Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

58 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

He really has no scenes of length with anyone, not even Sam/Liz/Franco, TBH. Take Michael for example. All about 30 second scenes. Jason isn't having meaningful conversations with anyone but Sam, and even those are lacking bc it's all fluff now.

What?  You don't think "we're so happy! Aren't we so happy?  We're so happy!" to be substantive conversations? 

• Love 7

Love Linny and HeatLifer's reactions. Also, Carly manipulating Michael toward forgiveness while he's speaking at his girlfriend's funeral, and using the girlfriend's memory to do it, was almost as low as Sonny and Ava screwing on AJ's grave. Ugh.

The funeral highlighted that there were exactly 5 characters who had spent significant time with Sabrina, between her personal and professional lives. Did I miss why Sam wasn't there with Jason? And did Dante show up only after the funeral? I'm confused. I'm a little surprised Kristina wasn't there, to support Michael.

• Love 2

That was so so terrible.  I know Sabrina was part of the show for years, but she never really made much of an impression, at least to me.  And I never ever felt that she and Michael were star-crossed lovers or any kind of lovers, for that matter.  They just sort of drifted together, then she ran away, then she came back, they hooked up again, and she died.  And to give her much of this episode for her funeral...yawn. 

However, I do feel bad for Felix because he actually was her friend for the entire time she was on.  And...I just like him, he has a sweet face, and has never gotten to do much on the show.  I'll leave now...

• Love 13

Even if people hated SBu or his character, when Jason Morgan walked into a room, you noticed him.  

Honestly, how could you not.  The man was in over 200 episodes every year and he always looked like he'd just smelled a fart. 

Yeah, sorry I was never a fan of SBu or his character due to extraordinary over play.

• Love 11

Given how weird the attendance at things has been, I'm kind of surprised Felix is at Sabrina's memorial service. On the other hand, it's Sabrina's memorial service. I'm kind of surprised they didn't have the entire cast show up.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1

I zipped through and watched some clips of last week. How can this show have some pretty decent actors-and yet remain so unengaging? It's like, I don't even have expectations anymore-so just a blip of something entertaining will surpass what I am expecting. And yet....even JE cannot make me feel a thing lately. I mean, truthfully, I was going by very fast, but still.....nada.  I used to at least have characters and scenes that brought a smile to my face. There was Tracy and Finn-and I repeat that she is STILL the only one making me give a crap about him. Everything else, even the Monica/Tracy stuff? So meh for me.  Felix gave me the sads about Sabrina, and I really pay no attention to him-but the actor did a good job.

I don't understand what the point is of Tracy/Paul, unless she indeed will be the one to bring him down. I mean, if they let her remain oblivious and JaStupid comes to the rescue, ABC will hear from me. I'm tired of that kind of baloney-it makes me want to punch someone in the face.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Love Linny and HeatLifer's reactions. Also, Carly manipulating Michael toward forgiveness while he's speaking at his girlfriend's funeral, and using the girlfriend's memory to do it, was almost as low as Sonny and Ava screwing on AJ's grave. Ugh.

The funeral highlighted that there were exactly 5 characters who had spent significant time with Sabrina, between her personal and professional lives. Did I miss why Sam wasn't there with Jason? And did Dante show up only after the funeral? I'm confused. I'm a little surprised Kristina wasn't there, to support Michael.

Dante was there the whole time. He was sitting next to Felix.

Felix: I don't know when Sabrina and I became friends. Just one day, we were like this.

Okay, so they just became insta friends off screen too. Can't even bother to make up SOME story, writers?

Franco being the Liz expert now drives me bonkers. PLEASE let Laura throw some of her bitchface his way.

Yikes. Whose idea was it to make that a Friday episode?

• Love 2

Ah, Michael? Sabrina might've been so kind and wonderful to Avery do to the fact she was sucking up to her spiritual maker. As SHE TRIED TO MURDER AVERY BEFORE SHE WAS BORN! Just a thought.

