Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Sam's lucky she gets to hate her dad. Sonny could (and has) punch his kids in the face and they still talk about how great he is.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 14

All of Alexis's kids are champion grudge holders. 

Krolly aren't.  They both adore Sonny when they should hate him or at least view him with a mixture of disdain and suspicion.

• Love 4

Why isn't Carly furious that Jason left the business to keep his family safe (with zero consequences) while her son is dead due to mob shenanigans?

Follow up question, WHY HAVE THERE BEEN NO CONSEQUENCES to Jason just walking away when Jason and Sonny have both held their families hostage to the idea that they could not walk away without facing major consequence?

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 4

Best thing about today?  Finn/Tracy scenes.  Both humorous and poignant, especially Tracy talking about her feelings regarding the painting and Edward. Someone on the writing staff is making an effort to do right by JE.

Another good moment? Nelle's smirk to Carly when she said Port Charles was her home. Finally, Nelle gets a smidge of a personality.

So Sonny snitches again. And whines about Jax again.  I need Josslyn to lose her shit bigtime.

• Love 11

I've run out of words to adequately describe my hate for Sonny. He opens his mouth and spews massive amounts of hypocrisy, and I'm seeing red with steam coming out of my ears. The excessive amount of smugness radiating off of him is nauseating. Can someone PLEASE take him down a peg or twenty?

I'm patiently waiting for Tracy to realize that it's the sentiment behind the painting that means the world to her, not the painting itself, and thus it will be okay if she has to part with it.

"Jake's afraid of his affable daddy, but loves and trusts the world's cuddliest serial killer!" Everything about this is loathsome.

LMAO, nothing is more appropriate than the universe literally taking a shit on Nelle. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I'm sure [sonny's] stans are wetting themselves with glee

I don't know about that. I know a lot of them complained when Sonny acts too crazy.

I personally don't mind when Sonny acts like an asshole. It's better than the Sonny and Carly as pater/materfamilias stuff they've tried to peddle lately. I just don't want the other characters to act like he's better than, say, Julian, because blah blah blah.

4 minutes ago, Vella said:

So Sonny snitches again. And whines about Jax again.  I need Josslyn to lose her shit bigtime.

I just want Joss to tell Carly she's going to go to Australia with Jax and if Carly wants to see her, she can go there.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I don't know about that. I know a lot of them complained when Sonny acts too crazy.

But they love it when he gets one over on Jax. 

Ugh, I just hate his hypocritical ass so much.

• Love 4

Sonny loves Joss so much that he is willing to deprive her of her father.  What a Whiny Little Bitch.

I so want Joss to tap into her Carly and uncle Jerry genes and nail Sonny's hide to the wall.  She has been living in mobland most of her life, what if she know things.  It would be great if she sought vengeance on behalf of Jax.  Imagine little Joss bringing down Sonny once and for all.  Her uncle Jerry would be so proud.

Edited by movingtargetgal
  • Love 10
7 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I just want Joss to tell Carly she's going to go to Australia with Jax and if Carly wants to see her, she can go there.

This would be amazing. Joss moving in defiance, because she can't stand to be in a place where Sonny is and decides she wants to be with Jax instead. Even better would be Joss begging Carly to come with her and Carly saying no and Joss knowing it's because of Sonny.  Thus she leaves hating Sonny, hating Carly and loving Jax.  I'm good with that.

• Love 10

Today's show made me incredibly angry. I remember why I quit watching live.

Why would you wipe off bird shit and put the cloth back in your jacket. That is just gross.

I want Tracy to keep the painting and call ICE on Samira.

Jake is terrified of Jason? Lame. Of all her children, Jake interests me the least. I'm so pissed that the little firestarter isn't the one involved in any story. Joss and Cam could be conspiring to take down Sonny and Franco.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I don't even want her to beg Carly. Just coldly tell her she's leaving, and not letting Carly have any room for argument. 

