Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I understand that there can be no villain on this show without someone behind them pulling the strings, but I cannot believe they have Ava and Julian prancing around doing OurBoss's bidding like whatever. Really, she's gonna take time out of her day to poison Michael? We all know that's not going to happen so what is the point of all this?

It's simply because Ron's enjoying his "jokes."  Just take a look at his twitter.  From "It's like you cooked him his last meal" to "What are you waiting for? Dig in," it's not hard to see that Ron thinks that this whole scenario is utterly delicious (pun possibly intended).  It's like he's imagining the whole dinner to be his own version of Arsenic and Old Lace.  In other words, he's in love with his own writing and his own wit, and this is the product thereof.  There truly is no other point.

• Love 3
The smartest person was murdered.

At first I thought you meant Connie (since her murder started this story), and I was thinking, "Huh? She couldn't write out three letters to indicate her killer."

AJ knew, he just let people mess with his psyche. That's something that's never been explored, but should have been.

AJ was always too sensitive to what people thought about him. It was one of the things that really irritated me. I understand where it came from, but I still hated it.

Where did Ava get the poison, since she's confined to her apartment?

Toxins R Us. They have a great delivery service.

I cannot stomach another baby/long-lost baby story but I fear we have at least two or three more coming.

These are the top two stories on Ron's "Soap Plots for Dummies" list.

• Love 2

I haven't had any use for Ava in awhile now, but if this is what she's going to be reduced to then I'm REALLY ready for her to go. 

Liz, Nik, and Britt can leave at any time now. 

Coleman is better than at least 50% of the people on the show. 

Would it have been wrong if Lulu had shot Levi and risked him shooting Maxie?

• Love 1

Since Ron insisted that Fluke is really just "The Boss" with no name, I'm going to start calling him BS for Bruce Springsteen, b/c at this point the whole "story of Fluke" is BS.

It works perfectly BS told Ava to do some BS and so she did.

• Love 1

If this deadly poison doesn't turn out to be iocaine powder I'm going to be bitterly disappointed.

The kidnapping of Lulu and Maxie is rather Princess Bride-esque. Except even Wallace Shawn managed to more intimidating than these clods (one of whom has totally given up on attempting an American accent.)

(who, BTW, has long since worn out her welcome, thanks, Michelle Stafford, for always taking it to 11)

Why don't the directors stop her from whispering everything twice? It's ridiculous.

I still can't believe how stupid they have made Michael in this to make this work.  AJ told him that someone else was there the night he supposedly killed Connie.  Sonny told Michael that Ava said AJ wasn't sorry about killing Connie which Michael told him was a lie and they have never had Michael put two and two together with AJ being found shot in Ava's penthouse.  The stupidity that is involved to make these stories work is so annoying.

Hmm, I can buy that he didn't figure it out. I think Michael thinks even Sonny would admit it if he did something that huge. Plus it's not like Michael was ever this huge brain trust in the first place.

Now Anna not being able to figure out a plastic mask, or Lante not putting two and two together about Ben, or the WHOLE TOWN not realizing AJ = Ava Jerome . . . . that stupidity burns.

Anyways. I predict a dying Ava will confess all to Morgan or Kiki or both at the same time. And they won't tell Michael right away for whatever reason.

Edited by ulkis

Coleman was awesome, but sucks that he's now in jail. What a waste.

So I guess Levi's partner is now dead in the cabin? When is that asshole going to get a bullet in him?

Ned's comment about Monica was hilarious. I like him and Olivia, which means Ron will fuck them up.

Liz, shut up. You were sleeping with Ric recently and didn't even mourn him until you went after Nik again. This triangle is horrid.

Why doesn't someone kill Fluke again? This makes no sense.

Edited by twoods
  • Love 2

Ron wishes he could write something a tenth as good as Arsenic & Old Lace.

I just want to see Coleman. Are his scenes worth tuning in for today?

Ha! And No. It took me a moment to realize the guy was Coleman, due to the short haircut. He shook hands with Ned, broke the news of the Levi/Maxie wedding/kidnapping/shooting drama to Olivia and Ned, and finally had Dante and then Olivia yelling at, then threatening him. He said he never intended/thought anyone would get hurt (and didn't think Felicia losing her jewelry was a big deal because she didn't wear it anyway).

I would start a kick starter fund to get SK back for that story.

Can you imagine the looks on Carly/Sonny's faces?

