Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, TessHarding2 said:

Nevermind. Sorry Pepperbird

I don't know how to do a spoiler! Figure it out, lol

it's [ spoiler ] whatever spoiler it is here [ / spoiler ] but without the spaces.

6 hours ago, Perkie said:

And her examples to be afraid of marriage were CarSon (the true example of disfunctional )  and Julexis (knife to the throat)

Meh, Olivia was a grown woman with a 25+ year old son when she arrived in PC. She grew up in a city area surrounded be fellow Italian Americans. So I'm sure she had plenty of good marriages to observe.

• Love 1

I mean, I want to like that a character - Kiki - is pursuing a medical career, and that said character is training for that job and didn't just, poof, become licensed between scenes.  But that all happening off-screen until Kiki needed to be able to run into Liz as the hospital and offer her terrible, biased advice about Franco ruins all of that.  I do appreciate Kiki being professional and wearing a shirt that completely covers her shoulders while on duty.

A random robbery at The Floating Rib to push Ned and Olivia's three-times-a-month pairing along and prolong the crap with Ava's pill bottle?  Just...why?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7

What an odd choice to have an auditory flashback during the robbery, as if we wouldn't remember the significance of the pill bottle without that bit. Typical Ava, though, thinking only of covering her ass at all times.

The corpse of Nina and Franco's relationship is completely dead and festered, so why am I being forced to watch these two awkwardly interact? You don't know how much I wanted Valentin to show up and drag Franco in his calm, ultra polite tone of voice. 

Olivia was rattling off the things she wouldn't have if she didn't have Ned, and I kept thinking how she wouldn't have LEO if it wasn't for Ned. She and Julian only had drunken sex because Ned was with Alexis.

Kiki needs a big cup of shut the fuck up today. She came across as such an airhead, cheerleading for Franco at all costs. Jake isn't only Liz's son; Jason has an active role as his father and if he thinks Franco is detrimental to Jake's wellbeing, he has every right to try to protect his child. 

I loved Sam today. She's absolutely right, Liz has blinders on when it comes to Franco because she doesn't want to admit she was wrong about him. She'd rather join up with Kiki and be co-conspirators of the Everyone Love Franco (he's different now, we swear) campaign.

• Love 7

From what I read it was all about Jake. Poor Casey and Alonzo,  if the writers didn't suck than I would want Lucky back to take Alonzo and Casey(somebody has to notice them)to Africa.

• Love 5

Lucy was so mean to prevent Ava from getting the statue. I wish the statue would consequently be worthless. But Ava is knowledgeable about it, and she appeared to be angry that Lucy took it.

Today's ep seemed cheesy in so many ways:

1. Because Lila's ring was the focus of the robbery, Lila was kind of the angel who ensured that Ned and Olivia would get engaged after all.
  2. Did I understand rightly that Jordan and Curtis were setting up a booty call for later, since their date was interrupted by police bidness?
  3. Since we know that Jane E is retiring, if she takes Laura with her to Turkey, will the two vets sing their swan song and leave together?
  4. Ugh to Nina giving ANYBODY advice, especially Freako.
  5. Likewise ugh to Kiki (who is virtually a candy-striper-in -training) giving counseling to an experienced nursing professional about major decisions.
38 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I mean, I want to like that a character - Kiki - is pursuing a medical career, and that said character is training for that job and didn't just, poof, become licensed between scenes.  But that all happening off-screen until Kiki needed to be able to run into Liz as the hospital and offer her terrible, biased advice about Franco ruins all of that.  I do appreciate Kiki being professional and wearing a shirt that completely covers her shoulders while on duty.

A random robbery at The Floating Rib to push Ned and Olivia's three-times-a-month pairing along and prolong the crap with Ava's pill bottle?  Just...why?

Three times a month???!!  Isn't this an exaggeration? Just sayin'.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Aurora2 said:

Three times a month???!!  Isn't this an exaggeration? Just sayin'.

Well this was their third episode this month lol.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

So, so stupid. I loved the mocking about Ava and Olivia having kids. Slowest and chattiest armed robbers ever. Also, boo on the robber for not following through and shooting people.

Color me shocked André didn't see Jordan and Curtis kissing.

36 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I want to like that a character - Kiki - is pursuing a medical career, and that said character is training for that job and didn't just, poof, become licensed between scenes.

She's training to be a nurse's aide, so in this case, I don't think it's too outrageous if she's set to go overnight, as it were. I like that they gave her a job that isn't unreasonable—Lauren doesn't have a college degree, so she shouldn't be in med school, for instance.