Oh, I do, just so that it hurts way more.  Carly would throw up excuses to stay and Joss would be able to point out the fallacy of each reason.  As Carly protests, Joss slowly begins to realize that Carly wants to stay because of Sonny. That she doesn't hate Sonny as much as she loudly shrieks about. Carly would deny it, Joss would DEMAND Carly prove it by leaving with Joss.  Starting fresh in Oz with her and Jax.  Carly tearfully says she can't go. Joss goes cold and leaves with Jax.  It would need to absolutely BURN Joss completely.

• Love 5

I gotta agree to disagree with you, Vella, I think Joss leaving without saying anything and maybe just leaving a note that says "fuck off" would hurt worse. :D

Frank Valentini‏Verified account @valentinifrank 2h2 hours ago

Jason and Liz battle over Franco! @RebeccaLHerbst @GeneralHospital #BillyMiller #RogerHowarth #GH

Quick! Someone make another Kiki/Dillon promo!

• Love 2

Jake is terrified of Jason. Hm. We must have collectively all just not been watching the last two years when Jake wanted Jason to stay with him and Liz even after the Jake Doe lie came out, invented a stalker so Jason would stay, inadvertently ended up hurting Sam because of it, Jake must stay over at the penthouse often because Sam is at Liz's time and time again bringing over science projects and math books, Jake and Jason have pancake breakfasts, Jake was at Jason/Sam's wedding....

I don't find it cute that Franco is dating the mother of his former patient and manipulating Jake's troubles so he can be the only person that Jake trusts.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 10

FFS! Can Aiden run away with Cam because they hate their mom's creepy boyfriend and want their dad? Or because their mom's creepy boyfriend once kidnapped Aiden? 

How about Moppet!Jake goes to live with Franco and we all agree not to care

• Love 9
35 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Frank Valentini‏Verified account @valentinifrank 2h2 hours ago

Jason and Liz battle over Franco! @RebeccaLHerbst @GeneralHospital #BillyMiller #RogerHowarth #GH

This is brand-new information!

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

FFS! Can Aiden run away with Cam because they hate their mom's creepy boyfriend and want their dad? Or because their mom's creepy boyfriend once kidnapped Aiden? 

How about Moppet!Jake goes to live with Franco and we all agree not to care

I'm here for that, but I think that will have to be in fanfic-land because we won't ever get it on-screen. With a properly SORASed Cameron, of course.

• Love 2

Hee!  I'm not sure anything will top my first use of it on this board, the day Patrick and Anna finally got their heads out of their asses and realized Robin had been abducted, AGAIN!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
18 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

I so enjoy it when Michael gets pissed at Sonny. Pity it won't last

I enjoyed Michael "handling" both Sonny and Carly today, he looked like he was actually one minute away from banging his head against the wall in both cases.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Also, Show?  Don't have your mob boss and former hit man protagonists clink glasses of fancy scotch in a mansion and make a toast to justice and the legal system.

Just don't do it.

Still nauseous over those scenes ....

Barf bucket.jpg

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, Blackie said:

I enjoyed Michael "handling" both Sonny and Carly today, he looked like he was actually one minute away from banging his head against the wall in both cases.

He needs to bang Sonny and Carly's heads together.

• Love 5

I like to think snow camping would have been Jax's elaborate revenge on Carly. 

Do seagulls go as far inland as the great lakes region?

Every time Michael and Nelle have a scene together, Nelle asks "are you always this wonderful/kind/fair/brave/strong/lovingwithyourwholeheart?"

When Carly was going on about how "I know Sonny hates you, but, and I know he's a jerk, but, and I know he's done crap before, but - " I wanted Jax to ask if he could get in a word during all this concern that was about him (Jax), supposedly.

Jane Elliot looked lovely. And yup, Finn was back to not annoying me today around her.

It's nice of Kiki to even pretend to look interested in this Jake stuff. 

That Samira chick is a bad bad actress. Her face does not move a bit. Her and Dillon in the same room is a bit too much Madame Tussaud's going on.

