Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I only liked Kevin and Laura today. They're sweet together, and kudos to the show for not being afraid to show them in bed together.

Anna is so annoyingly intense when she's investigating someone. She gets single-minded and focused on proving someone is The Evil, and it just consumes her character. It's like she only exists to discover the bad guys, and showcase how superior she is in comparison.

Julian's injuries look more like he let Avery finger paint on him.

Who thought Nelle helping Michael with his gift shopping was a good idea? I want to like Michael, but damn do the writers do their best to make him uninteresting.

• Love 12
52 minutes ago, Linny said:

Who thought Nelle helping Michael with his gift shopping was a good idea? I want to like Michael, but damn do the writers do their best to make him uninteresting.

Linny, you just set me up perfectly for a post I was going to post anyway. I thank you.

I've thought all Michael pairings are bland in general, although I have enjoyed some stuff here and there. And I think he is a factor in that. But he definitely has gotten crappy partners.* My question is are Michael pairings bland because they keep giving him bland partners or do they keep giving him bland partners because for some reason Michael just cause tptb to give him bland partners? The chicken, or the egg?!?!

*It's a generalization. I know there are many people who have enjoyed Michael's pairings and don't think he is bland at all. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5

Michael as written and acted is pretty bland, IMO. If they'd allow Michael to have an edge more often, I think his pairings might be less boring. But then, the women he's been with haven't exactly been balls of fire, either. And I don't think CD is all that comfortable with romantic scenes. AND, the writing for Michael's pairings is terrible.

There isn't just one problem.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 8
Just now, dubbel zout said:

And I don't think CD is all that comfortable with romantic scenes.

I think this is a big part of the problem. But also I agree that it would really help if they'd let Michael show more edge. For me Michael had his best sexual chemistry with Rosalie and I think that was probably at least half because Michael was edgier at the time.

• Love 5

So Carly is going to kick Ava's ass all over town if she dares to suggest that she regain custody of Avery? Last I checked, Carly is not related to that child in any way, shape or form. And the sex tape she was holding over Ava is now moot since Paul is in prison. Certainly Ava never cared if it was released. She only agreed to let sonny keep Avery because Paul threatened her. Rather than going to sonny's house to plead/antagonize him, she should just go back to court and demand that Sonny hand over the child.

Loved, loved, LOVED Kevin and Laura.

You just know Nelle is going to play that recording of Sonny at the Toys for Tots gala.

• Love 5

The scene where KA's Lauren walked in on Michael and Rosalie in bed was really good. We need more of IDGAF Michael.

You just know Nelle is going to play that recording of Sonny at the Toys for Tots gala.

I love that sort of thing; it's so soapy. This will never approach what happened at the premiere of "Vickerman" on OLTL, but if it's even a quarter as entertaining, that's success for this show.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 8

CD was awesome when Michael was on his revenge tour of all things CarSon and should be a leading man in his age bracket.  However, once Michael went tack to licking CarSon's boots, I was back to being bored with the character and his romantic interests are bad.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

This will be a UO, but I think Chad is the main problem.

Not UO with me, but I do think he's hampered by how they write Michael. So my breakdown would be: CA, 70 percent of the problem; writing, 30 percent of the problem.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Not UO with me, but I do think he's hampered by how they write Michael. So my breakdown would be: CA, 70 percent of the problem; writing, 30 percent of the problem.

But there are plenty of characters in the history of soaps that were essentially "good" but were not boring. Writing is the problem here, though, because they won't really allow Michael to have problems or make wrong decisions. He always ends up snuggling with Carly.

• Love 3

Michael is boring when he is Michael Corinthos and is a Sonny/Carly supporter and apologist.  He is at his best when he is Michael Quartermaine.  He is the CEO of ELQ, why don't the writers show him at work and using his unique background to set the corporate world on fire.  It would be great to see him bond with Jax over business.  It would kill Sonny to see Jax join Tracey in mentoring Michael as he takes his rightful place as the future head of the Quartermaine dynasty.

