Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, stlbf said:

Blame? I'm 95% sure that Carly will be blaming Lauren for Morgan's dumbass behavior and fucking crimes.

She's a wimmins. It's Lauren's responsibility to keep Morgan in line. And to drive the point home, I'm sure Nelle will chime in with the fact that Morgan thought he saw Lauren and Dillon having sex earlier, so naturally it's Lauren's fault Morgan went off the rails. But it's never Carly's fault when Sonny does something stupid. (Not that it's ever Sonny's fault either, but you get where I'm going with this.) Ugh.

Edited by dubbel zout
preposition correction
  • Love 4

When Morgan stepped out of the car with that object in his hand (phone?), for some reason I thought it was a gun.  It was obvious he was about to "die", and for a moment I had the chilling thought that he was going to shoot himself in the head.  I actually thought to myself, is this really going to happen?  Not that I necessarily wanted it to, but when has suicide ever been addressed on soaps?  It seems like suicides tend to be murder cover ups on TV.  It could be done right, but who am I kidding?  This is GH.

Nelle (to Carly, after she tells Nelle about a bunch of her antics, including the Bobbie/Tony stuff): There are plenty of awful people, but you aren't one of them.

Me: ...girl, get your ears checked.  And your eyes.  And your sense of smell.

But obviously, she's gaming Carly because she also said she's jealous of what Carly has.  C'mon, girl, get your scheming bitch on and steal it, starting with the hotel!

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

she's jealous of what Carly has

Oh, lord. I'm all for Nelle causing trouble for Carly, but it's ridiculous that Nelle's story has to copy Carly's. I know, History! and all that, but FFS.

And on another note, yes, Carly's life of bullets, kidnappings, rapes, and beatdowns is certainly something to aspire to.

Edited by dubbel zout
extra sarcasm
  • Love 4

Watching Nelle trip all over herself to kiss Carly's ass was all sorts of embarrassing. Girl, find yourself a better role model.

I really bought Ava's devastation over Morgan. No matter how deplorable the character is, the actress always brings her A-game. 

Franco, if you were truly sorry for your actions, you'd respect Sam and Jason's boundaries. Stop trying to force them to like you. Have fun playing house with Liz and stop pouting because people want to hold you accountable for your actions.

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Oh, lord. I'm all for Nelle causing trouble for Carly, but it's ridiculous that Nelle's story has to copy Carly's. I know, History! and all that, but FFS.

And on another note, yes, Carly's life of bullets, kidnappings, rapes, and beatdowns is certainly something to aspire to.

I agree about Nelle.  I know everyone hates Carly and wants Karma to bite her in the ass.  But I watched that story already (and loved it), and I'd rather not watch a pale imitation.  So far, Nelle has shown nothing but the desire to be close to Carly.  And she's seemed protective of Michael, Morgan, and Joss.  I like Nelle, and love the actress.  I don't want her to go psycho.  I know everyone hates Corinthos children, but I wonder if she's Sonny's child.  This would make her available as a love interest to Michael, because there's no blood connection.  I was grossed out at young Carly in bed with Tony, and I'm really grossed out at the thought of Nelle with Sonny.  I just don't want them to go there.  Regardless, they need to start hinting at what's going on.  Maybe one of those dumb scenes where characters talk aloud to themselves.  So far, Nelle just doesn't have the hardness or anger that young Carly did.  The actress has an inherent sweetness, and continues to remind me of young Diane Lane.

• Love 2

Yeah, I believed Ava's devastation and guilt much more than I believed Sonny's. The way he told Carly that Morgan's dead was so flat/cold/matter-of-fact you'd think he was telling her the neighbor's dog got run over and she should just accept his word. 

The way they closed the scene is a duplicate of how the 'Jake is dead' scene was done with JJ's Lucky and Liz (in this case, their living room instead of the GH waiting/conference room).  

DZ was very good - I believed Dante's devastation (who hasn't known Morgan since birth) much more than Sonny's too - seriously, just resigned and not even a quiet sob before he went in to tell Carly. Damn he's cold!

The b.s. way Franco explained himself to Jake was as gag-worthy as every Nelle-Carly moment. Hopefully this means Nelle is starting to scheme? 

I like that Michael will hear the news from Dante, so Sonny can't try to whitewash/deflect blame.   