• Love 7

I only watched the Tracy/Finn and Quartermaine scenes. They were all nice, even if the Samira stuff is stupid.

Maybe it looked better in real time, but in ffwd Liz's hair looked like a full on helmet. I was rolling.

2 hours ago, lovelynn said:

Joss and Cam could be conspiring to take down Sonny and Franco.

2 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

There are multiple stories that could be really interesting there, but the show would rather just forge on with perpetual child Cam and the "Sonny and Franco are heroes!" bullshit. Sigh.

ETA: Oh, I forgot to mention this: One of the writers listed on today's ep was "Donny Sheldon." Isn't that the name of Felix's boyfriend?

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4
54 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Every time Michael and Nelle have a scene together, Nelle asks "are you always this wonderful/kind/fair/brave/strong/lovingwithyourwholeheart?"

When Carly was going on about how "I know Sonny hates you, but, and I know he's a jerk, but, and I know he's done crap before, but - " I wanted Jax to ask if he could get in a word during all this concern that was about him (Jax), supposedly.

Jane Elliot looked lovely. And yup, Finn was back to not annoying me today around her.

It's nice of Kiki to even pretend to look interested in this Jake stuff. 

That Samira chick is a bad bad actress. Her face does not move a bit. Her and Dillon in the same room is a bit too much Madame Tussaud's going on.

Re the gulls, there is a true story about a Blue Jays player, Dave Winfield, killing a seagull at the stadium in Toronto - with a ball hit in its direction - during the game. 

Re what Nellle says to Michael:  "Doncha just love it when the writers add narration to make sure that we know how we are supposed to think about characters???  

Re Finn, my best Finn day in a L-O-N-G time - maybe since the last night he had scenes with Jane? 

The Madame Tussaud's comparison would be even funnier - if it weren't so sadly accurate. 

Edited by Aurora2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, lovelynn said:

I want Tracy to keep the painting and call ICE on Samira.

Absolutely. The painting is worth 20 million dollars, not just sentiment, and as Tracy pointed out, her father cut her out of his will and left her only a jar of relish. She is owed the monetary value of the painting. And it was so telling that Samira immediately blocked Monica's call to any attorneys to get the visa extended. Samira wants to make them all decide under pressure--a terribly unwise idea. She knows that attorneys would soon discover that no organization is backing her claims and search for the painting, and would not try to help with the trafficking problem. Interpol and the Turkish police need to know Samira's story; the pressure that she is putting on the Qs to solve her problem is not realistic, legal, or probable. It has to be a scam. Monica unwisely and unfairly made the whole house complicit when she turned the government agent away with a convenient lie. Samira knows she has to close the deal fast before he gets back. I still think she is working with Lord Larry, waiting outside to "catch" him and therefore be introduced with her sad story.

Freako was out of line today confiding in Kiki at the hospital. He was flirting wildly with her out of sight, and Elizabeth was wise to figure immediately that he was giving excuses. Unfortunately her skepticism was diverted by his mention  of Jake being upset, a smooth segue to cover up his interest in ignorant nubile Kiki. Freako keeps insisting that he has months and months of experience "treating" Jake with art therapy, but that is certainly not a true picture. He is NOT a professional art therapist and may actually be harming Jake. I've concluded that Elizabeth is so unwise to continue giving him access to her sons that I hope she loses at least one to teach her a lesson.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Absolutely. The painting is worth 20 million dollars, not just sentiment, and as Tracy pointed out, her father cut her out of his will and left her only a jar of relish. She is owed the monetary value of the painting. And it was so telling that Samira immediately blocked Monica's call to any attorneys to get the visa extended. Samira wants to make them all decide under pressure--a terribly unwise idea. She knows that attorneys would soon discover that no organization is backing her claims and search for the painting, and would not try to help with the trafficking problem. Interpol and the Turkish police need to know Samira's story; the pressure that she is putting on the Qs to solve her problem is not realistic, legal, or probable. It has to be a scam. Monica unwisely and unfairly made the whole house complicit when she turned the government agent away with a convenient lie. Samira knows she has to close the deal fast before he gets back. I still think she is working with Lord Larry, waiting outside to "catch" him and therefore be introduced with her sad story.