• Love 10

CA's acting choices could help counter some of that, and it's not happening, IMO. I mean, look what JE can do with the utter crap they give her. Granted, she's vastly more experienced. But CA sometimes looks like he's barely in the scene. That's totally on him.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Michael as written and acted is pretty bland, IMO. If they'd allow Michael to have an edge more often, I think his pairings might be less boring. But then, the women he's been with haven't exactly been balls of fire, either. And I don't think CD is all that comfortable with romantic scenes. AND, the writing for Michael's pairings is terrible.

There isn't just one problem.

He was acting like a total ass in the latter half of his relationship with Abby. So I don't know if that's quite it.

I think the problem is Chad doesn't say stuff with a lot of passion. He's not bad at sex scenes but whenever he tells a girl he loves her it's her it's pretty lukewarm.

14 minutes ago, Darklazr said:

CD was awesome when Michael was on his revenge tour of all things CarSon and should be a leading man in his age bracket.  However, once Michael went tack to licking CarSon's boots, I was back to being bored with the character and his romantic interests are bad.

I mean, yeah, a dose of Sonny and Carly hatred is always good but that didn't really do anything for his romance with Sabrina, imo (and I thought that relationship was okay).

They should try making Michael a bit more ruthless in his business dealings. Let us see that.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I think the problem is Chad doesn't say stuff with a lot of passion. He's not bad at sex scenes but whenever he tells a girl he loves her it's her it's pretty lukewarm.

This is true, too. But I've had this problem with many actors in recent years. Like, remember back in the day when actors were so convincing in pairings that you were like, "Wait, are they hooking up irl?" Ha.

2 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

P.S. There's a cliffhanger of Kiki being followed yesterday, today no follow-up. That's GH for you.

Kiki was murdered offscreen and they couldn't be bothered to follow up because who really gives a fuck.

• Love 10
Just now, LeftPhalange said:

Kiki was murdered offscreen and they couldn't be bothered to follow up because who really gives a fuck.

She'll come back in 6 months as Doctor Washington Rey.

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

I dunno, given the way this show likes to draaaaaag things out, I think it might be too soon for the tape to come out.  That smells like February sweeps to me.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I dunno, given the way this show likes to draaaaaag things out, I think it might be too soon for anyone to hear the tape.

But the next big event isn't until the nurses ball and I doubt they'll wait that long. Oh what am I saying? Of course they'll wait that long. Then there'll be zero emotional resonance. Not that there's any now either...

Edited by Sake614
  • Love 2

Dear lord, poor Kelly Monaco. "But I thought Diane was going to this for Sonny!" "But this is the best way to protect Sonny!" At least for BM this is his first rodeo.

Sonny hiding this Nelle stuff from Carly is so stupid. They should be playing this all Rhett and Scarlett post-Bonnie getting killed, Sonny coming home drunk, going "yeah I screwed the baby-sitter, what about it?" Throwing shit at each other, blaming each other, but knowing no one else is gonna take them and because they hate themselves so they stick around out of self-punishment.

But no, first it was poor innocent flower Carly hates the violence and now poor innocent Carly would just be shocked! that Sonny would sleep with someone inappropriate out of grief. Gah.

Did they throw out all of Dante's shirts? What happened? Why is he just wearing the one red flannel? Also, I think he is turning into an Ewok.

Oh God, freaking fighting over Avery again.

Damn it! Nurse Amy is still a thing?

2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Wait, is this Toys for Tots thing the charity event Monica and Tracy spearheaded last year?

Yeah.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 10

Seriously they had a pregnant Sam shivering outside in the winter when they are right outside fucking Kelly's. I know they don't like folks sharing scenes but that shit was stupid.

Alexis could have spoken with Anna and then stopped over at a table where Jasam could have been eating lunch or something. They were using the same damn set. Especially since they were talking yet again about Sonny. They aren't even trying to give them a hint of romance.

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, ulkis said:

She'll come back in 6 months as Doctor Washington Rey.