Also, fuck off Carly.

And the 4 brains looking at solving the case: maybe you should remember that the 1st person Sabrina saw was Paul. Who also didn't go get help as he was asked to do by Sabrina. Oh, and since when was Valerie friendly with Sabrina?  WTF?

And this fucking song needs to be taken out, drowned, shot in the head, wrapped in a TARP, wrapped in chains and cinder blocks and then dumped 200 miles out into the Atlantic.

• Love 8

Did Claudette rip that hair out of Charlotte's head?  Because I'm pretty sure that you need roots to do a dna test.  The actress made some pretty weird acting choices --smug, gloating -- and all while Claudette is supposed to be beside herself with fear for the safety of her child. 

Did they fire Jarlos for the 3rd time?  Sucks to be you.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Did they fire Jarlos for the 3rd time?  Sucks to be you.

I'm pretty sure JVP was recurring, and Dr. Carrrlos wasn't meant to be long-term. TeCa found out Sabrina would be killed about three months before it happened, and that sounds about when they brought him on again.

It looks like FV is finally cutting some of this bloated cast and I hope he continues with at least another dozen not needed characters.   Sabrina is dead and Joe left town with Teddy.  

Sob.  Elizabeth is never going to be free from creepy AF Franco!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Linny said:

I never want to hear "You're Not Alone" or the name Sabrina Santiago ever again. Bury that fucking song in an unmarked grave where no one will be able to find it.

LOL at Kimberly McCullough's live tweeting comment:

@whitewatercrew 2m2 minutes ago

Oh man. Not that song again! #Iwanttobealone #psychofan

• Love 12
2 hours ago, stlbf said:

And this fucking song needs to be taken out, drowned, shot in the head, wrapped in a TARP, wrapped in chains and cinder blocks and then dumped 200 miles out into the Atlantic.

Just don't have the Gummy Bear mob do it. They'd miss and then we'd be in danger of its resurrection.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Gold right here. Too bad she'll likely get it now from the Sabrina contingent. But this was worth it!  :-)

Anyone who bashes her didn't like her to begin with, lol! We're all allowed to have opinions, like/dislike characters and stories, dislike overly used music, etc. She's no different. Tweet it out, Kimmie!

• Love 1

Uhm, did Paul just admit to Tracy that he killed Sabrina???  Or is it going to be one of those, "I didn't catch the killer so she's dead" type things come Monday?  

Why wasn't Lulu, Morgan, Kiki, Kristina and Molly at the funeral to support Michael?

• Love 1

Popular young hospital nurse dies tragically and that is the turnout? Even if it was her first day back there should have been more people there.
Also, I hate that song and hope that it is retired.

Did I skip the part where they explained why Lulu wasn't there with her husband?

LOL that Jason missed half the service. You know he's not really Jason because he willingly put on a suit and tie without whining about it.

2 hours ago, stlbf said:

Ah, Michael? Sabrina might've been so kind and wonderful to Avery do to the fact she was sucking up to her spiritual maker. As SHE TRIED TO MURDER AVERY BEFORE SHE WAS BORN! Just a thought.

I'd also think Sonny might not have entirely warm feelings toward Sabs. Yes, it was girl child and Ava, but still. It was a possession of his.

And I know no one would dare speak ill of dead Sabrina, but she didn't revive the Nurses Ball because it was desperately needed. She did it because she wanted Patrick to notice her.

I'm glad I wasn't watching live so I could FF through Pip. Sonya Eddy has a great voice, but I can't listen to that song.

So much for Rebecca Budig grieving Nik. 

3 minutes ago, lovelynn said:

Did I skip the part where they explained why Lulu wasn't there with her husband?

Nope. Dante was there basically to tell Tracy the PCPD might have some leads on the investigation and rattle Paul.

• Love 8
40 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

And I know no one would dare speak ill of dead Sabrina, but she didn't revive the Nurses Ball because it was desperately needed. She did it because she wanted Patrick to notice her.

