Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

She was alone because she asked Franco (who wheeled her over to the portraits) to give her a moment alone. 

That's what I thought.  I wouldn't have put it passed this show to make that moment all about the SERIAL KILLER, all, "I'll take care of your granddaughter, sir."

Relatedly, who's going to tell Lucas and Brad (who they?) the hospital they work at is closed?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

Dr. McLayFinn flipping furniture was just...hulk smash? The hell was that!

Nathan is still a moron, but that kid looks cute. Maury, Maury, Maury! She said Nathan will make sure we're safe, not your father will make sure we're safe.

I wonder who this psycho dude is, but I really don't wanna know. 

Michael being reasonable about Teddy, bye Joe and Teddy.

Go away, Franco! Like go away. Why are people listening to this guy? Why are people even talking to this guy? 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 3

Elizabeth kissing such an unattractive, creepy and gross character must be BH's punishment for not leaving the show.

I don't give AF about Claudette and Nathan or their maybe kid.  

I like Griffin and think MC is being wasted in this quad crap.

I preferred the Naomi that seemed to tolerate HateChel as her kid.

I don't give AF about SilasFinnHamiltonClayMcBain and his dead wife or their illness.

Yes!  Joe and Teddy are leaving town (at least I hope so)!

Michael turning Teddy over to his Uncle Joe was good news.

2 hours ago, backhometome said:

I was pleasantly surprised the Teddy custody thing was dropped so fast. Good for Michael. 

I was waiting the whole epsidoe for Dante to knock Morgan the fuck out already. 

Freako making decisions fro Liez is so annoying. They are barely dating. And why does she put up with it. 

Because Uncle Frank said so!

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

Within the first year of the staircases appearance the writers did put it to "good use"  when not one but TWO pregnant women (Carly and Claudia) fell down the stairs while they were fighting.     

I'm pretty sure that's why they burned down the old set. 

1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I expect HeatLifer is seeing red over:

A) Maxie's line about Sabrina being good for Patrick and Emma while Robin was away.

(Me: "No, Maxie, Robin wasn't just gone, she was held prisoner!")

B) Epiphany sobbing, and then praying and crying, over the loss of Sabrina, when we never saw her cry over Robin's "death" after how many years of being close colleagues?! I just remember her being sad and tense while giving encouragement to Patrick not long after the lab explosion.

It's happened too many times to piss me off at this point. For some reason, since Frank took over, this show has had this obsession with wanting to insinuate or downright SAY that other women (Sabrina, Sam) were better for Patrick/Emma than Robin. Don't ask me why, don't ask me to analyze. It's far beyond my comprehension. 

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Dante, Lulu, and Morgan showing up to support Michael was a nice family touch this show so often forgets.

It was a nice family touch, but I did crack up at Lulu bringing a covered dish to the Quartermaine mansion.

So, Dante the cop, just lets his off-the-rails brother punch Joe?  He couldn't see that coming?  It is refreshing that we're going to be spared a custody battle over Teddy, though.  Does this mean Joe is back off to PR?

Claudette says her kid is Nathan's, so.... that means she's really Griffin's, right?

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Fellaway said:

Claudette says her kid is Nathan's, so.... that means she's really Griffin's, right?

The fact that anyone would take Claudette's word for it re: the paternity is ridiculous. 

The whole thing has a bit of eau de Balkan's Son about it.

• Love 8
Spoiler

I think there's a world of difference between the show saying some woman was good for Patrick while Robin was gone, and the show saying any woman was better for Patrick than Robin. There's a vast difference there, not that it matters to me, because Robin scenes tend to make my brain cells try to commit hari kari. I always felt the show made it clear any woman after Robin was an inferior replacement. Regardless of the dialogue, it was evident in the way that Patrick never truly loved anyone else.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I expect HeatLifer is seeing red over:

A) Maxie's line about Sabrina being good for Patrick and Emma while Robin was away.

(Me: "No, Maxie, Robin wasn't just gone, she was held prisoner!")

B) Epiphany sobbing, and then praying and crying, over the loss of Sabrina, when we never saw her cry over Robin's "death" after how many years of being close colleagues?! I just remember her being sad and tense while giving encouragement to Patrick not long after the lab explosion.