I can't imagine how bad HE would be trying to play a doctor.

I wish someone would give Avery to Griffin since he's so sad about his two day daughter being taken from him.

Kristina needs to step in as Sonny's #1 cheerleader so Sam and Jason can take a break.

Michael is largely bland and boring, the women he gets paired with are bland and boring and contribute nothing of value, and CD sometimes seems like he's just reciting words he memorized. Taken all together it feels like taking a bottle of xanax and a bottle of ambien at the same time and not knowing whether or not you're dead.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Lillybee said:

Carly claiming to be Avery's mother is selfish.

Fixed.  And water is wet.

I've been bored with the show for a while now, or grossed out.  The seesaw makes me want to vomit--oh wait, that's all the rapey plot points.

I was into Valentin, but IDGAF about him with Nina or Anna.  Snoresville.  

Sam gets maybe 30 seconds and it's usually boring.

Everyone is entirely too worried about mob boss Sonny's emotional well-being.  Carly, for one, caved too soon.

And Tracy gets nothing but playing matchmaker--though I liked her conversation with Laura and her advice.

Blech.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

And what a lame way to end the episode/week, with Carly "But THE VIOLENCE!" Corinthos threatening to kick Ava's ass in the previews.

Right?  For someone who's been all "Stop the violence!" for months now, she certainly was all gleeful and disdainful of Julian being hit by a car.  I guess the violence only matters if it happens to someone she loves.

And I can't even with her standing there all smug, acting like she's superior to Ava in any way.  Because, no, woman.  No.

46 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Damn it! Nurse Amy is still a thing?

I was just thinking about her earlier today, wondering if she'd re-upped to GH since it reopened.  (Felix, too.)  I may have conjured her.  I apologize.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, LeftPhalange said:

Michael is largely bland and boring, the women he gets paired with are bland and boring and contribute nothing of value, and CD sometimes seems like he's just reciting words he memorized. Taken all together it feels like taking a bottle of xanax and a bottle of ambien at the same time and not knowing whether or not you're dead.

He and Nelle were quite painful today. "Oh, what kind of mu. sic do you. like? Let's keep it generic and not. name. an. y names, we wouldn't to have to remember it for another episode or make it seem like we have personalities and likes and dislikes."

• Love 6
55 minutes ago, Fellaway said:

I guess the violence only matters if it happens to someone she loves.

That's always been the case. Someone else's kid gets shot? That's carelessness on the kid's part. Her kid bites it? International tragedy.

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

poor innocent Carly would just be shocked! that Sonny would sleep with someone inappropriate out of grief.

Probably the stupidest thing that happened today. Sleeping with inappropriate people out of grief is what Sonny and Carly do. The most they should be angry about is the terrible taste they show in their grief!sex partners.

And again with Sonny being so isolated because he's under house arrest. STAHP.

The second stupidest thing was Sam and Jason hanging around the doorway of Kelly's when it's freezing outside.

Curtis's double-take when Julian said he'd regret it if he continued investigating was hilarious.

Ava, petition the court for custody changes. FFS.

• Love 7

The writers seem afraid to let Michael move out of his role as the responsible son, the one who's willing to sacrifice anything for his family. It's the niche they created for him ever since he killed Claudia to defend Carly. Morgan was the impetuous, rash child; Kristina's fickle and childish. So it fell on Michael's shoulders to support his parents through all of their tribulations. After AJ's death was the only time Michael's been allowed to do what he wants without dealing with Sonny and Carly's shit. He really should have embraced his Quartermaine business acumen and kept his distance from his parents. But instead he went right back to falling on the sword for them, and the character has been stagnant since then. Michael's such a flat character that it's next to impossible to care about him.

• Love 7

Ava, petition the court for custody changes. FFS.

She doesn't even have to do that, Ava still has legal custody of Avery!  She can take her anytime she wants, but didn't because of the stupid flash drive (Paul threatened to turn it in if she didn't go along with Carly's stupid blackmail over the Paul/Ava sex tape).