• Love 7
43 minutes ago, Linny said:

Franco, if you were truly sorry for your actions, you'd respect Sam and Jason's boundaries. Stop trying to force them to like you. Have fun playing house with Liz and stop pouting because people want to hold you accountable for your actions.

I can't put my finger on it, but there's something off that Sam wasn't allowed to express her feelings here.  She just got to stand there and listen to Franco explain/explain away what he did.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

I can't put my finger on it, but there's something off that Sam wasn't allowed to express her feelings here.  She just got to stand there and listen to Franco explain and explain away.

I assume because he was explaining to her impressionable young stepson, Jake. She can't just yell her feelings or attack him, esp. after what happened with her and Jake in Liz's first house. She hates Franco for good reason - but Jake's been through a lot and the show made a point that he has emotional health issues. Today the Show made it clear that Elizabeth and Sam have no idea how to approach this subject, or how Jake would react to any kind of a safe-for-kid-ears/sanitized version of the truth. Jake thinks Franco is a good guy, and his friend, so it's very tricky territory to navigate.   

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I assume because he was explaining to her impressionable young stepson, Jake. She can't just yell her feelings or attack him, esp. after what happened with her and Jake in Liz's first house. She hates Franco for good reason - but Jake's been through a lot and the show made a point that he has emotional health issues. Today the Show made it clear that Elizabeth and Sam have no idea how to approach this subject, or how Jake would react to any kind of a safe-for-kid-ears/sanitized version of the truth. Jake thinks Franco is a good guy, and his friend, so it's very tricky territory to navigate.   

It's just...he's not Jake's parent or stepparent, he's barely Liz's boyfriend.  So for Franco to be the one who sits Jake down and explains this delicate situation to any degree is just weird.

I agree with dubbel zout, it was all about whitewashing Franco some more.  I'm just so sick of it.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 10
6 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

It's just...he's not Jake's parent or stepparent, he's barely Liz's boyfriend.  So for Franco to be the one who sits Jake down and explains this delicate situation to any degree is just weird.

It's also gross. Why is his POV the one that gets to matter?  WTF is wrong with this show?

• Love 13

Wow, Maura West is a goddess.  I get that she put this whole thing in motion by messing with Morgan's meds, but goodness I beleived Ava's devestation and pain.  I also liked the flashbacks.

Sonny/MB was awful.  I felt nothing from him and I thought he was an ass in how he told Carly.  

• Love 11

I'm shocked to say I enjoyed all the acting regarding Morgan's death today.

Dante - Choking back emotion while talking to Julian.  Unable to accept that Sonny's responsible at first, so imagines Julian pointing it out.  Then accepting and angry at Sonny, expressing it to Jason.  Then only half-heartedly attempting to distract Jordan, before acknowledging he knows Sonny's responsible. 

Jason - Wasn't bad.  Showed a better connection with Sonny and Dante.  Interacted well with Jake, and showed some connection with Sam.  I think Cyborg would have done a better job.  Although he was often vacant, he had those pale blue eyes that could emote, and often looked like they were tearing up.

Julian - I was impressed by him.  It's a shame they ruined him by making him attack Alexis.  He immediately backed down with Dante when he realized it was Morgan.  He restrained himself from goading Dante and yelling about Sonny.  He was gentle when he told Ava, and understanding of her grief.  And he managed to show no glee or satisfaction.

Sonny - MB usually works for me, what can I say?  He's always chewing the scenery with this kind of scene, and I thought he did well with emoting his pain.  At the end with Carly, I think he was totally enervated.  He'd dived off a cliff (or something), almost drowned, and spent a lot of time stomping and screaming.  He was wiped and even shut down when he told Carly.  I didn't think it was cold, but it was abrupt.  And he did comfort her.

Carly - I like LW most of the time, and this was no exception.  Predictable response and I bought it.  I happen to love when the camera pulls away from the scene, and we can only see what's happening.  The first time I remember it was on SB when Eden and Cruz's newborn was kidnapped.  We actually heard nothing.  The camera was inside the hospital nursery where Eden had gone to look at the baby.  We see Cruz walk up to tell her and then her reaction.  I thought it was heartbreaking.

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I agree with dubbel zout, it was all about whitewashing Franco some more.  I'm just so sick of it.

It's definitely about whitewashing Franco.

Franco sat Jake down to talk to him, and Liz froze as he did so, instead of asserting herself as the parent and saying "No, I'll talk to him'. Bad writing choice/poor parenting. (I understand why Sam didn't step forward -impossible situation for her.)

