Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

If King Solomon told Nina and Lulu to split Charlotte in two, they'd probably just argue over which half they got.

Although really I'm on Lulu's side, but it's all annoying.

18 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I rolled my eyes at Lulu saying Charlotte will realize what a bad person Valentine is and reject him.  Yeah, cuz Sonny's kids all hate him.

Sonny is better than Valentin cause he has dimples.

• Love 6
(edited)
9 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

This whole story and relationship of Amy and Kristina developed off screen. So the Show must have a policy that same sex relationships whether male or female happen off screen. How much do you want to bet that the Kristina and Amy relationship was written in because people were asking why we never got to see events in the relationship of Brad and Lucas?

It feels bizarre to me that we don't know how Kristina and Amy met and got involved. I guess the show has left some wriggle room that they are just compatible roommates saving on the rent money--Kristina was emphasizing today how she is economizing to pay for college all by herself. It's confusing though--didn't we just hear that Amy had a major crush on Dillon in high school recently?

Yeah, I don't think we're supposed to think Kristina and Amy 2.0 are a couple.  I'm wondering if they're going to scrap over Nathan, given Amy 2.0 stole that picture of him with Maxie and tore Maxie out of it and Kristina had that recent chem test scene with him.

But agreed, putting them together off-screen - even as roommates - is such narrative weak sauce.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
(edited)

The Anna/NotAnna  chimera arguments are sooooo boring and unworthy of Anna. I get that she is pretending an interest in Valentin to find out who bought the chimera project, but it is very embarrassing to see Valentin annoyed at her stalking, pressuring, and cross-examinations. Anna/NotAnna puts on airs of being at least 30 years younger than her real age. She flirts so hard and it is soooo embarrassing to see her make a fool of herself. Don't run after any man for any reason, Girl. 

I have a feeling that the lady attorney for Carly is going to get smashed between them, her flourishing career ground up to tiny bits and ruined.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd

Where is strong, smart SpyAnna?

If Kristina and Amy were in a relationship, wouldn't she have called Amy her partner rather than her roommate?  Or maybe I'm just wishful thinking because as bad as Kristina and Amy fighting over Nathan is going to be, it would be much worse if Amy and Kristina were in a relationship themselves.

I have the feeling that Kristina only brought up her trust fund so that Sonny can browbeat Carly over it.

So someone observed that Bobbie is a "mama bear" toward Carly? Carly's as mean as a snake, and she doesn't need a Mama Bear. I don't buy her self-righteousness and smug power plays.

She won't get the better of Sonny, who has ALL the nasty moves in his playbook. When he wins, Carly will try to high-tail it to Jax, and I hope he and daughter Joss turn her down flat. Somehow, Carly always has the gumption and fire to fight back. I want to see her depressed with the wind taken out of her sails, perhaps having electroshock and a nervous breakdown.

46 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I mean, Carly sitting around writing mournfully in a journal? 

Also, this isn't their first divorce.  Why are they behaving like it is.  

44 minutes ago, Linny said:

yet somehow in that small timeframe Franco got from the hospital to Greece

Well, at least it's dark over there, as it should be since it's daylight over here.  Although, that could also be so that we can't see how bad the set design is.  

35 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Also to Kristina for wanting to pay her education herself.

That was totally passive aggressive on her part.  "I can pay for myself. Or you know, not go back for another year".  Of course he's going to say, no no I'll pay for it.  

37 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I rolled my eyes at Lulu saying Charlotte will realize what a bad person Valentine is and reject him.  Yeah, cuz Sonny's kids all hate him.

Yes but Sonny is the greatest dad that ever greated in the history of great dads.  Valentin can't possibly hold a candle to all that greatness.  Besides, once Charlotte meets Sonny, I'm sure she'll reject Valentin because he isnt' the greatest and want Sonny to adopt her.  Since he's the greatest.  

