they are made aware of the repulsion most are feeling and get rid of this storyline quickly.  Personally, I think the best plan is to have Alexis be right, have it come out that there is something wrong with Parker and have her exit permanently.

• Love 7

I'd be completely on board with that, BlancheDevoreaux. I just have seen on some other sites people hating on it and using the same words they (or people like them) used for Kyle/Fish and Will/Sonny (other Sonny, other soap). I'm like..."Yeah, I want this particular iteration to be over too, but not for those reasons. It's these two in particular."

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 2

And hey, what happened to the whole angle with Valerie?  That seemed like it might be going somewhere, with the classic, "We kissed to make someone else jealous, but maybe there were real feelings there" moment a while back.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

And hey, what happened to the whole angle with Valerie?  That seemed like it might be going somewhere, with the classic, "We kissed to make someone else jealous, but maybe there were real feelings there" moment a while back.

Nah.  Kristina confessed to Parker that it was a ruse, and that ended.

4 minutes ago, Star Aristille said:

Nah.  Kristina confessed to Parker that it was a ruse, and that ended.

I mean out-of-universe, it seemed like the show/the writers were planning on doing something with Kristina/Valerie.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

I mean, I get what Laura was saying, a impromptu proposal at the Kelly's counter isn't very romantic.  But given Kevin's entire life now revolves around her and her family, Laura being all, "Make it special for me!" left sort of a sour taste in my mouth.  How about you do something nice for him for a change?  And I swear, if the show drags back in Spencer as part of it...

More proof that the twentysomething canvas is a disaster, with Dr. Bensch the wedge between Kiki and Dillon and Dillon having to talk to Nelle of all people.  Why don't any of these people have friends?

• Love 11

The good: Sonny's utter indifference to Kristina leaving (hey, for once Sonny and I are on the same page); Dillon remembering how to not be an asshole; Dr. Bensch's nice talk with Kiki (still not seeing anything creepy about him, and I hope that lasts).

The meh: Laura and Kevin still feel like an afterthought; sending Curtis to that pathetic attempt at recreating Florida (can't they give us an alligator to take care of Sharon?) was really boring.

The egregious: Carly, her very existence.

The hot damn: Griffin and Ava. Listen, I don't care if this pairing doesn't have legs, they fuck me all the way up and I'm loving every minute of it.

• Love 6

You know what sucks? I actually kind of like Dr Max when he's not around Kiki. I like him listening to Alexis and backing her up and being very casual and relaxed with her.  There could actually potentially be something THERE, but instead, they're shelving him into a 'creeper' storyline with freaking KIKI?  Ugh.

But I love S&C waxing on about the fund for Morgan and upon getting a huge anonymous donation, immediately speculate about the WHO part by bitching about various women who are all, of course, evil bitches who love being EVIL and MEAN to poor S&C.  Everything's a giant conspiracy to be MEANIES to these two assholes.

• Love 6

Today on Women Are The Devil Hospital:

Wow, so everyone who grows up in Florida is a strong swimmer. Who knew?  I'm sure Nelle's father happily paid for swimming lessons for her and lots of time at the pool.  Nelle really can't win for losing, can she?

Speaking of which, Ava is a horrible, horrible person because she killed Morgan but at least she's got Griffin now. Having enticed him away from his holy vows and the church.

"Says the criminal who lies for a living and is married to a woman who lies like she breathes."  And could Sonny get any less caring about his girlchild?  No, she's not bipolar but she is acting in an extremely stupid manner and a decent father would step in and at least talk to her. But it's all Alexis' fault for overreacting.  In what universe is Sonny the voice of reason?

Bensch:  I'm sorry [for ever moving to the town].  (i like him 1000x when he's far away from Kiki.)

Kevin is utterly adorable.  So of course he's barely on the show.

• Love 7

I cracked up that the sister wasn’t suspicious at all by all the questions Curtis was asking. Yet she had Nelle’s M.O. down pat.

Why do Kevin and Laura need to get married? It’s so unnecessary on a lot of levels. Poor Kevin, as always.

And once again, Morgan being bipolar will always give him an excuse for any behavior. Everyone else has to own their decisions. 

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, seasons said:

I've missed a few days. What happened that Ava's face is better?

She had "treatments" in Russia and needed "one more treatment", so now she has a bit of what looks like crap smeared on the side of her face.  Not perfect, but better than it was.

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, ciarra said:

She had "treatments" in Russia and needed "one more treatment", so now she has a bit of what looks like crap smeared on the side of her face.  Not perfect, but better than it was.

Got it. Thanks!

I hope we get more from the Ava and Griffin sex scene than a broken lamp. *yawn*

The twenty-something set on this show is a disaster.  We have Kristina, Michael, Nelle, Molly, Tj, KiKi and Amy, who are almost never in each other's orbit.  A few years ago, Michael hired Morgan to renovate the Brownstone, and it has not been seen since.  Why not use the set as a boarding house type residence with individual apartments for these young adults.  This way the individual stories of these characters could be woven together and they could form long term relationships, the next generation of Port Charles.  Right now we have these young people, who are isolated from their peers.  They may socialize but if we don't see it.......

• Love 6

I hope we move on from the ridiculous kayaking death.  Since the show is "ripping from the headlines", they should know that a test was done, and the kayak didn't sink with the entire plug removed.  It's tedious.  And I loved how the sister referred to her brother's death as Nelle's "little misadventure".  That was odd.  And if fiancé wasn't strong enough to save himself in the cold water, how in the hell was Nelle supposed to jump in the same cold water and save both of them?  Even if she were an Olympic caliber swimmer, the hypothermia hits you just the same.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, movingtargetgal said:

Why not use the set as a boarding house type residence with individual apartments for these young adults.  This way the individual stories of these characters could be woven together and they could form long term relationships, the next generation of Port Charles. 

Not disagreeing with the message here, but I doubt this show has much time left for a "next generation".

• Love 8