Ugh, why is it Jason thats coming back and not A.J? Who cares about that dullard hit man on steroids? (sorry, just not a fan of the character)

Edited by Bawoman
  • Love 4
Ugh, why is it Jason thats coming back and not A.J? Who cares about that dullard hit man on steroids? (sorry, just not a fan of the character)

Don't get me started.  I hate how AJ seems to be a non-entity no matter who TIIC are.  I do not get how no one sees any value in the character.  It really drives me nuts.

• Love 5

Glad for that PSA about PG-13 movies. WTH? And love that Julian and Ava had a thrilling discussion of grocery shopping. I don't think anyone kids themselves that soaps are like RL so we don't really need to waste time on the mundane, we already get multiple recaps of previous episodes from just days ago.

I'm beginning to see what ya'll mean about Sonny, the PCPD and Lulu's own husband had bubkis until Sonny gets involved and presto crime solved.RME

Isn't Ava like a multiple shooter hitman? Suddenly she has morals and remorse about killing someone? GMAB

And I still don't get how poisoning Michael would be subtle, hate to break it to her but when a young healthy man dies of heart failure red flags will be flown.

Edited by Cattitude

Wait, what? Now Ron has to ruin Coleman, too?! Where will it end? When? This sucks. Now I'm depressed.

Ron was probably tired of people on Twitter asking where Coleman was, why Mac was running the bar in his place, etc.  As always with Ron, be careful what you wish for.

Coleman? Really? That's such a reach. Aren't he and Mac good friends?

I wouldn't be upset if KiKi accidentally gets the laced mousse instead of Michael. (Not a spoiler, just a wish.)

• Love 1

If Lulu had any brains at all, she would've shot Levi and Fake ICE Guy, then she and Maxie could've escaped.  Shame that the wimmins are portrayed as being helpless on this show.  I know it's nothing new, but still...they had a golden opportunity to get away, but they didn't.

It was nice to see Coleman again, but Ron, he was so not needed in this craptastic story.

Is it wrong that I hope Ava poisons either herself or her pointless daughter instead?

• Love 2

It's simply because Ron's enjoying his "jokes."  Just take a look at his twitter.  From "It's like you cooked him his last meal" to "What are you waiting for? Dig in," it's not hard to see that Ron thinks that this whole scenario is utterly delicious (pun possibly intended).

I think I've said this before, but there is something really off-putting about Ron's use of Twitter.  Promoting the show is one thing that a lot of writers and showrunners do.  But quoting your own show repeatedly (and every day, which I don't think he used to do) and chuckling at the brilliance?  Bizarre, no?

• Love 5

I am a big fan of movie lore and I appreciate the mention of Gremlins and Patrick Swayze, but that endless Ned/Olivia conversation made me feel a lot better about that one time on OLTL when Jeffrey gave Viki the capsule biography of Ezra Klein, and wound it up by saying she should hire him because he's just like Ezra Klein.

I think I've said this before, but there is something really off-putting about Ron's use of Twitter.  Promoting the show is one thing that a lot of writers and showrunners do.  But quoting your own show repeatedly (and every day, which I don't think he used to do) and chuckling at the brilliance?  Bizarre, no?

It is seriously obnoxious.

• Love 1

Wait, so Coleman was behind Levi targeting Maxie and Felicia?  Whaaa?

It seems like Coleman met/knew Levi's partner-in-crime and they had an agreement because they wanted $ from fenced jewelry. He was basically saying this was never supposed to get dangerous or crazy; guess he didn't know what those two guys were capable of.  

The problem with using Coleman in this storyline in this way is what others are pointing out - Mac, Dante, Patrick and others more or less think of him as a friend, so for Coleman to knowingly aim to fence Felicia's (Mac's wife's Aztec jewelry) is a low blow/WTF moment. Olivia pointed out to him that he knows Felicia (as in, you've betrayed people who trusted you) and Coleman just kind of shrugged it off as "tough times." What I found disturbing is he didn't seem to feel awful/guilty about Mac getting shot - said he didn't want any trouble with the police or Corinthos. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 1

Do you think that at some point in this century we are going to see Michael learn that his wonderful, wonderful mobster father killed his bio-father AJ and that his super-dooper mother has known for ages? 

Please send Sonny off on an extended vacation. 

• Love 2

EngradyPind, I've lost hope in seeing Sonny paying for killing AJ in cold blood or Carly paying for keeping it away from Micheal. Micheal will have the sadz for a week in show time & then forgive them.

It seems like Coleman met/knew Levi's partner-in-crime and they had an agreement because they wanted $ from fenced jewelry in "tough times." He was basically saying this was never supposed to get dangerous or crazy; guess he didn't know what those two guys were capable of.