• Love 8

Firstly I thought "Amy 2.0" was just the forum name for the snoopy, nosy nurse.  It just dawned on my today that they really named her Amy, that seems weird.  (I know she has been on the show for a while but I wasn't paying attention I guess). Secondly, Kristina and Amy whaaaat???  Glad to read I didn't miss actual plot development that was shown on the show.  It seemed to me they were really writing it ambiguously, why wouldn't Krissy just call her "my roommate". 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Vella said:

I have to laugh at basically everyone siding with Sonny in the divorce, basically chiding Carly to give back his stuff and play nice.  What is the point of her lawyer? Why is this stupid woman still in town? There is NO reason to not fess up to Carly.

It seems to me that now would be the perfect time for Carly's lawyer to track Ava down and agree to take whatever case Ava was interested in talking to her about. That'd create a nice, soapy Mexican standoff, and pretty much neutralize Sonny. 

58 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Also, this isn't their first divorce.  Why are they behaving like it is.  

I did laugh when Carly explained about writing the journal of her marriages and Bobby asked if she meant all of them or just the last one. 

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Although really I'm on Lulu's side, but it's all annoying.

I can't be on anyone's side, because everyone involved is annoying and treating Charlotte like a prize. Poor Kevin. He really doesn't want to be dragged into the Charlotte mess. I feel you, Doc. Lulu can't leave well enough alone. (Side note: When does ER go on maternity leave? She looks like she's going to give birth tomorrow. Or is it because she's so tiny?)

Ugh, Sonny was so condescending toward Martina. That's not news, of course, but it was so, so gross. And Martina sucks for caving. Tell Carly what you and Sonny did and move on. 

Zzzzz to Valentine and Alex/Anna. At least he didn't cry.

The handheld camera nonsense they used for the Cassadine Island scenes were hilariously overwrought.

Since when does a university bill you after you've taken classes?

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

When does ER go on maternity leave

I thought I read that she was due in June.  And the show tapes about 6 weeks before it airs, so what were seeing now would have been shot around the beginning of April, I think

• Love 2

Why Why WHY does Freako have to be in the Jason/Greece chimera scarecrow storyline? He doesn't have any PI experience, right? He's not related to Jake. Rumor hath it that he has a thing for Jason, so that must be it.

• Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Why Why WHY does Freako have to be in the Jason/Greece chimera scarecrow storyline? He doesn't have any PI experience, right? He's not related to Jake. Rumor hath it that he has a thing for Jason, so that must be it.

I think this is Franco's next "redemption story," and this time, it is with Jason, so that after Franco helps him figure out Jake's past, Jason will tolerate him being in Jake's orbit. 

Edited by General Days
Franco does not equal Jason.
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Franco/RoHo is a huge star and that means he will eat every fucking story (see Elizabeth/BH's 20 year history) and we will love him no matter what!  RME....

• Love 2

Lulu has ONE good visit with Charlotte and decides to push it by going to Nina and wanting to take the kid out of town overnight?  What an idiot.  Literally, give her an IQ test because she's clearly not very bright.  At the very least, wait for a couple more visits and then petition the court about this.   But, nah, let's go to the kid's stepmother--then act like "oh, I should talk to Valentin"--THEN lose your shit when stepmother does exactly what she's been doing all along.  Good job, Lulu. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Perkie said:

I thought I read that she was due in June.  And the show tapes about 6 weeks before it airs, so what were seeing now would have been shot around the beginning of April, I think

The show usually tapes about 4-3 weeks ahead. I think maybe 6 once in a while, but the average is 4-3.

(edited)
On 5/8/2017 at 3:29 PM, IWantCandy71 said:

Here's my problem: in order for me to feel sorry for Brad, you have to make Brad somewhat rootable or likeable. He's neither. I enjoyed him with Britt because they were entertaining, but Brad has always been scummy. He stopped doing scummy things because of Lucas, but his inner core never changed.