I could give the writers a tiny bit of credit if, in Liz's next scene, she says she was worried Jake would freak out if she separated him from his buddy Franco during that tense scene, and then tells Franco I am the parent, I decide what he should know about delicate subjects. Your decision to talk to him without asking me first is not okay.

• Love 5

But it's part of the entirely unacceptable boundary violating that he's been engaging in, with both Liz and Jake, since his first scene with Jake. She keeps talking to him about it and he keeps ignoring her and doing whatever he wants.

I have bypassed SWSNBN levels of hatred and loathing for this character

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 9

In addition, I'm also so tired of Special Snowflake Jake.  How about a scene where Liz explains this new relationship with Franco to Cameron, who must have heard/overheard about Franco's misdeeds over the years, including the kidnapping of little brother Aiden.

• Love 14

The difference between Maura West/Ava and MB/Sonny is , MW is a great actress who is able to portray Ava as a multi dimensional character.  She is able to sell the fact that Ava does really bad things but also struggles with the guilt and shame about the choices she has made.  SHe knows she is not a good person, but she wishes she was.  MB is a lazy actor who stumbles and mumble his lines.  At this stage of the game Sonny is a one note character. His motivation is obtaining and keeping power.  He has no shame and can rationalize his ass off and blame everything and everyone but himself.  He is certain he is a good man and is unwilling to change even if this means his loved ones remaining in danger.  

• Love 12
31 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Who's the real victim here? Franco, of course. Everyone is so mean not to like him!

I cannot believe I watched a 5 minute scenes of greasy haired Franco wheedle Carly for free food. Was that supposed to be comic relief? That scene is the epitome of why Franco sucks. And did I mention the hair? Ugh.

I was annoyed with Jason for letting Sonny jump in the water. I wanted Dante to tell him he knows why Sonny wants to go in the water, but Sonny shouldn't get to do something just cause it'll make him feel better.

Aw, flashbacks to when I liked Ava and Morgan.

MW is a good actress but she goes way too fast into shrieking mode. Julian tells her what happen and she immediately shrieks. There should be a vocal step in between that and her normal talking.

Liz: do you want to come in?

Sam: Sure.

For no reason whatsoever! why do they do this? There's nothing wrong with a little frostiness! There's a middle ground between getting along fine and slapping. 

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, ulkis said:

There's a middle ground between getting along fine and slapping. 

Not on this show, unfortunately. Nuance is a concept they are completely unwilling to write. Though this sounds like something the actors could have fixed a bit with their reads. (I haven't seen today's ep yet.)

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

The difference between Maura West/Ava and MB/Sonny is , MW is a great actress who is able to portray Ava as a multi dimensional character.  She is able to sell the fact that Ava does really bad things but also struggles with the guilt and shame about the choices she has made.  SHe knows she is not a good person, but she wishes she was.  MB is a lazy actor who stumbles and mumble his lines.  At this stage of the game Sonny is a one note character. His motivation is obtaining and keeping power.  He has no shame and can rationalize his ass off and blame everything and everyone but himself.  He is certain he is a good man and is unwilling to change even if this means his loved ones remaining in danger.  

Why would he doubt it when he is surrounded by enablers who forgive him EVERY horrible thing he has done?

• Love 7

Today wasn't bad. I was actually semi-engaged in what was happening.

I had a horrible thought that they would name JaSam baby, Morgan, then I realized its last name would be Morgan, so they can't name it that. Plus of course Morgan isn't dead dead dead. He's just dead.

Nelle wants everything Carly has?

Way to victimize Sam again, Franco! Way to go, writers! Bitch, it wasn't just one lie, it was several, and you also traumatized the hell out of her. That being said, can someone slap the smug from Liz's face? Franco shouldn't be anywhere near children, women, humans, puppies, kittens and other living creatures. Also, a hair cut? I'll pay the $10 for it.

Keep Lule from Dante 2016 campaign is in full effect! Lulu is the vortex of suck.

Ava and Julian were good scenes. How did Ava go from being in love with Morgan to despising him like that?

I did like the way they shot the closing scene behind the window like that, without the yelling and screaming. The impact is better that way.

• Love 6
51 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

The difference between Maura West/Ava and MB/Sonny is , MW is a great actress who is able to portray Ava as a multi dimensional character.  She is able to sell the fact that Ava does really bad things but also struggles with the guilt and shame about the choices she has made. 