I haven't watched yet but this is some dumb shit. We haven't seen Coleman in a year & this is the BS Ron writes. Coleman could have stolen the jewels himself at anytime when Mac & Felicia were at Jake's working. They weren't locked away. Hell, Emma was playing with them all the time.

I can't. I just can't. I think this show has broken me.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 1

Coleman? Really? That's such a reach. Aren't he and Mac good friends?

I wouldn't be upset if KiKi accidentally gets the laced mousse instead of Michael. (Not a spoiler, just a wish.)

I don't remember them being particularly good friends. Honestly, Coleman was kinda shady always but I don't think even he would employ a tool like Levi.

• Love 1

I will just say that Ron is a petty puissant little fuckwit for ruining so many characters, Coleman included, because I hate him oh so much. BUUUUT...Coleman started out as a shady guy...who blackmailed SWSNBN because...why? AJ crashed into his bar so she had to strip instead of telling AJ....or something...and he had a sleazy kind of charm. So, color me not surprised. Because Coleman is not his character.

• Love 2

a petty puissant little fuckwit 

So much LOVE for this, which can be applied to at least a half dozen GH characters he writes, and so many people in real life. Thank you!!! 

I really need one rolling on the floor and one happy dance emoticon for this post ...

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 3

I guess this is Ron's easy out for explaining why Coleman isn't around for any future inquirers-he's in jail/prison.

Slowly but surely I have learned that if I like a character the last thing I should ask for is Ron paying them some attention, because the only safe characters, who won't end up fully, totally, and completely ruined, lurk in the shadows.

• Love 6
Isn't Ava like a multiple shooter hitman? Suddenly she has morals and remorse about killing someone?

When the plot demands it, she's cold-blooded; when it demands something else, suddenly she's a fragile woobie. It takes only a bottle of sparkling cider for Ava to have doubts? *rme*

It seems like Coleman met/knew Levi's partner-in-crime and they had an agreement because they wanted $ from fenced jewelry in "tough times."

It costs a lot of money to live in the backcountry for months on end.

Connie thought the world of Coleman? Really? I think Coleman was a lot of fun for Kate and vice versa, and that's it.

Lulu is a moron. If you don't want to kill them, shoot the jerks in the kneecaps and run. Sheesh. She's been kidnapped enough to have learned something.

The guy playing Scribner, Levi's partner, is TERRIBLE. Just awful. I'm waiting for him to twirl his mustache.

• Love 3
I guess this is Ron's easy out for explaining why Coleman isn't around for any future inquirers-he's in jail/prison.

Were people even inquiring about him that much? Hmm. Well, probably more people cared wondered where he was than Sabrina.

When the plot demands it, she's cold-blooded; when it demands something else, suddenly she's a fragile woobie. It takes only a bottle of sparkling cider for Ava to have doubts? *rme*

I buy any vulnerability when it comes to Kiki; I think she's afraid her daughter's gonna find out, otherwise she wouldn't care. I mean, maybe she does realize there is going to be an autopsy (well, maybe, whatever) and it will be traced back to her. She should just ask Julian to arrange something less obvious for her, since she can't leave the penthouse.

Lulu is a moron. If you don't want to kill them, shoot the jerks in the kneecaps and run. Sheesh. She's been kidnapped enough to have learned something.

I think they threw this bit in as a sop, but unfortunately it just makes her look dumber than she would have, to manage a clear chance for escape and then botch it so badly.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

She should just ask Julian to arrange something less obvious for her, since she can't leave the penthouse.

By the way, do Kiki and/or Michael know that, that she can't leave the penthouse because Sonny might kidnap her again?

I buy any vulnerability when it comes to Kiki;

I'd buy it if she'd been blackmailed or something into killing Michael. Instead, she basically volunteered. Of course she didn't know Fake!Luke would want her to kill Michael, but what did she think, he'd ask her to water the plants?

I just can't with the rampant stupidity.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3

I thought the line(s) about Ava's pregnancy were thrown in to remind the audience she's not her 'usual' self at the moment - hormonal/semi-emotional in addition to being worried this could come back to bite her in her relationship with Kiki. 

I agree it was very annoying to see Lulu and Maxie be so incompetent about escaping from Levi and Scribner. Although it was JMB's Lulu who played the kidnappings in the past, and she played Lulu with more edge. I could see JMB snarling and pulling the trigger. This actress seems like she's crumple and cry if a gun actually went off in her presence. KSt is playing Maxie like the best escape plan she can think of is to drive Levi to suicide by telling him over and over that he never did it for her in bed.