If @HeatLifer didn't see red, I did...or would have if I still tortured myself by watching this pile of shit. Alas, I missed this. My blood pressure is thanking me.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:
  Hide contents

I think there's a world of difference between the show saying some woman was good for Patrick while Robin was gone, and the show saying any woman was better for Patrick than Robin. There's a vast difference there, not that it matters to me, because Robin scenes tend to make my brain cells try to commit hari kari. I always felt the show made it clear any woman after Robin was an inferior replacement. Regardless of the dialogue, it was evident in the way that Patrick never truly loved anyone else.

Inferior? Sam and Sabrina were both presented as "SAVING" Patrick and Emma. This was in dialogue. They were the most wonderful girlfriends and mothers. They were suitable replacements and Patrick/Emma, especially during Sam, were never presented as missing or wanting Robin until JT, bless him, quit the show. We just gotta agree to disagree.

13 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

If @HeatLifer didn't see red, I did...or would have if I still tortured myself by watching this pile of shit. Alas, I missed this. My blood pressure is thanking me.

LOL. It seriously doesn't effect me anymore. I think it helps that I literally ignore a LOT of Frank/Ron/Jelly's decisions and refuse to acknowledge them as canon. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

That's why I said "regardless of dialogue".  I always felt JT played it as never fully invested in either Sabrina or Sam.

Yeah, I can agree there. His portrayal always made it obvious who Patrick really loved.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, lovelynn said:

So Claudette has a Jason of her own. Please don't drag him onto the canvas. Why didn't she dump the child with it's police officer father after it was born?

Cause his mother . . . Olivia . . . hated her? Just a guess lol.

50 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

Ah, well. I was hoping for some good JVP/JE stuff so I'd have a reason to watch.  No biggie.

What!?! Put two actors with actual talent in a scene together and have them interact?* Not on this GH. 

*I don't consider throwing lawyer threats around interacting. 

Edited by rur

By the way, does anyone else think that this show is coming thisclose to an end? Today felt like a series wrap up, or at least some subtle clue that the end is near. Epiphany and Griffin praying while looking at photos of others who've worked at GH previously. Michael easily relinquishing custody of Teddy to TwinLos and it seeming like uncle and nephew are leaving PC for good. Not what I expected since I did expect a custody storyline of some sort. Also, Tyler Christopher abruptly not returning as Nikolas with Bryan Craig abruptly quitting as Morgan. Lastly, Franco wheeling Liz into the elevator while the lights go out in the hospital lobby. I don't know! The stories that they have running currently can easily be wrapped up fairly quickly, and any actors being brought on can easily help to facilitate those endings.

• Love 3

Spicy bad girl Bree Williamson's background is ridiculousy overstuffed, and she's been here for a week. She needed a green card and married Nathan! She had an affair with a priest! Then a criminal roped her into shady dealings! Then she joined a circus and was blackmailed into leaving the show she loved!

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 13
On 9/18/2016 at 3:23 PM, ciarra said:

Wardrobe is certainly doing a craptacular job.  Alexis' jacket is clearly too small for her, as is Jordan's.  Nelle's makeover dress was also ill-fitting.  How hard is it to find clothing that fits?

Hatechel's clothes are always way too big for her and ugly as all hell.

• Love 1
On 9/18/2016 at 1:54 PM, KerleyQ said:

the connection between Hayden and the diamonds might arouse some suspicions that she had something to do with Sabrina's death

I thought they were going to set something up where we didn't know if Sabrina was killed by Hayden for revenge, the Hospital Killer or Julian's thugs to prevent her from testifying. THAT would have been interesting. I thought I saw that story setting up from a mile away, and somehow the hacks, er, writers missed it. That would have revved up all those stories. Alas, we shan't have nice things...

Also, if Teddy were Michael's, we could have had AUNT Tracy, who is a biological relative, petition the court for custody to keep Teddy out of CarSon's orbit.

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Ha! I totally forgot that Dante had a ONS with spicy bad girl, Tess

Yup, although I did get @lovelynn's post confused, I thought she meant Claudette had another person in her life who was a police officer besides Nathan.

• Love 1

I have nothing to type about this episode except that it wasn't surprising that the amount of time that went into the background of at least three new characters that I don't care greatly exceeded the amount of time allotted to the hospital shutting down.

