Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

53 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Diane was there solely to drive home the point that Carly is lucky Sonny is out of the mob. That discussion was so stupid. Max has been with Sonny as his bodyguard for ages; if anyone knows about the danger of being in the mob, it's Max. And how many people has Diane seen shot, kidnapped, bombed, etc. because they're mob or mob-adjacent? Yet now she suddenly is fearful for Max? This fakakta show and its unbelievable hypocrisy with violence.

Seriously, shut up, Diane.

• Love 7
54 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Seriously, shut up, Diane.

And not to add to the pile-on, but what the hell did wardrobe have her in yesterday?  Polyster-looking, geriatric powder blue pants and a boxy, nubby jacket?  She looked like Dorothy from the Golden Girls.

• Love 5

Liz and Rebecca Budig's new "Sisters!" bond rings beyond false to me.  It's too little, too late.  And I still want to know if Liz mentioned her new sis to her old sis Sarah, or to her dad, or to No-Name!

• Love 9
(edited)

I remember wondering why Spencer didn't just climb up on the radiator.  It was high enough.

I am really over everyone blaming Valentine.  It was boring a week ago.  I'm also over "Sonny's down a well" now.

I'm really impressed at Laura though, suspecting Spencer is lying and calling him on it.  Spencer quoting Princess Bride isn't nearly as clever as the writers thought it was.

I  like Valentine saying that he's a grown man who went without love his entire life. That explains his odd decisions about Nina and other people.

12 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I was thinking today that Laura Wright as Carly is nothing at all like Laura Wright as Cassie on Guiding Light. She's good. She's really made it hers. 

I liked Cassie so much.  Cassie and Richard were my dream romance.  It's incredible how much I hate Carly now.

2 hours ago, TheMediaHo said:

Call me crazy, but I don't recall seeing a stack of -- or scattered -- books when Dante found the glasses in Spencer's dungeon. Surely one of PC's Finest might have noticed that, or an open window, no?

2 hours ago, ulkis said:

I would like to know what kind of books these were. You can't balance on top of a bunch of old paperback Sweet Valley Highs. How convenient that there happened to be a bunch of extra large hardcovers lying around.

I know that logic is too much to expect from the writing.  But I had thought better of the props people.

I'm looking forward to Obrecht's nefarious plan.  For one thing, it's not about Sonny or the Quad of Doom.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Spencer stacked the books on the chair that was in the basement, not the radiator, if that's what you mean.

No, I remember wondering why he didn't climb on the radiator, but when we saw it yesterday, it seemed much taller than last week. Or maybe not...

God, what a waste of an hour. Spencer fabricating details simply because it fits nicely with his rhetoric that Valentin is a supervillain was really distasteful, Liesl's plan is dumb, Hayden and Liz bonding over babies made my eyes glaze over, and I've been over Sam's health crisis for at least a couple of weeks now and it seems like Jason agrees with me. And The Princess Bride reference was inevitable and I'm surprised the writers waited this long to hurl it at us.

Sonny was still in pain, so today's episode had that going for it. I'm a little surprised he didn't MacGyver his way out of the hole. I suppose we now have to wait to see which of his loyal ass kissers will come to save him. I hope Michael and Carly fight to the death in order to be the first to reach Sonny's side.

• Love 1
(edited)
42 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

"My honest impression is that you're a good mom." Oh, sweet Hayden, I feel bad for you if your exposure to motherhood is only Elizabeth Webber.

Who is PC is any better? Hayden's choices are severely limited.

Sam needs to spit out that she shot Sonny and then go into a coma. A seizure works, though.

The Dr. O/Hayden's ex stuff is so, so terrible. Dr. O deserved to be fired, and who cares about some dude we don't know?

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Ugh, Spencer's hammy recounting of what happened is exactly why I can't stand that stupid little turd.

I wanted one of them to say something like "hey, you know we were all freaking the hell out, right?"

Spencer: You're going to throw the book at him and lock him up!

Dante: (beat) No.

Heh.

It was also funny when Valentin said, "I rest my case!" Not funny when he said "Not!" like Wayne Campbell to Spencer. He sounds idiotic getting into a "you did it" "nuh uh I didn't" exchange with a 12 year old.

It was amusing though how JPS looked like he was trying not to laugh the whole time.