And MB used to be a pretty talented actor and a compelling character. I've seen this play before with better writers and with sets that didn't look like the rejects from a high school play.

51 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

His motivation is obtaining and keeping power.  He has no shame and can rationalize his ass off and blame everything and everyone but himself.  He is certain he is a good man and is unwilling to change even if this means his loved ones remaining in danger.  

She doesn't have a consistent motivation, it changes every few weeks or so. She has no shame and actively worked to make sure that she wouldn't have to pay for murdering a woman by making sure that somebody else died for it - and then she protected herself by screwing her boyfriend's father on their victim's grave. Any worthless remorse she may have felt has never outweighed her belief that her life and her desires are more important than anyone/anything else. 

She's Sonny in a dress. The fact that she shrieks or vamps instead of mumbling her way through a scene is not enough to make her worthwhile.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 6
21 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

She is able to sell the fact that Ava does really bad things but also struggles with the guilt and shame about the choices she has made.  SHe knows she is not a good person, but she wishes she was.

I kind of disagree with this. Not MW's talent, but the stuff about Ava. If she really struggled with guilt and shame, she'd stop making bad choices. Or at least think about the effects of those bad choices. Messing with Morgan's meds so her daughter breaks up with him? Seriously? This isn't scheming, it's ridiculously immature. And if Ava did feel such guilt and shame, why did she continue to switch his meds? And why is she aghast at the results? She knows Morgan fairly well. What did she expect, that he would pull a Sonny and mope around the house in a velour track suit?

It's so poorly written. MW is giving it her all, I'll give her that, but as ulkis pointed out, she goes way too quickly to shriek mode. Or she cries. Or both. 

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Not on this show, unfortunately. Nuance is a concept they are completely unwilling to write. Though this sounds like something the actors could have fixed a bit with their reads. (I haven't seen today's ep yet.)

Not really. They played it awkwardly, it was the situation. Why should Liz invite her in for no reason, and Sam accept. Liz didn't even say, "can you come in, I want to talk to you", she said "would you like to come in?" And do what Liz, stand around awkwardly?

@YaddaYadda , she doesn't really hate Morgan. They broke up cause she slept with Sonny and she only started messing with his pills because she wanted him to break up with Kiki, and being Ava, she had no problem doing something so drastic against him.

2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I kind of disagree with this. Not MW's talent, but the stuff about Ava. If she really struggled with guilt and shame, she'd stop making bad choices. Or at least think about the effects of those bad choices. Messing with Morgan's meds so her daughter breaks up with him? Seriously? This isn't scheming, it's ridiculously immature. And if Ava did feel such guilt and shame, why did she continue to switch his meds? And why is she aghast at the results? She knows Morgan fairly well. What did she expect, that he would pull a Sonny and mope around the house in a velour track suit?

Yeah, I don't think Ava wishes she was good. I do think she has moments of conscience, and she does love her daughters (and Julian), but I don't think she wishes she was good. 

• Love 3

I had a horrible thought that they would name JaSam baby, Morgan, then I realized its last name would be Morgan, so they can't name it that.

Awww, why not?  Morgan Morgan.  It's like Duran Duran.

• Love 5

I do hope that I am not the only person who wanted to slap Sonny when he said that he couldn't protect his son.  He was the one who set the bomb thing into motion.

OTOH, when Morgan comes back from the "dead", he has no reason to be jealous of his brothers. Hey, Dante and Michael, I know you both got shot because of Dad but he did blow me up.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Awww, why not?  Morgan Morgan.  It's like Duran Duran.

They can name the baby "Captain". That way they can name it after Morgan without it being confusing! ;)

• Love 4

She has no shame and actively worked to make sure that she wouldn't have to pay for murdering a woman by making sure that somebody else died for it - and then she protected herself by screwing her boyfriend's father on their victim's grave.

I don't necessarily disagree with your general opinion of Ava but I feel like I have seen this sentiment posted a number of times but I disagree with it.  It sounds like Ava sleeping with Sonny was calculated and I don't remember it that way.  As a I recall, she caught Morgan kissing??? Kiki or something along those lines and overreacted the way only soap characters can.  She was upset about Morgan, got into it with Sonny and ended up having sex with him.  In the end, she may have benefited from sleeping with Sonny but I don't think that was her intention in the moment; I don't think she had any intention, period.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, Mrs. Stanwyck said:

She was upset about Morgan, got into it with Sonny and ended up having sex with him.  In the end, she may have benefited from sleeping with Sonny but I don't think that was her intention in the moment; I don't think she had any intention, period.