I've never denied he was left out of the loop and sort of messed around by Finn. Finn IS arrogant, and the way he handled the whole thing with just selling the proceeds and handing them to the hospital without consulting Brad, was wrong. But in the moment, he didn't exactly have time to call Brad or have Brad paged to say "is this okay?" I guess Finn thought logically, that Brad would be grateful that the money was used to keep the hospital open. Brad is obviously not grateful about that,  so that bad character judgement is all on Finn. Still-Finn should have been shown as making an effort to explain it all to Brad. Finn also shouldn't  have laughed in Brad's face. And I don't remember a moment when Brad was told onscreen what Finn did to save the hospital. He may have learned offscreen-I think we are supposed to assume so, anyway.

In the end though-it doesn't matter, because nothing Finn did, justifies Brad's actions in conspiring with Dr O to make Finn look like he's still using. Brad is wrong-even if I can sympathize with his jealousy over Finn and his anger over expecting a payout and not getting it. Finn is also wrong in that he's been dismissive, rude and snide to Brad. It would be nice if both men realized they were wrong and owned up to it, and worked together to bring down Dr O instead of the other way around. Do something unpredictable for once, show.

And stop making characters woobies. I like Finn as he is-and out of Finn, Lucas, Brad and Griffin, Finn has the most personality in the room. You don't have to make him a victim all the time. Those that like him already, don't need to see it, and those that don't like him by now, aren't going to. Going the "poor Finn" route every other week is pointless.

As Finn didn't do any of those things,like you said, so as wrong as Brad is and probably will be, if Brad doesn't assault Finn severely, I am not going to feel too sorry Finn for whatever Brad dishes out. Did Finn have to donate both his and Brad's shares of the profits? I am thinking no since the Qs were still putting up money to save the hospital. If he didn't have enough time to ask Brad to donate his cut of the profits, than he is only entitled to donate his portion, which I am guessing is still substantial. So Finn will probably have a great deal of power (he already has a great deal of leeway) and Brad won't warrant a seat on the Hospital Board. 

If I have to take my pick of characters, I think that Brad is the more interesting character than Finn and Perry Shen is the more engaged actor (of course Brad might benefit from Perry Shen's acting).FV was bending over to reintegrate Michael Easton for the third (forth if you count Stephen Clay) into the canvas and you see Brad once in a blue moon, so it isn't surprising that Finn seems to be more fleshed out.  Mind you I am not a Lucas/Brad shipper and the show never bothered to tell a convincing story why Lucas would pursue a relationship with Brad, let alone marry him after a short time. But I have the opposite reaction. The reason why a amoral character like Brad is working for me now is precisely because he does have a sympathetic position despite the fact he is a selfish jerk to his core. It also doesn't help Finn that Brad hasn't done a thing to Finn that warranted Finn stealing Brad's cut nor does his behavior to Brad afterwards. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 4

My iPad won't let me quote tonight so this is directed at Cheyanne11.  I'm pretty sure Lulu was talking about a recent visit with Charlotte.  I think they've been doing the weekly visits in off screen GH.  

• Love 1
(edited)

My poor Kevin didn't get to speak much today - is it too much to ask for that he and Laura are allowed their own story and their own relationship outside of constantly watching out for Lulu in regards to this Charlotte drama? - but he advised Lulu to not try to manipulate Charlotte against her father. But it's perfectly normal and not at all a concern for family court if Valentin manipulated Charlotte for months if not years against her mother?

Nina is certifiable. She was the one to escalate the argument with Lulu and she is so willing to fight to the death for Valentin that she simply has to think the worst about Lulu and her motives. It doesn't make it any more true that Lulu only sees Charlotte as a possession the more times you say it, Nina. Telling Lulu that Charlotte hasn't expressed wishes to spend more time with her - why would Charlotte express that to people she can tell dislike Lulu? The poor child was confused enough after that first visit with Lulu because she had fun and liked Lulu.