Don't get me started.  I hate how AJ seems to be a non-entity no matter who TIIC are.  I do not get how no one sees any value in the character.  It really drives me nuts.

I don't see much value in him to be honest. He's never really done anything for me.

Coleman isn't important enough to be ruined IMO.

I don't have any trouble buying Ava's motivations, doubts, insecurities etc. because of Maura. And I guess I'm just someone who laughs at dumb things because I thought Julian's death by chocolate line was hilarious.

STFU, Liz. Do you ever get tired of siccing your kids on Audrey so you can chase Nic's dick?

I just can't with the rampant stupidity.

Ava has been dumbed down since bedding Morgan and she's only gotten worse and worse over time. But this plot to poison a perfectly healthy kid in his early 20s, who will have his last meal/etc traced back to her, yeah...it is too stupid for words really.

Why not have something done to his car, plant a bomb, cut the brakes, hire a sniper, I mean honestly the possibilities are endless to kill a kid of a mob boss.

ETA:

Not to mention the poison she picked would affect Michael pretty quickly, I am sure they'll gloss over the actual symptoms one would get from Oleander poisoning, but they are harsh and hard hitting and pretty much do everything but paint a "he's been poisoned" sign on the victim's back. 

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 4

KSt is playing Maxie like the best escape plan she can think of is to drive Levi to suicide by telling him over and over that he never did it for her in bed.

Which reminds me...thanks a lot, show, because that line of dialogue reminded me that the last two guys Maxie could possibly be comparing him to are Spinelli and Franco.  Ewwwwww.

When Carly first walked into Sonny's office, the camera really lingered on her ass.

I suppose that was to be sexy. I was thinking, hey, she's wearing a slip!

I'm just calling it Death Hause from now on. It's clearly where things come to die. AJ, Julexis, Micheal, common sense, good taste. Ava lives in Death Hause.

At least Lulu kinda got to be bad ass today. And Maxie accepted guilt. Then said "Oh Naaathan! Shoulda trusted Nathan! " can a woman exist without a man?

Lulu would have been bad ass had she pulled the trigger.  And Maxie should have finished untying herself so Levi couldn't have pinned her in the chair with the gun.

In "the board makes an appearance in my real life" news... Today, I almost said 3x, "Explain it to me like I am Sonny" at work.  #smh

• Love 2

Which reminds me...thanks a lot, show, because that line of dialogue reminded me that the last two guys Maxie could possibly be comparing him to are Spinelli and Franco.  Ewwwwww.

No no no, that would be Spinelli and Matt, remember? She was sleeping with him for quite a while in 2011-12. It's just hard to remember poor Matt.

• Love 1

Ava has been dumbed down since bedding Morgan and she's only gotten worse and worse over time. But this plot to poison a perfectly healthy kid in his early 20s, who will have his last meal/etc traced back to her, yeah...it is too stupid for words really.

Why not have something done to his car, plant a bomb, cut the brakes, hire a sniper, I mean honestly the possibilities are endless to kill a kid of a mob boss.

ETA:

Not to mention the poison she picked would affect Michael pretty quickly, I am sure they'll gloss over the actual symptoms one would get from Oleander poisoning, but they are harsh and hard hitting and pretty much do everything but paint a "he's been poisoned" sign on the victim's back. 

But this woobie kind hearted killer that Ava is* would never do something so horrible as to kill sweet young innocent Michael in a terrible way, instead he'll just die in his sleep. RME Then she can explain to Kiki he had to die but I was kind in killing him. Brownie points?

*insert sarcasm font.

• Love 2

I had to rewind the Ned/Olivia scene because Ned's remark to her about Lois taking him to THAT movie theatre in Bensonhurst made no sense, I thought maybe I missed when she mentioned the name of the theatre they used it go to, but she didn't say a name. And yeah it's nitpicky, but Bensonhurst used to have several movie theaters. Or hell, just make up something! They've done it before when they mentioned a real street but a made up place.

• Love 2

I rolled my eyes at Olivia, first for crossing herself and telling Connie to RIP, how long did you wait before you climbed into bed with that sleazeball again? And I loved Patrick Swayze as much as the next guy, but if you were going to drool over him in a movie from that time period, it would probably be The Outsiders not Red Dawn, one of the most violent movies known to man. 

• Love 2

Ralph Macchio- big sigh. First movie crushes still stick!

I don't think Levi's partner is a terrible actor- he seems to be doing decently in his scenes and I would rather see him alive than Levi.

• Love 1