I kept wanting to reach out and brush Hayden's hair behind her ears.

I don't think it was a mistake to make Liz and Hayden sisters but a mistake not to build a bond with them before this.

When Jason said to unconscious Sam, "hey, it's gonna be okay", I wanted the lady from the Chew to pop up like this:

How have MB's teeth not been worn down to nubs by now with all the gritting he's had to do?

• Love 4
(edited)
17 minutes ago, ulkis said:

It was amusing though how JPS looked like he was trying not to laugh the whole time.

He often has a semi-smirk on his face. I can't figure out if that's a normal face or he is trying to stifle a laugh.

I don't think it was a mistake to make Liz and Hayden sisters but a mistake not to build a bond with them before this.

They do this way too often, which is a main reason I think it's mostly pointless to connect a newbie to an established character. Valerie has no contact with her Spencer relatives—we barely see her anyway. Franco is Scott's son only when he (Franco) needs something—that's more of a relief, but those two shouldn't be related in the first place. Oscar will be related to someone we "love"—but that won't suddenly make his story with Joss more interesting. (I actually don't mind those two, but I'm dreading the inevitable, where they're ordered to say away from each other because their parents hate one another. Zzzzzz. So overused.)

How have MB's teeth not been worn down to nubs by now with all the gritting he's had to do?

Billy Miller probably gave him the name of his dentist. Heh.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

He often has a semi-smirk on his face. I can't figure out if that's a normal face or he is trying to stifle a laugh.

I think today it was trying to stifle a laugh, because he kept looking down (and not at Spencer).

5 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

I just don't want to believe the rumors that he has such a big fan base fighting for him and for Franco's redemption.

I'm pretty sure the rumour was that ReHe's fan base was fighting for him because they want her front burner and that means in a story with a serial killer rapist.  

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

I'm also over "Sonny's down a well" now.

Oh my gosh, it went on and on and on.  I had to fast forward.  

LOL that Griffin was squeamish hearing about Tracy's worm brains

Which made no sense to me since he's a neurosurgeon and plays in people's brains for a living.  

1 hour ago, Linny said:

I'm a little surprised he didn't MacGyver his way out of the hole.

No, we're going to have to watch poor poor widdle Sonny suffer for at least another week or more so that we feel badly for him.  it will be days just like today along with a ghostly visit from Stone.  

Dr. O deserved to be fired, and who cares about some dude we don't know

Right?  Who cares.  

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

I know we have our fun about Jeff/No Name/Sarah, but I do think it was mistake to do the sisters story without bringing Jeff in, or at least hearing something concrete about Liz talking to her actual, longtime, off-screen family members about this new sister they know nothing about.

As I said earlier, it rings false as hell that we've gone from Rebecca Budig snarling about Liz's bastard kids to her enthusing about how great a mom Liz is and we saw next-to-none of the steps taken to get there.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I struggle to remember why I ever liked him in the first place.

He calls Spencer a spoiled brat to his face and to everyone else. That's enough to keep me from completely disliking him.

• Love 13
9 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I couldn't possibly be more over Valentin. I struggle to remember why I ever liked him in the first place.

I've liked his sparse interactions with Alexis, that's about it.

• Love 5

If wee Spencer can climb out of that basement by stacking books then why can studdly, macho Sonny should be able  to use those barrels to get out of the hole that he was stuck in.

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I couldn't possibly be more over Valentin. I struggle to remember why I ever liked him in the first place.

He wasn't Sonny.

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

He calls Spencer a spoiled brat to his face and to everyone else. That's enough to keep me from completely disliking him.

I couldn't even enjoy that. He just annoys me on every level now.

14 minutes ago, rur said:

He wasn't Sonny.

Oh, right!

(edited)
50 minutes ago, LillyB said:

macho Sonny should be able  to use those barrels to get out of the hole that he was stuck in.

Yes, but he's got some sort of blood disorder where the blood doesn't flow from his body onto the ground beneath him, but rather, beads onto his pants.  

Edited by Perkie
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Perkie said:

Yes, but he's got some sort of blood disorder where the blood doesn't flow from his body onto the ground beneath him, but rather, beads onto his pants.  

And why did they put that near his crotch instead of on his outer thigh? Come on, you can't tell me everyone there just loves Sonny.