I'll bet the first thing Nina does now is suggest to Valentin that they take Charlotte to that little children's play/festival/whatever down in Buffalo that Lulu wanted to take her and Rocco to, just to spite and one-up Lulu.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 4

I got the impression that Kevin warned Lulu against trying to manipulate Charlotte for Lulu's sake lest she overplay her hand and lost all access to Charlotte.

6 hours ago, rur said:

It seems to me that now would be the perfect time for Carly's lawyer to track Ava down and agree to take whatever case Ava was interested in talking to her about. That'd create a nice, soapy Mexican standoff, and pretty much neutralize Sonny.

If I were Martina I'd do it just for revenge against Sonny for trying to manipulate me.  But then, I've never experienced his magic penis.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

As Finn didn't do any of those things,like you said, so as wrong as Brad is and probably will be, if Brad doesn't assault Finn severely, I am not going to feel too sorry Finn for whatever Brad dishes out. Did Finn have to donate both his and Brad's shares of the profits? I am thinking no since the Qs were still putting up money to save the hospital. If he didn't have enough time to ask Brad to donate his cut of the profits, than he is only entitled to donate his portion, which I am guessing is still substantial. So Finn will probably have a great deal of power (he already has a great deal of leeway) and Brad won't warrant a seat on the Hospital Board. 

If I have to take my pick of characters, I think that Brad is the more interesting character than Finn and Perry Shen is the more engaged actor (of course Brad might benefit from Perry Shen's acting).FV was bending over to reintegrate Michael Easton for the third (forth if you count Stephen Clay) into the canvas and you see Brad once in a blue moon, so it isn't surprising that Finn seems to be more fleshed out.  Mind you I am not a Lucas/Brad shipper and the show never bothered to tell a convincing story why Lucas would pursue a relationship with Brad, let alone marry him after a short time. But I have the opposite reaction. The reason why a amoral character like Brad is working for me now is precisely because he does have a sympathetic position despite the fact he is a selfish jerk to his core. It also doesn't help Finn that Brad hasn't done a thing to Finn that warranted Finn stealing Brad's cut nor does his behavior to Brad afterwards. 

You know what? I think setting up a newly recovering addict with multiple fake false-positives is a far more nasty attack than a physical assault. I'm sure Finn would rather be punched.

I like Perry Shen, a lot. I want Brad to stay on the canvas. I also think what he's doing is despicable, and I hope he is outed and fired or suspended from the hospital.

I disagree that Shen is more engaged. Easton is a good actor and has done a decent job, considering how the writing staff (and legal issues) have affected the characters he plays.

I see nearly nothing sympathetic about Brad's position. He's betraying the trust of his employer (and not for the first time, hello Maxie's pregnancy) to ruin someone forever, over money that person donated to help keep everyone in the hospital employed.

Yeah, the storyline is garbage, and right now? Brad is, too. 

• Love 5
(edited)
9 hours ago, Perkie said:

That was totally passive aggressive on her part.  "I can pay for myself. Or you know, not go back for another year".  Of course he's going to say, no no I'll pay for it.  

Yes but Sonny is the greatest dad that ever greated in the history of great dads.  Valentin can't possibly hold a candle to all that greatness.  Besides, once Charlotte meets Sonny, I'm sure she'll reject Valentin because he isnt' the greatest and want Sonny to adopt her.  Since he's the greatest.  

That bs with Kristina was laughable.  Most college students don't expect their parents to actually pay for their higher education. That is why we have a shit ton of student loan debt to pay off. Kristina is supposed to be a big girl now. Her parents should not be getting her bills. SHE SHOULD. If her parents are fortunate enough to help her out, then great. All of the paperwork should all have Kristina Corinthos Davis on it. Not To the Parents of.

2 hours ago, LexieLily said:

My poor Kevin didn't get to speak much today - is it too much to ask for that he and Laura are allowed their own story and their own relationship outside of constantly watching out for Lulu in regards to this Charlotte drama? - but he advised Lulu to not try to manipulate Charlotte against her father. But it's perfectly normal and not at all a concern for family court if Valentin manipulated Charlotte for months if not years against her mother?