Freako was out of line today confiding in Kiki at the hospital. He was flirting wildly with her out of sight, and Elizabeth was wise to figure immediately that he was giving excuses. Unfortunately her skepticism was diverted by his mention  of Jake being upset, a smooth segue to cover up his interest in ignorant nubile Kiki. Freako keeps insisting that he has months and months of experience "treating" Jake with art therapy, but that is certainly not a true picture. He is NOT a professional art therapist and may actually be harming Jake. I've concluded that Elizabeth is so unwise to continue giving him access to her sons that I hope she loses at least one to teach her a lesson.

Hell to the no.  Elizabeth has already had two miscarriages and thought Jake was dead.  It makes more sense for IIC to stop forcing Franco down our collective throats!   

Let's stop using Jake and Elizabeth to give Franco/RoHo story!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

Even though I think it was a flubbed line on Ingo's part, I like to imagine Carly sitting at a fire gnawing on a twig and a berry she foraged  Hee!  I don't know where Jax was going to take her snow camping at this time of year, maybe Newfoundland!!

We have zillions of gulls in Toronto, even on the prairies we have gulls, don't know the official name for them but we always called them seagulls even though we were thousands of miles from the sea.

• Love 1

The Samira story is so dumb. Extending the visa might help her get her daughter back by letting her be in the country legally. What does she think it means?

LOL at Michael's confusion at Nelle not wanting charges pressed against Jax.

I also cracked up when Sonny said, "Please don't tell me [Alexis] is going back to Julian after everything he did to her!" Could the pot be any blacker?

How could Jax get deported? And that ICE official gets around.

Shut up, Franco.

• Love 10

im not understandinh this painting/human trafficking story. if this painting is supposed to help this woman get her daughter back why didnt they already sell it before tracy got it. ? how old is this daugter? who painted this portrait that its worth much?

Brad got married but we dont see him with lucas. why not? instead he's upset that finn works at the hospital and complains he cant buy a condo.

Kristina defends/stays loyal to Sonny these days despite knowing he almost killed her with a bomb a few years ago, and that he tried to kill Jax (I'm not going to assume she knows of his numerous sins from before SORAS-ing/Lexi taking on the role). Molly's not angry about anything in her dad's past, and has spent many years romanticizing Jason and Sam in her own mind. "I'm glad you two are in love" blah blah.  At 12 years old, she asked Jason over to see if he could 'deal with' a person she considered to be a problem. The only reason she ever hated Julian is because Ric's life was impacted by Julian's actions. She mourned her father when the PCPD told her Ric had been killed. Mob actions and murder/attempted murder are not concerns for Molly unless someone in her family is dead or presumed/declared dead as a result of it. Otherwise, she would have broken up with TJ for getting close to and admiring Uncle Sonny.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Darklazr said:

Hell to the no.  Elizabeth has already had two miscarriages and thought Jake was dead.  It makes more sense for IIC to stop forcing Franco down our collective throats!   

Let's stop using Jake and Elizabeth to give Franco/RoHo story!

I love this statement so much, I want to marry it, then shoot it in the head while its giving birth to my son who will grow up to become an asshole not because he's bipolar but just because.  

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

I think it's reasonable for Sam to hate Julian for hurting her mother. What was unreasonable was Kristina/Molly giving him slack just because he left a nice letter after he was "dead."

What?  Molly wanted to cut him slack, albeit only a tiny bit of it.  Kristina didn't.

Edited by Vyk

What I need to know is, why is Michael wasting time at Sonny's and with Nell when he needs to be plotting illegal DNA tests with his great aunt Tracy and her drug addicted BFF. That would have been much more fun. I want my Chad and Jane scenes, she's only got two weeks left ! *throws barware*

So who turned Samira in? Larry, I'm guessing. I loved Monica today.