• Love 1
(edited)

In the past when Sonny took off to catch an enemy I always wondered why he didn't take a vest and backup with him. What is Max guarding if Sonny leaves? At least this time Sonny was wearing a vest, but not taking backup is just dumb and dangerous. Maybe Stone Cates will appear to Sonny and make that suggestion. Too bad Sonny hasn't heard about Robin's labor, but if he sees Ghost!Stone maybe he can relay the update that Robin has 2 kids now.

So Sam has a high fever and now convulsions, and not once has her maternal instinct manifested to make her ask "Where are Scout and Danny? Are thy safe?" Moreover, Jason's paternal instinct has not manifested to mention either of their kids to reassure Sam. Is Sam gonna become a wig on  stick? Did Jason call Alexis while the docs were examining and testing Sam?

The show wasted so much time teasing us about Spencer: would he blame Valentin with evidence or not? GF had some good lines, this time not over-acted. The kid bored me.

Liz is so smug about her touted parental skills.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL that Griffin was squeamish hearing about Tracy's worm brains. 

Especially since they were eating their lunches on an unmade hospital bed.  I thought that was gross (but maybe it's just because I just got out of the hospital and thought, "Ew, I hope no one ate ribs on my bed!").

• Love 2
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I know we have our fun about Jeff/No Name/Sarah, but I do think it was mistake to do the sisters story without bringing Jeff in, or at least hearing something concrete about Liz talking to her actual, longtime, off-screen family members about this new sister they know nothing about.

As I said earlier, it rings false as hell that we've gone from Rebecca Budig snarling about Liz's bastard kids to her enthusing about how great a mom Liz is and we saw next-to-none of the steps taken to get there.

SO MUCH THIS.  This Liz-Hayden stuff has been really poorly handled.  No mention of Jeff being in contact with any of his children, and no mention of Hayden maybe trying to get to know Sarah via Skye chats or e-mail. 

Liz *should* mention her brother Steven, i.e. "I wish I could talk to Steven privately about Hayden, and about my feelings for Franco, but he won't be out until 20--."  

Someone (maybe Jason?): "Franco and Steven are half-brothers, right? How does he feel about you dating Franco?" 

Liz: "It's a little awkward. Steven is ... trying to accept my relationship. He's concerned for me and my boys due to Franco's history.  He's not at all convinced by my assurances."

• Love 6

"Cats" is too pedestrian for Spencer and yet he's quoting "The Princess Bride" to Valentin?  Sit down with your 'hip' pop culture references, FV.  Just sit down.

Laura was looking at Spencer today with an "I'm too old for this" look on her face.  Can't wait til he's shipped off to boarding school again.

It's great that Sam's ~illness only makes her hallucinate that Sonny will hurt her or Jason.  No thoughts about the kids that she wanted so much.

How soon til Ghost!Stone appears to sing "climb every mountain" to Sonny so he can survive? 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

SO MUCH THIS.  This Liz-Hayden stuff has been really poorly handled.  No mention of Jeff being in contact with any of his children, and no mention of Hayden maybe trying to get to know Sarah via Skye chats or e-mail. 

Liz *should* mention her brother Steven, i.e. "I wish I could talk to Steven privately about Hayden, and about my feelings for Franco, but he won't be out until 20--."  

Someone (maybe Jason?): "Franco and Steven are half-brothers, right? How does he feel about you dating Franco?" 

Liz: "It's a little awkward. Steven is ... trying to accept my relationship. He's concerned for me and my boys due to Franco's history.  He's not at all convinced by my assurances."

This reminds me that Jason is cousin to Steven Lars and Franco. And Liz and Lucky (and Nikolas) are cousins, though not biologically related. Soaps!

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Perkie said:
8 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Oh my gosh, it went on and on and on.  I had to fast forward.  

Oh come on, this is a gripping story, the likes which hasn't been seen since Robin was stuck in a well.  I wonder if he'll see Stone and start talking to him?  Because that would be new and different. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Melgaypet said:

I think it's safe to say that Jason will end up saving Sam from her defective ladybrain and she will prostrate herself before Sonny to beg forgiveness. 

Oh, barf!!!

• Love 5
(edited)
18 hours ago, ulkis said:

When Jason said to unconscious Sam, "hey, it's gonna be okay", I wanted the lady from the Chew to pop up like this:

You were wrong to bring that back.