• Love 6
3 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Taken all together it feels like taking a bottle of xanax and a bottle of ambien at the same time and not knowing whether or not you're dead.

I needed that laugh, thanks LeftPhalange! Best line IMO since the comment about Sam's unborn baby wearing heels and kicking her in the cha-cha. 

• Love 4

Did I miss a follow-up scene or did the Kevin/Laura portion of today's episode end with Kevin running off to the hospital for the Santa thing once he realized he was late, and Laura asking for a rain check for breakfast? Is she supposed to wait around in his bed until he comes back? She has no clothes except Tracy's fur coat so she can't exactly go home. Lol

• Love 2

Two questions...

How will TIIC twist things to let Franco either read the Christmas story this year or play Santa?

How long after Julian blackmails Alexis into taking care of him that he "saves her" from alcoholism?

• Love 4
13 hours ago, ciarra said:

Jason is running out of time to find the bomber and save Sonny?  What about promising Epiphany that he'd find out who killed Stan?

That was two regimes ago. You can't expect jelly to remember what guza did almost 10 years ago when they can't remember what they did yesterday ?

• Love 4
19 hours ago, ulkis said:

Sonny hiding this Nelle stuff from Carly is so stupid. They should be playing this all Rhett and Scarlett post-Bonnie getting killed, Sonny coming home drunk, going "yeah I screwed the baby-sitter, what about it?" Throwing shit at each other, blaming each other, but knowing no one else is gonna take them and because they hate themselves so they stick around out of self-punishment.

But no, first it was poor innocent flower Carly hates the violence and now poor innocent Carly would just be shocked! that Sonny would sleep with someone inappropriate out of grief. Gah.

This is absolutely spot-on right. Carly had walked out on Sonny and they were separated. For savvy Sonny to be so scared of Carly finding out about Nelle is just stupid and unrealistic. It actually makes Sonny seem "whipped," weak, and emasculated, not to mention putting him in newbie Nelle's reckless power. Sonny may be chained to his ankle device, but he should be seething too and figuring out a way to get Carly back honestly or not so honestly. Carly kissed Jax because he is a strong independent man, and she senses that Sonny is not strong--he has lost his backbone.

If Sonny and Carly reconcile with the secret of Nelle between them, and then the secret comes out in the open, perhaps Carly will at last feel a fool for trusting and indulging Nelle so much. Then the couple will be even as fools go. It would be fun to see Carly humiliated and angry again in public, as Franco did at their almost-wedding when news about AJ's murderer was revealed.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 3
55 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Carly kissed Jax because he is a strong independent man, and she senses that Sonny is not strong--he has lost his backbone.

You give both Carly and Sonny waaayyy too much credit. Carly kissed Jax because he was there, and being nice to her. Don't know if you saw when BM was new to the role of Jason, and Carly kissed "Jake Doe" on NYE.  Or when she had hate sex w/SK's AJ. She's about using whatever man is in front of her, for how she's feeling in the moment. That's why she and Sonny screwed in the limo (when taking comatose Michael to a hospital) while she was married to/ "in love with" Jax. 

Sonny may have had a backbone once, but that was before he relied on Jason and tended to blame Jason for not doing his job well whenever Sonny's poor choices and failure to listen to people resulted in the injuries or deaths of people they claimed to care about/love. Carly was never attracted to Sonny's backbone; she was attracted to the power he had as a Mobster, which included lots of money and minions to do his bidding. 

• Love 8
18 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Did I miss a follow-up scene or did the Kevin/Laura portion of today's episode end with Kevin running off to the hospital for the Santa thing once he realized he was late, and Laura asking for a rain check for breakfast? Is she supposed to wait around in his bed until he comes back? She has no clothes except Tracy's fur coat so she can't exactly go home. Lol

Lexielily I thought the same thing.  I so wanted a scene of Laura's walk of shame in Tracy's mink coat.  Imagine Dante and Lulu returning home after their night at the Metrocourt and finding Tracy babysitting Rocco.  As they start to question why Tracy is there and Laura isn't, Laura walks through the door in the mink coat.   Tracy's cat that ate the canary face, Laura's mortified face, Lulu wanting all the details and Dante wanting to just get the hell out of there would have been hilarious.  It would have been a great bonding moment between Lulu, her mother and stepmother.  Instead we get more Sonny/Carly angst.