11 minutes ago, Linny said:

The corpse of Nina and Franco's relationship is completely dead and festered, so why am I being forced to watch these two awkwardly interact?

I'm sure we're supposed to find it funny and charming that Franco is forcing Nina to help him.

13 minutes ago, Linny said:

I loved Sam today. She's absolutely right, Liz has blinders on when it comes to Franco because she doesn't want to admit she was wrong about him.

The same way Sam has blinders on when it comes to Jason. Jason has also done terrible things to the people of Port Charles. I was with Sam until she started harping on how terrible Franco is. He is, most definitely. But Jason has his own baggage.

Jason, why can't Jake see a therapist while you and Curtis try to find out what happened? Those are not mutually exclusive actions. If you really want to help your son, insist that he sees a professional—someone other than Franco. I'm pretty sure Elizabeth would be on board with that.

Wow, Laura, condescending toward the Turks much? Of course Tracy would insult them, but that's because, as she said, Tracy is a bull in a china shop, not because the Turks are "humble...and live simple lives." OMG. Tracy is going to Istanbul, a cultural center for centuries (millennia!), not some tiny town in the middle of nowhere.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

The same way Sam has blinders on when it comes to Jason.

I really can't with her anymore. She legit sits and talks about other characters and what she thinks about them. Which would be fine if Sam was actually written as doing anything else.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Jason, why can't Jake see a therapist while you and Curtis try to find out what happened? Those are not mutually exclusive actions. If you really want to help your son, insist that he sees a professional—someone other than Franco. I'm pretty sure Elizabeth would be on board with that.

And Jake actually had a therapist, right?  He or she, I don't remember, was the one who suggested the art therapy option in the first place.  So why wouldn't they be consulting that person?

• Love 2
Just now, HeatLifer said:

I really can't with her anymore. She legit sits and talks about other characters and what she thinks about them. Which would be fine if Sam was actually written as doing anything else.

I have given up ever hoping that the writers will ever write for Sam even if it's the common GH story(you know the bad writing, bad characterization, bad dialogue, just bad all around hack story)so it's good to just sit back watch occasional clips of cuteness with her kids and yell at her stupidity. But the writers have broken me down.  

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Wow, Laura, condescending toward the Turks much? Of course Tracy would insult them, but that's because, as she said, Tracy is a bull in a china shop, not because the Turks are "humble...and live simple lives." OMG. Tracy is going to Istanbul, a cultural center for centuries (millennia!), not some tiny town in the middle of nowhere.

Didn't they say Tracy would be traveling through the countryside, or was the gallery definitely in Istanbul . . . either way though yeah she was definitely condescending. Yes, Tracy's so going to intimidate the Turks with her cell phone.

Go back to playing with your Doc McStuffins kit, Kiki.

"Our kid"? Shut up, Franco. It was just really random how they had Nina bringing up that it was insensitive of Franco to talk about to her, especially if she was just going to just say "oh it's okay". It felt like the writer was just bringing it up to point out they do know that bit of trivia. But it was terribly awkward all around.

8 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I'm gonna take my response to the Sam thread.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

OMG. Tracy is going to Istanbul, a cultural center for centuries (millennia!), not some tiny town in the middle of nowhere.

I thought they said the auction house was in Istanbul, but that when Laura spoke to them on the phone yesterday, that the painting had been returned to it's current owner, a monastery in a small remote area.  So I can see where Tracy, blowing into town, expecting everyone to say how high when she says jump would be a bit much.  Though I thought it was strange to have Laura be all "nope, can't go, have a life, ok you wore me down, i'll go."  Fastest turn around decision ever. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Perkie said:

the painting had been returned to it's current owner, a monastery in a small remote area

Oh, right. But just because it's a remote area doesn't mean the people are unsophisticated rubes. In fact, as it's a monastery, I'd argue the men are probably educated and have decent knowledge of the outside world. Or the abbot at least would.

Oh, god, I totally dread watching those scenes. They are going to be awful. Though I wouldn't be surprised if that's where

Luke pops up, and maybe that explains his terrible hair in the picture with Frank and Carolyn Hennessy in the news thread.

5 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Something tells me that Laura leaving town for any period of time with Tracy is going to open a window for Baby Rabies McGee to do something stupid.

Yeah, Laura was able to calm Lulu down most of the time. ER's mat leave should be coming up soon, right? This might be how it happens.