Edited by sunnyface
grammer or grammar or more likely - Sonny
  • Love 3
On 9/19/2016 at 10:16 AM, YaddaYadda said:

No, Ava is the awesomest awesome that ever awesomed. After the Gummy Bear Mobster of course. She brought a serial killer down to his knees. He didn't bump her off like he did Sabrina, or tried with Elizabeth, instead he just caved.  You have this year's oxycodone Paul, use it! Don't just stand there looking like an idiot.

That's just stupidity on Paul's part.

10 minutes ago, sunnyface said:

I have nothing to type about this episode except that it wasn't surprising that the amount of time went into the background of at least three new characters that I don't care greatly exceeded the amount of time allotted to the hospital shutting down.

It was very strange as random Wednesday episode. It felt like a season finale of a prime time show. At the least, it could have aired on Friday.

3 hours ago, lovelynn said:

So Claudette has a Jason of her own. Please don't drag him onto the canvas. Why didn't she dump the child with it's police officer father after it was born?

Snap out of it Epiphany. How dare you let Franco infantilize Liz like this. I hate Franco with Liz. This relationship is disgusting. I would far rather they killed Liz off than pair her with discount Fabio. At least then I could stop watching this trainwreck.

Thankfully, Michael is letting Teddy go. Teddy and Dr. Joe will not be missed.

Closing the hospital on a show called General Hospital. Awesome. I am never going to hear the end of it from my fiance now. His favorite running joke is "are you watching that hospital show that's never in a hospital".

Lol if Claudette's ex actually was Jason because *reasons, Helena.   No one actually knows what Jason did during the time he was fished out of the river lake water supply and the time Robin had him in the weird space casket thing when Patrick awesomely opened it and almost killed him again (but didn't).  Bonus points if Claudette's ex is AJ because they said he was shady and she is a "spicy bad girl" with blonde girl keeping a kid away from a dude.  That's kind of the thing that happens with AJ, plus it'd remind the viewers of how fat and evil he was if was and how super awesome and loyal Duke was.  Plus, it would be FV's speed to revive AJ just to make him a villain in a weird Tree/Tess/Thornbirds thing with Maxie.  It'd make no sense, but that's Jelly's writing.  They're probably looking at old issues of Soap Opera Digest like "Well, um AJ had a son and he is fat so well yeah.  Here we go.  The viewers want more Quartermaines!"  Then we get Frank's intern tweeting "#GH #ShockingReturn"

• Love 3

Someone mentioned a great point elsewhere. Why would anyone in charge of the hospital setting and beyond agree to close the hospital? Did everyone involved forget that this was the setting for the serial killer's crimes? The PCPD is known for incompetence but this decision allows the killer to vanish into the wind. They will no longer be investigating via the hospital. I guess Paul will now commit murders randomly all around PC now, and yes, I am convinced that he will kill again, perhaps several times more before he's caught.

Edited by Syndicate
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Relatedly, who's going to tell Lucas and Brad (who they?) the hospital they work at is closed?

I'm just imagining Lucas waking up in the on call room and wondering where everyone went.  

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It was probably some manicotti Olivia had brought them earlier. Hee.

"Here, we have like a dozen of these in our freezer."  

I don't know how people don't just randomly punch Morgan every single day.  

• Love 14
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

Spicy bad girl Bree Williamson's badground is ridiculousy overstuffed, and she's been here for a week. She needed a green card and married Nathan! She had an affair with a priest! Then a criminal who roped her into shady dealings! Then she joined a circus and was blackmailed into leaving the show she loved!

It's like no one reads what anyone else is writing.

46 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

I don't know how people don't just randomly punch Morgan every single day.  

I know. It should be part of the regular routine: shower, coffee, clock Morgan, do the crossword.

Thank Jasus there was no stupid custody fight for Teddy. I like that Michael brought up his own childhood, even if he didn't mention AJ by name.

Finn's Hulk smash! was UCG.

Franco was super creepy and controlling with Elizabeth today. Why Pip didn't throw him out of GH is beyond me.

This was a very strange episode.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Syndicate said:

Why would anyone in charge of the hospital setting and beyond agree to close the hospital? Did everyone involved forget that this was the setting for the serial killer's crimes? The PCPD is known for incompetence but this decision allows the killer to vanish into the wind. They will no longer be investigating via the hospital. I guess Paul will now commit murders randomly all around PC now, and yes, I am convinced that he will kill again, perhaps several times more before he's caught.

Wasn't Paul killing because of a grudge he has against the hospital? Maybe closing it will stop his Jack the Ripper exploits.