Nina is certifiable. She was the one to escalate the argument with Lulu and she is so willing to fight to the death for Valentin that she simply has to think the worst about Lulu and her motives. It doesn't make it any more true that Lulu only sees Charlotte as a possession the more times you say it, Nina. Telling Lulu that Charlotte hasn't expressed wishes to spend more time with her - why would Charlotte express that to people she can tell dislike Lulu? The poor child was confused enough after that first visit with Lulu because she had fun and liked Lulu.

I'll bet the first thing Nina does now is suggest to Valentin that they take Charlotte to that little children's play/festival/whatever down in Buffalo that Lulu wanted to take her and Rocco to, just to spite and one-up Lulu.

Poor Kevin is right. To be stuck with a still wacked out Lulu. Any therapist will tell you that it is a monumentally bad idea to ever bad mouth your child's other parent. In the end you are really hurting the child. So there is no turning Charlotte.  She is not a prize. She is a small girl who has only been seen as adoring her very loving father. To try to convince her that her father is an evil bad person is cruel and pretty horrific.  No matter what, Valentin is her father. And to tell a child that half of her is bad, can really screw a person up. Something Lulu should have some perspective about. Since we had to hear her whine about the craziness in her Mother's and Grandmother's histories for years.

And when have we seen Nina bad mouth Lulu to Charlotte? Or Valentin? Lulu has only lost her temper damn near every time SHE BRINGS UP CHARLOTTE to Nina. But Nina is the bad person here? 

Lulu needs to get a brain and do everything be the book. Do her work with her new relationship with Charlotte. Any requests should be through lawyers. She knows that she can't handle being around Nina or Valentin without wigging out.

Too bad Nina and Tree were wasted today.  It would've a great chance for Nina to point out that she sees Valentin in the same light as she sees her father. A man who loves his daughter. It would be a nice backstory to hear Nina and Tree talk about the man. Nina seems to have had a pretty wonderful relationship with the man. It would be interesting to hear Tree talk about him. He was 10 or so when Nina went into her coma.

Nice Maxie news drop. Nina loves her baby bro so much that she was willing to rehire his dumb betraying wife back to make him happy. And Maxie announces that she ain't coming back to PC anytime soon. Which was news to her new husband. Jeez, Maxie, how dumb of a move is that? Like Nina couldn't be in contact with your husband and perhaps ask him if he thought you would be okay with coming back to Crimson?  Instead you just tell Nina(your sister in law) that you aren't prepared to comeback to PC anytime soon. Without even a heads up to your hubby.

Edited by stlbf
  • Love 1
On 5/7/2017 at 10:42 PM, In2You said:

Actually if you watch the other soaps  outside of B&B it's the same way and was the same way for some of the canceled soaps. They never passed the torch to the younger characters

I guess in the past they used to.  I've been watching some foreign soaps, and they definitely do it.   Surprised at B & B since whenever I watched it, it was about Brooke no matter how old she got.

On 5/8/2017 at 9:37 PM, Lillybee said:

Michael is a dam fool. He should be realizing that what Snarly and Sonny are doing to Avery is the exact same thing that they did to him; keeping children away from their bio parent.

This is so true!  Maybe it's normal to Michael.  

• Love 2
7 hours ago, General Days said:

You know what? I think setting up a newly recovering addict with multiple fake false-positives is a far more nasty attack than a physical assault. I'm sure Finn would rather be punched.

I don't care what Silas McFinn would prefer. I don't care about Dr. Michael Easton. I don't care about his sadz or his crippling illness or his dead wife or his addiction. The only interesting things about him were his friendship with Tracy and his lizard and they've both disappeared. It's been one manipulative sympathy play after another and since he was arrogantly practicing medicine while high as a kite for months and received less than a slap on the wrist for endangering patients and stealing drugs, the idea that Brad  is the big bad here can go fuck itself to death.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

It's been one manipulative sympathy play after another and since he was arrogantly practicing medicine while high as a kite for months and received less than a slap on the wrist for endangering patients and stealing drugs, the idea that Brad  is the big bad here can go fuck itself to death.