The close ups of the snack machine were the best part  of the Kiki/Franco scenes.

I could not with Sonny and Jason, and I am soooo tired of Carly. Shaddup shaddup shaddup Snarls, you should know by now if you try to come between Michael and a woman, he'll hate YOU. That kind of stupid needs a good Chuck Norris round house kick.

Finn and Tracy were everything.  THAT is what I love about them. Those kind of scenes make me wish JE leaving was all a long April fool's joke.  :(

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 8

I'm temporarily back again! Hurray? I figured I may as well see Jane's exit storyline, and being as I just got my tonsils out on Monday, the timing is good to watch again, at least for now. But I have questions:

Alexis just fell on Julian's dick right away? I didn't even know Julian was supposed to be dead, but I did know they've had a hella messed up relationship over the last year involving various murder attempts and some alcoholism and who knows what else. So...that was a weird scene.

Tracy and her painting look fun, and I missed out on a Tracy/Laura buddy caper?! Worth going back to watch those scenes? And this actor isn't the real Lord Ashton, right? He doesn't seem the same from what I remember from his last stint.

Is Duke's kid still around? I always call him Finn in my head, but that's Michael Easton's millionth character, right? Is Anna done being sniveling and pathetic yet? It was getting annoying, and she's my current fave.

What is a Lucas?

Carly snarling at Nelle was nostalgic. For me, Carly is at her best when she is being unbearable.

For me, Carly is at her best when she is off the canvas. At least I'm not returning to her and Sonny happy again. *gag*

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, TheGourmez said:

Is Duke's kid still around? I always call him Finn in my head, but that's Michael Easton's millionth character, right? Is Anna done being sniveling and pathetic yet? It was getting annoying, and she's my current fave.

Duke's kid is the perpetually weepy doc who has now spent more time with Anna than Robin has - on-screen -in (or at least it seems like) KMc's entire adult life on this show. 

1 hour ago, TheGourmez said:

Is Duke's kid still around? I always call him Finn in my head, but that's Michael Easton's millionth character, right?

Finn isn't Duke's son.  Griffin is.

I loved the Tracy/Finn scenes today. Jane E. looks like she's having a ball with him, far more than she ever looked in scenes with Tony Geary.

21 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Yeah, not Sam's greatest half-hour. She sucked. But she and Alexis have moved past it and that has nothing to do with Alexis and Julian's situation.

Alexis was trying to protect Sam from Jason (who was a bad man)  in the past but she tried to talk to Sam, not get Jason arrested.  Now Sam is trying to protect Alexis from Julian but she and her hit man husband forced it by bringing in the cops.  Like with Sonny, the hypocrisy is off the charts.

I remember when Julexis was the best romance on the show. I'm amazed at how badly the writers have screwed it up.

8 hours ago, Linny said:

II'm patiently waiting for Tracy to realize that it's the sentiment behind the painting that means the world to her, not the painting itself, and thus it will be okay if she has to part with it.

It's not just the sentiment, it's also a beautiful, valuable painting. I see no reason why she should give it up to someone she just met with a ridiculous story.

I'm impressed that the show had Tracy talk about the fact that 1. if she gave it up it would be funding the slave trade and 2. that since the painting is in the country legally, she would be culpable if she gave it to Samira to sell for an illegal purpose.

If Samira is legit, it would make more sense to ask Tracy for money than for the painting since she would only be able to get a fraction of its worth unless she has contacts in the illegal art black market.

4 hours ago, Aurora2 said:

Re the gulls, there is a true story about a Blue Jays player, Dave Winfield, killing a seagull at the stadium in Toronto - with a ball hit in its direction - during the game.

I think Winfield threw the ball deliberately at the seagull and killed it, which led to the fan outrage.  The seagulls were a highlight of the old Blue Jays ballpark, memorialized in the Jays' theme song "Is that a fly ball, or is it a seagull? Coming in, from the lake, just to catch the game" but I've also seen them 10 miles north of the lake.