Edited by movingtargetgal
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, movingtargetgal said:

Lexielily I thought the same thing.  I so wanted a scene of Laura's walk of shame in Tracy's mink coat.  Imagine Dante and Lulu returning home after their night at the Metrocourt and finding Tracy babysitting Rocco.  As they start to question why Tracy is there and Laura isn't, Laura walks through the door in the mink coat.   Tracy's cat that ate the canary face, Laura's mortified face, Lulu wanting all the details and Dante wanting to just get the hell out of there would have hilarious.  It would have been a great bonding moment between Lulu, her mother and stepmother.  Instead we get more Sonny/Carly angst.

I should have watched the Lulu and Dante scenes yesterday. Did Lulu (or either of them) even wonder why her mom wasn't home?

21 hours ago, ciarra said:

Jason is running out of time to find the bomber and save Sonny?  What about promising Epiphany that he'd find out who killed Stan?

Literally spit out a mouthful of Gatorade when I read this. Thank you, I needed that lol

36 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:
3 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Laura's walk of shame

I know this is a turn of phrase, but Laura has absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. 

I agree 100% Dubbel Zout Laura has nothing to be ashamed of she is an adult.  After everything she has been through she deserves to be happy and to have a great sex life.  I never meant the turn of phrase to mean that Laura should feel an once of shame. I am so glad that Tracy encouraged Laura to go out and get her man. 

Edited by movingtargetgal
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Who?

No, not Courtney. :-) (But now you have me picturing grown Michael with her and...eeewww. I guess Dead Sabrina wins by a hair in that contest. And you know how I felt about her...)

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 4:09 PM, Sake614 said:

So Carly is going to kick Ava's ass all over town if she dares to suggest that she regain custody of Avery? Last I checked, Carly is not related to that child in any way, shape or form. And the sex tape she was holding over Ava is now moot since Paul is in prison. Certainly Ava never cared if it was released. She only agreed to let sonny keep Avery because Paul threatened her. Rather than going to sonny's house to plead/antagonize him, she should just go back to court and demand that Sonny hand over the child.

Loved, loved, LOVED Kevin and Laura.

Why do we have to keep involving children in Sonny and his sexcapades?  I don't think the Tots wanted those Toys....

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 4:53 PM, TeeVee329 said:

Wait, is this Toys for Tots thing the charity event Monica and Tracy spearheaded last year?

I thought it was Guns for Toys for Tots...clean up the streets?  Aren't guns involved?

17 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

I agree 100% Dubbel Zout Laura has nothing to be ashamed of she is an adult.  After everything she has been through she deserves to be happy and to have a great sex life.  

General Hospital paraphrased:

Laura: "Kevin!" (gasps) "Kevin! Kevin! Kevin!" (screams of pleasure)

Kevin: "Laura are you all right?"

Laura: "I believe it is the first time I ever had...I mean I've never experienced...what just happened to me?"

Kevin: "You felt nothing like that all those years you were married to Luke?"

Laura: "Heck no--he was a dud in bed, apparently! Let's do it again!"

• Love 3
3 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

General Hospital paraphrased:

Laura: "Kevin!" (gasps) "Kevin! Kevin! Kevin!" (screams of pleasure)

Kevin: "Laura are you all right?"

Laura: "I believe it is the first time I ever had...I mean I've never experienced...what just happened to me?"

Kevin: "You felt nothing like that all those years you were married to Luke?"

Laura: "Heck no--he was a dud in bed, apparently! Let's do it again!"

Wow, then her taking Scott's heart through the wringer, several times, makes her look like even more of a bitch if the sex was never that good to begin with.