Enough with the pesky facts!  :-P

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I'd also think Sonny might not have entirely warm feelings toward Sabs. Yes, it was girl child and Ava, but still. It was a possession of his.

I was thinking the same thing. Although I'm sure in Sonny's mind, Sabrina was also bad news because she had previously been with, and then "cheated on" Michael with, Carlos - who was clearly a bad mobster due to his association with Julian and Ava.  I wish Michael had corrected Sonny during the one conversation; Sabrina slept with Carlos before she and Michael were truly a couple. She let Michael believe he was the father, but then when it was confirmed how far along she was, he realized he couldn't be because he and Sabrina hadn't had sex until a while after that.

Also, I believe the NB revival went beyond just getting Patrick to notice her.  I could swear she was actively trying to get him to fall for her, and win Emma's heart as well, by reviving it in honor of Robin. I recall thinking how she approached it all seemed manipulative.

• Love 5

Lulu was too busy curled up in a ball in the corner, rocking while chanting, "Embryo, embryo, embryo."

I'm glad there was no casket, because Sabrina probably could not resist popping up and joining in the song. 

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Perkie said:

Uhm, did Paul just admit to Tracy that he killed Sabrina???  Or is it going to be one of those, "I didn't catch the killer so she's dead" type things come Monday?  

Why wasn't Lulu, Morgan, Kiki, Kristina and Molly at the funeral to support Michael?

I don't think Kiki would be there, she and Michael aren't close at all anymore, even despite her dating Morgan.

I doubt Lulu would have been there anyway but Emme Rylan broke her nose a couple of weeks ago, and it might have affected some of her taping.

What I didn't get was why the Santiagos just didn't ask Patrick for permission to move Gabriel down to PR. So that Sabrina and Gabriel could be buried with Sabrina's beloved mother. Especially since Teddy was going to be with Joe. Most likely in PR. Who the hell is really going to be visiting them in the future? Patrick doesn't live in PC any longer. All of Sabrina's freaking family is in PR. Patrick has no family local. Have a damn memorial. Just say that Sabrina and Gabriel were taken to PR. Let Michael commission some cheesy angel statue that looks like Sabrina and stick it in a park or at the hospital. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, ulkis said:

Well, that's the problem with re-casting Jason with someone a decade younger, Jason has been moved out of previous age group. I saw someone say a couple of weeks ago that Sonny and Carly seemed too old for Jason and Sam to hang out with anymore. I was slightly offended on Sonny and Carly's behalf, lol.

Robin (Kimberly McCullough, born 1978), Sam (Kelly Monaco, born 1976) and Liz (Rebecca Herbst, born 1977) are now all older than Jason (Billy Miller, born 1979).

4 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Also, I believe the NB revival went beyond just getting Patrick to notice her.  I could swear she was actively trying to get him to fall for her, and win Emma's heart as well, by reviving it in honor of Robin. I recall thinking how she approached it all seemed manipulative.

Which would have been a better story than the way Ron originally intended it. You know, if Sabrina was written as calculating.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, Hope4Soaps said:

Robin (Kimberly McCullough, born 1978), Sam (Kelly Monaco, born 1976) and Liz (Rebecca Herbst, born 1977) are now all older than Jason (Billy Miller, born 1979).

Oh, I know, heh. It drives me a teensy bit nuts that no one at the show seemed to take that into consideration.

• Love 1

Sabrina's funeral was pa--in--full. Coinciding with the closing of the hospital made it worse. Paul was really punished by having to sit there and listen. What an absolute downer. The only way to make it worse would have been to have her baby there softly cooing and sobbing.

There are people that get long scenes. It is just the people we can't stand.

Nina got to spend a whole episode talking about a sex toy. Franco got to talk to a picture of a fucking dog on his cellphone.

Meanwhile every big beat of Sam talking to Jason about Danny has happened offscreen. He apparently learned about Danny's cancer and been tested as a bone marrow match.