Your whole post is perfection, but I want to shoot this part in particular in the head while it's giving birth.

Of course Brad tampering with Finn's results is a completely shitty thing to do, but considering the only reason the show had him do it is make us feel sorry for ME's 500th shot at working as a character I don't really give a single fuck how bad it is.

As for Lulu vs. Nina/Valentin, I don't care, I am 100% on Lulu's side. Nina came off much worse to me in their argument. Like bitch you ain't shit to Charlotte so shut the fuck up. I think going about this story this way was such a mistake. I mean even having Charlotte be Lulu's is stupid and a mistake, but the way they've gone about it just made it so much worse.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, General Days said:

He's [Brad's] betraying the trust of his employer

You know who else betrayed the trust of their employer?  Dr. Michael Easton, who spent months practicing medicine while on drugs and stealing drugs from the hospital.  And he barely got a slap on the wrist, he's not even done with rehab and he's already back working at the hospital.

Of course, I'm not sure I've said specifically, what Brad is doing is shitty.  But this whole story is such a transparent attempt to paint Dr. Michael Easton as a victim, it's hard to hold it against him.

• Love 10
20 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

As for Lulu vs. Nina/Valentin, I don't care, I am 100% on Lulu's side. Nina came off much worse to me in their argument. Like bitch you ain't shit to Charlotte so shut the fuck up. I think going about this story this way was such a mistake. I mean even having Charlotte be Lulu's is stupid and a mistake, but the way they've gone about it just made it so much worse.

We aren't supposed to feel bad for Nina that her sham of a marriage is self-destructing, are we? Because all I see is a woman so desperate to hang on to a man that doesn't and possibly never did love her just so she can lay claim to a child that isn't hers.

• Love 3
Just now, LexieLily said:

We aren't supposed to feel bad for Nina that her sham of a marriage is self-destructing, are we? 

I don't really know. I feel like we are though. I mean Nina is one of the faves so I just assume we're supposed to be on her side. And honestly I don't hate Nina. I really never have. Sometimes I even like her. And I think there's potential for her. But what they're doing sucks. TPTB are just horrible storytellers.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

I don't care what Silas McFinn would prefer. I don't care about Dr. Michael Easton. I don't care about his sadz or his crippling illness or his dead wife or his addiction. The only interesting things about him were his friendship with Tracy and his lizard and they've both disappeared. It's been one manipulative sympathy play after another and since he was arrogantly practicing medicine while high as a kite for months and received less than a slap on the wrist for endangering patients and stealing drugs, the idea that Brad  is the big bad here can go fuck itself to death.

To me, the idea isn't that Bard is the big bad. It's that he's behaving like an ill-intentioned toddler, with no regard for his professional responsibilities -- and? He's doing it sober. You're a big boy, Brad. If you're ripped off in a business deal, retain a lawyer and sue the colleague who betrayed you, or report it to H.R. (did he do that, I can't remember?). That's what adults do. Don't set him to look like he's still using when he's not. That's a middle school mean girls' play.

I'm trying to remember, did they show Finn practicing when he was high as a kite? They showed him practicing when he was using (which is illegal, immoral, and unethical -- I'm not trying to suggest otherwise), but I don't remember him being out of it, while caring for patients. That said, I do recall him treating patients while experiencing withdrawal, which is also terrible. Then again, I don't think this storyline has been good, so I haven't paid close attention. 

1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

You know who else betrayed the trust of their employer?  Dr. Michael Easton, who spent months practicing medicine while on drugs and stealing drugs from the hospital.  And he barely got a slap on the wrist, he's not even done with rehab and he's already back working at the hospital.