• Love 2

Lol, what's Kevin supposed to do? Lulu clearly wasn't receptive to his logical advice last time (and the time before that) and that was with Laura present and running interference.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Something tells me that Laura leaving town for any period of time with Tracy is going to open a window for Baby Rabies McGee to do something stupid.

That reminds me, I wanted Laura back, but it kinda bugs me how her being back has caused the show to kind of infantilize Lulu. Maybe if they were nice enough to give Laura and Lulu their own stories . . . 

• Love 6

Lulu hasn't been receptive to anyone's logical advice, but she's determined to be an idiot. But of course it's not her fault, it's Valentin's. Are we sure she's not related to Sonny by more than just marriage?

• Love 5

Meh Sam can trash Freako and Liez all she wants. They have done enough to her that she can call them on their shit. And she really only does it to Freako. She still defends Liez for some reason.

Im more annoyed by that god awful shirt they stuck her in.

• Love 9
29 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Maybe if they were nice enough to give Laura and Lulu their own stories . . . 

All I want is for Laura to have a story of her own or with Kevin independently of Lulu or Charlotte or custody drama.

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

All I want is for Laura to have a story of her own or with Kevin independently of Lulu or Charlotte or custody drama.

I would like a story that's about Kevin (hey, maybe bring one of HIS daughters to town) where Laura is the support.

• Love 8
54 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I would like a story that's about Kevin (hey, maybe bring one of HIS daughters to town) where Laura is the support.

Scotty did mention Serena the other day to Lucy. Kevin considers Serena and Christina both his daughters, doesn't he?

• Love 1

So, I guess that means Tracy gets to be the MIL of Lulu's MIL, and Ned gets to be stepdad-in-law to his mother's ex-stepdaughter, Lulu (I'm assuming one of Tracy and Luke's marriages was legal/valid?).  And Dillon can have a line like, "Sooo....my brother is now your stepdad-in-law. Weird."  For once this type of stuff isn't because of a Corinthos. Huh.

• Love 5

Just let Franco and Nina go. 

Kiki, I tried. "They are your kids, Elizabeth." Umm not quite. Jake the one you all are talking about has an active father living right there so he does get to be part of the decisions about him. Cody and Andy were raised by the same man but we don't know where they are. Also why isn't Liz talking to anyone but Kiki about this? She needed a Franco cheerleader I know. Just hard to fathom twice married with three children Elizabeth needing custody/life advice from someone in their mid 20s with no kids. 

Now you want to get married Olivia. Please. I really liked her and Ned too. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Scotty did mention Serena the other day to Lucy. Kevin considers Serena and Christina both his daughters, doesn't he?

Totally, he's been a father/stepfather/father figure to those girls for a long time, both on-screen on "Port Charles" and off-screen in the intervening years.

• Love 2

Damn it, Ava.  Why didn't you just take the damn pills and put them in your purse the moment Lucy handed them over to you yesterday?!  Maybe the PCPD wouldn't have them now if you had!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Totally, he's been a father/stepfather/father figure to those girls for a long time, both on-screen on "Port Charles" and off-screen in the intervening years.

I am assuming they are both in their twenties/early twenties. Why isn't at least one of them be on the canvas to give Michael a non-scheming girlfriend that he isn't related to or hasn't already dated/married, and then we can hear how Christina feels about her dad falling in love with someone new?

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 3

The same way Sam has blinders on when it comes to Jason.

And as if she knows that Liz would put Franco above her kids.  I thought it was interesting that one of the next scenes was Liz saying the exact opposite.  And given she usually drops Danny off at the Qs to go on some stupid adventure, she has little room to talk about valuing her kids above all else.

• Love 3

I usually like WK's acting, but he was practically comatose during the robbery.  Couldn't he pretend he's scared, not bored?  LiLo wasn't much better with the stupidity she was stuck with.  The shrieking, the flailing.  I thought she was going to swallow the ring to keep it away from the robbers.  I see no one mentioned her needing to live for her wonderful, invisible child. 

Oh, and I think Jordan needs to announce herself as police before shooting. 

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 4
31 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

yeah, leaving Danny with his grandma =/= allowing Franco unrestricted access to Cody, Adam and DNAJ.

That's not what I'm saying.  My point is Sam, despite the writing lately trying to make her à Mary Sue, has done some truly stupid things all in the name of love, so her acting superior to Liz is a tad hypocritical.  As in, totally hypocritical.

• Love 7

It might be hypocritical - doesn't make her wrong.

Franco has personally kidnapped, stalked, drugged and sexually assaulted Sam. She gets to talk shit about him all day long.