[But first, can he use Jack the Ripper's crimes to inspire him to get rid of Freako?] [Disappears in a fog...]

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ulkis said:

Spicy bad girl Bree Williamson's badground is ridiculousy overstuffed, and she's been here for a week. She needed a green card and married Nathan! She had an affair with a priest! Then a criminal who roped her into shady dealings! Then she joined a circus and was blackmailed into leaving the show she loved!

Pretty much proof to me that she was brought on with basically no idea of what her story arc would be. I don't believe that someone who was mooning dreamily at a picture of herself and her ex-husband just a couple weeks ago would not have told him about their daughter sooner than this. This appears to be a "Let's keep throwing things at the wall and see what sticks" approach. 

If serial killer Paul kills serial killer Franco I will be happy. 

Edited by rur
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, lovelynn said:

Closing the hospital on a show called General Hospital. Awesome. 

As far as I'm concerned the show could've ended yesterday as Liz was being wheeled out of a darkened hospital set. No hospital, no soap.

Makes sense to me. This soap isn't named "Port Charles" - that ship sailed in the last millennia. 

Turn out the lights - everyone goes home (and we are all put out of our misery. )

4 hours ago, ulkis said:

Cause his mother . . . Olivia . . . hated her? Just a guess lol.

They're literally begging for Mark Lawson to be cast as Lucky so that the Wee Pocket Police Force can be reunited.   But I literally couldn't take Lulu and Maxie vs Claudette with all their blonde hair and their voices. 

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, dr. gailey said:

I am calling it now. Claudette's kid is that damned embryo. She hatched it. That ties her and Nina also to Valentin when he comes back. 

I assume she would want to pass it off as Nate's or Griffith's though. Not that I wouldn't put past them saying the kid had a 5 year growth spurt.

3 hours ago, Lillybee said:

Can some explain it to me as if I were Morgan why Claudette, a graphic artist got a job a GH, doing what?  Was she able to hone some hospital management skills while she was in hiding?

With this writing crew? I'm going with Reasons! & Helena!  Nothing about Claudette and her story makes a luck of sense. Why not Metrocourt? Why not just claim to be an expensive consultant and work for a bunch of upstate NY businesses?

• Love 1

Claud is truly a dumpster fire of a character. 

Is Naomi gone for good? If so, I'm disappointed. She's one of the few new characters that I don't want to be murdered.

I feel like in the net few weeks it's going to be announced that this show is cancelled.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Claud is truly a dumpster fire of a character. 

Is Naomi gone for good? If so, I'm disappointed. She's one of the few new characters that I don't want to be murdered.

I feel like in the net few weeks it's going to be announced that this show is cancelled.

The writing for the character is awful.  But I really don't mind BW. She actually gets some emotions out of Tree. Unlike poor KS. It is just too bad that the show has absolutely no clue as to who Claudette is and what her story is about! It is like they are flinging crap on a wall and seeing what sticks. Almost like the higher ups just decided to hire BW and just told the writers to put her somewhere on the show, front and center. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, stlbf said:

The writing for the character is awful.  But I really don't mind BW. She actually gets some emotions out of Tree. Unlike poor KS. It is just too bad that the show has absolutely no clue as to who Claudette is and what her story is about! It is like they are flinging crap on a wall and seeing what sticks. Almost like the higher ups just decided to hire BW and just told the writers to put her somewhere on the show, front and center. 

Is BW a soap superstar like RoHo? Why is this character on my screen?

• Love 2

Frank hired her on OLTL and loves her. Frontburnered her for his entire tenure there. She is nowhere near Howarth or Easton levels of fame in either their or her prime, but he adores her.

6 hours ago, Lillybee said:

why Claudette, a graphic artist got a job a GH, doing what?  Was she able to hone some hospital management skills while she was in hiding?

This still fucking baffles me. Have they said anything about what she does?

Meanwhile Nina fucking Reeves runs the fashion empire and Lucy is on maybe twice a month hawking real estate like approximately 100 unemployed soap stars IRL (it's true!) because she poor now. Fine.

I would watch a storyline where someone brings Lucy in to topple Nina. Yeah, it's not quite the same business, whatever. Lucy had a corporate empire dealing with women's products and she has played plenty a dirty business con game.

Also, I would pay to see Finn break Hayden's hopeful-for-love heart when she finds him in bed with Tracy.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 7