Of course, I'm not sure I've said specifically, what Brad is doing is shitty.  But this whole story is such a transparent attempt to paint Dr. Michael Easton as a victim, it's hard to hold it against him.

Finn absolutely betrayed his employer's trust. And once he was sober, he went to Monica to confess. He's not the first doctor (fictional or real) to practice under the influence. I'm pretty sure Alan was practicing at the height of his Oxy addiction. I think I was on a break with the show when Monica's alcoholism storyline was at its height, so I don't know/remember what she's done.

The Alexis alcoholism story wasn't even played out when they reheated the Finn Zen Zen story. It's all so bad, even the timing of it. 

• Love 3
(edited)
9 minutes ago, General Days said:

He's [Dr. Michael Easton] not the first doctor (fictional or real) to practice under the influence.

I think the difference is that we knew Alan and we knew Monica before their addictions.  But from day one, Dr. Michael Easton has been defined by his drug use, and the illness that necessitated said drug use.  Why should we care?

To be fair, I've never thought Michael Easton (the actor) was all that and a bag of chips so it'd be hard to win me over anyway.  And I did think he did a decent job in the beginning with Dr. Michael Easton's quirks, and there was chemistry with him and Rebecca Budig.  But now, we're right back to smug John McBain "I've been falsely accused!" territory and I am sooo sick of it.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
(edited)

Brad actually doesn't have any legal recourse. There was nothing in writing and he broke both hospital rules and probably the law while helping Dr. Michael Easton with the formula and when saving his and Hayden's lives. And it wouldn't matter anyway, a legal agreement to do something illegal would be void (or voidable, I don't remember). The lack of recourse and Dr. Michael Easton's smug and shitty attitude about it placed me solidly in Brad's corner.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 5
(edited)

No this trash show did not have Queen Helena Cassadine say she ENVIED Sonny Corinthos anything, let alone Jason's murdering ass.

#rageembolism

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 12

So now we know why Freako was there in Greece with Jason: to hit him and knock him out so that Freako could chain him up and mock him a la Helena. Watching a person in chains being beaten to a pulp is not my idea of a decent soap story. Add a child watching the vicious beating, and the whole scenario becomes outright weird and inappropriate. What a sick joke on the viewers.

• Love 2

Ever since they started idolizing Sonny and Jason instead of the campy times of Mikos, this show has been sick and warped.

Oh Helena!  I've missed you and your evil ways.  I'm no fan of Jason's so I have no problem with Franco's Memory Retrieval Technique. Super nasty of Jason to leave Franco tied up alone and just walk away but Jason Morgan is no good guy and never was.

Liz is really an unsympathetic parent.  Why is she withholding the presents from her kid?  It's past his birthday, he should be allowed to open them instead of being on show for the adults who show up to his party. And then because he shows a normal emotion, she threatens him with losing screen time.  Of course the one present she allows Jake is the one that was going to terrorize him.

6 hours ago, Kim0820 said:

This is so true!  Maybe it's normal to Michael.  

That could explain why he's not protecting Joss and Avery from the toxicity of his childhood.

Everything that happened in the Cassadine Island flashbacks infuriated me.  Jason and Helena were popsicles, NONE OF THIS COULD HAVE HAPPENED!!!

And this chimera stuff is sooo second-hand embarrassing.

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

No this trash show did not have Queen Helena Cassadine say she ENVIED Sonny Corinthos anything, let alone Jason's murdering ass.

#rageembolism

Fuck, I know. I was so pleased to see Helena, and then she ruined it with that line. Helena Cassadine trumps Sonny Corinthos in every way possible.

Oh, sure, Franco, locking Jason up and hitting him was a purely altruistic act that you didn't enjoy at all. Please miss me with that bullshit. I kind of loved that Jason dealt with Franco by essentially putting him in a corner for a time out so he could think about what he'd done. Franco acts like a child so it's appropriate he be treated like one.