20 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Like Baby Jessica!

I'm been over Prince Diane swanning in to do her big Broadway howl and wail over Big Max and then go right back to stanning for Sonny and Jason for years. I don't find their 'relationship' in any way plausible.

Wait: Sonny is seriously leaving his territory to Max? Okay!

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Because he is good looking?! That's what I've come up with. It's too bad he's in the Michelle Stafford vortex. Ugh! I can't stand her mugging for the camera and all bug eyed. Apprently, she thinks that is acting.

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Wait: Sonny is seriously leaving his territory to Max? Okay!

Temporarily. If I were Max, I'd be insulted Sonny thought I was able to handle things only for the interim, and once the permanent boss comes in, I'm back to being a subordinate.

• Love 3

Who is the 'permanent boss' supposed to be? Why is this not a bigger story? Why does it seem tossed off? I mean, it'll all be irrelevant when Sonny goes back in or The Real Jason returns, but still. 

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And meanwhile, Sonny's plan to go legit is apparently to partner up with ELQ (?!?!?!).

Monica's response should be to kick both Sonny and Michael in the nuts if this happens.

• Love 12

I appreciate that Finn basically admitted that no, there's no good reason for Sam to have toxoplasmosis, but it's an infection that can be passed from mother to unborn child and that was reason enough for the writers. Gotta have both Sam AND Scout be in danger, because it's been five whole months since that last happened and we can't have the viewers become complacent.

So Jordan and Curtis are at the "return each other's keys and delete pics of each other" stage, which means it's probably a maximum of two weeks before they're fucking again. I hope Curtis can find a better friend than Hayden, who monopolizes 99% of every conversation with her own problems.

LOL that Carly ditched everything to run to be with Jason. Not saying she shouldn't in this case, but let's be real, she'd drop everything if Jason had so much as a hangnail.

"Dad made a lot of enemies; what if his past keeps showing up to haunt all of us?" That's literally what's been happening on this show for ages, Michael, do try to keep up. But thanks for stating the obvious and trying to sound introspective while doing so.

• Love 14

LOLOL! So Sam has a brain parasite called Taxoplas---let's called it SONNYHATE, because that's basically what it is.

I like Garvey. I *buy* that he's dangerous. I believe he hates Sonny. I laughed when he told Sonny to go to hell and all Sonny could do was look offended.  When Garvey grabbed Liz, I believed he was in pain, that he was scared and very close to snapping her neck. Why isn't HE taking over the mob?  He is WAY more believable as a mob boss and a force to be reckoned with than Sonny or Jason, combined, have EVER been.

So Scout is with Alexis and I guess Danny's with Monica? Sam and Jason DO NOT WORK. They have ZERO jobs to keep them occupied. So why are family members who've raised THEIR OWN babies being the ones saddled with Sam/Jason kids?  They're such lazy losers.

• Love 10

Was there an explanation I missed as to why Dr. Bensch wouldn't have caught on to what Sam was sick with?  Or is it a "Dr. Michael Easton is the John McBain of doctors" kinda thing?

This whole "Oh noes, Garvey!" thing is such a villain fail.  Now "General Hospital" can't even do mobsters right?

• Love 8
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

And meanwhile, Sonny's plan to go legit is apparently to partner up with ELQ (?!?!?!).

I'm sure the Quartermaines would love teaming up with AJ's killer. Is Undead Diego going to partner up with them, too?

• Love 2
(edited)

Good for Curtis for shutting down Stella bad-mouthing Jordan. Stella was awfully judgy-looking when Hayden told her she was pregnant. How is it any concern of hers? Ugh. And her smug, bitchy attitude toward Jordan when Jordan returned the keys was gross. Am I supposed to find Stella rootable in any way? I don't.

Oh, Michael. Going into business with Sonny will only lead to trouble. And yes, Sonny giving up his illegal businesses to keep his family safe is such a sacrifice. *rme*

16 minutes ago, Linny said:

"Dad made a lot of enemies; what if his past keeps showing up to haunt all of us?" That's literally what's been happening on this show for ages, Michael, do try to keep up. But thanks for stating the obvious and trying to sound introspective while doing so.

How many times has Michael already suffered because of Sonny's past? FFS.

Why does Sonny need to make a deal with Garvey? He should just leave Sonny in the pit and scram. Like he did.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 6