Off screen GH is the greatest. Too bad we can't see it.

They should make it mandatory for the whole cast and TIIC to watch the whole show everyday to see the shit they are serving up and expect the audience to watch and support without criticism.

• Love 9

Freako's TLC, hugging, and moobey looks of intimate tenderness toward Liz made my stomach turn. He put his arm around her protectively and signaled in every possible way that they were like two mated turtledoves. This has to be Liz's punishment for keeping Jason's identity a secret for so long, to her advantage,  Now she can garner only the affection and attention of the serial killer.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Perkie said:

I can't speak for the others; however, I think there is a practical reason for "Lulu" not being there.  From following tweets about the timing of the shooting of the funeral scenes, I noted that the taping happened just AFTER Emme posted saying that she had broken her nose playing with her son and that she would be having surgery to repair it. 

From the way Dante showed up, I expect that the intention had been for Lulu to be with him - but, as with her scenes earlier this week at the Q house, with few lines.  If so, her absence would have been easy to tape around. 

I doubt Lulu would have been there anyway but Emme Rylan broke her nose

Totally forgot that Emme broke her nose, so thank you for that.

However, Lulu should have been there (if Emme hadn't broken her nose, I mean).  When Lulu walked into the Q mansion on Wed/Thurs with Dante, my first thought was why is she there.  Then I remembered that she was Michael's sister in law.  That's how bad this show is at having family interact (that aren't CarSon), I had totally forgotten that.  Then I remember that she's also related to Michael via Carly.  Goes to show how bad my memory is these days!!!

• Love 3

So, I'm catching up on GH.  I started with Wed because, I guess * reasons, Helena*  (which does not work irl btw).  Wtf is up with Claudette?  And why am I always shocked by how terrible these writers are?

"When I found out I was pregnant, I knew two things for sure- that I would love this baby and that I cannot be a mom.  So I sent her away to live with someone."   Then to Tree "This isn't about you, this is about my daughter!"  Is she Tess?  Is she playing Tess and she stole someone's baby/embryo because I know how this all ends and I don't want to see David Gregory ambush a nun again. 

I do hate myself for liking Greenlee and Van's mom.  I don't know.  It's a break from Sonny, Carly, Morgan, and homeless guy at Liz's bedside.  Which, for the love of all that is holy, please someone cut Roger's hair.  Wtf has to happen for that haircut to take place?  Does he not own mirrors? 

11 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

If they really are killing off the show, the idea that Liz would end up with Franco is incredibly sad

I have to keep telling myself that, if it ends, JJ would be willing to come back to give Liz/Lucky a happy ending.  I refuse to consider the alternative.  

• Love 10
12 hours ago, Hope4Soaps said:

Which would have been a better story than the way Ron originally intended it. You know, if Sabrina was written as calculating.

It seemed to me like the actress played it as Sabrina being subconsciously manipulative. The concept of 'honoring Robin' would have seemed genuine if it came from Elizabeth, Monica or Lucy due to their history of friendship/professional relationships with her and having been a part of NBs of the past. Sabrina was just fixated on Patrick and had no previous knowledge of the NB, that I recall.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

It seemed to me like the actress played it as Sabrina being subconsciously manipulative. The concept of 'honoring Robin' would have seemed genuine if it came from Elizabeth, Monica or Lucy due to their history of friendship/professional relationships with her and having been a part of NBs of the past. Sabrina was just fixated on Patrick and had no previous knowledge of the NB, that I recall.

Emma showed her a picture book of the NB that Robin made.

Sabrina, from Day 1, was shown to have a high school crush on Patrick. She would completely misinterpret when he would ask her things, like that time on Halloween when she dressed as a purple grape bc she thought he asked her out but it was to babysit Emma. Then Sabrina/Felix used Emma as a mini-me to attack Britt. The whole thing was SUCH a tween storyline. Poor JT.

• Love 3