Liz being in a relationship with Franco damages the character. It's ridiculous that Sam is one of the only characters that has said so  *lookin' at you, Laura*

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 12

Sam should hate Franco and talk shit about him often. But I would love for Molly to yell at Sam about being a shit parent and that she's tired of raising Danny for his parents. Yell at both Sam and Jason for continuing to work alongside the mob while pretending it's okay.  Either everyone gets it or everyone needs to sit down because I am VERY tired of the same smug assholes getting to do yell and blame sessions and getting NOTHING tossed back. Someone at some point needs to give Sam an incredulous look and remind her that she's married to a man who ENJOYS killing people for a living. Anyone!

• Love 16

Danny spends most of his time at the Q house these days. We don't know what the hell Molly and TJ are up to. For all we know they got married and live next door to Kristina and Amy.

Jasam were looking into the death of Morgan and that damn bomb. They weren't doing mob activities. They broke some laws but that kind of stuff happens even when they let Sam do a PI job. Jason hasn't killed anyone on Sonny's orders in a year. The last people he killed he was saving Sonny in a warehouse. Isn't one of the main complaints on the board is Jason getting a job. Maybe he joins Sam's PI business with Curtis.

I don't think Sam was acting superior to Liz at all today. She just spoke some truth when it comes to Franco. He did hurt her and he has hurt Liz. Liz has hung on and done things in order to keep a man. See the whole Jake Doe saga. Sam wouldn't want to see Liz end up hurt even though she shouldn't give a damn about her feelings after what she did but Sam isn't allowed to feel anger about anything but her sperm donor.

• Love 4

when did amy move in with kristina? they must have met offscreen.    lucy blackmailing ava is disgusting.  lucy is using a good cause to get funding.

does the nurses ball  episodes get big ratings? who will perform?  i never understood why they have  red carpet show. the people at the show are not celebrities.

what is with perks?  they have no employees. that guy who worked there completely disapeared

18 minutes ago, lor said:

does the nurses ball  episodes get big ratings? who will perform?  i never understood why they have  red carpet show. the people at the show are not celebrities.

what is with perks?  they have no employees. that guy who worked there completely disapeared

A couple of years ago, when a yogurt company helped sponsor the ball, I read an article about how the company's employees got to dress up and walk the red carpet and be on tv. So, I'm thinking that still might be part of the reason -- letting sponsors or other folks the network want to  "honor" in some way get 15 seconds of face time on a national show.

Perks works on the honor system. Sonny owns it, so no one will rob it.  (insert eyeroll here)

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Vella said:

Sam should hate Franco and talk shit about him often. But I would love for Molly to yell at Sam about being a shit parent and that she's tired of raising Danny for his parents. Yell at both Sam and Jason for continuing to work alongside the mob while pretending it's okay.  Either everyone gets it or everyone needs to sit down because I am VERY tired of the same smug assholes getting to do yell and blame sessions and getting NOTHING tossed back. Someone at some point needs to give Sam an incredulous look and remind her that she's married to a man who ENJOYS killing people for a living. Anyone!

Bingo!  That's all I'm saying.  I don't care that Sam talks shit about Franco or Liz.  What I care about is everyone acting like she's Port Charles' Mother/Person of the Year and has no marks on her.

• Love 9

Speaking of the nurses ball I feel like FV has ruined what it's supposed to be about.Maybe it's because I just watched the Ryan white movie but it seems like HIV/AIDS are hardly mentioned.I still have the robins diary book.I mean I don't expect it to be a big PSA but when it first started they had people who had the  disease in real life.Now it feels like FV uses it for his campy shows.

I find the red carpet pretty embarrassing myself.

Edited by Harmony233
  • Love 6

I think Sam should have kept the focus on Jake. Its none of her business who Elizabeth sees. Jake isn't really her business either, for that matter, but since he's her stepson, it's not entirely out of line for her to discuss him with Jason.

• Love 3

Ok Sam needs to take SEVERAL seats....saying Liz isn't 100% committed to her kids because of her relationship with Franco?  If that is not the pot calling the kettle black than I don't know what is!  She has NO ROOM to pass judgement on anyone considering that her husband is also a killer, no matter how much he has supposedly been redeemed.  Never mind defending Sonny at every turn after he literally shot two of his family members.  I mean, she's right of course.  Obviously I get that she would hate Franco and for good reason.  However as a person who once kidnapped Liz's kid maybe dial back the self righteousness a tad.

• Love 12