Ugh. I don't know whether that's better or worse but I'll concede the lack of intent. I agree that MW is a talented actress and I want to enjoy her but the writing for the character has been relentlessly atrocious and I'm less willing to overlook it at this point

Edited by Oracle42

well, as usual, everyone here has done a great (sometimes much better) job of summing up my feelings about the show than I could :).

I just have to repeat the comments about MB/Sonny. Damn there was no emotion from him at all. Just "Sit down I have to tell you something about Morgan." and then "Morgan is dead. Our baby is dead." When Carly collapsed and Sonny pulled her in, I really thought they were going to have sex, because well, that's what they do when they're grieving lol!

And for someone who nearly drowned, Sonny was barely even wet. His hair was still perfectly shellacked to his head and there was no water dripping from him anywhere. Hell, Jason looked wetter than he did! I really wanted Dante to arrest him, but I guess there isn't any evidence other than everyone knowing Sonny set up a hit on Julian.

MW/Ava once again knocked it out of the park, but I really wish makeup would invest in some waterproof mascara. It can't possibly be anymore expensive than the non-waterproof variety, and at least I wouldn't have to see raccoon eyes every time a woman cries.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Mrs. Stanwyck said:

I don't necessarily disagree with your general opinion of Ava but I feel like I have seen this sentiment posted a number of times but I disagree with it.  It sounds like Ava sleeping with Sonny was calculated and I don't remember it that way.  As a I recall, she caught Morgan kissing??? Kiki or something along those lines and overreacted the way only soap characters can.  She was upset about Morgan, got into it with Sonny and ended up having sex with him.  In the end, she may have benefited from sleeping with Sonny but I don't think that was her intention in the moment; I don't think she had any intention, period.

No, she didn't see Kiki and Morgan kissing. She just followed Sonny into the crypt, I guess to make sure he kept quiet about AJ's shooting.

That said I don't think she set out to have sex with him or get pregnant. I do think she used the pregnancy though, once she discovered she was. Otherwise I imagine she probably would have kept it to herself (unless the baby turns out to be Morgan's).

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

That said I don't think she set out to have sex with him or get pregnant. I do think she used the pregnancy though, once she discovered she was. Otherwise I imagine she probably would have kept it to herself (unless the baby turns out to be Morgan's).

Agreed.  And she certainly didn't "get herself pregnant", as so many asshole characters like to claim. *glares at Rex from OLTL*

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

I really thought that DZ was great these past two days.

He has been. I would say it's a shame he didn't get more to do, but they a) did give him a story last year and his character was destroyed, and b) he utterly checked out. I am still wondering what the hell it was about that Dante got outed as cheater in front of a crowd and DZ decided to play it as "eh".

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 7

So sick of DNAJ being the only kid that gets air time. And he is used to prop poor poor Franco who is being bullied by JaSam. 

Freako only apologized to benefit DNAJ. He was not sincere at all. 

Liez has a permanent smirky bitch face. I cant stand it. 

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I do think she used the pregnancy though, once she discovered she was. Otherwise I imagine she probably would have kept it to herself (unless the baby turns out to be Morgan's).

Once she began to show, though, the cat's out of the bag. And not even Sonny would deliberately kill a pregnant woman, regardless of who the father is. 

Or do you mean Ava would have kept the paternity of the baby to herself, ulkis? Both Sonny and Morgan, dumb as they are, might have wondered.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Once she began to show, though, the cat's out of the bag. And not even Sonny would deliberately kill a pregnant woman, regardless of who the father is. 

Or do you mean Ava would have kept the paternity of the baby to herself, ulkis? Both Sonny and Morgan, dumb as they are, might have wondered.

No, I meant teh first. I figure Ava would have left town to hide it (you know, in a soap world where characters weren't bound by their actors' contracts). Or maybe have an abortion, I dunno.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, bannana said:

Do we know that Sonny planted the bomb? I missed that ep.

No and they'll probably have his contractor say he didn't set the bomb. Because u less they exonerate Sonny, how does he continue when he actually killed his own son? Not the cop who betrayed him and whose identity was unknown to him at the time, but his 'baby.' 

• Love 4