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I also cracked up when Sonny said, "Please don't tell me [Alexis] is going back to Julian after everything he did to her!" Could the pot be any blacker?

As he was whining that Carly wasn't coming back to him.  Sonny's hypocrisy was off the charts today.  Well, like every day.

How can Jax get deported if he wasn't charged with a crime, much less convicted of one?  He was in the country legally, most likely with American holdings.  Are they just trying to get more use out of the actor they hired to be the ICE agent?

• Love 8

During the Kiki and Franco scenes I entertained myself by reading the fake names on the items in the vending machine.  One of the chip bags was called Cringelos.  Spot on, props department.

• Love 8
42 minutes ago, Vyk said:

Yes, Griffin, thank you. Because the two characters started around the same time, I always want to call Griffin Finn. Perhaps because he's the one who works with the real Fin! And Dr. Michael Easton just doesn't look like a Finn.

Edited by TheGourmez
clarity
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I loved the Tracy/Finn scenes today. Jane E. looks like she's having a ball with him, far more than she ever looked in scenes with Tony Geary

It's not just the sentiment, it's also a beautiful, valuable painting. I see no reason why she should give it up to someone she just met with a ridiculous story.

I'm impressed that the show had Tracy talk about the fact that 1. if she gave it up it would be funding the slave trade and 2. that since the painting is in the country legally, she would be culpable if she gave it to Samira to sell for an illegal purpose.

If Samira is legit, it would make more sense to ask Tracy for money than for the painting since she would only be able to get a fraction of its worth unless she has contacts in the illegal art black market.

I think Winfield threw the ball deliberately at the seagull and killed it, which led to the fan outrage.  The seagulls were a highlight of the old Blue Jays ballpark, memorialized in the Jays' theme song "Is that a fly ball, or is it a seagull? Coming in, from the lake, just to catch the game" but I've also seen them 10 miles north of the lake.

As he was whining that Carly wasn't coming back to him.  Sonny's hypocrisy was off the charts today.  Well, like every day.

How can Jax get deported if he wasn't charged with a crime, much less convicted of one?  He was in the country legally, most likely with American holdings.  Are they just trying to get more use out of the actor they hired to be the ICE agent?

I think JE and ME have such natural, unforced chemistry. They make me 100% invest in the friendship. Plus, ME steps up his game and keeps up with her, toe to toe. Pretty sure Jane was about to crack up at the "very very very" "long long long" stuff. Then there's the fact- and this was the part I loved best-he was willing to help her even if it meant he might be fired and lose Hayden for good. That? Has never happened before. She's never had a friend like that, except maybe Marco Dane. I don't like that JE has been used to prop him instead of getting her own story this past year, but I don't have a problem with the friendship itself

Does anyone else think the reason Samira stopped Monica, is because she's not the real Samira? Did we see the face of the crying woman? 

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, Vyk said:
9 hours ago, TheGourmez said:

Is Duke's kid still around? I always call him Finn in my head, but that's Michael Easton's millionth character, right?

For now.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, lor said:

im not understandinh this painting/human trafficking story. if this painting is supposed to help this woman get her daughter back why didnt they already sell it before tracy got it. ? how old is this daugter? who painted this portrait that its worth much?

The money is being used to pay the traffickers. aside from "My Daddy Gave It Too Me!" giving them money solves Samira's situation, but the traffickers continue on.

First Finn's Doctors Without Waldenbooks, and now this. Show, don't try to shoehorn Real Third World Issues into the plotlines. They don't fit the Wibbly Wobbly Sonnyverse.

11 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I thought ICE official was working for the traffickers to get Samira, but apparently, he also freelances for Sonny. Jax will get deported for his arrest, which will provide an excuse for Ingo's exit.

If Joss doesn't have sustained hatred for Sonny (as in long-term Sam-level hatred for Julian and Franco) after this, I'm barging.

• Love 4