So who sent Helena's thug out for delivery with the gift? Did she plan everything super far in advance in a Google doc and share it with her minions so they could complete her vision?

• Love 4
(edited)
7 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Everything that happened in the Cassadine Island flashbacks infuriated me.  Jason and Helena were popsicles, NONE OF THIS COULD HAVE HAPPENED!!!

It's the most asinine retcon ever in the history of Daytime TV.*

*The hyperbole is necessary, leave me alone. 

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 13

Super nasty of Jason to leave Franco tied up alone and just walk away 

I hope he dies of exposure or dehydration or jackals - I'm not picky.

Just now, HeatLifer said:

It's the most asisnine retcon ever in the history of Daytime TV.*

*The hyperbole is necessary, leave me alone. 

And it's not even in service of a good story, none of their retcons are

• Love 11
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

And it's not even in service of a good story, none of their retcons are

Yep. And the actors involved do absolutely nothing for me. Sorry to say, that includes CT. Helena needs to be long gone. Her schtick is tired.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 5
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Linny said:

So who sent Helena's thug out for delivery with the gift?

Meanwhile, I flinched when Spencer was used as cover for the gift. 

Also, are Jake's brothers not coming to his birthday party?  LET CAMERON AND AIDEN OUT OF THE ATTIC, LIZ!!!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
29 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Also, are Jake's brothers not coming to his birthday party?  LET CAMERON AND AIDEN OUT OF THE ATTIC, LIZ!!!

Now that Jake's got the magic set and has probably been prompted by some kind of post-hypnotic suggestion to become a Helena minion, it's probably best that Cal and Aron aren't around. 

• Love 6

LOL at the return of Hunchback!Valentin. And in a transaction with Helena, to boot. 

47 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Liz is really an unsympathetic parent.  Why is she withholding the presents from her kid?  It's past his birthday, he should be allowed to open them instead of being on show for the adults who show up to his party. And then because he shows a normal emotion, she threatens him with losing screen time.  Of course the one present she allows Jake is the one that was going to terrorize him.

Eh, Jake is the one who wanted Jason there. I don't think Elizabeth is wrong to hold him to that. And it's not her fault Helena can control things from the grave. I love that the delivery guy was the same minion who beat up Jason.

Shut up, Valerie. There's nothing wrong with drinking alone. So happy to see André totally shutting her down. So disappointed (but sadly, not surprised) to see Valerie acting like a peevish teenager to Jordan.

18 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

I thought we already established that Achilles and Cadmus are spending time with their father

I thought Anubis and Charon were already at summer camp.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Liz is really an unsympathetic parent.  Why is she withholding the presents from her kid?

I love Liz, but why not put the presents away in a closet so out of sight out of mind.  seemed rather cruel to the poor kid to leave them sitting there, then tell him that he can't touch them, much less open them.  

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And this chimera stuff is sooo second-hand embarrassing.

JUST THAT?! :p About the only thing that wasn't making me cringe was Nina and Nathan, and even that started to get weird when MSt started to do her usual huffing and Valentin started to get pouty about Nina leaving.

Which, why doesn't Nathan GO to his wife? If anyone is making it seem like the spouse isn't enough for them, it's him, not Maxie.

I usually don't say it, cause it's redundant, but that was a particularly bad episode. (And you can tell by the comments here, I think.) The park in and of itself renders a scene embarrassing. 

And Kiki being Liz's best friend is something.

This whole chimera thing reminds me of when they used to say "proteus" on All My Children a bajillion times.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, ulkis said:

why doesn't Nathan GO to his wife? If anyone is making it seem like the spouse isn't enough for them, it's him, not Maxie.

Ugh, I know. Take some vacation time and go out to Portland. Talk things over with Maxie in person. Why is all the blame on her? (Rhetorical.)

11 minutes ago, ulkis said:

The park in and of itself renders a scene embarrassing. 

The scenes with Michael/Nelle/Ava/Charlotte/Avery worked pretty well, but in general, definitely.

• Love 2